Hello, Hello!

• Salutations, everyone! I am the Fable's Beast, a Beast of Lores.

Just wanted to get out in the open, get acquainted with you fairfolk and the like, maybe establish friendships while we're at it. I was just recently introduced to the website, you see, and wanted to get familiar with its intricacies 'fore interacting with others.

Anyway, feel free to drop by and say hello or perhaps express your potential inquisitive nature.

• Greetings, and welcome to the forums Beast of Lores ^-^ Make yourself at home!

• @shy_not_fly17 Thanks! I most certainly will.

• Hello! It's good to see you here, and yes, definitely make yourself at home!

As well, here's a link to the worldbuilding thread I was telling you about in Discord! :)

• @typical_demigod Oh, hey!

And thanks for the link, I'll investigate tomorrow, probably.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Hehe. Hello again! :D Hopefully we're able to help you get your writing goals accomplished! :D

Your name and description hint that you're writing fantasy, but is that the case? Do you write in any other genres?

• @josey Yes, actually. More specifically, I write other genres with a fantasy element incorporated into them. I've dabbled in science fiction, mecha, gothic, post-apocalypse, all those wonderful things.

For instance, in one of my worlds, warfare was revolutionized from traditional sword and shield by a 'magical mineral', as soon as its more... mystical properties were discovered. This mineral was known as Idiun, and it was rather abundant. When a specific frequency of beta wave magic was applied to them, Idiun would release an incredible amount of kinetic energy, either destroying itself or accelerating at incredible speeds, depending on the joules applied to it.

Through this, you can probably imagine what the people of the world began using them as. Albeit, idiun in of itself when found naturally in the world is dangerous enough, as it absorbs 'life energy' and converts it into mass. A thousand or so years later, a refining process was developed and improved upon that could force idiun to go into a 'dormancy' state, making it relatively safe for handling. Idiun is one of many magical elements I wanted to develop for this world that helped shape the societies of the current age.

This is an old, old world, though. I haven't touched upon it in forever.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.