Event icon innovations

• Plotist Team: Timeline Master

So at the moment our "icon picker" for creating events in the timeline is still limited to 5 pages, though I know there are plans to expand these in the future.

For now there is occassionally a little bit of imagination required in choosing an icon for a particular event.

I wanted to know - what's the most creative way you use an icon to depict an event? For example, how do you depict a death, battle, or argument? How do you depict a meeting of two characters?

At the moment I'm using the heart-flatline icon for a death and the lightening bolt for battles and arguments, but I'd love to hear others' ideas on using these!

• I'm not much of a visual person, but I tried to use an icon based on what best symbolized what was happening. (Except when I forget to select one >.< ) If it's a battle in space, then I use a fighter jet. If it's something that's bad but I don't think there's a very good image, then I use just a thumb's down, and the opposite for a good event. For not-space battles (or battles inputted before I made that decision), then I use the bomb icon.

For people meeting, I use the group icon. If it's like a date, then I use what matches what they're doing (e.g., a film image for when they're going to a movie). If they're just hanging out in general, then the chat bubbles.

• I've been using the little person with their arms up in the air for births. Because it looked cheerful and most people are happy to be born. :P

Otherwise, I've been using the flatline for deaths and lightning for battles. I use the speech bubbles for important dialogue and the road for when characters relocate.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Is it wrong that I tend to use the icon that reflects my mood at that moment in time? ;)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.