Character Respond, Answer, Ask (February Edition)

• Hey, guys! February's here so, I'll be filling in for @typical_demigod and putting up the CRAA thread for the month. :)

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does he just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response to the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's the last question from the previous month: Q: Are you an oblivious sort of person?

• I'm gonna answer this with my main series cast, because I should have last month and forgot.

But after that, I'm gonna go back to my Shadows Rise cast. I really need to not have so many voices in my head at once. ^^'

Responses from the last thread:

@typical_demigod

William: bows smugly
    Ceamath: glares You're next.
    Adaellae: Sore loser?
    Arial: That was ominous. o.O

Look, sometimes saying the obvious thing under the right circumstances can be very effective. Context is key. shrug

Use a bow and arrow? It would have to be from a short distance away but it's close, right?

Annie: "I'm not good enough with a bow and arrow to hit someone's eye even at close range. Besides, I think it wouldn't technically count as a stabbing."

Ceamath: to Adaellae Who actually wants to sleep with you?
    Adaellae: My suitor?
    Ceamath: How did you even get one of those?

Wasn't everyone previously very surprised Adaellae didn't get hit on enough? She's either desirable or not. Geez. :P

Q: Are you an oblivious sort of person?

Crys: "Other than the obvious fact I literally can't see a thing in front of my face... No. I tend not to be."

Jake: "Most people don't realize she's blind. And sometimes they straight up forget."

Crys: "If I ask someone a yes or no question, nine out of ten times they will nod and then we'll both stand there in uncomfortable silence until they realize there's no way I could have gotten that. It's... Kind of amusing."

Jake: "You have entirely too much patience."

Crys: "With the company I keep, I need to." :)

Jake: "I'm gonna assume you're talking about Evin."

Crys: chuckle "If it helps."

Jake: "I'm usually an observant person, but when it comes to people I care about I can be a little... Hmph..."

Crys: "Stupid."

Jake: "Yes." >.>

Ali: "I've... Been called that."

Crys: "To be fair, I'm not so sure anymore if you're oblivious to things or if you just pretend to be so you don't have to deal with it." ^.-

Ali: "And you likely never will." :)

Annie: "When it comes to personal things, I can be." pause "I think it took me entirely too long to realize why Darren kept hanging around all the time."

Luckas: "I figured it out before you did. Me."

Annie: "Yes." -.-

Dastan: "Heh. I'm not as oblivious as people will assume I am."

Indrani: "That's true. And there have been people in our clan who discovered this in less than pleasant ways."

Dastan: "We have laws for a reason." shrug

Indrani: "I'm not oblivious. I can't afford to be."

Sean: "No." shrug

Katelyn: "Sometimes?"

Q: Have you ever played dumb about something just because you didn't want to deal with it?

• @Blackbird

Annie: "I'm not good enough with a bow and arrow to hit someone's eye even at close range. Besides, I think it wouldn't technically count as a stabbing."

Probably not, no, but her eyeball is still being impaled :P

Wasn't everyone previously very surprised Adaellae didn't get hit on enough? She's either desirable or not. Geez. :P

Ceamath: There's no reason people wouldn't try flirting with the most powerful woman in Wakegloom, if you ask me, but actually be a faithful lover? That sounds fake, for more reason than one.

William: Isn't that how the king got his current wife?

Adaellae: I've never met either the king or his wife. And if it helps you make sense of the situation, Ceamath, we've been together long before I was High Priestess.

Ceamath: That poor soul. Dealing with you for five years. shakes head

Adaellae: :| Eight.

Ceamath: That's worse.

William: At least you have your life figured out :/

Adaeallae: Thank you.

Ceamath: Don't take her side. We both know that people might think it's a good idea to flirt with the powerful lady, but with her personality, none of them would stick around.

William: You say that, but I'm pretty certain that's how the king has his current wife.

Arial: Or she was forced into the marriage by the powers that be shrugs

Id'en: Either way, she should've murdered him by now.

Everyone:

Id'en: ...

Arial: I'm pretty sure that counts as treason, but I'm going to let it slide.

Jake: "I'm usually an observant person, but when it comes to people I care about I can be a little... Hmph..."
    Crys: "Stupid."

William: shrugs That's typical in a lot of cases, I think.

But after that, I'm gonna go back to my Shadows Rise cast. I really need to not have so many voices in my head at once. ^^'

Sorry main series cast, but this is deeply pleasing to me.

Q: Have you ever played dumb about something just because you didn't want to deal with it?

Arial: Once I pretended I didn't know how to milk goats because I didn't want to deal with it.

William: Before or after the milk thing?

Arial: Why do you remember that? -.-

Ceamath: No, this is a good question.

Arial: I don't remember, honestly, but the point is, goats are assholes and I don't like being around them.

William: That's saying a lot, coming from you.

Arial: Yes, well. They broke my brother's arm when he was four... which was more of our cousin's fault for letting him near them, but anyway... and they broke my best friend's shoulder and ribs as well.

Ceamath: Didn't you people teach proper goat handling?

William: That seems like an unfortunate series of events :/

Arial: No one knows the exact circumstances about my brother, but my friend was very clear she was handling it properly.

Ceamath: Were there any witnesses?

Arial: Look. pauses for emphasis Goats are bastards.

William: I don't know if I've ever met a goat, but I'm going to trust Arial.

Arial: Thank you. :|

William: One time, I pretended I didn't know how to read so I didn't have to acknowledge the crap someone wrote about me on a piece of paper.

Ceamath: I want more details.

William: I don't remember what it said, I just remember pretending I couldn't read so that they didn't have the pleasure of my reaction.

Ceamath: mildly disappointed

Arial: Once I pretended I could read in front of this lord so that I didn't look dumb.

Ceamath: How'd that go?

Arial: ...I was holding it upside down >.>

William: pats shoulder

Arial: He didn't make a big deal about it, but...

William: It's okay. This is a judgement free zone.

Adaellae: raises eyebrow

Ceamath: You're not allowed in it.

William: That's not how it works, Ceamath.

Adaellae: I'm feeling rather discriminated.

William: Judgement free zone means you two have to stop being at each other's throats. So. Both of you are in it.

Ceamath: aghast

Adaellae: Hm.

Arial: This means they have to murder each other outside. pauses; nods Good. I don't have to worry about getting blood out of my clothes or doing the morally correct thing and preventing them from arguing and eventually murdering each other.

Adaellae: I question whether you should be in the position you are in.

William: Judgement. Free. Zone.

Id'en: Once I pretended I didn't know my friend's name so I didn't get in trouble.

Adaellae: And they remained your friend?

Id'en: Well, she didn't know that I pretended I didn't know her name. And I still got disciplined about it.

Adaellae: What did she do?

Id'en: We. Uh. Stole some of her father's wine collection.

Ceamath: Once, I pretended I didn't know how broken bones worked so I could pretend that I was allowed to still do things outside of my bed.

William: ?

Ceamath: Sadly, it only lasted a moment. Then I was in pain because my bones were still broken.

William: You were a stupid child.

Ceamath: I thought this was a judgement free zone.

William: I'm not judging, I'm stating a fact. You were a stupid child.

Ceamath: Like it's a fact that Adaellae is a --

Adaellae: Once I pretended I couldn't hear Ceamath's voice just because I didn't want to do it.

Ceamath: You're so childish.

Adaellae: Whenever she spoke, I thought I felt something, like maybe a breeze or the scream of a small child tortured by her existence.

Ceamath: I don't think I've ever encountered a small child that wasn't trying to pick my pocket and, yes, I will absolutely smack that child. :|

William: That's unacceptable.

Ceamath: Not hard, but I'm not going to let them run off with my hard earned coin, either.

William: I don't know why you'd even keep money in your pocket. You deserve to have it stolen.

Arial: Where do you put yours?

William: I'm not telling that, but I don't tend to carry money unless I know I'm buying something anyway.

Ceamath: What if you have the sudden urge to buy something?

William: I come back later.

Ceamath: What if it's gone?

William: shrugs Then it wasn't meant to be.

Ceamath: raises eyebrow

Q: If someone told you to draw a picture and gave you the tools to do so, what would you make?

• crawls out of hell Hi again, it me. Seeing as I've been in a good enough writing mood to do some worldbuilding, I might just rise from my grave and answer CRAA for the first time in forever :)

@Blackbird

Crys: "If I ask someone a yes or no question, nine out of ten times they will nod and then we'll both stand there in uncomfortable silence until they realize there's no way I could have gotten that. It's... Kind of amusing."

...I feel like that's something I'd do by accident :3
    To be fair, I'm running on not-enough-sleep as usual, so I wouldn't be particularly surprised if I did.

@typical_demigod

Evidently, I have been away far too long to understand what's going on, even with the preceding quote for conext. I'll just assume there's a reasonable explanation and leave it at that xD

Arial: I don't remember, honestly, but the point is, goats are assholes and I don't like being around them.

Yes, yes they are folds arms and squints with suspicion

William: That seems like an unfortunate series of events :/

Lemony Snicket: Indeed... scribbles some notes down and disappears

Q: If someone told you to draw a picture and gave you the tools to do so, what would you make?
    Shaan: I would draw... (ponders) I would draw everyone from memories I have of them. Mum and Dad holding hands, Rey and Ayaan throwing headscarves around the house, Dev poking a worm with a stick... (smiles) Jake's is definitely crashing through that window.
    Jake: (throws his hands up, bemused) Why'm I crashing through the window?
    Fallon: 'Cause that's what you did, you bampot. (rolls eyes) I'd draw a pig. One of those wee micropigs old ladies and Geordie toffs keep as pets, 'cause they're cute as fuck.
    Jenna: Funny, I remember hearing about an old test businesses used to use for job interviews where you had to draw a pig, and apparently that would tell you about their personality. If you ask me, though, that seems ridiculous.
    Fallon: Okay, I'll get a pen and paper, and you can tell me what kind of personality I got, deal?
    Jenna: (sighs) If you want. (as Fallon fetches the things) I don't have an awful lot of artistic talent, but I'd do a flower. Maybe lilies.
    Izzy: Flowers sound nice, I'll draw a rose and Oreo ^-^ Wait, I'll draw Oreo in a basket of roses! Wait, Oreo, in a basket of roses, with a milkshake! :D
    Alex: That's...ambitious.
    Izzy: Can't be that hard, though. What about you?
    Alex: I'm in the mood for drawing some old videogame characters, so... probably Ezio from Assassin's Creed.
    Jenna: (raises eyebrow) And a puppy in a basket of roses is ambitious?
    Izzy: With a milkshake!
    Jenna: With a milkshake.
    Alex: (sighs) It's literally a guy in a hood that covers his face, you don't need to do anything crazy there. (mumbles) I'm better at fanfic anyway.
    Jake: Uhh, what would I draw? (frowns) Seriously, guys, I don't know xD
    Shaan: (hums) What about... a guitar?
    Jake: (tilts head) Not everything I do is about guitars. How about, lemme think... a cat? Or a dragon?
    Jenna: I've got an idea.
    Jake: Yeah?
    Jenna: You in a Batman costume.
    Jake: Pfft, y'what?
    Jenna: I mean, Batman crashes through windows all the time...
    Jake: (rolls his eyes)

Q: Would you rather let another person[s] down, or would you rather be let down yourself?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (February Edition):

Annie: "Fair enough."

Luckas: "You do realize that impaling someone's eye in any circumstance is a severe violation of your vows, right?"

Annie: "If that bitch is ever in my presence again after everything she's done to you and others I care about, I will gladly give up my position for a chance to utterly destroy her fucking face." >.<

Luckas: takes several steps back "Okay." pause "You're still probably too short to..."

Annie: "Luckas, don't fucking test me right now!"

Luckas: runs

(Annie + cursing = run for your life :| )

Id'en: Either way, she should've murdered him by now.
    Everyone:
    Id'en: ...
    Arial: I'm pretty sure that counts as treason, but I'm going to let it slide.

It is a judgment free zone. I mean. >.>

I agree with Arial that goats are assholes.

Gerald: "Yes, I also agree." >.>

Gabrielle: "One day you're going to tell me what your trauma about goats is, Tucker."

Gerald: "I met one. That's all you need, really."

Ceamath: I thought this was a judgement free zone.
    William: I'm not judging, I'm stating a fact. You were a stupid child.
    Ceamath: Like it's a fact that Adaellae is a --
    Adaellae: Once I pretended I couldn't hear Ceamath's voice just because I didn't want to do it.
    Ceamath: You're so childish.
    Adaellae: Whenever she spoke, I thought I felt something, like maybe a breeze or the scream of a small child tortured by her existence.

Gabrielle: "And I thought these two were bad." points at Jo and Gerald

Sebastian: "Are you just calling them childish or are you implying that they also need to admit some feelings for each other?"

Gabrielle: "I was calling them childish. Whether or not they need to get a room is entirely not my business." :|

William: I don't know why you'd even keep money in your pocket. You deserve to have it stolen.

Gabrielle: "Jo said this to me once." chuckle

Johanna: shrug "It's the truth."

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Heys, dude! It's nice to see you back! :D

Izzy: Flowers sound nice, I'll draw a rose and Oreo ^-^ Wait, I'll draw Oreo in a basket of roses! Wait, Oreo, in a basket of roses, with a milkshake! :D

Lena: "Those roses better not have thorns left in them. Or poor Oreo."

Dani: "Why would you say that?" -.-

Lena: "Because rose thorns hurt and no person or dog should be subjected to them." :|

Dani: "Its a picture. She'd have to choose to draw thorns on the roses and why would she do that?"

Lena: "Okay. That's true." pause "But in a real life situation, don't put your dog in a basket of roses." :|

Dani: facepalm

So... What about Fallon's pig analysis? I'm curious. :P

Gabrielle: "A tree. That sounds easy enough." draws a tree

Johanna: "I like that it's purple."

Gabrielle: "It is?" :|

Johanna: "..."

(^personal experience >.>)

Gerald: "Oh... Hm..." doesn't know how to answer this without giving away what he actually draws in his spare time "Uhm... I don't know."

Johanna: gives questioning look

Gerald: :|

Johanna: "I'd try to draw a cat." shrug "I'm not good at drawing."

Gabrielle: "Tucker could help you."

Gerald: "I'm not good, either."

Gabrielle: "...Sure."

(Gerald is very good. The liar. >.>)

Sebastian: "A rose."

Kyle: "..." frowns

Dani: "Oh, geez, I'm not good at drawing. Do stick people count?"

Lena: "I think you portrayed your own hanging quite accurately in stick-doodles that time mom grounded you and you drew on the ceiling."

Dani: "Thank you. I worked really hard on that." nods

Sarah: "I would draw a pony."

Lena: "I would draw a bird. I like birds." :)

Eldric: "I'd draw a house." shrug

Emmett: "If I was really good at it, which sadly I'm not, I'd try to draw my mom."

collective stare

Emmett: "What? I would. I miss her." >.>

Lena: "That was uncharacteristically serious of you."

Emmett: "I can't be comic relief all the time." shrug

Q: Would you rather let another person[s] down, or would you rather be let down yourself?

Gabrielle: "If I have to choose, then the latter. But realistically speaking, the first has happened more often."

Gerald: "I second that."

Johanna: "Let people down." pause "I'm used to it."

Gerald: "You don't let people down." :|

Johanna: forces a smile and shrugs

Sebastian: "I'm with Porter on this." shrug

Dani: nervous laughter "I can't afford to let anyone down."

Lena: "Breathe."

Dani: "I'm trying." :|

Lena: "Honestly, I think I've let enough people down at this point that I'm immune to it. So I'd go with that."

Sarah: "What do you mean?"

Lena: smiles "Nothing you need to worry about, kiddo."

Eldric: "My existence is a letdown." shrug "I'm past the point of caring."

Emmett: "Aren't you a ray of sunshine?"

Eldric: "Speaking of people who've let me down..."

Emmett: "You know what, fuck you. At least I try, which is more than you can say for yourself."

Eldric: "Fair enough."

Lena: "I don't think it is and that's the point you brother was trying to make, El."

Eldric: "I don't think either you or him understand the point right now."

Lena: "Meaning?"

Eldric: "Meaning that if I stand up to my father, or what-have-you, just because you keep telling me to. It still results in me doing things solely to please other people. Because Twins know it isn't going to be pleasant for me." crosses arms

Lena: sigh "I'd like to think that the fact we are, at the very least, friends would imply I'll still care about you regardless of whether you take my advice. I'd like to believe that counts for something. Apparently not."

Eldric: "It counts. It just doesn't actually help the situation, Lena." sigh "I'm just saying. Let me try to handle this however I choose to handle it for once."

Lena: "Okay."

Q: Is there a person or moment in your life you wish you had a picture/portrait of?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 What's up??? I'm glad you decided to rise from your grave XD

Evidently, I have been away far too long to understand what's going on, even with the preceding quote for conext. I'll just assume there's a reasonable explanation and leave it at that xD

That there is, that there is.

Lemony Snicket: Indeed... scribbles some notes down and disappears

I knew I could count on someone for this. >.>

Fallon: 'Cause that's what you did, you bampot. (rolls eyes) I'd draw a pig. One of those wee micropigs old ladies and Geordie toffs keep as pets, 'cause they're cute as fuck.
    Jenna: Funny, I remember hearing about an old test businesses used to use for job interviews where you had to draw a pig, and apparently that would tell you about their personality. If you ask me, though, that seems ridiculous.
    Fallon: Okay, I'll get a pen and paper, and you can tell me what kind of personality I got, deal?

We did the pig-personality thing in my psychology class XD Apparently there are people that dedicate years of study towards this topic :|

I approve of all of these drawings and expect them to be on my desk (...or email) by Monday. realizes tomorrow is Monday I hold by this.

@Blackbird If you want Annie.... I can stab her in the eye for you? I'm definitely tall enough.

Gerald: "Yes, I also agree." >.>
    Gabrielle: "One day you're going to tell me what your trauma about goats is, Tucker."
    Gerald: "I met one. That's all you need, really."

Arial: nods This is true.

Gabrielle: "And I thought these two were bad." points at Jo and Gerald
    Sebastian: "Are you just calling them childish or are you implying that they also need to admit some feelings for each other?"
    Gabrielle: "I was calling them childish. Whether or not they need to get a room is entirely not my business." :|

Adaellae: I'm mildly offended by this.

Ceamath: You're probably not even good in bed.

Adaellae: ...I'm mildly offended by this, as well.

Judgement free zone. shrugs

I'm glad these peeps are back.

Arial: I always let everyone down.

William: Same for me; still, I'd rather be let down instead of disappointing someone again.

Ceamath: I'd let another person down.

Adaellae: I'd rather be the one let down. If I let someone else down, it means I've failed miserably at something. I don't want that.

Id'en: I'd rather be let down. I'm already used to it.

Q: Is there a person or moment in your life you wish you had a picture/portrait of?

Arial: My family. I don't know where I'd put this portrait, but it'd be nice to have.

Ceamath: Ooh. Tough question.

Adaellae: I wouldn't have anywhere to put it.

William: You don't have any walls to put it on? -.-

Adaellae: Well, sure, but my room is small, and anywhere else I put it, everyone would get to look at it, but not have a similar portrait to look at.

William: You just don't like pictures.

Adaellae: I wouldn't say that.

William: I would.

Adaellae: sighs Needless to say, if I was to get a portrait of a person, it would be my grandmother. She was an inspiring woman.

Id'en: That friend, the one I stole wine with. >.>

Ceamath: Perhaps I'd get a portrait of Harriet Smith.

William: Who is?

Ceamath: She's a pretty amazing bronc rider. pauses Well, she was. I heard she broke her neck falling off a roof.

William: :/

Q: When was the last time you amazed yourself?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (February Edition):

If you want Annie.... I can stab her in the eye for you? I'm definitely tall enough.

Annie: "Oh, I wouldn't ask you to do that. I mean, it's probably really dangerous." mumbles "And not nearly as satisfying." >.>

Gabrielle: "There's only one way to defend your honor here, I feel." :|

Adaellae: I'd rather be the one let down. If I let someone else down, it means I've failed miserably at something. I don't want that.

Dani: "This."

Lena: "Failure is a part of life."

Dani: "Have you learned archery yet?"

Lena: "Why are you being so mean when I'm trying to encourage you?" :|

Dani: "I'm just saying, you dislike failure as much as I do."

Lena: "Yes, but I don't dwell on it constantly. It's unhealthy." :|

Dani: >.>

Q: When was the last time you amazed yourself?

Gabrielle: does hand whistle like Gerald taught her

Gerald: "Oh, hey, Porter, you can whistle now!"

Gabrielle: "That's one of my lifelong goals taken care of." :|

Gerald: "Uhm. I don't know? I guess if I manage to actually be patient with another human being, that can be considered amazing." :/

Johanna: "Never." shrugs

Gerald: "I suggest looking at mirrors more often."

Johanna: blushes immensely "Wut."

Gerald: "I said that to mean I think you're amazing. And I wish you'd give yourself more credit."

Johanna: o.o "Wut."

Gerald: "Did I stutter?" :|

Gabrielle: "Tucker, stop trying to give the girl a heart attack." snort

Gerald: "Okay." >.>

Johanna: whispers "wut." ._.

Sebastian: "For what it's worth, I agree with Tucker on this." nods "Also, I'm frequently amazed that I somehow didn't get myself killed yet." :P

Kyle: "Same, to be honest. Although for different reasons." stares at his hands

Dani: "I'd very much like to skip this question." -.-

Lena: "It amazes me I haven't tried to strangle someone to death yet." =.=

Emmett: "I'm just straight up amazing." :P

Eldric: snort "I'm skipping it."

Q: Have you ever had a really terrible date?

• @Blackbird

Annie: "Oh, I wouldn't ask you to do that. I mean, it's probably really dangerous." mumbles "And not nearly as satisfying." >.>

That's understandable.

Gabrielle: "There's only one way to defend your honor here, I feel." :|

Adaellae: :|

Dani: "I'm just saying, you dislike failure as much as I do."
    Lena: "Yes, but I don't dwell on it constantly. It's unhealthy." :|
    Dani: >.>

Adaellae: You should probably try to dwell on it a bit less than 'constantly'. I'm speaking from personal experience here.

Johanna: "Never." shrugs
    Gerald: "I suggest looking at mirrors more often."
    Johanna: blushes immensely "Wut."
    Gerald: "I said that to mean I think you're amazing. And I wish you'd give yourself more credit."
    Johanna: o.o "Wut."
    Gerald: "Did I stutter?" :|
    Gabrielle: "Tucker, stop trying to give the girl a heart attack." snort
    Gerald: "Okay." >.>
    Johanna: whispers "wut." ._.

thumbs up

Dani: "I'd very much like to skip this question." -.-
    Eldric: snort "I'm skipping it."

Rude >.>

Q: Have you ever had a really terrible date?

Arial: Ugh. Yes.

Ceamath: Oh? Do tell.

Arial: This guy kept bugging me and I was seventeen and I didn't know how to say 'no', so I went out with him, even though I wasn't remotely interested in him, and it was terrible.

Ceamath: Hm.

Arial: It was boring and long and I was forced to stay for two hours longer than I should've been forced to.

William: Should've smacked him.

Arial: I would've gotten in trouble :|

William: Sounds worth it. shrugs

Ceamath: Once I had a date with my crush but we fell through the ice on a lake and both caught pneumonia.

William: ...

Arial: How are you alive?

William: This is why I say you were a stupid child. This right here.

Ceamath: I wasn't a child then. It was three days after my sixteenth birthday. >.>

William: That almost makes it worse.

Ceamath: How?

Adaellae: Because it means that never, in your entire life, have you been a responsible adult.

Ceamath: Sure I have. I use protection.

William: ...I was going to say because it means after sixteen years of life you still didn't know how to tell if ice was thick enough to skate on. ._.

Ceamath: points at him You got me there, darling. I certainly do not know how to tell. But in my defense, neither did my crush, who was the same age.

William: One time I broke my leg on a date.

Ceamath: Now who's the stupid child?

William: I was also an adult by now.

Arial: How'd you do it?

William: I... fell out of a tree. >.>

Arial: I thought you didn't have any trees where you lived.

William: My... great-grandfather? loved peaches, so we had some of those trees around. >.>

Arial: Fair enough.

Adaellae: I can't say I've been on a proper date, really. There was that time when I was out and.... frowns at others in her group ...But I wouldn't really consider that a date, no. :/

Id'en: I've never had a really terrible date.

Q: Do you know any jokes? If so, feel free to share them.

• @Blackbird

Lena: "Those roses better not have thorns left in them. Or poor Oreo."
    Dani: "Why would you say that?" -.-
    Lena: "Because rose thorns hurt and no person or dog should be subjected to them." :|
    Dani: "Its a picture. She'd have to choose to draw thorns on the roses and why would she do that?"
    Lena: "Okay. That's true." pause "But in a real life situation, don't put your dog in a basket of roses." :|
    Dani: facepalm

Izzy: :3 (hugs Oreo protectively) No thorns are hurting the floofball if I can help it, are they, floofy? (nuzzles Oreo, who licks her nose) Oh yes you are, you lil goof, oh yes you are!

Ahhh, Fallon's pig analysis!
    Jenna: Have you finished?
    Fallon: Aye (hands her the paper) So what's my personality?
    Jenna: (looking between the drawing and the analysis; sighs) Okay, so...let's start with the position of the pig. It's drawn...in the middle? Slightly nearer the bottom, I think. According to this, you're either a realist or a pessimist. And your pig is facing the right, which apparently means you're 'innovative and active', but prone to forgetting dates and 'may not have a strong sense of family.'
    Fallon: (raises eyebrow) I dunnae know if that's accurate or not, but alright? What's the rest of the shit?
    Jenna: (scans the page) You didn't put many details down, which supposedly means you're emotional and focus on the bigger picture. You're also a risk taker and may be prone to reckless and impulsive decisions (looks up pointedly at Fallon) That part is definitely accurate.
    Fallon: (snorts)
    Jenna: Okay, now the le—(cuts herself off, and stares at the drawing) Fallon?
    Fallon: Hm?
    Jenna: (stares blankly, eyebrow raised) You do realise that you drew five legs on this pig, don't you?
    Fallon: I have not!
    Jenna: Yes you did! Look! (pushes the picture in her face) That's five!
    Fallon: It ain't!
    Jenna: I can count, Fal, and that is five legs!
    Fallon: Fuck you, it only looks like five 'cause... (narrows gaze) Just tell me what it means.
    Jenna: (hangs her head) Well, I don't know, because it doesn't—(huffs) Whatever, it says you're secure in your beliefs and you stick to your ideals, however you're also a stubborn mare who lacks attention to detail because you refuse to acknowledge your mistakes even if it's blatantly obvious you're wrong.
    Fallon: (mirroring her blank expression) That's not what it says, is it?
    Jenna: I think you'll find I'm reading it verbatim.
    Fallon: (a gust of wind makes the papers in Jenna's hand flutter) Whatever the fuck your big fancy word meant, it isnae what you got on the sheet.
    Jenna: (gasps) No? I don't believe you. (looks at the paper again) Two more things, anyway. The size of the ears and the tail. Your ears are small but your tail's long, which means... (lowers paper and looks up, staring off at the far wall like they're in The Office) you're not a good listener... but you're intelligent.
    Fallon: HAH! Suck on that!
    Jenna: (rolls her eyes)

I take it Gabrielle's got some form of colour-blindness, then?

Gerald: "Oh... Hm..." doesn't know how to answer this without giving away what he actually draws in his spare time "Uhm... I don't know."

=_= What are you hiding, Gerald?

@typical_demigod

I knew I could count on someone for this. >.>

does a little flourish and bows Someone had to ;D

We did the pig-personality thing in my psychology class XD Apparently there are people that dedicate years of study towards this topic :|
    I approve of all of these drawings and expect them to be on my desk (...or email) by Monday. realizes tomorrow is Monday I hold by this.

But...why? Why spend years studying the symbology behind drawing a pig?

As for those drawings looks at the clock It's Tuesday xD
    (At least, as I'm writing this; it's Wednesday in less than three hours)

Adaellae: I'm mildly offended by this.

Sudden shot-firing is sudden

Arial: I always let everyone down.
    William: Same for me; still, I'd rather be let down instead of disappointing someone again.
    Ceamath: I'd let another person down.
    Id'en: I'd rather be let down. I'm already used to it.

...I was about to call everyone Negative Nancies, but then I realised that this was my question and I probably should've anticipated responses like these xD
    And Ceamath, why? :o I'm genuinely curious, though I suspect I already know the answer.

Q: Do you know any jokes? If so, feel free to share them.
    Alex: Uhh, I have one joke, but I don't know if I should share.
    Izzy: (silently peeks into Alex's mind) O_O
    Fallon: (completely oblivious) Go on.
    Izzy: Um—
    Alex: How many dead babies does it take to paint a wall?
    The Others: (shrug and shake their heads—Izzy currently has her head turned away, hand covering her face)
    Alex: Depends on how hard you throw them.
    Fallon: (snorts loudly and leans into Shaan, trying to hold back a fit of giggles) Jay-zuss Christ!
    Alex: I've got another one—
    Izzy: Actually, I wanted to tell mine next, if that's okay?
    Alex: :3 Okay.
    Izzy: (clears throat) Why do dolphins swim in salt water?
    Shaan: I don't know, why do they?
    Izzy: Because pepper water would make them sneeze! ^-^
    Jake: Awww, that one's kinda cute.
    Shaan: What do you call a gecko that makes some sick bars?
    Izzy: (groans)
    Jenna: What?
    Shaan: A rap-tile c:
    The Others: (groan loudly)
    Jake: My turn! So, Jen bet me a hundred quid that I couldn't make a car out of spaghetti, right? (pause) You should've seen the look on her face as I drove pasta. Eh! Eh?
    Izzy: (has been shaking her head) That's so bad it actually loops back around into being funny.
    Shaan: I'm gonna write that one down. (scribbles)
    Jenna: Guess it's my turn, now. Errrrr... Okay, so, a photon checks into a hotel. Bellhop asks, "You have any luggage?" And the photon says, "No, I'm travelling light."
    Alex: There was one I heard from a guy trying to hit on a girl, and he said "Hey, are you a metamorphic amphibole?" But she walked away before he could finish, so I don't know how the joke ends.
    Fallon: (snorts and rolls up her sleeves) Alright you lot, sit down and I'll tell you a story.
    (everyone goes silent)
    Fallon: Hey, Magnificent Bitch, do you mind me breaking the format a wee smidge?
    Um, I don't see why—
    Fallon: Magic. Okay, (clears throat and pulls out a piece of paper)
    Once upon a time, a mushroom and a young lass meet at a cooking class. The instructor pairs them up and instantly they cannae get along. They havnae got anything in common; he's brash and vulgar, and she's timid and wears glasses. But y'know what they say, opposites attract, and sure enough, they do.
    So they get together. The party-hard mushroom, for the first time in his life, has found someone he could see himself settling down with. Sadly, though, on the final day of cooking class, she decides that their relationship was a mistake, 'cause she's been all set up to marry this banker from some posh-ass family.
    The mushroom is heartbroken, so he turns to drink and becomes an alcoholic. His wee mushroom friends try to cheer him up, telling him it weren't meant to be; after all, she was a person, and he was a mushroom. But the mushroom gets proper steaming and raging, like, and he tells them they're all wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong! Their love was real, and he was gonnae prove it! He gets up on his barstool and tells the pub that there's no worse fate in life than living with regret, which he was gonnae have if he didnae try one last time to be with the one he loves.
    So, piss-drunk and proper lovestruck, the mushroom runs all the way to the church where the lassie's getting married, on that very same afternoon, and just as the vicar's asking if there's any objections, the mushroom comes crashing into the room crying out. The lass had been hoping the whole time he'd show up, so she takes him by the stem and they run away from the church, leaving the banker and his family behind.
    As it turned out, though, they didnae have jack shit in common after all, and they left each other. She got married to another professional-type, and he went back to being a single mushroom, gambling and constantly losing money for the rest of his life.
    But the story doesnae end there, oh no. He never stopped thinking about the young lass, so one day, many years later, he decides to ring her up. To his surprise, she picks up on the second ring. He told her he still loved her, and she told him she still loved him too.
    He started to blame himself for the way everything went, but she stopped him, told him that it didnae matter. Some things just weren't in the cards.
    “I need structure and order to feel good, you know that,” she said, and he knew she was right. “It’s not your fault you couldnae give me that, it's just not you."
    The mushroom knew deep down that she was right.
    “Really, I am at heart a very simple person,” she told him...
    “And you’re just a fun guy.”

(a very long pause)
    Fallon: So?

(another long pause)

The Others:

Alex: I hope you're fucking proud of that, you bastard.
    Fallon: (smiles smugly) Yes, yes I am.

Q: Tell us the worst joke (or jokes) that you know

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

But...why? Why spend years studying the symbology behind drawing a pig?
    As for those drawings looks at the clock It's Tuesday xD
    (At least, as I'm writing this; it's Wednesday in less than three hours)

Well, there are other stuff besides pigs. I forget the technical terminology but there are a few ways drawings can be interpreted, not just personality-wise. :P

And.... I suppose I'll accept this late turn-in >.>

Sudden shot-firing is sudden

XD Always is tbh

And Ceamath, why? :o I'm genuinely curious, though I suspect I already know the answer.

Ceamath: Oh? And what do you think the answer is, darling?

These are all terrible jokes and I approve of them all. They almost make up for me having to construct a joke post.

Alex: There was one I heard from a guy trying to hit on a girl, and he said "Hey, are you a metamorphic amphibole?" But she walked away before he could finish, so I don't know how the joke ends.

Arial: I don't know what that is, but I would've walked away, too.

Q: Tell us the worst joke (or jokes) that you know

William: What do you call a fish with no eye?

Adaellae: What?

William: A fsssh.

Ceamath: You're this close to never being allowed to speak in here again.

William: Harsh, given this is a judgement-free zone.

Arial: nods and pretends to totally get the joke

Adaellae: Well, do you know how to make holy water?

Ceamath: rolls eyes Do you boil the hell out?

Adaellae: If you'd skipped the sermon like usual, we wouldn't have had to.

Ceamath: is trying to figure out if she's been set up

Adaellae: frowns How many of you know what human bones are called?

William: quietly, to Arial I'm not sure if I should feel stupid by this question or not.

Arial: shrugs I know... I dunno. Six?

William: Well that's more than me :/

Adaellae: I was only wondering because I haven't found these jokes disappointing yet. On the contrary, they're rather humerus.

Everyone: long pause

Arial: snaps finger Hah! That's good.

Ceamath: to William What am I missing?

William: shrugs

Arial: We've only had two jokes and you told one of them, though.

Adaellae: That counts as a joke.

Arial: You've still told two of the three jokes, is my point.

Adaellae: Well, no one else is!

Ceamath: You know what the worst joke I know is?

William: What?

Ceamath: Adaellae.

Adaellae: You're such a child.

William: faceplants

Arial: There was one time we were by this graveyard and my commander said, "I bet this is a real popular graveyard. I bet people are just dying to come here."

Ceamath: That's disturbing.

Arial: I didn't say it.

William: I bet the skeletons want to date each other, but they're all with no body.

Ceamath: That's worse. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Adaellae: You told another, living human being that they were a bad joke.

Ceamath: And it was true.

Adaellae: I think both of those jokes were very humerus, in any case.

Arial: That's even funnier because... skeletons... haha...

Ceamath: You never smile at my jokes. Why are you smiling at her jokes?

Arial: They're funny. >.>

Adaellae: They say the way to a person's heart is through humor.

Ceamath: I forbid you from wooing Arial.

Arial: It's my job to tell people when they are and are not allowed to woo me, thank you.

Adaellae: I'm not interested in wooing Arial.

Arial: Anyway, we already established that Adaellae is too short.

William: Hey hey hey, Arial.

Arial: raises eyebrow

William: Why didn't the dog star laugh at the joke?

Arial: Why?

William: It was too Sirius.

Arial:

alt text

William: to Ceamath

alt text

Ceamath: ignores

Id'en: Why did the crab never share? Because he's shellfish. >.>

Let's all just ignore the fact that some of these things don't exist in world, like the letter 'i' or the constellation 'Sirius'. Though, by now you should all know that this crew is a joke in and of itself. :|

Also Ceamath is apparently in a bad mood? :P

Also those reaction gifs are what you get for getting half your jokes off of blogs for the most part, ending with Buzzfeed >.>

Q: Enough jokes! What's your favorite animal?

• @typical_demigod

Well, there are other stuff besides pigs. I forget the technical terminology but there are a few ways drawings can be interpreted, not just personality-wise. :P

googles Best I can find on the terminology is 'graphology', but that's specific to handwriting.

Ceamath: Oh? And what do you think the answer is, darling?

Answering a question with a question. scribbles this down Veeeeeery interesting...

These are all terrible jokes and I approve of them all. They almost make up for me having to construct a joke post.

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh
    You shall suffer with me >:P

Arial: I don't know what that is, but I would've walked away, too.

alt text
    Jenna: With a line like that, I don't think anyone is really surprised by that.

Adaellae: Well, do you know how to make holy water?
    Ceamath: rolls eyes Do you boil the hell out?
    Adaellae: If you'd skipped the sermon like usual, we wouldn't have had to.
    Ceamath: is trying to figure out if she's been set up

And the Ceamath-Adaellae rivalry continues...

Also, that humerus joke was perfect and all of the punsters in this thread are looking on in silent admiration ;D

Ceamath: You know what the worst joke I know is?
    William: What?
    Ceamath: Adaellae.

It's responses like that which honestly make me question Ceamath's maturity xD

Also, I love those response gifs! :D

Q: Enough jokes! (Me: sighs) What's your favorite animal?
    Fallon: A FOOKIN' HONEY BADGER, MATE!
    Alex: O_O Ooookay?
    Fallon: Honey badgers are the fucking shit, you cannae tell me otherwise.
    Alex: Not arguing with you there, but I would've gone with a cat.
    Fallon: Pfft, boring!
    Alex: =_= (strokes Wilbur)
    Jenna: Rap—Reptiles. Snakes, lizards, geckos, komodo dragons, I don't mind :)
    Shaan: I didn't know you liked reptiles?
    Jenna: I do. I want one when I'm older :3
    Shaan: They do look pretty cool, I s'pose. I think I'll go with a hamster.
    Jake: A hamster?
    Shaan: Yep. Hamsters are soft, and they don't need a lot of maintenance... (sadly) Too bad I can't hold them anymore.
    Izzy: I like elephants the most ^-^ they're always so gentle and lovely.
    Alex: Except not, because they can go on rampages.
    Izzy: :3 But that's only because humans provoke them, isn't it?
    Jake: Really? Huh...
    Alex: Citation probably needed there, though.
    Izzy: Yeah, probably.
    Jake: Oh yeah, um... I'm not sure which is my favourite—jaguars, wolves, or foxes.
    Fallon: Wolves.
    Alex: Jaguars.
    Jenna: Foxes.
    Jake: ... (snaps fingers) I forgot koalas. There. That's my answer ^-^

Q: Let's imagine you're staying overnight in an old haunted mansion with friends (or on your own, if you're feeling ballsy). The doors are locked, the windows are shut, and the chimneys are blocked. Just as it's gone dark, you all start hearing ominous scraping noises from upstairs, as well as footsteps. What do you do?

• As an addendum to my last post that I forgot to add, I just want to comment that writing in Teslal is runic for those who are curious. lol

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Answering a question with a question. scribbles this down Veeeeeery interesting...

Ceamath: frowns I'm starting to think you have no idea why I said that in the first place.

Re: Metamorphic Amphibole joke

Ceamath: I need to revise my tips for good pickup lines. As an addition, if the common population doesn't know what you're talking about when you use a line, you probably shouldn't use it.

Also, that humerus joke was perfect and all of the punsters in this thread are looking on in silent admiration ;D

Adaellae: Oh, thank you.

It's responses like that which honestly make me question Ceamath's maturity xD

Ceamath: shrugs Maturity is overrated.

Adaellae: Is that what you always say when people expect you to act like the adult you are?

Ceamath: People don't call me out on it as often as you may expect.

Adaellae: That's... impressive.

William: Well, if they offend her, they might not get to sleep with her again. shrugs

Adaellae: Is that it?

Ceamath: frowns

Fallon: Honey badgers are the fucking shit, you cannae tell me otherwise.
    Alex: Not arguing with you there, but I would've gone with a cat.
    Fallon: Pfft, boring!

Cat is less likely to maul me, from what I understand.

Shaan: Yep. Hamsters are soft, and they don't need a lot of maintenance... (sadly) Too bad I can't hold them anymore.

D:

If he isn't allowed to be able to have greater control over this by the time the novel ends I will be extremely saddened. Put that on your list of things the plot needs to cover. :|

Q: Let's imagine you're staying overnight in an old haunted mansion with friends (or on your own, if you're feeling ballsy). The doors are locked, the windows are shut, and the chimneys are blocked. Just as it's gone dark, you all start hearing ominous scraping noises from upstairs, as well as footsteps. What do you do?

Arial: Well, someone else is clearly in the mansion. If they're trying to frighten us indirectly, they're probably not very menacing.

Adaellae: How do we know the mansion is haunted? I agree; it could be someone trying to frighten us.

William: I have charms for this. I knew they'd come in use again.

Ceamath: raises brows Again?

William: Yes, again. I was haunted when I first got to Wakegloom. I'm mostly sure who the ghosts were and none of them liked me, which... is reasonable.

Ceamath: What, did you first live under the Derelict Gates?

William: ...Do any of you even believe in ghosts?

Adaellae: Yes.

Ceamath: It depends.

Arial: No.

Id'en: I believe in ghosts, but I also believe that they're trapped to objects. They can't be attached to living things, is what I mean.

William: You're both nice people, but you're excluded from the conversation. Ceamath... you're on thin ice. suspicious look

Id'en: gestures to question I can pick locks.

William: You're allowed in the conversation.

Adaellae: You can do what now?

Id'en: Pick... locks?

Adaellae: raises eyebrows You learn something new everyday, huh?

Arial: Are these ghosts with physical bodies?

Ceamath: I thought you didn't believe in ghosts.

Arial: For the sake of speculation.

William: Probably semi-physical. Otherwise, they can't push things on the ground.

Id'en: Non-physical. They're trapped in the objects.

William: Then how are they scraping?

Id'en: They're in the objects.

William: doesn't believe ghosts can be trapped to objects :|

Ceamath: Let's appease everyone and say both.

Arial: So, there's no physical ghosts?

Ceamath: You don't follow our religion and you don't believe in ghosts, so unless Adaellae believes in physical ghosts, no. As much as I love you, your opinion of what ghosts are in this mansion are invalidated.

Adaellae: I believe ghosts are bound to objects. shrugs

Arial: I'll observe you all then.

William: So I hear ominous scraping.

Id'en: And footsteps.

William: frowns

Adaellae: Well, then it's a person or a monster upstairs. There's no way it's a ghost.

William: If it's a monster, I'm staying downstairs. :/

Adaellae: That's reasonable.

William: I guess you're allowed to come back Arial.

Id'en: I can pick the locks.

Arial: Why are we in this mansion then?

Ceamath: I probably wanted to know if there was anything of worth left over >.>

Adaellae: I'm going to go find out if it's a human or a monster.

Ceamath: Hope you don't come back down.

Adaellae: Of course not. I'll send my new friend down and sic it on you while I claim the best bed for myself.

Ceamath: Not if Id'en picks the lock first.

Id'en: Well... I'm going to wait to find out if it's a nice monster.

William: Yeah, but if it's not, and Adaellae makes it upset, then we'll be trapped waiting for you to pick the lock.

Id'en: considers this Alright. I guess I'll pick the lock while she finds out what's up there.

William: nods

Arial: If it's a nice monster, can I keep it?

Ceamath: I thought dogs don't like monsters.

Arial: I'll train it to.

William: I still don't know if you're joking when you say you have a dog. :/

Adaellae: It'd probably be better for the monster to be let it out of the mansion. If it follows you home, then you and it can work out the details then.

Arial: Hopefully it's not too big. glances at William My landlord might not be pleased if I have two big animals living with me.

William: This. This is why I can't tell and this is why I'm never calling on you. :|

Oops? lol

Q: If you could have a pet, what would it be? If you have a pet, what is it?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.