Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition)

• Welcome to a special edition of the CRAA in which you are invited to bring your characters' long lost parents, parental figures, or other people that were influential to your character's development, in place of your regular characters, if you so desire.

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does she just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response for the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's the last question from last month: Q: What's your favorite dessert?

• Parent/dead family edition!

Okay, a few notes on where in the timeline these characters exist right now, mostly so I don't get lost myself. ^^;

• The Porters have just recently adopted Gabrielle, so they are roughly 19 years in the past in relation to the current episode.

• Jen and Marshall (Gerald's parents) are around the same spot in time, which would make Gerry six to them. ^.^

• Alton and Enzo are thirty and eighteen years old respectively. Enzo and Jo are already engaged at this point. They are, sadly, a few months away from death. :|

• Katherine is seventeen which is the age she was when her father died and she was alone taking care of the twins. Kyle and Sebastian are seven to her.

• Lucille and Richard (Lena's mom and Dani's dad) are in their early twenties, this is obviously before they have any children. >.>

Now that I have this written reminder here posterity, let's get this started!

Q: What's your favorite dessert?

Emily: "It's apple slices."

Jack: "It's coffee cake."

Emily: "Jaack."

Jack: "They want the real answer and not the one you give in front of the kids, hun."

Emily: "Fiiine. It is coffee cake." crosses arms "It's a shame it's impossible to acquire any coffee in Valcrest. Not many bounties are actually worth crossing the borders for. I haven't seen a decent cake in five years."

Jack: "Don't be overdramatic, there is a lot of cake variety in Valcrest."

Emily: "Rum cake, I suppose, would be my second favorite, but... Not with raisins. Who spoils good cake with raisins."

Jack: "Now that's something you definitely should not be saying in front of the children."

Emily: :|

Jack: "I like caramel pudding. If only someone would make it for me more often."

Emily: "Oh, who's being overdramatic now, mister?"

Jack: chuckles

Jen: "I like fig pudding. It's definitely my favorite."

Marshall: "Figs are disgusting. I don't know how you can even put that in your mouth."

Jen: "..."

Marshall: "Don't."

Jen: smiles innocently "What?"

Marshall: "You were about to say something extremely inappropriate. Don't." =.=

Jen: gasp "I would never. I am a lady. That sort of behavior is beneath me."

Marshall: "Save the bullshit for your council meetings." -.-

Jen: snort "Such crude language."

Marshall: "I heard if from our son. Wonder where he heard that."

Jen: blushes "Answer the question." >.>

Marshall: "I'm not much for sweets, but we do produce a few sweets in our camp, and I am quite fond of marshmallows."

Jen: "Ooooh!"

Marshall: "No."

Jen: "But it's perfect!"

Marshall: "If you call me 'marshmallow', even once, I am cutting this visit short. So help me."

Jen: sigh "Fine. You giant sourpuss." =.=

Alton: "Uhm. I like grapes?"

Enzo: "Alton like fruit after dinner. Like an old person."

Alton: "Having to keep you alive has taken a toll on me. I'm mentally a seventy-year-old grandpa, yes."

Enzo: =.= "I like anything with chocolate. If you cover a turd in chocolate I'll eat it and like it."

Alton: "I strongly advise against saying that where Johanna can hear you."

Enzo: nervous laughter "True." -.-

Alton: "What did she even put inside your lute to make it smell like that?"

Enzo: "I don't know. Nor do I have a clue how she got it in there, to begin with."

Alton: "Burning it made it so much worse."

Enzo: "Don't remind me." -.-

Alton: "Why did she even do that?"

Enzo: "I 'unno? She said 'you know why' and I was genuinely afraid to admit that I didn't at that point."

Alton: "Wise decision."

Katherine: "Apple pie is my favorite." :)

Richard: "Uhm... Rice pudding."

Lucille: "Ugh, Rich, gross."

Richard: "Rice pudding is delicious! With some apple slices and a bit of cinnamon... Best thing ever."

Lucille: gag "No."

Richard: "Why are we friends?"

Lucille: "You married my best friend and now I'm stuck with you."

Richard: "Oh." :|

Lucille: "I like strawberries."

Q: Do you have any vices or habits you'd like to get rid of?

• Alright, well here's the response to the post in the last thread because I wrote it last night and didn't want to put it to waste:

@Blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition):

Can I know? I did no such thing. >.>

Adaellae: She expected perfection in everything we, my brother and I, did. If we were short of it, she reacted... harshly. shrugs She disappeared a lot, who knows what she was up to; eventually she stopped returning. My brother used to say it was because she was mauled by a dragon.

Arial: ...

Adaellae: If you're talented, it's actually quite easy to wake a dragon up.

Arial: Uh-huh.

If someone gets stabbed would it really be Arial's job to clean that up or is she exaggerating? ^.-

Arial: Of everyone in this room, yes, it's my job. If this was on the street, I would be able to make someone else do it.

The White Shadows could make so much money with that "easy to wash the blood off" fabric of theirs. :P

Ah, no wonder they're so confident in white.

Johanna: "Hourglass. Or... Moon and stars."

Or both?

Oh look, someone beat me to posting and now I'mma respond to that one.

Emily: "Fiiine. It is coffee cake." crosses arms "It's a shame it's impossible to acquire any coffee in Valcrest. Not many bounties are actually worth crossing the borders for. I haven't seen a decent cake in five years."

What exactly does Valcrest have that is decent? Apples? All I've heard of are apples.

Jen: snort "Such crude language."
    Marshall: "I heard if from our son. Wonder where he heard that."

This conversation was great. Mostly because my parents have had conversations like this, but great.

OKAy.

• Miranda and Esteban are Michael's parents. We'll say they just got married because I want to know what it was like when they were happy together, sooo mid twenties.
    • I'm not really sure how old Rus's parents are because worldbuilding, but Lorneth, Joshi, and Nikreth live in NY at this point, which makes Rus like. 5-6. Don't make me math any more than that.
    • Sharone & Chad are Nelly's parents. We'll say they haven't had kids yet :P
    • Haris and Maya are Benito's parents. Even tho Haris isn't Benito's biological dad. But I love him. So we'll say Benito's ~15 at this point, because Haris and Maya would be publicly dating by then.

Q: What's your favorite dessert?

Esteban: Bread pudding. Particularly banana, but any will do.

Miranda: shakes head subtly

Esteban: It's much better than vanilla ice cream cake.

Miranda: shakes head more openly

Lorneth: Anything sour.

Joshi: mmmmm. Or lathanth. I'd eat that for every meal if I was allowed.

Nikreth: And you would die of a sugar coma.

Lorneth: You'd do it to.

Nikreth: I'm just saying, it's irresponsible of a parent to eat a dessert for every meal.

Lorneth: Do you know what else is irresponsible of a parent?

Nikreth: This is not the place to discuss that.

Lorneth: It never is.

Joshi: I also think, ah--

Lorneth: Don't change the topic!

Joshi: I'm just trying to lighten the mood. We can, ah, we can discuss this elsewhere.

Lorneth: glaring daggers

Chad: Oof. That's hard.

Sharone: I like chocolate cake sometimes.

Chad: Chocolate cake is always too rich.

Sharone: That's the point. You don't eat it because you're trying to be... I dunno, healthy or something.

Chad: That's not what I meant. I just meant, personally, I don't like eating it when it just makes me feel sick later.

Sharone: Sometimes you shouldn't worry about consequences later.

Chad: Eh. frowns I think I'll settle on pie. Any pie. Pie is good.

Maya: Does fruit salad count?

Haris: I think cheesecake. Just a classic type. Variations are alright, but I prefer the original, more often than not.

Q: Do you have any vices or habits you'd like to get rid of?

Esteban: I bite my nails >.>

Miranda: He says I need to get rid of my snoring habit.

Esteban: It's terrible. Keeps me awake all night.

Miranda: Until he stops kicking me, I'm going to continue snoring.

Esteban: I don't kick her. She says I do, but I don't kick her. I know because there are no marks on her.

Miranda: All night long -.-

Nikreth: I'm a bit of a workaholic.

Lorneth: death glare

Joshi: Sweets. I love sweets. Everyone thinks that's funny or weird, but they're delicious.

Nikreth: Sometimes I drink. I need to do less of that.

Lorneth: Oh, maybe. Personally, I wish I gambled less.

Nikreth: Oh, maybe.

Sharone: Vaping. It was completely an accident when I started and every time I cut off I start up again.

Chad: Those things normally are accidents.

Sharone: Yeah :/

Chad: I have a bit of a habit of procrastinating until the last minute. It's not a matter of when it'll cause me trouble, but how much.

Maya: I act before I think a lot.

Haris: I'd say you've gotten better about that.

Maya: I also lose my temper easily.

Haris: Stress can do that to a person.

Maya: That doesn't make it right.

Haris: No, but it does that.

Maya: sighs

Haris: I think I'd like to end my money spending habit. Too much of my paycheck goes towards ideas and interests that take me nowhere.

Maya: It's not necessarily a waste if it makes you happy.

Haris: When there are better things I could've used the money for, it's a waste.

Q: Do you think your parents would be proud of you now?

• @typical_demigod

Adaellae: She expected perfection in everything we, my brother and I, did. If we were short of it, she reacted... harshly. shrugs She disappeared a lot, who knows what she was up to; eventually she stopped returning.

Johanna: :|

Yeah, that does sound a bit familiar. >.>

What exactly does Valcrest have that is decent? Apples? All I've heard of are apples.

Jack: "Valcrest has excellent food. I've clearly spoiled my wife beyond repair."

Emily: -.- "That's not what I meant."

Gerald's parents explain a lot about his and Jo's relationship really. I'm pretty sure his mother randomly pushing his father off his seat for no reason was a common thing in his household. Amongst other forms of purposefully annoying the crap out of each other. :P

Esteban: Bread pudding. Particularly banana, but any will do.
    Miranda: shakes head subtly
    Esteban: It's much better than vanilla ice cream cake.
    Miranda: shakes head more openly

Someone's holding something in... About bread pudding... ^.-

Chad: Chocolate cake is always too rich.
    Sharone: That's the point. You don't eat it because you're trying to be... I dunno, healthy or something.
    Chad: That's not what I meant. I just meant, personally, I don't like eating it when it just makes me feel sick later.

I feel the same about chocolate cake, really. It's like, eh, I have it now and then, but it's never my first choice. :/

Sharone: Vaping. It was completely an accident when I started and every time I cut off I start up again.
    Chad: Those things normally are accidents.
    Sharone: Yeah :/

How do you accidentally vape, though?

Haris sounds like a really chill guy. I like him. :)

Also... Rus' parents sound a bit... Tense, overall. :|

Q: Do you think your parents would be proud of you now?

Jack: "My parents founded this group, I try to the best of my abilities to follow in their footsteps, so I would like to assume so."

Emily: "I don't think they would. No." snort

Jack: "Her parents hate me. They think I stole her, or something like that."

Emily: "It's what they tell themselves. I thought at least my mother would want to meet our children, but no. Not interested."

Jack: "It's entirely their loss."

Emily: "Truly."

Marshall: "My parents abandoned me with no hesitation, so I think not. Nor do I care."

Jen: forced laughter "No. My father has some, let's say, interest in tolerating me because of my position, but I'm well aware of what he thinks of me, our situation, and our child."

Marshall: "Our situation?"

Jen: "We're not married. Which, even if I wanted to..."

Marshall: "Which for the record you did not."

Jen: "No." frowns "But even if I wanted to, you don't have as much as a birth certificate. You'd have to register as a Newhaven citizen."

Marshall: "It would take the White Shadows five minutes to marry us and it is binding." shrug

Jen: "We are not having this conversation again."

Marshall: "I'm just reminding you that the only reason it never happened is that you made the decision not to."

Jen: "I don't if we had it would make my father think of you as less of a human turd, or me as less of a failure. So there is no point."

Marshall: "Alright." pause "I'm just saying that those are the fac-..."

Jen: "Marshall." glare

Alton: "I don't know." shrug "Wouldn't even venture a guess."

Enzo: "I would hope so. I mean..." sigh "Honestly, Alt has been more of a parent to me than anyone else. Mom died when I was too young and my dad never knew I existed."

Alton: "Maybe we'll find him in the desert, though." :/

Enzo: "I'm not sure it matters." shrugs

Katherine: "I like to think that my mother would. And, honestly? I don't believe my father should have the right to approve or disapprove of me."

(that was... unexpectedly harsh o.O)

Richard: sigh "I hope so. I like to think I do right by the clan and my parents would appreciate that."

Lucille: "No." nervous laughter "My parents were healers."

Richard: "Wait, what?"

Lucille: "Yeah, I don't like to talk about them much. They died when I was young. The White Shadows don't really insist if you say you want to leave them, no matter how much of a child you are. So I took off when I was twelve. Claire's mom found me. And here I am." shrug

Richard: "So you just left the White Shadows and decided to live in the woods or something?"

Lucille: "I was trying to reach Newhaven. I was a stupid child, okay?"

Q: What is the best gift you've ever received?

• @Blackbird

Gerald's parents explain a lot about his and Jo's relationship really. I'm pretty sure his mother randomly pushing his father off his seat for no reason was a common thing in his household. Amongst other forms of purposefully annoying the crap out of each other. :P

I mean, I've heard that the relationship you have with romantic partners tends to mimic what your parents' relationship was like.

Someone's holding something in... About bread pudding... ^.-

Miranda: What!? Of course not!

Esteban: She thinks it gave her food poisoning.

Miranda: That's not why.

Esteban: Oh, and it's also why you don't eat oysters anymore.

Miranda: I've learned about how oysters are produced.

Esteban: Why not the bread pudding?

Miranda: I don't. Um. Like it.

Esteban: Because you think it gave you food poisoning.

Miranda: We're moving on.

How do you accidentally vape, though?

Sharone: I meant the habit was an accident. Like, the action itself is on purpose, but the habit was an accident. It went from trying it from other friends to suddenly I was doing it all the time. >.>

Haris is so chill and nice. I love him.

I was expecting Rus' parents to have tension, but not to that degree :P

There's so much information in this, but two questions.

Alton: "Maybe we'll find him in the desert, though." :/

Is he with the Crimson Shadows or something?

Lucille: "I was trying to reach Newhaven. I was a stupid child, okay?"

Was there something waiting for you there?

Q: What is the best gift you've ever received?

Miranda: I got a ring on my finger. holds up hand

Esteban: That's not a gift if we already decided on that.

Miranda: You still could've been one of those people that waited like three years or something.

Esteban: I told all my friends I was proposing to you first. If I waited, you would've proposed first.

Miranda: ...Probably.

Esteban: The best gift was probably the time that some random lady gave me a tip for basically staying calm while we had a huge rush. I actually put in my two weeks that night, but it was nice to be appreciated.

Joshi: The boys randomly come home with crafts and say that they're for us. I don't have any reason to complain about that.

Nikreth: Maybe the radio we got as a wedding gift. It was very, very nice. I still have it somewhere.

Joshi: We should pull it out.

Nikreth: Mm. Maybe.

Lorneth: I got a computer at our wedding. :/

Joshi: Did you like it?

Lorneth: It was alright :P

Chad: Someone bought me a cake for no reason other than I asked for one and that remains the best gift.

Sharone: I bought you a star and that's your answer?

Chad: I forgot about that.

Sharone: I bought you something immortal and your answer is a cake?

Chad: Oops. shrugs

Sharone: Well, then. -.-

Maya: I guess my kids. Even if some of them are little shits. >.>

Haris: I'd say you.

Maya: blushes

Haris: And you really should've picked better children. They don't usually deserve you.

Maya: We usually don't deserve the good things we have.

Q: What is something good you have that you don't deserve?

• @typical_demigod

I mean, I've heard that the relationship you have with romantic partners tends to mimic what your parents' relationship was like.

For Gerry's sake, I hope that's not always true. ^^'

Is he with the Crimson Shadows or something?

Alton: "Yes." pause "Our mom, ya know, she was... uhm..."

Enzo: "A whore."

Alton: glares

Enzo: "That's the proper name for it." >.>

Alton: sigh "Yes, that. So. We have different fathers. Mom didn't know who mine was, but Enzo's father was a Crimson Shadow mom was sort of serious about at the time. I don't remember what exactly happened, but he left for the desert before she found out she was pregnant and she just... Decided not to tell him."

Enzo: "That's all we know really. He could honestly be dead by now."

Alton: "That's oddly pessimistic of you."

Enzo: "Some things you just shouldn't raise unrealistic expectations about." shrug

Was there something waiting for you there?

Lucille: "I don't know. But probably not."

Miranda: I got a ring on my finger. holds up hand
    Esteban: That's not a gift if we already decided on that.

Did you buy it and gave it to her yourself? If so, I'd say it counts. nods

Chad: Someone bought me a cake for no reason other than I asked for one and that remains the best gift.
    Sharone: I bought you a star and that's your answer?
    Chad: I forgot about that.
    Sharone: I bought you something immortal and your answer is a cake?
    Chad: Oops. shrugs
    Sharone: Well, then. -.-

Cake > Star. I agree. :P

Haris, god damn it, be less awesome. -.-

Q: What is something good you have that you don't deserve?

Jack: "I've worked hard for everything I have in life and I absolutely deserve all of it." shrug

Emily: "Our children are too good for this world, in my opinion, so I'd say that counts."

Jack: "Not all the time."

Emily: -.-

Jack: "You know it's true."

Emily: "I know no such thing." >.>

Marshall: "Jen."

Jen: "Yes?"

Marshall: "That's my answer." :|

Jen: "..."

Marshall: "You can look at me like that all you want. I stand by that answer."

Jen: "I'm sorry, but no. You're not allowed to say that. The only one allowed to stipulate who is or isn't worth my time, presence, affections, or whatever the fuck have you, is me."

Marshall: "Fair enough. However, I stand by my answer, because the only one allowed to speak for my sense of self-worth, is me."

Jen: "Marshall, I will kick your ass all the way to fucking Blackpond if you don't take that back right now!" >.<

Marshall: crosses arms and shrugs "You do whatever you feel necessary."

Jen: small moment of internal screaming "Okay." breathes "Fine." grabs collar of Marshall's robes and starts dragging him away

Marshall: "What... Where are we going? You didn't answer the question."

Jen: "Screw this question, and screw you. Gerald is at my parents. We are going home and I'll show you who's not fucking worthy!"

Marshall: tiny whisper "What."

(this did not go AT ALL the way I expected it. o.o)

Alton: "I believe you only don't deserve a good thing if you don't appreciate it. That is not the case with me."

Enzo: "Eh, I don't know about that..." shrug

Alton: "What does that mean?"

Enzo: "Nothing, bro. Never mind." >.>

Katherine: "I'll just say I believe I've been blessed in many ways and leave it at that. Self-deprecating thoughts can be a very slippery slope."

Richard: "My wife. She is precious beyond belief."

Lucille: "His wife. She is pretty darn special."

Richard: "..."

Lucille: "I warned you; stuck with me." smirk

Richard: mutters "I definitely don't deserve this."

Lucille: laughs

Q: What do you do for a living? Are you satisfied with it?

• @Blackbird

For Gerry's sake, I hope that's not always true. ^^'

Every relationship has individual quirks, so probably not :P

Did you buy it and gave it to her yourself? If so, I'd say it counts. nods

Esteban: I didn't buy it, but I gave it to her, yeah.

Miranda: It was his grandmother's. ^_^

Esteban: Yeah.

Cake > Star. I agree. :P

Sharone: -.-

Emily: "Our children are too good for this world, in my opinion, so I'd say that counts."
    Jack: "Not all the time."
    Emily: -.-
    Jack: "You know it's true."
    Emily: "I know no such thing." >.>

Maya: Your husband's onto something, actually.

I like Kat.

Q: What do you do for a living? Are you satisfied with it?

Miranda: I'm a secretary. It's alright, but it pays well and it's a good entrance job. Eventually, who knows; maybe one day I'll be the one paying for a secretary.

Esteban: I never understood secretaries. Why have someone else handling your life for you? :/

Miranda: So you have time to do other things, instead of always stressing about your schedule.

Esteban: I'd say get a new job, then.

Miranda: They'd lose their pay bracket.

Esteban: :P Personally, I'm in the navy, and I can't really complain.

Joshi: Oh. I don't really work anymore. I can't say I'm satisfied with not working, but what can you do?

Nikreth: I'm a diplomat. I can't say I don't like it. I've considered switching into law, but the pay cut wouldn't be worth it, at this point in time.

Lorneth: Maybe, but you'd have more time :/

Nikreth: That's not really saying much, coming from you.

Lorneth: Would you stop being antagonized by everything I say?

Nikreth: You attack me for everything I say!

Lorneth: I was making a statement. If you switched into law, you'd have more personal time. There's nothing wrong with that.

Joshi: I doubt that.

Both: sidelong look at her

Joshi: I'm just saying; there's nothing to stop you from still bringing your work home. shrugs

Nikreth: If I switch into law, I would make a concerted effort to work less, how is that?

Lorneth: totally unconvinced

Nikreth: Anyway, we can't exactly afford the pay cut, especially since you're working less.

Lorneth: That argument makes no sense because I'm making just as much as before.

Joshi: I think all that he's trying to say is--

Both: dark look

Joshi: >.> I'm your wife; I'm allowed to get involved in these conversations.

Chad: I'm studying to be a general practitioner. That's fun.

Sharone: I'm studying to be an OB-GYN. nods You know, it's funny, because we actually didn't meet in any medical classes like everyone thinks.

Chad: No, we met because her car broke down right in front of my drive way.

Sharone: I would say "oops" or "sorry" or something, but it's clearly worked out.

Chad: I almost missed a practical because I had to call a taxi and I was already running late.

Sharone: "Almost" is the key word there. Anyway, long story short, turns out we lived four houses from each other.

Maya: I work in a distribution warehouse. It puts food on the table. shrugs I make it work.

Haris: I'm a manager. The hours are awful, but, yes, food on the table; and there are nice times. The people I work with are very kind, usually.

Q: Are you more of a tidy person or a messy person?

• @typical_demigod

Esteban: I didn't buy it, but I gave it to her, yeah.
    Miranda: It was his grandmother's. ^_^
    Esteban: Yeah.

Still counts. Yeah. nods

Also: aaaw. ^.^

Maya: Your husband's onto something, actually.

Jack: "Thank you."

Emily: "You're too strict with those kids."

Jack: "Well, if I learned something from my parents is that parents don't last forever. I'd rather my children not be incompetent idiots when I'm dead. It makes life easier in the long run."

Emily: :| "Don't bring logic into this."

Kat is extremely lovable. >.>

Miranda: I'm a secretary. It's alright, but it pays well and it's a good entrance job. Eventually, who knows; maybe one day I'll be the one paying for a secretary.
    Esteban: I never understood secretaries. Why have someone else handling your life for you? :/
    Miranda: So you have time to do other things, instead of always stressing about your schedule.

I wish I could afford a secretary. sigh

Joshi: I think all that he's trying to say is--
    Both: dark look
    Joshi: >.> I'm your wife; I'm allowed to get involved in these conversations.

And I thought relationships were complicated enough with two people. -.-

Q: Are you more of a tidy person or a messy person?

Jack: "I'm tidy for the sake of this one not glaring at me."

Emily: "I like to be able to find things, that's all."

Jack: "We're constantly moving around and rebuilding our camp. Organized chaos would be the more logical course of action."

Emily: "When you're the one cooking for the entire group, you get to have a say in that."

Jack: :| "Fine."

Jen: "Marshall is..." sigh "Obsessive."

Marshall: "I'm methodic. It's an acquired habit, alright? Putting the wrong thing in the wrong place can have some pretty nasty consequences... Don't."

Jen: snort-chuckle "I'm actually proud you've managed to pick up on that one."

Marshall: "You're an overgrown infant."

Jen: "Are you calling me fat?"

Marshall: "You know very well that if I wanted to call you fat I would just call you fat."

Jen: "...That's true."

Marshall: "If you were fat, you would likely be unfit to perform your duties. Physical fitness is an important aspect of combat."

Jen: amused "Also very true."

Marshall: "If anything, one needs to admire the efficiency of your metabolism, considering your eating habits."

Jen: "Yes." >.>

Marshall: "You didn't answer the question. Again. You're not going to able to avoid all of them by molesting me."

Jen: nervous chuckle "You wish." snort "I'm organized in my own way. Unfortunately, my way is not very accepted by some people."

Marshall: "The only reason this house is habitable is that you have a housekeeper."

Jen: -.- "Six-year-olds are messy."

Marshall: "Don't pin this on the boy, I remember what your room looked like when you lived in the Castle."

Jen: blushes "I was overworked then. I..." frown

Marshall: "I don't see why this bothers you to the point of denial, but if it helps I'll admit I find it endearing."

Jen: "Oh?"

Marshall: "Why else would I tolerate it for so long?"

Jen: "Honestly, Marsh? Twins know how you manage to put up with me."

Alton: "I'm very tidy."

Enzo: "I am not." shrug "I'm a chaotic being."

Alton: "Lazy is a far better term."

Enzo: "Semantics." >.>

Kat: "Tidying anything in this house is pointless. I love my brothers, but they destroy everything. I do manage to keep my room organized though. They don't go in there." >.>

Richard: snort I'm very messy."

Lucille: "Claire complains about your socks constantly."

Richard: "Yes, I know, I never put away my socks." -.-

Lucille: "I try to be as organized as I can. Especially when I'm on a job."

Q: What makes you feel better after a bad day?

• @Blackbird

Jack: "Thank you."
    Emily: "You're too strict with those kids."
    Jack: "Well, if I learned something from my parents is that parents don't last forever. I'd rather my children not be incompetent idiots when I'm dead. It makes life easier in the long run."
    Emily: :| "Don't bring logic into this."

Maya: Very smart. nods; points at Jack He's a good catch.

I wish I could afford a secretary. sigh

Miranda: For the right price, I might freelance for you.

Esteban: please. Please don't.

Kat is extremely lovable. >.>

They tend to be >.<

Jen: -.- "Six-year-olds are messy."

I mean. To an extent.

Lucille: "Claire complains about your socks constantly."
    Richard: "Yes, I know, I never put away my socks." -.-

That's the weirdest thing to never put away?? How do you know if you're grabbing a clean pair or a dirty pair?? Like, shirts or pants, okay, you can probably remember if you've worn that already, but socks??

Q: What makes you feel better after a bad day?

Miranda: A pedicure. Or tea. Particularly chamomile, but any will do after a terrible day.

Esteban: I eat >.>

Miranda: At least it tastes good.

Esteban: :/

Lorneth: I find talking my problems out to be helpful.

Nikreth: You don't do that very often anymore.

Lorneth: I'm not...

Nikreth: I was just thinking out loud :/

Joshi: There's really not much for me. I can only take so much medication.

Nikreth: The baths?

Joshi: shrugs Not so helpful as they used to be.

Sharone: I play video games. I particularly enjoy puzzle games, but anything will do.

Chad: Baking and reading are both very relaxing for me. They help me forget about my problems.

Maya: I like to sit back and relax with people I like. Usually they don't talk to me, but that--

Haris: I talk to you all the time.

Maya: I'm not talking about you.

Haris: If I'm a person you like, which, I'm going to take a risk and assume I am--

Maya: There's a difference between people I like and people I love, for one thing.

Haris: Then who falls into the people you like category?

Maya: What does that mean? You know what, can you just take the compliment and answer the question?

Haris: I'm only saying, you either love people, or you hate them. You don't really have an in between.

Maya: There are people I have mixed feelings for.

Haris: No, there are people who make you angry. You still love them. There's a difference.

Maya: mumbles under breath

Haris: I can hear that.

Maya: You know what, I'm having very mixed feelings about you right now. -.-

Haris: I like laughing after a bad day. glances at Maya Drama queens help me do that.

Maya: sighs

Q: What's your favorite color?

• @typical_demigod

Maya: Very smart. nods; points at Jack He's a good catch.

Jack: looks entirely too smug

Emily: -.- "True."

Miranda: For the right price, I might freelance for you.
    Esteban: please. Please don't.

Don't worry. There's no way I could afford it. ^^'

I mean. To an extent.

Marshall: "He's messy because she encourages it."

Jen: "Children need to express themselves." >.>

Marshall: "You're in the military."

Jen: "Are you implying I don't discipline our child, Marshall?"

Marshall: "No. No, no, no, no." nervous chuckle "No." >.>

Jen: "Good." -.-

That's the weirdest thing to never put away?? How do you know if you're grabbing a clean pair or a dirty pair?? Like, shirts or pants, okay, you can probably remember if you've worn that already, but socks??

Richard: awkward chuckle "Yeah." :P

Lucille: "No wonder she complains."

(Tbh, there are always socks all over my room at all times. I don't know why or how, but there are o.o)

Joshi: There's really not much for me. I can only take so much medication.
    Nikreth: The baths?
    Joshi: shrugs Not so helpful as they used to be.

Is Joshi ill? :(

To be fair to Maya, I have people I hate, people I love, and people that I'm willing to tolerate. I'm not at all willing to tolerate people I hate. At all. Even if I wanted to, I'm bad at it. :|

Q: What's your favorite color?

Jack: "Brown."

Emily: "Brown's such a boring color, though."

Jack: "Your... Eyes... Are brown."

Emily: "I know. And I kind of wish the boys had blue eyes like you. They're so pretty."

Jack: "Eh." >.>

Emily: "My favorite color is orange."

Jen: "I like blue."

Marshall: "Red."

Jen: "He wears red socks sometimes." :)

Marshall: "Don't tell strangers about my socks. It's none of their business."

Jen: "It's just socks. I'm not telling them about your underwear."

Marshall: "Don't tell them about my underwear." :|

Jen: "I wouldn't do that. That's private." :)

Marshall: :|

Jen: snickers

Alton: "I like dark green. I guess that could be my favorite color."

Enzo: "I like light blue. Like, sky blue."

Kat: "White and pink." ^.^

Richard: "I like all colors."

Lucille: "Purple."

Q: Do you like flowers?

• @Blackbird

Jen: "Children need to express themselves." >.>
    Marshall: "You're in the military."
    Jen: "Are you implying I don't discipline our child, Marshall?"

This has always been the weirdest trope to me, that military personnel are/should be more strict with their children.

(Tbh, there are always socks all over my room at all times. I don't know why or how, but there are o.o)

As long as you put up the clean ones so you know that you're grabbing a clean pair, then there's not much to say. (I don't know why you wouldn't try to always wear sandals, though :P)

Is Joshi ill? :(

yeah. It's terminal; per the time continuum, she doesn't actually have much time left.

To be fair to Maya, I have people I hate, people I love, and people that I'm willing to tolerate. I'm not at all willing to tolerate people I hate. At all. Even if I wanted to, I'm bad at it. :|

Maya: I understand. It has taken many, many years of practice to be able to interact with people I hate and sound tolerable.

Emily: "I know. And I kind of wish the boys had blue eyes like you. They're so pretty."
    Jack: "Eh." >.>

Literally me when someone compliments my eyes :|

I really appreciate the existence of Jen and Marshall.

Q: Do you like flowers?

Esteban: Not really.

Miranda: I do. I'm going to get a house specifically to plant a garden.

Esteban: That's nice.

Joshi: I've never understood why humans are obsessed with flowers.

Lorneth: The colorful ones that smell nice, sure, but most of them aren't colorful and most of them don't smell very good.

Nikreth: Those flowers that eat animals are interesting.

Lorneth: But do they smell good?

Nikreth: They smell like death. I think it's from eating the animals.

Joshi: We're not getting one.

please don't ask me about anything related to flora on delsia.

Sharone: I like yellow flowers.

Chad: I like all flowers.

Sharone: ...anyway.

Maya: My husband used to get me flowers on my birthday but they made me sneeze and get headaches.

Haris: Sadly.

Maya: I'm fine with looking at them from a distance, but actually being near them isn't very fun.

Haris: I love flowers. If it wasn't for this one, I'd have flowers all over the place.

Maya: :/ Sorry.

Haris: waves hand It's no problem to me.

Q: Would you call yourself a creative person?

• @typical_demigod

This has always been the weirdest trope to me, that military personnel are/should be more strict with their children.

My grandfather was a military officer and, yeah, that is very weird to me as well. :P

That said, little Gerry knows where the lines are drawn. >.>

As long as you put up the clean ones so you know that you're grabbing a clean pair, then there's not much to say. (I don't know why you wouldn't try to always wear sandals, though :P)

I used to wear flip flops a lot in the summer, but my feet get sweaty. So no. No more. >.>

yeah. It's terminal; per the time continuum, she doesn't actually have much time left.

:( :( :(

Maya: My husband used to get me flowers on my birthday but they made me sneeze and get headaches.
    Haris: Sadly.
    Maya: I'm fine with looking at them from a distance, but actually being near them isn't very fun.
    Haris: I love flowers. If it wasn't for this one, I'd have flowers all over the place.
    Maya: :/ Sorry.
    Haris: waves hand It's no problem to me.

Ya know, flowers don't usually bother me, even though most allergic people I know run away from them like the plague. My only issue with flowers is that they attract bees. And I hate bees. I also would do well to not get stung by one ever. >.>

Q: Would you call yourself a creative person?

Jack: "Not really."

Emily: "You build things all the time. What would you call that?"

Jack: "I'm 'crafty', not creative. I don't design things."

Emily: "You're creative."

Jack: "The question is whether I'd call myself creative. Not whether you do." -.-

Emily: "Fine." pause "I think I can be creative in some ways."

Jen: "I'm very creative."

Marshall: "A little too much sometimes. I've seen you call people some... Horrible things."

Jen: "Not without reason."

Marshall: "I'll concede that, but still." :|

Jen: "Trust me, they're better off if I just use my words."

Marshall: "I'm not creative."

Jen: "I'd say that's debatable, but I really don't want to go through the trouble."

Marshall: "That's smart of you."

Jen: -.-

Alton: "Not very much."

Enzo: "Yes. I'm very creative. I write music and poetry and I paint... I'm a very artsy guy."

Alton: "He can also belch the alphabet."

Enzo: "...Why?" =.=

Alton: "You can."

Enzo: =.=

Katherine: "I would say that. Yes." :)

Richard: "I'd say I'm resourceful. I'm not sure if 'creative'."

Lucille: "Not much difference in my opinion."

Richard: "I dunno. Maybe you're right." shrug

Lucille: "I'm not a creative person, I don't think, but I appreciate those who are."

Q: Do you have any guilty pleasures?

• @Blackbird

That said, little Gerry knows where the lines are drawn. >.>

The sign of a well-raised child. :P

I used to wear flip flops a lot in the summer, but my feet get sweaty. So no. No more. >.>

Fair enough.

:( :( :(

0_1512514806127_3f92da10-2e3b-42f8-b5b7-caffedb50d6a-image.png

Question: Have I told you the recent story about an attack wasp at my job? The bee thing reminds me of that.

Enzo: "Yes. I'm very creative. I write music and poetry and I paint... I'm a very artsy guy."

You're like. The stereotype of an artsy person.
    ...is it any good?

Richard: "I'd say I'm resourceful. I'm not sure if 'creative'."
    Lucille: "Not much difference in my opinion."

I would agree.

Q: Do you have any guilty pleasures?

Esteban: Probably hunting.

Miranda: Why is that guilty?

Esteban: I feel like there's a lot of harrassment towards hunters because they hunt, like, wild animals. Instead of buying some already-packaged farm animals.

Miranda: You never catch anything. You just sit around with your brothers.

Esteban: People still look judgmental. Also, if I had a permit to kill game, I would do it.

Miranda: The point is, you don't shoot anything. You just sit around in the woods doing stupid shit with your brothers.

Esteban: I guess it's the thought that counts, not the action. And my thought is that I would be willing to shoot some game.

Miranda: Personally, my guilty pleasure is buying shoes.

Esteban: :O

Miranda: Yes, yes. It's true.

Esteban: We could've bought that TV D:

Miranda: shows off foot isn't this shoe so pretty though??

Esteban: You don't need heels! You're already a giant! D:

Miranda: sets foot down They match almost anything.

Esteban: D:

Joshi: Maybe... card games.

Lorneth: I hate card games.

Nikreth: Because you suck.

Lorneth: Exactly.

Joshi: Yeah. I don't get to play cards very often. Well, I taught the boys how to play Go Fish, but that's only fun for them. Well, and Rys always thinks that she's old enough to get her own hand :/

Nikreth: That explains so many arguments.

Joshi: What? They don't argue about it very often.

Nikreth: Sometimes one of them will bring it into an argument for no reason, things like, "well, you're also a cheater and I know because I had all the threes, not you".

Lorneth: tilts head I have actually heard that before.

Joshi: Well, I never hear the argument, and I never get to play cards or entertain them otherwise, so Go Fish is going to continue on Sunday afternoons.

Lorneth: No.

Nikreth: We're going to talk about this, because it needs to end.

Joshi: Teach them to bring up issues when they happen and then we'll talk about ending it.

Nikreth: I don't think they have the concept, really.

Joshi: Then teach it, because we aren't stopping over it -.-

Chad: I don't? Think so?

Sharone: You sing in the shower sometimes.

Chad: How is that a guilty pleasure?

Sharone: You always sing off-key and as loudly as possible and it wakes me up, that's why.

Chad: At least I don't have a creepy doll collection.

Sharone: They aren't creepy! They're collectible. :(

Chad: They're creepy.

Sharone: You don't even look at them, ever!

Chad: I have seen one too many movies to know not to trust the dolls!

Sharone: Are you talking about...?

Chad: Maybe.

Sharone: That movie is twenty years old.

Chad: Look, it was traumatizing as a young child.

Sharone: Then maybe you need to go have some words with your parents and get therapy if their presence in the house is that much of an issue for you.

Chad: It's not.

Sharone: If you have deeper-rooted issues, I'd prefer we take care of them instead of pretending they don't exist.

Chad: I don't! I'm just saying, the dolls are creepy.

Sharone: Then don't look at them.

Maya: Is this a trick question? Doesn't everyone have at least one?

Haris: Am I about to learn something about you?

Maya: pauses That snake in your bed, it was me, not Dora. proud look

Haris: :|

Maya: shrugs It was Dora's snake, though. Or... her husband? frowns The point is, it came from her. But it was me who put it in the bed.

Maya: You have to admit that it was funny, though. ^_^

Maya's guilty pleasure is guiltlessly giving people heart attacks, it would seem.

Q: Have you ever tried pranking anyone? Was it successful?

• @typical_demigod

You're like. The stereotype of an artsy person.
    ...is it any good?

Enzo: "What is? My art?" pause "It's... Not for me to decide." shrug

Alton: "I'd say you're a excellent musician, an above-average poet and maybe painting is just not for you."

Enzo: "...Fair enough."

Alton: "I mean, it's not bad..."

Enzo: "Okay."

Alton: :|

I stand by my opinion that dolls are creepy. >.>

Maya: pauses That snake in your bed, it was me, not Dora. proud look
    Maya: shrugs It was Dora's snake, though. Or... her husband? frowns The point is, it came from her. But it was me who put it in the bed.
    Maya: You have to admit that it was funny, though. ^_^

Enzo: "I feel your pain, man." >.>

Q: Have you ever tried pranking anyone? Was it successful?

Emily: "Yes."

Jack: "She thinks she pranks people, but not really."

Emily: "Excuse me... My pranks are legendary."

Jack: "Your pranks are way too nice, love. They barely inconvenience anyone. We humor you, really."

Emily: :|

Jack: :)

Jen: "I... Can't confirm or deny that for the sake of keeping my very clean military record intact."

Marshall: "So yes."

Jen: :|

Marshall: "Definitely yes."

Jen: "What about you?"

Marshall: "I may or not have spiked someone's tea with a very potent laxative."

Jen: snort "What?"

Marshall: "I will not confirm or deny that."

Jen: :)

Marshall: "What?"

Jen: "I love you." ^.^

Marshall: "I don't see how someone else's explosive diarrhea influences that, but the feeling is mutual."

Alton: "I hate pranks."

Enzo: "I don't hate pranks, but... uhm... I do occasionally fear for my life. On account of a certain someone." >.>

Alton: "You need to stop making her angry."

Enzo: "I would if I knew how." shrug

Alton: "To answer the question: no. We don't prank people."

Katherine: "I put a fake spider on Kyle's bed one time. And he's been deathly afraid of them ever since." pause "I think he doesn't remember that though." :|

Richard: "I'm a great prankster."

Lucille: "I don't prank people. I have better things to do with my time."

Richard: "That's not what Claire told me."

Lucille: :|

Richard: "I'm pretty sure you pranked someone once."

Lucille: "If you tell him, I will murder you."

Richard: "I would never." :)

Lucille: >.>

Q: What do you consider your greatest flaw?

• @Blackbird

Jack: "She thinks she pranks people, but not really."
    Emily: "Excuse me... My pranks are legendary."
    Jack: "Your pranks are way too nice, love. They barely inconvenience anyone. We humor you, really."

Maya: I can show you! ^_^

Haris: I don't think you need a pranking protege.

Maya: None of my children will take it up, so I think I do.

Haris: I think it's probably for the better, you not having a pranking protege.

Maya: I don't really agree with that.

Haris: Okay. :/

Enzo: "I would if I knew how." shrug

I'd say ask, but I guess she probably forgets by the time you ask?

Richard: "I'm pretty sure you pranked someone once."
    Lucille: "If you tell him, I will murder you."

Mm-hmm. thinking emoji

Q: What do you consider your greatest flaw?

Esteban: Hmm. Let me think on this.

Miranda: What? You're flawless. No need. waves hand

Esteban: Okay.

Miranda: Personally, my current greatest flaw is that my head hurts.

Esteban: I don't think this is what the question meant. :/ Do you want water or something?

Miranda: No, I think it's a caffeine headache.

Esteban: Do you want... coffee, then? Or something?

Miranda: Maybe.

Lorneth: I do have a hard time with money.

Nikreth: coughs

Joshi: I'm not as active as I should be, or as much as I'd like to be.

Nikreth: coughs

Joshi: Do you have something to say?

Nikreth: I read that you're supposed to keep mean things to yourself. nods

Joshi: :|

Lorneth: Okay, I'm going home now.

Chad: I still have no idea how Jean Reynolds won so many Academy Awards.

Sharone: No one does.

Chad: It haunts me at night.

Sharone: It haunts everyone.

Chad: She just. She didn't deserve them.

Sharone: Is it a flaw if everyone has it?

Chad: Yes.

Sharone: Thanks for the clarification. Hm. Maybe my lack of self control.

Chad: Well, a lot of people have problems with that.

Sharone: Just like a lot of people have problems with the fact Jean won the Academys.

Chad: It just makes me mad to think about.

Haris: I think maybe my willingness to believe that everyone has a good side.

Maya: D: That's what I love about you.

Haris: I can't say it hasn't caused me problems.

Maya: It just needs moderation. It's a good thing to have optimism. Honestly, I probably don't have enough.

Haris: :/ I wouldn't say that. You just use it selectively. I... don't. I have faith in everything.

Maya: Either my lack of optimism or my lack of anger management.

Q: What do you consider your greatest virtue?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (December Edition):

Maya: I can show you! ^_^
    Haris: I don't think you need a pranking protege.
    Maya: None of my children will take it up, so I think I do.
    Haris: I think it's probably for the better, you not having a pranking protege.
    Maya: I don't really agree with that.
    Haris: Okay. :/

Emily: "Uhm... Okay?" :)

Jack: "I wish you all the luck trying to get this one to misbehave."

Emily: "I think he forgets I literally ran away with him." -.-

I'd say ask, but I guess she probably forgets by the time you ask?

Enzo: "It's more complicated than that I'm afraid. I honestly don't think she knows sometimes. Johanna has a lot of problems she still refuses to share with me."

Alton: sigh

Esteban: Hmm. Let me think on this.
    Miranda: What? You're flawless. No need. waves hand
    Esteban: Okay.

Okay, then. lol

It lowkey bothers me that however many years in the future where these characters are, people still actually care about the Academy Awards.

Haris' biggest flaw is being too much of a good person. I am not surprised. :P

Q: What do you consider your greatest virtue?

Jack: "Definitely patience."

Emily: "I can't disagree with that. You never lose your temper. Ever."

Jack: "I wouldn't say ever, but... Not usually."

Emily: "I don't know. I try to be nice. I'm nice, I guess."

Jack: "You're too nice. It worries me."

Emily: :/

Jack: "I'm just saying."

Jen: "I... Don't like this question."

Marshall: "I can think at least ten things you could say."

Jen: "That's what you would consider my virtues, though, isn't it?"

Marshall: "Oh." :|

Jen: "Yeah. Oh." sigh "I guess... I will say loyalty. That sounds like the most genuinely valuable out of all my qualities."

Marshall: "I'm... Smart?"

Jen: snort "Was that a question? Because if you have to ask..."

Marshall: :| "I don't want to answer. You'll get mad again."

Jen: "You do so have virtues."

Marshall: "But I don't consider that I do, though."

Jen: "Ugh. You... Stupid... Adorable... Little man." >.<

Marshall: doesn't know if he's being praised or scolded at this point "Thank... You?" :|

Alton: "Discipline, I guess."

Enzo: "I'm optimistic. And I think that's a good thing most of the time."

Kat: "Hmm... I'm very responsible." nods

Richard: "I'm loyal and dependable." nods

Lucille: "I'd slightly disagree with the latter statement, but I don't think that's something we should get into."

Richard: "No. We shouldn't." -.-

Lucille: "I'm just saying."

Richard: "It's noted."

Lucille: "I'm honest. I guess that counts." shrugs

Q: Are you ticklish?

• @Blackbird

Emily: "Uhm... Okay?" :)
    Jack: "I wish you all the luck trying to get this one to misbehave."
    Emily: "I think he forgets I literally ran away with him." -.-

Maya: She agreed to learn how to do better pranks. That means you need to be more supportive. No more sarcastic "good luck"s, and more sincere "You'll do great"s. :|

It lowkey bothers me that however many years in the future where these characters are, people still actually care about the Academy Awards.

Chad: They're a big deal. I'm more bothered that you don't care >.>

Kat: "Hmm... I'm very responsible." nods

I'd say probably, yes :P

Q: Are you ticklish?

Miranda: sighs yes.

Esteban: smug look

Miranda: It's kind of annoying.

Esteban: I never use it against her.

Miranda: sighs

Joshi: I still don't understand what it is or how it works.

Nikreth: I'm guessing it's entertaining. shrugs

Sharone: Yeah. :/

Chad: It depends on the day.

Sharone: What does that even mean?

Chad: Wait, we are not talking about what I thought we were.

Sharone: ...What did you think we were talking about?

Chad: I'm not sure, but it wasn't ticklishness.

Sharone: Then why...? Never mind. Carry on.

Maya: This is a strange question, isn't it?

Haris: I'm ticklish.

Maya: I used to be, when I was little.

Haris: Is that why there is no joy in your life?

Maya: o_o The mystery is solved.

Q: What's your favorite pie?

• @typical_demigod

Maya: She agreed to learn how to do better pranks. That means you need to be more supportive. No more sarcastic "good luck"s, and more sincere "You'll do great"s. :|

Jack: "First of all, that was not sarcasm. I've been married to this woman for fifteen years and I was making an honest assessment of her ability to prank. Also, it's nice of you to offer Emily help with something, but don't tell me what to do. Thank you." crosses arms

Emily: "Jack, be nice."

Jack: "I'm nice." shrug "I just don't appreciate a stranger telling me how I should behave. If anyone gets to do that, it's you." >.>

Emily: chuckle

Chad: They're a big deal. I'm more bothered that you don't care >.>

It could cease to exist today and it would affect my life in nothing. So why should I?

Miranda: sighs yes.
    Esteban: smug look
    Miranda: It's kind of annoying.
    Esteban: I never use it against her.
    Miranda: sighs

I don't believe you. :P

Chad: It depends on the day.
    Sharone: What does that even mean?
    Chad: Wait, we are not talking about what I thought we were.
    Sharone: ...What did you think we were talking about?
    Chad: I'm not sure, but it wasn't ticklishness.

o.o wut

Q: What's your favorite pie?

Emily: "I don't like pie."

Jack: sigh

Emily: "Don't judge me." >.>

Jack: "I'm not judging you. I'm just contemplating the fact there could be more pie in our lives overall if you also enjoyed it."

Emily: "I can make pies."

Jack: "I'm not comfortable with you putting work into things you can't enjoy." pause "Often, at least." >.>

Emily: smirk "Uh-huh."

Jack: "I like pie." >.>

Emily: "Mhm." :)

Jack: "I really like pecan pie."

Emily: "Good to hear."

Jack: >.>

Jen: "Are tarts considered pies? Because if so, I like pear tarts best. But if not... Peach pie. Peach pie is great."

Marshall: "Tarts are not pies."

Jen: "Are you sure?"

Marshall: "90% sure."

Jen: "Huh. Peach it is, then."

Marshall: "Chocolate rum pie."

Jen: "Thought you're not allowed to drink, though."

Marshall: "It's pie, you eat it." >.>

Jen: grin "You... Rule breaker."

Marshall: "I... No..." >.>

Jen: "Yes, you are."

Marshall: "I'll ask Witters, but I'm positive the 'no alcohol' rule does not apply to foods." :|

Jen: "Marsh, come on..." snort

Marshall: "I didn't break my vows with pie." >.>

Jen: "...." poorly concealed giggle

Marshall: "This is not cause for laughter."

Jen: "You're being overdramatic."

Marshall: "I swore an oath." :|

Jen: gives hugs "I'm sure it's fine."

Enzo: "Lemon pie."

Alton: "Anything with berries in it."

Katherine: "Apple pie. I kind of gave that one away with the dessert question, huh?" chuckle

Richard: "Cherry."

Lucille: "Oooh, yes, cherry!"

Richard: "You 'ooh-ed' because you were going to say something else. What was it?"

Lucille: "I actually really like sweet potato pie. I had it once in Newhaven. It was really good. But I'd forgotten about cherry." >.>

Q: Coffee or tea?

• @Blackbird

Jack: "First of all, that was not sarcasm. I've been married to this woman for fifteen years and I was making an honest assessment of her ability to prank. Also, it's nice of you to offer Emily help with something, but don't tell me what to do. Thank you." crosses arms
    Emily: "Jack, be nice."
    Jack: "I'm nice." shrug "I just don't appreciate a stranger telling me how I should behave. If anyone gets to do that, it's you." >.>
    Emily: chuckle

Maya: laughs Fair enough.

It could cease to exist today and it would affect my life in nothing. So why should I?

I'm really upset because I had an argument for Chad when I read this the other day and now I don't remember what it was headdesk

Marshall: "Chocolate rum pie."
    Jen: "Thought you're not allowed to drink, though."
    Marshall: "It's pie, you eat it." >.>
    Jen: grin "You... Rule breaker."
    Marshall: "I... No..." >.>
    Jen: "Yes, you are."
    Marshall: "I'll ask Witters, but I'm positive the 'no alcohol' rule does not apply to foods." :|
    Jen: "Marsh, come on..." snort

Soooo.... not to like, give you a crisis, but was the 'no alcohol' rule "No Drinking [Alcohol]" or was it just "No Alcohol [Ever]"? Because if it was the former, then sure, you get by, but if it was the latter, then I can't say you haven't broken your vows with pie :|

Q: Coffee or tea?

Esteban: Tea. I guess. I drink it more than coffee.

Miranda: I don't really drink either, but if I had to pick one, I guess coffee? I drink coffee-based beverages more often.

Esteban: You sip off of my cups all day.

Miranda: Oh.

Lorneth: uhhh... either.

Nikreth: They're not always warm.

Lorneth: Oh.

Joshi: I wouldn't drink either, then.

Nikreth: I guess you could microwave them or something.

Joshi: That's too much work. Get them hot originally or don't drink them.

Lorneth: Basically.

(I write as I sip from a cup of iced coffee.)

Sharone: I love coffee, but I love my sweet tea, too.

Chad: Sweet tea is... too sweet.

Sharone: Eh, it depends.

Chad: I think I would drink lemonade.

Sharone: Not coffee, the alternative of the question?

Chad: No, because coffee is too bitter for me, and I never get the proportion of cream and sugar right.

Maya: I drink a lot of coffee. nods

Haris: I like spicy teas.

Q: What types of stories do you enjoy?

• @typical_demigod

I'm really upset because I had an argument for Chad when I read this the other day and now I don't remember what it was headdesk

That's too bad. :|

Soooo.... not to like, give you a crisis, but was the 'no alcohol' rule "No Drinking [Alcohol]" or was it just "No Alcohol [Ever]"? Because if it was the former, then sure, you get by, but if it was the latter, then I can't say you haven't broken your vows with pie :|

Jen: "Marsh, it's okay. Even if that's true. No one needs to know and I doubt anyone would care."

Marshall: "I care." :|

Jen: sigh "You know what? You work hard. You should be allowed to enjoy your favorite pie without having a meltdown. Hang on." walks off

Jen: comes back dragging the housekeeper along "Would you be so kind as to repeat what you just told me?"

Cynthia: "Uhm... Okay... Most alcohol completely evaporates from foods that have been cooked for at least thirty seconds."

Jen: smiles "See? You're fine."

Cynthia: "Sometimes I feel you don't pay me enough." -.-

Jen: "If you genuinely feel that way we can discuss it." shrug

Cynthia: blushes furiously "No, Miss, that's not... It's not necessary. I was just making a joke. Uhm... May I please be excused?"

Jen: "Yes, you may."

Marshall: "You're giving her a raise."

Jen: "Definitely." :|

Marshall: "Can she make chocolate rum pie?"

Jen: chuckle "I'll ask her."

(I need to develop Cynthia now :P)

Chad: I think I would drink lemonade.

I'll accept this only because in the current heat that'd probably be my answer too. Unless I could have Ice Tea. >.>

And I have started to randomly want coffee again lately after pretty much a decade of not having it at all. I don't know how I feel about that. :|

Q: What types of stories do you enjoy?

Jack: "All of them."

Emily: "Literally. This man has an unlimited supply of stories."

Jack: "I try." smile

Emily: "Indeed you do." chuckle "I like adventure stories."

Jen: "Hm. Well, I read mostly, history books. Although, you can argue some of that to be fictional so maybe it counts as 'stories'. I also like poetry. A little bit. Sometimes."

Marshall: "I read mostly scientific research and mythology books. Although, she makes me read poetry with her."

Jen: "Pft, you enjoy that."

Marshall: "I enjoy spending time with you. I could do without poetry."

Jen: :)

Alton: "I read anything I can get my hands on. I'm not too fond of strictly romantic things, but I can put up with it if I must."

Enzo: "I like everything. All the stories." :)

Katherine: "I like romance and adventure. I read some things with dragons and pirates for my brothers sometimes and I've taken a liking to those." ^^

Richard: "I don't read a lot and when I do it's mostly historical records and other things like that."

Lucille: "I like silly romance stories. They're a good escape."

Q: What is something you tolerate for the sake of someone important in your life?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.