Character Respond, Answer, Ask (January Edition)

• Happy 2018! Start the new year off right by forcing your characters to answer questions they likely aren't in the mood for!

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does she just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response for the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

It's okay if your characters get a little distracted and suddenly your post is longer than normal. Happens to everyone. Some people more than others, but I promise, it's okay. Feel free to relax. Seriously.

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's the last question from last month: Q: Do you prefer red apples or green apples?

• @typical_demigod

Responses from the past thread time!

lol what? not supposed to talk about what?

The plooot. :|

This is funny, like, I as redoing the about section on our blog a couple days ago and, I was making these little summaries for each of our planned stories. When I got to Shadows of The Forgotten everything I thought to write generated this "no, I can't talk about that" response in my brain. And it took me a whole day to come up with something sufficiently vague and somewhat interesting. -.-

Wouldn't the kitten be small enough to hide in places that Kaya can't reach though?

Crys: "You're underestimating Kaya's ability to decimate... Everything."

Jake: "If we ever want to destroy an enemy compound we just need to set a rabbit loose in there and watch her go." :|

Q: Do you prefer red apples or green apples?

Annie: groan "Okay, can't we just agree all apples are delicious?"

Crys: "Yes." >.>

Jake: "Crys and Darren had an argument about apples the other day. She was cranky about it for three whole days."

Crys: "I'm just saying, green apples are just as good!"

Jake: "Crys, no one cares." :/

Annie: "He wasn't even arguing with you, really." :|

Crys: "I wasn't arguing." >.>

Ali: "I like green apples." shrug

Crys: "See?"

Ali: "Don't rope me into this, I'm just answering the question." -.-

Jake: "I have no preference." >.>

Luckas: "I like red apples."

Crys: "..."

Luckas: "Green are good too, but if I have to choose."

Indrani: "We don't have that much access to apples. I've never actually had green ones." shrug

Dastan: "They're okay. Red are sweeter for the most part, so I suppose it depends on your taste buds. I have no preference. All food is good food to me."

Sean: "I don't really care that much for apples."

Katelyn: "I like apple pie. And apple cinnamon muffins. But I don't like apples that much." :P

Q: Is there something you like the flavor of but you don't actually enjoy eating on its own?

• @Blackbird Summaries are hard enough in general, so props to finding one that worked lol

Crys, it's okay. Don't take this question or the answers so personally. ._.

Sean: "I don't really care that much for apples."

me

Unless there's peanut butter. I'm more willing to eat them if peanut butter are involved.

Q: Is there something you like the flavor of but you don't actually enjoy eating on its own?

William: Carrots.

Ceamath: Ew.

Arial: Have you ever had a carrot stew?

Ceamath: Ew.

William: No one asked you.

Ceamath: It's still gross.

Arial: I should make some carrot stew :/

William: I support this.

Arial: What, you think I'm going to bring you some? rolls eyes

William: What? No, of course not. >.>

Ceamath: I expect you to bring me some. I'm always ready to accept free food.

William: I thought you didn't like carrot stew.

Arial: I think you can afford food well enough not to need to accept free food.

Ceamath: This is true, but I do enjoy it.

Arial: I was going to make my answer to this potatoes, but then I realized that I only like potatoes in shepherd's pie. Even then, I only tolerate them. So that's not really accurate. So... maybe... grapes apply?

Ceamath: Grapes? How else do you eat them but alone?

William: Jam?

Arial: Wine.

Adaellae: ...All of you are alcoholics.

Arial: shrugs

William: Does drinking it count as eating it, though? :/

Ceamath: I don't like eating chocolate on its own. I enjoy it in baked goods and pastries, naturally, but not eating it on it's own. To hard to bite into.

William: Huh.

Arial: Chocolate is too bitter.

Ceamath: Melt it and add sugar. Let it harden and it'll be basically the same, but with sugar. That's what my husband always does.

Arial: Sugar is too expensive.

Ceamath: Hm. I suppose it's a bit costly.

Adaellae: I don't enjoy honey on its own. I know it has great medicinal purposes, but if it's not hidden in tea or sweets, I can't stand it.

Id'en: I think I would have to say pineapple.

Adadellae: Pineapple?

Id'en: nods

Adaellae: I don't think I've ever had that. :/

Q: Are you more of an artsy person or science-y person?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (January Edition):

Crys, it's okay. Don't take this question or the answers so personally. ._.

Crys: "Sorry. I'm an emotional person." :|

Jake: snort-chuckle

Arial: I should make some carrot stew :/
    William: I support this.
    Arial: What, you think I'm going to bring you some? rolls eyes
    William: What? No, of course not. >.>

Still shipping it. :P

Ceamath: I expect you to bring me some. I'm always ready to accept free food.

I don't know about other people, but if you repeatedly 'ew' at my food, I'm not bringing you any. Just saying. :|

William: Does drinking it count as eating it, though? :/

It counts because the question asked for things you like the flavor of. Drinking counts as tasting.

Bitter chocolate is life. :)

Q: Are you more of an artsy person or science-y person?

Crys: "Uhm. Artsy, I guess? Music is art."

Jake: "Sciency. Poisons are science." thumbs up

Annie: "Poisons can be art."

Jake: "This is why we all think you're scary."

Annie: "..." mumbles "Wut." ._.

Jake: :)

Annie: "I'm not scary."

Jake: "Don't you carry a shrunken head around?"

Annie: sigh "Bob was a gift. And shut up." >.>

Luckas: "Poor dead Bob." :|

Annie: >.<

Crys: "Stop messing with her or you're next, Luckas."

Luckas: "Fair point." :|

Annie: sigh "I'm not very artistic, I'm more prone to, ya know, the science thing." :)

Luckas: "Neither?"

Annie: "Science."

Luckas: "What makes you say that?"

Annie: "Other than your fascination with anatomy books?"

Luckas: :|

Annie: "You're a crafty person. I've seen you catch a rabbit with a piece of string and a buttered toast. You're also curious to understand the inner workings of things and people. All in all, you would even make a decent White Shadow weren't for the murdering thing."

Luckas: "I don't know if I'm flattered or offended."

Annie: shrug "Take it as you will."

Ali: "I think I'm a healthy balance between the two. I like sculpting about the same amount I enjoy crafting and building. I actually helped Jake and Crys build their house and that was a lot of fun for me."

Jake: "At least someone enjoyed themselves." snort

Crys: "It was pretty stressful, but it paid off, so..." smiles

Dastan: "Hm. Artsy, I think? Both, maybe."

Indrani: "Science, I suppose." shrug

Sean: "I don't know. And I don't know if I care either way."

Katelyn: "Artsy." :)

Q: Has an art form or a particular artwork ever leave you utterly amazed?

• @Blackbird

I don't know about other people, but if you repeatedly 'ew' at my food, I'm not bringing you any. Just saying. :|

Arial: nods

Annie: "I'm not scary."
    Jake: "Don't you carry a shrunken head around?"
    Annie: sigh "Bob was a gift. And shut up." >.>
    Luckas: "Poor dead Bob." :|
    Annie: >.<

I'm not sure if I want to ask about Bob. One part of me is veeeery curious, but the other part is veeeery nervous about the answer.

Q: Has an art form or a particular artwork ever leave you utterly amazed?

Ceamath: Arial can create some amazing art with a pencil and some paper.

William: You showed her and not me!?

Arial: You were out pretending to be mortally wounded. Not my fault you weren't there.

William: It's rude, is what it is. :/ No, I can't say I have. Art doesn't usually speak to me on an emotional level. Not that I can't appreciate beauty, I just don't usually see a piece of art and feel speechless. ...No offense to these artists.

Arial: I've always found it amazing to watch a potter work. I never had the skill for it myself, but... quite amazing. I don't have interaction with many other art forms very often, though.

Id'en: Yes.

Adaellae: Oh?

Id'en: A sculpture.

Adaellae: debates whether or not to ask what sculpture ... Well, personally, I can say that architecture can be stunning, from time to time. I think beautiful buildings are the only things I've ever looked at and ever felt utterly amazed.

Q: What would you do if you could read minds for a day? If you can already read minds, what would you do if you couldn't read minds for a day?

• @typical_demigod

I'm not sure if I want to ask about Bob. One part of me is veeeery curious, but the other part is veeeery nervous about the answer.

Annie: sigh "Look, Darren brought me this when he came back from a trip outside of Valcrest. He thought I'd find it amusing. It's not real. Luckas and Ess thought it'd be hilarious to just make up stories about Bob being some guy we all knew... It stuck."

Luckas: "It is hilarious."

Annie: sigh

Luckas: ^.^

William: You showed her and not me!?
    Arial: You were out pretending to be mortally wounded. Not my fault you weren't there.

Poor William. Just when he decided to take the day off and almost die. :P

Q: What would you do if you could read minds for a day? If you can already read minds, what would you do if you couldn't read minds for a day?

Crys: "If I could read minds instead of my current enlightenment. I'd probably find that relieving. If we're talking being an empath and being able to read minds. Then no. No, thank you. I'd rather be stabbed in the gut fifty more times." :|

Luckas: "You're making it sound like being a telepath is oh, so much easier. I honestly doubt you could handle the powers of a telepath with half your affinity level."

Crys: "I'm twenty-five years old. That's about ten years over the life expectancy for someone with my exact enlightenment Luckas. Hearing voices in my head and only voices... Yeah, that'd be far less painful."

Luckas: "I'm absolutely sure that five minutes into that one day, you'd be curled up in a ball crying and regretting being born."

Crys: "Kid, that was my nightly ritual for at least three years after my Awakening. It takes a lot more than that."

Luckas: "Mhm. You get emotional, what happens? Because if someone like me has a mental breakdown... People might possibly die. They have, in fact."

Jake: backs away slowly

Crys: "I've killed five guards empty-handed because one of them grabbed my arm a bit too hard and he just wasn't a very good person. I have bashed someone's face in during a spar because I was having an off day. Don't get me started on what I could internally do to a person because I honestly don't want to think about it."

Annie: "Okay, I think... This has gotten a bit too intense." sigh "Would you mind if I interject, here?"

Crys: "Okay."

Annie: "Telepathic and empathic abilities are very much polar opposites, so I think... You'd both be pretty much screwed if you were to switch from one to the other. In that sense, I think Luke has a point. As strong as your enlightenment is, you knowing how to deal with it doesn't equip you to control a telepathic enlightenment in any way shape or form."

Crys: "...You have a point."

Luckas: "That is... literally what I was just saying..."

Jake: "Let it go." :|

Jake: "Honestly? Possible side-effects aside, I'd probably just be very uncomfortable all the time. You should judge people for their thoughts and all that, but I imagine it'd be really hard not to."

Luckas: "You? Casting judgment on someone? Noooo." =.=

Jake: "Don't play the victim, you psycho." crosses arms

Luckas: snort "Reading minds is just about the one thing I can't actually do. And as much as I'd enjoy being able to actually know what Lady's thinking for once... It'd probably not affect me all that much. It'd be an interesting experiment and not much else."

Annie: "I'd probably want to be alone until it goes away. I don't like the idea of prying on people." >.>

Ali: "Likewise. I have no interest in knowing what goes through anyone else's head."

Jake: "I'd probably find it annoying, but it could be useful maybe?" shrug

Indrani: "I'd probably just want to stay away from people. I already know too much about what these guys are thinking on a regular basis." :|

Dastan: "More mind voice? Suuuure... Nothing bad could come of that." :|

Sean: "Probably be scarred for life. What else is new?" shrug

Katelyn: "You're being overdramatic."

Sean: "Honestly, I don't think I am."

Katelyn: "I'd probably find a way to amuse myself with this." :P

Sean: "You scare me, child."

Katelyn: "Good. Someone has to." =.=

Sean: o.O

Q: If someone invites you to a party with them and once you get there they leave you alone to talk to other guests, do you stick around or do you leave?

• @Blackbird

Annie: sigh "Look, Darren brought me this when he came back from a trip outside of Valcrest. He thought I'd find it amusing. It's not real. Luckas and Ess thought it'd be hilarious to just make up stories about Bob being some guy we all knew... It stuck."

That's a relief. I thought it might a be a real head for a minute there. :|

This reminds me that when I was younger my dad would make up stories about an older brother that we didn't actually have that died some tragic way (which is why we didn't know he existed). The only one I remember distinctly had something to do with basement stairs.

Luckas: "That is... literally what I was just saying..."
    Jake: "Let it go." :|

I hate when that happens :|

Q: If someone invites you to a party with them and once you get there they leave you alone to talk to other guests, do you stick around or do you leave?

Ceamath: I probably left them before they left me, honestly. >.>

William: I'd probably stick around. Can't pass up free drinks and dancing.

Arial: I wouldn't even be at the party.

Ceamath: They're very fun. You should try them sometime.

William: Well, it depends on who else on the guest list.

Arial: I would have no idea how to be.

Ceamath: waves hand I'm sure you have plenty experience from the military.

Arial: :/ I've been to two balls and I had no idea how to act at either of them and most of the people I knew abandoned me. I mostly only spoke when people talked to me first. Not to mention, they were exhausting.

William: Dancing does that. shrugs

Arial: I barely danced.

William: Depending on the guest list, people can be exhausting, too.

Arial: The point is, I'd prefer relaxing at home. pauses I don't think I even have friends that would be able to or want to invite me to a party with them.

William: We can fix that.

Ceamath: I'm sure I'd rather take you as my guest instead of Derac to any party.

Arial: sighs No thank you.

Id'en: If the person doesn't want to hang out with me and I don't know anyone else there, then yes, I'll probably leave.

Adaellae: I'd stick around. I'm already there. Though, I'm fully expected to be at most formal events anyway.

Q: What's your favorite season?

That's a relief. I thought it might a be a real head for a minute there. :|

Annie: "I'm a pacifist." :|

Luckas: "There's nothing in your vows that say you can't carry actual dead things." shrug

Annie: -.-

Next time you come across your dad, give him a high five for me. :P

Arial: :/ I've been to two balls and I had no idea how to act at either of them and most of the people I knew abandoned me. I mostly only spoke when people talked to me first. Not to mention, they were exhausting.

Dastan: "I bet you a bottle of liquor that if I invited you to a party, you'd have fun."

Indrani: "I'd be hesitant to take that bet."

Dastan: "What are you implying."

Indrani: "I know your definition of fun. I'm just saying."

Ali: "As someone who generally dislikes parties I can attest that the Crimson Shadows, in general, will show you a good time 90% of the time." thumbs up

Dastan: "Seeee? We have a reputation to uphold. A 90% fun at parties reputation!"

Indrani: "One person's opinion does not equal 'reputation', Dastan." chuckle

Dastan: "My point stands. Worse case scenario, drinks are on me. The good stuff Red sells, not the crap we make."

Crys: "Are you paying for that?" ^.-

Dastan: "Put it on my tab?" smiles

Crys: "You're going to owe me favors forever, Shaykh." snort "Your grandchildren will be owing my grandchildren favors at this rate."

Dastan: "I'll make sure that my descendants honor their dues, Red, don't you worry."

Crys: "Alright."

(I feel like Dastan should at least consult his girl before pretty much enlisting their children and their children into servitude to Crystal's offspring, but whatever. I'm sure it'll be fine)

Q: What's your favorite season?

Crys: "Hmmmph... That's difficult. I think Fall. Apple cider, Leaf piles. Yeah." grins "But I also like all the other seasons, so..." shrug

Jake: "I agree with Fall. It's the milder as far as temperature goes and it's got nice dry weather for the most part. I don't enjoy rain and snow much. They make my life difficult."

Luckas: "I hate the summer. I'm okay with everything else."

Annie: "Spring. Flowers. Pretty!" ^.^

Ali: "I don't know?" shrug

Indrani: "Eh... They all kind of look the same in the desert? Winters are colder, I guess? But nights are always cold, so... I don't know." shrug

Dastan: "I like spring. If you go a little ways from the ruins there actually are desert flowers that bloom in spring. And veeeery rarely we actually get some rain."

Sean: "Winter. I like snow." nods

Katelyn: "Snow is great, but I like summer better."

Q: Have you ever tried really hard to make someone like you?

• @Blackbird

Luckas: "There's nothing in your vows that say you can't carry actual dead things." shrug

Pretty much :/

Dastan: "I bet you a bottle of liquor that if I invited you to a party, you'd have fun."
    Indrani: "I'd be hesitant to take that bet."
    Dastan: "What are you implying."
    Indrani: "I know your definition of fun. I'm just saying."
    Ali: "As someone who generally dislikes parties I can attest that the Crimson Shadows, in general, will show you a good time 90% of the time." thumbs up

Arial: raises eyebrow I'm not sure if I'm willing to accept this bet. What generally happens at these parties?

Ceamath: You need to have more risk in your life.

Arial: You say that, but you're not the one being offered to be taken to a party by... listens to bit about Dastan's grandchildren being indebted to Crys' these people. :/

I have a really strong feeling that we talked about this at some point, but how do you pronounce Shaykh? lol

Jake: "I agree with Fall. It's the milder as far as temperature goes and it's got nice dry weather for the most part. I don't enjoy rain and snow much. They make my life difficult."

Pretty much :P Not that I get enough snow to make my life difficult, but rain is annoying where I live if I also want to go somewhere ._.

Q: Have you ever tried really hard to make someone like you?

William: Ugh, yes.

Arial: Didn't work out?

Ceamath: Who was it? Do I know them?

William: Sometimes it worked out but I was really obnoxious in the process. No, you don't know them. And if you did, I wouldn't tell you. :|

Ceamath: Uh-huh. I see how it is, then. :|

Arial: Personally, no. Maybe when I was a kid, but I figured out fast enough that it's not worth the energy. People like you or they don't. Why try so hard to make them like me?

William: I guess if you like them then you'd try.

Arial: No? :/

William: Oh. Okay. Just me. >.>

Ceamath: snorts

William: >.>

Ceamath: Personally, I tried really hard to get my first cat to like me.

Arial: That's not a person.

Ceamath: People naturally like me.

Adaellae: ...

Ceamath: ...usually.

Adaellae: raises eyebrows That's an overstatement.

Ceamath: You don't know my life. -_-

Adaellae: I know it well enough.

William: Did you get the cat to like you?

Ceamath: sighs sadly No.

William: Oh. That's unfortunate.

Adaellae: It says more about the cat's sense of self respect than anything else.

Ceamath: huffs I'm this close to smacking you.

Adaellae: If you slap me I will not hesitate to break your arm.

Ceamath: I doubt if you know how.

Adaellae: Is that a challenge?

Arial: Would you two go outside and handle this? I have a headache.

Ceamath: It's cold out there.

Arial: :|

Adaellae: Anyway, no, I have not tried really hard to make anyone like me. I don't have time for that. Especially because it'd mean trying to suck up to people like Ceamath here, and I have too much self respect for that.

Ceamath: This. Close.

Adaellae: sidelong look

Id'en: Ah, maybe a few times. :/

If you've had one, what was your first kiss like?

Arial: raises eyebrow I'm not sure if I'm willing to accept this bet. What generally happens at these parties?
    Ceamath: You need to have more risk in your life.
    Arial: You say that, but you're not the one being offered to be taken to a party by... listens to bit about Dastan's grandchildren being indebted to Crys' these people. :/

Dastan: "Honestly? We build a fire, some of us play music, there's food and booze and you're free to do your own thing. Sometimes there are fireworks, but not too often or Indrani won't shut up about spooking the horses, sometimes some of the boys decide to fight and bet on it. Or arm wrestle. Or just generally be stupid for laughs." shrug "All in all, it's a low-pressure environment. Worst you'll get are some stupid pick up lines from people who won't remember it in the morning."

Shaykh is pronounced 'shy-eek'. Least, when I type that into Google translate and make it say it back to me, it sounds like how I pronounce Shaykh. :P

William: I guess if you like them then you'd try.
    Arial: No? :/
    William: Oh. Okay. Just me. >.>
    William: >.>

lol, aw. I like you, William. :P

Q: If you've had one, what was your first kiss like?

Crys: "Uhm, Jake and I kissed after nearly being exploded and coming home to a party neither of us wanted to be in and saying the most awkward 'I love you' in the history of Valcrest. It was nice."

Jake: "She was angry and calling me an idiot and then she said she loved me and was sitting on my lap and I had no fucking clue what was happening." :|

Crys: "That wasn't your first kiss, though." >.>

Jake: "No, but I'm just telling it from my side of things. My first kiss was some girl in Newhaven. I honestly wish I hadn't done it. I don't even remember her name anymore."

Ali: sigh "I've never actually admitted to this, but... hmph... Justin kissed me the night before he moved to Newhaven."

Crys: "Oh?"

Ali: "Yeah."

Crys: "I mean, everyone knew he liked you, but..."

Ali: "Yeah. I didn't react well and I might have said I didn't like him that way. Which... Not that it matters now, but it wasn't entirely true." :|

Crys: sigh "Oh."

Ali: "Overall, I just don't like to think about it. We never talked that out before he was arrested and..."

Crys: "I see."

Ali: "Yeah." :|

Annie: "Uhm, so, coming home from a funeral, Darren and I were sitting in front of my mother's grave and talking about horribly depressing things and he was being sweet and I was trying really hard not to be too flustered and failing at it miserably and then he kissed me." snort "I continued to be extremely flustered and just tried to move the conversation along. Which... Sadly involved going to lengths about the first time I watched someone die. It was extremely inappropriate all of it." smiles

Luckas: looks extremely disgusted "I don't want to think about it."

Annie: sigh "Her?"

Luckas: "I don't want..." :/

Annie: "Okay. Okay, Luke."

(Sam forces a kiss on Luckas and that is technically his first kiss :|)

Dastan: "Lila and I first kissed on my birthday. We kind of escaped the party and went somewhere quiet to look at the stars and talk. It felt right." :)

Indrani: "You know, the circumstances of my first kiss are a secret I've kept from Dastan since I was fourteen, and I'm not giving it up here either. But for all effects and purposes, it was pretty good."

Dastan: =.=

Indrani: :)

Sean: "I kissed a friend when I was eight to see what it was like. I was eight so I thought it was pretty gross. And that was my first kiss."

Katelyn: "Did she know you were going to kiss her?"

Sean: "Yes, of course. We talked about it. What do you take me for?" >.>

Katelyn: "I don't know. You were eight."

Sean: "Aaaand?" ^.-

Katelyn: "No. I haven't kissed anyone yet. If you must know." -.-

Q: What was the lamest pickup line you've ever heard (directed at you or someone else)?

• @Blackbird

Dastan: "Honestly? We build a fire, some of us play music, there's food and booze and you're free to do your own thing. Sometimes there are fireworks, but not too often or Indrani won't shut up about spooking the horses, sometimes some of the boys decide to fight and bet on it. Or arm wrestle. Or just generally be stupid for laughs." shrug "All in all, it's a low-pressure environment. Worst you'll get are some stupid pick up lines from people who won't remember it in the morning."

Arial: Hmm. considers I might be down for this. Are we allowed to pet the horses? Or... ride them?

lol, aw. I like you, William. :P

William: I guess there's that then :/

(Sam forces a kiss on Luckas and that is technically his first kiss :|)

That was my first guess :|

Dastan: "Lila and I first kissed on my birthday. We kind of escaped the party and went somewhere quiet to look at the stars and talk. It felt right." :)

Arial: Is it a clear view of the stars? willingness to go increases

...she came for the horses and stayed for the stars.

Sean: "I kissed a friend when I was eight to see what it was like. I was eight so I thought it was pretty gross. And that was my first kiss."

Rus: Haha, me.

Michael: You still squirm if anyone mentions kissing.

Rus: They don't need to know that. >.>

Q: What was the lamest pickup line you've ever heard (directed at you or someone else)?

Arial: I was in a bar--

Ceamath: Big shock.

Arial: I've heard some lame pick up lines other places, to be fair. One of them was in a medic's tent and I was watching them amputate someone's arm because I carried him in, basically, and one of the nurses tried using a pickup line on me and that one almost took first place.

William: What was it?

Arial: Well. He basically said, "Oh, you'd look lovely with some gloves"--

William: What does that mean?

Ceamath: How is that not the lamest pickup line you've ever heard?

William: How was this even relevant if he was helping amputate this arm like he was supposed to?

Ceamath: Is this a true story?

Arial: :| Yes. It's a true story. And why should I know why it was relevant to him? Anyway, I was in a bar.

Ceamath: You didn't answer half our questions.

William: Like... how that is a pick up line??

Arial: They were really big on gloves in the area. I dunno exactly. Anyway. Point is. I was in a bar.

Ceamath: annoyed one of her questions wasn't answered Go on.

Arial: So, I'm sitting there, minding my own business. And a guy walks up. And he's all, 'Oh, let me get you a drink' and I'm like 'Go mind your own business' and he says, "You know, I'm a knight." And I look at him and I'm like 'oh, really?' and he's very proud of this. So then he says, "You know, you look like you could swing my sword well"--

Ceamath: holds up hand I don't know how this line ends, but you need more finesse and spirit. Some more enticement. You know?

Arial: If I got it from him, maybe I'd give it to you. :|

William: I can see why you'd think it was lame.

Arial: At least the nurse had some, I dunno, if it was different circumstances, I might've thought twice before flipping him off, but this bar guy was just... there was nothing interesting about him but he seemed to think that he was interesting enough to force himself on me.

Ceamath: Most of his suitors probably weren't well traveled soldiers.

Arial: shrugs I wasn't very well traveled at that point, but I had met enough knights to know they're prettier looking than him.

William: snorts You should've told him that.

Arial: I was shyer then.

Ceamath: The lamest pick up line I ever heard was when someone walked up to someone else and said something along the lines of, "You must have fallen from the sky; you're prettier than any star I've ever seen."

William: :D I've used that once as a joke.

Ceamath: Don't ever let me catch you using that on anyone. Have a sense of originality.

Arial: I would be very flattered if someone said that to me.

Ceamath: I'd say it to you now, but for one thing, it's not original; for another, you wouldn't think I was serious.

William: Aren't you married? You really shouldn't be trying to pick Arial up.

Arial: I don't want to be picked up.

Ceamath: I was going to say it as a compliment, not a pick up line. :/

William: Shame on you.

Ceamath: I will say, Arial, friend to friend, that the way you carry yourself sometimes makes think of the Poleis constellation.

Arial: !? ^_^

Ceamath: whispers to William That's her favorite constellation. I have no idea what it is because I was too drunk to care, but in case you want that for future reference.

William: Apparently it was a good thing.

Ceamath: You'll also note that it was original.

William: Oh, yes, don't let me forget to make a note.

Ceamath: Originality is important if you want to show people that your compliments are genuine.

Adaellae: I don't know if I've ever heard a lame pick up line. Now, I have given lame pick up lines, but, I don't know if I've ever heard one.

William: Really? There were a lot of people in your abbey. Not one of them has tried to pick you, the High Priestess of Wakegloom, up?

Adaellae: ...What are you trying to say?

Ceamath: I'm aghast to know that you are attracted to the High Priestess of Wakegloom.

William: What?

Ceamath: I trusted you.

William: What!? No! She is a nice enough woman, but let's be honest, the religion thing cancels out any attraction. Which I don't have. =.=

Adaellae: nods I'm glad we can agree on that.

Arial: You do have conventional prettiness, so it is surprising that more people haven't tried picking you up.

Ceamath: snorts She's the most powerful woman in Wakegloom. Forget her supposed "beauty". rolls eyes

Adaellae: Petty, coming from the ugliest woman I know.

William: Wait, why did you automatically assume that I was attracted to her but not assume Arial was?

Arial: Don't bring me into this.

William: You brought yourself into this. :|

Ceamath: Does Arial honestly strike you as someone who would have the bad sense to be attracted to Adaellae?

William: ????? My patron is Adaer???? And hers is Maim????

Adaellae: He raises a point.

Arial: Actually, if there was a reason I wasn't attracted to the High Priestess, it'd be because she was short. Tall people are more my thing.

Ceamath: looks entirely too smug to have learned something about Arial's type

William: Arial, no one's asking you.

Ceamath: You're just grumpy because you're average height.

William: This has nothing to do with my height!

Adaellae: You're very worked up about this.

William: I'm just. A tiny bit peeved. =.=

Arial: Just a tiny bit?

William: =.=

Id'en: Someone once told me my eyes were the color of the sun.

Adaellae: Your eyes are brown.

Id'en: Yes.

Adaellae: It's not even possible to have eyes the color of the sun.

Id'en: shrugs I think they meant it metaphorically? Anyway. That's my contribution to this question.

Q: Do you like eating fish?

Arial: Hmm. considers I might be down for this. Are we allowed to pet the horses? Or... ride them?

Indrani: "Yes, but they're usually calmer in the daytime." :)

Arial: Is it a clear view of the stars? willingness to go increases

Dastan: "Pft, oh yes. You can see all of the stars. Skies are usually always clear and there's barely any light at all if you stray far enough from camp." nods

Arial: So, I'm sitting there, minding my own business. And a guy walks up. And he's all, 'Oh, let me get you a drink' and I'm like 'Go mind your own business' and he says, "You know, I'm a knight." And I look at him and I'm like 'oh, really?' and he's very proud of this. So then he says, "You know, you look like you could swing my sword well"--

Ali: "Would that fly in Newhaven, I wonder?"

Jake: snort "No."

Ali: "...Have you...?"

Jake: "No. I haven't tried it. Don't be stupid. Just... While I don't doubt there is enough self-importance, especially amongst the White Knights, I think being caught spewing a line like that could definitely put a blemish on someone's reputation. I mean, being a Knight is an honor not many people are granted."

Ali: "Makes sense."

Jake: "Besides... Just wearing the uniform is enough probably. You don't have to say it." pause "The swinging the sword part is lame even for the Crimson's standards. I don't see how would work anywhere."

Dastan: "I don't understand why talking to women is difficult." :|

Luckas: "You wouldn't." >.>

Lila: "Don't make me tell these nice people how you first tried to ask me out."

Dastan: "First of all: Go home to your husband, why are you here?" glare "Second, it worked, so my point stands."

Lila: "Defensive aren't we? That's attractive." grin "Besides, seeing as Deidra isn't here, I feel someone should be in charge of managing that ego of yours, sweetie."

Dastan: -.-

Lila: "You're welcome." :)

Adaellae: I don't know if I've ever heard a lame pick up line. Now, I have given lame pick up lines, but, I don't know if I've ever heard one.

Like what? :)

Ceamath is a worse shipper than I am. :P

Adaellae: It's not even possible to have eyes the color of the sun.

Dastan: looks at Indrani

Indrani: "They're not, though." >.>

Dastan: "Golden is... Close."

Indrani: "The sun isn't actually golden, though. So not really?"

Dastan: "Fair enough."

Indrani: "Besides, my eyes are go-to for pick up lines and if anything I demand originality."

Dastan: "Well, I'm not trying to pick you up. Obviously. I was just pointing it out." :|

Q: Do you like eating fish?

Crys: "I'm not against it."

Jake: "If it's cooked properly."

Ali: "Yes."

Luckas: "Ugh. Gross. No."

Annie: chuckle

Luckas: "Rotten fish under your bed is not funny!"

Annie: "Sorry." snort "I do like fish sometimes."

Dastan: "Eh. I've had it once or twice. It's good, but not something we have a lot of access to." shrug

Indrani: "I don't like fish."

Sean: "It's okay."

Katelyn: "Grilled salmon is the best. Yes!"

Q: Just because I want to see the world burn... If you were going to give a pickup line to someone in your group, what would it be?

• @Blackbird

Indrani: "Yes, but they're usually calmer in the daytime." :)

Dastan: "Pft, oh yes. You can see all of the stars. Skies are usually always clear and there's barely any light at all if you stray far enough from camp." nods

Arial: nods I'm down with this.

Like what? :)

Adaellae: :| I... am not sure I want to say.

Id'en: It couldn't be that bad. encouraging smile

Adaellae: :| mutters

Ceamath: leans in a little closer

Adaellae: sighs My brother said that the best way to show someone that you were romantically interested in them is to ask them directions to their heart.

Id'en: That's not as terrible as you're making it out to be.

Adaellae: :|

Ceamath is a worse shipper than I am. :P

Ceamath: shrugs We all have our pleasures.

Indrani: "Besides, my eyes are go-to for pick up lines and if anything I demand originality."

Ceamath: I agree. Originality is grossly underrated.

William: Are you going to give another example now?

Ceamath: What? You didn't appreciate my help in your future efforts at flirtation?

William: :/

Jake: "If it's cooked properly."

Would you be open to sushi then? (well... I guess they probably don't have sushi but whatever lol.)

Q: If you were going to give a pickup line to someone in your group, what would it be?

Arial: I wouldn't be.

William: Well, we've already established that one of the people here is incompatible relationship-wise due to religion, and the other one is married, which leaves me with two people I don't know very well.

Ceamath: I didn't know you had such high standards about who you were willing to use pickup lines on.

William: Well, now you know.

Arial: Huh. I didn't realize how little I know about you until now. Tell me, what's your mother's maiden name?

William: Mine? points to self

Arial: Yeah.

William: I don't think she had one? What's yours?

Arial: Her maiden name was Miller.

William: Okay. What are you going to do with this information?

Arial: shrugs I just think it says a lot about a person's genealogy to know what their mother's maiden name is.

William: Huh. pauses So was your mother the daughter of a miller?

Arial: No. She was the daughter of a mason. Now, her mother's father was a miller. But her father was a mason.

William: pauses Wait, what's your last name?

Arial: You should know the answer to that -.-

William: I know it's not Miller.

Ceamath: I thought it was just Pojess or something easy like that.

Arial: That river spans three countries. Why would I go by something that unspecific?

Ceamath: Maybe you don't want people to know anything about you. I don't know.

William: I know it's a proper name, but I don't remember what it is, no.

Arial: I'm mildly disappointed. :/ It's Shasetia.

William: Ah, yeah, I remember that now. I don't have a last name. So sad.

William: What's your last name?

Arial: Derac's is Stone.

Ceamath: I didn't take his name. I usually just use Ricemen when someone is desperate to know my last name.

William: I should come up with a last name. Nobody knows where Woodsworth is.

Arial: Nope.

Ceamath: Sounds northern.

William: It's... not.

Ceamath: No?

William: No. There's no trees there, though. pauses; gasps Maybe that's why all the fairies disappeared. :O

Ceamath: Good. Fairies are a bane to existence.

William: :O

Arial: My father always said fairies are cute, but deadly. Avoid them.

William: Well, yeah, that's a given.

Ceamath: A'ight. I got some pick up lines for you. Not Adaellae, naturally, but the rest of you.

Adaellae: Very rude.

Ceamath: Do you have one for me?

Adaellae: No, but I wouldn't be so open about it. Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Ceamath: We both know you don't have feelings.

Adaellae: Not towards anything you have to say.

Ceamath: ...Fine.

William: Just do your pickup lines so we can move on.

Ceamath: You know, William, that shirt matches your eyes perfectly.

William: looks at shirt Mmhmm. You know, that's not very original.

Arial: That shirt doesn't look like his eyes at all. :/

Ceamath: I know. I thought maybe it would highlight the problems with unoriginal pickup lines. turns Id'en, darling, when I look at you, I see a masterpiece of creation.

Id'en: :/

Ceamath: It's true.

Id'en: Forgive me for not believing you immediately, but due to the nature of the question, I'm not convinced.

Ceamath: Maybe we should get to know each other a little better and then I can show you how much I mean it. ;)

Adaellae: You truly are shameless.

Ceamath: shrugs Lastly, but certainly not leastly, Arial. You face is like a beacon of light in this dark world.

Arial: snorts We obviously just met when you gave me that one.

Ceamath: My heart is wounded by this insult.

William: smug look I thought of a pickup line for Ceamath.

Ceamath: ...Go on.

William: tries to be suave Did you fall from the sky?

Ceamath: If you finish this I'm going to stab you in the eye.

William: Cuz you're the prettiest star I ever saw. :)

Ceamath: visibly trying to control anger

Q: Have you ever wanted to stab anyone in the eye?

• @typical_demigod

Arial: nods I'm down with this.

Dastan: "If you ever find yourself in this corner of the multiverse, come visit us for a week." nods

Adaellae: sighs My brother said that the best way to show someone that you were romantically interested in them is to ask them directions to their heart.
    Id'en: That's not as terrible as you're making it out to be.
    Adaellae: :|

Dastan: "I tried that one on Lila back in the day. She turned it around on me." pause "I don't think I've been as smooth as I thought I was in any of my romantic endeavors."

Lila: "Oh, sweetie." snort

Dastan: "Okay, how did Luther win you over then?"

Lila: "There was not much flirting involved. Luther doesn't know how to flirt. Bless him." chuckles

Indrani: "How did you turn that line around? I'm curious."

Lila: "Your brother came up to me one day and said something along the lines of 'I'm feeling kind of lost right now' and then before I asked him what he meant by that, because I thought he was actually upset about something at that point to be saying something like that, he added 'mind showing me the way to your heart?'. And I just shrugged and said he must have been really lost if he didn't realize he was already there."

Indrani: snort "Nicely done."

Lila: "I do my best with what I'm given." :)

Would you be open to sushi then?

Jake: "Ha. No." :)

William: smug look I thought of a pickup line for Ceamath.
    Ceamath: ...Go on.
    William: tries to be suave Did you fall from the sky?
    Ceamath: If you finish this I'm going to stab you in the eye.
    William: Cuz you're the prettiest star I ever saw. :)

William totally wins this round. :P

Because fair is fair...

Q: If you were going to give a pickup line to someone in your group, what would it be?

Crys: turns to Jake "Hey, stupid, I like your face."

Jake: deadpan "Oh, no. I'm swooning." :|

Crys: "Damn right you are." ;)

(A very long time ago I decided that if Crys were to give Jake Valentine's card it'd have to be this)

Jake: "Okay, uhm..." nervous cough "You smell better than warm cinnamon cookies."

Crys: "I doubt that. For many reasons. But aaaw." :)

Luckas: "Hey, Handsome, I hear the desert is suffering a major temperature drop. Because you're not there today."

Dastan: "That... Was actually not bad, Lil' Man. Well done." thumbs up

Jake: "I'm just questioning the fact you immediately chose Dastan."

Luckas: "Lady isn't here. And I don't like you."

Jake: "You called me pretty boy and told me to leave Crys and run away with you once. I'm just saying."

Crys: "Excuse me?"

Luckas: "I said that to annoy you!" >.<

Jake: "Mhm." :)

Luckas: "You're just jealous I'm better at this than you." >.>

Jake: "I'm a committed individual. I don't need to be flirting around."

Luckas: "I don't either, but doesn't change the fact I was damn competent." smirk

Annie: "What was the best pick up line you've given Ess, though?"

Luckas: "I don't think I have? At least not intentionally. When she sort of threatened to kill me I said there are worse ways to die than at the hands of a pretty lady. And that's how I started calling her Pretty Lady. If that counts, it's probably that. I guess. She seemed to like it at the time." shrug

Annie: "... He is better than you, Jake."

Jake: "Hey!" =.=

Crys: pats Jake's back "There, there. I still love you."

Jake: >.>

Annie: sigh "I don't know how to do this. Seriously." :|

Luckas: "Nah. No excuses. Try."

Annie: "Dastan is the only guy here I'm not somehow related to and he's ten years older than me. This is incredibly awkward."

Ali: "Take a page from Luckas' book and do me instead."

Dastan: "Was that your line? Because... Not bad."

Ali: snort "No, but hey..." shrug

Annie: gives a huge sigh and looks at Ali "Your overall appearance is particularly pleasant today." :)

Ali: "...Thank you?"

Luckas: "You are terrible at this." :|

Annie: >.> "I know."

Ali: "Okay, so, my actual line..." snort "This is stupid... Uhm, Indrani, do you mind if I direct this at you?"

Indrani: "Oh, no, by all means, let's hear it."

Ali: "Okay, okay, so... Hey, is your ass an archery target? Because I'd love to hit that." :)

Indrani: "..."

Dastan: breaks into a fit of laughter

Indrani: "Ya know... I'd not say no to that, to be honest. It was fairly original."

Ali: "Thank you."

Dastan: "Use that on Kevin. Please. For me. I just want to see his face."

Ali: ;)

Dastan: "Okay. Let's see... Who wants to be my willing victim for this?"

Crys: "You should give one to Luckas. You know. He gave you one, it's fair."

Luckas: "No. No. I'm good." :|

Dastan: ponders this "Okay." thinks for a second "Hey, Little Man, those pants look mighty uncomfortable. Would you like me to help you out of them?"

Luckas: "You know me so well." :P

Dastan: ;)

Indrani: snort "Okay, I have one. Ready for this?" leans closer to Annie "Are you a cardiac surgeon? Because you just touched my heart." :P

Annie: "I think that would be successful with healers in general. I approve."

Sean: "Hey, Princess..."

Indrani: "Yes?"

Sean: "All the stars in the desert sky couldn't light up my life as much as you." :)

Indrani: "Well, damn." smiles

Sean, you smooth bastard. :|

Q: Have you ever wanted to stab anyone in the eye?

Crys: "Yes."

Jake: "Multiple times."

Luckas: "Literally every day.."

Annie: "Yes."

Luckas: "Yes?"

Annie: "Once."

Crys: "Sam?"

Luckas: "You couldn't reach high enough to stab her eyes though."

Luckas: "I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but..."

Annie: "Luckas, shut up."

Dastan: "Specifically in the eye? No." :|

Indrani: "Yes."

Sean: "No."

Katelyn: "No." :/

Q: Are you a heavy sleeper?

• @Blackbird

Dastan: "If you ever find yourself in this corner of the multiverse, come visit us for a week." nods

Arial: Will do.

Lila. So smooth.

William totally wins this round. :P

William: bows smugly

Ceamath: glares You're next.

Adaellae: Sore loser?

Arial: That was ominous. o.O

OMG this is much more amusing when I'm not the one writing it. I love it all. XD

Annie: "Once."
    Crys: "Sam?"
    Luckas: "You couldn't reach high enough to stab her eyes though."
    Luckas: "I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, but..."
    Annie: "Luckas, shut up."

Use a bow and arrow? It would have to be from a short distance away but it's close, right?

Q: Are you a heavy sleeper?

Ceamath: Very.

William: No. >.>

Arial: Depends on the night. Usually I don't sleep that hard, but there have been days when nothing would wake me up.

Adaellae: Depends on the person. Generally, I sleep alright.

Id'en: No.

long pause

Ceamath: to Adaellae Who actually wants to sleep with you?

Adaellae: My suitor?

Ceamath: How did you even get one of those?

Adaellae: How did you manage to marry into title?

Ceamath: Ask anyone here, I'm much more likable than you.

Adaellae: turns to everyone Is this true?

William: I actually have a meeting. To go to. Which is away from your argument. gestures vaguely at door

Arial: facepalm

Hahaha, have you seen the video where one of the girls wants to stay in the car and listen to music when the rest go into the store, so they leave the keys with the girl and go inside? And when they come back out, the girl has locked the doors and fallen asleep and not until after they've gotten police out there to help them get the doors unlocked, does she wake up? Completely oblivious to everything that happened while she slept?

Q: Are an oblivious sort of person?

• New month, new thread!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.