Another feature suggestion

• Hi,

I don't know how this is called in English - I know it as "Figurenkonstellation" (German noun, might be translated as "character constellation").

Figurenkonstellation

I am using Plotist to prepare adventures for Pen & Paper RPGs, which I usually design as "sandbox". By that I mean that there isn't a destined path for the players to follow so that they can freely chose what they wan't to do. This usually requires a decent amount of NPCs which makes it easy to lose the overview. These kind of diagrams helped me quite a bit and I would love to see them (or something similar) in Plotist :)

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

That is super interesting! I think this might be something that could be very well integrated in a general "relationship" system. What do the different styles of arrows mean in your diagram? Do they indicate the relationship's type?

• It's not my diagram - just an example from Wikipedia so I am not sure how they used them.

Usually I find colors most important e.g. red arrows for conflict or green ones for friendship. Especially for the ellipses: here again red for opponents, green for friends, gray for neutral, blue for players. Other things I use: Size of the ellipse for importance. Dotted lines for loose connections, big ones for important connections. Arrows only in one direction means one-sided relationship.

@theflamer I've been thinking a bit about this lately. I'm not exactly sure about it, but I'm imagining diagrams like these that are auto-generated. So say you define a relationship between two characters "Bob" and "Alice". Something like

Bob <- sibling -> Alice

Or

Bob "brother of" Alice
    Alice "sister of" Bob

Or in the case of a classic love triangle you'd define

Bob "loves" Alice
    Rob "loves" Alice
    Alice "loves" Bob
    Alice "loves" Rob

And you'd get a diagram showing the triangle. All of these definitions would be defined in each elements details, so no drawing interface or anything (unless you want to).

I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on something like that :)

• @simon Oooh, I like the sound of that! Especially if you could define a relationship between two characters as, for instance, Character A liking Character B, but B being repulsed by A. thumbs up :D

• @simon I need this in my life.

Especially since I've been fighting with my family tree builder over the fact one of my characters has one set of biological parents, one set of adoptive parents and later on a stepfather. All of these parents just don't compute with the program It keeps being all "too many parents!" on me. :P

• @simon That sounds amazing.

@shy_not_fly17 Yes exactly! That would then result in ab

@Blackbird Right, I can imagine an actual family tree builder would be quite rigid. Someone might have a world where it takes three to make a child :P

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.