Timeline by years?

• I'd love love love to be able to build a timeline based on a year system. I've got a whole lot of history and characters to sort through, so I'd like to build a timeline in a more traditional sense?
    So far, I love this site. This would be the thing that would really sell it to me!

• The way I do it is make a character (Chapter 1, or just plain Dates, or something along those lines) and drag it into the timeline. Then, I make a location but instead of a location, I title it with the date. Then, drag the date into the timeline, and add the events. At least, that's what I do :) If you want me to, I'll get the link for you to see.

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey there @haynertheqt! Glad you are enjoying the site :)

We'll be releasing a version with the option to make that type of timelines soon (hopefully before Christmas). The next release, coming out in a few weeks, will be preparing the ground for that.

In the meantime, @typical_demigod's solution is the one I would use. You can see a very rough example here:

https://app.plotist.com/timelines/57e97dbb29a18d0003f39777

The first track would work as the reference while the others represent the story itself. If you have global events, you can add them on the date/reference track.

This is similar to the approach we will take when we release this feature, does it make sense? Having some sort of reference track with the dates?

• @typical_demigod Ahh, that does make sense! It's just kind of troublesome when I have to chart back 70+ years. I suppose maybe I could go by decades, so maybe I'll give this a shot. Thank you!

• @jaycano Yes! That makes perfect sense, and that's just what I'm looking for. I'll try out the way you and @typical_demigod mentioned for the time being, but I look forward to your update!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.