Character Respond, Answer, Ask (June/July Edition)

• What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

Here's how it works: I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's a question: Q: What's one fact about yourself?

• @typical_demigod

Alright. RP dorks it is then. These guys are different from all of my characters in that they are... Hm... Kinda normal people? And not medievals. So yeah, I don't write them much outside of RP, but I've been RPing them lately so why not.

Q: What's one fact about yourself?

Aleck: "I collect superhero themed boxer shorts."

Jo: "They're not all superhero themed."

Aleck: "Joanne." :|

Jo: "They're not, dork. I'm telling the truth." >.>

Aleck: "Okay. They're geeky boxer shorts."

Jo: "I have a pet tarantula. And two emperor scorpions. They're my babies."

Aleck: "One of said babies bled your finger last night."

Jo: "Lucifer was just hungry and I stuck my fingers in there like an idiot." >.>

Aleck: "True, you were a complete idiot."

Jo: "Watch it, dork." :|

Aleck: chuckle

Q: Have you ever been bitten/stung/scratched/etc by a pet?

• @blackbird What the hay, let's throw some newbies into the mix tosses two characters into the arena

Nomad: (amused) I'm fairly certain that spell was supposed to heat my noodles, not dump me here.
    Silver: (grumbles and rubs her behind) Where in [standard fantasy expletive, eg. Fates] are we?
    Nomad: (smiles wryly) Surely that's no way for a queen to behave?
    Silver: (glares) Who the [SFE] are you?
    Nomad: (points at his name) An underdeveloped character given 4th-Wall knowledge given by a lazy creator. As are you.
    Silver: ... (stares at their names) What kind of names are these?
    Nomad: (as if it were obvious) Underdeveloped ones?
    Silver: Hhhh, alright. (looks above them) It appears as though people have come before us.

Jo: "I have a pet tarantula. And two emperor scorpions. They're my babies."
    Aleck: "One of said babies bled your finger last night."
    Jo: "Lucifer was just hungry and I stuck my fingers in there like an idiot." >.>

Silver: (raises an eyebrow) Why, though?
    Nomad: (shrugs) People make mistakes.
    Silver: No, why call it Satan?
    Nomad: Lucifer, actually. And why not? I think it's a rather suitable name for an Emperor Scorpion. (at her confused look) Have you ever been out in the desert? The little biters are everywhere further west. Everywhere including your clothes, if you leave them in the sand too long.
    Silver: To be honest, I haven't gone further than the cities. Why would you even want to, anyway? It's an infernal deathtrap.
    Nomad: (mock offence) That infernal deathtrap is my home, I'll have you know!
    Silver: Aren't you homeless by definition?
    Nomad: By definition my home isn't a permanent settlement. You can't build a house out of sand. (coughs) Though our creator isn't exactly the most knowledgable in nomadic culture, so readers may want to take related knowledge with a grain of salt. (coughs)
    Silver: (wrinkles nose) Are you ill?
    Nomad: (sarcastically) Thanks for the concern. Though I would not be surprised to discover I'd been temporarily possessed.

Nomad: Have you ever been bitten/stung/scratched/etc. by a pet?
    Silver: A handful of times. My snow leopard and I are quite well-bonded. Yourself?
    Nomad: (laughs) That damned horse is always biting my ear when I walk next to him. Likes to pull my hair, too.
    Silver: ...(rereads) I don't appreciate the word pet, though. (looks up at Nomad) Are you and your stallion bonded?
    Nomad: (nods) Since he was a colt. And I agree, 'pet' seems...inaccurate. Too one-sided, if you know what I mean?
    Silver: Definitely.

What's your relationship with your pets and/or animals in general?

• @shy_not_fly17

Ooooh, new peeps. I likes it. ^_^

Silver: (raises an eyebrow) Why, though?
    Nomad: (shrugs) People make mistakes.
    Silver: No, why call it Satan?

Jo: "Funny. No one ever questioned their names before."

Aleck: "Honestly, who would question the fact you named your pets after biblical figures, like some sort of serial-killer-in-the-making?"

Jo: "True." Chuckles "That just sounds like a thing I'd do." Shrugs "But yeah, I named one scorpion Lucifer and the other one Michael as in the Archangel. And the spider's name is Lilith. No, I'm not religious. No, that's not why I did it."

Aleck: "It's because of a TV show."

Jo: Glares at him

Aleck: "You'll admit to watching MLP but you won't own up to Supernatural. I really don't get it."

Jo: "If you ever watched Supernatural, you'd get it." Snorts "I just like the names, though. And Lucifer is a pinchy asshole, so it's fitting."

Silver: A handful of times. My snow leopard and I are quite well-bonded. Yourself?
    Nomad: (laughs) That damned horse is always biting my ear when I walk next to him. Likes to pull my hair, too.
    Silver: ...(rereads) I don't appreciate the word pet, though. (looks up at Nomad) Are you and your stallion bonded?
    Nomad: (nods) Since he was a colt. And I agree, 'pet' seems...inaccurate. Too one-sided, if you know what I mean?
    Silver: Definitely.

Jo: "Ookay... What is this bonding thing? I'm curious."

Aleck: "You're not at all curious about where the hell these people came from? Just the bonding thing?"

Jo: Shrugs "It's whatever, dork."

Aleck: "You're also overlooking the fact this person says she is bonded to a snow leopard."

Jo: "Hey, I would be too if I could."

Aleck: Facepalms

What's your relationship with your pets and/or animals in general?

Jo: "I handle my pets constantly and I talk to them, even though I know for a fact they don't really give a shit."

Aleck: "I'll still argue the fact Lilith recognizes you."

Jo: "People seem to be on the fence whether tarantulas can recognize their handlers, but the official stance is that they can't." Shrugs "She does respond to you too."

Aleck: "That's because I'm usually the one who remembers to feed her."

Jo: "She has to eat like, twice a week maybe. Don't make it sound like I starve her, Aleck. My work schedule is just shit. I've been doing it now that I'm home."

Aleck: "Alright, fair enough."

Jo: "The scorpions don't care much and they're moody assholes so I can't handle them too much. They've stung me a handful of times and those pincers hurt like hell. I still love them though. Cuties." Grins

Aleck: Shakes head "I'm getting a kitten soon. So I'm excited about that."

Jo: "We're calling it Sir Fuzzington."

Aleck: "Yes, because you made that stupid name stick."

Jo: "You said I could help you name it. You're welcome, dork."

Aleck: "Yes, thank you." :|

Q: Would you be flattered or offended if someone named their pet after you?

• These two are relatively well developed so you get to have them now. throws confuzzled characters in RAA

@Blackbird

Jo: "You said I could help you name it. You're welcome, dork."
    Aleck: "Yes, thank you." :|

Max: That's adorable! ...You should be thanking her. pretends not to totally store that name somewhere so she can use it in the future

@Shy_Not_Fly17 these are great characters XD

i want one

Max: I want to know too.

Li: You don't have a pet :/

Max: I will one day. shrugs

Q: Have you ever been bitten/stung/scratched/etc by a pet?

Max: The family dog bit me once. I was... eight? I almost died :'D

Li: That's the one on your leg.

Max: nods 'Tis.

Li: I got scratched up by a bird once.

Max: half-laughing What'd you expect?

Li: >.>

Q: What's your relationship with your pets and/or animals in general?

Li: Animals like me. I don't like most of them, but they like me. I don't know why. :/

Max: You're likable :D

Li: :/

Max: I don't like dogs, for reasons which are probably obvious now, but otherwise I guess our relationship is neutral? I don't go out of my way to bother animals. smirks Unlike some people.

Li: realizes she's talking about him Stop :|

Max: It depends what the personality is. Is it super sweet and nice? Flattered. Is it a demon spawn? Offended.

Li: Why would someone do that?

Max: Usually people do it because you mean a lot to them and they want to honor you. Usually with their own children. pauses I would accept a pet named after me if it's not a demon spawn ^_^

Li: It's weird either way :/

Q: Would you consider naming your child after someone important to you?

• @typical_demigod

I like them already. ^^

Max: That's adorable! ...You should be thanking her. pretends not to totally store that name somewhere so she can use it in the future

Aleck: "I... Did." :/

Jo: "What'd you do to the bird?" Smirk

Li: Animals like me. I don't like most of them, but they like me. I don't know why. :/

I was like that with cats. But I like them now so... I guess they win. :|

Q: Would you consider naming your child after someone important to you?

Aleck: "No. That'd be weird. Especially if they're still around and not, like, a dead relative."

Jo: "That could be confusing. If you called your kid and the person is right there and they don't know who you're talking to."

Aleck: "Maybe a middle name or something like that. Still, I don't think I would."

Jo: "If I wanted to have kids; which I don't, really... I don't think I'd do it either. It is kinda weird."

Q: Did you ever meet someone with the same name as you?

• @Blackbird

Aleck: "You'll admit to watching MLP but you won't own up to Supernatural. I really don't get it."
    Jo: "If you ever watched Supernatural, you'd get it." Snorts "I just like the names, though. And Lucifer is a pinchy asshole, so it's fitting."

watches SPN
    raises eyebrow
    The fuck's that supposed to mean, Jo? xD

coughcoughalsodoyoushipdestielliketherestofthefandomseemstocoughcough

Aleck: "You're not at all curious about where the hell these people came from? Just the bonding thing?"
    Jo: Shrugs "It's whatever, dork."
    Aleck: "You're also overlooking the fact this person says she is bonded to a snow leopard."
    Jo: "Hey, I would be too if I could."
    Aleck: Facepalms

Nomad: Essentially, at this point in the creator's creative ahem 'process', she's decided that people in our world can become intimately connected, or 'bonded', to certain creatures during the course of our lifetimes. The strength of the connections can vary, but the general rule of thumb is that you only have one bonded companion at a time. Some people choose not to, or aren't able to. (gestures to his horse) My family tend to go with travelling companions, like this little bastard.
    Horse Who Has No Name: (whinnies—translation: Fuck off :D)
    Silver: Also, for obvious reasons they tend to be creatures native to your country. (scratches the snow leopard behind the ear) Mountain climates, mountain companions, for instance.

Silver: A dignified name for a kitten if I ever saw one (nods approvingly).

@typical_demigod

i want one

Who doesn't? :P

Max: The family dog bit me once. I was... eight? I almost died :'D

Silver: (horrified) Did it try to maul you to death!?
    Nomad: I'm fairly certain she's exaggerating, Silv.
    Silver: (glares) What kind of nickname is that supposed to be?
    Nomad: (raises an eyebrow)
    Silver: ... (deadpan) An underdeveloped one.
    Nomad: (grins and gives her two thumbs up)
    Silver: Hhhh...

I smell a story behind this one...

Max: Usually people do it because you mean a lot to them and they want to honor you. Usually with their own children. pauses I would accept a pet named after me if it's not a demon spawn ^_^

Nomad: Interesting, usually we find naming companions after family and friends rather...well, it's something only done with the dead, and even then not often. It varies between cultures and peoples.
    Silver: Hmm. Back home we consider it an omen on both individuals, so...no, definitely not. I would understand if one meant well, but we see it as insulting.

@Blackbird

Jo: "That could be confusing. If you called your kid and the person is right there and they don't know who you're talking to."
    Aleck: "Maybe a middle name or something like that. Still, I don't think I would."

Funnily enough, at college there used to be two Mohammeds who both went by their middle names. Thing is, both of them were Hassan, so there used to be a lot of confusion until one of them left.

Q: Did you ever meet someone with the same name as you?
    Silver: How should we know? We don't even have real names.
    Nomad: How about we search for characters who share our 'names'?
    Silver: (sighs) Fine.
    (two minutes later)
    Silver: Long John Silver, Silver Surfer, (quizzical) Silver the Hedgehog?
    Nomad: Nomad of Nowhere*, Nomad when 'Captain America' went by a different name...That appears to be it?
    Silver: That was...(clicks on something related to Silver the Hedgehog) WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS SACRED IS THIS?!
    Nomad: (leans over) That, appears to be the Sonic fandom.
    Silver: tHE WHAT!? (Nomad starts to answer) NO, DON'T BOTHER, THIS IS SINFUL, GET THIS OUT OF MY SIGHT AT ONCE!
    Nomad: (wryly) If it please Your Majesty, so it shall be.
    (throws the laptop out of the window)
    Nomad: Better?
    Silver: =_=

(*From the Rooster Teeth series—love that btw)
    Q: Where do you draw the line with the internet's weirdness?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.