Character Respond, Answer, Ask (March Edition)

• Happy March!

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's the last question from the previous month: If you could have a pet, what would it be? If you have a pet, what is it?

• Carrying over from the last thread:
    @typical_demigod

Ceamath: frowns I'm starting to think you have no idea why I said that in the first place.

Considering that it's been apparently 22 days since my last CRAA response, I really haven't the foggiest either. My memory's awful xD

Cat is less likely to maul me, from what I understand.

True, but to Fallon, Honey Badgers are Just Too Cool [tm] to not be her favourite ;P

D:
    If he isn't allowed to be able to have greater control over this by the time the novel ends I will be extremely saddened. Put that on your list of things the plot needs to cover. :|

winks and scribbles in the notebook

The whole 'Haunted House' answer: so...what I'm getting from this...is that absolutely none of you would be the least bit concerned by ominous scraping and footsteps?
    ...And also that Id'en can pick the lock. That part's essential nods

Q: If you could have a pet, what would it be? If you have a pet, what is it?
    Izzy: (bounces up and down) I've already talked about Oreo before, but this time I brought her with me! (holds aloft a confused Spaniel puppy a la The Lion King)
    Fallon: (in sheer delight) Can I pet her?!
    Izzy: Of course! :D
    Fallon: (snuggles the puppy and tickles her chin) Da's been talking about getting a dog for a while, but it depends on if we can afford one. It'd be nice to have a wee pupper running around :3
    Alex: (holds Wilbur protectively) Or a cat.
    Fallon: Neesh is allergic.
    Alex: Oh......... (continues petting Wilbur)
    Jenna: Lizards.
    Jake: (sighs as if they've had this conversation before) Why lizards, Jen?
    Jenna: Lizards are the best pet.
    Shaan: Don't they cost a lot? And need a lot of expensive stuff?
    Jenna: ...Lizards.
    Jake: (to Shaan) I will never understand her reptile obbsession.
    Jenna: (narrows eyes)
    Shaan: (shrugs) I'd have a few hamsters, but...yeah, we already talked about that.
    Jake: ...Having a dog'd be pretty sick, though :o
    Shaan: I don't think the fam would be happy with a dog. Cat, maybe, but not a dog.
    Alex: (stroking Wilbur melodramatically) Welcome to Team Cat.
    Shaan: Actually, I'm Team Hamster. But nice try, Ernst Blofeld.
    Jenna: (laughs) Sorry, I just imagined Alex bald.
    Alex: (shapeshifts) Why imagine it?
    Fallon: OH SWEET JESUS WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!
    Alex: (quirks an eyebrow) Is my bald head really that offensive?
    Fallon: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE GAWKY BASTARD WHO LOOKS LIKE SHAGGY, NOT LIKE A FUCKIN' SKELETON!
    Shaan: (leaning off to one side) ...Could you be a bit louder for the people at the back?
    Alex: Shaan's almost bald.
    Shaan: (quietly affronted; points at head) This is a normal buzzcut afro.
    Alex: I said almost.
    Shaan: o_o Okay(?)

Q: Since British weather is currently freezing everyone to death and blowing strong winds in our frozen faces, how does everyone feel about snowy climates?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 That's fair lol

winks and scribbles in the notebook

frowns in concern that I gave away too much info and now he will not be able to hold a hamster again :|

The whole 'Haunted House' answer: so...what I'm getting from this...is that absolutely none of you would be the least bit concerned by ominous scraping and footsteps?

William: I would be. :|

Arial: You're concerned about everything.

William: Shush.

Ceamath: I would be able to use the others as shields.

William: Rude.

Arial: I have martial arts. It'll be the other way around, Ceamath.

Ceamath: Are you implying you're going to forcibly use me as a shield?

Arial: shrugs You did first.

Ceamath: flat Here I thought we were friends.

William: That might be impressive to see. Given the size difference. thinking way too hard about this

Arial: How big or small someone is compared to me isn't the most important thing to me if I get in a fight with them.

Id'en: I'm going to be honest, if I'm in a position where I'm encountering ominous footsteps and scraping, I have bigger things to be concerned about.

Adaellae: shrugs I guess I'll have to wait for it to happen to find out and see then.

William: Why would you...? Never mind. :/

Izzy: (bounces up and down) I've already talked about Oreo before, but this time I brought her with me! (holds aloft a confused Spaniel puppy a la The Lion King)

Best decision I've seen made all day. nods

The setup cost and then maintenance for most animals is usually expensive though. You just see it different places depending on what animal you get. :P

Fallon: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE GAWKY BASTARD WHO LOOKS LIKE SHAGGY, NOT LIKE A FUCKIN' SKELETON!

lol

Q: Since British weather is currently freezing everyone to death and blowing strong winds in our frozen faces, how does everyone feel about snowy climates?

William: I only like it if I have someone to cuddle with and we can tell stories. nods

Arial: I hate it. Besides, you can cuddle with people and tell stories even if it's not cold. shrugs

William: You're not allowed to invalidate my favorite memories :|

Arial: Sorry?

William: You should be >.>

Arial: isn't sure if she should be apologetic, inquisitive, or confused

Ceamath: I would say I'm neutral, but I don't know if I've ever been in a snowy climate. It snowed a few times in the winter when I was a child, but it wasn't snowy, if you know what I mean.

Adaellae: All of those things make me nostalgic. And yes, I agree that snow days are the best days to cuddle with people and share stories.

William: Yes, they are. :|

Arial: How is it any different than doing it any other time of the year?

Adaellae: It's different. shrugs

Arial: raises eyebrows Okay. I'll.... take your word for it, I guess?

William: Thank you. :|

Arial: :/

Id'en: I suppose they're alright. Lessmurk is fairly cold year round, as unfortunate as that is. Barely get a summer up there.

Arial: darkly I hated that the most about Lessmurk. :|

Ceamath: Geez. What did Lessmurk do to you?

Arial: Huh? Nothing. I have good memories of Lessmurk. I just hate that it was always cold. How are you supposed to have a horse race if you're going to get frostbite by participating? You aren't. huffs

Id'en: People did races all the time?

Arial: And they got frostbite.

Id'en: No?

William: What did the cold do to you, Arial? ._.

Arial: It existed.

Ceamath: raises eyebrow and looks vaguely amused Harsh.

Q: Would you like to cuddle with someone and share stories on a cold evening? Or... any evening?

• Hello again. Sorry about my absence. I've been... Having issues with some of these people lately.

Johanna: :|

Yes, you. >.>

But I'mma try and answer some questions and see if that helps me resent them a little bit less. :P

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Johanna: "So cute." o.o

Jenna: Lizards.
    Jake: (sighs as if they've had this conversation before) Why lizards, Jen?
    Jenna: Lizards are the best pet.
    Jenna: ...Lizards.

I feel that Jenna makes a good point. shrugs

@typical_demigod

Arial: How big or small someone is compared to me isn't the most important thing to me if I get in a fight with them.

Johanna: Pushes Gabrielle forward

Gabrielle: "I'm not fighting her just because you want to see it." :|

Johanna: "Please?"

Gabrielle: "No." :|

William: What did the cold do to you, Arial? ._.
    Arial: It existed.

Kyle: "This. I agree with this. Very much."

Sebastian: "We're all fed up with knowing how much you hate the cold by now."

Kyle: "Well, I'm not fed up with saying how much I hate it. I really fucking hate it."

Gabrielle: Grabs Kyle by the collar and starts dragging him away "Soap."

Kyle: Flailing "No... No, no, no, no..."

Gabrielle: "Yes."

Q: If you could have a pet, what would it be? If you have a pet, what is it?

Gabrielle: "A bat."

Jo: "Where!?" o.o

Gabrielle: "Nowhere. But if I were to have a pet..."

Jo: "No."

Gabrielle: "Bats are lovely." :|

Jo: "No." frown

Gerald: "I think a cat. Cats mind their own business and I appreciate that."

Jo: "All of them." >.>

Sebastian: "I don't know. I'd like a dog, maybe."

Kyle: "I don't know. I've never met many pets and I'm not sure if I'd like to commit to one based solely on my idealized notion of what having a pet is like. That sounds awfully irresponsible."

Sebastian: flinches "Do you really need that much deliberation to figure out if you'd want a dog?"

Kyle: "It's a living creature. Yes." >.>

Dani: "I'd like having a puppy, maybe. I mean, it's a lot of responsibility, but dogs are just the best."

Lena: "I'd like a bird, maybe."

Dani: "You're constantly saying birds are jerks. Why do you want one."

Lena: "They are jerks but they are highly intelligent creatures and I respect them." >.>

Dani: "Well, if you think you could have one as a pet based on mutual respect, then... Okay." snorts

Lena: "I would hope so."

Eldric: "I already said I used to want a hawk, but now I'm not sure I want one because training them is pretty tough and I don't have that much time."

Lena: "Your lack of commitment continues to be your most starking trait, huh?"

Eldric: "...Ouch. Why?"

Lena: "I have a headache."

Eldric: "You always have headaches."

Lena: "Yes, but some days are just... One of those. You know?" smiles

Eldric: "Mhm. And nothing else is prompting this?"

Lena: "Nope." continues to smile

Eldric: "I don't believe you. What did I do?"

Lena: raises eyebrow "Do you think you've done something?"

Eldric: "..."

Dani: whispers "Ruuun..."

Eldric: "I think I'm supposed to be assisting on a training session today. Let me go check." leaves as quickly as humanly possible

Emmett: "Are you even mad at him?"

Lena: "Not really. I just saw an opening and took it." grins

Emmett: "You're terrifying."

Lena: "Thank you." :)

Emmett: "That wasn't... Never mind. I'd like to have a cat, maybe."

Q: Would you like to cuddle with someone and share stories on a cold evening? Or... any evening?

Gabrielle: "...Not particularly."

Gerald: "Usually, I might enjoy that. Right this instant I'm inclined to say no."

Jo: frowns

Kyle: mutters under his breath

Sebastian: pretends to read a book

Gabrielle: "Twins' sake." Rubs temples

Oh good, you're still at it then. :|

Jo: >.>

Gerald: "Look... At this point, I'm sorry, but I don't trust this one not to pull something while I'm distracted. So no. We won't be reading together anytime soon." :|

Jo: "I wasn't trying to...!" Huffs "Fine!" Storms off

Gabrielle: "Maybe saying you don't trust her was a bit harsh, Tucker."

Gerald: snorts "Maybe, but I have my reasons." :|

Kyle: "ANYWAY..." coughs "I like stories, but I don't know about cuddling." :|

Sebastian: "I wouldn't mind that with someone I know and trust well enough." shrugs "Seems nice."

Dani: "I do that with Sarah sometimes." Shrugs "Unless you mean as a romantic kind of thing. Then... No? I don't know. Maybe one day." kinda flustered right now

Lena: "I would possibly like that, yes."

Eldric: "Not right now." o.o

Lena: "I was just messing with you, you realize that?"

Eldric: "I don't trust you right this instant."

Lena: Snorts "Okay. That might be fair."

Emmett: "Quite honestly, I can think of better things to do than stories." >.>

Sarah: "Like what?"

Emmett: "..."

Dani: "Yes, Emmett, like that whaaat?"

Emmett: "Singing songs. Singing songs is a nice thing to do with someone on a cold evening. Or any evening."

Sarah: "That's true. I don't know it's better though." Seems to think about this

Emmett: "Heh. To each their own I think." >.>

Q: Is there anything you heard as a child that you didn't quite understand until you were older?

• @Blackbird Are you feeling any less resentful?

Johanna: Pushes Gabrielle forward
    Gabrielle: "I'm not fighting her just because you want to see it." :|
    Johanna: "Please?"
    Gabrielle: "No." :|

Arial: I am also not willing to fight this woman so you can see it. :/

Kyle: "This. I agree with this. Very much."
    Sebastian: "We're all fed up with knowing how much you hate the cold by now."
    Kyle: "Well, I'm not fed up with saying how much I hate it. I really fucking hate it."
    Gabrielle: "Yes."

Arial: I would say something about your support, but I'm not sure children should be swearing. :|

this is totally random but I had a conversation with someone and it reminded me that I, too, hate the cold >.>

Gabrielle: "A bat."

I don't remember if you've said, but what would you name this bat?

Lena: "They are jerks but they are highly intelligent creatures and I respect them." >.>

This is fair.

Gerald: "Usually, I might enjoy that. Right this instant I'm inclined to say no."
    Jo: frowns
    Kyle: mutters under his breath
    Sebastian: pretends to read a book
    Gabrielle: "Twins' sake." Rubs temples
    Oh good, you're still at it then. :|
    Jo: >.>

This is unreasonably amusing to me.

Emmett: "Quite honestly, I can think of better things to do than stories." >.>
    Sarah: "Like what?"
    Emmett: "..."
    Dani: "Yes, Emmett, like that whaaat?"
    Emmett: "Singing songs. Singing songs is a nice thing to do with someone on a cold evening. Or any evening."
    Sarah: "That's true. I don't know it's better though." Seems to think about this

Adaellae: You never know. I wouldn't say it's uncommon for my evenings to lead to... singing. shrug

Ceamath: You don't think that's a bit much information?

Adaellae: raises brow Yet no one has commented when you give out similar information.

William: You're going to confuse this child :/

Adaellae: The point is, how people feel about singing is highly personal. Clearly.

Ceamath: It depends who's talking about it, really.

Q: Is there anything you heard as a child that you didn't quite understand until you were older?

Arial: My mom used to give long winded explanations about why it was so important to pay attention to the weather. I kind of spaced out quickly though.

William: I'm sure you lost a lot of valuable information doing that, too. :/

Ceamath: The weather really isn't... that important? Besides using it to know what to wear and whether or not your hair will frizz.

William: That's definitely not how I interpret weather.

Arial: The only time I care about weather is if it looks like it might snow. Then I fast and pray that it doesn't snow. >.>

Adaellae: That's shameful.

William: It's too bad Maim doesn't have anything to do with weather or you could compete in prayer with her :/

Adaellae: She has heathen gods anyway.

Arial: I'm going to pretend not to be offended.

Adaellae: shrugs

Ceamath: My father told me money doesn't buy happiness.

William: All things considered, he was probably right.

Ceamath: I do still have money, though.

Adaellae: Well, my mother told me that the only person who would like to associate with me was a flaming ass.

Arial: Someone told me that when I turned down their advances. looks vaguely amused

Adaellae: I didn't understand at the time, young child that I was, and I asked why no one had put out the flames. :|

Ceamath: snorts

Id'en: When I was a child, there was an argument at the dinner table about whether johns should be arrested or not. Well, it was a conversation; it devolved quickly when my uncle turned out to be one himself. For all the things and words I learned that day, there are many that took me years to fully understand. >.<

Adaellae: facepalm

Id'en: More or less, yes.

Q: Do you/Would you like coloring books?

• @typical_demigod

Adaellae: Well, my mother told me that the only person who would like to associate with me was a flaming ass.

Arial: Someone told me that when I turned down their advances. looks vaguely amused

Adaellae: I didn't understand at the time, young child that I was, and I asked why no one had put out the flames. :|

I love Adaellae's spunk. Shes so fun

Puck: Coloring books? Never tried it. I'm up for anything, except for a dinner date with Helom

Finley: That was one time, and besides it wasn't like she wanted it either. The two of you were on a mission, captains orders, nothing else you could have done

Puck: She threw dinner at me not even 10 minutes in! And she's an android her aims good, I should know, I built her!

Finley: Only you would manage to piss of the most highly advanced tech in our arsenal in under 10 minutes. But wasn't the question about coloring books? You've seriously never done it before? I mean Gods above I know you're Terran but this is ridiculous. Coloring books are from Terra!

Puck: Just because I'm Terran, doesn't mean I know everything about Terra you mad woman! Besides the captain probably doesn't know either!

Finley: Well she's a Titan, she doesn't have to. There's no real reason for her to have ever picked up a coloring book

Puck: ....

Puck: I see your point

Puck: But what about Helo-, well she wouldn't have either would she

Finley: How would I know, you're the engineer, you built her

Finley: I'm weapons I don't do machines

Puck: blank stare How do you not you machines IF YOU WORK WITH WEAPONS? WEAPONS ARE ALMOST ALL MACHINE NOWADAYS!

Puck: Also if you bring up the color books one more time I swear I'll-

Finley: OK! Moving on, Question: Is the word Caramel pronounced Car-a-mel, Care-a-mel or Car-mul?

Puck: How is that any better?

• @typical_demigod

Arial: I have martial arts. It'll be the other way around, Ceamath.
    Ceamath: Are you implying you're going to forcibly use me as a shield?

Fallon: (vaguely amused) Ceamath, if Arial knows martial arts it might be more than that.
    Shaan: What do you mean?
    Fallon: (shrugs) Depends on the discipline, really. If she's doing something like Aikido—(at Shaan's slight frown) the one I told you to check out, by the way—then she might just throw Ceamath at whatever's making the racket.
    Shaan: Wouldn't that hurt?
    Fallon: Depends again, like if you're good enough at Aikido throws that you can do it without hurting them...or if you're arsed about safety.
    Shaan: (frown deepens) How can you throw someone without hurting them?
    Fallon: Dunnae ask me, this bitch does muay Thai—we're all about smacking people in the face with our elbows.

Makes sense about animal maintenance, I imagined that because reptiles tend to eat things like insects and mice that it'd be more costly to purchase those things, not to mention a tank roomy enough for them to live in and heaters to keep their coldblooded bodies warm.

Arial: isn't sure if she should be apologetic, inquisitive, or confused

is equally puzzled and curious

@Blackbird Hey, no problem, take your time if you need to ^_^

Johanna: "So cute." o.o

Alex: (jokingly) Izzy, or the puppy?
    Izzy: (folds arms) She means the puppy.
    Jake: Does she? Seems a bit vague to me :P
    Alex: So what're you saying?
    Jake: Both, obviously.
    Izzy: >:3 There are very few things cuter than Oreo. I'm not one of them, so shush, you.
    Jake: (glances at Alex) Do you wanna say it, or me?
    Alex: After you, Fuse Plug.
    Jake: Buh-buh-buh-buh-buuuuuuh~
    Alex: (slightly offkey) Buh-buh-buh-buh-buuuuuuh~
    Together: Buh-buh-buh-buh-bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit~
    Jenna: (glances at Izzy) They just did the barber shop duo act on you, at this point you might as well give up and accept defeat.

I feel that Jenna makes a good point. shrugs

Jenna: Exactly! (nods firmly)

Fallon: FUCK!
    Jake: BASTARD!
    Fallon: WANKSTAIN!
    Jake: TWAT!
    Shaan: (quirks eyebrow) I can't believe you two still do this.
    Fallon: Why, do you not have any cusses?
    Shaan: (sighs deeply, before proceeding to casually list off a bunch of Turkish and Somali expletives)
    Jake: (blinking) I think I've heard some of those before. Like sikmek...?
    Shaan: Yup, that's 'fuck'.
    Jake: Sikmek.
    Shaan: If you're just saying 'fuck' and not 'I fuck this person', it's siktir.
    Jake: Ohhhhh, I thought that was familiar! Mum either says that or gamó... (pauses) Saying that, Mum swears a lot.
    Jenna: (wryly) Not that she'd acknowledge that. A while back, she dropped a plate and I swear I heard her cussing till she was blue from our room.
    Jake: (snerks)

@typical_demigod

Arial: I would say something about your support, but I'm not sure children should be swearing. :|

Jake & Fallon: (inhale)
    Alex: We get it. Fuck the establishment, we'll eff and jeff till we're fucking blind and all that shit.
    Izzy: Wow, rude.
    Fallon: Not as rude as his face.
    Alex: (with a smile) For an oldie, you're an immature little shit.
    Fallon: (sticks her tongue out) Fuck off.
    Alex: (flips her off) Fuck yourself.
    Izzy: Stop effing swearing, you made your point.
    Everyone: O_O
    Jake: (in a hushed whisper) Izzy swore! :O
    Izzy: I did not!
    Jake: Yes you diiiiiiiiiid~
    Izzy: I didn't.
    Jenna: Jake, don't tease her.
    Jake: But she did, though!
    Jenna: Regardless, stop.
    Jake: (grins) O-fucking-kay ^_^

Id'en: When I was a child, there was an argument at the dinner table about whether johns should be arrested or not. Well, it was a conversation; it devolved quickly when my uncle turned out to be one himself. For all the things and words I learned that day, there are many that took me years to fully understand. >.<

Not gonna lie, I thought Id'en was going to say something about wondering why people called John should be arrested. Because that's exactly what I would've done xD

@Sunny
    So, are Titans an alien race in your story, or something else? Colour me intrigued :P

Puck: Just because I'm Terran, doesn't mean I know everything about Terra you mad woman!

Jenna: You know, that's only just occured to me—if we barely understand everything about Earth and being human, imagine how confused the tremisians must be.
    Jake: (smirks) They must think we're insane.
    Jenna: Coming from the boy who outflew the US Air Force, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
    Jake: (smugly) That was fun.
    Jenna: Hang on—
    Fallon: (stops Jenna; to Jake) The fuck are you on about? We could hear you bricking it from a mile away!
    Jake: ...................
    Jenna: ...Not to mention the smell.
    Jake: ...................................... (corner of his mouth twitches; the lights flicker) Oh, Jenny, what would I do without you?
    Jenna: .-.
    Jake: c:

Question: Is the word Caramel pronounced Car-a-mel, Care-a-mel or Car-mul?
    Fallon: Car-a-mel.
    Shaan: Car-a-mel.
    Alex: Car-a-mel.
    Jake: Car-a-mel.
    Jenna: I've heard too many different pronunciations for the word, but for the sake of this question it's car-a-mel.
    Izzy: Care-a-mel.
    Jenna: ????????
    Izzy: (as if she's gotten this response before) We spend summers in LA.
    Alex: Ohh, that's why I couldn't tell where you were from before.
    Izzy: (sheepishly) It's easier to tell when I've come back, I get British words mixed with American ones a lot.
    Shaan: So if you accidentally said...?
    Izzy: Sidewalk, yeah.
    Shaan: Huh. Sounds weird with a London accent. Err, mostly London.
    Jake: (testing this) Sidewalk. Parking lot. (mouth wobbles) Fanny pack.
    Fallon: Jay-zuss, that is weird to hear.

Q: Are there any words you find odd or unusual to say?

• Still not feeling it much, but for the record.

@shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (March Edition):

Alex: (jokingly) Izzy, or the puppy?
    Izzy: (folds arms) She means the puppy.
    Jake: Does she? Seems a bit vague to me :P
    Alex: So what're you saying?
    Jake: Both, obviously.

Johanna: "Obviously." smiles

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Titans are both an alien race and a universal ranking if that makes sense? The first titans were the strongest, smartest and over best the universe had to offer; they all settled together and eventually created the species Titan

• @Sunny It's great to see you here!

Adaellae is a great deal of fun. I'd say she's my favorite, but all of these guys are my favorite tbh.

Puck: Coloring books? Never tried it. I'm up for anything, except for a dinner date with Helom

With the context I have, coloring, compared to a dinner date with Helom, will probably be extremely enjoyable to you. Coloring books don't throw food at you on a date, for one thing.

Also I totally thought Titan just meant they were from the moon Titan and they were all humans >.>

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Fallon: (vaguely amused) Ceamath, if Arial knows martial arts it might be more than that.
    Shaan: What do you mean?
    Fallon: (shrugs) Depends on the discipline, really. If she's doing something like Aikido—(at Shaan's slight frown) the one I told you to check out, by the way—then she might just throw Ceamath at whatever's making the racket.
    Shaan: Wouldn't that hurt?
    Fallon: Depends again, like if you're good enough at Aikido throws that you can do it without hurting them...or if you're arsed about safety.
    Shaan: (frown deepens) How can you throw someone without hurting them?
    Fallon: Dunnae ask me, this bitch does muay Thai—we're all about smacking people in the face with our elbows.

Arial: I don't know what any of these fighting styles are, but I would be willing to throw Ceamath at the trouble.

Ceamath: raises brows Can you at least do it so it doesn't hurt?

Arial: Well, no. But it would be great fun for you, I'm sure.

is equally puzzled and curious

William: why tho :|

Jake & Fallon: (inhale)
    Alex: We get it. Fuck the establishment, we'll eff and jeff till we're fucking blind and all that shit.

Arial: rolls eyes at this entire conversation

Actually, tbf, some of these peeps might be considered adults in Teslal. Hm. Maybe they are allowed to swear in her book. lol

Not gonna lie, I thought Id'en was going to say something about wondering why people called John should be arrested. Because that's exactly what I would've done xD

Id'en: Children aren't allowed to speak at the table. Anyway, it became clear what they were talking about quickly enough.

For some reason it's amusing to watch them pronounce random American words and then proclaim them weird.

Q: Is the word Caramel pronounced Car-a-mel, Care-a-mel or Car-mul?

William: I don't know that I've ever heard this word in the first place. :/

Arial: It's okay.

William: What is it?

Arial: A sweet food.

William: Huh.

Ceamath: Care-a-mel sounds the nicest.

Arial: I'm lazy. I just say car-mul. shrugs

Adaellae: Does it make a difference how you say it?

Id'en: Oh, I hate this stuff. :| Uhm. Car-mul, I guess.

William: Well, that's two votes for car-mul, so I guess I'll call it car-mul? :/

Q: Are there any words you find odd or unusual to say?

Ceamath: People that have and then actually use last names are strange, and it's odd to call someone by their last name.

Arial: looks at William

William: I don't have a last name. You just make it into a last name. rolls eyes

Arial: shrugs It's a common name. I want to make sure you aren't confused with, I don't know, mm, William the Butcher from Long's Isle.

William: It's still not a last name.

Ceamath: She just said she calls 'care-a-mel' as 'car-mul' because she was lazy. Why do you think she's going to say 'of' whenever she uses your full name?

William: That's fair, I guess.

Arial: Think of it this way; if you have children, you can call them 'of Woodsworth' too and turn it into a family last name. >.>

William: I'd rather my child, or children, I guess, were called 'of Wakegloom'. Much more interesting place than Woodsworth.

Adaellae: frowning No, I'm pretty sure that either one of those is a proper surname. It's used for identification, and it's a name which is said last.

William: I think it can't be a surname unless it's a family name. :/

Adaellae: less room for argument this time It's a proper surname, sir.

William: :/

Ceamath: You're entirely too opinionated about this.

William: :/

Id'en: Have you ever hear the word 'humongous'?

Adaellae: Sure.

Id'en: That's a weird word to say.

Adaellae: silently says the word

Id'en: No? Just me?

Adaellae: It's not me.

Id'en: Oh.

Arial: I like saying the word 'mesmerizing'. ^_^

Ceamath: It's not a terribly odd word, though.

Arial: No. But maybe a bit unusual, though. When was the last time you heard someone say it?

William: About ten seconds ago when you used it. :)

Arial: Don't mock me, Mr. Woodsworth.

William: And people say I'm condescending.

Ceamath: Oh? Who? I'd like to meet them and discuss what other poor traits you have.

William: If you don't know my poor traits by now, I have to doubt our relationship.

Ceamath: shrugs It's easy to hide poor traits. I might learn something new about you.

I've looked this up and William has a toponymic surname. Eventually, in-world, they might reach a point where they consistently don't use prepositions preceding a last name anymore (not to mention pass names on from parent to child!), but the time it takes to reach that point will be largely regional. Some parts of Teslal (esp. among the nobility) would've already reached this point. :P (what rabbit hole do you think i fell into? >.<)

Also, I want to point out that the only character that actively introduces herself with her surname is Arial. She's also the only one who actively uses other people's surnames after she learns them, and not just when clarifying who is being talked about. Tl;dr Everyone should've looked at Arial when this came up. >.>

Q: Have you ever been mesmerized by something? If so, what was it?

• Can I join in? I'm not entirely sure how this works, tho

• @theworlbitesdust

Yes you can.

And the rules are in the first post, but... To put it simply you:

Read the latest post. Respond to what the person says about their characters; doesn't need to be an elaborate response, but just... Something.

Answer the question the person left with your characters.

Leave a new question.

And there ya go.

• Oh, Okay!

N: Yes, most definately! It, was more so a he, and he was certainly a Zan.
    Zan: Yes. N.
    Alex: Um... I guess? My leather jacket, maybe.

Q: What's your favorite hobby?

• @Blackbird
    are you participating in this as well?

• @theworlbitesdust Not at the moment. I usually do, but this month I've been kind of absent.

• @Blackbird
    Aw, oh well! Why not?

• @theworlbitesdust Writer's block right now, basically.

• @Blackbird
    I know a good site called Fighter's Block that might help, if you want? It's pretty cool.

• @theworlbitesdust I appreciate, but... I have my ways of handling it. :)

• @Blackbird Coolio! Have fun with that, then!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.