NANOWRIMO

• Anyone here doing Nano this year? I told myself I wasn't. Repeated that for the past 9 months. And now that it's getting close, I know I won't be able to stop myself.

• @toasha I tried last year. Didn't go very well. So probably not.

I might try to do something like writing every day or a certain number of words a day in November, but I'll probably not officially do it. :/

• @toasha Yes, I am ^-^ Specifically the Young Writers' Program, because I'm still young enough to take part in that and I'm trying to work myself up to 50,000 words (and also to finally lay down something solid and consistent instead of half-baked ideas, but shhhh! xD)

• I have to wait and see what my schedule looks like. I want to partake, simply because I've done it every year for like 5 years or something, but I also have a lot going on this semester and I might not have time D:

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Do you use the YWP site actively? I never used the beta site, but I'm curious what others think of it?

• @typical_demigod To tell the truth, I haven't been on there since last December, but it's alright xD They changed the layout sometime last year, so I had to get my bearings somewhat with the forums and such, but otherwise I don't have many complaints.
    I might log back in tonight and see if anything else has changed, though, if I get the time before bed ^-^

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

I am hoping to participate this year. :D Any of who do participate let us know. We have ideas and plans to help support all the NaNoWriMo participants this year. And if you're not participating, it's all gravy! We have ideas and plans to help those not involved as well! I have secrets.

But yeah this year I am so going to jump in again. I have no idea with what. Though I've had an awesome dream a few weeks ago I may build out. My goal is to use October to plan, and then November to go crazy. My hope is that I have time! :O

• @josey Same here with the planning in October. I want to get a very basic outline for my story so I can finish it properly and finally move onto another project next year xD Usually, thanks to my half-plot, full-pants tendencies, I peter out partway and spend the rest of it writing AUs, hypothetical scenarios in-story that will probably never happen, and have my characters snark at trollfic on the internet. Much productivity here.

Oh well, at least it helps me develop more of an idea of my characters, so there's that ^-^

• @josey Well mark me as a YES. Just can't help myself.

@toasha Isn't that just the way? :D

• Unleash the Beast originated as last year's nanowrimo for me, and I'm glad to see it'll be published before the next one comes around (mostly due to @Josey being amazing). I won't be doing it again this year because I really need to knuckle down and get Dark Prophecy finished (currently in editing). And I might-should put some words down for another couple projects I have simmering.

Good luck to all those venturing into it, though! Hopefully inspiration will strike you sufficiently hard that you all reach your daily/weekly word counts.

• I'm undecided. I really want to because I do NaNo every year and it's definitely my most productive writing time. On the other hand, I'm busy with edits on last year's novel and I'm not sure I want to set it aside and jump into something new just yet. I think I'm going to see how October goes and end up deciding last minute.

@kteelee The editing process can take up almost as much time as the writing process can! :D I totally empathise! Which ever you do, let us know! :D As I said we have some ideas to help everyone, regardless of what they are using NaNo month for! Also.. does this mean you're getting close to publishing? :D

• @josey No kidding! My experience so far has been that editing takes a lot longer, actually. My first draft took a month and a half, but the second draft took almost nine months! Not really close to publishing - there's going to be at least one more draft, and then I'll see where things stand. :)

@kteelee Phew! That makes me think of of the insanity for editing etc that @occi and I are doing for his books. Craazy.

Congrats on this next draft though!! :D Progress is a good thing. Maybe NaNo this year could be used as a sort of editor checklist of dewm. Hmm... ideas.. I have them!

• @Josey the insanity will resume shortly, but the perspective has changed a bit since last I fished around inside the guts of Dark Prophecy. Maybe I'm too relaxed about the whole process, maybe my quality will suffer, but I don't plan on cutting any corners, just being more focused about what matters and shed the faulty mental set of expectations I was working with before. It doesn't need to be perfect, it needs to be right. That can mean different things to different people, most important people are myself and those closest to me. Anyone else liking the work is on them, not that I'm going to try to make it unapproachable or unrefined.

• I'm getting so excited!

I'm starting to get silly nervous. I have an idea, I have a concept, but I have been unable to get it fully fleshed out and that's one of the challenges I presented to myself this month. Eeep! The stress is on! (totally excited too!)

• @josey I've been going strong. This Nano is supposed to be finishing my current book and start Book 2 of the series right away. At the rate I've been cranking out words, I'll be done much earlier and start fresh with Book 2. YAY

@toasha That is wicked! And totally awesome, and other words that are still in my mind cause I haven't burned out from NaNo just yet. ;)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.