Associating elements with scenes/chapters?

• I was a little started that I didn't see anyone post this first. It may be self-evident (I sort of thought it was), but I'd really like to associate elements with story-units (part/chapter/scene).

I'm the sort that sees timelines as tools to solving problems, and not something normally needed. Remembering a lesser-used character's name is something that is far more important for me.

Eventually, it could be handy to also filter the story by used-elements, particularly to track particular narrative threads or character arcs.

In particular, if we could associate characters with scenes, I'd like the ability to look at a character's information (or at least a subset of it) while I'm writing the scene. This would allow me to avoid multiple tabs and allow me to get to the information I need faster.

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

This is something we are working on. We would like to offer the option to link elements not only to stories, but also to other elements. This will be some sort of internal linking, so you can navigate to the elements at any time and update them, as you can do from a timeline.

On top of that, we will offer a "quick view" option, so when you are editing a chapter or an element you will be able to have a quick access to your notes without leaving the editor.

This is still work in progress, and there are a few other cool things we will be implementing related to this, but it's still very early to give more details about it.

Keep an eye out ;)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.