Links to tips, tricks, and other good stuff

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

If you find a link that could be an excellent resource for writers, go ahead and reply to this post! Thanks to @Shy_Not_Fly17 for the suggestion!

• Thank you once again, @Josey! :)
    Just so it's all in one place, I'll repost the conlang generator link here, and also add the other handy little link I mentioned in the other post:

• Zompist Language Construction Kit by Mark Rosenfelder (comes in three parts). The site in general's pretty useful for conlanging stuff, but those three pages are ones I recommend looking at first ^-^

Hope somebody finds these links useful!

• I honestly have a couple random generators, but I'm short on time, so let me share with you the one I built a world and plot with one afternoon when I was bored: Chaotic Shiny.

Later I'll need to dig through all my links and post some useful stuff :P

• Soo...I was looking at my bookmark folder and the first thing that occurred to me was how absolutely messy it was, like seriously, I've never seen such clutter in all my life that I should probably post a few of these links to the thread. Hopefully, you'll find these helpful ^-^

• Behind The Name is a good starting point if you're looking for character names; it has a generator where you can pick and choose naming categories (So if you want a character with Japanese, Portuguese and Estonian names, you can :P), a name themes section where you can search for a name based on its meaning, and it has its own sister site for surnames.
    • Need to visualise the height difference between two characters? Try this, or maybe this if you want to compare up to six characters?
    • A random link for an in-browser family tree maker (Note: I believe you need to make an account of some description if you want to save it for later, though).
    • Any chance you're worried that your character may be a Mary Sue? There's a test for that ^_^
    • <--- Gonna leave this here in case you want to know specific information like the weather in Houston, Texas, on the 15th November 1965, for some reason.
    • This is also a good place if you're looking for specific or difficult-to-research information, so if you want to know what would be the best injury to give your character to keep them out of action for a while, or you're not sure on how child custody laws in X place in X century would've affected your character's specific situation, it's a good place to start. And if you can't find what you're looking for, you can always post a query yourself (either with a Livejournal account or anonymously).
    • And here's something for when you need to know if the sun would be up and where at certain times in certain places (eg. The middle of Greenland, 8th June 2016, just after 2pm).

That's all I've got, for now. I'll see if I can dig around for some more useful links, but that would mean cleaning out this massive folder and I'm feeling particularly lazy today, lol ^_^

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.