Character Respond, Answer, Ask (October Edition)

• What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does she just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response for the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Question to start us off this month: Have you ever found out someone you trusted was lying to you about something important? How did you react?

• My name is Rae-eon! I am soul vessel loyal to the kingdom of Veruin! I was never lied to that I know of, but it would have been nice to know a lot of things about being a Soul Vessel before those wizards turned me into one! It's not entirely their fault though, as I was among the first 5 of my kind ever created. Probably one of the last as well... Still, it would have been nice to know that along with my ridiculous power came a crippling craziness from the souls stored inside of my body... I can still hear the babies screaming... I killed that entire family.... THE ENTIRE FAMILY. I CAN HEAR THEM ALL. THEY WON'T STOP SCREAMING. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME I WOULD HEAR THEM. I CAN'T SHUT THEM UP. IT'S TOO MUCH. THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*this is the first time I have ever done this, but this is how my character would respond about mid-way through the first novel. I just wanted to give a try to his craziness story arch!

My question is: Does your character have any doubts about what he/she is doing? Are they in the right or in the wrong?

• Let me just say how amused I am that we were all surprised it's already October first... I am very amused. :P

I've debated switching up my cast, but I won't. I'm heavily into writing Shadows Rise right now and I'm kinda scared to disrupt that by trying to think for different characters.

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Ya know, I plan to already be posting Shadows Rise by April and April Fools posts were kind of a thing for us in the RP. I think I might write some off-canon thing about muffins for our first April Fool. Because that's a lot more adorable than last time... when I horribly murdered my friends' favorite character for a day. :P

@K-thor

My name is Rae-eon! I am soul vessel loyal to the kingdom of Veruin! I was never lied to that I know of, but it would have been nice to know a lot of things about being a Soul Vessel before those wizards turned me into one! It's not entirely their fault though, as I was among the first 5 of my kind ever created. Probably one of the last as well... Still, it would have been nice to know that along with my ridiculous power came a crippling craziness from the souls stored inside of my body... I can still hear the babies screaming... I killed that entire family.... THE ENTIRE FAMILY. I CAN HEAR THEM ALL. THEY WON'T STOP SCREAMING. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME I WOULD HEAR THEM. I CAN'T SHUT THEM UP. IT'S TOO MUCH. THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Holy shit dude. So sorry... About all the voices and stuff... That sounds extremely unpleasant. Yikes! o.o

Welcome to the thread. :D

Q: Have you ever found out someone you trusted was lying to you about something important? How did you react?

Gabrielle: "Hmph. That's a complicated question."

Gerald: "How so?"

Gabrielle: "Well, there was something, but I didn't exactly find out until after the person was dead. So. I didn't really get to react much."

Gerald: "I'm going to assume by your level of vagueness that you're not going to talk about it."

Gabrielle: "Some things are better left alone."

Gerald: "Honestly? No, I haven't. I've only actually trusted a few people in my life. Both my parents were pretty straightforward with me about things and if these guys have been lying to me about anything important I haven't figured it out yet." shrug

Gabrielle: "I don't honestly believe that'd be possible."

Gerald: "Lying to me?"

Gabrielle: "You tend to know when we're lying, Tucker. You don't always point it out, but you know."

Johanna: "I trusted a lot of wrong people."

Kyle: "How did you react?"

Johanna: "I ran." pause "Then I killed them."

Kyle: o.O

Sebastian: "Well then." chuckle

Kyle: "Do you want to answer this?"

Sebastian: "Doesn't matter." sigh "Our mom died giving birth to us. That's something that our dad never mentioned and our sister never told us about. A couple of days before our birthday, last year, I found his journal and, well... Let's just say I didn't take the news very well."

Kyle: "He and Katherine had a screaming match in the living room. And you have to understand that our sister never yelled. For any reason. Never."

Sebastian: "Kat really cared about birthdays. She... She always made a huge deal about our birthday every year and, well, I told her I didn't want a party that year, I said some pretty horrible things to her because I was angry and..."

Kyle: "We didn't have a birthday celebration that year. Because they were fighting. And Kat was pretty sad about it and Seb was being an asshole. We did all sit and talk it out and everything eventually returned to normal but..." sigh

Sebastian: "Kat was killed about three or four months later and we... She wasn't there for our birthday this year." snort

Yay, look, we're being horribly depressing again. >.>

Dani: "Not that I know of." o.O

Lena: "No. I can usually tell if people are lying to me, so..."

Dani: "So, when mom told you about... you know... Your birth mom... Did you already know?"

Lena: "Yes and no."

Dani: "..."

Lena: "I knew that mom had to kill her I just didn't know why. I also didn't know how close they were before all that... So.. Yes and no." shrugs "I wasn't really looking forward to that story, or I would have asked mom about it sooner."

Eldric: "Hm... Well... My father didn't tell me how mom died."

Lena: "I had to tell him. Me." snort

Emmett: "You're shitting me!"

Dani: "Wow. Just wow."

Lena: "Oh, yeah. And the old man was pissed off about it too. I had no right to tell."

Emmett: "Did he not tell you anything!?"

Eldric: "He told me she died in a failed mission, but that was it. Yeah."

Emmett: "So let me get this straight... He told you not to talk to her." points at Lena "Because of how mom died, but he never actually told you about how mom died?"

Eldric: shrug "Not until I I confronted him about it. No."

Emmett: shakes head "That's pathetic."

Q: Does your character have any doubts about what he/she is doing? Are they in the right or in the wrong?

Gabrielle: snort "Ha."

Gerald: "Are you laughing? Because last time you laughed on this thread..."

Gabrielle: "I'm fine, Tucker. I'm just amused." sigh "To answer simply; no, I have no doubts. And neither. Or both. Depends on how you choose to see it."

Gerald: "That sounds about right. I mean, I have no illusions about what we're doing."

Johanna: "Same."

Kyle: "I have doubts. Sometimes. I mean... I've never... Killed anyone.

Sebastian: "..."

Dani: "I have all the doubts. Mostly about whether I can be a fitting leader and not about... What we do. There's a reason behind the Wolfpack's existence. It's complicated, but it's important." pause "I wouldn't put it in terms of 'right' and 'wrong' though."

Lena: "I've had doubts. Doing what we do isn't easy. It never gets any easier. And you don't want it to get easier. Still, Dani has a point. There's a reason behind it."

Sarah: "What is it?"

Dani: "We told you. You should ask mom."

Sarah: -.-

Emmett: "I kind of got fed up with being an assassin after my first year. It became a bit too difficult for me. So... I asked the Alpha if I could be reassigned. She sent me to Newhaven for four years to work as a recruiter and then called me back to become an instructor."

Q: Have you ever known someone was lying to you and decided to not confront them about it?

• @typical_demigod Oooh, can't wait to see these new characters ^-^
    Agreed on the Portuguese teacher. It was a ridiculous reaction considering :3

Is that friend, perhaps, me?

Nope. But you and @Blackbird could probably give her a run for her money :P

Go for it, my friend. Make an underground magical society. There's already aliens; why not magicians?
    (Or maybe the aliens experimented on the turkey and this is what they got.)

That's funny, because if you remember Gray, my interrupting precognitive wizard, I originally had him and his wizardlyness exist in the same universe as the twins and co., but I wasn't sure whether there was much point in meshing them. Guess there is, now I have a magical turkey on my hands.
    Although the idea of the aliens experimenting on a turkey with disastrous results is pretty damn funny xD

Rus: Whenever someone flirts with me I'm one half shocked, like, "Why the hell are you flirting with me when I'm pretty sure there's someone more attractive", and the other part of me is just awkward because flirtation confuses me and I'm bad at it. :/

Me.

@K-thor Welcome to the thread!

Still, it would have been nice to know that along with my ridiculous power came a crippling craziness from the souls stored inside of my body... I can still hear the babies screaming... I killed that entire family.... THE ENTIRE FAMILY. I CAN HEAR THEM ALL. THEY WON'T STOP SCREAMING. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME I WOULD HEAR THEM. I CAN'T SHUT THEM UP. IT'S TOO MUCH. THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Well, shit O_o Sounds pretty damn rough :/ Why did the wizards do that to you, may I ask?

@Blackbird I've thought about it as well, but at this point, I'm so attached to these six that it's hard to get into a new bunch of mindsets shrug

Ya know, I plan to already be posting Shadows Rise by April and April Fools posts were kind of a thing for us in the RP. I think I might write some off-canon thing about muffins for our first April Fool. Because that's a lot more adorable than last time... when I horribly murdered my friends' favorite character for a day. :P

The best kind of April Fools—Literal Character Assassination! ^_^
    And please, muffins are tasty and awesome!

Johanna: "I trusted a lot of wrong people."
    Kyle: "How did you react?"
    Johanna: "I ran." pause "Then I killed them."

I'd ask for the story, but I'll respectfully decide to leave it. And assume these people deserved it.

Kyle: "Do you want to answer this?"
    Sebastian: "Doesn't matter." sigh "Our mom died giving birth to us. That's something that our dad never mentioned and our sister never told us about. A couple of days before our birthday, last year, I found his journal and, well... Let's just say I didn't take the news very well."
    Kyle: "He and Katherine had a screaming match in the living room. And you have to understand that our sister never yelled. For any reason. Never."
    Sebastian: "Kat really cared about birthdays. She... She always made a huge deal about our birthday every year and, well, I told her I didn't want a party that year, I said some pretty horrible things to her because I was angry and..."
    Kyle: "We didn't have a birthday celebration that year. Because they were fighting. And Kat was pretty sad about it and Seb was being an asshole. We did all sit and talk it out and everything eventually returned to normal but..." sigh
    Sebastian: "Kat was killed about three or four months later and we... She wasn't there for our birthday this year." snort

offers the twins a hug

Eldric: "Hm... Well... My father didn't tell me how mom died."
    Lena: "I had to tell him. Me." snort
    Emmett: "You're shitting me!"

What...the fuck?
    I would be pissed off if I had to find that out the way you did. Someone punch that man in the face >:3

Q: Have you ever known someone was lying to you and decided to not confront them about it?
    Izzy: Yup, that girl from dance club I mentioned before.
    Jenna: Jake's told a few white lies before, and I've decided not to ask.
    Jake: Errr...
    Jenna: Because it's easier to get to the truth and deal with it, rather than start bickering with you.
    Jake: Oh.
    Alex: Have you ever lied to Jake?
    Jenna: I prefer to be honest with him.
    Jake: Sometimes brutally.
    Jenna: I've said it before, sugarcoating is pointless.
    Jake: :3
    Alex: Whenever Ryan goes through a breakup. (in Ryan's voice) "I'm perfectly fine, Alex, now fuck off so I can sleep."
    Shaan: Sounds like Dev in the morning.
    Alex: Not a morning person?
    Shaan: Not a single bit.
    Alex: Well then.
    Fallon: Da and Mags do that, sometimes, the whole "I'm fine" shite. I dunnae ask 'cause usually, I know why.
    Shaan: They say that "I'm fine" is the most common lie we tell. So yeah, we've all heard that at least once.

Q: When was the last time you told someone "I'm fine," when you weren't?

• Yeah, I was thinking about it, but I'm going to start working actively again on the story from that intro I shared the other day, so I figure I might as well drag them all in here :P I'm probably going to still work on minor things with the Earthlings cast though, because there's a lot of worldbuilding that I need to do and I do aim on eventually completing the story XD

@K-thor Welcome to the thread! And.... that does sound terrible. What exactly is Rae-eon's job?

@Blackbird Ha. I remember you telling that story. I get the vibe readers would, indeed, be much less happy about you April Fools killing one of the Shadows Rise characters than opening a muffin shop.

'Tis inevitable.

@Shy_Not_Fly17 I guess it's time to bring Gray and the wizarding community back XD

Shaan: They say that "I'm fine" is the most common lie we tell. So yeah, we've all heard that at least once.

My theory about this is that it's ingrained in you from a young age to always respond to the question "How are you" with something like "I'm fine" or "I'm good". In 95% of cases, you're not supposed to answer it honestly.

Q: Does your character have any doubts about what he/she is doing? Are they in the right or in the wrong?

William: No.

Ceamath: And is it right or wrong?

William: It's.... erm.... both. Yes, both.

Ceamath: Well, I have no doubts about what I'm doing, and I generally don't care if it's right or wrong because nobody else cares.

Arial: Career-wise, sure. Life-wise, not sure.

Ceamath: Elaborate.

Arial: raises eyebrow

Id'en: I don't. What I say is true, and the city deserves to know it.

Adaellae: considers Agreed.

Ceamath: I'm certain that this one has lied to me before. gestures vaguely at William

William: I've never lied to you.

Ceamath: Liar.

William: :|

Arial: All the time. It's inherent to my job. Unfortunately for all the liars in my charge, most of them end up punished severely.

Adaellae: People attempt to lie to me all the time. People from the congregation, people from the government, people from my own abbey. I find that sometimes, it's easier to let them lie until they've woven a web they can't escape, and then confront them.

Id'en: Yes.

Ceamath: Oh, darling, I'm always fine. Why else would I take all this time in the morning prettying myself up?

Arial: I think that's the shallowest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth.

Ceamath: You're jealous.

Arial: Of what!?

Ceamath: Never being fine like me.

Arial:

William: In that context, I, also, am always looking fine.

Arial: Keep telling yourself that.

Id'en: The last time someone thought to ask how my feelings were.

Adaellae: I don't remember, to be honest. Everything is not fine, and I'm not afraid of telling people this.

Q: Have you ever been penalized for being honest?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

I'd ask for the story, but I'll respectfully decide to leave it. And assume these people deserved it.

Let's just say those people were responsible for about 90% of the scars on Jo's body. And she has a lot of them. >.>

What...the fuck?
    I would be pissed off if I had to find that out the way you did. Someone punch that man in the face >:3

Heh.

Eldric was pretty angry about it at the time, but by now he's become very... Apathetic... Towards the things his father does. :/

Alex: Whenever Ryan goes through a breakup. (in Ryan's voice) "I'm perfectly fine, Alex, now fuck off so I can sleep."

How often does Ryan go through breakups? ^.-

@typical_demigod

Ha. I remember you telling that story. I get the vibe readers would, indeed, be much less happy about you April Fools killing one of the Shadows Rise characters than opening a muffin shop.

I could never do that kind of April Fools with Shadows Rise. That'd be too traumatic.

Muffins are good. Muffins are safe. Nothing can go wrong with muffins. >.>

Ceamath: And is it right or wrong?
    William: It's.... erm.... both. Yes, both.

That sounded a tad bit indecisive. :P

Id'en: I don't. What I say is true, and the city deserves to know it.
    Adaellae: considers Agreed.

What about? ^.-

Adaellae: People attempt to lie to me all the time. People from the congregation, people from the government, people from my own abbey. I find that sometimes, it's easier to let them lie until they've woven a web they can't escape, and then confront them.
    Id'en: Yes.

Claire: "I approve of this. Especially if you have children. How are they to learn lying is pointless unless you let them complicate themselves?"

Lena: "Mom... Why are you here?"

Claire: smiles "No reason."

Dani: "Whatever it is... This time I really didn't do it." >.>

Claire: "Honestly. If you had, I would know. Wouldn't I?"

Dani: "Yes." -.-

Gabrielle: "It doesn't happen often."

Gerald: "When was it, though?"

Gabrielle: "Months ago. And no, I'm not being more specific than that."

Gerald: "I don't think I've ever said 'I'm fine'. At most I say I don't need help."

Johanna: "All the time."

Gabrielle: "And we never believe you."

Johanna: >.>

Sebastian: "I haven't been fine in over a year. So at any point during that?"

Kyle: "Hmph. I don't think I've actually said that."

Dani: "I don't know. Yesterday, maybe?"

Lena: "I say it at least three times a day." shrug

Eldric: "I don't keep track."

Q: Have you ever been penalized for being honest?

Gabrielle: "Yes."

Gerald: "Ha. Multiple times."

Johanna: "...Yes."

Kyle: "Not really. I mean, we've lied mostly about things that would have gotten into serious trouble if we admitted to them."

Sebastian: "Right. And before that... Well, honestly, we had little reason not to tell our sister things. She wasn't very strict so long as we didn't actively try to kill each other."

Kyle: "..."

Sebastian: "Shut up."

Dani: "No. To be honest, most of the times I've been in trouble, confessing helped ease the punishment some.That said, if I can get away with it I will." >.>

Lena: "A few times. Telling people what you think of them can cause some serious problems. Especially if they're your superior."

Sarah: "No." :)

Eldric: "Not yet. But I have a feeling I will eventually."

Q: Would you be able to answer these questions honestly if your parents were here?

• @Blackbird

That sounded a tad bit indecisive. :P

William: a tad more decisively Both.

What about? ^.-

actually hasn't reviewed this bit yet IIRC, Id'en was the one who started the rumor that the governor and a couple of high ranking aristocrats have been breaking the law.

Adaellae is a priestess who has a bad relationship with the governor and sometimes bad mouths him to her congregation, though nothing she says explicitly lines up with Id'en's claims.

It's not a spoiler because it happens in Ch. 2, but Id'en essentially bribes Adaellae to start preaching things that explicitly agree with Id'en's rumors. So, eventually, Adallae will have that one as well.

Claire: "I approve of this. Especially if you have children. How are they to learn lying is pointless unless you let them complicate themselves?"

Adaellae: I think we'd get along well.

I love Sarah. You must protect her and not let something terrible I'm certain has been planned happen to her.

Q: Would you be able to answer these questions honestly if your parents were here?

Arial: My parents are dead.

William: I'm pretty sure everyone's parents are dead.

Ceamath: My parents aren't dead.

Arial: Really?

William: How old are you?

Ceamath: shrugs I'm the same age as you. Are you sure that your parents are dead?

Arial: :| My parents are dead.

William: I mean, I haven't heard that my father is dead, but I'm pretty sure if he was dead, my brother wouldn't tell me. You know, to get the inheritance.

Arial: Inheritance, huh?

Ceamath: How much?

William: :| thinks long and hard Uh...I guess it depends on how long it takes for my brother to tell me.

Adaellae: I have nothing to hide from my parents.

William: Aren't you the oldest one here!?

Adaellae: You, sir, are in no position to ask me questions like that.

William: Let me rephrase that. Your parents are alive?

Adaellae: Let me rephrase that. You're in no position to ask me any questions.

Id'en: I don't think I've seen enough of these questions to answer this one honestly. And for anybody prying, yes, my parents are alive.

Q: If you could be indoors or outdoors at any given time, which would you rather be in?

• @typical_demigod It probably is, though I doubt that it'll look the same as before when I'm done with Gray and the wizards ;P For all I know, Gray might not even be a wizard possible hinting

My theory about this is that it's ingrained in you from a young age to always respond to the question "How are you" with something like "I'm fine" or "I'm good". In 95% of cases, you're not supposed to answer it honestly.

That's a possibility, definitely. I know I've said it myself in that way, before, so it does make sense.

Ceamath: Oh, darling, I'm always fine. Why else would I take all this time in the morning prettying myself up?
    [...]
    William: In that context, I, also, am always looking fine.

alt text
    I...don't believe that was the exact meaning of the question, but you're not wrong?

@Blackbird

Let's just say those people were responsible for about 90% of the scars on Jo's body. And she has a lot of them. >.>

knows that it's too late to do anything about it, but pulls out the chainsaw regardless

How often does Ryan go through breakups? ^.-

Alex: Let's just say, there was one year in high school where Ry had gotten with almost every girl in his form. For reference, his form had thirty-odd people and there was a higher girl to boy ratio.

Muffins are good. Muffins are safe. Nothing can go wrong with muffins. >.>

Exactly! Muffins are lovely and delicious and I won't hear otherwise! >:3

Lena: "Mom... Why are you here?"
    Claire: smiles "No reason."
    Dani: "Whatever it is... This time I really didn't do it." >.>
    Claire: "Honestly. If you had, I would know. Wouldn't I?"
    Dani: "Yes." -.-

waves Hello, I—(realises I'm thinking of the wrong Claire) Dani's Mum ^-^

@typical_demigod

I love Sarah. You must protect her and not let something terrible I'm certain has been planned happen to her.

stares pointedly at @Blackbird, aware of the minor hypocrisy because of Izzy
    Word.

William: I mean, I haven't heard that my father is dead, but I'm pretty sure if he was dead, my brother wouldn't tell me. You know, to get the inheritance.

What an ass :I

Q: If you could be indoors or outdoors at any given time, which would you rather be in?
    Alex: Indoors.
    Fallon: Outdoors.
    Alex: (blinks) Ewww, outdoors.
    Fallon: Quit your whining, Lex, outdoors is good for you.
    Alex: (grumbling) Tell that to Australia.
    Gray: (running into the room) I was summoned?
    Alex: Not this time, Interrupting Wizard of Oz. You may go back to wizarding.
    Gray: Oh, okay. Have a good arvo, then. I've got magic divebombing pigeons to deal with (runs off)
    Jenna: ...I'd ask, but I don't feel motivated to deal with whatever 'magic divebombing pigeons' are.
    Jake: Aaaanyway, I like outdoors. But outdoors you can't plug in a Fender Stratocaster, so indoors it is.
    Izzy: Depends on whether I can read outside at that given point. If I can, that's my answer.
    Shaan: I'll go with outdoors too, but because of art. Lots of inspiration indoors and space to paint, but...well, more space and inspiration. :3
    Jenna: I'll stay indoors, especially if it's spring or summer. My hay fever becomes absolutely unbearable around then.

Q: If you were stuck either indoors or outdoors, depending on which one you didn't pick (or if you didn't answer that question, whichever one you don't prefer), for a significant period of time (we'll say about twelve hours), what would you do?

• I love Sarah. You must protect her and not let something terrible I'm certain has been planned happen to her.

stares pointedly at @Blackbird, aware of the minor hypocrisy because of Izzy
    Word.

Heh. Hah... Uhm... You guys are really putting me on the spot here. I.... uhm...

OH WOW LOOK WHAT I FOUND

alt text

runs away

@typical_demigod

Did the governor actually do those things or is Id'en just starting those rumors to fuck with him for unrelated reasons?

Also how old are these people (give or take) and/or how long do people live in this world that having living parents at their age is something to be surprised about? ^.-

@Shy_Not_Fly17

knows that it's too late to do anything about it, but pulls out the chainsaw regardless

Johanna: O.O "What is that? Can I have it?"

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald: "Absolutely not."

Johanna: sigh -.-

Alex: Let's just say, there was one year in high school where Ry had gotten with almost every girl in his form. For reference, his form had thirty-odd people and there was a higher girl to boy ratio.

Reminds me of a buddy I had in seventh grade who, by the time we parted ways to a different school. had been madly in love with about half the school (It was a tiny school, give it that, but still). He actually shaved his eyebrows for a girl in our class. We had to, no joke, gather up in a group and tell him to lighten up because we were legitimately concerned for his well-being. :|

waves Hello, I—(realises I'm thinking of the wrong Claire) Dani's Mum ^-^

Claire: "Ello."

Lena: "Don't encourage... This..."

Claire: chuckle "Alright. Alright. I'm leaving. Just try not to traumatize Sarah any more than strictly necessary, yes?"

Lena: "Yes." nods

Gray: Oh, okay. Have a good arvo, then. I've got magic divebombing pigeons to deal with (runs off)

Did I tell you guys 'bout the time I was knocked out by a kamikaze pigeon? I can never remember if I've told people that story or not. :P

Jake: Aaaanyway, I like outdoors. But outdoors you can't plug in a Fender Stratocaster, so indoors it is.

This is why I switched from my Eagle Stratocaster to an acoustic guitar. I'm 100% unplugged, since 2008! :P

Q: If you were stuck either indoors or outdoors, depending on which one you didn't pick (or if you didn't answer that question, whichever one you don't prefer), for a significant period of time (we'll say about twelve hours), what would you do?

Gabrielle: "If I was stuck indoors... Nothing. Sleep. Then probably nothing some more. It depends. Do I get to choose where I'm stuck? If I'm in my office, I'd probably read or play music to pass the time. And be horribly hungry for a while."

Johanna: "What if you can be anywhere in the tower and just can't go outside?"

Gabrielle: "I'd still be hungry. The kitchen and the pantry are in the other tower. But then, I suppose I could work on the forge without going outside."

Johanna: "I'm bringing you food." =.=

Gabrielle: "Wouldn't you be stuck inside too, though? And if you weren't, you'd be stuck outside. So either way, you couldn't get me food."

Johanna: "..."

Kyle: "Are we allowed to pass things to each other through the windows? Because I'd definitely be stuck outside. So if Jo was stuck in the tower with the food, she'd pass it to me and I'd deliver it." shrugs "Beats sitting around and being annoyed at the stupid weather."

Gerald: "There's plenty of work to do outside, still."

Kyle: "You wouldn't be there to supervise though. I could screw something up." smirk

Gerald: -.-

Sebastian: "I'd probably try to sleep through the mess of you guys passing each other things." >.>

Dani: "I've been confined to my room on a two-day suspension. It's... Not fun. I'd probably be really bored and doodle on the ceiling."

Lena: "Mom would just make you clean the ceiling again. Do you remember how fun that was for you?"

Dani: "I'd read a book or something. I don't know." -.-

Lena: "If I was stuck outside I'd probably just find somewhere quiet and relax. Like I usually do outside on my day off." shrug "It's not like I'm agoraphobic just because I like being in my room."

Sarah: "What is that?"

Lena: "Agoraphobia is when someone gets panicked or anxious from being in wide open spaces or in places with a lot of people."

Sarah: "Oh. Like... Everywhere in our camp?"

Lena: "Pretty much."

Sarah: "You're definitely not one of those."

Q: Do you think you have any phobias?

• @shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (October Edition):

Excuse you. There are plugs outside.

(I say that like I'm offended but tbh my answer would probably be 'indoors' so...)

@typical_demigod It probably is, though I doubt that it'll look the same as before when I'm done with Gray and the wizards ;P For all I know, Gray might not even be a wizard possible hinting

Me the first time I read this: blank stare

Me now:
    0_1506977182556_b17dca95-7dfa-41db-b40a-d5fac9b23843-image.png

I...don't believe that was the exact meaning of the question, but you're not wrong?

I felt rather smart when I realized I could use it in the context of appearance. It's not often I make those connections.

In one year? That's like. A girl a month. (Using rough math, estimating down to 30 people with 15 girls, only getting with almost all of them = 12.)

What an ass :I

William: shrugs I wouldn't be angry. I would make him manage the--- long pause

Arial & Ceamath: raise eyebrows

William: Inheritance. Until I leave Wakegloom, anyway. Which is... a while away.

@Blackbird gasps IT'S KITTIES!!! pauses Wait a second....

Did the governor actually do those things or is Id'en just starting those rumors to fuck with him for unrelated reasons?

I don't remember exactly what her version of events is, but he's doing at least some of them and he's not as honest as he claims to be. Most people with the ability to do anything are too busy sucking up to him to care, and everyone else have larger things to worry about.

They're all in their mid-to-late twenties, which would make any parents in their mid-to-late 40s or early 50s, but I'm guessing most people die around that age anyway, once you factor in the general lack of medical knowledge outside of a few very well educated scholars (like Adaellae) + local monsters + war + frequent-enough plagues. (If you use someone like William as an example, who has barely survived a plague plus 2 violent monster attacks, that's probably a high age estimate.)

This is why I switched from my Eagle Stratocaster to an acoustic guitar. I'm 100% unplugged, since 2008! :P

That sounds like an ad to like, quit smoking by switching to vaping or something along those lines.

Kyle: "You wouldn't be there to supervise though. I could screw something up." smirk

Kyle, purposely messing something up while pretending he didn't know any better because there was no supervisor.

William: That depends on whether I'm within the city gates or outside. If I'm inside the city gates, I'll be fine; business as usual with a bit less alcohol than I'd like.

Arial: That might be good for you.

Ceamath: I would die.

William: What, because you have to manage your household?

Ceamath: No. Because the humidity. You think I go outside because I have to?

William: What do you have in your house? Thirty servants to fan you whenever you get a bit hot?

Ceamath: ...What if I do?

Arial: My god, woman, just sit at home and put up with your husband and enjoy thirty servants fanning you whenever you get hot.

Ceamath: It does get boring after a while.

Arial: But are you comfortable?

Ceamath: But I'm very bored.

William: Shit, I'd rather be comfortable and bored than not bored but uncomfortable.

Ceamath: I suppose we have different priorities.

Arial: Personally, I prefer the outdoors to the indoors, but about every other shift I'm stuck in doors all day, so I'd just make it one of those days.

Adaellae: I don't really have a preference.

Id'en: No?

Adaellae: There are things I enjoy doing in both places.

Id'en: Personally, I dislike the outdoors, especially now that I have no business to distract myself, but I'd find something to do to entertain myself.

Q: Do you think you have any phobias?

William: ...there are people who don't?

Ceamath: What... what's your phobia?

William: realizes his mistake None of your concern.

Arial: As a guard, it's my duty to protect my citizens. To do that, I need to be able to-

Arial: Personally, I have phobia of rivers. Well, not a phobia, but I dislike them.

Ceamath: snorts That's ironic.

William: No wonder you never smell well. You never go down to the river to wash your clothes.

Arial: -.-

Arial is an ex-follower of J'kah, who is patron of rivers, among other things.

Ceamath: I think spiders are creepy.

William: I enjoy Falcon's company, but sometimes he's a bit creepy.

Arial & Ceamath: nod in agreement

Id'en: I have fears, but no phobias.

Adaellae: I have a phobia of moths.

Q: Are you the person that screams and runs away from the random creepy crawly that got in your house/living arrangements/etc., or the person that sighs and kills it?

• @typical_demigod Rae-eon is a weapon of sorts. He is still very much a person, but he was turned into a Soul Vessel by a collaboration of Wizards and Sorcerers for a particular purpose. He is among the first 5 Soul Vessels to ever be created and perhaps the last. This is the same most other mythical beings/creatures come into my world. Usually for war efforts. For example Sirens were made on the premise of destroying armadas in a single night. Now that war is long over, and siren's plague the seas.

We are still world building, but lots of creatures will be created this way. Soul Vessels just happen to be a soulless soul eaters. When they kill someone they take that persons soul, and they can then use it for energy to do more magic. So instead of getting fatigued like most magical users, as longs as they have souls to burn, they can continue doing magic. This makes them wildly powerful, but there is lot more too them that I'm not going to add into this, for it would be too long.

However, I will say that there are quite a lot of downsides to being a Soul Vessel that Eon and the others will have to figure for themselves as time goes on!

• @Blackbird YOU CAN'T FOOL ME WITH KITTENS!!!! O-O
    ...squees at the kittens

Johanna: O.O "What is that? Can I have it?"
    Gabrielle: "No."
    Gerald: "Absolutely not."
    Johanna: sigh -.-

If I knew the blueprints for chainsaws, I'd send it over so someone can invent it for you C:

Reminds me of a buddy I had in seventh grade who, by the time we parted ways to a different school. had been madly in love with about half the school (It was a tiny school, give it that, but still). He actually shaved his eyebrows for a girl in our class. We had to, no joke, gather up in a group and tell him to lighten up because we were legitimately concerned for his well-being. :|

o_O He could've just made something for her? A card, or a cupcake, or something?
    Although that does make me think Jake is the type to shave his eyebrows for someone he really likes, the silly prat.
    Jake: I...Probably, yeah.
    Jenna: And you're also the type of idiot who takes trolleys and spins around in them in the car park after school.
    Jake: (beams) That's fun, you should try it sometime.
    Jenna: I think I'll pass.

Did I tell you guys 'bout the time I was knocked out by a kamikaze pigeon? I can never remember if I've told people that story or not. :P

I don't believe you have, do tell :D

Jake: Oh shit, you're right! CHANGE MY ANSWER PLEASE, O' MAGNIFICENT BITCH!
    Jenna: I can't believe you forgot the existence of your acoustic.
    Jake: I was thinking about a riff I could do when we were answering, can you blame me?
    Jenna: (rolls eyes) Actually, that's a good question—if you were only able to play one for the rest of your life, electric or acoustic?
    Jake: :C NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T MAKE ME PICK!
    Jenna: Pick.
    Jake: ;-; But I love them both...
    Jenna: One.
    Jake: (grumps, then comes to a realisation) Oh shit, I don't need to plug in, though, do I? I literally make electricity.
    Jenna: (stares blankly for a few beats) ...Alex?
    Alex: Yeeeees?
    Jenna: Can you find that GIF of people facepalming?
    Alex: You mean this one?
    Jenna: That's the one, thanks.

Also, yeeeeah, I'm with @typical_demigod, that kinda sounded like one of those ads encouraging people to kick the habit with nicotine patches and shit xD

Dani: "I've been confined to my room on a two-day suspension. It's... Not fun. I'd probably be really bored and doodle on the ceiling."

Doodling on the ceiling sounds fun :D I'd probably just draw irises and silly little faces and flowers and kittens, and maybe bees, because why not?

@typical_demigod

Excuse you. There are plugs outside.

The only potential outdoor plugs in-universe I can think of are the 'lecky stations' where people would recharge their electric cars. I mean, I highly doubt they'd be compatible with amps and shit, but that's the only thing that comes to mind right now xD

Me the first time I read this: blank stare
    Me now:

Gray: (looking up) Aliens?
    nods Aliens.
    Gray: Wait, I'm gonna be an alien?
    Actually, I was thinking of Satan.
    Gray: O_O
    I don't actually know if I was joking.
    If it helps you could remain a wizard and there'd be no satanic aliens to worry about.
    Gray: That would be nice.

I felt rather smart when I realized I could use it in the context of appearance. It's not often I make those connections.

To be fair, I'm the same way. And then I march around feeling like a smart cookie ^_^

In one year? That's like. A girl a month. (Using rough math, estimating down to 30 people with 15 girls, only getting with almost all of them = 12.)

Alex: Probably more than twelve girls, higher girl:boy ratio and all, but I'd say that's a good estimate.

Mathematics! xD

Make him manage the what, William? :P

Ceamath: I would die.
    William: What, because you have to manage your household?
    Ceamath: No. Because the humidity. You think I go outside because I have to?
    William: What do you have in your house? Thirty servants to fan you whenever you get a bit hot?
    Ceamath: ...What if I do?
    Arial: My god, woman, just sit at home and put up with your husband and enjoy thirty servants fanning you whenever you get hot.

giggling can be heard in the distance I like Arial already ^_^

So, how do these patrons/gods work in this universe then? Is there like, a pantheon of some description who people follow in general and then patrons they follow specifically depending on what they're patrons of, or do they just pick one/a couple and stick with those?

@K-thor Sounds great ^_^ Can't wait to learn more!

Q: Are you the person that screams and runs away from the random creepy crawly that got in your house/living arrangements/etc., or the person that sighs and kills it?
    Jenna: Take a wild guess.
    Jake: I don't like spiders, but I can catch them and chuck them out the window. (jerks thumb at Jenna) She just avoids them.
    Shaan: Yeah, I don't like killing spiders.
    Alex: (lifting up a fly swatter) So this pacifistic thing extends to animals, too?
    Shaan: Um, no, not exactly. I don't like getting dead spider goop on things.
    Fallon: Fuck that, I'm gonnae smash the wee bastards so they dunnae crawl over my face in my sleep.
    Alex: (swishes the fly swatter about) Seconded. Also, those fuckers give me blueprint headaches and now I know more about spiders than I ever wanted to, so yeah, fuck that shit.
    Izzy: (looks at the two of them strangely, avoiding the swatter) Have neither of you heard of a cup and some paper?
    Fallon: But the bastards always get back in!
    Alex: Euuugh!
    Izzy: (sighs) But house spiders are harm—
    Fallon: DISGUSTING! >:O
    Izzy: Somewhere, a spider is crying because of you :P
    Alex: Good, I don't care about a sodding spider's feelings.
    Izzy: What if that spider was you? :P
    Alex: (literally flinches and jumps back on the sofa) No.
    Jake: Spiders are pretty cool, as much as I don't like them. You'd probably be one of those daddy long-legs spiders.
    Alex: No.
    Jake: But—
    Alex: Did I stutter? o-o
    Jake: (sighs) Nope.
    Alex: Right. No spiders.

Q: What do you think is your spirit animal? Alternatively, what do you think other people think your spirit animal is?

• @K-thor Interesting. And were they turned into Soul Vessels willingly?

@Shy_Not_Fly17

The only potential outdoor plugs in-universe I can think of are the 'lecky stations' where people would recharge their electric cars. I mean, I highly doubt they'd be compatible with amps and shit, but that's the only thing that comes to mind right now xD

They don't have anything else? Especially in areas where something electronic might be plugged in to be used outside?

I mean, hey, Satan's always an option. Though, you could always go more of a Hades route with him?

Alex: Probably more than twelve girls, higher girl:boy ratio and all, but I'd say that's a good estimate.
    Mathematics! xD

sighs This is why I fail at math ya'll.

Make him manage the what, William? :P

William: My inheritance.

I was told by someone IRL that they like Arial as well XD

Basically, yes. There's a general pantheon, but people tend to follow a deity based on where they're from and what their beliefs are. So, for Wakegloom, the city where the story takes place, the patron deity is Maim. Most of the people born and raised in the city follow Maim. (Adaellae is actually a priestess of Maim, and Id'en is a follower of Maim.) But for them, it's not what she's patron of, so much as it is, "This is the religious environment I grew up around and I know best; therefore, she's the one I'm going to mainly worship."

For most rural farmers, they'll follow someone like J'kah, who is associated with most of the different forms of water (hence Arial/J'kah, though Arial did, also, grow up near a river :P).

Rarely, people have patrons based on their family. Adaer is heavily associated with warriors, William has never had anything to do with war tbh, but she's been his family's patron for generations upon generations, so he follows her anyway.

Now, there are other religions, though they don't make much of an appearance outside of offhand references. Most of these relate to Arial, because she was a high-ranking military official before she started openly following a foreign religion, and now she's just a random guard person.

I'll go into more detail of how the gods themselves work in the universe if you really want me to, but the entire third arc of the story revolves around how the gods themselves work in this universe :P

Shaan: Um, no, not exactly. I don't like getting dead spider goop on things.

Agreed man.

Ironically, it's Izzy that makes me think of this (though she probably wouldn't like the story), but:

I was out of town the other weekend on a retreat in a cabin in the woods. (Beside the point, but there were humongous webs EVERYWHERE. With GIANT spiders. o.o) There was a giant web outside of one of the cabins, and a grasshopper or something long & green stuck in a screen door, and half the people I was with wanted to catch this grasshopper and throw it in the spider's web. (We did catch the grasshopper; it bit the guy who caught it and flew away. We think it liked its screendoor. Later, there was another bug they tried throwing in the web, but there was never a successful result.)

Q: What do you think is your spirit animal? Alternatively, what do you think other people think your spirit animal is?

Ceamath: I don't know... what... this is?

Arial: It probably means when you die, what are you coming back as?

William: A human. pauses Is that in your religion?

Arial: No.

Ceamath: Arial's coming back as a bug :|

William: Or a monster.

Ceamath: I was trying to be polite :/

Arial: On the plus side, I get to maul you.

William: That's not a funny joke.

Ceamath: Eh.

William: -_-

Ceamath: Mine's a butterfly. They're pretty, and they don't care what society requires of them. They just live their own life.

Adaellae: smug They also don't live very long.

Ceamath: Oh, I forgot, you're not coming back as anything. You're getting a ticket, aren't you?

Adaellae: Well, I certainly hope so, but if not, then I suppose I'll just aim to be a human in my next life. You can accomplish much more as one than a butterfly.

Ceamath: I hope you're an ugly one.

Adaellae: Love, I'll never be as ugly as you.

Ceamath: Derac couldn't love you if he had to do it in the light.

Adaellae: He doesn't even touch you.

Ceamath:

Adaellae: Not to mention, we've never made love. Ugly creatures should only procreate with each other.

Ceamath:

Arial: Not that I'm saying you're. You know. Ugly. But...........

Adaellae: We've done some business together, but the man is unbearable to be around, forget romance. Blegh. I've got a much better suitor to spend my nights with.

William: I thought

Arial: wat

Ceamath: I bet your suitor is as ugly as you are.

Adaellae: As ugly as J'kah is gorgeous.

William: You've sold me. I want to meet this person.

Adaellae: Please. Ceamath will throw a few coins your way so you tell her what my suitor looks like and where to find them. In a jealous rage, she'll murder my suitor. And what am I to do? Look on and do nothing? No, I'll be forced to murder Ceamath. Then I'll have to have Derac killed, or else he'll try to kill me. purses lips That's just a bit too much work for me.

Side note: J'kah is considered ugly.

Q: Have you/would you kill someone in vengeance/out of spite?

• @K-thor Interesting. And were they turned into Soul Vessels willingly?

Yes it is willingly, but they aren't told everything about the transformation because it isn't known! There are a lot of things that will come to their attention later on! haha! Some good, mostly bad!

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME WITH KITTENS!!!! O-O

I told my co-writer this wouldn't work forever. -.-

o_O He could've just made something for her? A card, or a cupcake, or something?

She said she wouldn't date him because his eyebrows were ugly. :|

And of course, she still wouldn't date him. lol

I don't believe you have, do tell :D

I could tell you what I remember now, but... There's still a post in our RP's forum from the day this actually happened. So I'm just going to link you to that. :P

The staff at my local hospital knew me as 'pigeon girl' for over two years after this. I thought I would never actually live it down. >.>

Jenna: (rolls eyes) Actually, that's a good question—if you were only able to play one for the rest of your life, electric or acoustic?
    Jake: :C NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T MAKE ME PICK!
    Jenna: Pick.
    Jake: ;-; But I love them both...
    Jenna: One.

That is extremely cruel. >.>

Also, yeeeeah, I'm with @typical_demigod, that kinda sounded like one of those ads encouraging people to kick the habit with nicotine patches and shit xD

I have literally never seen one of those, tbh.

Doodling on the ceiling sounds fun :D I'd probably just draw irises and silly little faces and flowers and kittens, and maybe bees, because why not?

Lena: "Dani drew... Well, let's just say it was a lot angrier and not at all appropriate."

Dani: "TWO DAYS."

Lena: snort "Not enough time to draw yourself hanging from a freaking noose."

Dani: "Okay, I was a lot more overdramatic when I was thirteen... It probably wouldn't happen now."

Gray: (looking up) Aliens?
    nods Aliens.
    Gray: Wait, I'm gonna be an alien?
    Actually, I was thinking of Satan.
    I don't actually know if I was joking.
    If it helps you could remain a wizard and there'd be no satanic aliens to worry about.
    Gray: That would be nice.

I'd stick with wizard. My Immortal ruined Satan. >.>

Alex: (swishes the fly swatter about) Seconded. Also, those fuckers give me blueprint headaches and now I know more about spiders than I ever wanted to, so yeah, fuck that shit.

Never sleep again.

Izzy... Reminds me of this deviant art buddy I have who's like thirteen or something... and the kid loves spiders and is always going on about how great and adorable they are. And now every time I kill one I always feel super guilty. But I literally cannot exist in a room where there's a spider. I don't care if they can or not hurt me. I'd just sit there in a bottomless pit of ever-escalating anxiety until I die. So I'd still rather kill them. Or scream for my brother. I can't handle jumping spiders by myself. >.>

@typical_demigod

Kyle, purposely messing something up while pretending he didn't know any better because there was no supervisor.

Kyle: "I would never do such a thing and I resent that implication."

Sebastian: "That's literally what you say every time we play Olith and I point out your cheating, so I'm going to assume that yes; that is exactly what you'd do."

Kyle: -.- "People of little faith."

Ceamath: What... what's your phobia?
    William: realizes his mistake None of your concern.
    Arial: As a guard, it's my duty to protect my citizens. To do that, I need to be able to-

lol, Arial, nice try.

William: No wonder you never smell well. You never go down to the river to wash your clothes.
    Arial: -.-

On my first novel (that I'm not working on anymore for a while), I had a character that had a trauma with water and she wouldn't go in rivers and the like and everyone was always joking that she didn't bathe. Which... She did. She wasn't stupid to think she might drown in a tub. :P

In her defense, if someone tries to drown you as a child and you can't... actually... die... That is pretty fucking traumatic. >.>

I was out of town the other weekend on a retreat in a cabin in the woods. (Beside the point, but there were humongous webs EVERYWHERE. With GIANT spiders. o.o)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Burn it. =.=

Ceamath: Oh, I forgot, you're not coming back as anything. You're getting a ticket, aren't you?

What do you mean a ticket? ^.-

Adaellae: Please. Ceamath will throw a few coins your way so you tell her what my suitor looks like and where to find them. In a jealous rage, she'll murder my suitor. And what am I to do? Look on and do nothing? No, I'll be forced to murder Ceamath. Then I'll have to have Derac killed, or else he'll try to kill me. purses lips That's just a bit too much work for me.

That's oddly specific. lol

Gabrielle: "I don't know... What hunts wolves in the wild?"

Gerald: chuckle "Nothing, Porter. At least not in Valcrest"

Gabrielle: "Ugh... Those arrogant little shits."

Gerald: "Have you ever even seen a real wolf; as in, the actual animal?"

Gabrielle: "No. Not really. You can definitely hear them, though. Ugh, when the moon is full... It's disturbing."

Kyle: "Porter's spirit animal should be a bear. Like... a big grumpy fluffy bear." :P

Gabrielle: "..."

Gerald: "I support this decision."

Johanna: "Gabe isn't grumpy." pause "But yes. Big fluffy bear." thumbs up

Gabrielle: "You know what? Sure. Why the heck not." -.-

Sebastian: "I feel Tucker should be a badger. Badgers are the nature's assholes."

Gerald: "...Figuratively speaking? Because if not, I am very offended right now."

Sebastian: "Yes, figuratively speaking."

Gerald: "Then I'm okay with that." shrugs

Johanna: "Not a cat." -.-

Gerald: "A fox, I think."

Johanna: ^.^

Kyle: "Why a fox?"

Gerald: "Because foxes are small and adorable and while you're looking at them and going 'aaaw, how cute!', they already raided your chicken coop and murdered everything inside."

Gabrielle: "That's... Disturbingly accurate."

Johanna: :)

Sebastian: "I want to be a tiger!"

Kyle: "You're more like an hyperactive chipmunk with delusions of grandeur." snicker

Sebastian: "Whatever. We'll see who laughs when I take over the world with my chipmunk army." >.>

Kyle: "I think I'm a rabbit. I think... I'm pretty harmless. Unless you corner me. Then I'll mess you up."

Sebastian: "Rabbit, really?"

Kyle: "Have you ever seen an angry rabbit? It's scary."

Sebastian: "Maybe. But I don't think they can set things on fire."

Kyle: "They would if they could." shrug

Dani: "This is kind of a boring question. We call ourselves 'the Wolfpack', what do you expect us to say?"

Lena: "Fair point."

Sarah: "I think you should be an owl. Because you're super smart."

Lena: "Owls are only geniuses in children's tales, Sarah. But I'd accept being a raven. Ravens are... Terrifyingly smart. They can recognize faces and voices. The creepy bastards."

Eldric: "Flocks of ravens are actually known for accompanying wolf packs and leading wolves to prey."

Lena: "How do you know that?"

Eldric: "I don't cling to a book every waking hour like some people, but I actually listen when others speak." shrug

Lena: "You don't have to act butthurt about it, El, was just a question." rolls eyes

Q: Have you/would you kill someone in vengeance/out of spite?

Gabrielle: "Seriously?" raises eyebrow

Gerald: chuckle "I think that, except for the kids, we all would and we all have."

Sebastian: "I wouldn't bother being here if I wouldn't."

Gabrielle: "Doesn't mean that you can. Or Should, for that matter."

Kyle: "Hm."

Sebastian: "I think... Time will tell, no?"

Gabrielle: "Suppose it will."

Dani: "I can't say that I wouldn't. Ideally, I wouldn't, but... I don't know that. If someone I care about gets hurt or... Killed... I can't say I wouldn't want a piece of the ones responsible."

Lena: sigh "I think revenge is a slippery slope."

Dani: "If someone hurt Sarah, or me, you'd be okay letting them get away with that?"

Lena: "I've killed a lot of people, Daniela. They had families too. Some of them were innocent. What right would I have to decide that my pain is more valid than someone else's? Not to mention it wouldn't fix anything. And it definitely wouldn't make me feel any better. So no... I wouldn't be okay. I just think that me not being okay isn't enough reason to act irrational and possibly make things worse."

Dani: "Like I said, ideally." sigh "This is why I say you'd make a better Alpha than me."

Lena: "I'm just older than you. You haven't even fulfilled a contract yet. Your perspective will change."

Sarah: "Can we... talk about something else?"

Dani: "Yes. Yes, we can."

Q: Have you ever done or experienced something that changed your moral compass forever?

• @Blackbird I think possibly the most amusing part of the pigeon story is the response right below it:

That is probably the funniest thing and I can't believe I missed it! I hadn't installed the hidden camera on the outside of your building yet, just the inside so lucky for you, you wont be seeing this up on youtube. One of these days Blackbird... one of these days!

To be fair, though, I think you started the war when you slapped that pigeon how many years ago. It was a long time coming, but you should've expected retaliation from the pigeons at some point.

I have literally never seen one of those, tbh.

They must not have them in Brazil :P Tbh, I haven't seen one in ages; these days you get ads about how, say, smoking will influence you in the future (the one I remember most clearly is when they're handing over an old person who used to smoke & has a bunch of health issues because of it to a young person buying a pack of cigarettes, but there's also ones like where ex-smokers or people seriously affected by second-hand smoke talk about how smoking changed their life for the worse :P)

On my first novel (that I'm not working on anymore for a while), I had a character that had a trauma with water and she wouldn't go in rivers and the like and everyone was always joking that she didn't bathe. Which... She did. She wasn't stupid to think she might drown in a tub. :P
    In her defense, if someone tries to drown you as a child and you can't... actually... die... That is pretty fucking traumatic. >.>

I'm pretty sure Arial's story is similar (minus that she can die). Not sure if they necessarily tried to drown her, or if they drowned someone she was close to, or if they were just torturing her or something by the river, but...... it wouldn't have been any good.

That was literally my mom's response. And this is zoomed in a decent way, but a spider should NOT be so giant that I can see it from the ground and get a picture of it from the ground :|

0_1507117547419_0b0c5be1-19a4-4c69-b752-6f6cd42ec0cb-image.png

What do you mean a ticket? ^.-

Arial: How you go straight to the afterlife.

Ceamath: If you don't get one, you get to come back as a different creature. Hence our conversation.

Adaellae: It's difficult to receive one; you must be given it by a god themself.

Jo <3

Birds in general are.... scary. Any interaction with a bird I've ever had has ended poorly :| (Not kamikaze pigeon poorly, but poorly.)

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Just realized it, but that comment about the spiders means that Alex has the blueprint to pretty much every bug known to man.

Q: Have you ever done or experienced something that changed your moral compass forever?

William: When I was 17 or 18... on my trip to the city, that is... I don't want to talk about it, but there was something that happened and it pushed me in a moral direction I may not have gone in otherwise.

Arial: What direction is that?

William: Heh.

Arial: When my family... died... it was then that I realized that some people don't deserve to exist. I joined the army because of that and some of the people there changed my moral compass, but it started then.

Ceamath: I got married. It's no secret I don't like my husband. I wanted to spite him... it got a little out of hand eventually, so that I'm in the business I am now.

William: Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if your marriage is the reason you became a serial killer, I think your moral compass was always a bit broken.

Ceamath: If you refuse to confess your story, you don't get to critique mine.

Adaellae: No.

Id'en: I'd like to say that my moral compass has always been steady and strong. If it isn't... then I don't know if I can point to the exact experience that shift it.

Q: Have you ever looked up to a fictional character?

• I think this is now my 200th post on the forums, so if I'm right...Happy 200th Post to me!
    @typical_demigod

They don't have anything else? Especially in areas where something electronic might be plugged in to be used outside?

Probably, but it's not like I've ever thought about outdoor plugs before shrugs

I mean, hey, Satan's always an option. Though, you could always go more of a Hades route with him?

I could, definitely. I mean, I'd have to finish up with the current project before going onto the wizards, but hey, that means I've got plenty of time to think about it ^-^

sighs This is why I fail at math ya'll.

Lol, it's good. I think all of us can agree that maths sucks.

Sounds pretty interesting :D I'd like to know more, but I don't want to make you write an essay in your next response xD

Ceamath: Mine's a butterfly. They're pretty, and they don't care what society requires of them. They just live their own life.
    Adaellae: smug They also don't live very long.
    Adaellae: Well, I certainly hope so, but if not, then I suppose I'll just aim to be a human in my next life. You can accomplish much more as one than a butterfly.
    Ceamath: I hope you're an ugly one.
    Adaellae: Love, I'll never be as ugly as you.
    Ceamath: Derac couldn't love you if he had to do it in the light.
    Adaellae: He doesn't even touch you.
    Ceamath:
    Adaellae: Not to mention, we've never made love. Ugly creatures should only procreate with each other.
    Ceamath:

gestures These two. I like these two as well.

@Blackbird You were correct. cuddles the kittens

Wow, that seems a bit shallow of her to say, although I will give him an A for effort and persistence? xD

I could tell you what I remember now, but... There's still a post in our RP's forum from the day this actually happened. So I'm just going to link you to that. :P
    The staff at my local hospital knew me as 'pigeon girl' for over two years after this. I thought I would never actually live it down. >.>

Christ on a bike, the pigeon clearly had it in for you.
    sees the response to that post O_o I now feel a sudden urge to start searching the living room for cameras.

That is extremely cruel. >.>

Jenna: Thank you?
    Jake: And she says she's not a sociopath...
    Jenna: Psychopath. And I don't fit the criteria for a sociopath, either.
    Jake: Then why the hell are you so mean?
    Jenna: ...
    Jake: >:3

Lena: "Dani drew... Well, let's just say it was a lot angrier and not at all appropriate."
    Dani: "TWO DAYS."
    Lena: snort "Not enough time to draw yourself hanging from a freaking noose."
    Dani: "Okay, I was a lot more overdramatic when I was thirteen... It probably wouldn't happen now."

O_O

I'd stick with wizard. My Immortal ruined Satan. >.>

Lol, yes, it did. Arguably, Lucifer (the TV show) redeemed Satan, but yeah, wizard is probably for the best.
    Gray: Thank you.

Izzy... Reminds me of this deviant art buddy I have who's like thirteen or something... and the kid loves spiders and is always going on about how great and adorable they are. And now every time I kill one I always feel super guilty. But I literally cannot exist in a room where there's a spider. I don't care if they can or not hurt me. I'd just sit there in a bottomless pit of ever-escalating anxiety until I die. So I'd still rather kill them. Or scream for my brother. I can't handle jumping spiders by myself. >.>

Awwww.
    Wait...jumping spiders?
    runs the fuck away

Jake: (hands on fire) You called? :P

Sebastian: "I feel Tucker should be a badger. Badgers are the nature's assholes."

Alex: Is this badger, by chance...a honey badger?
    Shaan: (tiny wry smile) Nature's most savage motherfucker?
    Fallon: Hail!
    (Sidenote: I swear to god, if the savage motherfucking honey badger ends up in my story...that magical turkey better watch the fuck out.)

Johanna: "Not a cat." -.-
    Gerald: "A fox, I think."
    Johanna: ^.^
    Kyle: "Why a fox?"
    Gerald: "Because foxes are small and adorable and while you're looking at them and going 'aaaw, how cute!', they already raided your chicken coop and murdered everything inside."
    Gabrielle: "That's... Disturbingly accurate."
    Johanna: :)

The Twins: (share a shit-eating grin)
    Izzy: (leans over to Alex and whispers) Are they doing that thing?
    Alex: (whispers back) The thing where they say or do something together and it's a little bit creepy because you're not entirely sure whether they're being smug shits or scary shits? Yeah, they are.
    Izzy: Okay, I thought it was just me.
    Fallon: You're not kidding.
    Shaan: Should we tell them to stop?
    Jake: (joining them) We stopped five seconds ago.
    Fallon: (jumps a little) Jesus!
    Jake: Nope, just us.
    Jenna: But thanks for giving me an idea for Halloween, if we can get our hands on the costumes and we don't get arrested :)
    Fallon: You're gonnae dress up as Jesus?
    Jenna: No.
    Jake: Are we gonna do the creepy twin act again? :P
    Jenna: Would you be up for that?
    Jake: Fuck yeah, I would! :D
    Jenna: Then it's settled ^_^
    Alex: Dear god, help us.

Sebastian: "I want to be a tiger!"

Alex: I approve this choice (thumbs up)

And I'm with Lena, ravens are crazy smart bastards.

@typical_demigod BURN THE JUMPING SPIDERS! O-O

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Just realized it, but that comment about the spiders means that Alex has the blueprint to pretty much every bug known to man.

Alex: O_O Fuck me.
    Fallon: No thanks, pal.
    Alex: I mean, it can't be all bugs, right? I suppress blueprints I don't need anyway, so I probably don't remember all of the bugs that...
    Fallon: You're the one who complained about the blueprinting shite, you tell me.
    Alex: ...I hate it when things make sense :/ Well, at the very least, it's only 'most bugs native to England'. (looks like he just sucked on a lemon)
    Shaan: I hate to make things worse, but there's a whole world outside of England with bugs.
    Alex: ...

Adaellae: No.

For some reason this made me think of Cinema Sins, where one of the running gags is whenever someone in-movie dramatically shouts "NOOOOOOO!!!", the voice-over will simply respond, "No."

Q: Have you ever looked up to a fictional character?
    Alex: (starts writing a list)
    Jake: (peers over) You writing an essay?
    Alex: Well, I have a whole list of characters I've taken inspiration from, so I'm writing them all down and seeing which ones inspired me the most.
    Jake: Oh, okay. I think most of the people I've looked up to have been real, but I don't remember any fictional ones right now. Probably.
    Jenna: In some ways, I did—still do, I think—look up to Hermione Granger.
    Izzy: Who doesn't? She's smart ^-^
    Fallon: Yeah, but Ginny's a badass too! Bitch bat-bogey hexes like nobody's business.
    Izzy: Oooh, what about McGonagall? She's the best! Like the cool old lady everyone kind of adopts as their grandma :D
    Shaan: I haven't read that much Harry Potter out of school—
    Fallon: You want tae read it?
    Shaan: Sure?
    Fallon: (runs out)
    Izzy: I guess she's gone to find them. (looks at Shaan) Does the fact that there's magic not bother you?
    Shaan: Because it's un-islamic? I could ask the same about you.
    Izzy: Yeah, that's true. (bites lip) Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.
    Shaan: No, it's not a problem. My parents and siblings and I know there's a difference between reading about magic and actually wanting to do it. And I don't find doing that stuff appealing anyway, soo... (shrugs) Others will disagree, but that's my opinion.
    Alex: (clicking the pen) Okay, so, I'm thinking...Captain America.
    Jenna: Why him?
    Alex: Well, he sticks by his values, helps people, and he used to be an underdog. That's something I can look up to.
    Jake: Wasn't he a Nazi at some point?
    Alex: ...The writers bastardised his character >:/
    Jake: Ooookayyyy, then.

Q: What values do you appreciate seeing in others the most?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 Happy 200th post!

If you have a particular question and you're worried about clogging the thread, feel free to PM me :)

gestures These two. I like these two as well.

Adaellae is one of my favorite people from this story.

Alex: Is this badger, by chance...a honey badger?
    Shaan: (tiny wry smile) Nature's most savage motherfucker?
    Fallon: Hail!

honestly somehow didn't realize there are more types of badger than the honey badger

For some reason this made me think of Cinema Sins, where one of the running gags is whenever someone in-movie dramatically shouts "NOOOOOOO!!!", the voice-over will simply respond, "No."

ding

Jake: Wasn't he a Nazi at some point?
    Alex: ...The writers bastardised his character >:/
    Jake: Ooookayyyy, then.

Didn't they finally cancel that series...?

Adaellae: Honesty.

Id'en: Dedication. Loyalty. Responsibility for one's mistakes.

William: Kindness. If you can't be kind, I can't waste my time on you.

Arial: Compromise and honesty.

Ceamath: Humor.

Q: What traits in a person make you dislike them?

• I had a rough day. I'm tired. So easy for my sister to sign her kids up for a crapload of activities when I'm the one taking them everywhere. -.-

[/endexhaustedwhine]

@typical_demigod

To be fair, though, I think you started the war when you slapped that pigeon how many years ago. It was a long time coming, but you should've expected retaliation from the pigeons at some point.

I was just gesticulating. These fucking things get out of the way of oncoming traffic. I don't buy the notion that they can't avoid me.

That entire OOC thread is probably as much of an entertaining read as the RP itself, tbh. It had some ridiculous stuff in there. :P

That was literally my mom's response. And this is zoomed in a decent way, but a spider should NOT be so giant that I can see it from the ground and get a picture of it from the ground :|

We spent Christmas on a friends country house one year and... I was a child at the time, but we found a tarantula in the yeard and, no joke, the thing was the size of my goddamn face. My grandpa stoned it to death. >.>

Arial: How you go straight to the afterlife.
    Ceamath: If you don't get one, you get to come back as a different creature. Hence our conversation.
    Adaellae: It's difficult to receive one; you must be given it by a god themself.

And I thought the Twins were assholes. At least you don't need a personal invitation to the afterlife. lol

Arial: When my family... died... it was then that I realized that some people don't deserve to exist. I joined the army because of that and some of the people there changed my moral compass, but it started then.

Gabrielle: "I find interesting that the realization some people don't deserve to exist would lead someone to the army."

Gerald: "What do you mean?"

Gabrielle: "I obviously don't know how the military works for them, but over here joining the army doesn't allow you to make such judgments. Your moral compass is that of your superiors."

Gerald: "You make it sound like a cult." -.-

Gabrielle: "You're saying it, not me." shrug

Ceamath: I got married. It's no secret I don't like my husband. I wanted to spite him... it got a little out of hand eventually, so that I'm in the business I am now.
    William: Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if your marriage is the reason you became a serial killer, I think your moral compass was always a bit broken.

First of all... William makes a good point. o.O

Second, what is the deal with Ceamath's marriage? Like, why did she even get married to this dude she dislikes to the point serial killing?

William: Kindness. If you can't be kind, I can't waste my time on you.

Johanna: "That's not very kind of you."

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Jenna: Thank you?
    Jake: And she says she's not a sociopath...
    Jenna: Psychopath. And I don't fit the criteria for a sociopath, either.
    Jake: Then why the hell are you so mean?
    Jenna: ...
    Jake: >:3

Why should only psychopaths have fun, Jake? :P

Jake: Are we gonna do the creepy twin act again? :P
    Jenna: Would you be up for that?
    Jake: Fuck yeah, I would! :D
    Jenna: Then it's settled ^_^

Kyle and Sebastian: "Laaame."

Gerald: "Huh. That is a bit unsettling."

Jenna: In some ways, I did—still do, I think—look up to Hermione Granger.
    Izzy: Who doesn't? She's smart ^-^
    Fallon: Yeah, but Ginny's a badass too! Bitch bat-bogey hexes like nobody's business.
    Izzy: Oooh, what about McGonagall? She's the best! Like the cool old lady everyone kind of adopts as their grandma :D

I'm the youngest of five children. And I think for that reason I related to Ron more than anyone in the Harry Potter Universe. I mean, yeah, Ginny is younger than him, but she doesn't seem to get the worst of if like Ron does. With the hand-me-downs and all the stupid expectations to live up to... I mean seriously... Ron deserves a lot more credit and for fucks sake just let him get the girl in peace! He earned it, okay? -.-

...What were we talking about again? >.>

I don't like Captain America. There's something about a superhero being a poster boy for a specific country that just... Irks me. :/

At least Superman tried to be subtle about it. -.-

Gabrielle: Conviction. I think it's important that you stand by whatever your values are. Most importantly that you act according to what you believe is right"

Gerald: "Honesty. Not just in telling the truth, but in following through with the things you say, acting according to what you claim to believe. There's nothing worse than a person who talks out of their ass and never actually practices what they preach."

Johanna: "Honesty, yes. Trust." >.>

Kyle: "Loyalty."

Sebastian: "Loyalty is a big one. Yeah."

Dani: "Generosity. Humility. Not demanding things from people that you're not willing to give yourself."

Lena: "That's very eloquent of you, kid."

Dani: "I know you're not being sarcastic, but it still sounds like you are."

Lena: "That sound you're hearing is the sound of paranoia." pats head

Dani: "Hmph." -.-

Lena: "I value honesty, a lot. Respect. And overall intelligence. Not in a 'I know a lot of stuff' kind of way, but in a more practical sense. Like being smart enough to admit mistakes and strive to constantly better yourself. A lot of people lack in that department around here. It's like an epidemic." -.-

Sarah: giggle "Wow, you really do think you're surrounded by idiots, huh?"

Lena: "Because I am."

Sarah: "Silly." chuckle "Uhm, I like it when people know how to laugh at themselves and aren't too proud to be openly happy. I don't know why people think they need to act angry to be respected."

Eldric: sigh "Smart kid."

Sarah: "I don't need your approval. Thank you."

Eldric: "..."

Emmett: whispers "Did you kick her puppy or something?"

Eldric: "Lena thinks it's a jealousy thing and it'll go away eventually." shrug

Emmett: "Oh."

(Eldric should be careful. My niece punched one of my guy friends in the nuts when she was four... Because 'jealousy thing')

Q: What traits in a person make you dislike them?

Gabrielle: "I don't like cowards." pause "No, actually, let me rephrase that; I hate cowards. I especially hate people who start things, then realize they're in over their heads and try to weasel out of it."

Gerald: "I don't like arrogant people, loudmouths, show-offs... I don't give a shit for what someone has to say if I know they're not willing to follow through with it. Only idiots waste their time making threats."

Johanna: "Manipulative people."

Kyle: "Porter has a point. People like that shouldn't be able to survive in a place like Valcrest, but they do because they either manipulate people or pay them off..."

Sebastian: "Someone's being awfully specific."

Kyle: "What makes you say that?" >.>

Dani: "I don't like pettiness in people. I can understand doing something out of spite, but there's a line. When you start putting your little grievances before other people's well-being, or your own, I lose respect for you."

Sarah: "I don't like it when people talk down to me because of my age." -.-

Eldric: "I don't like people who continuously blame others for their own problems."

Q: Have you ever been in denial about another person's flaws?

• @typical_demigod Thank you to both of those things ^-^

honestly somehow didn't realize there are more types of badger than the honey badger

I wonder how many other badgers there actually are?
    one google later
    0_1507211971811_b3e63a10-b44c-430a-866a-8f8b218c76e2-image.png
    Apparently quite a few o-o

ding

I see what you did there...

Didn't they finally cancel that series...?

Alex: And thank god they did! Capwolf was a better fucking idea than that shitshow of a series!
    Fallon: Lex?
    Alex: (about to launch into a rant) Hm?
    Fallon: If you need tae calm down, there's some comics in the next room.
    Alex: (launches towards the door)

@Blackbird

I had a rough day. I'm tired. So easy for my sister to sign her kids up for a crapload of activities when I'm the one taking them everywhere. -.-
    [/endexhaustedwhine]

Damn, sounds like you deserve a break offers cookies and a blanket

We spent Christmas on a friends country house one year and... I was a child at the time, but we found a tarantula in the yeard and, no joke, the thing was the size of my goddamn face. My grandpa stoned it to death. >.>

O_O
    runs

Why should only psychopaths have fun, Jake? :P

Jake: (grins) Good point. (to Fallon) Hey, didn't you say I could have some beer if we went to Scotland?
    Fallon: Aye, I did.
    Jake: Portal, take us to Glasgow!
    Jenna: (as the portal realigns) Fallon, I don't think that's such a wise—
    Jake: Shush, Jen, I'm having a beer whether you like it or not.
    Fallon: Some of a beer.
    Jake: Yeah, that.
    Jenna: But as your eld—
    Jake: By five minutes.
    Jenna: —This is incredibly irresponsible.
    Fallon: (hands Jake the bottle) Here you go.
    Jenna: (attempts to snatch the bottle)
    Jake: (flips it and keeps it suspended with hydrokinesis) Cheers, Fal.
    Jenna: (to Fallon) Why?
    Fallon: 'Cause you need tae lighten the fuck up and let your brother have fun >:P
    Jake: (lifting the bottle) Yeah, Jen, lighten the fuck up. (takes a swig, and chokes) Fucking hell!
    Fallon: (snorts) Bairn.

Kyle and Sebastian: "Laaame."
    Gerald: "Huh. That is a bit unsettling."

Jake and Jenna: (grin) See?
    Shaan: They didn't even look at each other.
    Jenna: It probably has a creepier effect if you're identical...
    Jake: ...but eh, it's good enough.
    Alex: Both of you stop, please. Turn off your...(waves hands) twin...thing.
    Jake and Jenna: No.
    Jake: We're perfecting this act, dammit!
    Jenna: So we're going to milk it for what it's worth.
    Izzy: Please?
    Jake and Jenna: (glance at each other) Okay.
    Fallon: (facepalms)

I'm the youngest of five children. And I think for that reason I related to Ron more than anyone in the Harry Potter Universe. I mean, yeah, Ginny is younger than him, but she doesn't seem to get the worst of if like Ron does. With the hand-me-downs and all the stupid expectations to live up to... I mean seriously... Ron deserves a lot more credit and for fucks sake just let him get the girl in peace! He earned it, okay? -.-

waves a Ron x Hermione banner vigorously

I don't like Captain America. There's something about a superhero being a poster boy for a specific country that just... Irks me. :/

Alex: (shrugs) I'll give you that, the poster boy thing is a little bit weird. I mean, I might be British, but I don't want to don a union jack suit and call myself Captain Britain.
    Fallon: Or me dressing in St. Andrew's Cross, grabbing a traffic cone and becoming Lady Scotland. Does sound like fun, though :P
    Izzy: A traffic cone?
    Fallon: (shows her a picture of the statue of the Duke of Wellington in Glasgow)
    Izzy: Ahhhhhhh.

Sarah: "Silly." chuckle "Uhm, I like it when people know how to laugh at themselves and aren't too proud to be openly happy. I don't know why people think they need to act angry to be respected."
    Eldric: sigh "Smart kid."
    Sarah: "I don't need your approval. Thank you."
    Eldric: "..."

nods This has just cemented my belief that I shall go completely apeshit if you kill Sarah off horribly.

Q: Have you ever been in denial about another person's flaws?
    Jenna: Pfft, I've never been in denial about Jake's flaws.
    Jake: Hey, the question didn't say anyone specific! It could be literally anyone.
    Fallon: Mhm. There's this boy that I thought was just misunderstood and everyone was telling me tae stay away from. I ignored them. Five months later, we were talking about shite and people we didnae like, and then he mentions that he has this one bitch's nudes. (curls lip) He even...showed me one.
    Shaan: Did he...?
    Fallon: I smashed his phone. Told him that if he ever put them up online I was walking straight tae the polis and I'd get him lifted. Then the fucking twally says he's gonnae blackmail me, just as his ma gets within earshot. (shakes head) I didnae like the bitch he got the nudes off, but like fuck I was gonnae let him do that.
    Jake: (as he's mentally noting down 'twally' for future usage) What did his ma—mum do?
    Fallon: Marched him down tae the station. Oh, you should've seen how fucking livid she was. "Didnae raise my boy tae be a sleekit fucking bawbag!"
    Jenna: Sleekit bawbag?
    Fallon: More or less a sneaky cunt. Then she started rattling off other words I didnae think could be insults before. Like words for the shite that sticks to matted fur and tails.
    Shaan: I can't understand why someone would want to do that. Posting nudes online.
    Izzy: Very bad people.
    Fallon: Aye. Tae be fair, I've never understood why people send nudes anyway.
    Jake: Peer pressure, probably. If not, I've got no fucking clue.
    Izzy: I used to think quite a few people were great until I could read their thoughts :/ It's nothing as major as...nudes, but it's changed the way I see their actions and the way they talk to people.
    Alex: I've never had that problem. People have been assholes first, friends second. (looks at Izzy) Mostly.
    (Apologies again for a kinda short-ish response—still feeling kinda crap)

Q: What would you do if you came face to face with a sabre-tooth cat (and we'll assume for the sake of this question that it isn't an extinct creature stuffed and mounted in a museum somewhere)?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.