Sorry I've been dead to the world, but. . .

• . . . Unleash the Beast, the first book of my Coalition of Strangers series is on schedule to be published by the end of this month. I've been doing rather a lot getting RL to conform to my will, which turns out to be harder than forcing my characters to jump through hoops. My book cover is finalized, but there are still a few things I have to get sorted before I can begin the hard work of marketing. Not sure exactly how I'll balance being social and being hard at work doing this marketing gig while also writing the next 7 books I have on my agenda, but here's to me trying to make my dream into reality.

I hope you've all been doing well in my prolonged absence and that your projects are moving along swimmingly :)

• That's amazing! ^_^ Congratulations on being able to make this happen!

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Fantastic! Congratulations! I'm curious, what's the elevator pitch of the story/setting/world?

• Congrats, @Occi! That's fantastic news ^-^

• Awsome @Occi. Been looking forward to this book for a while now :D

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

I'm dancing. Really excited! We may have to wait till he has more time to respond to our comments, but I am incredibly excited!

• Thanks all ^.^

@simon if I was slick, I'd drop my voice into the main protagonist's range and go with the hook he rambled out of my brain one day when trying to figure out the 'about the book' was going about as well as you'd expect a marketing venture to go to a crazy man who listens to the voices in his head.

Why should you take me back to your place? Hell if I know. We could have some fun, but I don’t really do pick-up lines. Let’s skip my life story for now, I wouldn’t want to give you nightmares. Plus, most people I know would try to twist understanding into barbed wire, then string me up and make me dance in their sick fantasies. Fuck that, am-I-right?

My name is Ozymandias, though I prefer answering to pretty much anything else. In my experience, life enjoys kicking most of us around, especially when we’re down. I’ve developed a pretty thick skin as an alumni of the school of hard knocks. That said, my day-to-day in Vegas has taken quite a turn: assassination attempts, arson, destruction of property, seduction of various flavors, trouble at work, and the list goes on. My world is pretty strange, what with magic, psionics, and shapeshifters doing what they do. I’ve never been innocent or mundane, but I’m just starting to let my freak flex. What could possibly go wrong?

Probability dictates I wouldn't be able to recall that if put on the spot and would end up geeking out about my IP the 13 Realms of Eternity and this series within it, but hopefully I'd manage to cover the core points of the story. Modern urban fantasy/supernatural with action, adventure, romance, comedy, and some horror (of a fashion) tossed into the life of a strange individual who'd rather pass as normal, but circumstances coax him into embracing that which sets him apart. Plenty of vulgarity, violence, and sex, but done with purpose.

I'm bad at elevator pitch >.> But I appreciate the question and the practice ^.~

@occi That's awesome! I'm having a very vivid image of some seen-it-all badass from another realm, who's about to embark on an interesting journey. I like it 8-)

• 0_1505947148002_UnleashTheBeast-StevenBentsen-resized.jpg

For those interested in the cover art. @simon hopefully the figure on the front strikes you as said badass :)

@occi Spot on haha!

• Damn, this looks and sounds amazing! Any idea if it's available in the UK?

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

@shy_not_fly17 I know for a fact that it will be. And as I am in the UK, and I will be the first purchase it :D

• @josey Sweet! I'll keep an eye out for it!

@Occi Congratulations on your book release!

From our conversation last time and what I'm hearing from Josey, it sounds like a really amazing universe and I cannot wait to read the first story set in it.

And your elevator pitch gets me even more excited!

• Many thanks for the interest and kind words. We're still hard at work getting the last few things hammered out, but I'm excited to get Unleash the Beast into all of your hands ^.^

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.