Character Respond, Answer, Ask (June Edition)

• lmao this is so late but

What is the Character Respond, Answer, Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

Here's how it works: I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's a question: How punctual are you?

• @typical_demigod

Q: How punctual are you?

Jo: "Not very. Unless it's job stuff. I'm usually on time for that."

Aleck: "I'm usually early." :/

Jo: "He's usually early then wait outside of wherever he needs to be so that he can there on time. Anxious dork."

Aleck: "It's rude to be too early." :|

Jo: Eyeroll

Q: If you're meeting someone would you rather they get there too early or late?

• @blackbird

Jo: "He's usually early then wait outside of wherever he needs to be so that he can there on time. Anxious dork."

mood lmao Though my problem is usually that I severely overestimate how long it takes to get places

Q: If you're meeting someone would you rather they get there too early or late?

Arial: I try to get to places too early, so if they're also too early, then guess what? We get out business done earlier than we intended. It's an ideal scenario.

Ceamath: How often does that happen for you?

Arial: Unfortunately, never. But a girl can wish.

Ceamath: Personally, I'm a very punctual person, and it really doesn't bother me if the other person is early or late. If they're late, I have time to kill. If they're early, they're the ones wasting time.

William: I get annoyed when people are consistently late :/

Arial: You're late every other time we meet.

William: Two minutes isn't late. Ten minutes is late. There's a very large difference.

Arial: There's a difference in the amount of time passed, but not in the fact, itself, that you are late.

William: :/

Id'en: I'd rather they were early. I suppose it doesn't bother me as much now, but in the past, when I'm busy, it can cause me problems.

Adaellae: I prefer late. It makes them feel under pressure.

Ceamath: I'm sure you love to see that.

Adaellae: I do, actually.

Q: Do you ever do something just to watch another person squirm? (Not necessarily, like, in a rude way. just in general do something you know will bother another person.)

• @typical_demigod

I imagine that if Aleck and Hazel had managed a normal first date she probably would have found him waiting awkwardly outside her uncle's place waiting for when he's supposed to pick her up. :P

Arial and William are my all time OTP. >.>

Adaellae: I prefer late. It makes them feel under pressure.
    Ceamath: I'm sure you love to see that.
    Adaellae: I do, actually.

Ha.

Q: Do you ever do something just to watch another person squirm?

Jo: "Me? Never. Hey, wanna see the giant spider I keep in my bedroom?"

Aleck: "My sister thrives on messing with people. Stay away from her on Halloween. And April Fools."

Jo: "I'm not that bad."

Aleck: "You put a speaker under my bed and whispered weird shit into it in the middle of the night for a week."

Jo: "I honestly didn't think it'd take you that long to find it."

Aleck: "I thought I was going insane!"

Jo: "All fairness, dork. Jury's still not out on that one."

Aleck: =_=

Q: Have you ever been pranked? If so, how well did you take it?"

• @blackbird

I imagine that if Aleck and Hazel had managed a normal first date she probably would have found him waiting awkwardly outside her uncle's place waiting for when he's supposed to pick her up. :P

Hazel: i'm almost ready!
    Aleck: i'm definitely not already waiting outside! take your time!

Aleck: "You put a speaker under my bed and whispered weird shit into it in the middle of the night for a week."
    Jo: "I honestly didn't think it'd take you that long to find it."
    Aleck: "I thought I was going insane!"

tbh shoutout to Jo for keeping it up that long.

Q: Have you ever been pranked? If so, how well did you take it?

William: My brother always put garden snakes in my bed. After the third or fourth time, it lost all affect, but he kept doing it. I'd make it months with nothing, and then, when I least expected it, when I was almost asleep, something would slither up my leg.

Ceamath: I hate everything about that story.

William: He always caught the same ones, too. You'd think you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but there was a very big difference between Alfred and Walter.

Ceamath: What was the difference?

William: Well, Walter bit and Alfred didn't. I also developed welts around Walter and not Alfred.

Ceamath: Might've been something to do with the biting.

William: It's possible. nods

Ceamath: It seems that you took it well, at least.

William: I did, yeah. He had a horrible fear of frogs and I'd leave them in his bed whenever he left a snake in mine.

Arial: Sounds right. You know, we had these two species of frogs where I grew up, and one was poisonous and one wasn't, and the only difference was the number of rings.

William: We definitely didn't have poisonous frogs.

Arial: I remember, there was one time, one of the boys almost died because he was dared to eat one and they didn't cook it correctly, and it was the poisonous species. They all claimed not to have realize, or they forgot which number of rings was correct, something like that.

Ceamath: Frankly, that's just irresponsible on his part.

Arial: Don't judge.

Ceamath: ...well, I'm sure I've been pranked before. Nothing really stands out, though.

William: We can prank you later, just to be sure you've had the experience.

Ceamath: I want neither snakes nor frogs in my life.

William: There's other ways to prank people.

Adaellae: Once I was pranked when I went into a room, and I came back out a couple minutes later, and a dozen people had appeared speaking another dialect. They insisted I had been transported.

Ceamath: Clearly, you hadn't, or we wouldn't have to deal with you now.

Id'en: When I was a young child, my brother gave me a blank book and told me the words were invisible and I needed to cast a certain spell to make them appear. I had almost forgotten it completely until a few years ago when I realized what had happened. I would say I took it well; I was mostly just confused.

Q: What's your opinion on creepy crawlies?

• @typical_demigod

ERIK: I grew up in places where spiders and insects are just a fact of everyday life, which is to say it seems that I've always lived in places where the humidity is pretty high. Even here in Chicago, where I'm living now, the summertime humidity gets higher than a human should have to tolerate. Of course we don't have the flying cockroaches and mini pteradactyls here that I'm used to back home, but once you drive out into the suburbs they do.

IVAN: I lived a long while in St Petersburg, which is in Russia, but I was just a kid. I remember playing with this spider in my bedroom as a little kid until my mom freaked out and smashed it. And I can remember the hundreds of mosquitos that seemed like they would follow me every summer. Once my dad moved us to live with him, it was my first time to not live within a big city. There are many more "creepy crawlies" as you call them in Kentucky than anywhere else I've lived or traveled. There are these things called potato bugs, and salamanders, and centipedes. Some of these insects would be ferocious beasts in science fiction books, if they could grow bigger. But they never bothered me.

Q: What were the circumstances, when you met either your best friend or your worst enemy?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.