Daily #NaNoWriMo inspriation, dares, and more

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Many of us have ideas, or strong plans of action for our story for NaNoWriMo this year. Many of us have no idea and totally flying by the seat of our pants. Starting tomorrow, each day I will put a new post in this thread with a small piece of inspiration, a character dare, or something else to help all of us succeed.

I wish all participating good tidings and fantastic creative juice!

Collection:

November 1: Inspiration: And for everyone, remember to breath and take it at your own pace. This is a marathon, not a sprint. You got this!
    November 2: Dare: Do your characters floss? Do they use luffas? Do they prefer soap with a strong smell? What is their daily hygiene regime?
    November 3: Image: Something we can all relate to!
    November 4: Inspirational Image today!! The image was found outside an English professor's door. I found this image on reddit, and immediately thought of everyone doing NaNo!
    November 5: Dare time! Have your antagonist do something your protagonist would approve of... and have your protagonist witness it.
    November 6: Image: I see you writing a story!
    November 7: Inspiration: You're the only one who can write your story. Embrace your uniqueness!
    November 8: Dare time! Let your character consume too much sugar and watch what happens when the hypertrain takes off.
    November 9: I bring to you a site called "A Soft Murmur". This little website (and app) has some nifty audio backgrounds. It can be used to help set your scene that you're writing.
    November 10: Go deeper into emotions. Emotions do more than just explain how a character feels. Emotions trigger physical reactions both internally and externally. Check out this rather interesting classification of emotions from Plutchik.
    November 11: Dare! Think of the most cliche scene you can. Put your characters into that scene and have them practice a little anarchy.
    November 12: In celebration of my comical train journey today, I bring you another dare! Put a date and time as a deadline (or meeting time) where instead of making it on time, your characters are held up by traffic, overly crowded trains, or some other transportation being late.
    November 13, 14, and 15 Attempt to get a good night's sleep! It may not be easy to plan for, but it will empower your writing this month. I promise!
    November 16: We're never distracted, ever! Though I would argue that it's 3% hard work, 90% not being distracted, and 7% finding inspiration, humour, ... like this!
    November 17: You're over halfway there, and even if you're no where near where you want to be for your word count, keep pushing! To help, today we bring you a picture of something adorable.

• I'm going to finally start, and I mean properly start, one the stories I have in my mad head. I have put the basics into Plotist to see how that works for me. I also think it will help having a place I can just look to on the screen quickly, as I do most of my writing by hand.
    This is scary but I have to do it. I don't think I will complete it in time but it will help me start and possibly help get into some good writing habits.

Good luck fellow nanos

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

@Sulaco Good luck with NaNo! Everything always start with a resolution, and you just made yours :)

November 1: October And for everyone, remember to breath and take it at your own pace. This is a marathon, not a sprint. You got this!

@Sulaco You got this woman! I have complete faith in you!

November 2: Dare: Do your characters floss? Do they use luffas? Do they prefer soap with a strong smell? What is their daily hygiene regime?

This may seem out of left field, but a character who has a special toothbrush, or who thrives on the latest beauty techniques will feel something after a battle. They may come across as odd to other characters. Maybe your villain carries floss with them in their pocket to clean out the people they have consumed. Creepy thought.

• @Josey said in Daily #NaNoWriMo inspriation, dares, and more:

I doubt my boys have bathed at all since the start of winter. :P

@Blackbird And how do others take their smell? lol Do they even notice?

November 3: Image: Us NaNo participants understand this all too well!

alt text

• @Blackbird I mean, hygiene isn't that important, is it? I mean, people in pre-Revolutionary France (and, let's face it, most of the periods before and after that as well) only needed some perfume and they were good to go for the whole year!

• @Josey Oh, it'll come up as soon as they join the Hunters and have access to heated water; hence no excuse to stink. :P

@typical_demigod Ah, the good old fashioned eau de toilette.

@Blackbird Something tells me that set of scenes will be comical.

November 4: Inspirational Image today!! The image was found outside an English professor's door. I found this image on reddit, and immediately thought of everyone doing NaNo!

alt text

• @Josey

"Alright.... Alright... ALRIGHT! STOP!" Kyle shouted, grabbing the sponge off Johanna's hands. "I can wash myself, I'm not a baby. Have you no sense of personal space? Twins' sake!"

A little bit. >.>

I feel the need to point out she was washing him because he was really drunk and passed out for a day and a half. She had to carry him to the tub and all. So he actually couldn't do it himself until this point.

@Blackbird Haha! Brilliant! :D

November 5: Dare time! Have your antagonist do something your protagonist would approve of... and have your protagonist witness it.

November 6: Image: I see you writing a story!
    alt text

November 7: Inspiration: You're the only one who can write your story. Embrace your uniqueness!

November 8: Dare time! Let your character consume too much sugar and watch what happens when the hypertrain takes off.

• @Josey Poor boys, one of then just finished getting over his alcohol poisoning! o.O

@Blackbird Lol. Poor guys; well they do say you should make your characters suffer ... a bit

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.