Worldbuilding Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition)

• What is the Worldbuilding Respond, Answer, Ask?

Are you a fantasy writer? A science fiction writer? A historical fiction writer? A fanfiction writer? Are you struggling to figure out what exactly your world is about?

Congrats! You found a thread that will give you prompts to think about aspects of your world you may not have thought about before. How does it work?

I'll leave a question at the end of this post. The first person to find the thread will post an answer to that question, and leave a question at the end of their post.

Then another person will arrive. They'll read the first person's post, leave a response (maybe compliment something, or ask a question about something) to the first person's answer. Then, they'll answer the question that person left from the perspective of their world, and leave a question for the next person at the end of their post.

Something like:

Q: What is travel like in your world?
    P1: Easy. Portals are usually kept in temples, and getting a mage to open it to a specific location is as easy as having a couple coins.
    P1: leaves question How frivolous are the rich of your world?

P2: responds to P1 Wow, that sounds nice! Are there any side effects to using portals?
    P2: answers P1's question
    P2: leaves their own question

And so forth.

Some notes!

Your world doesn't need to be a secondary world to answer. Writing a novel set in 1735? Is your story set exactly tomorrow, but with werewolves? Though many questions here tend to apply to secondary worlds, there are plenty others that you can use to fit your modern (or other) setting. If you keep getting stuck behind either questions that can't apply to your world (maybe you don't have magic), then feel free to either pick from a previous question that does apply to your world OR ask for other participants to try posting some more world-neutral questions.
    (If you're socially awkward and don't want to do that on the thread, feel free to PM me and I'll help ya out :) )

Sometimes posts get long. It happens. Don't flip out. If it's what you need to explain a concept fully and understandably, then do so. On that note:

Try to write about a paragraph when you post. It's hard to respond when you write two sentences about X element of your world. On the same hand as long posts, sometimes a topic doesn't require a lot of explanation. And that's totally okay! But try not to let one-sentence-answers become a habit.

Topics can be whatever you think of.

Don't forget to respond! Responding to other peoples worlds is part of what makes this thread as much fun as it is! Even if all you have to say is "That sounds so awesome" or "That's so weird O.o" -- say it!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

A question to start us off: What do you think will be most challenging to write at the moment?

• What do you think will be most challenging to write at the moment?

looks at unfinished notes
    looks at blank sheet of paper

Everything. Just everything. xD

What are you most excited to write about at the moment?

• @Shy_Not_Fly mood tbh XD

Q: What are you most excited to write about at the moment?

So in 2 chapters it's the masquerade chapter and I'm p excited!! There will probably be ship bait bc I love @Blackbird, but more importantly, the beginning of the end starts in the masquerade chapter. There will be a bit more build up in that chapter, and then in the chapter or two after (which would be set during/shortly after the masquerade). Unless my pacing is more of a mess than I think, all the set up will be over after that. It'll be all downhill from there.

Q: Do you have any ships or romance in your story? If not, which characters have your favorite (non-romantic) relationship?

• @typical_demigod THE HYPE. IT IS REAL. O_O

Q: What do you think will be most challenging to write at the moment?

Fight scenes. Action scenes in general. I wrote Jo showing Seb how to sword fight this chapter and I had to do it with almost zero dialogue... It hurt. It physically hurts. >.>

Q: What are you most excited to write about at the moment?

The only easy part of life is Death.

That is the summary I have up for Chapter 11. Next chapter. That's all I can say for it right now, but I think it speaks for itself. >.>

Q: Do you have any ships or romance in your story? If not, which characters have your favorite (non-romantic) relationship?

That's a no-brainer. Jorry is life. I love them to bits. They infuriate me, but nonetheless. >.>

There are going to be more in upcoming Episodes too... Lena and Eldric should be interesting to write.

As far as non-romantic relationships go. I think... Jo and Seb have a really interesting connection building up this episode (hopefully is shows). Gabrielle and everyone is always interesting too. Heck, all of it is just my favorite part of writing. Makes up for the stupid action scenes.

Q: What's your favorite part of writing? The one that makes up for the stuff you really struggle with?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.