Dungeons & Dragons Campaign on Plotist

• I've been running a DnD campaign for the family for the past few weeks -- since @Josey got me re-addicted! Thanks Josey!

Anyway, I was using Trello for a while to keep all my notes and spells and general information hoarding. And now that I've gotten my new campaign ready (in my head) it's time to plot it out. And that's where Plostist comes in. I have everyone's character sheets and backstories. So I'm going to use them as I would a normal character in one of my books.

Here's what I'm thinking. Obviously, worldbuild the heck out of it! Yay!
    Then plot out the different encounters as far ahead as I can.
    Then, after we play a round, come back and update the things that happened. That way, I don't have to worry about forgetting week to week.

And just because I like to over plan, I'm figuring out a way to project my screen onto the table so they can see the map and characters I come up with.

• Update -- for myself mostly.
    It went great!!! I used the timeline and the pictures I'd downloaded to help describe things in the moment. And now that the first day of adventuring is done, I'm going back to jot down what happened, to use it later.

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

This is really cool. Please keep us updated on how it goes, and especially if there's anything in particular that you feel would make the experience better! :)

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

As someone who uses Plotist to keep track of every single tabletop game she plays, or GMs, I can't wait to hear how this works out for you.

When I am a player at the table, I track the events, key information my character needs to know, etc. When I am GMing, I have a whole different thing going. I have all the NPCs written up, with some information to help me know how to help them. I build the world of events keeping different timelines for different things. One to track what the players do. One to track what is happening in the world regardless (or simply because) of what the characters choose to do. Three, a general idea of where I want to take characters.

Characters at my tabletop can totally be responsible for anything and everything, so that last one more often than not ends up tossed out the window. :D But I do end up writing up what new NPCs i had to create on the fly, or story hooks the characters created for themselves.

Simply having Plotist to track all this for me is actually insanely helpful. The table I play at can at times take month long breaks due to works/family schedules. So when we come back together and we try to remember everything that happened, we return to Plotist, discuss everything, and then .. feel that wonderful sense of dread because we forgot we did something that may or may not come back and haunt us. ;)

• That's what I'm doing now. Going back and adding what happened in our game. They came up with a few things themselves during role play, that I'm going to incorporate. And I got a good look at how they work together as a group.
    I have a couple randomizer apps and found a site called donjon. They really help me out. I made it kinda the same way you're talking, @Josey. I made a bunch of NPCs and their 'moods' and I know what info I want the characters to get. So whoever they stumble upon will relay versions of the story, in their different ways. It's so much fun!
    Also, my 18yr old is shipping off to boot camp. She was never big on playing, but I included her anyway. She's the person they're trying to reach at the end. So she's in the game without having to do anything.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.