Feedback for Plotist version Adams

• administrators

Thank you very much for getting involved!

Plotist is still in beta, but that doesn't mean it's unfinished or unusable, everything has been thoroughly tested and all the functionality offered has no errors and works on different devices and screen resolutions. But there is always some room for improvement so if there is anything you are missing, anything you would just love to have, let us know!

We are a small team, so things might take some time to develop and be available on the app, but we will do our best to introduce anything you believe would make Plotist the best app for writers. There are no stupid requests. Even if it's something you believe is impossible, we will be happy to look into it and try to make it happen. So for any requests, any ideas or any issues you may (rarely) encounter, leave a comment below or open a new thread on the support category

We are always around and happy to hear from you. In other sections of the forum, we can talk about music for inspiration, world building, or share what we are working on. So just have a look around and become part of our amazing community :)

Happy plotting!

• Super pleased with the new timeline system! However, I am not enjoying being sent to the beginning of the timeline every time I put an event down and making a character from timeline fails to add the picture I upload.

But that's all I've got so far. : ) good work, guys!

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

@haynertheqt Thank you so much for the feedback. :) I'll be sure our Keepers of Code are aware of this. :) Anything else you find do let us know!

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey @haynertheqt! Thanks for the feedback! I was just told about your issue (apologies!) and I managed to reproduce it from here. I'll start working on this now to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Glad you are enjoying our new version! :D

• I will keep you updated on anything else I find. : ) Thank you for responding so quickly!

• @Plotist Excuse me, but I seem to experience some sort of problem. I'm unable to log in. Every time I try it redirects me to a blank white page. I have my profile bookmarked and it gives me the same result if I click on it.
    I don't know why this is happening but I would appreciate it if you could look into it. Thank you.

@highwayKing Thanks for letting us know! I have a few questions that will help us resolve the issue:

• Do you see a new window appear when you log in that disappears shortly after?
    • After logging in, what is the URL (in the adress bar of your browser) of the blank white page?
    • Try to load the following page after you've logged in and see if anything shows up

Thanks a lot!

Hey @haynertheqt!

We just finished fixing those two issues. Adding elements to the back will not take you to the beginning of the track anymore and pictures will be uploaded from the timeline.

Thank you very much for reporting those bugs!

• @simon Thank you for answering!
    Nothing appears when I try to log in. And I don't get to log in, the blank page is where I should put my information, this one.

• @jaycano Yay! Thank you so much! I'll keep you updated on any other issues I find.
    Back to the grind!

@highwayKing This might be a problem with our unified log in system. Could I have you try to log out of these forums and then log back in on the app ( In case you cannot log back into the forums afterwards write us on and we'll figure it out from there! Thank you very much!

• @simon I just tried it but nothing changed.

@highwayKing - very glad we could sort the issue. To everyone else, keep the bugs, suggestions, etc coming, we love everything you're bringing us!

• With new update now it is faster to create new events, characters and objects. That´s great! But something I find inconvinient is that you need to edit the object to add a short description, and only by clicking the object you´ll be able to read it.
    I liked a lot, in the last version, that you could add the short description immediatly when making the new object and also after clicking save you could see it.
    For me, that made easier to know what was I creating and what I already had.
    It would be nice to have that back, or at least, I´d like to be able to see the brief description.

Hey @MaryMalone!

Thanks for the feedback! We actually removed the short description box on purpose, to make it quicker and easier to add stories and elements without having to worry much about the details. We will try adding it back again in the next version, but we need to figure out how to do it without the dialog becoming too burdensome and crowded.

You can currently see the short description on the list if you switch to the large size card view. On the regular list and small card view there is no room for the short description, we tried but it just looked crammed.

Let us know if you miss anything else!

• Hey, guys, is it not possible to rename timelines anymore?

Also, just gotta express how happy I am that I can actually link music on my character bios now. I was waiting for that. :)

Hey @Blackbird!

It's something we didn't have time to develop for this iteration, editing the name and adding a description to the timeline, but we will be bringing it back in the next version.

About adding links to your notes, I'm glad to know that you are finding it useful! Not being able to add links was holding us back a little bit too. It's something we wanted to do for a long time but we needed to find the way of doing it right to avoid spammers.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Hello!

Plotist is a super site and I've had great help from it in my writing.

With the new system I have a problem with one of my timelines. I can't edit the timeline I have worked the most on. I can edit my nearly empty timeline but the other one becomes blank when I click the edit button.

Hey Serwaa! I'm really sorry you ran into this issue. I'll send you an email in a second as I need to ask you a few questions about your account. Thank you for your feedback!

• @jaycano Thank you! I've received and answered your email.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.