Suggestion: Option to extend timeline segments from within them (+ organization tweaks)

• Hey! As far as I'm aware, this isn't a feature already, but if it is then please let me know how to use it. This is probably the only part of Plotist that's ever frustrated me, and I'd be pleased as punch if I found out it was just me doing it wrong XD

Could we have a way to extend timeline segments from within them? Right now all you can do is add new spaces at the end of the segment-- which means that you then have to move all the points individually, by hand. This can be a very tedious and time consuming process, especially if you have a lot of events, and it makes it much more difficult to use Plotist to figure out timing if you don't already have a good idea of the order of events in your head.

Also, it would be nice if you could have the ability to link elements to timelines individually instead of all of them coming up automatically. One of my worlds has three separate stories in it, each with their own timelines, and while I wanted to keep them within the same world on Plotist since they do belong to the same series, it means I have a lot of items floating around. Items created from a timeline could start out linked to it, and items created/edited outside a timeline could have check boxes to associate them/disassociate them from different timelines. This could help cut down on confusion and make it easier to navigate through the timelines.

Another useful feature would be the ability to create subfolders. For example, the story I'm currently working on most actively has six main characters, and they aren't all at the same place at the same time. Subfolders would let me group related story points together (i.e. character a and character b are off doing one thing with their events in their own folder, while character c and character d are doing something else with their events in a different folder), and generally organize things a little better. Folders could show up instead of individual events on the timeline, and clicking the folder could show its contents (and a "back") button. This could help keep things more organized if you happen to have a large story/series.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Let me toss this post at @jaycano :D

• Thank you so much! I just think these are some awesome features that might help out a lot :D

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Totally getcha! We're doing some interesting things in the background, and the more suggestions and features we get, the more we can help prioritise and make decisions going forward. :D

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.