Character Respond, Answer, Ask (September Edition)

• Kinda failed on this last month and am late this month, but lo and behold I have remembered to post this! :)

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

Here's how it works: I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's a question: Q: Do you like your current profession?

• Hey, no worries about missing a month Typical, we'll just take it from the top ^_^

Q: Do you like your current profession?
    Jenna: I think like is a strong word for how we feel about our 'profession'.
    Jake: (drinking Red Bull) Amen to that. (looks at the can with confusion) Lex really likes this stuff, huh?
    Jenna: You don't like it, I'm guessing?
    Jake: I do, but I don't get how he gets so hype.
    Jenna: Jake...that's because caffeine doesn't work on you, remember?
    Jake: (looks at the can again) Ohhhhhh...

Nomad: I do, actually. I like being on the move and not needing to stay tied down to one place.
    Silver: Doesn't surprise me. I, on the other hand, have rather mixed feelings. (before Nomad can ask) They say being a royal is easy, but being in charge of an entire country is an immense responsibility. Being prepared to rule a country alone is a stressful business. (shrugs) I don't think I could, however, imagine myself doing anything else.
    Nomad: Fine by me. As long as I'm not the one in charge, I'm not bothered who's ruling. (at her raised eyebrow) As long as they're not an [expletive].

AU!Bella Swan: (raises an eyebrow at the sudden change of scenery) Uhm, profession? I don't have a job. (mentally) Unless we're talking about looking after Mom, but...no.

Q: It's been a while, folks. New month, new us. Do you make New Year's Resolutions or something similar? What's been one of the biggest you've ever made, and actually stuck to?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 ^_^

Jake: I do, but I don't get how he gets so hype.
    Jenna: Jake...that's because caffeine doesn't work on you, remember?
    Jake: (looks at the can again) Ohhhhhh...

me lol

AU!Bella Swan: (raises an eyebrow at the sudden change of scenery) Uhm, profession? I don't have a job. (mentally) Unless we're talking about looking after Mom, but...no.

what's wrong with the mom?

Okay, so, I'm gonna play here with the Earthlings cast, but also with a new cast bc I'm bored and you haven't met them and I might write with them a little in the near future, might not, idk. They're not new characters, by any means, but it's been a good while since I wrote anything substantial with any of them.

I'm gonna give a little introduction to two of the characters bc they have a history which is a li'l important if you want to understand how it effects their relationship/how others view them & their relationship.

First up is Ana, the queen of Provabia. She's been queen ~2yrs and it's a big deal. Not everyone is down with it.

Next up is Adrinne, he's the new king of Othornia. There's a LOT of (bad) rumors about the things he's done and at this point he doesn't really care enough anymore to deny them all. (not that he ever did but still lol)

Besides the fact that Provabia and Othornia have historically been rivals, there's a personal element between Ana & Adrinne. Adrinne and Ana's little sister, Edda, were married in an arranged marriage. Owing to the fact that there's a channel/sea, mountain range, a whole lotta land between the Othorn & Provabian capitals, and a basically non-existent mail system, Edda and Ana weren't able to communicate much.

This is all well and fine until rumors start flying in the Provabian court that Adrinne is a super controlling, abusive husband. Ana and Adrinne only meet once in the 4 years that Adrinne & Edda were married, at Ana's coronation, and though the interaction didn't go BADLY, and Edda didn't mention any wrongdoing, Ana didn't really like Adrinne still and a lot of people in general are at least suspicious of him bc of how he came into power.

So. Edda died suddenly a few months before I'm taking the characters from. Edda left a letter to Ana which implied that things weren't well with her, and whenever Ana went to the funeral, Adrinne didn't really give any explanation either, though he denies any abuse in the relationship.

Now, very recently, Ana has learned that Adrinne is already considering remarrying. There's a lot of details involved in that that aren't important rn, but it's definitely a big deal, at the very least to Ana, that Edda died relatively recently and he's already considering another wife.

and that's that for you. This is a common knowledge sort of thing and I felt like it'd be easier to get it all out of the way now so that you can understand where all the characters are getting their perspectives on these two from.

Q: Do you make New Year's Resolutions or something similar? What's been one of the biggest you've ever made, and actually stuck to?

Benito: I got sober. That wasn't a New Year's Resolution, but I stuck to it.

Nelly: Good job.

Benito: nods

Rus: I make a New Year's Resolution every year.

Michael: And?

Rus: I don't stick to them. Except the one I made in... a while ago. I don't say "fuck you" whenever something minorly inconveniences me anymore.

Michael: That's a good one.

Rus: Yeah. I do say it in my head sometimes, though. :|

Nelly: One time I made a resolution to be vegan, and I actually stuck to it.

Benito: For a day?

Nelly: Three weeks. pauses I really love dairy products. :/

Michael: That's fair. I once made basically a resolution to be less wasteful. I think it's working. I'm not always sure how to measure it.

--

Magnus: Why do you have to make a resolution at the new year?

Fisk: The new year is the worst possible time :/

Ana: I didn't even get buzzed during Enys this year :/

Fisk: trying to do the math on how that's possible

Magnus: Hm. That's... unfortunate.

Adrinne: You didn't try very hard, then. :/

Ana: I didn't really have a lot of time this year. Some of us had actual work to do.

Adrinne: No wonder no one likes you. No fun.

Ana: I am very fun, actually.

Adrinne: Not what I heard.

Magnus: I think my resolution for this year is to go new places.

Fisk: You did.

Magnus: More new places. All over the north. All the way to the northern coasts. I'm gonna explore everything.

Adrinne: The north is pretty. I'd live there if I could. :/

Magnus: That's too bad.

Enys is a five day celebration of the new year. A couple of the days are on the more serious side, but for the most part it's a five day, hardcore party w no rules.

Q: How do you usually spend your weekend?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Aleck: stares an uncomfortable amount "Do I... Do I know you? You look familiar." :|

Jo: "Dork..." Snorts a laugh

Aleck: "What?"

Jo: "You're being an unintentional creep again."

Aleck: "Oh. My apologies..." Mumbles "Swear she looks familiar though." >.>

@typical_demigod

Nelly: Three weeks. pauses I really love dairy products. :/

Me. >.>

Enys is a five day celebration of the new year. A couple of the days are on the more serious side, but for the most part it's a five day, hardcore party w no rules.

Well that answers my question. :P

Q: Do you like your current profession?

Aleck: "I'm currently in-between jobs. So, not really? I mean... I've been working on my music a little more but that's hardly a profession and... Well, the job I've had before was running a music shop and the job I'm applying to now is managing a hobby shop so... It's overall okay?"

Jo: "Did they call you back about that yet?"

Aleck: "No. But he said he wanted to hire me. I don't think you're supposed to say that to people unless you're at least considering them."

Jo: "Finger crossed then." She shrugs "My job's good. I like it most of the time."

Aleck: "She turned down a promotion."

Jo: "I don't want to be manager. I like tending the bar, okay?"

Aleck: "Jo, you already do half the stuff a manager's supposed to do. Just let Lex raise your pay."

Jo: Mutters "Oliver needs the money, he's got a kid."

Aleck: Sighs "Okay, fine. That's fair."

Q: It's been a while, folks. New month, new us. Do you make New Year's Resolutions or something similar? What's been one of the biggest you've ever made, and actually stuck to?

Aleck: "I don't do those. It's just setting myself up for a failure and then disappointment."

Jo: "Okay, you emo child. How about you just don't pressure yourself?"

Aleck: "Have you just met me?"

Jo: "...Okay, never mind." She shrugs "My resolution every year is to try and think more before I do things. Results are... Mixed."

Q: How do you usually spend your weekend?

Jo: "I work Saturday so... Sleep til two, shove some food in, shower, play a little guitar on the couch, go to work... Collapse in bed at two in the morning. Sunday is similar, except I don't work... So... Replace all the parts where I do things with more sleep. Although, sometimes I babysit Oliver's kid so he can have some alone time with the wife."

Aleck: "When I was working I'd usually take weekends to unwind and play some video games. But since I haven't in a few months it's been just... The same as every other day I guess."

Jo: "We lead incredibly boring lives, don't we?"

Aleck: "I'd expect it from me. You, not so much."

Jo: "I don't know why people think that, to be honest. I barely drink, I don't really go many places... I hang out at the Diner sometimes and at Sparrow on nights off and that's pretty much the most social life I have, really."

Aleck: "I think the difference is you'd have more of a social life if you wanted. Meanwhile, I still wouldn't because I'm made of awkward."

Jo: "True, I guess."

Q: How's your social life at the moment?

• @typical_demigod

what's wrong with the mom?

Basically, in this Twilight AU, I kinda skewed up backstories and stuff, particularly as far as Bella's concerned. Some time in her early to mid teens her mum gets into a car crash and becomes paralysed from the (is it hip or waist down? I'm too tired to check my notes, lol), and she essentially becomes Renée's carer for a couple years until she meets her future step-father. As you can imagine, for a teen that's a herculean task, and she ended up dropping out a little before high school. This explains why she moves to Forks in the AU, as it's a chance for her to get her diploma and lead a normal-ish life while not having to worry constantly about Renée.
    On a sidenote, I found it very interesting that when I went to look up 'young carers', almost all of the results were UK-centric; there's more young carers in the US (because America is huge, obviously) but there's not nearly the amount of information and support that we have here across the pond for people in that situation. Kinda sad, really, but very fascinating information.

waves at the new characters Hi! :D

reads through this character information Hoooooooooo BOI. Sounds like shit's just waiting to hit the fan there! :O

Rus: I make a New Year's Resolution every year.
    Michael: And?
    Rus: I don't stick to them. Except the one I made in... a while ago. I don't say "fuck you" whenever something minorly inconveniences me anymore.

If I weren't such a lazy arsehole who'd just finished 2/3 lots of homework, I'd possibly be going back through the past CRAAs to see if that's true xD

Magnus: More new places. All over the north. All the way to the northern coasts. I'm gonna explore everything.
    Adrinne: The north is pretty. I'd live there if I could. :/

Nomad: I'll nod back to what I said before about not sticking around, but definitely take the time to explore, Magnus. You'll find all sorts of things out there! (thumbs up)

Oooh, I do love a bit of festival lore ;D Especially the hardcore partying kind.

@Blackbird

Aleck: stares an uncomfortable amount "Do I... Do I know you? You look familiar." :|
    Jo: "Dork..." Snorts a laugh
    Jo: "You're being an unintentional creep again."
    Aleck: "Oh. My apologies..." Mumbles "Swear she looks familiar though." >.>

AU!Bella (I might start calling her auBella because I'm too lazy for exclamation marks right now xD): (frowns slightly) I don't think I know you, though. Unless you've been anywhere near Phoenix in the last few years?

Aleck: "She turned down a promotion."
    Jo: "I don't want to be manager. I like tending the bar, okay?"
    Aleck: "Jo, you already do half the stuff a manager's supposed to do. Just let Lex raise your pay."
    Jo: Mutters "Oliver needs the money, he's got a kid."
    Aleck: Sighs "Okay, fine. That's fair."

Alex: (peeks head around door) Say what about me now?

Seriously, though, bless you Jo. Have some 'much-needed-human-decency' cookies ^-^

Jake: (pointing at Jenna before she can answer) What social life?
    Jenna: (slaps some folders she was working on onto the coffee table) For god's sake, yes, I study a lot, but I'm not a bloody hermit! And I don't see you going out with mates at the moment, do you?
    Jake: (sulks)

Nomad: (raises an eyebrow) My social life isn't exactly my priority, so long as we're not talking about bantering and bartering.
    Silver: (mouths the last part in confusion) Mine's pretty decent. Speaking with members of the court, foreign courts and allies and the like. Speaking with the servants and maids, too, that's always nice.

auBella: It's...lively. Too lively.

(Since Bear Grylls is on TV right now) Q: What kind of (non-fantasy) adventures would you consider going on, if you aren't on one like that already? Eg. Climbing Mount Everest, deep sea diving, backpacking through the desert/rainforest, etc. etc.

• @Blackbird I love Jo tbh >.>

Aleck: "I don't do those. It's just setting myself up for a failure and then disappointment."
    Jo: "Okay, you emo child. How about you just don't pressure yourself?"
    Aleck: "Have you just met me?"

lol

Maybe you should try setting smaller goals?

Also Jo I think we all know the reason we don't expect a boring life from you >.>

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Ha, yeah, all forms of healthcare and support for anything related to health is either terrible, expensive, or some combo. headdesk

waves at the new characters Hi! :D

Ana: Hello. pauses Am I supposed to introduce us?

Magnus: sighs I'm Magnus. starts pointing Fisk, His Lord Adrinne, Her Lady Ana.

Ana: :|

Nomad: I'll nod back to what I said before about not sticking around, but definitely take the time to explore, Magnus. You'll find all sorts of things out there! (thumbs up)

Magnus: I'll keep that in mind. But yeah, it might be nice to do with the family.

Silver: (mouths the last part in confusion) Mine's pretty decent. Speaking with members of the court, foreign courts and allies and the like. Speaking with the servants and maids, too, that's always nice.

Ana: Hm. Some of the servants are nice, but the fact is, no one ever says what they think to your face. Your servants are always overly nice; the court says what they think you want to hear. It's difficult to find someone you can actually talk to.

Benito: I can't complain. shrugs

Nelly: I mean, same. I have a lot of friends to hang out with that don't mind that I don't want to go out every single night.

Michael: Sadly, I don't have one right now, but I'm working on it.

Rus: It's good. ^_^

--

Ana: Lacking. :|

Magnus: You can be dead.

Ana: sidelong look

Magnus: At this exact moment, also lacking, but I have a good social network, I think.

Fisk: My one down south came from my brother, so... :/

Ana: It's not worth your time to miss him. You weren't in town long enough to figure that out, but--

Magnus: I think he figured out his brother wasn't the idol of human goodness.

Fisk: ...

Adrinne: It's fine. I'm used to it.

Ana: I'm sure you are. >.>

Q: What kind of (non-fantasy) adventures would you consider going on, if you aren't on one like that already?

Fisk: Deep sea diving? O_O

Ana: What's a rainforest?

Magnus: Can you really get that deep into the sea? frowns

Adrinne: During whaling season.

Fisk: a bit pale Can we talk about something else? o.o

Ana: Just give it a break. glares at Fisk

Magnus: I just don't think anything involving the word 'sea', and especially involving 'deep sea', is ever going to be safe :/

Adrinne: You have to go with whalers.

Ana: And get murdered or enslaved? Yes, that's quite the plan.

Adrinne: You're thinking of pirates.

Ana: Same difference.

Adrinne: frowns; decides not to keep arguing

Fisk: I think going south for a while was enough of an adventure. I think I'll just stay up here for the rest of time.

Magnus: I understand where you're coming from. For me, I think I've said what I might like to do.

Ana: I might like to visit Craestan one day, whenever it settles down. See if the deserts are truly nice.

Adrinne: They're alright.

Ana: I didn't ask you. :|

Q: What's something you're scared of?

• @typical_demigod

Ha, yeah, all forms of healthcare and support for anything related to health is either terrible, expensive, or some combo. headdesk

gives America a hug

Magnus: I'll keep that in mind. But yeah, it might be nice to do with the family.

What's Magnus's family like? :o

Ana: Hm. Some of the servants are nice, but the fact is, no one ever says what they think to your face. Your servants are always overly nice; the court says what they think you want to hear. It's difficult to find someone you can actually talk to.

Silver: Regrettably, that's true. (under her breath) But it's not like I get to leave the grounds without a guard or five.
    Nomad: What?
    Silver: Just remembered something I need to sort out. Taxes.
    Nomad: (oblivious to the shitty lie) Okay, wake me when your existence becomes decidedly less boring, m'lady.
    Silver: (glares)

Michael: Sadly, I don't have one right now, but I'm working on it.

ripperoni m'dude, lol

I take it there is/was something going on with Fisk's brother?

Fisk: Deep sea diving? O_O
    Ana: What's a rainforest?
    Magnus: Can you really get that deep into the sea? frowns

Gosh, all these questions at once xD counts off questions with fingers Yes. It's a forest but rainier and far more humid; and there's snakes, usually (I take it you guys don't live too close to the equator?). And it depends on where, but yes.

Ana: I might like to visit Craestan one day, whenever it settles down. See if the deserts are truly nice.

Nomad: Deserts are good (nod nod).
    Izzy: (hopping in) Plus they're an 's' away from dessert, which is also good! (thumbs up)
    Silver: (startled) ????? Who are you?????
    Izzy: I am...very hungry. Excuse me, Your Highness—I mean, Majesty—I mean, H... (sheepish) I'm just going to find my pumpkin pie and leave you guys alone :3
    Silver: Yes...You...do that??? (as Izzy bounces out of the room) Nomad, who the fuck was that? Is she a friend of yours?
    Nomad: (shrugs)
    Silver: ???
    Nomad: (shrugs again, this time far more nonchalant than before, and goes back to reading a newspaper)
    Silver: I swear to the high heavens, this thread is going to be the death of me.

Jenna: Spiders.
    Jake: Come on, that's such a shit answer. We both know you're scared of worse.
    Jenna: The question didn't specify the things I'm most scared of, only that I answer with something, so. Spiders.
    Jake: So you can handle snakes and lizards, but not spiders?
    Jenna: What about you?
    Jake: (pulls a face) Only if it isn't poisonous.
    Jenna: :P Chicken. But I was asking about the original question.
    Jake: I guess...no, it's already happened, I don't think I'm 'scared' by that anymore. Death. I think most people are scared of that, but fuck it, that's my answer.
    Jenna: (shrugs) It's a fair response.

Nomad: Does anyone ever give a true, deep answer to a question like this?
    Silver: I have. It's failure in the face of heavy expectations.
    Nomad: To borrow an other-world word...Yikes.

auBella: I think I'm scared of a lot of things. There's the obvious, my mom's condition getting worse. Charlie getting hurt on the job. Dying. Losing myself... Actually, the thing I'm most scared by is the thought I'll never find out who I am. I'm never going to figure out what I want to do with my life or who I want to be. (pauses) I'm stopping there, I think you get the idea.

Q: How comfortable are you discussing yourself on a personal level with others in general?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

What's Magnus's family like? :o

A pregnant wife :)

Silver: Regrettably, that's true. (under her breath) But it's not like I get to leave the grounds without a guard or five.

Ana: This is also true :/ It takes a lot of work to get anywhere.

I take it there is/was something going on with Fisk's brother?

The most important thing to be aware of with Fisk's brother is that the brother's wife shot him. Brother sooooorta left him wherever he got shot even tho it was likely he'd die. :P

Gosh, all these questions at once xD counts off questions with fingers Yes. It's a forest but rainier and far more humid; and there's snakes, usually (I take it you guys don't live too close to the equator?). And it depends on where, but yes.

Fisk: I always wanted a pet snake. :/

Ana: What's an equator?

Magnus: That sounds like a terrible place.

They have temperate forests and that's the closest they get to warm places tbh. Technically there is a desert, but that's more due to how ancient inhabitants maintained the land than anything.

Well, there's also tundra, which is also technically a desert, but :P

I love Izzy :D

Jenna: The question didn't specify the things I'm most scared of, only that I answer with something, so. Spiders.

Yeah, cuz if I did that, no one would answer it anyway lol

Silver: I have. It's failure in the face of heavy expectations.

pats I believe in you.

Q: How comfortable are you discussing yourself on a personal level with others in general?

Rus: I usually avoid talking about myself with people.

Michael: Yeah, it's annoying :|

Rus: Sorry? >.>

Michael: I dunno. You can't get to know someone if you don't talk about yourself, but I think it just depends on the person with how open I'll be. :P

Benito: I don't give a shit. I respect professional boundaries or things like that, but otherwise...

Nelly: Hm. I wish I could not care.

Benito: shrugs It's not for everyone.

--

Fisk: I think sometimes I'm a little too open >.<

Ana: snorts You hardly talk.

Fisk: You don't like listening.

Ana: You're rude.

Fisk: shrugs

Magnus: I think you're an appropriate amount of open, from our conversations.

Fisk: That's good.

Adrinne: I try not to talk to people. Sadly, I have to. Because I'm a king. :/

Ana: You should've left your brothers alive.

Adrinne: I don't think I control that.

Ana: If you're the one who poisoned them, then yes, you do.

Adrinne: I wouldn't poison my younger brother. I liked talking to him.

Ana: But you'd poison Tyrone?

Adrinne: No.

Ana: Mmhm. As for me, I'm comfortable enough with it.

Q: Is there anyone you greatly dislike, or maybe even hate?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

AU!Bella (I might start calling her auBella because I'm too lazy for exclamation marks right now xD): (frowns slightly) I don't think I know you, though. Unless you've been anywhere near Phoenix in the last few years?

Aleck: "No. Born and raised in 'generic small town, USA'. Never really strayed too far." shrugs "I dunno, maybe I'm thinking of some movie I watched or some book I read."

Jo: "That sounds more plausible than you meeting actual people, to be perfectly honest."

Aleck: "...True." >.>

(Honestly, I just couldn't let slip the fact that these guys exist in a universe where Twilight is an actual work of fiction. And that Aleck was forcefully exposed to it by his ex in multiple ways. :P)

Alex: (peeks head around door) Say what about me now?

Jo: "We didn't?"

Aleck: "Lex is my sister's boss."

Jo: "Her." points

Alexis: Waves "What the hell am I doing here? I have a million things to do right now."

Jo: "Just play along and don't question it, Boss." >.>

Alexis: "Uhm...Okay?" o_o

Seriously, though, bless you Jo. Have some 'much-needed-human-decency' cookies ^-^

Jo: "Oh. Thank you. Human decency cookies are best cookies." thumbs up

Jake: (pointing at Jenna before she can answer) What social life?
    Jenna: (slaps some folders she was working on onto the coffee table) For god's sake, yes, I study a lot, but I'm not a bloody hermit! And I don't see you going out with mates at the moment, do you?
    Jake: (sulks)

Aleck: "That sounds awfully like us in high school."

Jo: "Yeah, but hopefully happier." :P

Aleck: "Also, I kinda was a hermit. Or I would've been if you'd let me."

Jo: "Pft. Nope. If I had to suffer putting up with people, I was gonna take you
    with me." :|

Aleck: "Fair." shrugs

auBella: It's...lively. Too lively.

Jo: "How lively is too lively I wonder?"

Aleck: "Personally I'd consider being pantsed in the middle of a bar too lively."

Jo: "I think anyone would consider that too much, dork."

Aleck: "I dunno. There are weirdos out there."

Jo: Snort "True."

Jenna: Spiders.

Jo: "I take it you wouldn't like to meet Lilith, then?" ^.-

Aleck: "Geez, I wonder if someone who says they're scared of spiders would like to meet your giant tarantula, Joanne."

Jo: "Would you kindly take that snark of yours and shov-..."

Ooookay, let's take a break you two. :|

Jo: "He started it." :|

Aleck: "I was just pointing out that you asked a stupid question."

Jo: "Look, sometimes people are scared of spiders because they just don't understand them. I'm just trying to be helpful, dork." >.>

(Honestly, while researching tarantulas and tarantula care for writing Jo I found this article saying that getting a tarantula is a good way to work out your fear of spiders and HA. HA. No, it's not. Whoever wrote that is a moron.)

auBella: I think I'm scared of a lot of things. There's the obvious, my mom's condition getting worse. Charlie getting hurt on the job. Dying. Losing myself... Actually, the thing I'm most scared by is the thought I'll never find out who I am. I'm never going to figure out what I want to do with my life or who I want to be. (pauses) I'm stopping there, I think you get the idea.

Aleck: "Oh hey, you're scared of Charlie getting hurt too."

Jo: "It's not the same Charlie, Aleck. Now you're just trying to annoy me."

Aleck: "Maybe." After a pause "Okay, probably." :P

Jo: Punches her brother in the arm, hard "On a serious note... Honestly, I think everyone's scared of that. And I'd like to be that person who says shit like 'oh, it gets better', but... That's not my personal experience, so... Good luck there, kiddo. You're gonna need it."

@typical_demigod

Also Jo I think we all know the reason we don't expect a boring life from you >.>

Jo: "We do?"

Aleck: "We do." nods

Jo: "A'right. Guess we do then." confused silence

Jo: "That's what brothers are good for. You can count on them to straight up say you're being a bitch when you're straight up being a bitch."

Aleck: "You're welcome." thumbs up

Aw. :)

Jo: "Me too. Though I don't think I can accommodate one in my room right now sadly."

Aleck: "Why don't you ever want normal pets?"

Jo: "They're boring." Shrugs "What's interesting about having a dog? I mean, they're cute and you can play with them, yeah, but it's just a dog."

Aleck: "I don't think you and I have the same motivations for wanting a pet."

Jo: "Guess not."

Q: What kind of (non-fantasy) adventures would you consider going on, if you aren't on one like that already? Eg. Climbing Mount Everest, deep sea diving, backpacking through the desert/rainforest, etc. etc.

Jo: "I want to swim with sharks!"

Aleck: "Why do you have a death wish?" :|

Jo: "It's perfectly safe, dork. Jeez." >.>

Aleck: "Sharks aren't safe. If sharks were safe they wouldn't put you in a metal cage to 'swim' with them."

Jo: "I'm not going in a cage."

Jo: "I'm swimming with the sharks, dork."

Aleck: Makes a choking sound "WHAT?"

Jo: "Don't have a stroke, Aleck. It's fine. I looked into it."

Aleck: "I'm not letting you do that."

Jo: Sighs "Yes you are. I'm an adult. You can't stop me."

Aleck: "I'm not letting you do that!"

Jo: Mutters "Fucks sake."

Aleck: :|

Jo: "Answer the question, dork."

Aleck: "I don't know. Maybe... Maybe I'd want to go to Ireland. Dad wanted to take us, remember?"

Jo: "Mhm. Yeah. I remember."

Jo: "Losing people. Again. I guess."

Aleck: "I was gonna say roaches, but now that sounds like a weak answer." :/

Jo: "That's... Probably a better answer. No one needs to be depressed." >.>

Aleck: "I'm rarely comfortable with people in general in most situations." Shrug

Jo: "I'm fine being open with people if I know they actually give a shit and aren't just prying for the sake of it. Otherwise, no. It's my business. Thank you."

Q: Is there anyone you greatly dislike, or maybe even hate?

Jo: "There are a handful of people that I hate, yes."

Aleck: "Hannah."

Jo: "Wow."

Aleck: "What? She shot me. Not to mention everything before that."

Jo: "I know. I just really didn't expect you to admit it. Therapy is really working out, huh?"

Aleck: Shrugs "I guess."

Jo: "What about the shit-weasel? Hazel's ex. What's his name again?"

Aleck: "Jason. Yeah. I definitely hate him. I might end up breaking his neck one day."

Jo: "You know she won't be happy if you do that."

Aleck: "I know." :|

Q: Did you ever do something you knew you shouldn't be doing?

• @typical_demigod

Awww! And congratulations to the both of you ^-^

Wow, Fisk's bro is a dick.

The Twins: (fire up the Anti-Shitlings cannon, which is basically the both of them putting their fists together ready to punch someone in the face)
    Jake: Say no more, fam, we got you.

Jenna: Yes! Snakes are wonderful! :D
    Jake: Oh, fuck, here we go.
    Jenna: Shut up, malákas. If I had a pet snake, it would be a ball python. Don't need a huge tank, very docile so it's perfect for handling, and they live for a long time. (grins) I haven't decided on names yet, but I'm thinking something suitably smart, like Aristotle, or Maximus Decimus Meridius. (pause) Max for short.
    Jake: (sighs) Kaká. (louder) O' Great Snake Lady, do tell us more about the balls and pythons (;
    Jenna: Jacob Fox, you will shut your dirty mouth and stop dicking around :P

pats I believe in you.

Silver: (takes the pats with extreme confusion) Thank you?

Ana: You should've left your brothers alive.
    Adrinne: I don't think I control that.
    Ana: If you're the one who poisoned them, then yes, you do.
    Adrinne: I wouldn't poison my younger brother. I liked talking to him.
    Ana: But you'd poison Tyrone?
    Adrinne: No.

Hmmmmmmmmm, what's the story here in Balamory? :P

@Blackbird

(Honestly, I just couldn't let slip the fact that these guys exist in a universe where Twilight is an actual work of fiction. And that Aleck was forcefully exposed to it by his ex in multiple ways. :P)

In a moment of potential foreshadowing, this reminded me of the time where our characters became aware of the Fourth Wall mid-thread and subsequently lost their minds. Fun times thumbs up

Such a shame I don't have more opportunities to make human-decency cookies shrug

Aleck: "That sounds awfully like us in high school."
    Jo: "Yeah, but hopefully happier." :P
    Aleck: "Also, I kinda was a hermit. Or I would've been if you'd let me."
    Jo: "Pft. Nope. If I had to suffer putting up with people, I was gonna take you
    with me." :|
    Aleck: "Fair." shrugs

Jake: I have a social life, I swear!
    Jenna: ...Just not right now.

Jo: "How lively is too lively I wonder?"

auBella: (counts on her fingers) Five people, Charlie and Mom and Phil notwithstanding. For the record, before moving to Forks that number was zero.

Jo: "I take it you wouldn't like to meet Lilith, then?" ^.-

Jenna: (leans away very slowly) I wouldn't, but I appreciate the offer.

Jo: Punches her brother in the arm, hard "On a serious note... Honestly, I think everyone's scared of that. And I'd like to be that person who says shit like 'oh, it gets better', but... That's not my personal experience, so... Good luck there, kiddo. You're gonna need it."

auBella: Thanks, Jo. With my luck, I need as much as I can get :3

Jo: "That's what brothers are good for. You can count on them to straight up say you're being a bitch when you're straight up being a bitch."

Jenna: Good to know My Little Brother [tm] is working as manufactured.
    Jake: (grins and thumbs up) You're welcome, bitch! :D

Jo talking about swimming with sharks is such a goddamn mood and I love her for it!

Aleck: "Hannah."
    Jo: "Wow."
    Aleck: "What? She shot me. Not to mention everything before that."

God, first Fisk and now you... I reckon the twins' Anti-Shitling cannon can be repurposed for shitty people in general attempted to type :ok_hand: but realised this isn't discord
    I don't know who Jason is, but may he be slapped in face with a rotten fish.

Jenna: (points to Jake without any further comment)
    Jake: Wow.
    Jenna: Jake, let's be real. If either of us is going to have an answer to this question, it's you.
    Jake: Wow. (pause) Okay, yeah, fine. I've done that before, y'know, like sneaking around and pushing teachers' buttons and shit.
    Jenna: (filing her nails) Mhmmmm...
    Jake: (narrows gaze) Okay, fine, there was this one time where Harish and I stayed at school overnight—
    Jenna: —There we go—
    Jake:Thank you, Jen. And yeah, we basically got away with it except for the part where our mums phoned each other to ask how the 'sleepover' was going.
    Jenna: Which means you didn't get away with it, you moron.
    Jake: (flips her off) School never found out, though.
    Jenna: Because Mum made you both sign an Agreement to 'never do anything as stupid as that again'.
    Jake: I've kept to that promise, actually.
    Jenna: How?
    Jake: I haven't done anything as stupid as that, because I've done stupider stuff since then. Barehanded knife-fight with electricity, anyone?
    Jenna: (buries face in hands)

auBella: (sheepishly) I, uhm, I've driven without a licence and insurance enough times that I should be banned, but I had my reasons. Mom can't drive, and this was before we had Phil in our lives, so...sometimes I had to borrow the car :3

(I would answer it from Silver and Nomad's POVs, but they haven't been fleshed out enough for me to be able to answer :P)

Q: What's the most illegal/legally dubious thing you've ever done?

• @Blackbird

Ooookay, let's take a break you two. :|
    Jo: "He started it." :|

Aleck: "Oh hey, you're scared of Charlie getting hurt too."
    Jo: "It's not the same Charlie, Aleck. Now you're just trying to annoy me."
    Aleck: "Maybe." After a pause "Okay, probably." :P

pair of five year olds over here

Ana: Well, I never had a brother, so I'll take your word for it.

Fisk: Brothers are annoying. :|

Ana: I'm not taking that word. I loved my sister.

Fisk: Sisters are different. shrugs

Magnus: My sister is frustrating, honestly. :/

Fisk: Mine was good. My mom was always ill.

Magnus: So was mine. Ha.

Fisk: nods

Jo: "They're boring." Shrugs "What's interesting about having a dog? I mean, they're cute and you can play with them, yeah, but it's just a dog."

Fisk: My dog and I take offense to that.

Magnus: I thought yours was dead.

Fisk:

Magnus: And possibly a wolf.

Fisk: She may've been. She... she definitely wasn't a regular dog. We should not have raised that dog. :|

Jo: "That's... Probably a better answer. No one needs to be depressed." >.>

Yeah geez. Gosh Jo. You buzzkill.

Aleck: "I'm rarely comfortable with people in general in most situations." Shrug

Adrinne: nods sympathetically

fuck hannah & jason :|

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Awww! And congratulations to the both of you ^-^

Magnus: Thank you! ^_^

Wow, Fisk's bro is a dick.
    The Twins: (fire up the Anti-Shitlings cannon, which is basically the both of them putting their fists together ready to punch someone in the face)
    Jake: Say no more, fam, we got you.

Fisk: I mean... he's not.. it's... well... maybe sometimes. At least don't kill him, please. :/

he has... very confused feelings about the whole thing still lol

Jake: Oh, fuck, here we go.
    Jenna: Shut up, malákas. If I had a pet snake, it would be a ball python. Don't need a huge tank, very docile so it's perfect for handling, and they live for a long time. (grins) I haven't decided on names yet, but I'm thinking something suitably smart, like Aristotle, or Maximus Decimus Meridius. (pause) Max for short.
    Jake: (sighs) Kaká. (louder) O' Great Snake Lady, do tell us more about the balls and pythons (;
    Jenna: Jacob Fox, you will shut your dirty mouth and stop dicking around :P

Fisk: I think I'd name mine Kit. Because a certain friend of mine would be-- looks at Ana

Ana: Why would naming it Kit affect me?

Fisk: What? No, I was thinking how you'd react if I curse.

Ana: rolls eyes

Hmmmmmmmmm, what's the story here in Balamory? :P

Ana: I've never heard of Balamory...? Anyway, the story is he killed his older brother to be a king.

Adrinne: I didn't.

Ana: There's no proof you didn't.

Adrinne: Well, I didn't. :|

Ana: Don't trust him. :|

Jenna: Good to know My Little Brother [tm] is working as manufactured.
    Jake: (grins and thumbs up) You're welcome, bitch! :D

Ana: I'm taking their word for brothers over yours, too.

Fisk: They aren't like that in private.

Ana: Yours did shoot you.

Fisk: That's not...?

Adrinne: My younger brother was like that. :)

Ana: Oh well. No chance for a brother, now. shrugs

Jake: I haven't done anything as stupid as that, because I've done stupider stuff since then. Barehanded knife-fight with electricity, anyone?

hm. how does that work, then? cuz it seems like a recipe for electrocution to me.

auBella: (sheepishly) I, uhm, I've driven without a licence and insurance enough times that I should be banned, but I had my reasons. Mom can't drive, and this was before we had Phil in our lives, so...sometimes I had to borrow the car :3

I've known so many people who didn't have their license but would still drive :P

Ana: No.

Fisk: That's a lie and you know it.

Ana: Is it?

Magnus: Sure. Me and a friend got high in the boss's room when he was out and smoked it all up. Still smells in there.

Fisk: snorts

Adrinne: When I was a kid, I used to steal my father's slippers and leave them in the rain, or the ocean. Or the lake, depending where we were. Or the snow, depending how late in the season we were by the lake. He never knew it was me.

Magnus: ...Why?

Adrinne: Then he'd have to walk on the cold floor.

Fisk: Hm. Well, I'm sure I do a lot of things everyday even though I know I shouldn't be.

Fisk: I think I got someone executed.

Magnus: If they were executed, then they were already doing unsavory things, no?

Fisk: He sold opium. I made up some things so the authorities would actually go pick him up. I didn't know him well enough to tell if he actually did anything more than sell it, but he deserved it.

Magnus: I'll... take your word for it.

Fisk: I also have done some illegal substances, but that's less relevant. >.>

Adrinne: You should've opened with that. It's more acceptable than possible murder.

Ana: You're one to talk.

Fisk: He was basically a murderer, himself, so he deserved it.

Magnus: Maybe, if he was shoving it down people's throats, but I doubt that.

Fisk: People wouldn't be able to buy it if he wasn't selling it.

Ana: There's always someone else.

Fisk: glares Maybe if your fucking government actually did something about it there wouldn't be.

Ana: You may have noticed that I have larger issues at hand.

Fisk: You weren't doing shit about it before, either.

Magnus: I think everybody needs to take a breath-

Fisk: walks out

Ana: ...well, then. That was mature.

Adrinne: It's true.

Ana: Yes, I'm sure you're very educated about this topic.

Adrinne: Most of our drugs come up through the Province.

Ana: deep sigh Yes, I get it. When I have less pressing matters, I'll think about it, alright? Does that satisfy everyone?

Q: What's a topic on which you're very opinionated?

• Guess who's back for a limited time? this gal. Hopefully I can keep up these but no promises

@typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (September Edition):

Adrinne: When I was a kid, I used to steal my father's slippers and leave them in the rain, or the ocean. Or the lake, depending where we were. Or the snow, depending how late in the season we were by the lake. He never knew it was me.
    Magnus: ...Why?
    Adrinne: Then he'd have to walk on the cold floor.

Sabine: "Ouch, that's harsh."
    Rachel: "For all you know, he deserved it."
    Sabine: "I mean, fair point."
    Delilah: "You must've been pretty sneaky to never get caught."

Sabine: "Being open and inclusive to diversity and new things. Or at the very least, not acting like anything not in the norm will kill you if you don't immediately burn it. I get so sick of people giving into their fear of the unknown instead of trying to learn more. Even if it's an initially fearsome-seeming thing, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll hurt you. Or it might. But actually take the time to learn about it before you get the torches and pitchforks!"

Rachel: "...honestly I'm not really sure."

Sabine: "Really? You talk pretty confident to not have any idea what to say here."

Rachel: "I talk about things I know, like being hungry and poor and cold. But "I'm hungry" or "I'm poor" aren't exactly things to be opinionated about, they're just statements. I wouldn't know how to start forming them into topics to feel strongly about. I'm thirteen, give me a break."

Delilah: "Children should be protected. At all costs. They never asked to be brought into this world, so to allow them to suffer if there's anything you can do to stop it is just wrong. Kids are innocent until the world arounds them takes that away from them. They can be annoying sometimes, sure, but they're kids. Take a step back and realize that's just how they are, and you shouldn't hold a grudge for it."

Sabine: "...are my parents going to hear about this? Because if so, I'm only using stories they already know. Just making sure."

Rachel: "Yeah, I have. What of it? Sometimes a person has to do things they don't want to do, or shouldn't do, to survive. I'm not really a fan of stealing, but if I'm hungry and I don't have any cash, it's my best option."

Sabine: "Rachel, you're thirteen. You could go to the temple, they'd-"

Rachel: "I'm not a charity case, and I don't trust the temple, anyways. Too many people hiding behind the Goddess and pretending to be holy and perfect for my liking. Gold masks hide rotten smiles."

Sabine: ...exhasperated noise.

Delilah: "Several times. Again and again, to ensure my safety and that of my siblings. I hated it every time...but if it came down to it, and I had no other options...I'd do it again. I don't want to do such horrible things. But when I have no other choice, I do it to protect those I love."

Q: What is your worst nightmare? Real or imagined?

• @typical_demigod proceeds to dust off the mobile 'reply' which was me mid-way through explaining that this was going to be a shorter post but it doesn't matter now because I'm back on my laptop .-.
    Aaaaanyway

Fisk: I mean... he's not.. it's... well... maybe sometimes. At least don't kill him, please. :/
    he has... very confused feelings about the whole thing still lol

The Twins: (lower the Anti-Shitlings cannon)
    Jake: Okay, but if/when /regardless of whether you decide you don't like that shit, we got you! (thumbs up)

Ana: I've never heard of Balamory...? Anyway, the story is he killed his older brother to be a king.
    Adrinne: I didn't.
    Ana: There's no proof you didn't.
    Adrinne: Well, I didn't. :|
    Ana: Don't trust him. :|

Silver: (raises eyebrow) Well, setting aside whether that's the truth or not, I would also like to know what Balamory is?
    sigh It's from a children's TV show in Britain.
    Silver: Ah, good, thank you for the clarification. I thought you were talking about Balamors and I was confused.
    Nomad: Talking about what.
    Silver: (pulls up the laptop from underneath the coffee table) I, ah, may have been perusing the 'inter-net' regarding a game I spotted while...what do you digital-era people call it? Surfing?
    Nomad: (starts reading what turns out to be the FFXI wiki page for Balamor) This is...unusual.
    Silver: It's intriguing. Fictional, but intriguing.
    Nomad: (reads again) Hmm...

Hooooo boy, all this illegal shit. And Fisk, my dude...hoooooooooooooo.

@Obsidi0nAngel Nice to see ya back, amiga, don't worry about keeping them up! it's nice to see your characters again ^-^

Sabine: "Being open and inclusive to diversity and new things. Or at the very least, not acting like anything not in the norm will kill you if you don't immediately burn it. I get so sick of people giving into their fear of the unknown instead of trying to learn more. Even if it's an initially fearsome-seeming thing, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll hurt you. Or it might. But actually take the time to learn about it before you get the torches and pitchforks!"

Jenna: Amen to that...(mumbles) she says, mid-war with aliens.
    Jake: Well, we do know it's only some shitty little hate group and not the entire species, so there's that.

Delilah: "Children should be protected. At all costs.["]

Can we get another amen here? We need another amen!

Jake: Out. Of tune. Guitars. (shudders) Or Jenna's handwriting.
    Jenna: (rolls eyes) One time I dreamt I was tied to the train tracks at Kilburn Park, and long story short I was watching myself get torn and sliced apart while screaming for help. Not too scary in retrospect, but I woke up sweating afterwards.

Nomad: Probably getting swallowed up in a sandstorm. They say that becoming swept up in one eventually takes you to the afterlife, turning you into a desert demon because of the unjust death.
    Silver: It's not my personal belief, but gods. That does not sound like a nice way to go.
    Nomad: It really isn't. Why do you think the wind howls?
    Silver: o-o We believe it's the echoes of our tormented ancestors, come back to warn us of impending disasters or omens.
    Nomad: General rule of thumb around here—if it's bad, it's usually caused by a demonic spirit of some kind. Most of the faiths in this kingdom seem to agree on that, at least.
    Silver: (thinks) Interesting, I shall endeavour to do some research.

auBella: Blood. I can't stand blood. Nightmares, broken bones, papercuts, any of them. Definitely not my own.

Q: What's the one injury you'd hate to have under any circumstances (eg. stabbed in the eye; papercuts; fingers trapped in the car door; the following video:)?

• @Obsidi0nAngel hey!!! waves :D

Sabine: "Ouch, that's harsh."
    Rachel: "For all you know, he deserved it."
    Sabine: "I mean, fair point."
    Delilah: "You must've been pretty sneaky to never get caught."

Adrinne: shrugs No one really bothered me, growing up. Especially not my father.

Rachel: "I'm not a charity case, and I don't trust the temple, anyways. Too many people hiding behind the Goddess and pretending to be holy and perfect for my liking. Gold masks hide rotten smiles."

Ana: It's the same here.

Fisk: Sometimes. Not always.

Magnus: For the most part. shrugs

Fisk: I'd... :/

Delilah: "Several times. Again and again, to ensure my safety and that of my siblings. I hated it every time...but if it came down to it, and I had no other options...I'd do it again. I don't want to do such horrible things. But when I have no other choice, I do it to protect those I love."

so... does she have different horrible parents, or was the one god dude who needs to die her father? trying not to be too specific bc i don't want to spoil anything and also bc I don't remember his name (abigore... maybe...?) but yeah. :|

@Shy_Not_Fly17

The Twins: (lower the Anti-Shitlings cannon)
    Jake: Okay, but if/when /regardless of whether you decide you don't like that shit, we got you! (thumbs up)

Fisk: I'll keep that in mind. :|

Silver: (raises eyebrow) Well, setting aside whether that's the truth or not, I would also like to know what Balamory is?
    sigh It's from a children's TV show in Britain.

Ana: Hm. Interesting.

Hooooo boy, all this illegal shit. And Fisk, my dude...hoooooooooooooo.

Fisk: >.>

Can we get another amen here? We need another amen!

inserts another amen

Nomad: Probably getting swallowed up in a sandstorm. They say that becoming swept up in one eventually takes you to the afterlife, turning you into a desert demon because of the unjust death.
    Silver: It's not my personal belief, but gods. That does not sound like a nice way to go.
    Nomad: It really isn't. Why do you think the wind howls?
    Silver: o-o We believe it's the echoes of our tormented ancestors, come back to warn us of impending disasters or omens.
    Nomad: General rule of thumb around here—if it's bad, it's usually caused by a demonic spirit of some kind. Most of the faiths in this kingdom seem to agree on that, at least.
    Silver: (thinks) Interesting, I shall endeavour to do some research.

Adrinne: I've never heard any of this about wind, but it makes sense.

Fisk: Hm. Yeah. And yeah, it's the same here. Not... a demonic spirit, but a malevolent spirit, yeah. They get frustrated with endless wandering, and turn... well, malevolent.

Magnus: I'm not the most religious person here, but burial.

Ana: Burial.

Fisk: Definitely. Or my body being lost, too. Don't like the idea of that, either.

Adrinne: long pause I suppose burial, then.

If you're buried, then your spirit is trapped to your body for as long as it takes to completely decompose (so until there's not even a bone fragment left). Then your spirit is sorta just gone. It's the same situation if your body isn't given a proper funeral. So, if you're a sailor, you better not die at sea, for example.

Q: What's the one injury you'd hate to have under any circumstances (eg. stabbed in the eye; papercuts; fingers trapped in the car door; the following video:)?

Magnus: The... 'video'... seems more like a curse than a singular injury :/

Ana: Good, it's impossible, then.

Fisk: Why did no one try to help him? He was clearly in cities.

Magnus: Maybe they thought it was a joke.

Fisk: :/

Adrinne: I hate getting burned.

Magnus: Does it happen often?

Adrinne: No, but it's no fun when it does.

Magnus: That's fair. Hm. Never been stabbed in the eye, but I imagine that's painful. Never really had a papercut, either, but I've heard a few complaints on those.

Fisk: Once I had a cut and then juice splashed on it. That's definitely the worst.

Ana: I hate bruises.

Magnus: Maybe a broken bone. That's pretty painful. Especially if it doesn't set right. I've never had to deal with that, but I've seen it happen and it's not great.

Ana: But you've broken bones?

Magnus: nods Got my arm twisted so far back my arm broke. Got my collarbone broke, too. And one time, when I was seven or eight, I was playing with my best friend at the time, and I fell out of a tree and broke my leg. pauses I think I'm forgetting one, but you get the idea.

**Q: Have you ever broken any bones?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jo: points This kid. She gets it." >.>

Aleck: cough "Nerd." cough

Jo: "Once you memorize fuck knows how many moons of Saturn you have NO grounds to call someone a nerd, you gigantic dork." :|

Aleck: "So defensive." :)

Jo: "You wipe that smirk before I do it for you." :|

Aleck: :D

Jo: Mutters "Freaking dork." >.>

I don't know who Jason is, but may he be slapped in face with a rotten fish.

Amber: :D

No. Just no. You go back to your corner of the multiverse right now!

Amber: "But I have the fish already! Just let me..."

No.

Amber: "You're absolutely no fun." =.=

Actual quote from Shadows of The Forgotten regarding someone trying to break into the Manor (the Order's base of operations):

The guy said he just blinked and all of a sudden he was somewhere else entirely. He described it as a pitch black room, where ‘someone with the voice of a little girl’ interrogated him with nonsensical questions and then proceeded to slap him in the face with a dead fish when he got the answers wrong.

Just to illustrate the fact that, yes, Amber has done this kind of shit before. :P

Jenna: (points to Jake without any further comment)

Jo: "Kid... If someone asks if you've done something you shouldn't have. Don't immediately point at your brother. That could be taken in ways you probably don't want it taken." :|

Jake: I haven't done anything as stupid as that, because I've done stupider stuff since then.

Aleck: "Sounds familiar."

Jo: >.>

Jake: Out. Of tune. Guitars.

Jo: "Oh, God." After a pause "Pianos are worse. And they're harder to tune."

Aleck: "Out of tune instruments aren't the end of the w-"

Jo: "Look, dork, I don't ask for much. I just want shit to be in-key, alright?"

Aleck: Hold his hands up "Alright. Sure. Jesus fucking Christ."

@typical_demigod

Fisk: My dog and I take offense to that.

Jo: "You do what you gotta do." shrugs

Yeah geez. Gosh Jo. You buzzkill.

Jo: Thank you. That was clearly necessary. :|

Fisk: He sold opium. I made up some things so the authorities would actually go pick him up. I didn't know him well enough to tell if he actually did anything more than sell it, but he deserved it.

Jo: "Deserved."

Aleck: "I dunno... Execution is kinda harsh?"

Jo: "I don't think so."

Aleck: "I... Hm... Okay." :|

If you're buried, then your spirit is trapped to your body for as long as it takes to completely decompose (so until there's not even a bone fragment left). Then your spirit is sorta just gone. It's the same situation if your body isn't given a proper funeral. So, if you're a sailor, you better not die at sea, for example.

That sounds pretty unpleasant. Wow. :|

@Obsidi0nAngel

Hey, you! You were missed, my dude. :D

Rachel: "Yeah, I have. What of it? Sometimes a person has to do things they don't want to do, or shouldn't do, to survive. I'm not really a fan of stealing, but if I'm hungry and I don't have any cash, it's my best option."

Jo: "Been there. Done that. And then some." >.>

Aleck: "You starved?"

Jo: "A little. Sometimes." Sigh "I didn't join Ajax because I thought it'd be fun, dork. I did it because it was a way out."

Aleck: "And coming home wasn't?"

Jo: "It wasn't that simple."

Aleck: "If you said something I would've..."

Jo: "I know you would. That's why I didn't." Rubs temples "It's pointless to go on about it now, okay? I made it through. We're sorta okay now. Let's just not dwell on it."

Aleck: "Okay. Fine."

Jo: "Ha. Oh boy. There's... There's quite a bit to choose from. I think the most illegal was intentionally running someone down with my motorcycle. That's uhm, that's straight up attempted murder. So yeah, I'm gonna go with that."

Aleck: "I've gotten into fights and repeatedly rode my motorcycle while under the influence in the past. I'm not sure which of those is worse, legally speaking." Shrugs

Jo: "Drugs. As in, people who sell that shit should die horrible painful deaths and then burn in hell for all eternity."

Aleck: "Jeesus. I mean, I don't blame you, but..."

Jo: "Yeah. Don't even get me started on the legal shit either. I get that a lot of it helps, but some doctors are a little too trigger happy with some seriously addictive shit. Especially shrinks."

Aleck: "I don't know if I have any strong opinions like that. I mean... I have strong feelings about some things, but I'm not really that opinionated."

Jo: "You're only opinionated about pointless things, really. Like John Stewart being a better Green Lantern than Hal Jordan or the sin that is dipping french fries on milkshakes."

Aleck: Frowns "Potatoes. Do not. Belong. In ice cream."

Jo: Snort

Aleck: "Falling back into old habits, I think."

Jo: "Same. Different habits, but... Same principle."

Jo: "I have a pretty good pain tolerance, so I guess... Anything that I couldn't recover from? Like, uhm, losing a limb or being blinded. Death. Death is a big nope. I'd love to avoid that."

Aleck: "Getting shot. I think I'd love to never go through that again. Thank you."

Q: Have you ever broken any bones?

Aleck: "I've broken my arm and my nose. Neither of those was fun."

Jo: "Several. More noticeably my wrist and a few ribs."

Aleck: "How? When?"

Jo: "We don't need the details."

Aleck: "I would like some details." :|

Jo: "No." >.>

Aleck: "..."

Aleck: "Fine."

Q: Is there a particular eating habit that you don't tolerate?

• @typical_demigod

Adrinne: I've never heard any of this about wind, but it makes sense.
    Fisk: Hm. Yeah. And yeah, it's the same here. Not... a demonic spirit, but a malevolent spirit, yeah. They get frustrated with endless wandering, and turn... well, malevolent.

Nomad: Yeah, sounds about it. Demonic, malevolent, still bad news for any soul wandering too close. (raises eyebrow and turns to Silver) Actually, I had a question.
    Silver: What's the query?
    Nomad: Is there really such a being in your folklore that stabs people from under bridges called The Buttstabber?
    Silver: (blinks slowly, then with dead seriousness) Yes.
    Nomad: O_O
    Silver: Well, technically its literal name is 'One Who Strikes From Below', but I suppose one could interpret that as the 'Stabber of Posteriors'.
    Nomad: Now you're just playing with me.
    Silver: Nope.
    Nomad: =.=
    Silver: :I Seriously?

Jesus Christ...that's brutal.

Q: Have you ever broken any bones?
    Jake: I fell out of a tree once and fucked up my leg for a while, so that was a fun go. (thumbs up)
    Jenna: I also broke a leg, but that was because I got shoved near some steps, and I was more focused on the nail that went into my arm. If you're watching this, Megan Crossley, fuck you and your marker-pen eyebrows. That could've gotten infected.
    Jake: I swear down, those eyebrows were thicker than the planks her brain was made out of. And that nail shit was nasty, but it wasn't rusty, I guess?
    Jenna: (slightly squeamish) At least there was that.

Nomad: I avoid getting into situations like that. Helps that I have a horse.
    Silver: And I've been kept at arms length away from anything 'dangerous'. Even the few hunting parties I've been on involved aforementioned guards that go mad if I so much as cough funny.

auBella: (instantly thinking of blood) Nononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. No no. No no no. (pauses) No.

@Blackbird

Jo: points This kid. She gets it." >.>
    Aleck: cough "Nerd." cough
    Jo: "Once you memorize fuck knows how many moons of Saturn you have NO grounds to call someone a nerd, you gigantic dork." :|

Jenna: Snakes and Astronomy (ok sign) Two of my favourite things!
    Jake: Ohhhh kaká. Again? Excuse me, I'mma go get out of you nerds' way so you can talk shop. (flies out the window)
    Jenna: (rolls eyes, unserious) Sorry about my brother, he's a hipster try-hard who thinks he's above us nerdy peons when in reality, he's just as nerdy about music and powers.
    Jake: (from outside) I heard that!
    Jenna: (smirking) I know.

Just to illustrate the fact that, yes, Amber has done this kind of shit before. :P

Amber, I love you (platonically), please go slap this Jason douchebag with every rotten fish you can find.

Jo: "Kid... If someone asks if you've done something you shouldn't have. Don't immediately point at your brother. That could be taken in ways you probably don't want it taken." :|

Jake: (immediately flies back in, almost as if he never really left) Why is it that whenever either of us says something like that, people think we're fucking or some gross-ass shit like that?
    Jenna: (points at the quotes) Because we say and do dumb things that we know are innocent but have five different ways it can be taken, and people like twincest shipping way too much. (at Jake's miffed look) You know fully well that's the reality, Jay.
    Jake: (flops onto the sofa grumpily) Stupid shippers and their stupid ships. You don't see normal siblings getting paired up, but nooooooo. Twins have to be fucking. We're not even identical for fuck's sake!
    Jenna: I hate to say it, but as far as non-identical goes we're pretty similar...
    Jake: (points to eyes and hair, the latter of which is currently nesting a few stray flames) With what, our 'colour palettes'? You sound like Dessei.
    Jenna: Okay, you're just getting wound up now. Go get some coffee.
    Jake: (groans) Fine. But this is dumb.
    Jenna: Go. Coffee. Now.
    Jake: (grumbles and leaves)
    (five minutes later)
    Jake: (glowering and sipping on his coffee, noticeably less hyperactive)
    Jenna: (sipping a mocha) Okay, now where were we?

Jo: "Oh, God." After a pause "Pianos are worse. And they're harder to tune."
    Aleck: "Out of tune instruments aren't the end of the w-"
    Jo: "Look, dork, I don't ask for much. I just want shit to be in-key, alright?"

Jake: (coughs on coffee) Thank you! You know how many times I've tried to explain that to Jenna? (falsetto) "You only need to tune it, what's the big deal?" (normally) It still sounds fucking awful! And I don't have much experience with pianos, but I feel your pain there, mate.

@Obsidi0nAngel
    Hey, you! You were missed, my dude. :D

Agreed!

Jo: "Ha. Oh boy. There's... There's quite a bit to choose from. I think the most illegal was intentionally running someone down with my motorcycle. That's uhm, that's straight up attempted murder. So yeah, I'm gonna go with that."

(raises hand) I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but who did you run down?

Jo: "You're only opinionated about pointless things, really. Like John Stewart being a better Green Lantern than Hal Jordan or the sin that is dipping french fries on milkshakes."

auBella: Excuse me, which monster is dipping french fries in milkshakes?

Jenna: It's not something I really thought about, but Fallon.
    Jake: (snorts coffee out his nose) JEN!
    Jenna: (shrugs) Didn't mean it that way, but I'm not sorry. What I meant was that Fallon has an unfortunate tendency to eat and drink very. Very. Loudly. Remember when we went to that pizza place?
    Jake: And she had the slushie? Yeah, that was kinda weird. I mean, I wasn't bothered but we had a laugh over it.
    Jenna: (sighs) What about you?
    Jake: Nah, I'm chill with most shit.
    Jenna: Lies.
    Jake: Jen, let's be real, you've seen me eat. I'm not exactly 'take me to a fancy restaurant' material.
    Jenna: (concedes) There must be something, though?
    Jake: Uhhhhh, I don't know...People who don't use chopsticks when eating chopsticky food? It's part of the whole thing. Plus, eating with chopsticks makes you look cool if you get it right. :P

Nomad: I get annoyed when people tell me how to eat. I'm sorry I don't use fifty knives and forks like the priviliged aristos or use plates out in the forsaken desert, but I really don't care.
    Silver: Do you at least chew with your mouth closed?
    Nomad: (takes a moment to recall the last time he ate) Uhhhhhhhh...Yes?
    Silver: Then I won't be throwing you out of any windows.
    Nomad: ...Thank you?

auBella: Talking with your mouth full, by far—I don't want to see all the chewed up slime you're eating, eww.

Q: What's the most disproportionate response you've ever seen or heard to something (including if you were the one reacting disproportionately)?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jenna: (rolls eyes, unserious) Sorry about my brother, he's a hipster try-hard who thinks he's above us nerdy peons when in reality, he's just as nerdy about music and powers.

Aleck: "Nah, we get it. This one still hides all her entomology books under her bed like someone's gonna give a shit she likes to read about bugs."

Jo: "I don't hide them. I just don't have room for them on my shelves." >.>

Aleck: "Mhm. Sure."

Amber, I love you (platonically), please go slap this Jason douchebag with every rotten fish you can find.

Don't encourage her for the love of God. O_O

Jake: (immediately flies back in, almost as if he never really left) Why is it that whenever either of us says something like that, people think we're fucking or some gross-ass shit like that?
    Jenna: (points at the quotes) Because we say and do dumb things that we know are innocent but have five different ways it can be taken, and people like twincest shipping way too much. (at Jake's miffed look) You know fully well that's the reality, Jay.

Jo: "Just pointing out how it is. Yeah."

Aleck: "When we started high school most people thought we were dating until they found out we had the same last name. That was extremely uncomfortable."

Jo: Sigh "I think that wouldn't have happened so much if we actually came to school together like most siblings who live in the same house would."

Aleck: "Probably. Yeah." :|

Jake: (coughs on coffee) Thank you! You know how many times I've tried to explain that to Jenna? (falsetto) "You only need to tune it, what's the big deal?" (normally) It still sounds fucking awful! And I don't have much experience with pianos, but I feel your pain there, mate.

Aleck: "I dunno. I tune my bass before and after playing every time and I never have any problems." Shrugs

Jo: "My guitar is old, the strings just loosen on their own overnight." :P

Aleck: "And yet you won't buy a new one."

Jo: "I like this one."

Aleck: "Then stop complaining about it."

(raises hand) I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but who did you run down?

Jo: Breathes a small sigh "My girlfriend's dealer. After she overdosed and died."

Jo: "If I buy fries with my money for my own consumption, I will dip them wherever the hell I please, thank you."

Aleck: "It's gross."

Jo: "You shut your peanut-butter-cross-contaminating-heathen-mouthole, dork."

Aleck: Snorts "Heathen?"

Jo: "You heard me." >.>

Jake: Uhhhhh, I don't know...People who don't use chopsticks when eating chopsticky food? It's part of the whole thing. Plus, eating with chopsticks makes you look cool if you get it right. :P

Aleck: "I can't do it." :|

Jo: "He really can't. It's hilarious."

Q: What's the most disproportionate response you've ever seen or heard to something (including if you were the one reacting disproportionately)?

Aleck: "Uhm... Hannah tried to scratch this girl's eyes out because I smiled at something she said."

Jo: "Ugh, I remember that. Poor girl. She didn't see that coming."

Aleck: "I didn't either." Sigh "The ride home wasn't fun after that."

Jo: "Oh, let me guess... It was your fault for being nice to someone who was talking to you?"

Aleck: Mutters "Something like that."

Jo: "Psychotic piece of human-shaped turd." >.>

Aleck: "Not like that was the only time, but it was a pretty bad one."

Jo: "I don't know, dork. I'd consider shooting you for refusing to take her calls a pretty damn disproportionate response."

Aleck: "Huh. Guess you're right. That was the worst one. At least so far." :/

Jo: "Don't even joke about that."

Q: Have you ever been in or witnessed a toxic relationship before?

• @Blackbird
    re: fish slapping

The whole fish slapping thing reminds me of a VeggieTales movie about Jonah. The bad guys would slap each other and strangers w fishes. I wish I could find a clip from the beginning where these two peas are slapping each other bc it's what I thought of, but this works:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/71f60a08-3741-493f-b256-03ee3d05062d#Sk1xF0AXoum.copy
    (if you watch the next two clips as well that fits. bc YT doesn't have a clip of the scenes i want in full. And I definitely didn't put 15 minutes into trying to find something. Nope, not me. >.>)

Also I'm just not really surprised by anything you say your characters do. lol

Jo: "Deserved."
    Aleck: "I dunno... Execution is kinda harsh?"
    Jo: "I don't think so."
    Aleck: "I... Hm... Okay." :|

Fisk: See? Someone gets it. >.>

That sounds pretty unpleasant. Wow. :|

Jesus Christ...that's brutal.

that it is lol

Magnus: I have a lot of questions, but mostly I'd like to try both of these things.

Ana: You've never had ice cream?

Magnus: No...?

Fisk: We'll find some. You'll enjoy it. nods

they don't have potatoes tho. poor things.

Jo: Breathes a small sigh "My girlfriend's dealer. After she overdosed and died."

Fisk: I definitely know where you're coming from.

Magnus: I see why you're so opinionated. :/

gotta love hannah :|

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Nomad: Yeah, sounds about it. Demonic, malevolent, still bad news for any soul wandering too close. (raises eyebrow and turns to Silver) Actually, I had a question.
    Silver: What's the query?
    Nomad: Is there really such a being in your folklore that stabs people from under bridges called The Buttstabber?
    Silver: (blinks slowly, then with dead seriousness) Yes.
    Nomad: O_O
    Silver: Well, technically its literal name is 'One Who Strikes From Below', but I suppose one could interpret that as the 'Stabber of Posteriors'.
    Nomad: Now you're just playing with me.
    Silver: Nope.
    Nomad: =.=
    Silver: :I Seriously?

Adrinne: chuckles

Fisk: This is going on my list of reasons to avoid water.

Magnus: Pretty sure we don't have buttstabbers here to worry about.

Fisk: I'm definitely still adding it. There's some messed up people in the world.

Ana: This whole upheaval makes me much more curious about this food.

I also can't do this. My hand coordination is terrible.

Magnus: Especially here in the urban areas, people need to chill out with kids. I dunno the issue with letting them participate in conversation at meals.

Ana: They usually don't know what they're talking about.

Magnus: So you can teach them, then.

Adrinne: Have you ever interacted with an actual child?

Ana: ...No, but I know plenty about them.

Adrinne: I hate when people speak with their mouth full. Hearing and understanding is already difficult for me. >.>

Fisk: Oh. Yeah, that's rude. Plus, nobody wants to see the food in their mouths.

Adrinne: That too.

Ana: When I'm eating at a table with people that I know know proper table manners and then someone decides not to have them, that's very frustrating.

Fisk: My father disowned half my brothers. All of them were severe overreactions.

Adrinne: That's what Gideon always said.

Fisk: Ah, hey, how's he? Didn't he get a title?

Adrinne: long pause Oh, yeah. In '73.

Fisk: nods Good on him.

Ana: I thought you were all a big, happy family.

Fisk: I don't think I've ever met Gideon. I guess maybe when I was a baby. Um... Porter. Haven't talked to him since I was nine because he went out to become a musician and Father didn't approve of it.

Ana: But he's famous now.

Fisk: shrugs He disowned someone else for marrying a widow. I still get to talk to him sometimes, though. He doesn't live far away. He's nice. nods

Ana: Huh. Didn't know that.

Magnus: Um... When I was eleven, right before Enys, me and my sister and our best friends, or I guess my best friends, we went out in the woods just because we could. Their uncle Sigmund found us a little before dark and told us about the spirit that was supposedly out there, that ate kids lost in the woods after dark, and even though I knew it wasn't real I still had nightmares about it for months. >.>

Fisk: That's the most disproportionate thing?

Magnus: pauses I guess probably not, but it's the story I'm sticking with.

Ana: Most disproportionate... Fisk getting on a boat. looks pointedly

Fisk:

Ana: shrugs You acted like we were about to throw you in a volcano. It's the most disproportionate. Mr. Carson's just too nice to say so.

Magnus: deep sigh

Fisk: I'm not talking about this again. >.<

Q: Have you ever been in or witnessed a toxic relationship before?

Magnus: I'm sure. I dunno. It's hard for me to read relationships I'm not physically in. My sister could be a little bitch, but I don't think that was toxic as much as tiresome.

Ana: glares at Adrinne

Adrinne: ...?

Ana: You know what. >.>

Adrinne: softly ...I do?

Fisk: Yeah. pause You know, most of the people with a similar family background have had similar experiences in terms of having bad relationships with the elders of the family. I'm blaming you. gestures at Ana :|

Ana: Um... why?

Fisk: You took the Province and made that whole generation freak out about what beliefs they were supposed to have.

Ana: For one, that was my grandfather, not me. For two, you should probably share the beliefs of your elders. It's not my fault you all choose to still act Othorn.

Fisk: It's not polite to blame dead men, so I'm going to continue blaming you. :)

Adrinne: Oh! You mean Edda.

Ana: What the fuck did you think I meant?

Adrinne: Don't curse. It's rude.

Ana: Yes, I care very fucking much about what you consider rude.

Adrinne: I'm not the only person here.

Ana: I don't really give a fuck about what they consider rude either, quite frankly.

Adrinne: Well, it's rude. Sort of the way accusing people of things when you know nothing about the situation is rude.

Ana: Enlighten me, then.

Adrinne: I don't know what you want me to say that I haven't already. shrugs

Ana: sighs

Q: Is swearing rude?

• @Blackbird

Aleck: "Nah, we get it. This one still hides all her entomology books under her bed like someone's gonna give a shit she likes to read about bugs."
    Jo: "I don't hide them. I just don't have room for them on my shelves." >.>
    Aleck: "Mhm. Sure."

I don't like bugs, but reading about bugs is cool thumbs up

Don't encourage her for the love of God. O_O

Too late, I have made my encouragement clear :P

Jo: "Just pointing out how it is. Yeah."
    Aleck: "When we started high school most people thought we were dating until they found out we had the same last name. That was extremely uncomfortable."
    Jo: Sigh "I think that wouldn't have happened so much if we actually came to school together like most siblings who live in the same house would."
    Aleck: "Probably. Yeah." :|

Jake: That's fucking garb. Might be easier if you went in together, but I dunno. I mean, over here we bike...biked in every day, and so does half the school 'cause of the whole government, NHS thing about tackling obesity and pollution. (snorts) I still can't believe Mum roped us into doing it.
    Jenna: Seeing as Mum's a nurse at the NHS, that makes sense, and Dad's a fitness freak so we didn't stand a chance. And it did give us more free reign.
    Jake: True.

Aleck: "I dunno. I tune my bass before and after playing every time and I never have any problems." Shrugs
    Jo: "My guitar is old, the strings just loosen on their own overnight." :P
    Aleck: "And yet you won't buy a new one."
    Jo: "I like this one."
    Aleck: "Then stop complaining about it."

Jake: Hey, we have a right to like things and talk about the crap parts too :P
    Jenna: Do you now?
    Jake: Obviously. Like you. You can be really cool and I wouldn't even trade you for a box of smarties, but you're also stuck up and need to let loose more. And I'd trade you for a box of smarties.
    Jenna: (raises an eyebrow) Really?
    Jake: (shrugs apologetically) That's the sibling paradox, sis—Marmite fused with Schrodinger's Cat.
    Jenna: ...That makes a weird amount of sense, but wouldn't that make more sense if we never knew each other, if we're dragging Schrodinger's Cat into—
    Jake: Just roll with it. Science never made much sense to me anyway.
    Jenna: (puts another cup of coffee down in front of him) Alllright then.

Damn, sorry to hear that, no wonder you hate drugs.

Jo: "If I buy fries with my money for my own consumption, I will dip them wherever the hell I please, thank you."
    Aleck: "It's gross."
    Jo: "You shut your peanut-butter-cross-contaminating-heathen-mouthole, dork."

Aleck, I am extremely disappointed in you. Do not come anywhere near my jam sandwiches.

Aleck: "I can't do it." :|
    Jo: "He really can't. It's hilarious."

I also can't do this. My hand coordination is terrible.

I'm still struggling to get to grips with it (ahahahahahaha, bow before my terrible pun), but I was able to eat sushi with them the first time I tried. Getting the posture right's a bit funny lol

Aleck: "Uhm... Hannah tried to scratch this girl's eyes out because I smiled at something she said."
    Jo: "Ugh, I remember that. Poor girl. She didn't see that coming."
    Aleck: "I didn't either." Sigh "The ride home wasn't fun after that."
    Jo: "Oh, let me guess... It was your fault for being nice to someone who was talking to you?"
    Aleck: Mutters "Something like that."
    Jo: "Psychotic piece of human-shaped turd." >.>
    Aleck: "Not like that was the only time, but it was a pretty bad one."
    Jo: "I don't know, dork. I'd consider shooting you for refusing to take her calls a pretty damn disproportionate response."
    Aleck: "Huh. Guess you're right. That was the worst one. At least so far." :/
    Jo: "Don't even joke about that."

Fallon: Bitch, what kind of fucking wankstain waste of bawsack do you have to be to do that shite!? What a fucking reprobate. She better have fucking got what was coming to her. >:/
    Izzy: (trying to pull her away as gently as possible without being aggressive) Oookay, Fallon, nap time.
    Fallon: >:/ No.
    Izzy: There's not much you can do by being angry. Just five minutes, have a slushie.
    Fallon: (grumbles) Fine, I'll have a fuckin' slushie.

@typical_demigod

Magnus: I have a lot of questions, but mostly I'd like to try both of these things.
    Ana: You've never had ice cream?
    Magnus: No...?
    Fisk: We'll find some. You'll enjoy it. nods
    they don't have potatoes tho. poor things.

Get. Them. Potatoes. Get. Them. Potatoes.
    Get.
    Them.
    Potatoes.

gotta love hannah :|

Fallon: (cracks knuckles)
    Izzy: Eat your flipping slushie, Lightweight. >:3
    Fallon: (obeys begrudgingly; loud slurps can be heard)

Adrinne: chuckles
    Fisk: This is going on my list of reasons to avoid water.
    Magnus: Pretty sure we don't have buttstabbers here to worry about.
    Fisk: I'm definitely still adding it. There's some messed up people in the world.

Silver: You're considered safe if you cross the bridge without turning your back to the water; if you don't, then you're asking for it to reach out and spear you. It's also why you shouldn't linger on a bridge, even if you're waiting for someone to catch up, or set up camp near one. Fun fact, it's one of the many reasons all official bridges in our kingdom have walls. Fun fact two, it's also what we call traitors and...a certain type of criminal. (to Nomad) You know the ones.
    Nomad: (nods) Over here, we just call them 'Dead'. (pause) Because that's what they are once the villagers are done with them.
    Silver: (nods back, grim) At least 'buttstabbers' can be deterred by throwing salt, or so they say.

Ana: This whole upheaval makes me much more curious about this food.

I definitely encourage you to try french fries and milkshake, just...seperately, first. xD

Fisk: My father disowned half my brothers. All of them were severe overreactions.

Dare I ask what awful things your brothers did?

Q: Is swearing rude?
    Jake: I think we've well-established how I feel about swearing, you fucks.
    Jenna: Yep. Swearing is rude, but some people don't give a damn. And some people have different definitions of swearing, which can become more complicated...And then there's the added social components...
    Jake: Jen, you're tech-babbling again.
    Jenna: (rolls eyes) Fuck off.

Nomad: Is it rude? Yes. Do I care? No.
    Silver: (sighs) There's a time and a place. Usually it's in private when there's no chance of being overheard, because we can't have delicate ladies using such coarse language, can we?

auBella: Yeah, there's better ways of expressing yourself than that. Mom and Phil have always steered me away from talking like that, and for good reason. If I need to, it's something like 'rats' or 'crud' or 'holy crow'. No eff words unless it's like 'fudge' and 'frick'.

If you swear, what's your weapon of choice/favourite swear? If not, what's the closest you've gotten to using one?

• @Shy_Not_Fly Fallon can join the club of people waiting to murder Hannah XD

Also I never knew smarties had a name. Learned something today. Also, they're definitely not good enough to trade a sibling for. Raise your standards of candy, Jake. :P

I'm still struggling to get to grips with it (ahahahahahaha, bow before my terrible pun), but I was able to eat sushi with them the first time I tried. Getting the posture right's a bit funny lol

all puns are good puns. And I've heard that holding your fingers lower might help, but I haven't had a pair of chopsticks recently to try my luck with that :P Mostly I just can't get the bottom one to stay still :P

Get.
    Them.
    Potatoes.

waves hand lazily Give it like 30 years. It's a whole other story :P

Silver: You're considered safe if you cross the bridge without turning your back to the water; if you don't, then you're asking for it to reach out and spear you. It's also why you shouldn't linger on a bridge, even if you're waiting for someone to catch up, or set up camp near one. Fun fact, it's one of the many reasons all official bridges in our kingdom have walls. Fun fact two, it's also what we call traitors and...a certain type of criminal. (to Nomad) You know the ones.
    Nomad: (nods) Over here, we just call them 'Dead'. (pause) Because that's what they are once the villagers are done with them.
    Silver: (nods back, grim) At least 'buttstabbers' can be deterred by throwing salt, or so they say.

Fisk: Water's on both sides of you though? You can't not turn your back. How do you people cross bridges???

Magnus: They have walls.

Fisk: That doesn't sound like enough protection. :|

I definitely encourage you to try french fries and milkshake, just...seperately, first. xD

Ana: I see. I'll keep that in mind.

Dare I ask what awful things your brothers did?

Fisk: I don't know all the details on most of them because I was too young, but for the most part they just did something he didn't agree with. One of them married a widow without permission. Even though it was a good move, socially? I dunno. He's always gotten everything he's wanted, so he thinks he can control everything, I think. shrugs

At this point Fisk's just trying to stay on his good side until he dies so he's not removed from the will lol

Jake: I think we've well-established how I feel about swearing, you fucks.
    Jenna: Yep. Swearing is rude, but some people don't give a damn. And some people have different definitions of swearing, which can become more complicated...And then there's the added social components...
    Jake: Jen, you're tech-babbling again.
    Jenna: (rolls eyes) Fuck off.

I'm proud of you guys. I was expecting much more swearing :D

Silver: (sighs) There's a time and a place. Usually it's in private when there's no chance of being overheard, because we can't have delicate ladies using such coarse language, can we?

Ana: rolls eyes It's idiotic.

Q: If you swear, what's your weapon of choice/favourite swear? If not, what's the closest you've gotten to using one?

Ana: "Go wand'ing" is the only one I can say without getting a snide comment on being a lady.

"Go wand'ing" = go to hell

Magnus: It's kind of inappropriate, but silverthorn.

Fisk: Interesting.

Magnus: I called your brother it once; his face was hilarious.

Fisk: I bet he deserved it. :|

Magnus: This may be inappropriate of me, but... does he ever not?

Fisk: long pause No, you're right. That's fair.

Adrinne: I try not to swear. People pay more attention when you actually do. I don't really have a favorite, though. I just use whatever comes to mind first.

Fisk: I like 'fuck'. It's very multi-purpose.

Q: How bad of a procrastinator are you?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.