Character Respond, Answer, Ask (September Edition)

• Ugh, I'm so tired. I need to pull fewer all-nighters. Like.. WAY fewer. -.-

sigh So, lol, I've been editing the blog that will serve as our main page for posting the Shadows Series and, today I looked at it and thought "hm, something's missing", and I decided that said something was a thank you page. So, just saying, don't let anyone think I don't keep my word on this stuff. Magical wild turkeys are officially canon. I have spoken. :P

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Jenna: (secretly starts taking notes)

Between Lena's claim that Jenna would do well as an assassin and now this, I have this eerie feeling that we have somehow doomed your world. lol

And I'm pretty sure your mother just described my eyes o_o I have almost no idea what exact colour they're supposed to be, so it's mostly blue, sometimes green, sometimes grey. waves hands about MAKE YOUR MIND UP, COLOURED LENSES OF MY EYEBALLS!

Dani: "How old are you? Maybe you're enlightened?"

Lena: "Eyes can either change colors; or appear to have different colors, without a crippling magical condition, Dani."

My sister's eyes do that too. They are officially green though. shrug

Alex: Like fire ants? The ones with some of the most painful bites known to man? (googles) Actually, maybe not, their bites are apparently only lethal if you have a severe allergic reaction.
    Fallon: Or maybe they're magic ants?
    Alex: (blankly) Magic ants.
    Fallon: (throws her hands up) Well, we dunnae actually know a lot about Valcrestian wildlife, so there could be!
    Alex: And what, exactly, makes magic ants different from normal ants?
    Fallon: I dunnae fucking know, they spit magic acid or something?
    Alex: ...Magic acid. Let me guess, it's poisonous but you can get a magical high off it?
    Fallon: (snorts) No.
    Alex: (turns to stare at the fourth wall with barely-contained laughter; in a suspiciously high voice) Okay :'3

Magic wild turkeys, sure... Psychodelic fire ants... Nah. lol

Also, look up Brave Wilderness on YT. They have a whole playlist of this guy getting bitten by the most painful insects there are. He shoves his hands in fire ants. It's nuts. But the whole channel is very entertaining if you like animal stuff. :)

Alex: Can't be as bad as when I broke my leg and Ryan tried to set it right for me, but then ended up making it worse.
    Izzy: (imagines that) Ewww, nonononono! x3

I cringed so hard I felt it in my soul. Just no. o.o

(And hopefully, I won't have somehow missed another post, since I started writing this response last night)

I almost always refresh the page before hitting submit so that doesn't happen (stuff you write into the reply box is saved unless you discard it). Sometimes I forget to, though.

@typical_demigod

The Graham Norton thing @Shy_Not_Fly17 mentioned was before the movie. So yeah. He's got some sort of blockage with that word, maybe. lol

Nik: The ability to do this as an infant or toddler is rather impressive. Though, you're not dead, and you still hang out with him, so you can't be too angry.

Sebastian: "See, I'm a genius."

Kyle: "Psychopath. The word you're looking for is psychopath." to Nik "I hang out with him because he's literally the only person my age that I know."

Sebastian: "We know you love me, don't straight up lie like that."

Kyle: sigh "Whatever. The snowman thing did sound like a good idea at the time." >.>

Benito: The first time I convinced someone to proofread an essay my English teacher was convinced I was plagiarizing or something because it wasn't grammatically awful.

One of my English teachers once gave me a College level language test and made me take it in front of her because she thought I couldn't possibly be that good at it. I aced it. I hated that teacher for the rest of the time I had classes with her because now everyone knew I could English.

Gladly my high school teacher was cool. sigh

Rus: Heh. I'm not answering this.

Why, though? :P

Benito: A portrait? And a knife and a hammer. I'm still a little confused about the bottle of pills.
    Nelly: I'm telling you. You're looking too deep.

Isn't it random? How would it mean anything? ^.-

Q: Would you get a miniature portrait made of yourself, if given the opportunity?

Gabrielle: "I know what I look like."

Gerald: "I posed for a portrait once. Because my grandmother really wanted me to. And I'm never doing that again."

Johanna: "No."

Sebastian: "Maybe?"

Kyle: "No."

Dani: "Why would I want a portrait of myself?"

Lena: "Well. if it's small enough, you can put it on a locket and give it to your hypothetical secret boyfriend, assuming I don't kick his as."

Dani: "I would never give a portrait of myself to a boy." -.-

Sarah: "Boys are dumb." nods vigorously

Lena: sigh "Never grow up." :/

Q: Would you consider yourself overprotective towards anyone?

• @typical_demigod Haha, I will. Right now she's just managed to get a day off school with a mysterious illness, so I'll be sure to let her know :P

Rey is the youngest, yes ^-^

Re: the deleted poem - Okay, I know I'm dragging this out at this point, but for real. There's no real-time autosave in whatever program you're using? No backups from the last version you used? I'm sorry, Jenna, but I'm 87% sure you could've found a backup of your polished poem.

Jenna: (coughs) I...use not-saving as an incentive to finish my work and get it over and done with.
    Jake: And what's your excuse for the autosave? :P
    Jenna: (glares at the mention of 'excuse') I panicked, okay? We were in the middle of morning rush when I found out, and I had English in first period, and I had to remember at least five other things I had to do on that day. I didn't see any other choice than to hastily scribble what I remembered on a piece of paper and hand that in.
    Jake: You could've—
    Jenna: No. That's the last time I take advice from you regarding homework >:3

Michael: Number one, no, I don't know what li-fi is. Number two, we weren't in the middle of the road. We were on the side of the road. Number three, it's not like we were out in the middle of the Atlantic. We were on Gilbert Street. In the middle of my neighborhood. With buildings on either side of us.

Alex: Ahhh, from the way you were telling it, I thought you were basically stuck out in the middle of nowhere. (pauses) And li-fi is just wi-fi, but transmitted through light.

I haven't heard about the wi-fi enabled cars, but I'll definitely be looking those up, now xD

Lol, in Michael's defence, my dad and sister recently caught a bug, which I've been trying to avoid catching as much as possible. So far, I've done a good job.
    ...On the other hand, I don't sleep in the same bed as my dad and sister, so... shrugs and holds my hands up

I didn't know you could do this, but.... how do you even do that? Do you organize them by work friends/school friends? Acquaintances? Besties? What if they're in more than one category? How do you decide who goes where?

Izzy: Well, I don't work, so I don't need to worry about that. Friends are orange, acquaintances and people like the receptionist at Mum's workplace are grey, my family are purple, Livvy is green because she likes green, and these guys (points at the others) are a slightly darker orange so they blend in with the other friends. My phone lets you colour the names or the borders of your contacts so you can group them by colour if you want, but I keep it alphabetical because it's easier :3
    Jake: What if like @typical_demigod said happens and you have someone who fits into two categories?
    Izzy: I pick which category they fit into best, so if I have a cousin that I don't speak to often, I could make them grey, but I stick them in purple because they're family.
    Jake: What if they don't fit in any category?
    Izzy: I'll either make a new one or make the contact black.
    Jake: Ahhh.

I did randomly generate a list, just to see if there was something random for Michael, and it generated

a miniature portrait, a kitchen knife, a hammer, and a bottle of pills.

I'm sure the bottle of pills is nothing to worry about...maybe. :3

@Blackbird Lol, I would pull all-nighters more often but...I love sleep more.
    And ayy, a thank you page! I can't wait to hear more about the magical wild turkey :D

Between Lena's claim that Jenna would do well as an assassin and now this, I have this eerie feeling that we have somehow doomed your world. lol

Jake: (quietly edges away from Jenna; whispers) What have you done? o-o

Also, look up Brave Wilderness on YT. They have a whole playlist of this guy getting bitten by the most painful insects there are. He shoves his hands in fire ants. It's nuts. But the whole channel is very entertaining if you like animal stuff. :)

alt text

I almost always refresh the page before hitting submit so that doesn't happen (stuff you write into the reply box is saved unless you discard it). Sometimes I forget to, though.

I didn't know that, thank you :D Now I can worry less about two hours of responding being accidentally deleted ^-^

Sebastian: "See, I'm a genius."
    Kyle: "Psychopath. The word you're looking for is psychopath."

Jake: Glad to see someone agrees!

One of my English teachers once gave me a College level language test and made me take it in front of her because she thought I couldn't possibly be that good at it. I aced it. I hated that teacher for the rest of the time I had classes with her because now everyone knew I could English.

Wait, she made you take it in front of the entire class? Or did she make you do it in private and then randomly declared it in front of everybody? Either way, that kinda sucks.

Lena: "Well. if it's small enough, you can put it on a locket and give it to your hypothetical secret boyfriend, assuming I don't kick his as."
    Dani: "I would never give a portrait of myself to a boy." -.-
    Sarah: "Boys are dumb." nods vigorously
    Lena: sigh "Never grow up." :/

Bless you, Sarah x3

Jenna: Jake.
    Jake: Jenna.
    Alex: And everybody in the room was shocked by this turn of events.
    Fallon: (snorts)
    Shaan: To be fair, I think most siblings are like that, but Rey's still my answer.
    Alex: Yeah, I do care about my brothers, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say I'm overprotective. More like, 'I'll take the fall if you get in trouble for eating the last slice of cake' protective.
    Fallon: And my sister's the protective one of the both of us. If I'm protective of anyone it's likely two people, first one being my da...
    Jenna: Why's that?
    Fallon: For a reason I'm not gonnae talk about, ta. Where was I? Oh yeah, and the second one's Izzy.
    Izzy: :3
    Alex: I'm pretty sure that's also a given for our group.
    Jake: Yup.
    Jenna: Agreed.
    Shaan: In some ways, you are my third sister.
    Izzy: (has her hands to her face like Kevin from Home Alone as she lets out a tiny squee) Guys! x3
    Alex: As my uncle would say, "Mess with our kid, an' we'll be bostin' down yer door!"
    Fallon: Aye!
    Izzy: You really don't need to :3
    Jake: Maybe not, but we're gonna do it anyway. No-one fucks with our group.
    Jenna: They won't get away with it, that's for sure.
    Shaan: :3 Well, I don't do violence, but dead on with the sentiment.

Q: How far do you think you'd go to protect the person(s) you're overprotective of?

• @Blackbird I'm flattered. Magical wild turkeys are not only officially canon, they made it onto the thank-you page.

I feel like @Shy_Not_Fly17's repsonse to this Brave Wilderness channel sums up my feelings on that.

The Graham Norton thing @Shy_Not_Fly17 mentioned was before the movie. So yeah. He's got some sort of blockage with that word, maybe. lol

I guess it's just so much of an ingrained habit he can't fix it now :P

It seems like you've had a string of terrible teachers :/

Why, though? :P

Rus: Because... I've had jokes made relating to this about me and I just... don't have the energy about it tbh.

Isn't it random? How would it mean anything? ^.-

I'm sure the bottle of pills is nothing to worry about...maybe. :3

Nelly: I told you.

Benito: :/

Honestly the miniature portrait conversation makes me think of a scene in MLP where they're trying to decorate Twilight's castle and Rainbow Dash takes down a portrait of the six of them and she's just like, "We don't need this. We already know what we look like."

@Shy_Not_Fly17 XD Good for her.

That's what I thought.

Well, I think they exist :/ Maybe I'm mixing them up with something else, but if wi-fi enabled cars don't exist, I imagine they will in the near future.

I didn't know that, thank you :D Now I can worry less about two hours of responding being accidentally deleted ^-^

On that note, you can also have multiple responses to multiple threads going at the same time. You just press the "Reply" button at the bottom of the page whenever you want to finish a current response.

Alex: Yeah, I do care about my brothers, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't say I'm overprotective. More like, 'I'll take the fall if you get in trouble for eating the last slice of cake' protective.

I wouldn't even do that for mine. Wow. Ya'll have a special bond or something.

In a demented way, I'm curious as to how you decide to ruin Izzy.

Rus: Yeah.

Nik: Sure.

Michael: rolls eyes

Rus: You're just jealous you don't have a sibling. sticks out tongue

Michael: Not really, but sure.

Dylan: I'm less overprotective of my sisters than I was in recent years. pauses That sounds really terrible when I say it like that.

Michael: You're fine.

Benito: shrugs Not really. Everyone I know is perfectly able to protect themselves.

Nelly: Maybe Clara.

Benito: I liked Clara. She was nice. She didn't insist on hugging me.

Nelly: snorts

Q: How far do you think you'd go to protect the person(s) you're overprotective of?

Rus: At this point I think it's clear that I will be violent for someone that I'm overprotective of. :P

Nik: You get violent for people you're protective of, let alone overprotective of.

Rus: ...so. Yeah. It would probably be farther than necessary in 99% of situations.

Michael: Far? I guess? I dunno.

Nelly: To be completely honest, if someone hurt Clara again, I would be a hundred percent willing to shoot them and go to prison.

Benito: This is good information to have. Cornelia, I want you to know, I love you, but I'm not visiting you in prison.

Nelly: It'd probably be the moon, though. Not Earth.

Benito: But where will I live? I can't make that commute.

Nelly: sighs

Q: Would you visit a friend/family member in prison if the prison was far away from where you live?

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

@typical_demigod I'm jumping in quickly because magical turkeys? Haha. That is amazing. sneaks back out

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Wait, she made you take it in front of the entire class? Or did she make you do it in private and then randomly declared it in front of everybody? Either way, that kinda sucks.

She made me take it in front of the entire class. Did I mention I hated her? Yeah. -.-

Fallon: For a reason I'm not gonnae talk about, ta. Where was I? Oh yeah, and the second one's Izzy.
    Izzy: :3
    Alex: I'm pretty sure that's also a given for our group.
    Jake: Yup.
    Jenna: Agreed.
    Shaan: In some ways, you are my third sister.
    Izzy: (has her hands to her face like Kevin from Home Alone as she lets out a tiny squee) Guys! x3
    Alex: As my uncle would say, "Mess with our kid, an' we'll be bostin' down yer door!"
    Fallon: Aye!
    Izzy: You really don't need to :3
    Jake: Maybe not, but we're gonna do it anyway. No-one fucks with our group.
    Jenna: They won't get away with it, that's for sure.
    Shaan: :3 Well, I don't do violence, but dead on with the sentiment.

...I don't know if I should worry more now.

Nah... I'm probably being paranoid. :)

@typical_demigod At this point, I'm very inclined to write an alternate ending to the whole series, like the dog ending from Silent Hill 2, but with a wild turkey instead. :)

It seems like you've had a string of terrible teachers :/

Eeeh... I had three teachers that were particularly terrible to me. And I might have driven one of them insane... Or at the very least I brought the insanity out of her... Because the woman had a breakdown and quit the next day.

I would have felt bad if I wasn't so happy to see her gone. :/

Honestly the miniature portrait conversation makes me think of a scene in MLP where they're trying to decorate Twilight's castle and Rainbow Dash takes down a portrait of the six of them and she's just like, "We don't need this. We already know what we look like."

That's one of my favorite episodes. Ha. >.>

I wholeheartedly believe everyone should have at least one friend who's willing to break them out of prison, should it ever become a necessity. nods

Gabrielle: "I'm a very protective person when I care. Overprotective, though? I think Jo. I did spend a lot of time just getting this girl to stop wanting to die, I'll be damned if someone destroys all that hard work." >.>

Gerald: "I guess, yeah, Jo."

Johanna: "I... can take care of myself."

Gerald: "Sucks to be you, then." shrug

Johanna: smiles "I am. Very."

Gabrielle: "Johanna is overprotective of everyone. Which can be problematic if, say, Tucker and I should get into an argument."

Sebastian: "I'm not. Not really. I'm protective of people I care about, but not to any extremes."

Kyle: "Same."

Dani: "I'm very overprotective towards both my sisters."

Eldric: "She's threatened to murder me in my sleep twice."

Dani: "No. I threatened you once. And later I reminded you that I threatened you, Fletch."

Eldric: "I stand corrected." -.-

Lena: "Like I said, that's what sisters are for." :)

Eldric: "Welp, I only have a brother, so."

Emmett: :(

Eldric: sigh "Don't make that face, you twat."

Emmett: "I don't think I can honestly say, I'm overprotective. Or even protective, but I do try to have your back, I'll have you know."

Eldric: "How and when?"

Emmett: "Are you joking? Do you honestly think dad hasn't almost caught you sneaking out once all this time?"

Eldric: "...Oh."

Emmett: "Yeeah, oh." -.-

Gabrielle: "I don't think anyone wants to find that out."

Johanna: "Far."

I...hmph... Ugh... Spoilers. -.-

Gerald: "I don't want to go into details, but... Yeah. Far."

Sebastian: :|

Dani: "So, yeah, remember that time I shoved this kid's head on a crapper?" >.>

Sarah: "Wait, you did what?"

Dani: "...Nothing."

Sarah: "Why would you do that?"

Dani: "Nothing."

Sarah: "That's so mean, though."

Dani: silently begs Lena for help

Lena: "Okay, I think we should use our 'I'll tell you when you're older' card in this situation."

Sarah: gives Lena a suspicious glare "Are you in on this too?"

Lena: "Just trying to keep the peace."

Sarah: "Fine. -.-

Edit: Pffft, I totally skipped a question!

Q: Would you visit a friend/family member in prison if the prison was far away from where you live?

Gabrielle: "Unless they did something atrocious, I'd probably break them out."

Gerald: "You say that like it's easy. No one has ever broken out of the Newhaven dungeons."

Johanna: "I have."

Gerald: "You were in a holding cell. Not the actual dungeons."

Johanna: "I would break them out. Like Gabe said."

Gerald: "I'd visit. Can't promise more than that."

Sebastian: "I'd visit Kyle in prison. I'd even bring him cookies."

Kyle: "Aw. Right back at you. Unless you go to prison for finally getting me killed. Then I guess I couldn't."

Sebastian: -.-

Dani: "Hah... You're kidding, right? Do you not understand what happens to one of us in prison? There'd be nothing to visit. Ask dad."

Lena: "Actually don't ask him that. Never ask him that." :/

Q: Have you ever done something (good or bad) behind someone's back for their protection? If so, did they ever find out?

• @Josey Everyone needs a magical turkey in their world. It's not complete without one.

@blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (September Edition):

some time later I knew that gut instinct was correct....

I've never played Silent Hill, but upon watching a clip of the dog ending, that seems like a worthwhile venture.

I wholeheartedly believe everyone should have at least one friend who's willing to break them out of prison, should it ever become a necessity. nods

Rus: I'd break my friends out of prison.

Michael: Well, I guess if I'm ever arrested, I'll call you up.

Rus: ^_^

tbh I feel like that'd be a bad idea because Rus would probably have a panic attack upon reaching the prison, but I guess it's the sentiment that matters :P

Dani: "I'm very overprotective towards both my sisters."
    Eldric: "She's threatened to murder me in my sleep twice."
    Dani: "No. I threatened you once. And later I reminded you that I threatened you, Fletch."
    Eldric: "I stand corrected." -.-

I feel the sentiment.

Lena: "Actually don't ask him that. Never ask him that." :/

Speaking from personal experience here, I see.

Q: Have you ever done something (good or bad) behind someone's back for their protection? If so, did they ever find out?

Rus: Yes to both.

Michael: I mean, I've done stuff behind someone's back, but not necessarily for their protection. pauses :/ Unless not saying something so their feelings and pride wouldn't be hurt counts. I've done that.

Nelly: If getting in trouble for other people counts, then yes. Them finding out was irrelevant because they rarely did anything about it anyway >.>

Benito: Not that I recall. Well. smug look Punching an asshole in the face so nobody else had to worry about it probably counts.

Michael: I thought you did that in front of people...?

Benito: Only a handful. And most of them aren't going to testify against me, so I'm pretty much good on that count.

Nelly: I don't even want to know what was going on in Zhongmen anymore.

Benito: Arguing, really.

Ep. 2 Pt. 2: A Summary.

Q: Has anyone ever taken the fall for something you should've been in trouble for?

• @typical_demigod In the main series, I actually have one of my Wolf characters arrested in Newhaven and yeah, it wasn't fun. And that's when we were writing in a PG-13 RP site. We're rewriting this with an M rating so... Someone's REALLY gonna have a bad time.

That said, she does get broken out of the deeper levels of the dungeons. Which is a feat. So yay. >.>

Benito: Not that I recall. Well. smug look Punching an asshole in the face so nobody else had to worry about it probably counts.
    Michael: I thought you did that in front of people...?
    Benito: Only a handful. And most of them aren't going to testify against me, so I'm pretty much good on that count.
    Nelly: I don't even want to know what was going on in Zhongmen anymore.
    Benito: Arguing, really.

...I'm not sure whether I even want to ask right now. lol

Q: Has anyone ever taken the fall for something you should've been in trouble for?

Gabrielle: "Yes." pause "My first family had a very 'every man for himself' mentality."

Gerald: "No." shrug "Well... I mean... I might have gotten my mom in trouble with the war council once. But that was more her suffering repercussions for something I actually was in trouble for."

Johanna: "What was it?"

Gerald: "Let's just say I said something I shouldn't in front of someone I shouldn't and leave it at that."

Johanna: "I was the one who always got in trouble." shrugs

Sebastian: "Kyle stole cookies from the kitchen at the orphanage and blatantly pinned it on me."

Kyle: "I didn't pin it on you, I just let them assume it was you."

Sebastian: "You didn't even let me have one." -.-

Dani: "Lena has taken the blame for me a couple of times."

Lena: shrug "I'm sure mom knew I was lying and just decided to let me."

Emmet: "When we were kids everything was my fault."

Eldric: "...What do you mean by that?"

Emmett: "I mean literally what I just said." shrugs

Q: Have you ever done something you regret and was never forgiven?

• I'm going to apologise in advance for the short (and slightly late) response. I'm not feeling particularly well and we had some tree surgeons cut down some trees yesterday, so I didn't have power all morning up until 2 pm.

@typical_demigod @Blackbird

In a demented way, I'm curious as to how you decide to ruin Izzy.

Even I don't know what's going to happen to Izzy as of writing this, but it certainly isn't going to be sunshine and rainbows for her, or anyone else.
    ...We'll just have to see what NaNo brings... <insert villainous laugh here; end with coughing>

I wouldn't even do that for mine. Wow. Ya'll have a special bond or something.

Alex: It's a bond built upon cake and sarcasm. The best kind.

Nelly: To be completely honest, if someone hurt Clara again, I would be a hundred percent willing to shoot them and go to prison.
    Benito: This is good information to have. Cornelia, I want you to know, I love you, but I'm not visiting you in prison.

Jake: (ponders) Jen, d'you think Mum and Dad would visit us if we got caught?
    Jenna: (sits in silence for a moment) ...Honestly? I'm not sure. I don't even know if they'd be allowed, if they even wanted to.
    Jake: Well, it's the law, right? We should be allowed visitation if that happens?
    Jenna: (sighs) It would depend on whether they know we have powers or not, I think.
    Jake: What do you mean?
    Jenna: ...Put it this way, if you had a superweapon, would you want to risk an information leak? Would you even want to risk it leaving your possession?
    Jake: (shrugs) I dunno, not really.
    Jenna: So if people were allowed to come in and see this superweapon, that's a security risk, right?
    Jake: I guess.
    Jenna: Then, imagine that superweapon has a brain. It can receive information from the outside through these visitors and potentially use that to plan its way out. You see where I'm going with this?
    Jake: I am. (suddenly grins) All the more reason not to get caught until we've sorted this shit out :P
    Jenna: (unenthusiastically, under her breath) Yay, optimism.

@Blackbird Damn. Some teachers just suck.

Eeeh... I had three teachers that were particularly terrible to me. And I might have driven one of them insane... Or at the very least I brought the insanity out of her... Because the woman had a breakdown and quit the next day.

veeeeeery curious as to how you managed that :P

Agreed xD

Eldric: "Welp, I only have a brother, so."
    Emmett: :(
    Eldric: sigh "Don't make that face, you twat."
    Emmett: "I don't think I can honestly say, I'm overprotective. Or even protective, but I do try to have your back, I'll have you know."
    Eldric: "How and when?"
    Emmett: "Are you joking? Do you honestly think dad hasn't almost caught you sneaking out once all this time?"
    Eldric: "...Oh."
    Emmett: "Yeeah, oh." -.-

Jenna: I'm honestly surprised Dad didn't catch me the one time I did sneak out.
    Jake: That'll be because we were watching Arsenal play Chelsea, and I went up to get the snacks and make tea so he didn't pass the bedroom door.
    (Note: don't ask me how football/soccer leagues work, because I basically pulled those two names out of my arse xD)
    Jenna: You did that on purpose, for me?
    Jake: Eh, what're twin brothers for? :P Besides, you've saved my ass a few times when it comes to sneaking out. Not that you've ever mentioned it.
    Jenna: I didn't see any reason to :3

@typical_demigod

@Josey Everyone needs a magical turkey in their world. It's not complete without one.

I am now seriously contemplating a magical turkey in my story. I'm not even sure how that'll work, but it's going to be a turkey, and it's going to be magical. nods firmly

@Blackbird

@typical_demigod In the main series, I actually have one of my Wolf characters arrested in Newhaven and yeah, it wasn't fun. And that's when we were writing in a PG-13 RP site. We're rewriting this with an M rating so... Someone's REALLY gonna have a bad time.

O_O
    I have no response to that.

Jake: Apparently, it's trying to help Jenna with her English homework.
    Jenna: That implies you regret it.
    Jake: Only because you were bitching about it.
    Jenna: (rolls her eyes) I seem to do a lot of that. Must be my allergies.
    Alex: To morons?
    Jenna: (raises her eyebrows) Someone who understands.
    Alex: (nods; sighs) Ryan still doesn't forgive me for when I chased his then-girlfriend away.
    Fallon: Jesus, what happened?
    Alex: We were fighting over this dumb gaming tournament we'd both lost in, and he was blaming me even though I had nothing to do with why he lost. Then he outright accused me of cheating and after a big argument, I went to her and started venting, and told her she needed to talk some sense into him. It must've been something I said, because then she got upset and broke up with him.
    Jake: (whistles) Damn.
    Alex: And it made me feel worse, too, because she was one of the nice ones, albeit with a few trust issues. Ryan didn't speak to me for two days.
    Shaan: Amirah and I fell out once because her brother was bullying some younger kids and I decked him. Actually, she hasn't forgotten, but she forgave me. Her brother hasn't.
    Fallon: Probably just me, but I wouldnae have regrets over giving a bully a lamping.
    Shaan: Yeah, he's a dick, but it was the first thing I did. I didn't get in the way or try to stop him. I just punched and walked off.
    Fallon: Sometimes the shites need a wake-up call. Dunnae feel bad 'cause you wanted tae defend some kids.
    Shaan: :/
    Izzy: I was in dance club and I offered to be in charge of a routine another girl wanted to do. She ended up carrying me through it when I freaked out and realised I'd bitten off more than I could chew. I wasn't sure if we were on good terms after that, but after my telepathy came in I know she still has a problem with it :3
    Jenna: (sighs) More important issues in life than a dance routine, if you ask me.
    Izzy: For us, yeah. But she wants to become a professional dancer, and she thinks it would've looked good on her resumé if she'd been picked in the first place.
    Jenna: Is she in your year?
    Izzy: Mhm.
    Jenna: She's still got two, three years left before Sixth Form or college. She'll have other opportunities to build up that resumé.
    Jake: (snorts) She says, panicking every time she thinks about her own.
    Jenna: Because I need to be good in all my core subjects. I'm still making a decision about my career path.
    Jake: ...I'm going to skip over the fact that we're kinda on the run from the law and don't need to worry about getting a job right now, I thought you were set on being a police officer?
    Jenna: I believe my exact words were 'judicial, or law enforcement.' I'm still wondering whether I should become a solicitor, or go into the army like Dad, or join the Met.
    Jake: Riiiight... o-o (decides not to question whether she'd even be allowed to go into the latter two)

Q: Did you ever expect to be doing your current job? If you don't have a job, do you expect to get one any time soon?

• @Blackbird Life ruined forever, but out of the dungeons. :P

...I'm not sure whether I even want to ask right now. lol

So, I'm not 100% sure what happens in that section of the story, but the basis is that the HEAD head guy is kinda vengeance driven and most of the other people are like "you gonna kill us all" and mutiny. He was very much a jerk and Benito does punch him in the face. And everyone else is kinda like "...why. why didn't you just put up with it for two more seconds."

Sebastian: "Kyle stole cookies from the kitchen at the orphanage and blatantly pinned it on me."
    Kyle: "I didn't pin it on you, I just let them assume it was you."
    Sebastian: "You didn't even let me have one." -.-

I mean.... you could've at least shared the cookies if you were gonna do that, I guess.

@Shy_Not_Fly17 I'm not expecting it to be sunshine and rainbows for any of them, and I will be sad for all of them, but... Izzy's the puppy of the group and you're just. You're kicking her.

I am now seriously contemplating a magical turkey in my story. I'm not even sure how that'll work, but it's going to be a turkey, and it's going to be magical. nods firmly

Do it.

Shaan: Amirah and I fell out once because her brother was bullying some younger kids and I decked him. Actually, she hasn't forgotten, but she forgave me. Her brother hasn't.
    Fallon: Probably just me, but I wouldnae have regrets over giving a bully a lamping.
    Shaan: Yeah, he's a dick, but it was the first thing I did. I didn't get in the way or try to stop him. I just punched and walked off.
    Fallon: Sometimes the shites need a wake-up call. Dunnae feel bad 'cause you wanted tae defend some kids.

Rus: I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with Fallon on this one. I woulda decked him too.

Rus: ...

Nik: opens mouth, then huffs

Michael: Kind of...? Eventually I said sorry, but she kind of brushed it off and said "okay" and I'm not sure if she forgives me...? But I'm not sure if I regret it, either.

Benito: No.

Nelly: I have, yeah.

Q: Did you ever expect to be doing your current job? If you don't have a job, do you expect to get one any time soon?

Benito: Not when I was a kid or a teenager, no, but I went to college specifically to do this job.

Michael: What did you expect to do as a kid or teenager?

Benito: shrugs

Nelly: No. My sister dragged me into this job.

Rus: Nope. Well. I expected to get a well-paying job that would spite my father, so in that respect, sure, but not this exactly.

Michael: I wanted to be an astronaut and I'm an astronaut. So. I guess.

Q: If you have a job, what made you choose to do it? If you don't have a job but you want to get a specific job/type of job, why?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 I hope you feel better. :/

...We'll just have to see what NaNo brings... <insert villainous laugh here; end with coughing>

Well, hopefully at least one magical turkey. >.>

veeeeeery curious as to how you managed that :P

This is a long story, dude. :P

Honestly, I'm not sure if I did it exactly. What I did, in my opinion, shouldn't have been enough to give someone a breakdown. But let's just say that Lena does take a bit after me in the whole "become the fuck you" thing. When I don't like someone, I may not be able to say it, but I make sure that they know.

And I'm usually willing to put up with teachers unless, you know, something happens. With this one, there was an issue regarding a test. She was a Portuguese teacher and one of the test questions asked for the proper spelling of the word beneficent (beneficent, in Portuguese). It is VERY common for people to misspell that word as "beneficiente", with an 'i', so asking for the proper spelling is a go-to trick question. Here's the kicker, though; no one got it wrong. BUT. The goddamn teacher was convinced that the wrong spelling was right.

The entire classroom got into an argument. We shoved three different dictionaries in that woman's face, and she still refused to fix our grades. So, I got particularly fed up, grabbed my test and one of the dictionaries, stormed out of class, found the principal, shoved the evidence in her face and managed to get her to come into class with me to sort shit out.

After that, I don't know exactly what happened... I mean, I was very pissed we even had to go through all that, and I sort of started to display my distaste by acting extremely cold and polite in class for a while. And... I think that made her paranoid for some reason. Whenever there were people whispering in class she thought it was about her and every time she saw me laughing at something; even outside of her classroom she thought it was somehow about her... and... I dunno... About a month after the whole test thing I noticed she'd gotten this twitch in one of her eyes... And then one day the woman exploded and yelled at us for like 20 minutes straight that we were ruining her life, stormed out and never came back. Later the principal said that she claimed that we were constantly harassing her and actually singled me out for doing it, which... I'm pretty sure I didn't. But the principal didn't take it seriously, so... I don't know. I was sixteen, I'm not a shrink. Looking back I'm pretty sure the lady had some issues going into this whole thing.

O_O
    I have no response to that.

Don't worry. Everything's gonna be just fine. Eventually. :)

Jenna: (rolls her eyes) I seem to do a lot of that. Must be my allergies.
    Alex: To morons?
    Jenna: (raises her eyebrows) Someone who understands.

Lena: "It's a serious medical condition."

I've shared more than enough lengthy school stories for one post, but... I feel the need to point out that one of my best friends was the playground bully when we were in school together and we became friends after I knocked him down and made him cry. He's, like, the sweetest guy I know today. Bless him. :P

@typical_demigod

So, I'm not 100% sure what happens in that section of the story, but the basis is that the HEAD head guy is kinda vengeance driven and most of the other people are like "you gonna kill us all" and mutiny. He was very much a jerk and Benito does punch him in the face. And everyone else is kinda like "...why. why didn't you just put up with it for two more seconds."

...Pretty sure at least 50% of my characters would have done the same. :P

I mean.... you could've at least shared the cookies if you were gonna do that, I guess.

Kyle: "I had already eaten them by the time anyone found out. I wasn't going to carry them around in my pockets all day." -.-

Michael: Kind of...? Eventually I said sorry, but she kind of brushed it off and said "okay" and I'm not sure if she forgives me...? But I'm not sure if I regret it, either.

Hmph, I... Hate... When people say 'okay' just to sorta end a conversation and I know they're thinking stuff they're not saying. Like, really, I have enough anxiety in my life as it is. -.-

Michael: I wanted to be an astronaut and I'm an astronaut. So. I guess.

My mom told me about a friend of hers that used to say he was going to work for NASA when he was a kid and everyone laughed it off, but he did end up working for NASA. I don't know what he did (he wasn't an astronaut or anything), but he did work there.

Q: If you have a job, what made you choose to do it? If you don't have a job but you want to get a specific job/type of job, why?

Gabrielle: "I don't know what you'd consider a job. Is it the thing I'm paid to do? Because if so, I'm technically a blacksmith. I do get paid to do that."

Gerald: "That would make the rest of us utterly unemployed and leeching off your hard work. I don't think I like that."

Gabrielle: "Nah. You and Jo take care of the children. It's a fine arrangement."

Gerald: "..."

Johanna: "That's not the question Gabe."

Gabrielle: "True. What my job is wasn't the question." snort "Uhm, I don't know? Right after I got adopted, my parents' crew had all different kinds of people with different sets of skills, and I helped here and there wherever was needed. Eventually, I took a liking to working the forge and making things out of metal. I lived off of it for a year or so after I was on my own but then... I went back to Hunting. So now I custom make things for a bit of coin. And it funds most of this operation."

Gerald: "I guess I would have been a Knight if not for... Life happening... But I don't think I actually liked it, I just felt like it made sense to do it." shrugs "I think if I wasn't a Hunter and I could choose any job I wanted I'd be a carpenter. I like building things."

Johanna: "I never had a job." shrug "I like baking. Maybe that?"

Kyle: "You could open a muffin shop." nods "I'd help."

Johanna: smiles

Sebastian: "Uhm... I don't know what I want out of life. Not sure it even matters at this point." shrugs

Kyle: sigh "Well, you can help with the muffin shop too, then."

Sebastian: snort "I don't like helping out in kitchen as much as you, bro."

Kyle: "You could sell. You're better with people than me. And Jo... Well..."

Sebastian: "Point taken. You'd need someone behind the counter who'd be actually capable of talking to people."

Johanna: quietly "I can talk to people..." -.-

(I'm currently playing a game of 'how long can I lead readers to believe Jo actually can't talk?' lol)

Dani: "I don't get to want my job."

Lena: "Yes you do."

Dani: "No, not really. I'm a Wolf. It's what I am. Leaving would mean literally losing everything I care about."

Lena: "True, but you don't have to leave. You can just as easily become a worker if you want to. You know that."

Dani: sigh "I guess. Guess I don't know what I want. And that makes everything a bit harder, doesn't it?"

Lena: "Well, hopefully mom and Joe won't be dying anytime soon. So you have time."

Dani: :/

Sarah: "I don't know if I want to kill people." shrug

Emmett: "Don't knock it til you try it, kid."

Dani: glare

Emmett: "..." slowly takes his leave

Lena: "I can't say you'll never have to kill people, but if you don't want to be an assassin, you can just settle as a worker after basic training. It's not a big deal."

Dani: "I'll be honest with you, Sarah, I don't think most of us really want to kill people. It's just, well, someone has to."

Sarah: "Why?"

Lena: "That's a question you should be asking mom."

Sarah: "Hm. Okay."

Q: Do you enjoy receiving attention from whichever sex you're attracted to?

(I wrote all this post and only now realized it's already October :|)

• (Suddenly realises it's October, but decides to leave one last response anyway, so no question from me at the end of this :3)
    @typical_demigod

@Shy_Not_Fly17 I'm not expecting it to be sunshine and rainbows for any of them, and I will be sad for all of them, but... Izzy's the puppy of the group and you're just. You're kicking her.

Okay, I'll admit, I had two immediate responses reading that from both the Nice(ish) Me and Magnificent Bitch Me:
    "If you think whatever ambiguously bad things I'm about to do to Izzy is bad, you should see my friend who I swear to god plans to kill a whole bunch of her main characters and psychologically fuck up the rest. And she has a lot of characters."
    "MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
    I'll let y'all figure out which Me is which c:

Do it.

@Blackbird Well, hopefully at least one magical turkey. >.>

Yes, there will be a magical turkey ^-^ Somehow. In a world where magic is canonically either underground or not existent at all.

Rus: I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with Fallon on this one. I woulda decked him too.

Shaan: :3 That's up to you, I s'pose.

Are we... are we not getting a story behind this? Or any of the others?
    Gossipy Me is disappointed

@Blackbird Thank you :)

RE: Your Teacher story... Jesus Christ. That whole story is a bit of a riot from start to finish. I can't tell if the best part is that you broke her by being passive-aggressive, or the fact it all happened because she, a goddamn Portuguese teacher, ironically didn't know how to spell the word.
    Also, it reminds me of one of my primary school teachers. She wasn't a bad teacher, per se, but she was very strict and nobody really liked her. One day we were discussing science when we somehow got onto the subject of dogs' eyesight. Now, the night before, I'd been reading up on dogs, so I told her that dogs CAN see colour, just not as much as humans do. She maintained that they couldn't see colour at all and only saw in greys. And that's the story of why 10-year-old me argued with my teacher for a solid minute before giving up.
    I still get rather salty about the incident to this day.

Don't worry. Everything's gonna be just fine. Eventually. :)

raises an eyebrow in slight suspicion, then shrugs Okay ^_^

I've shared more than enough lengthy school stories for one post, but... I feel the need to point out that one of my best friends was the playground bully when we were in school together and we became friends after I knocked him down and made him cry. He's, like, the sweetest guy I know today. Bless him. :P

That makes me happy reading that, and also kinda sad because I immediately started thinking about the one-dimensional, cardboard cutout portrayal of most bullies in fiction, and how they're just...well, cardboard cutouts of people. le sigh

Johanna: "I never had a job." shrug "I like baking. Maybe that?"
    Kyle: "You could open a muffin shop." nods "I'd help."
    Johanna: smiles

Oh my god, yes! Please! I'd dismantle the fourth wall to go to that muffin shop :D Muffinssssssss!

Jenna: Romantically? Yeah, I do :3
    Jake: Dork.
    Jenna: Hey, you love the attention, don't act like this is purely my thing.
    Jake: Well, I like attention from anybody, really.
    Alex: (frowns) What do you mean?
    Jake: For some reason, people think I'll flirt with just about anybody, but I don't know why. I just like being friendly and talking to people and getting to know them, y'know what I'm saying?
    Alex: Yeah, I do.
    Jake: But yeah, I do like attention from girls ^^
    Alex: Ah.
    Shaan: I get...sort of uncomfortable? I don't know how to talk to girls in general. My sisters and Amirah are my only point of reference.
    Izzy: I'd say you're doing a good job.
    Shaan: Thank you :3
    Alex: I'm bad with everybody, but romantic attention...sure. I kind of like the idea of it, ignoring the fact I'd have to show it back which, uhh...I don't know how to.
    Jake: You've never been shown attention that way?
    Alex: Nope. Too awkward and nerdy.
    Jake: (puts an arm around him) Well, they're missing the fuck out on some snarky ass, aren't they?
    Alex: (wide-eyed confusion) Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
    Fallon: Damn fucking right, they are.
    Alex: Uhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Izzy: Boys are cute. Stupid, sometimes, but cute c: You should've seen this one boy trying to ask Livvy out. Cutest. Thing. Ever. I swear!
    Jenna: If it was anything like the last time Jake asked a girl out, I can already picture it.
    Jake: (sputters and removes his arm from Alex) Whaaat?
    Jenna: (as Alex untenses) He was acting like a giggly child and he wouldn't keep still. I've never seen anything more adorable than my brother being a lovestruck puppy.
    Jake: (ears going pink)

See you guys in the October Edition, I need to go to bed :P

• @blackbird said in Character Respond, Answer, Ask (September Edition):

(I wrote all this post and only now realized it's already October :|)

I can't believe I spent all of today thinking about how I would make the October post tomorrow morning, October 1st, before I went to school, just to find out that today is October 1st..........

-_-

Anyway, I'mma do responses & questions here first, because I'm dragging in new characters for at least the October thread.

Re: the Portuguese teacher: :| That's crazy and that teacher is ridiculous and honestly if she couldn't accept that she was spelling it wrong and needed to take out all of her frustrations on a bunch of teenagers, she didn't need to be there in the first place.

Agreed with the one-dimensional representations of bullies :P

My mom told me about a friend of hers that used to say he was going to work for NASA when he was a kid and everyone laughed it off, but he did end up working for NASA. I don't know what he did (he wasn't an astronaut or anything), but he did work there.

Ooh, nice. Get back at them, random dude. Go work at NASA.

Gerald: "That would make the rest of us utterly unemployed and leeching off your hard work. I don't think I like that."

"When you say it like THAT...."

@Shy_Not_Fly17

"If you think whatever ambiguously bad things I'm about to do to Izzy is bad, you should see my friend who I swear to god plans to kill a whole bunch of her main characters and psychologically fuck up the rest. And she has a lot of characters."

Is that friend, perhaps, me?

Yes, there will be a magical turkey ^-^ Somehow. In a world where magic is canonically either underground or not existent at all.

Go for it, my friend. Make an underground magical society. There's already aliens; why not magicians?

(Or maybe the aliens experimented on the turkey and this is what they got.)

Are we... are we not getting a story behind this? Or any of the others?
    Gossipy Me is disappointed

Nelly: I'm pretty sure I've talked enough about mine that you could probably figure it out.

Rus: mumbles Not talking about it.

Michael: My story is about a parental figure.

I still get rather salty about the incident to this day.

I would. Also, I was not aware of this before now. I thought they saw zero color.

Sleep well, you.

Rus: Whenever someone flirts with me I'm one half shocked, like, "Why the hell are you flirting with me when I'm pretty sure there's someone more attractive", and the other part of me is just awkward because flirtation confuses me and I'm bad at it. :/

Michael: Apparently, it hasn't hindered you too badly.

Rus: This is like... my first romantic partner. And one of the first people actually interested in me like this.

Michael: My point still stands.

Rus: ...I guess. :P

Nelly: Depends on the person giving me the attention, honestly.

Benito: Well, that's a given.

Nelly: I just want it to be clear.

Michael: Sure. I mean, obviously I'm married, so I'm not going to go out actively seeking it from random strangers, but yes.

Link to new thread.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.