Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition)

• Nanowrimo is here, but do you know nothing about your characters? Worry not!

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does she just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response for the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Here's a question to get us started (even though not all of us are in the northern hempisphere and may, therefore, be waiting to suffer heat instead of waiting to freeze to death): Q: How do you like to spend a chilly evening? Curled up with a book near a fireplace with a cup of cocoa? Or maybe something else?

• @typical_demigod

Alright. Let's try to keep things rolling this month. :P

Q: How do you like to spend a chilly evening? Curled up with a book near a fireplace with a cup of cocoa? Or maybe something else?

Gabrielle: "Book and a fireplace sound pleasant. Sometimes when it's really cold I like to drink a bit of rum in the evening. Assuming I'm at home and not, camping alone in the middle of the forest somewhere."

Gerald: "I doubt one shot of rum would put you in serious danger if you were."

Gabrielle: "Well, I'm not going to take that chance if I can help it, so."

Gerald: "Fair enough. I'd rather have my books with tea, personally."

Johanna: "Better with snuggles." nods

Gerald: "That's debatable."

Johanna: "No. Not up for debate."

Gerald: "..."

Kyle: "I still hate the cold." =.=

Sebastian: "You like hot chocolate though."

Kyle: "I guess. It makes winter not completely terrible for about a minute."

Sebastian: throws a snowball at Kyle's face "Stop being such a grouch, will ya."

Kyle: "Stop trying to freeze me to death!!" >.<

Dani: I still share a room with Sarah in the Alpha's cabin and sadly, it's the only cabin in the camp that lacks a fireplace."

Lena: "It's also, coincidentally or not, the only one that's never had to be rebuilt at some point."

Dani: "I'll say that's a coincidence. When I'm Alpha, I'm installing a damn fireplace and my children won't freeze in the winter."

Lena: "None of us has ever as much as caught a cold in that house. Don't be a whiner."

Sarah: "I like hot chocolate and a good blankie and stories." ^.^

Dani: "Stories are good." nods

Lena: "I like some quiet, a book and a cup of tea." pause "Doesn't even have to be cold, just, in general. That's what I like."

Q: If you had to choose someone in your group to surprise with a gift, who would you choose?

• @blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition):

Johanna: "Better with snuggles." nods
    Gerald: "That's debatable."
    Johanna: "No. Not up for debate."
    Gerald: "..."

sighs I already got bats, so I guess I press any harder for any more >.>

Kyle: "I still hate the cold." =.=

You hate everything. Don't worry; you don't have to remind us. ;)

Q: If you had to choose someone in your group to surprise with a gift, who would you choose?

William: It depends who I see first when I get to the inn.

Ceamath: What will you get them?

William: A drink, probably.

Ceamath: Hmm.

Arial: I deserve a drink more than you.

Ceamath: Excuse you.

Arial: Which one of us has thirty servants?

Ceamath: It's not my fault you couldn't find a wealthy suitor. flicks hair

William: I changed my mind. I'm not buying a drink for anyone.

Ceamath: What if you got a drink for both of us?

William: I still have to buy my own drink. Or drinks. Don't get greedy, here.

Ceamath: I'm going to surprise Arial with a gift. She's not cheap like some of the other people in my group.

Arial: ...

Ceamath: Are you?

Arial:

William: Where've you been cutting corners? Should we be concerned?

Arial: My personal life is none of your business. rolls eyes Anyway, I'd surprise--

William: Me.

Arial: What?

William: Me with a gift. Because I may be cheap, but I'm not tacky like Ceamath here; nor do I flaunt my wealth.

Ceamath: What wealth?

William: ...

Arial: Why do you look so grungy if you have money?

William: I do not look grungy -.-

Ceamath: This explains why you have so many coats.

William: I-- sighs I do have a lot of coats.

Arial: And they're all grungy.

William: Okay, the only one that is grungy you've never seen in your life. It's not even grungy, it's just in need of some mending. Now shut your mouth.

Arial: You're the grungiest person I know ;)

William: inhales deeply; exhales slowly

Adaellae: I wouldn't surprise anyone with a gift because I don't know any of them quite well enough for that, really.

Id'en: I'm... broke. :|

Q: Have you ever been so poor you weren't sure if you could afford your next meal?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition):

sighs I already got bats, so I guess I press any harder for any more >.>

After the chapter. >.>

Kyle doesn't hate eeeeverything... :P

You know, I thought this would generate some amusing answers from your characters and I was absolutely right. lol

These guys... I'd describe their relationship based on this thread with "They're... Friends... Maybe?" :P

Q: Have you ever been so poor you weren't sure if you could afford your next meal?

Gabrielle: "Yes."

Gerald: "...Not really." :|

Gabrielle: "Why are you making that face."

Gerald: "I feel guilty?"

Gabrielle: "Didn't you donate all of you mother's inheritance to the city orphanage?"

Gerald: "Half. And Half to the White Shadows. Still, I had a pretty sheltered life as a child."

Johanna: "That's not bad, Gerry."

Gerald: "I guess not."

Johanna: "Yes."

Sebastian: "Yes we have."

Dani: "No. I was born and raised here and really... No one born in this clan has ever been deprived of their basic needs."

Lena: "True."

Sarah: nods

Emmett: "Plus, Actives make ridiculous amounts of gold."

Eldric: "We take a ten percent cut off the value of the contract. The rest goes to the clan and pays for all the meals people are guaranteed to have here. I say that's far from ridiculous."

Dani: "That true. Besides, Actives risk death or worse by doing what they do."

Emmett: "I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just saying, they're not going to be poor. Ever." shrug "Besides, Recruiters take a cut off the Inn's profits too. We get ours." smirk

Dani: "You get paid to sit around and drink, basically."

Emmett: "Yep." ;)

Q: What's a really easy job you wish you had?

• @Blackbird

Kyle doesn't hate eeeeverything... :P

If you round up, he does.

These guys... I'd describe their relationship based on this thread with "They're... Friends... Maybe?" :P

That's probably the best way to describe it. Literally the only time they all see each other is in the bar and that's sporadic at best XD

Look at the Wolves, taking care of their pack. Good on them.

Dani: "You get paid to sit around and drink, basically."

On the job? Wow, that's some lax workplace rules right there.

Q: What's a really easy job you wish you had?

William: I feel like property managers don't have that much work.

Arial: Really? My parents managed their property and they always seemed stressed.

William: Probably they weren't good with numbers.

Arial: o_O

Ceamath: I'm about sixty percent sure that you said you weren't good with numbers.

William: I can hire someone who is.

Arial: So you're saying you want to be a landlord without any of the responsibilities, just the money.

William: frowns Well, yeah. I think that's what everyone wants, honestly.

Ceamath: I could totally pull off being a queen.

Arial: That sounds like the opposite of easy.

Ceamath: You have to have a certain amount of charisma to do well, that is certain.

Arial: raises eyebrow

William: Do you think bartenders actually have easy jobs?

Falcon: Dealing with lots like you?

Ceamath: What have any of us ever done to bother you?

Arial: You literally killed a guy in his bar.

Ceamath: You were right there. You could've stopped me.

Arial: Don't blame me for you killing this guy.

William: Was I away that night?

Ceamath: He didn't drop dead in the bar.

William: Oh. Too bad. That would've been exciting.

Falcon: But would you clean up the body?

Ceamath: Ew.

Falcon: So my point is made. -_-

Adaellae: Easy jobs often aren't very satisfying, are they? A hard job, it might be more stressful, but it's likely that you're accomplishing more than in an easy job.

William: I'd disagree.

Arial: You don't even have a job.

William: Besides my actual job, moonlighting counts, too.

Arial: Mm... no.

William: I was brutally attacked. Moonlighting counts.

Arial: You knew you might be attacked.

William: I... no. I didn't.

Adaellae: "It never happened before, so it can never happen!"

William: Exactly! And, you know, when was the last time a monster showed up?

Arial: shrugs You knew the risks.

Q: Have you ever volunteered for something because you thought it would be easy, but then it turned out not to be?

• @typical_demigod

If you round up, he does.

Kyle: "Excuse me for not being sunshine and rainbow right now." -.-

There there. :|

On the job? Wow, that's some lax workplace rules right there.

Emmett: "That might have been an exaggeration. After all, while we're encouraged to blend in, we're also not supposed to dig into the stock too much. That's bad for business."

Ceamath: I'm about sixty percent sure that you said you weren't good with numbers.
    William: I can hire someone who is.

I feel like hiring someone who's good with numbers while being bad with numbers yourself is just... asking to be cheated. ^.-

William: Do you think bartenders actually have easy jobs?
    Falcon: Dealing with lots like you?
    Ceamath: What have any of us ever done to bother you?
    Arial: You literally killed a guy in his bar.
    Ceamath: You were right there. You could've stopped me.
    Arial: Don't blame me for you killing this guy.
    William: Was I away that night?
    Ceamath: He didn't drop dead in the bar.
    William: Oh. Too bad. That would've been exciting.
    Falcon: But would you clean up the body?
    Ceamath: Ew.

Sarah: "Have you ever had to clean up bodies, Emmett?"

Emmett: "Heh. Nah. People know better than to stir up trouble in our establishment."

Q: Have you ever volunteered for something because you thought it would be easy, but then it turned out not to be?

Gabrielle: "I once foolishly volunteered to take care of my little sister for a day. That was a huge mistake."

Gerald: "Really? I mean..." nods towards Jo "How much worse can a child be?"

Johanna: frowns =.=

Gabrielle: snort "You'd be surprised."

Gerald: "I don't think I ever volunteered for anything under the assumption it would be easy. Maybe the first time I helped my father out. Although, I thought it'd be more boring than easy. I was clearly misguided."

Johanna: "No."

Sebastian: "Not really."

Dani: "I don't think so? I usually volunteer for things when I want to do them or when I think people need help with it."

Lena: "Training this one." points at Dani "It should be easy. But nooo... No. I underestimated this kid's ability and will to make everything infinitely more difficult than it needs to be."

Dani: :|

Lena: sigh "It's fine. Everything is fine."

Sarah: "Nope." smiles "I don't volunteer for things."

Emmett: "Well, that's one way to do it." chuckle

Q: What's something you used to get away with plenty as a child but you can't anymore?

I feel like hiring someone who's good with numbers while being bad with numbers yourself is just... asking to be cheated. ^.-

William: If I'm still making a decent chunk of change, what's the difference?

Sarah: "Nope." smiles "I don't volunteer for things."

Hmm..... Maybe this should be my life philosophy. Don't volunteer for things.

Q: What's something you used to get away with plenty as a child but you can't anymore?

Arial: People get a lot angrier if you punch a kid in the face as an adult than as a child.

Ceamath: What...

Arial: mildly confused It's true.

William: Why have you been punching children in the face?

Arial: I haven't. But when I was a child, if I punched another child in the face, I would've gotten a much lighter punishment than if I punched a child now.

William: You say that, but I punched my brother a lot as a child, and my parents would still scoff and roll their eyes if I did it now, just as then.

Ceamath: Isn't your brother an adult?

William: Ehhhh

Ceamath: Personally, I got away with looking pretty all the time as a child, but now everyone accuses me of being a slut or some such.

Arial: Is that because you look pretty or because you have a reputation?

Ceamath: raises eyebrow I don't see the correlation.

William: I don't have a reputation and everyone still treats me like I'm untrustworthy or some such. mock offended

Arial: rolls eyes

Adaellae: As a child, I got away with stealing from the candy jar.

Ceamath: O_O

Adaellae: Can I help you?

Ceamath: I'm exposing you as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

Adaellae: I've not done it in years because we have no candy jar in the abbey. We give out the candy on the streets or during the sermons. There is nothing to get away with, nor anything to be accused of.

Ceamath: :|

Id'en: I've found that climbing trees is less acceptable the older one gets.

Adaellae: My dear, you need a new town. Climbing trees is never unacceptable.

It is in this moment that I realize that half my characters grew up in rural locations, migrating to the city as adults.

Q: What is something you learned from your parent(s) that has stuck with you to today?

• @typical_demigod

William: If I'm still making a decent chunk of change, what's the difference?

I find it hard to argue with this logic and I dislike that. -.-

Arial: People get a lot angrier if you punch a kid in the face as an adult than as a child.
    Ceamath: What...
    Arial: mildly confused It's true.

Gabrielle: "That is true."

Gerald: "Have you punched children, Porter?"

Gabrielle: "No, but I would if they had it coming." shrug

Sebastian: casually hides behind Jo

Gabrielle: "Don't flatter yourself."

Sebastian: :|

William: You say that, but I punched my brother a lot as a child, and my parents would still scoff and roll their eyes if I did it now, just as then.
    Ceamath: Isn't your brother an adult?
    William: Ehhhh

Sebastian: "..." punches Kyle in the arm

Kyle: =.= punches back

Id'en: I've found that climbing trees is less acceptable the older one gets.
    Adaellae: My dear, you need a new town. Climbing trees is never unacceptable.

Johanna: "Climbing things is always acceptable." thumbs up

snort Jo reminds me that Plotstains and I ended up in a lengthy discussion on whether high-fives and fist bumps were too edgy for Valcrest. :P

Ceamath seems disappointed that she doesn't get to expose Adaellae as a candy thief.

Q: What is something you learned from your parent(s) that has stuck with you to today

Gabrielle: "Which parents?"

Gerald: "Have you seriously learned things from those scumbags who put you in the world?"

Gabrielle: "You can always learn things, Tucker." shrug "Honestly, I'd say they taught me pretty early on in life that sometimes you need to look out for yourself first. And while my adoptive parents proved that not to be true always, it still sometimes is."

Gerald: "Fair enough."

Gabrielle: "What about your parents?"

Gerald: "Hm. I'd say they taught me to not conform to other people's expectations. If both my parents had one thing in common, that was probably it."

Johanna: "You can't rely on anyone."

Gerald: "You still think that's true?"

Johanna: "No." pause "But I feel that way."

Gerald: :|

Sebastian: "Ha. Nope." shrug

Gabrielle: "There's seriously nothing?"

Sebastian: "Not really. No."

Dani: "Mom once said to me, and I quote: 'if you're going to be THAT stupid at least have the decency of not getting caught'."

Lena: "What was this about exactly?"

Dani: "Nothing worth mentioning, but... It was definitely worthy advice."

Lena: "Telling that that's the first thing that comes to mind."

Dani: shrug

Lena: "Some things in life are simply... Out of your hands. And that's perfectly okay."

Emmett: "Dad definitely taught me that living your life trying to please others is a pathetic waste of time."

Q: Have you ever dedicated yourself to something only to realize it was a pointless endeavor?

• @Blackbird

I find it hard to argue with this logic and I dislike that. -.-

William: shrugs

Sebastian... if your first reaction is to hide... what've you be doing lately? What do you have coming your way?

snort Jo reminds me that Plotstains and I ended up in a lengthy discussion on whether high-fives and fist bumps were too edgy for Valcrest. :P

0_1509917812546_e028d6c9-2aad-4dfa-b78c-44bef00a822b-image.png

Ceamath seems disappointed that she doesn't get to expose Adaellae as a candy thief.

Ceamath: Only... only a bit. :|

Dani: "Mom once said to me, and I quote: 'if you're going to be THAT stupid at least have the decency of not getting caught'."

Has the advice worked, since then?

Q: Have you ever dedicated yourself to something only to realize it was a pointless endeavor?

Ceamath: I was young and naive once and believed in the sanctity of marriage.

William: I'm always stunned by how bad of a liar you are.

Ceamath: blinks at William Doesn't mean much, coming from you.

William: I'm a very good liar. I just don't have the energy to lie about anything.

Arial: You're trying to tell me you didn't steal the ring from--

William: I admit to that. Definitely admit to that. That ring was absolutely hideous.

Arial: to Ceamath Told you.

Ceamath: :|

William: :/ I feel like I've been played but...?

Arial: I'd have to say this about my brother. Everything else regarding that situation aside, he wasn't going to be himself again. It's pointless to think otherwise.

William: Once I dedicated myself to not stealing anything.

Arial: What happened, my favorite klepto?

William: What's-her-face had a hideous ring :|

Adaellae: No.

William: You must not have seen the ring.

Adaellae: ...I was referring to the question.

Id'en: Certainly.

Q: What is the thing or person you believe in most strongly?

Sabine: "I only wish my mother was half as accepting of my stupid decisions." laughs "-she'd tell me not to do it in the first place and to ask her for advice. Which is nice and all but the woman and I have such different mindsets, that...well, I'd much rather ask my father for advice, if I ask anyone at all. I'm not the type to think ahead like that too often."

@typical_demigod said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition):

William: Once I dedicated myself to not stealing anything.

william....william...XD I love you more and more. Pls never stop being flawed and lovable.

@blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (November Edition):

Sabine: "Not really. Mom and dad had a long time of trying for a kid before me, so I've heard, and both of them have decent-paying jobs-Mom used to be an inter-world ambassador and now heals, and Dad joined the temple in our town when he married mom as a scout. He worked his way up and now he's Chief Enforcer. I mean, he gets paid pretty well. Guess I have it lucky, that way. I don't always get what I want but I'm not left lacking anything I need, either."

Rachel: "Lucky for sure. Yeah, there were a lot of times I couldn't afford food. I had to get odd jobs or steal food from vendors. Sometimes I had an acquaintance or a friend who'd put me up and feed me for the night. Can't use them all the time, though, and I don't always have the chance to steal food without getting caught, so I've had quite a few nights I had to go hungry."

Sabine: "You could have come to the temple for help, Rachel, they always feed hungry chil-"

Rachel: glares "No. No. Not at the time, I couldn't. That would just lead to...more issues..."

Sabine: is concerned but also confused

Delilah: "I'd have to say I've always been lucky enough to have enough to eat. There were hard times, surely, but we were never starved. Food kept us healthy and strong. Even when it was still just me and Mother she always made sure I ate, even when times were tough and she didn't have much herself. I've been blessed in that way."

Sabine: I don't know if I should count my faith in the goddess, here. I do believe in her, but...I think if there was one person I believed in more it'd be my father. He's always been there for me. Even if he's a little late he's always doing everything he can to protect me and give me a good life. Mom does her best, too, but...I click more with Dad. He understands why I always want to go exploring outside of town, and instead of sheltering me he taught me to defend myself and to move around in the wilderness and avoid predators. Mom hates me going outside at all...but I can't just sit still and do nothing. There's a whole world out there, and some day...maybe I'll get to explore more than just our surrounding forests."

Delilah: "It must be wonderful having such supportive and loving parents. I envy you, Sabine."

Sabine: looks guilty "I didn't mean-"

Delilah: "No, I don't mean that. I'm glad you have such wonderful parents. I wouldn't shame you for it-in fact, it makes me happy knowing you got some small comfort in the hardships you have had to endure."

Rachel: "Gross. Are you two done?"

both look at each other and sigh, then nod

Rachel: "Fine...and I don't know...I wouldn't say there's any one person I believe in. I'm not the religious sort."

Sabine: "You're an angel, how can you not-"

Rachel: "Sorry, I just don't buy into it, okay? And if there was one thing I believed in...money, I guess. It makes the world go round. Without it, you can't get by. At least, not unless you've learned how to live off the land or something. And even then with all the magical predators around here you're more likely to just end up some Manticore's breakfast living outside town."

Delilah: "Both of those are good answers...I...I'm not sure. If you'd asked me years ago I'd have said my mother, but...she's gone now. I-" blushes some

Sabine: "....you're thinking of him, aren't you?" strange, almost jealous look passes on her face

Delilah: "...I guess I'll pass on this one. I have to find myself before I know what I really believe in." won't meet Sabine's eyes

Sabine: "..." looks away and shifts uncomfortably

Q: Have you ever had an ideal or belief you followed strongly shaken? How?

• @typical_demigod

Sebastian... if your first reaction is to hide... what've you be doing lately? What do you have coming your way?

Sebastian: "I don't know what you mean." :|

Has the advice worked, since then?

Dani: "Yes, yes it has." smirks

So, William stole What's-her-face's ring as an act of justice because it was just so ugly? :P

@obsidi0nangel

Sabine: "I only wish my mother was half as accepting of my stupid decisions." laughs "-she'd tell me not to do it in the first place and to ask her for advice. Which is nice and all but the woman and I have such different mindsets, that...well, I'd much rather ask my father for advice, if I ask anyone at all. I'm not the type to think ahead like that too often."

Claire: "In my line of work you learn to just... Cope with inevitability."

Dani: "Are you saying me being stupid is just inevitable?"

Claire: "Stupid is not a word I would use for you in general, but taking into account some of your actions.... Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying."

Dani: :|

Delilah: "Both of those are good answers...I...I'm not sure. If you'd asked me years ago I'd have said my mother, but...she's gone now. I-" blushes some
    Sabine: "....you're thinking of him, aren't you?" strange, almost jealous look passes on her face
    Delilah: "...I guess I'll pass on this one. I have to find myself before I know what I really believe in." won't meet Sabine's eyes
    Sabine: "..." looks away and shifts uncomfortably

This. What it this. Explain. ^.-

Also, I reiterate my opinion that Delilah is precious and must be protected. >.>

Gabrielle: pats her crossbow >.>

Gerald: "Well, we clearly can't compete with that."

Gabrielle: "The question said 'thing or person', Tucker. And, in all fairness, this weapon has saved my life more than the two of you combined."

Gerald: "Fair, I guess."

Johanna: "Gabe."

Gerald: "In Porter we trust." smirk

Gabrielle: "What?"

Gerald: "Look, like it or not, you've been doing this for longer than any other person alive. You've been doing this longer than these two have been alive, in fact." points at the twins "We are going to follow your lead."

Johanna: nods

Gabrielle: :|

Dani: "Mom."

Lena: "Yeah, mom."

Sarah: nods

Eldric: "...Their mom."

Emmett: "Basically, there is only one person we blindly trust in this world and that is the Alpha." smiles at Dani "No pressure, kid."

Dani: nervous laughter :|

Gabrielle: "I've never been an idealistic person."

Gerald: "My mother used to believe that the Guard is there to protect the people. For a great part of my life so did I. And then she got killed because some old fart in the Council decided to raise taxes and people responded to this by trying to invade the Castle."

Johanna: o.O

Gerald: "They didn't come close to it, but... We had to kill a lot of angry starving people... And my mom..." sigh "Upholding the law doesn't mean protecting the people; bottom line."

Johanna: "Not really." shrugs

Kyle: "I don't think I've really believed in anything so far."

Sebastian: "No."

Dani: "Not yet."

Lena: "Yes, but I don't want to talk about it."

Dani: :/

Sarah: "No."

Q: Would you consider yourself a romantic?

• @Obsidi0nAngel

william....william...XD I love you more and more. Pls never stop being flawed and lovable.

William: Sounds easy enough...

Rachel: "Sorry, I just don't buy into it, okay? And if there was one thing I believed in...money, I guess. It makes the world go round. Without it, you can't get by. At least, not unless you've learned how to live off the land or something. And even then with all the magical predators around here you're more likely to just end up some Manticore's breakfast living outside town."

William: gestures Large animals are a danger and this is an exhibit of how.

Adaellae: I thought you were going to talk about the money part.

Ceamath: Everyone knows your feelings towards money.

Adaellae: I don't exactly hide them.

Arial: Large animals were never a problem when I was growing up.

William: You can shut your mouth.

Arial: shrugs

When do Delilah and Rachel enter the scene?

I second this, even though I feel like it's borderline spoiler and we may not receive an answer :P

@Blackbird

So, William stole What's-her-face's ring as an act of justice because it was just so ugly? :P

William: I never thought to call it an act of justice before, but...

Arial: headdesk

William: I definitely stole that ring in an act of justice. She deserved something better for her finger.

Arial: If I ever hear this excuse leave your mouth for something you've done, I'm chopping your hand off personally.

William: You know the time I-- wait. You don't.

Arial: Go on.

William: Never mind. pauses But that was an act of justice, I'll have you know.

Lena: "Yes, but I don't want to talk about it."

prompts gently

William: I went through a period of disbelief after getting to Wakegloom.

Ceamath: One you never exited, clearly.

William: mildly offended I'm very religious, thank you very much. Put out the offering every morning after waking up.

Ceamath: pauses What about Dark Day?

William: Not that one.

Arial: looks smug

Ceamath: huffs

William: I'm so confused o.O

Ceamath: I just thought that you were Absolutist if you practiced, that's all.

William: to Arial I'm guessing you didn't.

Arial: Nope. Cuz I been around where you grew up and none of them up there are Absolutist.

William: If there was money in this, I deserve a cut.

Arial: Of course there wasn't! ;)

William: Mm-hmm...

Ceamath: Have you ever heard of the Puclase Schism?

Adaellae: Shut up. I doubt you have any of the context around that to answer.

Ceamath: Excuuuse me, having knowledge about something philosophical. How dare I? rolls eyes

Adaellae: raises eyebrow

Ceamath: Anyway. I used to believe that was the most hilarious thing. Then I learnt that it all happened because what's his face was sleeping with his sister. Then I didn't believe it was hilarious.

Adaellae: That's a good conclusion.

Arial: I used to believe in the Teslalan gods.

Adaellae: We're aware.

Arial: -.-

William: You seem impatient to get to yours.

Adaellae: I used to believe in fairies. Then I learned they were all murdered by Maim.

Ceamath: Serves 'em right.

William: When was this!?

Adaellae: It's not exactly clear.

William: O_O This is terrible!

Adaellae: But true. Have you ever wondered why you see nothing but stars in the sky? Because the fairies have been gone for longer than any of us have been alive. Centuries, perhaps.

Arial: What if Maim thought she killed them all, but they actually migrated west?

William: Are they dead in your religion?

Arial: There's nothing about them in mine because they didn't live in that part of the world.

William: That means we can safely assume they're alive. Help me convert so I have a world worth living in.

Arial: O_o

Adaellae: What a drama queen. rolls eyes

Id'en: There was a time when i thought true love could be a real thing.

Adaellae: No longer?

Id'en: No longer.

Arial: I don't think I've ever been in a romantic relationship.

Ceamath: I definitely am.

William: Don't you have to be in a committed relationship to be romantic?

Ceamath: Was that directed at me or just a general question...?

William: Um... General question.

Ceamath: In that case, no, not necessarily.

William: Hmm.

Ceamath: If I had to guess, I'd say you aren't very romantic, seeing as you are cheap and apparently not inclined to romancing anyone.

William: I'm inclined to romancing people. Just not the ones I know.

Ceamath: You're still cheap.

William: I mean... a bit. It depends who I'm buying for. There are one or two people in my life that I am very expensive towards.

Arial: That's why you're cheap the rest of the time.

William: I... Probably, yes.

Adaellae: Very much so.

Id'en: Not really, no. I used to be a bit of one, but I'm not up to it anymore.

Q: Have you ever dated anyone?

• @typical_demigod

prompts gently

Lena: "Can't." >.>

(spoilers :P)

What is Dark Day? What is an Absolutist? What is everything in this conversation? lol

What does Ceamath have against fairies? o.O

Ceamath: If I had to guess, I'd say you aren't very romantic, seeing as you are cheap and apparently not inclined to romancing anyone.
    William: I'm inclined to romancing people. Just not the ones I know.
    Ceamath: You're still cheap.

Romance = willingness to spend money on people? ^.-

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald: "I can be." shrug

Johanna: smiles "Yes."

Kyle: "Not... Really?"

Sebastian: "In theory, I think I am."

Dani: "I'm not sure yet."

Lena: "Heh. I don't think so, no."

Eldric: "No, you're definitely not."

Lena: :|

Eldric: "That's not a bad thing." chuckle "And... I'm not sure if I am."

Lena: "I think you are. Forest fires aside, that's not such a bad thing either."

Sarah: "...No?"

Dani: "Not for another ten years. No." -.-

Sarah: confused

Emmett: "I'd consider myself something like that, yes."

As in, have you ever been in a romantic relationship? Let's phrase it like that so you people don't dodge this. glares

Gabrielle: "Yes. Briefly."

Gerald: "We're never going to hear that story are we?"

Gabrielle: "I don't see any circumstance under which this would become your business, Tucker. So no."

Gerald: "Well, no, I don't think I can say I've ever been in a relationship."

Johanna: "I've been engaged. So yes." >.>

Kyle: "Nope."

Sebastian: "Ditto."

Dani: "No. Not yet."

Lena: "I think so. I guess."

Eldric: "You think so?"

Lena: shrug

Eldric: snort =.=

Emmett: "I saw someone for a while in Newhaven, but... It wasn't going to be permanent either way."

Eldric: "Was she married?"

Emmett: "He was in the Guard."

Eldric: "..."

Lena: :|

Emmett: "I'm sensing a bit of tension now. Hm." snort-chuckle

Lena: "Well, I guess I can't set you up with my friend, then."

Emmett: "Sadly, no."

Eldric: "You dated someone in the Guard?"

Emmett: snort "That's what you're concerned about?"

Eldric: "That's the part that could get you killed, so yes, very much."

Emmett: "I'm touched by your concern little brother. But... He knew I was a Wolf. If he wanted me arrested, trust me... That would have happened a long time ago." shrug

Lena: "Did you tell him anything?"

Emmett: "Don't insult my intelligence. It's not a secret to anyone in the military that we own the Inn. That wasn't something that actually needed to be said. And no. I never told him anything; not even my real name." frowns

Eldric: "...Are you okay?"

Emmett: "It wasn't that serious." shrug "We were both well-aware that I was coming home eventually."

Q: If you were being blackmailed about something not illegal, but embarrassing, would you give in to the blackmailer's demands, let the secret be revealed or... handle it some other way?

• @Blackbird mutters about "spoilers"

Dark Day is gone into in more depth in the future; basically, everyone takes a day to be upset about some of the dysfunctional relationships within the pantheon. (It was one in particular, but I forget which one.) Absolutist I literally just made up to write that but I've decided it's just a denomination that follows more rules than the average practicing person (one of which would be offerings every day, regardless of whether it's a holiday that is meant to be negative. In this case, not giving an offering on Dark Day is telling your deity that they need to drop their grudge).

Dark Day is a few days away in-story, and it's gone into more depth then.

What does Ceamath have against fairies? o.O
    Romance = willingness to spend money on people? ^.-

Ceamath: First question: What isn't there to have against fairies?

William: D: Fairies are the best.

Ceamath: They're rotten little monsters and that's that.

William: D:

Ceamath: And generally, romantic nights out don't happen with people that aren't willing to spend a few bucks to make it that way.

Poor Sarah XD

Gabrielle: "I don't see any circumstance under which this would become your business, Tucker. So no."

I take it there's no circumstances that lead to us learning this, are there?

I'm still kind of amused that this resulted in you finding out your character was gay.

Q: If you were being blackmailed about something not illegal, but embarrassing, would you give in to the blackmailer's demands, let the secret be revealed or... handle it some other way?

William: I'm pretty sure no one would actually blackmail me. No one that both knows who I am and cares enough about whatever I've done to want to do so.

Ceamath: Why not? I feel like you may be hiding a lot of embarrassing things.

William: Firstly, I'm not. Secondly, all I have to do is go to my uncle and he'll take care of it.

Arial: So you're not not being blackmailed, you're just handling it some other way?

William: No one who could actually do me harm would blackmail me in the first place because then they have to deal with my uncle.

Ceamath: Who's your uncle? Do I know this man?

William: Probably. :P

Arial: I'd say it depends on the embarrassing thing they're threatening me about and what they want in return.

Ceamath: Ignoring that my question was ignored, I second you, Arial. Though, I mean, I'm not exactly subtle about my willingness to kill.

Adaellae: Which, I might say, is disturbing.

Ceamath: I'm almost certain that you've had someone killed before, so don't give me your shit. The blood is still on your hands, even if you hired someone.

Adaellae: I've never intentionally had someone killed. Certainly not a rival or someone threatening to blackmail me.

William: O.o

Ceamath: "Intentionally".

Adaellae: Not intentionally. It was completely out of my hands. One can't control free will.

Id'en: This is... curious.

Adaellae: shrugs In the case of any blackmail, it'd have to be severe to truly affect me, and some random embarrassing event isn't going to do much. If I felt it might have some negative influence on me, I'm sure I could find some other way to handle it.

Ceamath: Murder, perhaps?

Adaellae: Some other, non-fatal way to handle it.

Ceamath: shrugs First time for everything. Or second, as is clear in your case.

Id'en: I suppose, for me, it would depend on what is being blackmailed.

Q: Do you like garlic bread? If it's not in your world, pretend, for a moment, that it was, and then decide if you like it.

• @typical_demigod

Ceamath: First question: What isn't there to have against fairies?
    William: D: Fairies are the best.
    Ceamath: They're rotten little monsters and that's that.
    William: D:

None of this helps my confusion. What are fairies in this world? -.-

Ceamath: And generally, romantic nights out don't happen with people that aren't willing to spend a few bucks to make it that way.

If you're creative you can make it work. >.>

I take it there's no circumstances that lead to us learning this, are there?

In-story, no.

At this point, what I know is that after she lost the last of her family Gabrielle decided to be done with fighting the Wolfpack and settled down in this little village. She was there for about a year trying to live a normal life as a blacksmith and in that time she was involved with this guy who; much like everyone else there, didn't know anything about her past. So when she decided that, nope, this wasn't working out and she couldn't just move on from what the Wolves did to her, she disappeared without a word because she didn't want to get anyone involved with her shit.

And honestly she does trust Gerald enough to tell him something like this, but she won't because she knows it'd take him two minutes to find this person if he wanted to. That's literally what happened when Jo told him about her brother. And she really doesn't want this person found or that part of her past touched in any way.

I'm still kind of amused that this resulted in you finding out your character was gay.

Pretty sure I'll never find a way to straight up mention it in-story either and I'll be accused of 'closeting' another one of my characters because of it. =.=

Seriously, my initial idea was to actually set Emmett up with Lena's friend, but now he has no existing potential love interest and I don't think I'm gonna create a person just for this unless I can bring "random Guard dude" into the picture somehow. Which sounds unlikely.

Ceamath: Ignoring that my question was ignored, I second you, Arial. Though, I mean, I'm not exactly subtle about my willingness to kill.
    Adaellae: Which, I might say, is disturbing.

I'm pretty sure killing the blackmailer would be the answer for 90% of my characters, tbh.

Who did Adaellae (I have such trouble spelling this, I tell you) unintentionally kill? ^.-

Q: Do you like garlic bread? If it's not in your world, pretend, for a moment, that it was, and then decide if you like it.

Gabrielle: "It's okay."

Gerald: "Jo hates garlic. She will literally punch you if she smells it on you."

Johanna: :|

Gabrielle: "I think that's just you, Tuck."

Gerald: "Wait, really?"

Gabrielle: shrug

Gerald: -.- "I like garlic bread though."

Kyle: "I don't think I've ever had it."

Sebastian: "Me neither. But it sounds good."

Dani: "I don't like garlic very much, but maybe?"

Lena: "I like it."

Eldric: "Me too."

Emmett: "Nope." shakes head "Gross."

Q: Assuming you've had your first kiss by now, how was it and how old were you?

Also, I reiterate my opinion that Delilah is precious and must be protected. >.>

Hahahah. I can't. Spoiler for much later on. But I will say there's some confusion there :D

yes, yes, she's precious and protecc-worthy...and eventually, maybe she will be protecced, but until then....the plot must continue XD

When do Delilah and Rachel enter the scene?

A bit later, actually. Not anytime soon. It's just they're two more important characters and I'm biased towards them rn so I threw them in with Sabine, who's front and center for this part of the story. Perhaps I should have thrown in someone else who'll be important sooner but I'm a biased author so XD

William: No one who could actually do me harm would blackmail me in the first place because then they have to deal with my uncle.

Sabine: "Wowww, is your uncle someone super important and scary? Most people don't mess with me because my dad's Chief Enforcer and they think he's scary. Him! He's totally a big teddy bear."

Delilah: nam flashbacks "No, Sabine. No he's not. He might be sweet to you but he's terrifying to anyone who he thinks might be a threat." shudders and sweats

Rachel: "Never really had to deal with the man. Can't be that bad."

Sabine: scowls "He's really not bad. I swear, what's so scary about him?"

Delilah: "Sabine...you're one of the few people he's not ever going to worry about being a threat. You have protected status in his eyes. I'm sure he's a good man in some ways but he is absolutely terrifying."

Sabine: at a loss for words

Gerald: "Jo hates garlic. She will literally punch you if she smells it on you."
    Gabrielle: "I think that's just you, Tuck."

Rachel: snorts "I know a few people like that."

Sabine: trying to hold her laughter "-oh you poor thing-"

Sabine: "One or two guys around town. Never went anywhere. Either dad scared them off, Mom confused them enough I had to get rid of them, or we just didn't work out. Didn't ever get very far. Of course-" blushes "-there is someone I'm interested in more seriously...I'm not worried about Dad scaring him off, or about Mom confusing him....he's...special. But, uh...there's some extenuating circumstances right now, so I'm currently single."

Delilah: :I says nothing

Rachel: "Dated? Not really. I'm thirteen. Gross. Plus I'm a little too focused on keeping food in my stomach to worry about boys. Not happening any time soon."

Delilah: "I've...well, only once....and while it was wonderful it's currently on hold because of some....well, issues. Not the fault of either of us. Just this wild, magical world surprising us with things that neither of us really know how to handle."

Sabine: "To be fair, yeah, none of us expected it." apologetic face

Delilah: "I know. Blame can't be laid on anyone in particular, nor should it be. It's just...confusing." grimaces

Sabine: "Oh boy...I was, uh....thirteen? And...it was supposed to be really romantic, at least in my head, but...he was just teasing me. Of course, I thought he knew I liked him, but turns out he didn't and was just being a dumb boy. So my feelings got really hurt and I guess I was really mean to him for a while. We were childhood friends, though, so I guess we're alright now. I think maybe because he was so much older than me he never took me seriously. I mean...he's always been the dumb sort as far as noticing things like that but he's really just blind."

Rachel: "...I feel you may be talking about someone I know but it's not clicking in my head."

Sabine: "I'd rather not say who. He still doesn't know and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm over it."

Rachel: shrugs "Fine. Anyways...I haven't had a serious kiss. A kiss on the cheek, really. It wasn't romantic. Like I said before, thirteen and not interested."

Sabine: "Most girls your age do have an interest, but then again, I suppose you're a more unique situation."

Delilah: "I never dated before, but I did have a first kiss. It was a boy in my hometown who actually didn't mind my mother and I's presence. Our town was very anti-magic, you see, so mother's healing was seen as witchcraft...but yet, people would bring their sick children and relatives to her in the middle of the night for healing. Well...he kissed me behind the church one day. Nothing ever came of it but it was nice and he wasn't being cruel. He was interested in me but someone else saw us and told his parents. They made him stay away from me after that, so we didn't really interact after that. I saw him passing by in town sometimes. He'd still smile at me but he wasn't allowed to approach me, so...it wasn't really his fault."

Q: If you had to choose between a romantic partner or family, who would you choose and why?

• @Blackbird Atm I'm thinking that they don't necessarily have a defined role/definition? /is about to ramble

Per in-world myth/history, they haven't been seen in-world in anywhere from 50 years to centuries. Shortly before their apparent extinction, they were small populations dotted in random places here and there, but mostly within Teslal. This made relationships with fairies highly regional, as well as the stories that ended up persisting about them.

Taking in that Ceamath and William grew up on opposite sides of the country, it's as simple as her area had bad relationships with fairies and the opposite for his.

That turned out surprisingly ramble free... /clearly needs to learn more about fairies

Seriously, my initial idea was to actually set Emmett up with Lena's friend, but now he has no existing potential love interest and I don't think I'm gonna create a person just for this unless I can bring "random Guard dude" into the picture somehow. Which sounds unlikely.

I might offer suggestions, but I just don't have enough context :P

Who did Adaellae (I have such trouble spelling this, I tell you) unintentionally kill? ^.-

I'm thinking about making it like Adele or Adela or something shorter :P I dunno

Adaellae: It was... a suitor, I suppose is the best term. However, his advances were rather... unwelcome, and somewhat inappropriate, I suppose.

Gerald: -.- "I like garlic bread though."

One of you is going to have to compromise. Tbh, I'm kind of leaning towards siding with you, though, because I, too, appreciate garlic bread.

@Obsidi0nAngel As I suspected: spoilers.

A bit later, actually. Not anytime soon. It's just they're two more important characters and I'm biased towards them rn so I threw them in with Sabine, who's front and center for this part of the story. Perhaps I should have thrown in someone else who'll be important sooner but I'm a biased author so XD

Fair enough. And I think we're all a little biased XD

Sabine: "Wowww, is your uncle someone super important and scary? Most people don't mess with me because my dad's Chief Enforcer and they think he's scary. Him! He's totally a big teddy bear."
    Delilah: nam flashbacks "No, Sabine. No he's not. He might be sweet to you but he's terrifying to anyone who he thinks might be a threat." shudders and sweats
    Delilah: "Sabine...you're one of the few people he's not ever going to worry about being a threat. You have protected status in his eyes. I'm sure he's a good man in some ways but he is absolutely terrifying."

William: I mean... yeah, kind of important. People that know I'm related to him leave me alone. Some people leave me alone just because they know I work with him, but that's not always a certainty.

Poor Sabine. I'm kinda concerned about what her father is out doing to people he considers threats though :/

William: I was fourteen. And it was shit.

Ceamath: Wow.

William: I'm just saying. If I judged the future of a romantic relationship by a kiss, then I would've been outta there.

Ceamath: What happened instead?

William: :|

Ceamath: ...?

Ceamath: moves right along Well, my first kiss was when fifteen. I don't really remember it that well.

Arial: Oh. Wow.

William: What? snorts It's okay, we know you're a virgin.

Arial: =.=

Ceamath: It's nothing to shame people about. looks pointedly at William

William: shrugs It's true.

Arial: It is not. >.>

William: raises eyebrows

Ceamath: smacks William in the shoulder

Adaellae: Twenty. Which is, evidently, quite late, compared to the general population.

Id'en: I was... eighteen. I would say it was nice, yes.

Q: If you had to choose between a romantic partner or family, who would you choose and why?

Ceamath: Ooh. Tough one.

Arial: Family, I guess, but I don't really have a romantic partner at the moment.

Ceamath: What if you did get a romantic partner?

Arial: ...Why?

William: I'm telling you, she's a virgin.

Ceamath: smacks William

Arial: Have you seen any of the men in this city? Most of them aren't worth my interest, and the ones that are have already been taken.

William: I'm going to take personal offense to that.

Arial: Does it look like I care?

Adaellae: I haven't had my family in my life for years. Probably the romantic partner.

Id'en: Neither.

Q: Did you have a stuffed animal growing up? Do you still have it?

• @obsidi0nangel

yes, yes, she's precious and protecc-worthy...and eventually, maybe she will be protecced, but until then....the plot must continue XD

Well, 'eventually' is much better than what I have to say for myself. So I guess I have to accept that. :P

Gerald: "This gives me flashbacks to when I met Porter for the first time and she was clearly keen on murdering me and Jo kept calling me paranoid."

Johanna: "Gabe's not that scary."

Gerald: "She wanted to murder me."

Gabrielle: "In Tucker's defense, I did consider it. A lot." shrug

Johanna: "But you didn't do it. So my point stands." crosses arms

Gerald: "I'm pretty sure it d-..."

Johanna: "My point stands."

Gerald: sigh =.=

I'm not asking any more questions about these characters when I know I'm not getting any answers. >.>

@typical_demigod

Adaellae: It was... a suitor, I suppose is the best term. However, his advances were rather... unwelcome, and somewhat inappropriate, I suppose.

Johanna: "I would've intentionally killed."

Gerald: "I know this sounds a lot more acceptable coming from you, but I feel similar."

Johanna: "What do you mean?"

Gerald: "It is generally considered more appropriate for a woman to respond with violence to unwanted advances than a man. Regardless of whether we are capable of feeling equally violated in situations like that." shrug "Let's say I learned that the hard way when I was younger."

Johanna: frown "I would gladly stab them for you."

Gerald: snort-chuckle "I'm sure you would. And I'll surely keep that in mind."

Johanna: ^.^

Ceamath: What happened instead?
    Ceamath: ...?

I feel like William keeps setting himself up for questions he doesn't want to answer. :P

Arial: Have you seen any of the men in this city? Most of them aren't worth my interest, and the ones that are have already been taken.
    William: I'm going to take personal offense to that.
    Arial: Does it look like I care?

Still shipping it. >.>

Gabrielle: "I was fifteen. It was nice."

Gerald: "I was sixteen and it was... Uncomfortable... and kind of gross..."

Gabrielle: "How so?"

Gerald: "Was a friend, she was drunk and sad... I didn't see it coming, reacted poorly, she cried. And puked." :|

Johanna: "Wow."

Gerald: "I had to call my mom and then my mom had to tell her mom and somehow I was the bad guy in the situation and we didn't really see each other after that. The next and last time I saw her was at my mom's funeral and we didn't get to speak then."

Gabrielle "I thought you said you didn't have any friends."

Gerald: "I said I had no friends in the Guard. She wasn't in the Guard. Her dad served with my mom and after he died, Mom sort of looked out for the family. So we saw each other often growing up, but... She got engaged and then that happened and... Hmph..."

Johanna: "What?"

Gerald: "Nothing." :|

Gabrielle: "There's something you're leaving out, Tucker."

Gerald: "Don't be a hypocrite, Porter, you leave things out all the time."

Gabrielle: "At least I admit it."

Johanna: "What?"

Gerald: "..." sigh "She married the King. Alright?"

Kyle: "You kissed the Queen of Newhaven!?"

Gerald: "For fuck's sake, don't ever repeat that out loud!"

Sebastian: "You kissed the Queen of Newhaven while she was engaged to the King."

Gerald: "Maric wasn't King yet, his father was still alive. And honestly, I never approved of their engagement. I thought he was a twat."

Johanna: "You called the King a twat."

Gerald: "Not to his face. I'm not that stupid."

Gabrielle: "So, uhm, rumor has it that the Queen is, you know, overwhelmingly beautiful and all of that. Is that true?"

Gerald: snort "She was drunk and puked on me. And prior to that, she was the annoying brat who called me 'shit face' for the majority of my childhood. Sorry, but I don't feel like I can answer that."

Gabrielle: "Fair enough."

Johanna: "I was... Almost thirteen. It was... Not okay." :/

Kyle: "Not yet."

Sebastian: "Soon." smirk

Kyle: "Who do you reckon you'll be putting the moves on?"

Sebastian: snort "We'll be allowed to leave the Outpost at some point." >.>

Dani: "Not yet."

Lena: "I was... hm... Twelve."

Dani: "Oh. So it wasn't Eldric?"

Lena: "No. And I'm not telling who it was. And, honestly, I didn't think it was that much of a big deal at the time."

Eldric: "Well, that's... Awkward."

Lena: "Aw. Was I yours?"

Eldric: >.>

Lena: "That was what, two years ago?"

Eldric: "Yeah. It was definitely something."

Sarah: "Ugh. Gross." >.>

Lena: snort

Gabrielle: "Family."

Gerald: "Hmmm... Well, you guys are my family now, so I guess it doesn't matter."

Johanna: "I guess."

Gabrielle: "What about your brother?"

Johanna: "I'm here." shrug "My life is here."

Gabrielle: "Huh. I guess so."

Kyle: "Family."

Sebastian: "In theory, yes."

Kyle: "..."

Sebastian: "Neither of us has been in love or anything like that, so we can't actually say for sure, can we?"

Kyle: "...True."

Dani: "Family. Always."

Lena: "I'm inclined to agree with that."

Eldric: "..."

Emmett: "Heh. Tough one, little brother?"

Lena: "That's fine. Let him think about it."

Eldric: :/

Q: Did you have a stuffed animal growing up? Do you still have it?

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald: "Yes, but I don't have it anymore."

Gabrielle: "Whatever happened to Buttercup, Tuck?"

Gerald: "I... Gave it to a friend."

Johanna: "A friend?"

Gerald: sigh "I shouldn't have talked about it." -.-

Gabrielle: "So, the Queen has you unicorn plushie?"

Gerald: "I doubt she still has it. We were ten."

Johanna: "..." :|

Gabrielle: "You can't assassinate the Queen."

Johanna: "What?" >.>

Gabrielle: "Mhm." snort

Johanna: "I never had a stuffed animal. Always wanted one."

Gerald: "That can be arranged."

Johanna: squee ^.^

Gerald: "That settles it, I guess." chuckle

Kyle: "Nah. We didn't have any of that."

Sebastian: "Kat had a bear."

Kyle: "We were not allowed to play with it." chuckle

Dani: "My dad had one made for me before he died. I still have it."

Lena: "Joe gave me one when I was little, but, I gave it to Dani and I think Sarah has it now."

Sarah: runs off and comes back a few seconds later clutching a stuffed bunny "Sir Fluffington!"

Lena: "She named it that. Not me." >.>

Q: Do you have any items you keep for sentimental value?

• @Blackbird What exactly happened when Gerald and Gabrielle met for the first time?

Gerald: "It is generally considered more appropriate for a woman to respond with violence to unwanted advances than a man. Regardless of whether we are capable of feeling equally violated in situations like that." shrug "Let's say I learned that the hard way when I was younger."
    Johanna: frown "I would gladly stab them for you."
    Gerald: snort-chuckle "I'm sure you would. And I'll surely keep that in mind."
    Johanna: ^.^

Everyone needs a friend like Jo. The kind that'll stab people for you because you ask and it's seen as less socially acceptable if you do it in defense.

Johanna: "I would've intentionally killed."

Adaellae: I tend to think that there are other solutions than murder.

I feel like William keeps setting himself up for questions he doesn't want to answer. :P

Yes.

Still shipping it. >.>

LOL

I still think about it too.

Gerald: "..." sigh "She married the King. Alright?"
    Kyle: "You kissed the Queen of Newhaven!?"
    Gerald: "For fuck's sake, don't ever repeat that out loud!"
    Sebastian: "You kissed the Queen of Newhaven while she was engaged to the King."

Well done, well done. And your opinion of him doesn't change that you still kissed her lol.

Gabrielle: "So, the Queen has you unicorn plushie?"
    Gerald: "I doubt she still has it. We were ten."
    Johanna: "..." :|
    Gabrielle: "You can't assassinate the Queen."

that's funny. This whole thing is hilarious to me.

Q: Do you have any items you keep for sentimental value?

William: Sure.

Arial: No.

Ceamath: I have a necklace, but that's not sentimental value as much as it is familial responsibility, I think.

William: thoughtful A necklace seems like a good way to be choked to death.

Ceamath: are you.... trying to say something?

Arial: You buy me a mansion, I won't say anything about this in court.

William: I'm not going to murder her. rolls eyes Even if that was something I wanted, it'd be much easier to find a disgruntled spouse or something.

Ceamath: It's good to know someone will come looking when I die. >.>

Arial: Oh, please. If I disappeared tomorrow, none of you would come looking.

William: To be fair, none of us know where to start looking.

Arial: And I do with her!?

Ceamath: It's not like you don't work with my husband. -_-

William: According to you, even your husband wouldn't care to start looking.

Arial: That is true.

Adaellae: I can't imagine living knowing that nobody truly cares about you.

Ceamath: -_-

Adaellae: Personally, I have a comb that belonged to my grandmother, which I do keep for sentimental value. The woman is still an inspiration to me.

Id'en: I... no. I don't have anything sentimental anymore.

Q: What wouldn't you give for what you believe in?

• @typical_demigod

Everyone needs a friend like Jo. The kind that'll stab people for you because you ask and it's seen as less socially acceptable if you do it in defense.

Johanna: thumbs up

To be fair this is something I'd often do. I mean, not stabbing, never stabbing, but on behalf of my guy friends, I've been kind to remind some ladies that while they couldn't hit girls, I sure as hell can. =.=

Adaellae: I tend to think that there are other solutions than murder.

Johanna: "Good luck with that."

Well done, well done. And your opinion of him doesn't change that you still kissed her lol.

Gerald: "First of all... I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. Second, even if I had, that also wouldn't change the fact Maric is a gigantic twat. Or the fact he was the reason she was drunk and sad in the first place."

I don't know how this went from 'sentimental items', to murder, to 'who would care if I died'. But I enjoyed it. lol

Id'en: I... no. I don't have anything sentimental anymore.

That's sad. :(

Q: What wouldn't you give for what you believe in?

Gabrielle: "I don't believe in much anymore and I don't have much left to give either." shrug

Johanna: "Anything that demands sacrifice isn't worth believing."

Gerald: "That's... An interesting way to look at it."

Johanna: shrug

Kyle: "I don't believe in anything that much."

Sebastian: "I don't know."

Dani: "A great number of things really."

Lena: "Belief in itself shouldn't cost anything."

Sarah: "I'm eight." :|

Lena: snort "Fair point."

Eldric: "I don't know what I believe in."

Q: Would you take a bullet/arrow/other deadly projectiles for anyone in your group?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.