Character Respond, Answer, Ask (October Edition)

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

That's...actually rather sweet :) Well, ignoring the part where the brother was fed his own ears, lol

Luke and Ess' whole schtick is that they're so horribly adorable that you forget most of the torture-murder they do on the daily. nods

Luckas: "Daily is a bit of an exaggeration."

Okay, fair enough. lol

Only some? :P

Gerald: "If I need someone to take everything I say literally, I already have Porter for that, but thank you." -.-

..I think it's only fair I return the favour summons Izzy Do your thing! :D
    Izzy: (runs over and hugs @Blackbird) Hugging Squad, activate! ^.^

^.^ yay

instantly perks at the mention of black knights Ooooooh, do tell :D

Black Knights are super cool. The end. smiles

Luckas: "Not all of them."

Jake: "Bite me."

Luckas: "..."

Jake: "Do NOT bite me."

Luckas: "Thought so." smirk

Ehem, okay, well... They're not in Shadows Rise; they exist, but they don't come into play until the second Arc of the main series. Basically, they are a section of the Newhaven Army that doesn't necessarily follow pesky little things like laws in order to protect the city.

Jake: Musically, yeah. Dunno if I can juggle, though :P

Gabrielle: "I can teach you." nods

Twins: vigorously shake their heads 'no' behind her back

(let it be known that there would be no belt-lashings involved in this. lol)

Jenna: Thank you, Shaan. (examines the board for a moment, and then proceeds to draw a circle) Ta-da.
    Alex: O_O Um, when the everloving fuck were you planning on showing us this?
    Jenna: (shrugs) Like I said before, it's a useless party trick. I was saving it for a moment where I was feeling particularly desperate at a social gathering.
    Shaan: (gaping) How did you do that?
    Jenna: ...Practice? I just practised, really.
    Shaan: No, I've practised circles ever since I started drawing. There's no way you were able to do that.
    Jenna: (draws another circle, so it looks like a chart) Well, I did.

Holy shit dude. o.o

Huh, I wonder... scrambles a Rubik's Cube and tosses it to Lena

Lena: "What is this?"

Make it so there's only one color on each side again.

Lena: "Okay." does it ridiculously easy "Was that all?" ^.-

...You fucking scare me.

Lena: "Good." pause "Can I keep this?"

Sure. -.-

(NOTE: I swear to god, there now has to be a scene in canon at some point where she draws a circle and the others just go, 'wtf')

I support this.

@typical_demigod

Ooh, look, Valcrest wins at something. Relatively speaking.

Pft, Valcrest always wins. waves 'Valcrest Rules' flag :P

I demand to know more.

Lena: "There's nothing to tell."

Dani: gives skeptical look

Lena: "Nothing. To. Tell." glare

I was about to ask what Ess's brother did to her, but then I remembered that people in your novel don't run around murdering their family for nothing, typically. (Not so sure about self-cannibalism, but...)

He sold out their family to the Order which got their father killed and Ess sold into sex slavery (at like age 8)... Because he was jealous of her. Or he blamed her for their mom dying at birth... He was an asshole. And now he shall forever be known as 'the Squealer'. RIP asshole. -.-

Ceamath: I entertain people about every other night.
    Arial: When?
    Ceamath: Well, if you want the details, it's usually in bed, but--

I totally saw that answer coming. lol

Arial... Just go to the party. lol says the socially anxious party hater

Ceamath: Ugh, fine. Personally, my favorite party trick is
    Adaellae: Sleeping with someone's spouse?
    Ceamath:
    William: Wow. That escalated quickly.

:|

Also, okay, I'm asking... What is with Ceamath and Adaellae? Like, do they have a beef of some sort? They have a lot of gos at each other all the time.

Q: Do you know any party tricks?

Gabrielle: "I could put things on people's heads and shoot them."

Gerald: "No one would be that cr-"

Johanna: puts an apple on her head and gives Gabrielle a thumbs up

Gabrielle: gives Jo a thumbs up in return "Also, I can juggle. I can juggle lit torches."

Sebastian: "No way."

Gabrielle: "Yes, way." pauses "I can also do knife tricks."

Kyle: "You're going to have to show us all of that." crosses arms

Gabrielle: "I have to?"

Sebastian: nods "I mean, you don't have to, but we are going to pester you until you do."

Gabrielle: shrugs "Fair enough." shoots the apple on Jo's head "I'm gonna go get some torches."

Gerald: o.o

Johanna: thumbs up

Gerald: "Uhm... I don't know if I can do anything considered a party trick."

Gabrielle: reloads crossbow and shoots in his direction

Gerald: casually deflects the shot with his enlightenment "...Oh."

Gabrielle: "Yep."

Sebastian: "I can predict what people are going to say, but... That's far more effective at annoying people than entertaining them." smirk

Kyle: "I have no entertaining qualities." shrug

Dani: "Uhm... No." :)

Lena: "I can memorize things. I don't know if that counts as a party trick, but I'm sure I could come up with something."

Eldric: "I can carve things out of wood." pulls a little wolf figurine from his pocket

Sarah: "AAAAH.... That's so cute! Can I have it!?"

Eldric: "Uhm, sure."

Sarah: hugs "Thank you!"

Emmett: "I think she likes you now."

Lena: shrug "What did I tell you?"

Emmett: "I can make a tower out of empty liquor bottles."

Eldric: "...why?"

Emmett: "Because Inns are incredibly boring in the middle of the afternoon."

Q: Have you ever blackmailed someone or been blackmailed by someone?

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald: "No."

Johanna: "Emotionally, yes."

Gabrielle: "Yes, you have blackmailed or yes, you have been blackmailed?"

Johanna: "...Both." shrug

Kyle: "No."

Sebastian: "Not yet."

Kyle: "..."

Sebastian: "What, you never know. Blackmail may come in handy some day."

Kyle: "You're right." nods

Dani: "No. Unless holding that costume story over Lena's head counts as blackmail."

Lena: "What?"

Dani: smiles

Lena: "You're bluffing." -.-

Dani: "You're a telepath. Am I?"

Lena: "Damn it."

Q: Do you like making people smile?

• @typical_demigod

Ooh, look, Valcrest wins at something. Relatively speaking.
    Anyway, yeah, it's... pretty great edjumacations people are getting.

Alex: (sarcastically puts his fist in the air) Go education.
    Fallon: (does the same) Oorah.

I demand to know more.

As do I :P

"And then, the Great Reform of 1285--" "Was that like, scientific breakthroughs or religious tolerance or some--" "It's why you can read. Now shut up and listen to my story."
    (Side note: I actually have no in-world calendar. I have no idea what year it is, what month or day... everything happens in a blackhole of time because calendars are sorta time consuming and I haven't put the time to it.)

Pfft, who needs calendars, just rent a tear in the space-time continuum and exist there! ;D

I never would've known that drawing circles perfectly was an uncommon thing. Or would've caused such an uproar. (I say that like I can draw perfect circles, but I don't personally draw enough circles to say that.) I guess I just... I didn't know there were so many strong feelings regarding the Perfect Circle.

Because I have literally never seen or heard of anyone doing that except for a post or two on the internet with actual visual evidence. And having drawn thousands and thousands of circles throughout my lifetime, I'd previously thought it was impossible to draw.

I mean, it sounds useful to me :P

Jenna: I'm surprised nobody pointed out that the rule-abiding nerd knows how to pick a lock, not even my brother over here (jerks thumb).
    Jake: You're on your way to becoming a rebel, though, Jen :P

William: My party trick is disappearing.

Alex: Oh look, it's me.

@Blackbird

Luke and Ess' whole schtick is that they're so horribly adorable that you forget most of the torture-murder they do on the daily. nods

I think I can get behind that xD

Gerald: "If I need someone to take everything I say literally, I already have Porter for that, but thank you." -.-

Literalism is my middle name: Shy Literalism Not Fly! ;D thumbs up

Black Knights are super cool. The end. smiles

NOOOOOOOO ;-; I want to hear more about the super cool knights!
    scrolls down a little further Oh, okay x3

Gabrielle: "I can teach you." nods
    Twins: vigorously shake their heads 'no' behind her back
    (let it be known that there would be no belt-lashings involved in this. lol)

Jake: (takes no heed of the twins' warning) Sure! ^_^

Holy shit dude. o.o
    Huh, I wonder... scrambles a Rubik's Cube and tosses it to Lena
    Lena: "What is this?"
    Make it so there's only one color on each side again.
    Lena: "Okay." does it ridiculously easy "Was that all?" ^.-
    ...You fucking scare me.
    Lena: "Good." pause "Can I keep this?"
    Sure. -.-

Rubik's Solving Squad, assemble!
    I think that's the third time I've said something like that today xD

He sold out their family to the Order which got their father killed and Ess sold into sex slavery (at like age 8)... Because he was jealous of her. Or he blamed her for their mom dying at birth... He was an asshole. And now he shall forever be known as 'the Squealer'. RIP asshole. -.-

Sounds like someone very much deserved death, then :/

Eldric: "I can carve things out of wood." pulls a little wolf figurine from his pocket
    Sarah: "AAAAH.... That's so cute! Can I have it!?"
    Eldric: "Uhm, sure."
    Sarah: hugs "Thank you!"

Awwwwwwww :D

Jake: Yup! ^^
    Jenna: (shrugs) If something I say or do makes somebody smile, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Alex: Unless it's bad news they're smiling about, in which case I'd be concerned.
    Shaan: Yes, I do.
    Izzy: And me! :D
    Fallon: (also shrugs) Doesnae hurt tae make people smile, not that I put a great deal of effort intae doing so.

Q: How do you fare when you're running on very little sleep? What sort of mood do you tend to be in?

• @Blackbird As I suspected, Ess's brother had a deserved death.

Arial... Just go to the party. lol says the socially anxious party hater

Arial: ehhhh.....

Also, okay, I'm asking... What is with Ceamath and Adaellae? Like, do they have a beef of some sort? They have a lot of gos at each other all the time.

They just... don't get along. I'm sure most of it is that Adaellae doesn't agree with Ceamath's life choices (Adaellae is... very headstrong about her values), and tbh I'm sure Ceamath is at least a little jealous because of the rumors about Adaellae with her husband. (they have... a dysfunctional marriage, but they're both jealous that the other one is unfaithful?? idk they weird)

Also, pretty sure Adaellae doesn't really like Ceamath's husband that much, which probably feeds into her dislike of Ceamath.

Emmett: "I can make a tower out of empty liquor bottles."

Something I love doing when there's a bunch of plastic cups laying around is stacking them into a pyramid, and then sliding the top row either left or right so that it falls on top of all the other cups and makes a stack, and continuing from there.... there's just something very exciting about it.

Dani: "No. Unless holding that costume story over Lena's head counts as blackmail."
    Lena: "What?"
    Dani: smiles
    Lena: "You're bluffing." -.-
    Dani: "You're a telepath. Am I?"
    Lena: "Damn it."

continues waiting patiently for story

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Pfft, who needs calendars, just rent a tear in the space-time continuum and exist there! ;D

Preeeeety much.

Alex: Unless it's bad news they're smiling about, in which case I'd be concerned.

Why... why would they be smiling about bad news?

William: Not purposely. It takes a lot of energy and concentrated focus for me to purposely make people smile, and most of the time, my relationship with that person isn't to the level that it's worthwhile to me.

Arial: My friends, sure.

Ceamath: Sure. *shrugs non-commitally)

Adaellae: There's certainly nothing wrong with it.

Id'en: I do enjoy it. If I was any good at being a comedian, perhaps that's the career path I would've chosen.

Q: How do you fare when you're running on very little sleep? What sort of mood do you tend to be in?

Ceamath: I'm very easily frustrated when I'm exhausted.

William: I'm just... dead to the world. Like, I'm functioning, but I'm slower at processing things and, according to people, I'm rather apathetic.

Arial: I tend to be a little more snappish, but that's all. shrugs I don't run on as much sleep as I should on a regular basis.

Adaellae: I fare poorly. I'm much less quick-witted.

Id'en: Well enough, I suppose.

Q: Do you like dancing?

• @shy_not_fly17

Literalism is my middle name: Shy Literalism Not Fly! ;D thumbs up

Gerald: "I have a suspicion that is literally not your actual name. And if it is, my condolences."

Jake: (takes no heed of the twins' warning) Sure! ^_^

Kyle: "And he was never heard from again."

Sebastian: "Pretty much."

There's a lot of speculation between these two about how much training under Gabrielle would make you want to die. Because... She pretty much says she won't even consider it unless they survive Gerald and Jo first. :P

Rubik's Solving Squad, assemble!
    I think that's the third time I've said something like that today xD

It never gets old. :)

@typical_demigod

They just... don't get along. I'm sure most of it is that Adaellae doesn't agree with Ceamath's life choices (Adaellae is... very headstrong about her values), and tbh I'm sure Ceamath is at least a little jealous because of the rumors about Adaellae with her husband. (they have... a dysfunctional marriage, but they're both jealous that the other one is unfaithful?? idk they weird)
    Also, pretty sure Adaellae doesn't really like Ceamath's husband that much, which probably feeds into her dislike of Ceamath.

I see.

continues waiting patiently for story

Lena: "I hope you're comfortable." -.-

(Dude, I really have no idea lol)

William: I'm just... dead to the world. Like, I'm functioning, but I'm slower at processing things and, according to people, I'm rather apathetic.

Me. Me today in fact. >.>

Gabrielle: "I don't usually sleep very much normally, but... When I'm really tired I tend to be a lot less patient."

Gerald: "We know to not bother her right after she comes back from a trip." nods

Johanna: nods

Gerald: "I'm pretty moody when I'm tired, but... Eh..."

Johanna: "I just get tired. It's no one else's problem."

Sebastian: "I deal with it."

Kyle: "I get cranky."

Sebastian: "You get cranky about almost everything."

Kyle: "True."

Dani: "Eh, I try to sleep in as much as possible. I can do okay with little sleep, but I do feel miserable." :/

Lena: "I'm always exhausted. I survive." shrug "Nightmares and the like."

Q: Do you like dancing?

Gabrielle: "On occasion. I'm not great at it though."

Gerald: "No."

Johanna: "I never..."

Gabrielle: "You never danced with your fiancee?"

Johanna: "Didn't know how."

Gerald: "You could have... Told him that..."

Johanna: "Scared to." shrug

Gerald: siiiigh "Okay. Alright. Fine."

Johanna: "What?"

Gerald: "I'll... Take you. Next time we're in the city." >.>

Johanna: "...I don't want pity."

Gerald: "I know, I know... It's not. I promise."

Johanna: "..."

Gerald: "I swear on my mother this is not a pity date."

Johanna: "Okay." beams ^.^

Gerald: "No twirly moves, though."

Johanna: "Aw... Fine." smiles

(You're gonna make me write this aren't you? God damn it)

Sebastian: "I've never danced either. But I plan to."

Kyle: "I don't know if I wanna." :/

Dani: "I like dancing."

Sarah: "Me too!" ^.^

Lena: "It's... Okay, I guess."

Q: Is there something everyone thinks is great and you just don't see the appeal of?

• @blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (October Edition):

Gerald: siiiigh "Okay. Alright. Fine."
    Johanna: "What?"
    Gerald: "I'll... Take you. Next time we're in the city." >.>

I was going to wait to respond and finish my essay first or something but then I read this and gasped and decided you should know. And... I mean, I'm not going to make you write it, but you proposed it, so... I certainly wouldn't mind...

(Dude, I really have no idea lol)

Saaad. I guess you get away this time, Lena.

Kyle: "I don't know if I wanna." :/

Why?

Q: Is there something everyone thinks is great and you just don't see the appeal of?

Adaellae: This question feels familiar.

Ceamath: I never understood why everyone likes bland food.

William: That's something no one see the appeal of.

Ceamath: Then why does bland food exist?

William: Because there are people who don't know how to season their food?

Ceamath: That's what they want you to think.

Arial: I never understood why anyone would want to live in a desert.

William: I never understood why anyone likes living in heavily wooded places. Or any wooded places. o.o

Ceamath: Enlighten us on your experience with the woods.

William: I've been mauled one too many times in the woods. Let's leave it at that.

Ceamath: to Arial and why don't you like the desert?

Arial: It's... sandy? And that's... all? Just sand? And sun. It was pretty bright.

Id'en: I never understood the appeal of the color blue.

Q: What is a landscape you don't like very much? alternatively, Q: If your house is burning down (assuming loved ones are safe), what one (singular) thing would you try to save? (i.e., you can't say 'books'. a singular book, sure. plural books, no.)

• @typical_demigod

You made the 100th post on the thread. Congrats. lol

I was going to wait to respond and finish my essay first or something but then I read this and gasped and decided you should know. And... I mean, I'm not going to make you write it, but you proposed it, so... I certainly wouldn't mind...

Heh. Well, I can't just leave the 'will these two kids have their dance' plot unresolved, now can I? :P

Saaad. I guess you get away this time, Lena.

For now. I might still come up with something.

Why?

Kyle: "I don't know. Sounds like it'd be awkward."

Arial: I never understood why anyone would want to live in a desert.

Dastan: "Hey."

Crys: "No, she's right. It really sucks. I still feel like I have sand in my hair." :/

William: I never understood why anyone likes living in heavily wooded places. Or any wooded places. o.o

Crys: "..."

Dastan: looks incredibly smug now

I don't know why now I want to make it a thing in the main series that these two argue whether the forest or desert is the best place to live. But I'm making it a thing.

Q: If your house is burning down (assuming loved ones are safe), what one (singular) thing would you try to save?

Gabrielle: "Hm. Assuming that I can consider my hat to be on me. Because it's technically clothing. Then I would save my lyre."

Gerald: "What if you had to choose."

Gabrielle: looks genuinely distraught

Gerald: "Okay. Never mind that." pauses "Uhm... My mother's shield I think. I can always make another bow and... Hmm... Our books are in the other tower, that's technically not 'my house'. So that seems like the most logical thing."

Gabrielle: "Your mother's shield and sword are in the armory, though. That's the exact same tower as the books."

Gerald: "Well, I don't know what we're considering my house to be at this point. I don't have a lot of personal stuff with me and I slept in a tent this past month." -.-

Johanna: "They're just things." shrugs

Kyle: "Hm. We have a portrait of our parents. I'd like to keep that."

Sebastian: "My journal."

Kyle: "Is it still blank?"

Sebastian: "Yes."

Kyle: snort

Dani: "I don't think I have any personal items that are that important to me."

Lena: "ONE BOOK!?"

Dani: o,o "Calm down."

Lena: O_<

Sarah: "She's broken." -.-

Dani: "She dealt with the whole 'who would you let die' hypotheticals so much better." -.-

Eldric: "I'd save my bow, I guess."

Dani: "You should just make another."

Eldric: "Yes, that's true, but... I like this one."

Q: Have you ever said you loved someone when you actually didn't?

• @Blackbird Ooh. bows

Heh. Well, I can't just leave the 'will these two kids have their dance' plot unresolved, now can I? :P

It would be cruel.

I don't know why now I want to make it a thing in the main series that these two argue whether the forest or desert is the best place to live. But I'm making it a thing.

Nelly: facepalm

Benito: You're the one who gets too emotional about it.

Nelly: I am?

Benito: Look at you. You're already getting snappy at me.

Nelly: exhales deeply

Benito: But that's okay. People in denial often become aggressive so they don't have to admit the truth.

Nelly: I think we've proven more than once that you're in denial.

Benito: Of what? I have allergies on Earth that I don't get on Mars. Why would I want the allergies?

Nelly: Everyone has allergies in spring.

Benito: I did not meet one person who had allergies remotely as badly as I did.

Nelly: You're a fluke. There are other people with allergies that bad, they're just hard to come by.

Benito: Fluke or not, I'm not putting up with it every year just because, "Oh, it's spring, it'll go away!"

Lena: "ONE BOOK!?"
    Dani: o,o "Calm down."
    Lena: O_<
    Sarah: "She's broken." -.-

Oops. :|

Sometimes you can't get replace those emotional attachments :P

Q: Have you ever said you loved someone when you actually didn't?

William: I remember distinctly having an argument with my father because I didn't tell him I loved him enough and I was saying, you know, we barely have a relationship. There's no reason for me to say it outside of familial bond. :/ I said it more after that, but it wasn't entirely true.

Arial: No.

Ceamath: Sometimes I tell friends I love them when I don't really know them well enough or long enough to mean that. I also told my husband that once.

Adaellae: Someone begged me to know how much I loved their animal. sighs I don't like dogs, but they were convinced that I must. But I said that I did. :/

Id'en: Once.

Q: Do you like watching the sunrise and/or sunset?

• Had another feeling-off day yesterday xS Good times.

@Blackbird

Kyle: "I don't know. Sounds like it'd be awkward."

Alex: When is it not? :3

Personally, with dancing, I've only been...okay(?) when I've not been told what to do, ie. when it's not a choreographed dance. And I'm alone. With no-one watching. Because that would be awkward and embarrassing :3

Crys: "No, she's right. It really sucks. I still feel like I have sand in my hair." :/

I imagine it's like going to the beach and getting sand in your shorts, but 24/7 and reeeeeally fucking hot. mumbles At least at the beach has water...

There's an old (well, I say old, it was around in the 00s and early 10s) TV show here in Britain, called Harry Hill's TV Burp, which was like this...I don't really know what to call it, a comedic round-up of that week's television? Anyway, there was this one segment where you'd have a disagreement on whether x or y was better, and the next thing you know, you'd have...the Queen going up against a trout or something random like that. It's literally just people in random costumes flailing at each other until the ad break, and you never see who wins the fights.

But yeah, that's what that reminded me of. Maybe you should get two people to dress up as a tree and a pile of sand and just punch each other? xD

Sebastian: "My journal."
    Kyle: "Is it still blank?"
    Sebastian: "Yes."
    Kyle: snort

The Story of My Life:

To be fair, I'd be the same way x3

@typical_demigod

Nelly: I think we've proven more than once that you're in denial.
    Benito: Of what? I have allergies on Earth that I don't get on Mars. Why would I want the allergies?
    Nelly: Everyone has allergies in spring.
    Benito: I did not meet one person who had allergies remotely as badly as I did.
    Nelly: You're a fluke. There are other people with allergies that bad, they're just hard to come by.
    Benito: Fluke or not, I'm not putting up with it every year just because, "Oh, it's spring, it'll go away!"

Um, Benito, I'm pretty sure there's medication of some description that you can take for Hay Fever (I'm assuming it's Hay Fever)? And I'd assume by your time medicine would've improved enough that it would be more effective if it isn't currently now? Or can't you be bothered? :P

Id'en: Once.

looks at Id'en intently Not going to elaborate? =.=

Shaan: I do :) They're beautiful, and good inspiration for art.
    Jake: Watching it from space is pretty cool, not gonna lie.
    Shaan: (blinks) How does that work in space?
    Jake: Well, you orbit around the planet, from the dark side into the light part, and then the light part into the dark side. (pauses) Technically it's not a sunrise or set, but it's space, soooo...
    Jenna: (nods) Admittedly it's quite the view.
    Izzy: I'd love to see that :C
    Jenna: I'm sure you can if we ask one of the researchers up there.
    Izzy: Yaaaaaay! :D
    Alex: I don't really watch sunrises or sunsets—because I'm usually playing MMOs or FPSes then (coughcough)—but I don't hate them. I'm just...not that interested.
    Fallon: Unless the sky's gone a really weird shade of green, I'm ain't really bothered what's going on up there.

Q: Name one thing you find unusual/really weird, either about your world or somebody(s) that you know.

• @typical_demigod

I love that Nelly and Benito had to make an appearance just to argue about this. :P

Ceamath: Sometimes I tell friends I love them when I don't really know them well enough or long enough to mean that. I also told my husband that once.

I've had people do this with me and I remember being like "Dude, no you don't, we've known each other for like a month." o.o

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Hope you're feeling better, dude. :)

But yeah, that's what that reminded me of. Maybe you should get two people to dress up as a tree and a pile of sand and just punch each other? xD

Dastan: "I'll wear whatever you want, but I am NOT fighting this woman."

Crys: "Why not?"

Dastan: "I've seen what you do to your recruits?"

Crys: chuckles "Aw, the big bad Crimson warrior is scared of a little blind girl?"

Dastan: "Yes. Definitely yes."

(I don't blame him)

Um, Benito, I'm pretty sure there's medication of some description that you can take for Hay Fever (I'm assuming it's Hay Fever)? And I'd assume by your time medicine would've improved enough that it would be more effective if it isn't currently now? Or can't you be bothered? :P

Dude, don't... Take sides. o.o

That said, pft... Hahaha... is dying of respiratory and skin irritation right now Hah. :|

Shaan: (blinks) How does that work in space?
    Jake: Well, you orbit around the planet, from the dark side into the light part, and then the light part into the dark side. (pauses) Technically it's not a sunrise or set, but it's space, soooo...
    Jenna: (nods) Admittedly it's quite the view.
    Izzy: I'd love to see that :C
    Jenna: I'm sure you can if we ask one of the researchers up there.
    Izzy: Yaaaaaay! :D

Make this happen.

Gabrielle: "Sometimes."

Gerald: "Yes."

Johanna: "Pretty!"

Sebastian: "After having to wake up at sunrise every day to get beaten in the face with a training sword... No. Not really."

Kyle: "I thought I was the one who hates everything?"

Sebastian: "I'm allowed to hate things too. Don't be a greedy jerk." smirk

Dani: "Yeees!"

Lena: "Not very easy to see from the middle of the trees, but..."

Dani: "You can some with me and climb the tall trees."

Lena: "No, I'd rather not fall to my death, thank you."

Dani: sigh "Don't be overdramatic. I've done this a million times. It's safe."

Sarah: "Can I go?" beams

Dani: smiles "When you're older. Rather, when you're a bit taller." pats

Sarah: "Damn it... Again with the waiting."

Dani: "Patience, kiddo."

Sarah: sigh

Q: Name one thing you find unusual/really weird, either about your world or somebody(s) that you know.

Gabrielle: "Everything about these people is weird."

Gerald: "Don't get us started on Valcrest. Valcrest is the definition of weird."

Johanna: smiles "Perfectly normal."

Kyle: nervous laughter "Right."

Sebastian: "Never takes off hat. Obsessively rereads the same books. Sneaks up on people. Compulsive cheater."

Kyle: "Psychopath."

Sebastian: "Verdict's still not out on that. Whereas your cheating is a proven fact."

Kyle: "There is literally no proof other than you saying the odds prove it."

Sebastian: "It's simple math!"

Johanna: "No such thing."

Sebastian: pause "It's math!"

Dani: "I'm surrounded by weirdos. Nothing out of the ordinary about that."

Lena: "No one in the Wolfpack is normal. Normal people don't kill people. Period."

Eldric: "Not everyone in the Wolfpack kills people, though."

Lena: "But they're not too bothered by it either. To be fair, no one in Valcrest is that bothered by it. People killing each other... Shouldn't be considered this normal."

Eldric: :|

Emmett: "The world is what it is. We didn't choose this."

Lena: shrugs "We're choosing it now."

Q: Do you believe you can make a difference in the world?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 Bleh. You need to get better :/

Nelly: There is. He's just grumpy because it took three days to start working.

Benito: A bit. And I still had symptoms. They didn't make them go away entirely.

Nelly: Barely. They could barely be called symptoms.

Benito: Which one of us was suffering it?

Nelly: God, you're such a drama queen sometimes.

Benito: pauses I won't deny that.

looks at Id'en intently Not going to elaborate? =.=

Id'en: It wasn't something I realized was untrue until much later. Enough elaboration for you?

I want to see this... I agree, this needs to be a thing.

@Blackbird What's worse is that their argument was longer than my actual response.

I've had people do this with me and I remember being like "Dude, no you don't, we've known each other for like a month." o.o

Yeah...

It's like, there's a (older) lady I see sometimes (not often, because she works at a different franchise than me, but our stores are owned by the same person so we do a few intra-store things), and there was once she wrote a note about all the good things about me, and in my head I'm like, "this is nice and all, but.... we've seen each other like six times and I barely talked on those occasions if we're being totally honest...."

Dastan has his priorities.

Dani: sigh "Don't be overdramatic. I've done this a million times. It's safe."

I..... wouldn't go that far. Just because nothing bad has happened yet, doesn't mean it won't...

Sebastian: "It's simple math!"
    Johanna: "No such thing."
    Sebastian: pause "It's math!"

nods

William: Jerks exist.

Arial: How is that weird?

William: shrugs I don't know. I just feel like parents should raise their children to be polite, not little assholes.

Arial: Well, when you have a child, you can raise it to be polite and not a little asshole.

William: I fully intend on it.

Ceamath: There are people who don't understand the beauty of horses. looks pointedly at William

William: You know what, if you get kicked by one, you can tell me how beautiful they still are.

Ceamath: Have you been kicked by one?

William: No, but you'll notice that by avoiding horses, there's very little chance of it happening.

Arial: You also have to walk everywhere you go.

William: Exercise is good for the mind.

Arial: raises eyebrow

William: Also, riding in a wagon, you still can't get kicked by a horse.

Arial: Personally, I find it strange how obsessed some people are with celebrities.

Ceamath: You've never had the right circle of gossiping friends, then.

Arial: I've never had any circles of gossiping friends.

Ceamath: My point still stands.

Adaellae: I find it odd that people don't go to the theatre that often.

Arial: It's expensive, and I refuse to stand on the ground level, because whenever I do that, it rains or snows or some other natural weather happens.

Ceamath: I'll take you with me one day. It'll be great fun.

Adaellae: It's great fun.

Id'en: I know a woman who is obsessed with the number two and I... I admit, I do find it a bit weird.

Q: Do you believe you can make a difference in the world?

Ceamath: If I were to put the effort to doing something world-changing, then yes. Am I going to? Probably not. I have no interests in the things that would change the world.

Arial: Not in such a way that people will remember my name personally, but... I feel that being in the machine of the army, you do make a difference.

William: :/ No?

Ceamath: We gave detailed answers. Your one word is extremely anti-climactic.

William: Sorry? pauses I mean... Alright, maybe I can, but it wouldn't be a difference I wanted to make.

Arial: Then why are you doing it?

William: Because I must. Why do you still work in the guard when you dislike it?

Arial: On a spiritual level, it's not making me unhappy.

Adaellae: I do believe I can make a difference in the world. I believe everyone can, simply by existing.

Id'en: I must agree.

Q: What kind of change in the world would you like to be remembered for?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.