Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition)

• @Blackbird

This not so much.

The laugh totally made up for it though, right?

I appreciate Alton and Enzo's existence.

Kat: "I do okay entertaining my captive six-year-old audience." :|

I imagine that some days are harder than others?

Q: Do you enjoy Christmas (or equivalent Holiday)?

Esteban: It's my favorite holiday, to be honest.

Miranda: I'm terrible at gift giving and my parents expect me to pony up the money to fly out there to do Christmas with them every season -.-

Esteban: ...did you tell them we're not coming yet?

Miranda: No, because I don't want to listen to them get angry about it. I don't have the energy for that right now.

Esteban: I can tell them, if you want.

Miranda: That would probably go over worse.

Lorneth: I didn't know what it was before we moved here, but it's so infuriating. Especially with this guy. jerks thumb at Nikreth

Nikreth: :|

Joshi: The point is, it's expensive.

Lorneth: We don't even do the tree thing.

Joshi: nods again It's expensive. And when we say we're not doing it, we mean it.

Lorneth: I will stab you if you try to do it again.

Sharone: It's okay. I don't think it has the same charm that it did when I was a kid.

Chad: My family never celebrated Christmas. Sometimes my friends or extended family got stuff for me, but we just never really did it.

Sharone: Tell them about the present I got for you.

Chad: ...She got me a 'First Christmas' ornament as a gift for the first Christmas we lived together.

Sharone: smug It was great.

Maya: There's food and family. What's better than that? ^_^

Haris: shrugs The food is annoying to make and then clean up, but Maya and the kids all love Christmas, so I don't really get an option in celebrating it or not.

Maya: ^_^

Q: What traits do you consider virtuous?

• @typical_demigod

The laugh totally made up for it though, right?

Kinda. Yeah. :P

I appreciate Alton and Enzo's existence.

Heh. sigh :(

I imagine that some days are harder than others?

Kat: "Isn't that true for everyone?" :)

Lorneth: I didn't know what it was before we moved here, but it's so infuriating. Especially with this guy. jerks thumb at Nikreth
    Joshi: The point is, it's expensive.
    Lorneth: We don't even do the tree thing.
    Joshi: nods again It's expensive. And when we say we're not doing it, we mean it.
    Lorneth: I will stab you if you try to do it again.

That escalated. :|

Maya: There's food and family. What's better than that? ^_^

I know, right? ^_^

Q: What traits do you consider virtuous?

Jack: "Humility, hard work, integrity. I think that the moment you betray your morals for any reason you're doing yourself and those around you a huge disservice."

Emily: "Kindness and patience. I think that too many people lack these things in Valcrest. Everything needs to turn into an argument or confrontation. No one can ever let things be." :/

Jen: "Honesty and acceptance. Don't get me wrong, I love my city and I am honored to serve my king, but Newhaven is so full of bullshit it makes me want to scream sometimes. Blackpond may not be the best place to live in comparison, but at the very least they don't sugarcoat their turds and try to make you swallow it."

Marshall: "That's some imagery."

Jen: "I had a long day." :|

Marshall: chuckle "I don't know. Tolerance. Making an effort to understand other people. It's a rare thing to come by in this place. Everyone has some pre-determined reason to hate you before you even a get a word in sometimes."

Jen: "Who would have reason to hate the White Shadows, though?"

Marshall: "There are people, trust me."

Jen: :|

Marshall: "Don't worry about it."

Alton: "I don't know. I don't think about virtue beyond just trying to be a good person. It's all we can do, at the end of the day. Try." shrug

Enzo: "That's true, I guess. Although I would consider kindness a virtue regardless."

Alton: "That's your prerogative."

Kat: "Patience. Definitely patience." :|

Richard: "Loyalty."

Lucille: "I agree with that. And I admire the fact that despite your many, many, many flaws, no one could ever say you're not a loyal person."

Richard: "...Thank you?"

Q: Are you a loyal person?

• @blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition):

That escalated. :|

literally their relationship LOL

(actually that's not something to laugh at :| )

Marshall: chuckle "I don't know. Tolerance. Making an effort to understand other people. It's a rare thing to come by in this place. Everyone has some pre-determined reason to hate you before you even a get a word in sometimes."
    Jen: "Who would have reason to hate the White Shadows, though?"

tries to be surprised by this information

Lucille: "I agree with that. And I admire the fact that despite your many, many, many flaws, no one could ever say you're not a loyal person."

lol

Q: Are you a loyal person?

Esteban: Yeah.

Miranda: shrugs Yeah.

Nikreth: I... don't know. I've always tried to be; I don't know how well I've been doing that lately.

Lorneth: No.

Joshi: Yes, I am.

Chad: Sure.

Sharone: I've never done anything to think that I'm not loyal.

Maya: Heh. I don't know if I want to answer this question.

Haris: They're not asking for the reason why you are or aren't loyal. Just if you are or not.

Maya: Yeah, well, then they get curious and ask anyway.

Haris: shrugs Tell them to fuck off.

Maya: shakes head I'm not answering this.

Haris: Okay. I'd say that I'm loyal, I guess.

Q: Have you ever done something that broke your moral code? Did you regret it?

• @typical_demigod

Lorneth: No.

You're honest about it at least. shrug

Maya: Heh. I don't know if I want to answer this question.
    Haris: They're not asking for the reason why you are or aren't loyal. Just if you are or not.
    Maya: Yeah, well, then they get curious and ask anyway.
    Haris: shrugs Tell them to fuck off.
    Maya: shakes head I'm not answering this.

See, that just makes me curious. :P

Q: Have you ever done something that broke your moral code? Did you regret it?

Jack: "Once. And yes." :|

Emily: "My moral code? No."

Jen: "No. Granted my moral code is, heh, uhm... Lenient, let's call it that. Still, I stick by my moral beliefs at all times."

Marshall: "Yes. And I don't know."

Jen: arches eyebrow "Oh?"

Marshall: "I'm not talking about it in public."

Jen: "Okay." :/

Alton: "Yes. And not really. Mistakes are just lessons learned. Granted you survive to learn them."

Enzo: "No. But then, I was raised better than my brother." :P

Alton: "You're welcome."

Kat: "No. I wouldn't do that." >.>

Richard: "No."

Lucille: "Outside of the clan laws I don't have that much of a moral code. So technically no." shrug

Q: Have you ever broken the law? Were you caught?

• @Blackbird

See, that just makes me curious. :P

Maya: gestures This is what I meant :/

Haris: pats hand I got this. to you Keep your curiosity to yourself and kindly fuck off.

Maya: :/

What did you do, Jack?

Q: Have you ever broken the law? Were you caught?

Esteban: No.

Miranda: If underage drinking counts as breaking the law, then yes to that, but no to being caught.

Esteban: Now you're caught.

Miranda: I don't think anybody cares, now.

Lorneth: There was that time Joshi tried stealing a kid.

Joshi: -_-

Lorneth: Which wasn't me breaking the law, but I think that's the most exciting law breaking between the three of us.

Nikreth: Yes, and no, I wasn't.

Lorneth: I've never broken the law.

Sharone: No.

Chad: Once I bought an essay from someone for lit class. Four, actually.

Sharone: O_o

Chad: As you can tell by the fact I'm in a residency program, I wasn't caught.

Maya: One time, early in my marriage, I did steal a bag of grapes. I was also caught, but the employee said, "Here, I'll pay for it for you, just don't shoplift again or I'm calling the cops."

Haris: That's nice.

Maya: Yeah, it really was. nods

Q: When was the last time you did a good deed without a reason and knowing that your good deed would probably go unnoticed by anyone who wasn't directly affected?

• @typical_demigod

Maya: One time, early in my marriage, I did steal a bag of grapes. I was also caught, but the employee said, "Here, I'll pay for it for you, just don't shoplift again or I'm calling the cops."

Out of all the things to steal, I think a bag of grapes has to be up there on the list of the most mundane. Also, imagining the scene play out in my head was pretty funny.

Q: When was the last time you did a good deed without a reason and knowing that your good deed would probably go unnoticed by anyone who wasn't directly affected?

Evin: I couldn't count the number of times I've done a good thing that's gone unnoticed.

Ella: So you say.

Evin: That's enough, kid. The number of times I've helped you without a single thanks. You could write a story about the times you've snubbed me for my good deeds.

Ella: Like nearly breaking my arm that one time? That was a good deed?"

Evin: Has anyone ever broken your arm? If I hadn't have almost broken your arm, someone else might have broken your arm by now.

Ella: Are you serious? I couldn't lift anything for days after you did that!

Evin: Be thankful it wasn't weeks.

Ella: You're crazy.

Evin: See! Completely unnoticed!

Q: How often do you find yourself walking into a room and forgetting why you'd entered in the first place?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition):

Maya: gestures This is what I meant :/
    Haris: pats hand I got this. to you Keep your curiosity to yourself and kindly fuck off.
    Maya: :/

I wasn't asking. I was just pointing out that making a big deal out of it as opposed to just saying yes or no, didn't help in that department much. shrug

What did you do, Jack?

Jack: "Kindly fuck off." :|

Haris: That's nice.
    Maya: Yeah, it really was. nods

That was pretty nice. nods

Since @Plotstains graced us with his characters and the month is almost over, I'm bringing back my main series cast. Because they can interact. And I miss them. A lot. >.>

Ella: Like nearly breaking my arm that one time? That was a good deed?"
    Evin: Has anyone ever broken your arm? If I hadn't have almost broken your arm, someone else might have broken your arm by now.
    Ella: Are you serious? I couldn't lift anything for days after you did that!
    Evin: Be thankful it wasn't weeks.
    Ella: You're crazy.

Ali: "Crys has broken several of my ribs. I was bedridden for a month."

Crys: "You tried to murder me with a rock."

Ali: "Because you broke my ribs."

Crys: "If you were skilled enough to stop me, that wouldn't have happened.

Ali: "..." =.=

Crys: "Bottom line... I probably would have broken your arm if you let me, Ella. Evin has a point."

Ali: casually gives Ella a sharp rock

Crys: "I'm not at liberty to say. Literally."

Ali: "We've saved Valcrest multiple times. And people want us dead for it. I'd say that counts."

Jake: "I wouldn't know about that."

Annie: "What about that guy you murdered to protect Ess?"

Jake: "...Which one?"

Annie: "See."

Jake: "She found out about Joffrey and I had to tell her about the other one. For obvious reason."

Luckas: "I'd like to reiterate the fact that was not my idea."

Jake: "Shut up freak."

Luckas: "Harsh, Jakey-Bear. Remember I did help you with that."

Jake: "That was one of many terrible decisions on my part."

Luckas: snort "If you'd gone alone you would have died and I wasn't going to deal with that." crosses arms "Anyway... I do good things for people all the time. Including this ungrateful piece of shit hypocrite." glares at Jake

Jake: "There's only one thing you could do to make me grateful, you psychopath. And we both know you're too much of a coward."

Luckas: "If Lady was here, you wouldn't be saying that, you hypocrite." grin

Jake: "Oh, she knows I'm thinking it." glare

Crys: "Jacob, stop."

Jake: sigh "Fine."

Annie: "Helping people is my job. They come to me when they need help, so doing it without them realizing is kind of difficult when it's expected of you." :|

Luckas: "It'd be easier for you to hurt people and get away with it, though. No one would suspect a healer."

Annie: "Luke."

Luckas: snort "Sorry."

Indrani: "People don't usually appreciate much of what I do for them on a regular basis. They call it being a 'party pooper'." =.=

Dastan: "Aaw, come on now... You know we don't really mean that."

Indrani: "Then maybe you should stop saying what you don't mean. Or better yet, stop acting like children so I don't have to constantly parent you." :|

Dastan: smiles "I love you."

Indrani: sigh "Better than nothing, I guess."

Dastan: "To be fair, most people think I'm all fun time all the time and most people outside our clan don't respect me as a leader. They look to you instead."

Indrani: "That..."

Dastan: "It is true. And that's fine, I accept that, but don't think you're the only one who gets underappreciated around here."

Indrani: "I suppose you're right. I take it back." pause "That said, any random item of clothing I find scattered in the desert from now on is going into the firepit."

Dastan: "I only have one clean shirt left." :|

Indrani: "Not my problem."

Dastan: :|

Sean: "Most of what I do is for the sake of others. Not much of it is seen that way."

Donovan: "Honestly, Sean... That only partially true."

Sean: "I said most of what I do. I admit the stupidest things I've done were entirely for selfish reasons."

Katelyn: "Someone has to take care of these two idiots, so... All the time." >.>

Sean: "That's an exaggeration."

Katelyn: "Is it?"

Sean: "I've taken care of you plenty even before dad died. Twins know Lionel wasn't going to..." silences

Katelyn: "..."

Sean: "I didn't mean it like th-..."

Katelyn: "I know. It's okay." sigh

Q: How often do you find yourself walking into a room and forgetting why you'd entered in the first place?

Crys: "...What?"

Ali: "I don't think I've ever done that."

Jake: "I'm sure I've never done that."

Annie: "All the time. In my defense, I have fifty things on my mind at any given moment of the day and my camp is literally a maze of identical white tents."

Luckas: "True."

Annie: "What about you?"

Luckas: "I don't think I have. Unless I've done it at some point in the past I have no memory of."

Indrani: "I've never done it."

Dastan: "Often." ^^'

Indrani: "We're lucky he remembers to wears pants some days."

Dastan: "One time."

Luckas: snicker "What?"

Dastan: "IT HAPPENED ONE TIME." >.<

Sean: "I've never done that."

Katelyn: "I might have? I space out a lot." shrug

Q: If you have a food item you really enjoy and you meet up with a friend, do you offer them some?

• @Plotstains Good to see you here :D

Out of all the things to steal, I think a bag of grapes has to be up there on the list of the most mundane. Also, imagining the scene play out in my head was pretty funny.

Maya: I'm not really sure if it was funny. I was scared, anyway. :/ I guess now that it's been twenty years I can see where it might be funny, but.

I mean. I see where you're coming from, but, I see where she's coming from too. I would argue that there are other ways to teach, but I feel like that's not going to go anywhere.

@Blackbird

Jack: "Kindly fuck off." :|

LOL I figured that would be the response but I figured I'd give a try.

Since @Plotstains graced us with his characters and the month is almost over, I'm bringing back my main series cast. Because they can interact. And I miss them. A lot. >.>

I'll miss the others but fair enough.

Crys: "Bottom line... I probably would have broken your arm if you let me, Ella. Evin has a point."
    Ali: casually gives Ella a sharp rock

This is exactly why I'm not arguing about forms of teaching. :|

Luckas: "It'd be easier for you to hurt people and get away with it, though. No one would suspect a healer."

0_1514733523593_a6cb70e5-9f54-4652-a1a4-459dc244ad55-image.png

I wonder why people don't take Dastan seriously? Hm. :P

Miranda: More than you'd expect.

Esteban: Given how much you whine about it, my expectations might be a bit higher than how much it actually happens.

Miranda: You'd be surprised :/

Esteban: I don't do it that often.

Nikreth: I don't?

Joshi: Sometimes I forget which room I need to go to to do a thing.

Lorneth: Yeah, we should probably work on that :/

Joshi: Eh, what's the point.

Lorneth: ...

Nikreth: ...

Joshi: Annnyway.

Sharone: I don't do that.

Chad: Heh, once I walked into my lab and everything was set up for the practical and I distinctly remember questioning why I entered.

Sharone: I don't think that counts.

Chad: Oh.

Haris: I do it quite a lot more than I used to :/

Maya: Usually I do it when I'm in the middle of being productive. "Why am I in here? Let me go sit down. Oh, I was trying to do the laundry, that's why I was in there. No point getting up now." throws hands up in air

Haris: :D

Maya: It's sad really.

Q: If you have a food item you really enjoy and you meet up with a friend, do you offer them some?

I saw this question and my first thought was Arial being like "Um, no. They can get their own."

Esteban: Why would I bring food with me when I meet up with a friend?

Miranda: I always have cashews in my purse.

Esteban: Yeah, and you really need to stop leaving them in there :|

Miranda: Sorry.

Lorneth: Probably.

Nikreth: Depends how much I like the friend.

Joshi: Absolutely not.

Nikreth: Is this why you don't let us eat from your plate??

Lorneth: This explains a lot.

Joshi: I just think, I got that plate of food for myself, or whatever other food item, and my friend or my spouse or my whoever can go get their own. There's plenty more where mine came from.

Nikreth: Yeah, but I got that plate of food for you this morning. So by that logic, you should've shared with me.

Joshi: Did you have your own plate?

Nikreth: Yeah, but I got yours for you.

Joshi: That's not the point.

Sharone: I don't usually carry food on me. I have a small purse and a tiny appetite. I don't want to ruin my meals by snacking.

Chad: I always have trail mix or fries. I share the trail mix, but not the fries.

Maya: It's called polite? If you're eating something in front of someone, you offer to share it?

Haris: Heh, I never do that.

Maya: What?

Haris: shrugs I never offer to share my food.

Maya: This is a new concept to me... o_o

Haris: So I see.

Q: What is something that, when you learned it, you were stunned to know it?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition):

I'll miss the others but fair enough.

There'll always be fluff. :)

This is exactly why I'm not arguing about forms of teaching. :|

Crys: "Being an Instructor is tricky. You have these kids who don't know any better and you need them to trust you with their lives so you can show them in painstaking detail all the little ways it could be destroyed if they don't fucking listen."

Ali: "She's a psychopath." :|

Crys: "Compared to my mom, I'm very tame. And you know what? I have escaped Death because of it. And so have you. More than once."

Ali: "Damn it... That... Is true." sigh

Crys: "I mean, I clearly failed with you somewhere because you keep getting stabbed like an idiot, but at the very least you survive."

Ali: =.=

Crys: "Don't give me that look. Stop getting stabbed." :|

(Ali has been stabbed once in every RP. It's like an unspoken rule at this point. :P)

I wonder why people don't take Dastan seriously? Hm. :P

Dastan: "Don't judge a book by its cover, eh?" ;)

Maya: Usually I do it when I'm in the middle of being productive. "Why am I in here? Let me go sit down. Oh, I was trying to do the laundry, that's why I was in there. No point getting up now." throws hands up in air

This sounds like me some days. :|

I saw this question and my first thought was Arial being like "Um, no. They can get their own."

I miss Arial. :P

Miranda: I always have cashews in my purse.

Can I have one? >.>

Cashews are my favorite. lol

Joshi: I just think, I got that plate of food for myself, or whatever other food item, and my friend or my spouse or my whoever can go get their own. There's plenty more where mine came from.

I support this logic. Like, if my thing is the only food item there is, I'll likely share it, but... If there's enough for everyone and they all have their share. Don't. Touch. My. Food. :|

Chad: I always have trail mix or fries. I share the trail mix, but not the fries.

Smart. nods

Q: What is something that, when you learned it, you were stunned to know it?

collective nervous laughter

Crys: "Okay, aside from that. We're not supposed to talk about that."

Jake: "I was a bit stunned to find out I had an aunt and a cousin I never met before." :|

Annie: ^.^

Jake: "I mean, could've taken me in when Jess died, maybe?"

Annie: "Mom had her reasons." :|

Jake: "I realize that now. Not so much when I was twelve."

Annie: "I guess that's fair."

Crys: "So, okay, don't laugh."

Jake: chuckles

Crys: "Jakey!" >.>

Jake: "I'm sorry, I just... I know what you're gonna say."

Crys: mutters "Why did I tell you that?"

Jake: "If you hadn't I would've found out about it here anyway, so..."

Crys: "Fine. Okay. Well, when I was a kid, around seven, I found a baby animal and someone told me it was a kitten. So I brought it home. It was not a kitten. My mom was not happy about that.

Jake: "What was it?"

Crys: sigh

Jake: "Go on, we've come this far."

Crys: "It was a baby skunk." :|

Annie: "Oooh... Was it old enough to spray?"

Crys: "Yes."

Annie: "That's unfortunate."

Crys: "So my dad decided that he needed to teach me what kittens are. And that part was kind of nice as far as experiences go, but I suppose there are less shameful ways of learning that."

Jake: "We should get a kitten!"

Luckas: mumbles "No."

Crys: "I'm not sure Kaya would let it live."

Jake: "I doubt she'd eat it or anything. She's good with Kit."

Crys: "She might play with it to death, though."

Jake: "Hm. True." :|

Luckas: pats Kaya "Good girl." >.>

Jake: "You can just not come to our house if it bothers you."

Luckas: "I can't. Lady will make me." :|

Crys: "Ess wouldn't make you do anything, Luckas."

Luckas: mutters under his breath

Crys: "Okay, fair enough." :)

Jake: "Wait, what was that?"

Crys: "Nothing. We don't need a kitten. We have Kaya already." nods

Jake: confused :|

Ali: "Okay, so, uhm, I might have thought for a while that the Newhaven army killed my entire village and that was, in fact, not the case." :|

Jake: "I remember the first time you visited the Nest was extremely awkward still."

Ali: sigh "Look, you believe in something for that long and it's hard to shake it off." >.>

Jake: "Understandable."

Annie: "My... Father..." :/

Crys: sigh "We could have all handled that better, I apologize."

Annie: "No. No, no. You shouldn't have had to handle anything. It's just... Ugh, it was messy."

Luckas: "That my mother never wanted me. That she's alive somewhere."

Annie: hugs

Luckas: "Stop that."

Annie: "No." :)

Luckas: -.-

Dastan: "I recently discovered my sister is actually worse than me when she does decide to drink." :|

Indrani: "Hey, I deserve to have fun."

Dastan: "I'd appreciate you not having that much fun where I can see it."

Indrani: "Take it up with drunk me." shrugs

Dastan: "I'm cutting you off." :|

Indrani: chuckles "Good luck." :)

Dastan: :|

Sean: "Everything I thought I knew was a lie. Literally a lie."

Katelyn: "I think we can both say that. For different reasons."

Sean: :(

Katelyn: "I'm sorry, but that's the truth."

And just like that my replies are ridiculously long again. >.>

Q: What is the greatest advice you wish you'd taken?

• @Blackbird Always here for the fluff ;)

I miss Arial. :P

Don't worry. She's returning tomorrow. :|

Can I have one? >.>
    Cashews are my favorite. lol

Miranda: Sure ^_^ offers bag of cashews You can have a handful. I have more.

collective nervous laughter
    Crys: "Okay, aside from that. We're not supposed to talk about that."

lol what? not supposed to talk about what?

The skunk story is good though. Good job. thumbs up

Crys: "She might play with it to death, though."

Wouldn't the kitten be small enough to hide in places that Kaya can't reach though?

And just like that my replies are ridiculously long again. >.>

Pfft. Happens. :P

(I was gonna say it specifically says in the original post not to worry about length, but that's actually the WRAA.)

Q: What is the greatest advice you wish you'd taken?

Esteban: "Wear sunscreen."

Miranda: Ooh, yeah, you probably should've.

Esteban: But here I am.

Miranda: "Set your alarm."

Esteban: That's a good one.

Miranda: Yeah. sighs

Nikreth: "Don't go to Earth."

Lorneth: I still hold that it wouldn't have made a difference.

Nikreth: Maybe, maybe not.

Joshi: Oh, if I say this, I think I might get evicted :|

Lorneth: Say what?

Joshi: I'm not going to say it.

Lorneth: Alright, well, mine is probably when I was told to study chemistry. That would've been a better choice, in hindsight.

Joshi: I thought you didn't like chemistry.

Lorneth: Not now that I know what you can do with it.

Sharone: There was a horror movie I wanted to watch when I was eight and my parents were like, "No, you're not allowed to watch it, don't do that" and I watched it anyway.

Chad: Is that why you're twisted and demented?

Sharone: sighs You got me.

Chad: My grandpa said that I should go major in a subject related to something I'm passionate about, and I'm not really sure what that is yet, but I feel like it might be something I'll regret in twenty more years.

Maya: I think... it's kind of hard to say because most of the great advice I've received may have left me better off, like, financially, if I'd followed it, but I also might not have, you know, all my kids or Haris or my marriage, and those all matter a lot to me.

Haris: My mom used to tell me to never bite into apples without cutting them in half first. You never knew whether a worm had gotten into an apple or not. :|

Maya: Aren't there normally holes where it got in?

Haris: When you're eight, you're not really looking really hard at the apple you grabbed out of the stack. :|

Maya: Huh. pauses

Haris: If you do anything to me involving apples...

Maya: smirks You want some pie?

Haris: No.

Maya: It'll be a good one!

Haris: I'm not eating anything you make tonight.

Maya: Pfft. I don't have time or the things to make a pie tonight. This weekend, however...

Haris: :|

I'm honestly not sure how worms would get into a Martian orchard and thus into an apple, but okay :P

Q: Do you prefer red apples or green apples?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.