Anti-Procrastination Squad, Assemble?

• Fairly simple question: What do you guys do/tell yourself/use to combat procrastination?

Ineedhelpmyhabitisgettingoutofcontrol xD

• I procrastinate.

Basically I'll do something like, open up a game on the side, or a piece of writing I need to read, or a YT playlist (with not too long videos) and I'll write for a few minutes, or stare at the page if it's one of those days, and then play one level of the game or read one paragraph or watch one video, then I go back to writing for a few minutes... so on.

That and I always write to music. It helps keep my attention on what I'm doing. shrug

• I have a horrible habit where I end up writing because I'm procrastinating on something else (usually, homework).

My problem is that I have zero self-control. I can tell myself that I'm only going to watch 3 short YT videos, but instead I end up binge watching.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Oddly, I find talking to people about my ideas inspire me. I get excited and want to work on my projects.

I also schedule breaks. :D Though those breaks can turn into total days of procrastination, so I am still trying to figure that one out.

• I'm sure that there's all sorts of strategies to stopping procrastination. but a big thing that's helped me is this article.
    It's a good idea to get a hold of the instant gratification monkey. If you recognize what you're thinking about when you procrastinate, I'm sure it's something like, "I should get this done. But wait, this youtube video looks cool, I'll watch this and then get to work," then it might proceed into a two hour session of watching random youtube videos about whales or something.

I try to think about the future, and based on past experience, I realize that if I don't get this done now, life's gonna suck in a day or two and then I'll be even more frustrated than if I just do it now.

However I do understand that it's not always that simple. You can't just stop procrastinating instantly, it's a process. I've been trying to stop for over a year now, and I can tell there's a difference, but it's definitely not easy.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.