Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition)

• @typical_demigod

William: Your mother probably tried to raise you, not spend a little time with you when she had the free time ;)

Gerald: "Both. My mom was very busy. And my dad lived literally across Valcrest." shrug

That sounds cold, but well-played, Lena.

Eldric: "It was very cold." =.=

William: Is that why you started sleeping with the entire court? You wanted to prove that you could be less faithful than Derac?
    Ceamath: No. Though, now that you say that, I bet I have been less faithful than Derac.

Well done? ^.-

Q: Do you ever set personal goals for yourself? What types, and do you usually succeed in them?

Gabrielle: "I know myself well enough by now to accept I'm not getting any better."

Johanna: "I try. Doesn't always work."

Gerald: "What's one goal you set for yourself?"

Johanna: "Being more reasonable." smile

Gerald: "And would you say you succeeded?"

Johanna: "I'd call it an honest attempt."

Gerald: "I try to be, you know, more tactful in general. Try and be more patient and understanding of some things. Likewise, it hasn't always worked."

Dani: "Not really."

Lena: "My goal is to be better."

Dani: "Just in general?"

Lena: "Yes. You can always be better." nods

Emmett: "I've never done that, no. I try not to concern myself too much with success. I had that drilled into my head for too long. I just want a peaceful existence now."

Eldric: "I've had enough goals set for me. So no. No, thank you." :|

Q: Who would you say is your best friend?

• @Blackbird Poor Eldric lol

Well done? ^.-

Ceamath: bows

William: I don't think...

Emmett: "I've never done that, no. I try not to concern myself too much with success. I had that drilled into my head for too long. I just want a peaceful existence now."

Success is relative.

I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't for all of these goals to concern character. I meant it a little more broadly. Things like, "I'm going to start running a mile every day" and others of that nature as well as character-based goals.

Q: Who would you say is your best friend?

William: decisively Falcon.

Ceamath: giggles

Arial: raises eyebrow Do you even know his real name?

William: ...how do you know it's not?

Arial: Mmmmm-hmmm.

William: Rude.

Arial: I'm just saying.

Ceamath: My best friend is every cat in existence.

Arial: That sounds... fluffy.

William: I'm sorry, hold on, Falcon being my best friend is unrealistic, but she's allowed to have every cat in existence be her best friend?

Arial: shrugs Well, my best friend is my dog.

William: Does it actually exist?

Arial: You're in a bad mood today, aren't you?

Adaellae: I'm not giving any names because I don't trust this lot of fools, but the aforementioned suitor of mine is certainly my best friend.

Id'en: Ah... myself? Does that count?

Q: Do you/would you enjoy the horror genre?

• @typical_demigod

Success is relative.

Emmett: "Try telling my father that." -.-

William: I'm sorry, hold on, Falcon being my best friend is unrealistic, but she's allowed to have every cat in existence be her best friend?

I'm still siding with William on this.

Id'en: Ah... myself? Does that count?

Sure. :|

Q: Do you/would you enjoy the horror genre?

Gabrielle: "Eeeeeh, I don't dislike it, but it's not my favorite. Horror stories can be cliche and stupid sometimes."

Gerald: "I've not read much of it, to be honest."

Johanna: "No."

Sebastian: "Sometimes."

Kyle: "I like it. I think it's good to be scared sometimes."

Sebastian: "Do you actually find those scary, though?"

Kyle: "Some of them."

Sebastian: "Such as...?"

Kyle: snort "I'm not telling you."

Sebastian: "Why not? I'm your brother, you should trust me."

Kyle: "Nope. You'll try to scare me and then I'll probably end up setting your hair on fire or something."

Sebastian: "Pft, that wouldn't happen."

Kyle: "Yes it would." =.=

Dani: "I don't dislike it, but... It doesn't affect me very much."

Lena: "Actually..."

Dani: "Anymore. They don't affect anymore." >.<

Lena: "Fair enough. I do enjoy some of the more psychological things. Human crimes are a lot scarier in my opinion because they feel more real than ghosts or monsters, or what have yous..."

Eldric: "I don't particularly care for it."

Emmett: "I don't read much, to be honest." shrug

Q: Do you have any artistic talents?

• @Blackbird You know, I would tell your father that, but I feel like I don't have the energy for that argument, so maybe I'll think about doing it another night.

Kyle: "Nope. You'll try to scare me and then I'll probably end up setting your hair on fire or something."
    Sebastian: "Pft, that wouldn't happen."
    Kyle: "Yes it would." =.=

And Sebastian would be bald.

Aw, don't feel bad Dani. Fear happens to the best of us.

Q: Do you have any artistic talents?

Ceamath: Sure.

William:

Ceamath: What?

William: What... kind?

Ceamath: Sculpting, mostly. Storytelling, as well.

Arial: You just do a bit of everything, don't you?

Ceamath: I enjoy doing new things. Sculpting is one I took to. Storytelling, I can do it, but I don't do it unless I need to.

Arial: Huh. Well, I'm told I have a hand at drawing, but I'm skeptical. laughs

William: Well draw something, then.

Arial: looks at William I can't produce art on the spot.

William: rolls eyes That's dumb.

Ceamath: Do you have any artistic talents?

William: I consider lying to be a form of storytelling, and I can be decent at that when I try.

Adaellae: The art of oration. Speeches don't write themselves.

Id'en: Ah... no.

Q: Have you ever had to do some form of public speaking? Did you do well?

• @typical_demigod

You know, I would tell your father that, but I feel like I don't have the energy for that argument, so maybe I'll think about doing it another night.

Emmett: "Story of my life."

And Sebastian would be bald.

Sebastian: "Might look good on me. Who knows?" :P

William: Well draw something, then.
    Arial: looks at William I can't produce art on the spot.

I hate being put on this spot like this. :|

I had a teacher be like "do this in front of everyone right now or you're a liar" about me knowing English. And this was in sixth grade. I haven't seen this woman in well over a decade. But I still legitimately hope life fucked her over somehow for doing that to me.

She wasn't even an English teacher. She just decided I was showing off that day because I agreed to translate a song for a classmate. -.-

Lying is definitely an art form.

Q: Have you ever had to do some form of public speaking? Did you do well?

Gabrielle: "I don't see why I'd ever put myself in that position."

Gerald: "No."

Johanna: casually hides behind Gerald

Sebastian: "I think I could be good at speeches if I have to."

Kyle: "Good. You do that. I'll be over here not making eye contact."

Dani: chuckle "Oh, boy." sigh "Add this to the list of leadership skills I lack."

Lena: "I wouldn't consider public speaking a problematic thing for you."

Dani: "I don't think I'm very articulate."

Lena: "You just used the word 'articulate' in a sentence. I think you're good compared to other fifteen-year-olds."

Dani: "I... Well... I guess."

Lena: "I don't enjoy the idea of giving speeches, but if I have to I'm sure I'll do fine."

Eldric: "You do enjoy lecturing."

Lena: "Yes."

Sarah: "No, thank you." smiles

Q: Do you thrive or break under pressure?

• @Blackbird Petition to find out if Sebastian looks good bald.

I hate being put on this spot like this. :|
    I had a teacher be like "do this in front of everyone right now or you're a liar" about me knowing English. And this was in sixth grade. I haven't seen this woman in well over a decade. But I still legitimately hope life fucked her over somehow for doing that to me.
    She wasn't even an English teacher. She just decided I was showing off that day because I agreed to translate a song for a classmate. -.-

:|

Why are teachers like that tho??? it's like they can't believe that students might not be totally ignorant and might know something.

Stories like this make me immensely pleased that I have never had to endure the public school system >.>

Lying is definitely an art form.

William: nods Good.

Arial: Are you going to start saying you're an artist when people ask what your career is?

William: What other choice do I have?

Gerald: "No."

You did badly at your speech?

Dani: chuckle "Oh, boy." sigh "Add this to the list of leadership skills I lack."
    Lena: "I wouldn't consider public speaking a problematic thing for you."
    Dani: "I don't think I'm very articulate."
    Lena: "You just used the word 'articulate' in a sentence. I think you're good compared to other fifteen-year-olds."
    Dani: "I... Well... I guess."

Tbh the hardest part about giving a speech is speaking slowly and giving all the information you want to/need to in a way that makes sense. Articulation, meh.

Q: Do you thrive or break under pressure?

William: Sometimes I feel like all my life is is pressure.

Ceamath: I do very well under pressure.

Arial: It depends what kind of pressure.

Ceamath: Yeah?

Arial: Yeah. If it's something social, I break very easily. On most everything else, though, I can do pretty well under pressure.

William: Society is stressful.

Arial: Only a little.

Adaellae: I'd say I do well under pressure.

Id'en: I don't think I break under pressure, but I wouldn't say I thrive under it, either.

Q: Yes or no?

• @typical_demigod

Petition to find out if Sebastian looks good bald.

Kyle: "Okay, hold still."

Johanna: "No." =.=

Kyle: "But..."

Johanna: "Not funny."

Kyle: sigh "Fine." -.-

Why are teachers like that tho??? it's like they can't believe that students might not be totally ignorant and might know something.
    Stories like this make me immensely pleased that I have never had to endure the public school system >.>

That was in private school, tbh. And ya know, I had a lot of good teachers, just that one straight up didn't like me. My mom actually told me (many years later) that she said I had an attitude problem and that I was arrogant. :|

Arial: Are you going to start saying you're an artist when people ask what your career is?
    William: What other choice do I have?

Sounds like the only logical course of action really.

You did badly at your speech?

Gerald: "I was supposed to speak at my mother's funeral, but I couldn't do it." shrug

William: Sometimes I feel like all my life is is pressure.

Don't we all? -.-

Q: Yes or no?

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald:"No."

Johanna: "Maybe."

Kyle: "No."

Sebastian: "Yes."

Kyle: "You shouldn't go saying yes to strangers like that."

Sebastian: "I didn't sign any binding contracts or anything. I think I'll be alright." shrugs

Dani: "Yes!"

Lena: "Yes, what?"

Dani: "I 'unno, but it could be something good."

Lena: "What if it isn't?"

Dani: "Life is about taking risks." shrug

Lena: "No." >.>

Dani: "Pft."

Emmett: "Yes. Why not."

Sarah: "No." shrug

Q: Someone you know and trust (if there is no one, imagine there was), says "hey, I need a favor". Do you say yes (or no) immediately or do you ask what the favor is before you commit?

• @Blackbird

That was in private school, tbh. And ya know, I had a lot of good teachers, just that one straight up didn't like me. My mom actually told me (many years later) that she said I had an attitude problem and that I was arrogant. :|

This makes me realize that the issue with people is you can be around a bunch of great people but that one bad person will leave a bad taste in your mouth for much longer :P

Gerald: "I was supposed to speak at my mother's funeral, but I couldn't do it." shrug

:|

Those of you that said 'yes' get muffins of your choice.

0_1511279850948_00ffdf6a-9c72-4f06-83d5-7e24f57c9909-image.png

Because the 'maybe' was Jo I'll let her have one, but there's no changing your answer for the rest of you.

Q: Someone you know and trust (if there is no one, imagine there was), says "hey, I need a favor". Do you say yes (or no) immediately or do you ask what the favor is before you commit?

William: Yeah.

Arial: No. I've had some pretty idiotic friends. I had a buddy come up to me and say "I need a favor". No, he needed me to help with the loan sharks that he pissed off. If I don't get to find out what it is ahead of time, I'm not committing to anything.

Ceamath: I would only commit ahead of time if I knew that the favor would be exciting. Otherwise, I would have to know if it's worth my time.

Adaellae: I would probably help with their favor, but I would appreciate knowing what was wrong first.

Id'en: I would probably say yes immediately.

Q: How easily do you lose your temper?

• @typical_demigod

Those of you that said 'yes' get muffins of your choice.

Gabrielle: "I can live with that."

Gerald: "Likewise."

Johanna: tries to share her muffin with the others

Gerald: "Nah. No. Yours." -.-

Johanna: :/

Gabrielle: "We're not heartbroken over this. Eat your muffin."

Johanna: ^.^

Kyle: :|

Sebastian: gives Kyle half his muffin "See, you need to learn to say yes to life."

Kyle: "Clearly." noms his half muffin

Dani: "Ha."

Lena: "I can live with this."

Sarah: looks visibly upset

Dani: "..." sigh "Here, Sarah, you can have mine."

Sarah: ^.^ hugs

Emmett: "Sweet!"

Q: How easily do you lose your temper?

Gabrielle: "Rarely."

Gerald: "Not easily. At least not now."

Johanna: "Depends."

Gerald: "That is to say, she has endless patience with everyone but me."

Johanna: "No." pause "Shut up."

Gerald: "Case in point."

Johanna: -.-

Kyle: "Easier than I'd like."

Sebastian: "Not very."

Dani: "Heh. I'm usually a very easy-going person. You can't set me off with just any provocation, but... In some situations, I can go off pretty easily."

Lena: "I usually have a good grasp on my temper. As evidenced by the fact the entire clan isn't in a constant state of insanity."

Sarah: "I don't lose my temper if people don't argue with me." shrug

Dani: "..."

Emmett: "I'm overall a calm person."

Eldric: "According to some, I have literally no temper. So." :|

Lena: "Wait, is that meant to imply you have permanently lost your temper and you're just flying off the handles all the time or that you're so apathetic you're incapable of even developing one?"

Eldric: "If I were to guess I'd say the latter."

Lena: "That's harsh."

Eldric: "Maybe. I don't mind."

Lena: :|

Q: Have you ever tried to help someone who claimed to not want or need your help?

• @Blackbird I should ask the yes/no question in a few months, but instead of giving them muffins, I'll give them like, pet snakes or something.

Sarah: "I don't lose my temper if people don't argue with me." shrug

Makes sense.

Is Emmett one of those people that's really hard to make angry, but once you do, you regret it whole-heartedly?

Q: Have you ever tried to help someone who claimed to not want or need your help?

Arial: Yeah.

Ceamath: Generally, if a person doesn't ask me for help, I see no reason to help them. If they can't swallow their pride long enough to ask for help, then they don't really need it, do they?

William: I wouldn't go that far. Sometimes people have other reasons not to ask for help than pride.

Ceamath: Like?

William: ... I don't know. I'm just saying. >.>

Adaellae: I tried to help my brother when he decided that he should be a mercenary. It didn't work, but I tried.

Id'en: I have done it. I'm more careful about it now than I used to be. Some people... some people get very upset when you try to help when they don't want it.

Q: Cupcake or slice of cake?

• @typical_demigod

I should ask the yes/no question in a few months, but instead of giving them muffins, I'll give them like, pet snakes or something.

I don't know why I see this escalating into some cruel social experiment where my characters end up more unable to trust others than they already are... But I'm oddly okay with that. :|

Is Emmett one of those people that's really hard to make angry, but once you do, you regret it whole-heartedly?

Pretty much.

Ceamath: Generally, if a person doesn't ask me for help, I see no reason to help them. If they can't swallow their pride long enough to ask for help, then they don't really need it, do they?
    William: I wouldn't go that far. Sometimes people have other reasons not to ask for help than pride.
    Ceamath: Like?
    William: ... I don't know. I'm just saying. >.>

They're afraid to be judged. They don't want to be an inconvenience. They feel they don't deserve it. They don't realize they're in a bad situation yet... Etc. shrug

Q: Cupcake or slice of cake?

Gabrielle: "I enjoy all forms of cake equally."

Gerald: "Hm... Cake slice I guess."

Johanna: "Both."

Kyle: "Yes. Both." >.>

Sebastian: "I already had half a muffin, I'm set."

Kyle: "More for me." :P

Dani: "Hm. Cake slice."

Lena: "Is there actually a difference? Cupcakes are just small cakes, so, what's the difference really between a small cake and just piece of a larger cake?"

Dani: "It's dessert, Lena. Pick one and be done with it."

Lena: "Cupcake. Whatever." shrug

Emmett: "I don't really like cupcakes, but I do like cake. So I'd argue that, no, it's not the same."

Sarah: "You don't like cupcakes? What's wrong with you?"

Emmett: shrug

Q: Is there something that everyone you know likes and you don't?

• @Blackbird

I don't know why I see this escalating into some cruel social experiment where my characters end up more unable to trust others than they already are... But I'm oddly okay with that. :|

pffft I'd never perform a cruel social experiment on characters.

Probably.

They're afraid to be judged. They don't want to be an inconvenience. They feel they don't deserve it. They don't realize they're in a bad situation yet... Etc. shrug

William: points

Ceamath: Hmm. I see.

Now I kind of want cake :/

Q: Is there something that everyone you know likes and you don't?

William: Soup.

Arial: What... kind?

William: All. All soup.

Arial: What about --

William: All soup.

Ceamath: What if it's the middle of winter and it's cold outside?

William: What if?

Arial: reconsidering relationship choices tbh

Ceamath: Personally, sweet drinks. It's just... drinking sugar in liquid form isn't my thing. I will eat sugar in solid form, though. Hmm.

Arial: ah... ice cream? I don't know if that's something everyone I know likes, but I'm sure most of them do?

William: And I'm an outcast for not eating soup. rolls eyes

Ceamath: What if it's the middle of summer and it's hot outside?

Arial: There are other ways to cool down. Anyway, if it's hot, the ice cream will just melt.

Adaellae: At least from this group, everyone likes alcohol. I don't.

Id'en: Everyone I know likes fish, but I can't stand the flavor. And I can always taste it. Always. :|

Q: Would you say you have a high pain tolerance?

• @typical_demigod

pffft I'd never perform a cruel social experiment on characters.
    Probably.

Mhm.

I'd prefer muffins, tbh. Or brownies. :|

And you know what? I don't like soup very much either. I like this one soup my mom makes, but it has to be really cold for me to want it. Which sadly doesn't happen much over here.

Q: Would you say you have a high pain tolerance?

Gabrielle: "Yes, I would."

Gerald: "Well, after breaking every bone in my hand. Twice. I feel that I can tolerate more than I could before."

Johanna: "See? That... Was good for you."

Gerald: frown

Kyle: "Well, you did tell us that pain doesn't kill you but fearing pain might? By that logic, you know, Jo has a point."

Gerald: "First of all, not being afraid of pain doesn't mean enjoying it, and most importantly; don't encourage her." -.-

Johanna: grin

Sebastian: "It's higher than Kyle's. Either that or he just whines over nothing a lot."

Kyle: "Hey!"

"I can't take it anymore," Kyle whined from under his covers, "Gerald is trying to kill us. I know he's trying to kill us."
    "He's not trying to kill us."

^First lines of chapter seven. :P

Dani: "It's high. Or at least, Lena says it is."

Lena: "It's definitely higher than mine." o.O

Dani: "You're in constant pain, though. I don't know how you function."

Lena: "I function because I have to." shrug

Dani: :|

Sarah: "I... Don't know?" pause "Let's find out." turns to Eldric "Punch me in the arm."

Eldric: "What? No!"

Sarah: "Don't be a baby. I can take it."

Dani: "Sarah... No. Eldric could snap you like a toothpick. I'm not letting him punch you."

Sarah: "You do it, then."

Dani: "I'm not punching you!"

Sarah: "Come on! You people are a bunch of pansies."

Lena: lightly punches Sarah in the arm

Sarah: "Ooooow.... Mom!"

Lena: "See? You can't handle a punch."

Dani: "Mom is going to murder you."

Lena: "I barely put any strength in that. I think I'll live."

Sarah: rubs her punched arm while giving Lena a look of utter betrayal T.T

Lena: "Don't look at me like that, I did what you asked." sigh "Stop pouting at me and I'll play Olith with you."

Sarah: immediately stops crying "Okay!"

Lena: "Not for coin, though."

Sarah: "Aw."

Lena: "Joe said not until you're older. You don't even have your own money to gamble with."

Sarah: "Does it matter? I always win."

Lena: snort "Still."

Sarah: "Fine." rolls eyes

Q: What is a 'horrible' moment from your childhood that, looking back as an adult, really doesn't seem like that big of a deal?

• @Blackbird Aw, that's sad. You need to get a weather machine so that it's colder more often and you can enjoy it more.

Johanna: "See? That... Was good for you."
    Gerald: frown

0_1511304002811_4747dc72-3b99-46c6-b231-a0078f92b3b4-image.png

I vote that Kyle just whines over nothing a lot :P

Q: What is a 'horrible' moment from your childhood that, looking back as an adult, really doesn't seem like that big of a deal?

Ceamath: There was one time I got punched in the face.

Arial: raises eyebrow Why?

Ceamath: I'm... not sure. I forgot. Anyway, as a child, I swore vengeance, but as an adult, I realize that that kid was always going to be paid back for his cruelty.

William: ...How was he paid back?

Ceamath: I murdered him.

Adaellae: How shocking.

Arial: squints I can't tell if you're being serious or just saying that.

Ceamath: laughs No, I didn't murder him. He joined the navy and, from what I understand, is laying somewhere at the bottom of the ocean.

William: Sounds unfortunate.

Ceamath: dark look Not for that cruel little bastard.

Arial: ookay. Uh... maybe the time I had to eat soap for swearing.

William: snorts

Ceamath: Have you never eaten soap or something?

Arial: Look at him. It's obvious that he eats it of his own free will. He loves the flavor.

William: blinks

Ceamath: Yep, definitely.

William: No, that... shakes head in confusion No. Anyway, uuuuhmm.... when I was learning how to read, I didn't really take it very seriously--

Ceamath: What do you take seriously?

William: :| Anyway. My father told me that if I didn't start taking it seriously then I wasn't allowed to have desserts anymore. Mind you, we only had some sort of dessert once a week, but that was enough to put me in order. In hindsight, not having a dessert isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Arial: What about reading?

William: Oh, well, that's a good thing, if you can get your hands on reading materials. Anyway, I would've learned that eventually.

Adaellae: I remember the first time I found out someone lied to me, as a young child.

Ceamath: I wasn't expecting you to have the cynical answer.

Arial: Yeah, that's my job -.-

William: It is?

Arial: shrugs It seemed like the right thing to say at the moment.

Adaellae: Have any of you met a politician? All they do is lie. You learn to move past it.

Ceamath: Still. I don't know what I expected from you, but it wasn't that.

Id'en: I guess the time someone threw a ball and it hit me in the face. As an adult, I realize that not everything is on purpose.

Q: What do you do when you find out someone has been lying to you?

• @typical_demigod

I vote that Kyle just whines over nothing a lot :P

Kyle: "Excuse me. Punching a sand-filled bag for six hours is not nothing." >.>

Sebastian: "It's not that bad, though."

Kyle: death glare

Sebastian: chuckle "It's really not."

Kyle: =.=

Arial: ookay. Uh... maybe the time I had to eat soap for swearing.
    William: snorts
    Ceamath: Have you never eaten soap or something?
    Arial: Look at him. It's obvious that he eats it of his own free will. He loves the flavor.
    William: blinks
    Ceamath: Yep, definitely.

Gabrielle: "..."

Kyle: "Soap for swearing? Is this a thing people do!?"

Sebastian: "Apparently."

Kyle: eyes Gabrielle with a wary expression "We don't even swear that much..."

Gabrielle: shrug "Then you have no cause for concern, do you?"

Sebastian: :|

Johanna: "Eating soap is bad for you."

Kyle: "See? We shouldn't eat soap."

Gabrielle: "One more reason to mind your language then."

Kyle: siiiigh -.-

Johanna: gives Gabrielle a stern look

Gabrielle: smirks

Q: What do you do when you find out someone has been lying to you?

Gabrielle: "Depends on who and what about."

Gerald: "I agree. I mean, I don't like being lied to, but if it's not something important I'm not going to be too broken up about it."

Johanna: "I don't like lies." >.>

Gerald: "You lie all the time."

Johanna: "..."

Gerald: "Omission is the same as lying."

Johanna: "It's not." -.-

Gerald: "Yes it is." shrug "Like I said, though, if it's something I don't need to know, or it's personal, I'm not going to be angry about it."

Johanna: "I don't lie." crosses arms

Gerald: "Jo, it's fine." :|

Gabrielle: "To be fair, you only lie because we let you. Because not only are you terrible at it, you will 100% of the time, confess when confronted."

Johanna: "When?"

Gabrielle: "The skunk incident."

Johanna: visibly flustered

Gerald: "Wait, what?"

Gabrielle: "That was before your time, Tucker." snort "To put it simply, someone decided to 'rescue' a skunk from a hunter's trap. Said someone came back to where we were camped at the time absolutely reeking and acting like nothing was out of order; as if that could possibly go unnoticed, and then proceeded to make several failed attempts to hide the situation."

Gerald: "How could you possibly hide something like that?"

Gabrielle: "You can't. But it was hilarious to see her try."

Gerald: chuckle "Why would you even lie about that? It's not like you did something wrong."

Gabrielle: "She didn't want to have to go to the White Shadows. Which, of course, is what had to happen. It wasn't so bad, though, was it?"

Sebastian: "I can be forgiving of lying, but if I know you're lying and I confront you about it and you still deny it... I will be angry. I mean, you want to keep something to yourself, sure, but don't take me for an idiot."

Kyle: "I don't like being lied to. Especially by people I trust. I mean, if you lie to me once what makes anything else you say to me believable whatsoever?"

Dani: "I live in a clan of assassins. We're shady people who lie about things all the time. I'm used to it." shrug

Lena: "Pretty much. Although it's different if it's someone you trust and confide in. I might be upset then."

Dani: "I guess."

Sarah: "I know people lie to me all the time. But it's okay because I know they're trying to protect me." nods

Q: What is the trait you find most attractive in a possible suitor?

• @Blackbird

Kyle: "Excuse me. Punching a sand-filled bag for six hours is not nothing." >.>
    Sebastian: "It's not that bad, though."
    Kyle: death glare
    Sebastian: chuckle "It's really not."
    Kyle: =.=

This is an excuse I would accept if it was the only type of thing you complained about.

Gabrielle: "..."
    Kyle: "Soap for swearing? Is this a thing people do!?"
    Sebastian: "Apparently."
    Kyle: eyes Gabrielle with a wary expression "We don't even swear that much..."
    Gabrielle: shrug "Then you have no cause for concern, do you?"
    Sebastian: :|
    Johanna: "Eating soap is bad for you."
    Kyle: "See? We shouldn't eat soap."
    Gabrielle: "One more reason to mind your language then."
    Kyle: siiiigh -.-
    Johanna: gives Gabrielle a stern look
    Gabrielle: smirks

Arial: :/ I should've been born over there. Soap has no torturous uses.

Gabrielle: "That was before your time, Tucker." snort "To put it simply, someone decided to 'rescue' a skunk from a hunter's trap. Said someone came back to where we were camped at the time absolutely reeking and acting like nothing was out of order; as if that could possibly go unnoticed, and then proceeded to make several failed attempts to hide the situation."

LOL

that's funny

also this has nothing to do with anything in that post but it populated in my game and I thought I'd share:

0_1511541684170_ae01b7f1-7d2d-4894-8f07-26a747fe04b3-image.png

Q: What is the trait you find most attractive in a possible suitor?

William: I'm not exactly looking for a suitor.

Ceamath: What's your point?

William: I'm just saying, this sounds like something you would say to someone you were trying to set up on a blind date.

Ceamath: Maybe I am.

William: That's exactly my problem with this question.

Arial: I guess someone that's... nice? Kind?

William: No one wants a mean suitor.

Arial: People still end up with them.

William: But are they actually happy together? Not usually.

Ceamath: I find handsomeness attractive.

William: headdesk That's the vaguest answer I've ever heard!

Arial: You're not even willing to answer this question.

William: Alright, fine. I find wittiness really attractive.

Ceamath: I knew there was an underlying reason you liked to spend time with me.

William: throws hands up in air

Ceamath: It's okay to admit.

William: Okay, well, I don't exactly find murdering very attractive, so I can't say that you're correct in why I talk to you.

Ceamath: I'm beautiful. I'm witty. The murdering thing, you know, waves hand it's minor compared to those two things.

William: aggravated sound

Ceamath: looks at Arial Denial means it's love.

Arial: I didn't know that.

Ceamath: shrugs The more you know.

Adaellae: I find the ability to make people laugh very nice. Entertaining others is often a hard job.

Id'en: I don't want to answer this. Um. Tallness?

Q: Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?

• @typical_demigod

This is an excuse I would accept if it was the only type of thing you complained about.

Kyle: "You don't know my life." -.-

Sebastian: "I do and I can attest..."

Kyle: "You shut up." >.<

Arial: :/ I should've been born over there. Soap has no torturous uses.

Usually, I wouldn't advise people to come to Valcrest, but... You guys actually seem to have it a bit worse in some aspects. So... Yeah, you should. >.>

William: I'm just saying, this sounds like something you would say to someone you were trying to set up on a blind date.

What do you take me for, some shipper? >.>

Ceamath: I find handsomeness attractive.

You don't say. :|

Id'en: I don't want to answer this. Um. Tallness?

Second best answer, really.

Q: Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather?

Gabrielle: "I'm neutral about the weather. Although, I'll say I prefer the cold weather because then people won't look at me funny for wanting to wear my coat, especially indoors."

Gerald: "You're awfully attached to that coat."

Gabrielle: "It has a lot of pockets and I find that convenient. Besides, heat doesn't bother me."

Gerald: "I like hot weather best."

Johanna: "I like spring."

Gerald: "Spring isn't weather."

Johanna: "It's implied."

Gerald: pause "...Fair enough."

Sebastian: "I like hot weather, but..." looks at Kyle

Kyle: "You know what? No. It's a trap. I'm not answering this."

Sebastian: "Now you're complaining about the question."

Kyle: "You know what? Fuck you."

Gabrielle: "I'm getting the soap."

Kyle: "GAAAAAH."

Sebastian: silently hides behind Gerald "I decided I'd rather not be bald after all."

Dani: "I like hot weather. There's always plenty of shade in the forest and we get more hours of sunlight."

Lena: "I like cold better. Hot tea and blankets are literally my favorite things."

Sarah: "I like all weather. I like swimming in the lake in the summer and I like snowball fights in the winter!"

Eldric: "I hate the cold."

Lena: "Pft. It has its perks."

Eldric: "...Yes. My point stands, though." >.>

Q: How would you describe your hairstyle? Do you like it or do you sometimes think about changing?

• @Blackbird

Usually, I wouldn't advise people to come to Valcrest, but... You guys actually seem to have it a bit worse in some aspects. So... Yeah, you should. >.>

Arial: Maybe I'll try to visit sometime.

You don't say. :|

Ceamath: I do say. Have you seen some of the people that have ended up married?

Arial: They say it's what's on the inside that counts.

Ceamath: I prefer aesthetic pleasure, to be clear.

I shall hold true to my word and say nothing to Kyle. I will say that it is pleasing to see a trend of swearing among adolescents declining. I will also say that one day Gerald is going to stop allowing other people to use him as a human shield.

Q: How would you describe your hairstyle? Do you like it or do you sometimes think about changing?

William: frowns

Ceamath: It's luxurious and soft. runs hand through hair

Arial: My hairstyle can be described as... unobstructive? As in, it doesn't get in my face very much?

William: ...short? My hair is short?

Ceamath: I've spent a lot of time getting my hair to this level of perfection. Wavy, blonde, never tangled, even if I've just run a mile.

Arial: Are you trying to convince me to buy something?

Ceamath: I'm just trying to say that I would never change perfection.

Adaellae: straight face You feel strongly for your hair.

Ceamath: ...

Adaellae: straight face It might be a shame if something happened to it.

Ceamath: ...

William: I guess short isn't really a hairstyle, it's just how my hair looks? Can someone confirm?

Adaellae: straight face Luckily, I don't happen to have any scissors near me.

Ceamath: ... grabs Arial's arm and pulls her up beside Ceamath I have a body guard.

Arial: pulls arm free and walks back where she was standing + 3 yards for good measure You two can handle your own dispute.

Ceamath: looks at Arial You've betrayed me.

Arial: You give me some money, maybe I'll think about volunteering to save your soft as silk hair.

Ceamath: Soft as silk. I'm going to write that one down.

Adaellae: straight face It won't always be soft as silk.

Ceamath: ...ariaaaallll!

Arial: :|

William: I guess I'll just say that I haven't really thought about whether or not I like my hair or whether or not I want to change it. I... I don't really think about my hair at all, to be honest.

Id'en: I would describe my hairstyle as easy to maintain. Partially because its short, and partially because there's not very much. Nope, I like my hair just fine; and no, I don't really think about changing it.

Q: If you had to pick between answering a relatively tricky math question (based upon your level of mathematical knowledge) or writing a relatively tough essay (based upon your level of writing skill), which would you choose?

• @typical_demigod

I will also say that one day Gerald is going to stop allowing other people to use him as a human shield.

Yes. One day he will, actually. :|

Your people are very practical about their hair.

Well most of them. :P

Gabrielle: pulls out a pair of scissors "I'm just going to leave this lying around here... For no reason whatsoever."

Ceamath: ... grabs Arial's arm and pulls her up beside Ceamath I have a body guard.
    Arial: pulls arm free and walks back where she was standing + 3 yards for good measure You two can handle your own dispute.
    Ceamath: looks at Arial You've betrayed me.
    Arial: You give me some money, maybe I'll think about volunteering to save your soft as silk hair.
    Ceamath: Soft as silk. I'm going to write that one down.
    Adaellae: straight face It won't always be soft as silk.
    Ceamath: ...ariaaaallll!
    Arial: :|

Gerald needs to take 'not being used as a shield' lessons from Arial. :P

Gabrielle: "Why?"

I'm curious. shrug

Gabrielle: "I like my hair, I don't want to change it or I would have. That's all I have to say about it."

Johanna: "Gabe's hair is pretty!"

Gabrielle: "Please stop."

Johanna: ^.^

Gabrielle: "Jo... Really likes my hair."

Gerald: "Well, it is pretty good looking hair, Porter, I gotta say."

Gabrielle: >.>

Gerald: "Are you..." blinks "Are you actually blushing?"

Gabrielle: :|

Gerald: snort

Gabrielle: "Let's just move this along please." >.>

Sebastian: "You know, never noticed it until now, but your hair is pretty long."

Gabrielle: "And?"

Sebastian: "It's unpractical."

Gabrielle: sigh "Yes, I know. Look, I like long hair. It was a lot shorter when I was younger because; as you said, it's unpractical, but I decided to grow it out after I was on my own. Can we drop this subject now?"

Gerald: snort "You are such a girl, Porter!"

Gabrielle: "Not as much as you, but yes. I never denied that I am."

Gerald: chuckle

Gabrielle: "Stop giggling and answer the question." =.=

Gerald: "Messy. I think my hair is messy. I don't comb it, nearly ever. And it gets awfully curly when it's longer." runs fingers through his hair and the longer strands immediately curl up when released "So I don't like to let it get too long." shrug

Johanna: "It's not as pretty as Gabe's." shrug

Gabrielle: :| "Your hair is pretty."

Johanna: "It's boring. And I don't do much with it." shrug "I cut it shorter sometimes. When it's hot."

Gerald: "Pft. You have beautiful hair."

Johanna: blushes uncontrollably and flees

Gerald: "I need to stop saying nice things to people today." :|

Gabrielle: "Really. It's almost as if you're not the complete jerk we thought you were."

Gerald: "Won't happen again." nods

Sebastian: "When we got here, Jo cut our hair the same. And Kyle was unhappy about that."

Kyle: "I like my hair longer. So I grew it out a bit." runs fingers through one of the longer strands "It's almost to my shoulders now and I think that's fine."

Sebastian: "I let Jo trim mine to where she wants, I don't mind." shrug "Easier to groom and all that."

Dani: "I don't do much with my hair other than keeping it clean and brushing it in the morning. So, I dunno about 'style'. It's long and a bit wavy; sort of like mom." ^.^

Lena: "You definitely have mom's hair. Only a bit less wavy."

Dani: "I kinda wish it was just straight like yours. Seems like less of a hassle overall. My hair gets stupid frizzy sometimes. Yours is all pretty and smooth." -.-

Lena: "I don't know what to tell you, I don't do anything with my hair." pause "I sure as heck am not changing it."

Dani: "You're thinking about that time you cut it short?"

Lena: "That was a mistake." -.-

Dani: "I looked good on you."

Lena: "Nah. I don't like it short. Never again."

Sarah: "I wanna cut my hair short one day."

Dani: "Aaw, but you have such pretty hair."

Sarah: "It'll be just as pretty short." nods

Dani: pause "I wish I had this kid's confidence." -.-

Q: If you had to pick between answering a relatively tricky math question (based upon your level of mathematical knowledge) or writing a relatively tough essay (based upon your level of writing skill), which would you choose?

Gabrielle: "The essay. It'd probably take less time and while I'm not terrible at math, I don't enjoy it to any extent."

Gerald: "The essay."

Gabrielle: "That'll give you the opportunity to put that fancy handwriting to use." nods

Gerald: "I regret saying nice things about your hair."

Gabrielle: "Good."

Johanna: "I don't want to." crosses arms

Sebastian: "Math. It requires less thinking than an essay."

Kyle: "WHAT? In what Universe?"

Sebastian: "All of them. Math is an exact science, Kyle. It's not subjective. Writing is."

Kyle: "I'll take the essay any time. No. Screw that."

Dani: "Math."

Lena: "Essay."

Sarah: "I'm bad at math. But I'm not sure what an essay... Is...?"

Lena: "You basically write about a particular topic."

Sarah: "Oh. I can do that!"

Dani: "I'm sure you can." :)

Q: What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?

• @Blackbird

Your people are very practical about their hair.
    Well most of them. :P
    Gabrielle: pulls out a pair of scissors "I'm just going to leave this lying around here... For no reason whatsoever."

Ceamath: Yes, well, who has the prettiest hair of us all?

William: Is it? Is it me?

Arial: You didn't even know what to call your hair and now your an expert on rating it?

William: Do you have an issue with me today? Also, you saw me struggling and you didn't even help. You just listened to me in my struggle.

Adaellae: picks up pair of scissors Huh. I wonder what can be done with these.

Arial: I'm leaving. walks out

Gerald needs to take 'not being used as a shield' lessons from Arial. :P

Arial: I'm always willing to help a friend in need.

William: raises hand I can vouch against that.

Gerald: "Are you..." blinks "Are you actually blushing?"

raises eyebrow mm-hmm...

Sarah: "It'll be just as pretty short." nods
    Dani: pause "I wish I had this kid's confidence." -.-

Everyone needs Sarah's confidence.

Gabrielle: "That'll give you the opportunity to put that fancy handwriting to use." nods

Good.

Q: What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?

Arial: Being a person you could count on.

Ceamath: You sound like you've rehearsed this.

Arial: shrugs It's something I've been working on, reliability.

William: I wouldn't say you're unreliable :/

Arial: I wouldn't say you know me very well.

Ceamath: I would like to be remembered for being

Adaellae: The only woman who could sleep with everyone in Wakegloom's court three times?

Ceamath: Well, I haven't done that, but also

Adaellae: A blood lusting murderer?

Ceamath: D: I'm not blood lusting. looks to Arial and William for support

William: :|

Arial: I'm not getting involved in this.

Adaellae: Personally, I'm going to be remembered as Wakegloom's--

Ceamath: Most aggressive high priestess in history? There is no reason for you to treat me the way you do.

Adaellae: raises eyebrows

Ceamath: you know it's true.

Adaellae: As I was saying, as Wakegloom's fortieth high priestess. Not bad.

William: I'm just want to be remembered as a good person.

Id'en: Maybe I'll be remembered as someone who helped influence society for the good, ultimately.

Q: Is pineapple on pizza acceptable to you?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.