Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition)

• What is the Character Respond, Answer, Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

Here's how it works: I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's a question: Do you prefer hot or cold weather?

• I'm finally going to answer a CRAA after 50 million years of not answering any! >:3

Q: Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
    Izzy: I like it warm, maybe not hot, but it's better than freezing. That's one of the many things I love about LA.
    Jake: We usually fly out to Greece in December if we can, but it rains and gets cold as hell in winter. Spending summers there is better.
    Jenna: Agreed. (laughs) Do you remember last time when we headed to the beach and Dad came back looking like a lobster?
    Jake: (cackles) And Mum was trying not to swear when she rubbed all those creams on his back, because he should've covered himself better. Boy, Yia-yia was pissing herself when she walked in on that.
    Shaan: I actually like the cold more. You can wrap up and you don't have to worry about stripping to keep cool. (rubs arms) Yeah, I'm not a fan of heat.
    Fallon: Amen to that! Having a tan would be nice and all that, but you're more likely to get fucking roasted if you're a pale-ass redhead. (tugs on a strand of her hair as a case in point) And like hell I'm getting a bloody spray tan.
    Alex: I need my computer cold, but they come with a fan anyway, so I'm free to park my lazy backside at the desk with my bedcovers over me like an old granny. Seriously, you try getting up in the morning when the rest of your room is a frozen wasteland.
    Jenna: (points at the question) Your bedroom comes with its own weather system?
    Alex: No, I just hate outdoors, bedroom included (sometimes).
    Jenna: ...Okay then?

Q: NaNo has begun, and thus all writers rejoice/weep! How would you feel about trying to push your creative abilities (anything from writing to drawing to wood-carving to glass-blowing) on a deadline?

• @Shy_Not_Fly yaaay, they're all back! I missed them :D

Alex: ...Seriously, you try getting up in the morning when the rest of your room is a frozen wasteland.

Accurate

Jenna: Agreed. (laughs) Do you remember last time when we headed to the beach and Dad came back looking like a lobster?
    Jake: (cackles) And Mum was trying not to swear when she rubbed all those creams on his back, because he should've covered himself better. Boy, Yia-yia was pissing herself when she walked in on that.

why do I feel like any beach trip begins with at least one member of the family deciding they're immune to the sun and not wearing sunscreen and ends with them having a horrible sunburn and no one being sympathetic?

Q: NaNo has begun, and thus all writers rejoice/weep! How would you feel about trying to push your creative abilities (anything from writing to drawing to wood-carving to glass-blowing) on a deadline?

Michael: I'm not a creative person, but I usually don't push my hobbies under deadlines because then I'm still stressed.

Rus: I did commissions for a few months and it wasn't that bad. shrugs

Michael: What even happened with that?

Rus: People are rude. :|

Michael: That's fair.

Benito: As long as there's enough time, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a deadline. I prefer having things done ahead of time in general, though.

Nelly: I dunno. I honestly haven't done anything artsy in a long time but I kind of want to, now.

Benito: nods You should.

Nelly: Yeah, maybe I will. thoughtful expression

Q: Are you an artsy person?

• @Shy_Not_Fly Hey, the gang's all back together. How nice. :)

Fallon: Amen to that! Having a tan would be nice and all that, but you're more likely to get fucking roasted if you're a pale-ass redhead. (tugs on a strand of her hair as a case in point) And like hell I'm getting a bloody spray tan.

Jo: Nervous laugh "Hah. Yeah." >.>

Aleck: "Before you told us the story I always kinda wondered if that was why you started wearing that..." Taps her fedora

Jo: Snorts "No, but now that you mention it... It kinda helps. So win-win." Shrugs "I haven't actually sunburned in a while, but if I'm in the sun a lot my freckles all start popping up to say hello. Think that's my version of a tan, fuck knows."

Aleck: "They're cute."

Jo: Facepalms and mutters under her hand "Shut up, dork."

@typical_demigod

Michael: That's fair.

That sounds like everyone I know who does writing commisions, tbh. :P

Q: Do you prefer hot or cold weather?

Jo: "Neither? Though I guess, snow makes life difficult when you ride a motorcycle as a means of transport."

Aleck: "That's true. Still, I like the cold."

Jo: "Mhm. That's why your room is a freezer."

Aleck: "Hazel complained about that too." :/

Jo: "You don't say?"

Aleck: "I don't get it. I always sleep just in my boxers and I don't think it's cold."

Jo: "And here we all thought you were a Bigfoot. You're a fucking Yeti."

Aleck: "I still say it's not that cold." >.>

Jo: "I wonder if glass blowing is any fun."

Aleck: "I thought it said 'grass' blowing. And I was wondering what that is..."

Jo: "Isn't that when people make a whistle with a blade of grass and stuff?"

Aleck: "Is it:" Gets his phone "I have to look it up now."

Jo: "Wait, what was the question again?"

Aleck: Hums, staring at his phone "Deadline, yes or no?"

Jo: "Ask that to my notebooks full of unfinished music." Shrugs

Aleck: "I didn't find anything that says people call making grass whistles 'grass blowing' so I guess that isn't a thing, then." He puts his phone away "And no. I would die. Anxiety would kill me." :|

Jo: "Doesn't it already do that anyway?"

Aleck: "Anxiety would kill me faster." >.>

Q: Are you an artsy person?

Jo: "If you consider being awesome at guitar 'artsy', then yes. Also I can sing and play the piano, but that's... Beside the point." >.>

Aleck: "It's not 'beside the point'."

Jo: "It is if I say it is."

Aleck: "Alright. Fine. Jesus." Snorts "Also yes. I guess you can say that too."

Jo: "Come on, now... Give them the list.."

Aleck: "Okay, fine." Sigh "I can sing, play guitar, bass, piano, harmonica and drums. There. Happy?"

Jo: "I'm not unhappy." Smirks

Q: Which of your talents would you say you're most proud of?"

• @typical_demigod xD Alex is lowkey my spirit animal, but shhhh, it's a secret

why do I feel like any beach trip begins with at least one member of the family deciding they're immune to the sun and not wearing sunscreen and ends with them having a horrible sunburn and no one being sympathetic?

Jenna: Considering it was the Ionian Islands in the middle of summer and Mum had warned him before we went out... he probably should've known better. Maybe he thought years of Army service made him immune?
    Jake: (coughs) Um, his leg though.
    Jenna: (considers the argument) Your leg doesn't usually get blown off by clear, sunny skies in the Mediterranean. Usually.

The fact that sounds plausible makes me lowkey sad. I'm sure your commissions were wonderful, Rus.

Benito: As long as there's enough time, I wouldn't have much of a problem with a deadline. I prefer having things done ahead of time in general, though.

Me.

@Blackbird

Jo: Nervous laugh "Hah. Yeah." >.>
    Aleck: "Before you told us the story I always kinda wondered if that was why you started wearing that..." Taps her fedora
    Jo: Snorts "No, but now that you mention it... It kinda helps. So win-win." Shrugs "I haven't actually sunburned in a while, but if I'm in the sun a lot my freckles all start popping up to say hello. Think that's my version of a tan, fuck knows."
    Aleck: "They're cute."
    Jo: Facepalms and mutters under her hand "Shut up, dork."

Awwwh! ^-^

That sounds like everyone I know who does writing commisions, tbh. :P

Bless every writer who works on commission, tho, srsly x3

Aleck: "That's true. Still, I like the cold."
    Jo: "Mhm. That's why your room is a freezer."

Alex: (waves an energy drink from under a pile of blankets) Sir, you scare me.

Q: Which of your talents would you say you're most proud of?
    Jake: Is this even a question at this point? Singing and guitar, hands down.
    Jenna: Okay, then, how about anything other than those two? Personally, I would go for learning. Or public speaking, that's a tough one.
    Jake: Of course you'd pick that... I guess mine then... doing footie or whatever parkour skills I still remember? Parkour shit was hard, mate.
    Shaan: Painting, here.
    Fallon: Oof. Gonnae have to say martial arts, that's a no-brainer.
    Alex: Uhhh, my high score on Zone Chronicles III?
    Shaan: (bemused smile) Not even your programming skills or super memory?
    Alex: Eidetic memory isn't a talent— well, I don't think it's one. And programming's just a thing all kids in my class got taught, it's not something I'm proud of.
    Izzy: Some day you're going to learn to take a compliment.
    Alex: What about you?
    Izzy: (looks away) I haven't decided yet.
    Alex: Mhmmmm...
    Izzy: I haven't!
    Alex: See? You feel my pain.
    Izzy: (mock muttering) Unfortunately.

Q: How are you with finding positives in yourself?

• @Blackbird

Aleck: "I didn't find anything that says people call making grass whistles 'grass blowing' so I guess that isn't a thing, then." He puts his phone away "And no. I would die. Anxiety would kill me." :|
    Jo: "Doesn't it already do that anyway?"
    Aleck: "Anxiety would kill me faster." >.>

Michael: nods I understand that. Also, are grass whistles a real thing? I've never actually seen anyone do it. :/

Nelly: raises brows Yes, it's real.

Michael: nods Cool. Good to know.

Jo & Aleck are so talented lol :P

@Shy_Not_Fly

Jenna: Considering it was the Ionian Islands in the middle of summer and Mum had warned him before we went out... he probably should've known better. Maybe he thought years of Army service made him immune?

I'm assuming they still have long-sleeved uniforms in the future, so that's actually kinda fair lol

The fact that sounds plausible makes me lowkey sad. I'm sure your commissions were wonderful, Rus.

Michael: Can vouch for that. raises hand

Rus: ^_^

Bless every writer who works on commission, tho, srsly x3

true lol

Izzy: (looks away) I haven't decided yet.

What things are you trying to decide between?

Q: Which of your talents would you say you're most proud of?

Rus: I can draw pretty well.

Nelly: I dunno :/

Benito: You speak like five languages.

Nelly: That's true.

Benito: You're very good at communicating with people, too.

Nelly: Not that great, but true.

Michael: I'm very talented at staying organized when everything is falling apart. nods

Benito: under breath are you? :/

Michael:

Benito:

Michael: I am. >.>

Q: How are you with finding positives in yourself?

Nelly: I'm not that great, but it's okay because Benito has a list in case I admit that out loud.

Benito: You have a lot. shrugs

Michael: I'm fine, I guess?

Rus: It depends on the day. Most days, not that good at it, but some days, really good at it. Today? Really good at it.

Benito: I like to think I have a balanced view of myself, in terms of seeing my negatives and positives.

Q: Milk or dark chocolate?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.