Character Respond Answer Ask (August Edition)

• It's that time again!

What is the Character Respond Answer Ask?

Have you ever had a character and you thought, "How do I get to know you better?"

Well, you're in luck. The point of the thread is to get to know your character better, through both serious and ridiculous prompts, with the added bonus of other people getting to know your character, as well!

The way it works is fairly simple. I'll post a question at the bottom of this thread. The next person will come and answer that question, and then leave their own question. Person #2 will come on and think, "That's an interesting question and I want to answer it!" Before they can do that, however, they must post a response to the previous person's answer. Then they can answer the question the first person posted, and then they can leave their own question.

Example scenario: I ask What is your character's least favorite board game?

Person 1: Answers the question (i.e., Charlie really hates [insert board game])

Leaves their own question.

Person 2: Responds to the answer of Person 1 (I.e., wow, Charlie has a really intense hatred for that board game! Is there a particular reason, or does she just really hate it because she can?)

Answers the question Person 1 left

Leaves their own question

And repeat!

A couple (important) notes:

Style doesn't really matter. You can answer it from your, the author's, POV (Charlie dislikes Risk because blah blah blah), or you can answer it from the character's point of view (Charlie: I hate Risk. That game is so stupid).

Don't feel obligated to answer all the past questions, whether you're new or you're a regular but you haven't been able to participate lately. If there are a couple that really speak out to you, then feel free to answer them, but you don't have to. Also, because sometimes threads can get long and unruly, you don't have to read all the previous posts unless you really want to. Just have a response for the person above you, a question for the person below you, and you're good to go!

Respond to the post above yours. As with the questions, you don't need to respond to everyone's previous posts, but you need to at least respond to the post above yours! That kind of interaction between the author/character is part of what makes the thread fun!

If you still have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I promise we aren't as scary as we look. :)

Question to get the month started: How are you?

• @typical_demigod

D: why so sad?

Because everything in Jo's life is pain. We've been over this. :)

Poor Eldric. I can imagine him trying to be romantic like something out of a random romance novel he found and Lena just watching him light a bunch of candles like "wtf are you doing stupid?" -.-

So beyond mortal danger, what else won't you agree to do on a dare?

Sebastian: "Serious crimes or age inappropriate things." >.>

Kyle: "Seriously, how are you alive?"

Sebastian: "The sheer power of awesome. That's how." ;)

awkward vibe in the room from Benito and Nelly

That's... Pretty much exactly what I was looking for here, tbh. >:)

How does marriage work for Rus? I'm pretty sure you explained that on the Worldbuilding thread at some point, but I forget.

Q: How are you?

Gabrielle: "I'm fine. How are you?' ^.-

Gerald: "I'm a little tired."

Johanna: "Go rest."

Gerald: "I don't want to."

Johanna: -.-

Gerald: >.>

Johanna: "I was fine. Now I'm annoyed." -.-

Gerald: chuckle

Kyle: "I'm... Kinda hungry actually."

Sebastian: shrugs while reading a book "Mhm."

Dani: "I'm exhausted, but other than that, I'm good."

Lena: "Today was surprisingly painless."

Dani: "For you." -.-

Lena: "Your pain is avoidable, mine isn't. So shut it."

Dani: =.=

Q: When you get really angry at someone/something are you more vocal or physical about it? Or do you try to just let it go?

• @Blackbird

Because everything in Jo's life is pain. We've been over this. :)

I mean, yes, we have, but I'm still allowed to ask.

Eldric is doing the best he can.

That's... Pretty much exactly what I was looking for here, tbh. >:)

XD

you terrible you

How does marriage work for Rus? I'm pretty sure you explained that on the Worldbuilding thread at some point, but I forget.

I have 2% of an idea how. For Fregemepai, if the whole family (the immediate family and probably most of the extended family, if you live close enough to them) is in agreeance that the two partners are Good and won't be abusive/controlling/etc to one/both of their partners, then it's settled and you can do whatever with them. All three partners have to agree, obviously.

For the partners themselves, I think it's mostly just "we all agree to be faithful to each other and we all want kids together so let's just live together" (because Fregemepai are huge family people and being raised in the culture and then going "I don't really want children" is pretty much unheard of and something must be wrong with you).

As for an actual ceremony... :/ Fregemepai probably would just because it's canon that they do anything for a holiday. They have week long holidays because they can. For other quecheen societies, no clue. Some Earthborn quecheen might go for a wedding that's more traditional to [insert country of origin]'s wedding ceremonies, but again, only 2% of an idea of what's going on here. Whatever they do, they definitely have to legalize it somehow so the government can keep track of it.

As for friends and family, they're already going to know about the trio's decision, but the trio is also going to be covered in pheromones from each other, so quecheen can pick out pretty clearly who's in (what would be considered) a married relationship and who's not. (Humans are screwed but it's not hard to ask, and, socially, it's not acceptable for them to flirt with quecheen or vice versa. (Not that people being in committed/married relationships prevents flirtation.))

As for identifying who's in a committed relationship and who's in a basically married relationship, this depends on some biological factors; essentially, once they have sex, they're partners for life. If one of them dies, in most cultures, it's looked down upon to bring in a new partner. (It should be noted that even if this were something the remaining couple agreed to do, finding a partner willing and able to enter that dynamic is normally very uncommon (not to mention complicated for other biological reasons).) For this reason, as well, divorce is pretty much unheard of unless the relationship in question is seriously abusive/unhealthy and it's not safe to remain in anymore for one or more of the people involved.

I can't tell if I've rambled and strayed away from the point or not? There are other dynamics and things but I have even vaguer knowledge of those so this is pretty much the gist.

Gabrielle: "I'm fine. How are you?' ^.-

A little stressed after trying to explain the process I just did in a way that makes sense to other people, but otherwise, good, I guess. How are-- oh wait.

Sebastian isn't even listening.

Q: When you get really angry at someone/something are you more vocal or physical about it? Or do you try to just let it go?

Rus: It depends. Sometimes I physically attack people and other times I'm just very passive aggressive.

Michael: When you're angry at someone for something they've done to you you don't do shit about it. Like, sometimes you give dirty looks, but that's the extent.

Rus: shrug You don't do shit when you're angry at people for something they've done to you.

Michael: I'm just saying.

Rus: So am I.

Michael: Also I got someone fired once when I was angry at them so I do do things about it.

Rus: :/ wait

Michael: Otherwise I just try to be the gentleman in the situation and just let it go. pause Unless I really don't like the person or they were a complete and total ass. I will ruin your night in that case.

Rus: :/ how did you get someone fired?

Michael: I knew the manager and the manager liked me.

Benito: Vocal. Dora informed me I'm not allowed around her children because I swear over the tiniest things, according to her.

Nelly: Oh God. puts face in hands

Benito: I taught the toddler to say some things that she probably should not have been saying in front of her babysitter ^_^

Nelly: It was terrible. Dora looked ready to shoot him.

Benito: Sakchai thought it was hilarious.

Nelly: He looked disgruntled the whole time.

Benito: He was laughing on the inside. He thought it was absolutely hilarious.

Nelly: Anyway. That's the story of how Benito almost died on his once every half decade vacation.

Benito: Totally worth it ^_^

I feel obligated to add that he does not only get a vacation every 5 years. They just get a very long (1-2 months depending on how long you were deployed for) leave time after a deployment. His average deployment is on is 3-4 years. Nelly is bad at math and rounds it to 5.

Nelly: If something makes me angry enough that I hold a grudge, I'm vocal about it. I don't even know how to be physical about it? Yeah, vocal.

Q: What's your favorite season?

• @typical_demigod Your explanation made perfect sense. Don't worry. :)

Benito: I taught the toddler to say some things that she probably should not have been saying in front of her babysitter ^_^
    Nelly: It was terrible. Dora looked ready to shoot him.

I can't quite say I blame her. :P

Gabrielle: "Depends on my level of anger. If it's momentary I'll usually let it go. If it's serious then there's a possibility I'll wordlessly kill the person. Because what is there to say, really? Unless I care about them enough that I can't physically kill them. Then I guess I just have to figuratively kill them."

Gerald: "Has that ever happened?"

Gabrielle: "None of the people I've actually loved in life have ever done anything that serious to me. I don't know if you noticed but 'love' status is not something that happens overnight with me. And that was true even before I was this emotionally fucked up."

Gerald: "I'm usually vocal. I've brawled a lot back in the day, but that was more a self-destructive thing than actual justified anger. Plus alcohol. And I don't do that anymore."

Johanna: "I try to let go."

Gerald: "No."

Johanna: "..."

Gerald: "Bottling up is not letting go. And all the broken bones in my right hand tell a very different story than the one you're spinning here." >.>

Johanna: "One time. I said I was sorry."

Gerald: "Actually your exact words were 'I shouldn't have done that', which is not an apology at all. I just took it because I'm nice that way."

Johanna: =.=

Gerald: grins

He's just asking for it now. >.>

Sebastian: "I try to let it go... but then, I don't think I've ever been angry at anyone I was in a position to physically harm. Maybe I'd done it if I could."

Kyle: "You did punch me in the head."

Sebastian: "True." :/

Dani: "I'm usually vocal, but it can escalate to physical."

Lena: "I'm more the silent contempt type of person unless I'm pushed or it's actually someone I hate. Then I'll be very vocal about it. And possibly physical."

Q: What's your favorite season?

Gabrielle: "Fall."

Gerald: "I think winter, but mostly because I have good memories of Creation Day."

Johanna: "Spring."

Sebastian: "Eeeeh... Same, I think."

Kyle: "I think we've already been over the fact I hate most seasons and weather in general." :/

Dani: "Fall. Apple season! Plus, crunchy leaf piles!"

Lena: "You make a fair point and I agree." nods

Q: Is there something you wanted to say to one of the other characters present that you never actually did?

• (Carrying over from the July edition:)
    @typical_demigod

So, my sister works at a movie theater, and a few years back, a romance movie came out. She was working in the box office and a guy from work came up and she was like, "oh, are you gonna see {newest big action movie}?" and he responded, spitefully, "no" and they went through a couple other movies before he was like "you know what, I'm gonna watch {romance movie}". He said it just because it was the last thing anyone expected. To which she was just like "oookaaayyyy"
    Fast forward an hour or so, and she's walking through the movie. There's an older guy who seems to be enjoying the film, maybe a couple?, and her coworker. Staring boredly. Obviously regretting his decision with all of his being but refusing to leave.

That made me laugh. Hard. xD

Michael: Why do you even like sweaters so much?
    Rus: shrugs
    Michael: There is a time and place for sweaters and you abuse the usage every single day. I swear.
    Rus: pulls on sweater and stares spitefully
    Michael: uncomfortable because it is not cool enough in the room for a sweater You're such a child sometimes.

Don't listen to Michael, Rus, own that sweater! ;D

@Blackbird

Ha. I remember trying to learn Elvish when I was in high school. I gave up, but I did learn runic writing. And we can add that to the list of things I completely forgot by now because at some point I lost interest. -.-

I once tried to figure out Gallifreyan, but I only got so far as decoding the alphabet and being able to write my name in it (and it's written in a from-the-bottom, counterclockwise circular style, soo...there's that? xD), though if I'm honest, I don't think there's an official Gallifreyan language for me to use. sigh

Kyle: "How many girls have you two dated? You're like a year older than us!"
    Sebastian: "In all fairness... They actually attend a school. With other people. Whereas you and me..." points at the other Hunters
    Kyle: sigh "When do we get permission to visit the cities?" -.-
    Gabrielle: "When I'm confident enough that you won't get yourselves killed."
    Kyle: "I'm going to die a virgin."
    Sebastian: snort--chuckle

Jenna: To be fair, we didn't date all of those girls, some of them were simply crushes that either went away, weren't acted on, or... ahem, got rejected...
    Jake: Like a certain Gina Remington?
    Jenna: (glares)
    Jake: (rolls his eyes and turns to Kyle) Tell you what, mate, if we're in your neck of the woods, or vice versa, we can sneak to the city or something and I'll be your wingman, if you want? :P

If I had the slightest bit of artistic talent I'd make this into a comic strip. I just find the thought of spiteful sweater wearing Rus hilariously endearing.

Same here pictures Rus and the Spiteful Sweater [tm] and breaks down giggling

Kyle: "I've seen you lick a..."
    Sebastian: "No one needs to know about that." o.O

Fallon: (perks up) No, no, no, we do need tae hear about that!
    Shaan: I am actually a little curious.
    Fallon: Tell us, Kyle, please! :C For the sake of humanity, we need tae know!
    Jenna: I...don't actually know if I want to know?

Q: Is there something you wanted to say to one of the other characters present that you never actually did?
    Jake: (looks around, pulling an innocent face) Not really?
    Jenna: Sure, Jake. (sighs; to Shaan) I might as well be honest, seeing as we're a team and we should be able to talk to each other, but I have two things. Firstly, I can accept that you're religious, and that's your right, but I can't help but question aspects of it that seem suspect to me. (to Izzy) Same with Christianity.
    Shaan: (nods) If you're worried about me because of your sexuality, then please don't. You know I don't hurt people over that sort of thing.
    Jenna: And that's the other thing I wanted to ask you about. You do realise, at some point or another, wether you like it or not, that you will (or have to) hurt somebody who isn't necessarily bad?
    Shaan: (expression goes stony) I don't intend on that being any time soon.
    Jenna: Shaan—(sees that this conversation is pretty much over, and sighs) Okay, I understand.
    Alex: (to himself) I do have something I've wanted to say, but I won't.
    Izzy: Who to?
    Alex: (flicks his fringe) Doesn't matter.
    Izzy: (knows it probably does matter) It's not really something I want to say specifically to one person, but I just want to remind you guys that there's only so much psychic noise I can block out for so long. If I get tension headaches or slip up on my concentration, I can't help it if I 'hear' things I don't want to hear.
    Jake: Not that I'm having a go or anything, but didn't you say earplugs seem to work?
    Izzy: They do, but I can't exactly pull those out all the time, not to mention they impair my actual hearing too.
    Fallon: And on that note, a quick PSA for you lot—Slowy-downy timey thing equals waiting longer, so dunnae expect me tae start waiting for ye like everyone else :3
    Jenna: Considering you once ran up a multi-storey car park and then proceeded to run up and down between telling us to, quote, "Hurry the fuck up," I believe that PSA was unnecessary.
    Fallon: (folds arms) And yet you didnae do that.
    Jenna: We weren't exactly in a rush to get to KFC?
    Fallon: You were walking. Do you know how fucking slow it is when I'm running and you're not? I'm pretty sure I lost a few pounds running up and down for twenty minutes!
    Alex: Five minutes.
    Fallon: (boggles) Five fucking minutes?! For you!?
    Shaan: Yup. I even had the stopwatch app going.
    Izzy: He did, Jake recorded it.
    Jake: (sheepishly) It was pretty funny.
    Jenna: (raises eyebrow expectantly) You have something to tell me, Jacob.
    Jake: Y'what?
    Jenna: (waits)
    Jake: Seriously, what're you on about?
    Jenna: (still waiting)
    Jake: (sighs) You know when we ran out of gyros and I told you Dessei had taken them for scientific inspection?
    Jenna: ...I knew it. You bastard.
    Jake: I'd just thrown some fire and lightning about, what else was there to eat!?
    Jenna: That was my lunchbox, you prick, you just didn't want to eat an apple!
    Jake: Apples are disgusting.
    Jenna: How!? It's a fruit! It's delicious!
    Izzy: I prefer pears.
    Fallon: God, no, pears are Satan! Give me oranges!
    Jake: (high fives Fallon)
    Shaan: Pears are okay, but grapes are better.
    Alex: Oh jesus, is this turning into a fruit fight?
    Fallon: Pick wisely, Harrison, name your fruit of choice, and we shall fight.
    Alex: Uhhhh (looks around wildly), uhhh, pineapples?
    Fallon: ...A wise choice, you shall be spared.
    Jenna: (internally, as the others start searching for fruit in the RAA room) What the fuck is going on?

Q: What is your favourite fruit? (CHOOSE WISELY, OR RISK THE WRATH OF THE PINEAPPLE!)

• @Blackbird yayyy

I think the last time I've tried to explain it was the last time you asked (which I don't even remember when that was) and I've worked out a lot more solid details since then but I'm usually terrible at explaining things XD

Gabrielle: ...Unless I care about them enough that I can't physically kill them. Then I guess I just have to figuratively kill them."

Is this her response whenever Jo brings up getting a cat?

Kyle: "I think we've already been over the fact I hate most seasons and weather in general." :/

Unfortunately for you, A/C does not exist in your world and you cannot avoid the world of weather at large.

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Same here pictures Rus and the Spiteful Sweater [tm] and breaks down giggling

Since none of us here can draw, I imagined it again in stick figure format XD

Nooooo don't make Shaan hurt someone D:

Rus: They are.

Benito: points at Nelly I love you points at Michael but I don't love you. You stress me out for no reason and put yourself in situations that you don't need to put yourself in.

Michael: It was once! And it was a worthy cause. You were thinking about doing it.

Benito: But did I?

Michael: No. Because I did it first. Anyway, that one thing doesn't make me stress you out all the time. There's no way.

Benito: I have to literally teach you shit.

Michael: ehhhh

Benito: Do you know how good I am at teaching? Or how much I actually want to do it? It's stressful to pretend that I both want to teach and I am good at teaching.

Michael: You're not terrible.

Benito: This is on top of pretending I can stand, and even like, being around most of the other people I know. I don't like most of them.

Nelly: pats on back It's okay.

Benito: It's really not, because it's exhausting.

Nelly: I know. But it's okay.

I should really pick a date in the timeline and stick with it for this thread because their responses are always wacky in terms of the timeline. They were discussing a situation Michael put himself in, but tbh, that was in Zhongmen. The teaching stuff all happens before Zhongmen.

Rus: Michael... you're not actually my best friend.

Michael: We've been over this.

Rus: Oh. Michael... You're not my second best friend, either.

Michael: We've been over this. And as I've said before, it's weird that you have a hierarchy of best friends, but it's not my place to say anything about that.

Rus: Oh. Michael...

Michael: Have I been downgraded!? Is that what you're building up to!? Who dunnit!?

Rus: No, you're still in fourth.

Michael: Then why are you going through this?

Rus: shrugs I've said everything I've ever wanted to say to you.

Michael: I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or not.

Rus: Well, I never did tell you thank you for visiting me in the hospital that one time.

Michael: Which time? pauses to think No, you've said thank you every time.

Rus: Not when your mom put me in anaphylactic shock. I was angry that time and I didn't say thank you.

Michael: I thought we were past this.

Rus: Now we are.

Nelly: You know, you drool, and that is just gross.

Benito: You snore and I don't say anything about it.

Nelly: I forewarned you that I snore. I informed you. You didn't tell me you drool and it's gross.

Benito: Why was that supposed to be on my mind?

Nelly: I don't like it. I wish it was possible to untrain that.

Benito: Of everything I do, and the one you want to untrain is that I drool when I'm asleep?

Nelly: More or less, yes.

Benito: You get angry at me because I take too long to respond to your texts and the thing you want to untrain is that I drool?

Nelly: When you put it in perspective, it's still, yes.

Michael: O_o How long do you take to respond to texts?

Benito: I forget but I still read it so that the notification goes away, but then the notification goes away so I don't have a reminder anymore to reply. :| It can be a while.

Michael: So, Lucas, I never said thank you for not suffocating me in work. I thought you were exaggerating about Robbins but you were not.

Benito: rolls eyes I told you.

Michael: And Shephyrus, I think I have to tell you that Dozzy is really annoying, but los is your friend, so I always kept it to myself.

Rus: Oh. Really?

Michael: To Cornelia over there, we never actually meet in-story, but you sound like a nice person.

Nelly: I never meet either of you two over there, so I can't say anything to you points at Rus, but you points at Michael sound like a pain.

Michael: looks at Benito as though he's been betrayed Why would you only tell her bad things about me?

Benito: You're such a drama queen.

Q: What is your favourite fruit? (CHOOSE WISELY, OR RISK THE WRATH OF THE PINEAPPLE!)

Rus: Beyond the apple, I haven't really had any fruits :P

Michael: I actually do like pineapple. On pizza, even. I'm not sure if it's my favorite fruit, but I do like it.

Benito: I've never had pineapple pizza.

Nelly: It's gross. Don't eat it.

Benito: still internally confused about this argument about pineapple on pizza but not willing to try any I would say dates are good. I try to always have a bag of them laying around, but I eat them all before I'm able to do that.

Nelly: cautiously Not a coconut?

Benito: gasps I forgot about those! Those are my favorite fruit, but you can't carry them around with you easily, either, you know? So for ease of access, definitely the date, but overall, the coconut.

Nelly: I love grapes.

Q: What's your favorite type of muffin?

• @shy_not_fly17

I once tried to figure out Gallifreyan, but I only got so far as decoding the alphabet and being able to write my name in it (and it's written in a from-the-bottom, counterclockwise circular style, soo...there's that? xD), though if I'm honest, I don't think there's an official Gallifreyan language for me to use. sigh

There are no words to express how cool I think this is. -.-

Fallon: (perks up) No, no, no, we do need tae hear about that!
    Shaan: I am actually a little curious.
    Fallon: Tell us, Kyle, please! :C For the sake of humanity, we need tae know!
    Jenna: I...don't actually know if I want to know?

Sebastian: "Ugh..." -.-

Kyle: "Let's just say one of the boys at the orphanage had a pet frog and leave the rest up to imagination."

Sebastian: "It wasn't that bad, though... It was better than when I was dared to eat that weird looking mushroom thing that one guy found. That, I'll admit, was almost life threatening."

Kyle: "You were extremely out of it. It wasn't fun for anyone involved."

Alex: (to himself) I do have something I've wanted to say, but I won't.
    Izzy: Who to?
    Alex: (flicks his fringe) Doesn't matter.

Alex needs to build up some confidence, I feel. :/

Dani: "How dare you, sir." huffs >.>

Lena: "Are you seriously acting offended over fruit?"

Dani: "Apples are delicious and that's a fact of life."

@typical_demigod

Is this her response whenever Jo brings up getting a cat?

Johanna: o.o

Gabrielle: "No. First, I wouldn't kill someone in any way over a cat. Second, by figuratively killing I meant cutting them completely out of my life."

I know people who can make really expressive stick figures. I'm not one of those people. -.-

Poor Michael. He'll forever be known as a pain. lol

fondly remembers Coconut Heist ^.^

Gabrielle: "Grapes." to the asker "Are you alright? You seem to be under the impression pineapples are capable of feeling and expressing anger."

Gerald: "I think that's some sort of figure of speech, Porter."

Gabrielle: "I'm just making sure."

Gerald: "Pears are my favorite fruit."

Johanna: "Blackberries."

Sebastian: "Watermelon."

Kyle: "I'm not too fond of fruit, but... I guess watermelon is okay."

Dani: "Apple. And to a lesser extent, peaches."

Lena: "Strawberries." pauses "Raisins." smirk

Dani: "Gross. Raisins are gross. I can't believe you'd actually indoctrinate our sister into eating them."

Lena: laughs "Indoctrinate!? I just let her try one. Twins sake."

Dani is a bit too passionate about fruit today. For some reason. Maybe she's hungry.

Q: Is there something you wanted to say to one of the other characters present that you never actually did? (doing this instead of the muffins, because I've already answered that one before ^^)

Gabrielle: "Hmmmm.... Okay. So here's what I'm going to do... I'm going to say something to one of my partners here..." points to Jo and Gerald "And I'm not going to specify which one of them it's meant for or go into details on what it's about. Because I trust that they'll know."

Johanna: "..."

Gerald: "Okay, interesting." shifts nervously

Gabrielle: "First of all, I love you. I think you're an amazing person and, despite everything, I'm extremely happy to have met you. That said, you're a coward, you're selfish and worse of all you're intentionally inflicting pain on yourself and others in your life because you simply decided you're not worth it and so you won't allow anyone else to express any significant form of love and affection towards you as if that's your decision to make. It's not. It shouldn't be. Especially not in this case."

Johanna: curls into a ball

Gerald: groans and rubs the bridge of his nose

Gabrielle: "And this is why we don't talk about it." smirk

Gerald: to Kyle "I don't think you'll ever be able to, in your right mind, kill another person; even a Wolf." to Sebastian "You on the other hand...You worry me."

Sebastian: "..."

Johanna: pats Sebastian on the head "Gerry... I... Uhm... Sorry I put rocks in your punching bag that one time."

Gerald: snort-chuckle "Well that wasn't so hard, was it?"

Sebastian: to Jo "You remind me of our sister and sometimes that bothers me."

Johanna: "I'm... Sorry?"

Sebastian: "Don't be. She was awesome."

Dani: "Okay... Okayokayokayokay... Eldric..."

Eldric: ???

Dani: "I've known you all my life and... I love you like a brother, I really do... But I honestly don't believe you're good enough for my sister."

Lena: "Whoa."

Eldric: "Mind if I ask why?"

Dani: "You're almost twenty years old and you're still sneaking around like a goddamn child because you're too afraid to come clean to your father when there is literally nothing he can do against you other than maybe act disappointed. If that small amount of confrontation is too much for you to handle I have to question whether you're actually even serious. I feel that you'd bail on her the moment this relationship requires you doing anything more than sitting on your ass and waiting for everything to solve itself. And you know what? I better be wrong, because if that happens I will; I swear on every Twin, murder you."

Eldric: "Alright then. That's... Uhm..." o.O

Lena: "You haven't said anything to mom either. About the engagement."

Dani: "I have literally nothing to lose by letting this stupidity drag on for another three years. I'm not sneaking around with anyone. It doesn't matter to me."

Eldric: "..."

Well then. That was something. o.O

Unlike Gabrielle who will canonically mind her own business... I have a feeling Dani might actually have a talk of this nature with Eldric at some point in the story.

Q: If one of your friends is doing something morally wrong, such as cheating on their significant other, do you tell them off or take their side no matter what?

• @Blackbird I think the key to emotive stick figures is knowing how to draw emojis as faces :P

Watermelon is flavorless :/

Dani is hangry (hungry+angry) really. I say that because of her reaction about fruit and then her speech to Eldric. (After reading that interaction with Eldric I was literally thinking in my head "preach girl!")

(doing this instead of the muffins, because I've already answered that one before ^^)

Noooooo! I was so sure we hadn't done muffins before.

Q: If one of your friends is doing something morally wrong, such as cheating on their significant other, do you tell them off or take their side no matter what?

Benito: If they're cheating on their significant other, they're lucky if I don't tell their significant other.

Nelly: I mean, I don't usually take their side, but I don't tell them off. I just kind of... let them live their life without my interference, if you get what I mean.

Benito: There are certain morally wrong things where I will tell them off and then I'll make sure that they can't do that morally wrong thing anymore.

Nelly: wonders what has happened that he is so passionate about this topic

Michael: It depends why, really. If they don't tell me why or their reason is utter BS then I will tell them off.

Rus: I mean... I don't know. I might give them advice about why they shouldn't be doing that thing, but I wouldn't necessarily tell them off.

Q: Do you like to garden?

• @typical_demigod Hm... True. I'm not even good typing emoji faces. ;(

Watermelon is flavorless :/

Sebastian: "You're flavorless." >.>

(Oh, wow, I don't think I've ever written two characters more perfect for each other than Dani and Seb snort)

Seriously though, watermelon is delicious, but it needs to be cold so it probably sucks in Valcrest. :P

Pretty sure we did muffins... Either that or my characters rambled about muffins for no reason. Both are possibilities.

Dani wouldn't straight go on about this out of the blue, if it comes up in the story it'll be after... things... But she does sure as hell think it on a regular basis.

And I could say something in Eldric's defense here, but spoilers. :P

Q: Do you like to garden?

Gabrielle: "Not really no."

Gerald: "Sometimes. But Jo does it most of the time because I have fifty other things to do."

Johanna: "And I like to."

Sebastian: "Not really. If Jo wants help with it I'll do it, but I don't really enjoy it. Or care."

Kyle: "I'm neutral about it."

Dani: "No. Although... We don't really do it much. Stuf just kind of grows where it wants in the forest." shrug

Lena: "Not much of a fan. No."

Q: Can you draw?

• @Blackbird I only know like 4 emoji faces. That makes it difficult to expression emotion just in typing, let alone on stick figures.

Sebastian: "You're flavorless." >.>

Deal with it.

That actually made me realize that Sebastian reminds me of someone I work with and I'm not sure how to feel about that :/

I would try some, but we already had a watermelon in the house recently and then it was eaten, and I'm not buying a whole watermelon just to see if my tastebuds will register watermelon-flavor.

Pretty sure we did muffins... Either that or my characters rambled about muffins for no reason. Both are possibilities.

It was probably both.

Ach! Not spoilers! D:<

All these non-gardeners. It's a good thing they have other people to do it for them.

Q: Can you draw?

Benito: I can, in fact. opens up some equivalent to Paint in tablet and starts to draw

Nelly: leans over to see what is being drawn I can't, not really. I've never really found the fun in it, though, so I've never tried to improve my ability.

Michael: I'm a terrible artist. I couldn't even draw a stick figure.

Rus: I do draw. No, you can't see it.

Benito: shows off drawing of a bright purple stick figure waving I told you I could draw.

Nelly: You should give it a mustache and bushy eyebrows.

Benito: does so with a bright red color so that they can be seen clearly

Nelly: ^_^ Send that to me.

Q: How often do you swear? If you don't swear often, what is something that makes you do so?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (August Edition):

That actually made me realize that Sebastian reminds me of someone I work with and I'm not sure how to feel about that :/

I'd say that unless you work with impulsive thirteen-year-olds, that sure says something about the person you work with. ^.-

Benito: shows off drawing of a bright purple stick figure waving I told you I could draw.
    Nelly: You should give it a mustache and bushy eyebrows.
    Benito: does so with a bright red color so that they can be seen clearly
    Nelly: ^_^ Send that to me.

That's adorable.

We can buy little pots of watermelon cubes for like two bucks in the supermarket. If it wasn't raining I'd go pick up one right now. >.>

I have an American friend who likes to put salt in watermelon too. I tried it. It's weird.

Q: How often do you swear? If you don't swear often, what is something that makes you do so?

Gabrielle: "I think you'll only ever hear me swear if I trust you enough not to measure my words with you. Also because it happens more often when I'm being playful than if I'm angry."

Gerald: "I don't know how much I swear. Swearing doesn't bother me and I don't measure my words all that much. I can be very creative if I want to insult someone, but on a regular basis if I do swear it happens naturally and I don't notice it."

Johanna: "Not much."

Sebastian: "Ever?"

Johanna: "Sometimes."

Kyle: "Porter doesn't like it when we swear."

Gabrielle: "If you want to speak like a man, then become one, Rivers."

Dani: "I call Lena a bitch sometimes. I don't think I've ever said anything graver than that."

Lena: "And you only say that much because you know I don't care. If you thought for a second you'd hurt my feelings you'd stop in a heartbeat."

Dani: "Well, I like you. So."

Lena: "True." snort "I don't mind swearing, but I don't do it very often. I will if I'm actually trying to insult someone or if I'm really really angry, though."

Q: Are you a jealous person?

• @Blackbird

I'd say that unless you work with impulsive thirteen-year-olds, that sure says something about the person you work with. ^.-

No. Though I can imagine him as being impulsive as thirteen year old :P He just kind of has the same temperament, if that makes sense.

We can buy little pots of watermelon cubes for like two bucks in the supermarket. If it wasn't raining I'd go pick up one right now. >.>

I'm surprised we don't have that here? Maybe we do and I've never seen them? It seems like a great idea to have them here (about everyone I know loves, or at least likes, watermelon) but I've only ever seen them whole.

I've heard of salt on watermelon and it just sounds weird. I don't think I know anyone who's done it.

Q: Are you a jealous person?

Nelly: Eeeeeh. It depends what the thing is I'm supposed to be jealous of, but I can be a jealous person, yes.

Benito: Not really.

Rus: I'm a very jealous person. A lot of people don't seem to think that I am, but those are the same people that don't know the difference between me being grumpy because I'm legitimately tired and me being grumpy because I have to deal with them.

Michael: questions how many times he was told "I'm just tired" and it was actually a lie Um... sometimes? It comes in random spurts and it's usually over stupid stuff, like, "Why does Nora Robertson have a better fridge than me?"

Benito: Because you didn't invest in a better fridge.

Michael: Exactly. It's stupid to be jealous but I will still be jealous over Nora Robertson's fridge.

Q: Who was an influential person in shaping who you are today?

• @typical_demigod

As someone who's live with a broken fridge for months, I can understand fridge envy all too well. >.>

Q: Who was an influential person in shaping who you are today?

Gabrielle: "Still my father."

Gerald: "Did we get asked this one already too?"

Gabrielle: "Well, probably not exactly this, but something along these lines."

Gerald: "Well... My mom, I guess. My dad too, but I spent more time with my mom after I joined the military. I couldn't be going to the Shadows camp that often."

Johanna: "Alton..."

Gerald: "Was that your fiancee?"

Johanna: shakes head "His brother. He trained me."

Gerald: "Oh. Blade master, was he?"

Johanna: "Something like that." smiles

Sebastian: "Our sister."

Kyle: shrug "We didn't have anyone else, really. Dad was there for the most part, but... He didn't actually do much to raise us, if I'm to be perfectly honest."

Sebastian: "I'd rather not talk about dad."

Kyle: sigh "Okay."

Dani: "Mom." shrug

Lena: "Mom, yes." sigh "It's kind of hard to find a more creative answer to this kind of question, I mean, your parents are supposed to shape the person you become. It's their job, really." shrug

Dani: "Well, not all parents do their jobs."

Lena: "True." :/

Q: What comes to mind when you think of the word 'adorable'?

• @typical_demigod

raises a tentative hand I can draw? I mean, the quality is questionable, and I'm a little bad imagining people exactly to draw them, but I can do it provided I make the effort to get off my metaphorical ass :3

Nooooo don't make Shaan hurt someone D:

I really don't want do, bless him, but I might have to, seeing as my job is literally to make fictional people suffer xD Thankfully, it's still up in the air at this point just how badly it'll get for him and the others, because procrastination + perfectionism = no plot :P

Rus: They are.

Jake: (gestures) Thank you.
    Jenna: Malophobe.
    Jake: Did you just make up a nonsense word?
    Jenna: From the latin word for apple, yes, screw you.
    Jake: (Googles 'latin for apple') Malum is also latin for 'evil'. (smirks) This is the part where you say 'oops' and admit defeat.
    Jenna: Gigglemugging podsnappery.
    Jake: O_o You're a...gigglefugging...podsnap... (trails off in confusion)

I should really pick a date in the timeline and stick with it for this thread because their responses are always wacky in terms of the timeline. They were discussing a situation Michael put himself in, but tbh, that was in Zhongmen. The teaching stuff all happens before Zhongmen.

To be fair, my characters are answering from limbo at an unknown point in time, where nothing has both happened and not happened. For the sake of this, it's probably after they've learnt to work together; although, I think I called the twins fourteen in an earlier post, and I'm guesstimating they're answering in late 2035, when they'd be fifteen, so...meh. It happens. Just say A Wizard Did It, like I do xD

Michael: To Cornelia over there, we never actually meet in-story, but you sound like a nice person.
    Nelly: I never meet either of you two over there, so I can't say anything to you points at Rus, but you points at Michael sound like a pain.
    Michael: looks at Benito as though he's been betrayed Why would you only tell her bad things about me?
    Benito: You're such a drama queen.

Alex: Huh. (turns to the others) I don't think you guys ever meet my brothers in-story...
    Jake: (blinks) Wait, what?
    Alex: Well, it's not like they're major characters or anything, I guess, but—
    Jenna: (holding up her hands) Wait, dial this back a bit... (holds hands together) What do you mean, exactly, by in-story?
    Shaan: Did neither of you read the note?
    Fallon: (frowns) What note?
    Izzy: (points at the piece of paper peeking out from under an empty takeaway box) That note.
    Jenna: (picks it up and begins to read) I honestly have no idea what you're—WHAT THE FUCK!? (spark flies out of her hair)
    Fallon: (jumps from the minor electric shock) Let me read! (snatches it out of her hands and speed reads) ...Jesus Christ...
    Jake: (nervously joking) Okay, if Jenna's freaking the fuck out, and Fallon's gone catatonic, then I'm assuming this is the universe's way of saying 'Prepare your asscheeks'?
    Yes.
    Jake: O_O what the fuck.

...I may have just rendered half of my characters speechless?
    Alex: Well, sucks to be them, they should've read the note when we came in here to answer questions.
    But still...
    Shaan: They know now. That's what matters, I s'pose?
    Izzy: I'm surprised Jenna of all people didn't read it, though. (sighs) Hey, why don't you time travel to about half an hour from now? I'm sure they'll be calm by then.

@Blackbird

There are no words to express how cool I think this is. -.-

It wasn't that cool... :3 I should probably qualify that by 'decoding', I actually meant 'stumble across an infographic on the internet that had the Gallifreyan alphabet as well as some punctuation to go with it'.

Sebastian: "Ugh..." -.-
    Kyle: "Let's just say one of the boys at the orphanage had a pet frog and leave the rest up to imagination."
    Sebastian: "It wasn't that bad, though... It was better than when I was dared to eat that weird looking mushroom thing that one guy found. That, I'll admit, was almost life threatening."
    Kyle: "You were extremely out of it. It wasn't fun for anyone involved."

Jenna: (still shaking off the broken pieces of Fourth Wall) Why does that sound like something Jake would do?
    Jake: Actually, I think you'll find I draw the line at 'putting strange things in my mouth'. (stares off into space) Does this mean our entire lives have been a big fat lie? I'm just doomed to an eternity of being a puppet on a string by an evil, manipulative being?
    Jenna: Jacob, I swear to God, don't make us both go through an existential crisis.
    Shaan: That's not what she said, though? She just writes down what happens to us.
    Fallon: ...I guess so?
    Jake: (stares blankly into space again)
    Alex: (to Izzy, who's looking very uncomfortable) What's he thinking?
    Izzy: In between the screaming? (sighs) He's wondering if that means he's never actually been alone when he's naked.
    Alex: ...I regret asking.

Alex needs to build up some confidence, I feel. :/

Yeah, Alex isn't great when it comes to being confident, but he'll get better with time :)

Dani: "How dare you, sir." huffs >.>
    Lena: "Are you seriously acting offended over fruit?"
    Dani: "Apples are delicious and that's a fact of life."

Jake: (suddenly snapping back into reality) Apples suck! If you love them so much, why don't you shove them up your—
    Jenna: Jacob, that's out of order, even with all things considered. Apologise to Dani.
    Jake: Fine, I'm sorry. But I'm not backing down on apples.

Gabrielle: "Grapes." to the asker "Are you alright? You seem to be under the impression pineapples are capable of feeling and expressing anger."

I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much, Gabe. I just happened to have finished a small Psych binge. Add that onto the topic of fruit... Yeah. I have a problem when it comes to pineapples...

Ahh, we have those, too; you usually find them in the meal deal section with the sandwiches and drinks and snacks. Personally, though, I prefer the pineapple pieces... O_O Pineapples...
    Never heard of watermelon + salt, but it sounds disgusting.

Alex: Izzy.
    Fallon: Izzy.
    Jake: Koalas.
    Jenna: Kittens.
    Shaan: Tiny things...like Izzy :3
    Izzy: O_o I swear, you're only saying that to mess with me. (smiles hopefully) At least the twins have their own answers?
    Jake: Ah.
    Izzy: Ah?
    Jenna: You're...the second thing that comes to mind when we think of 'adorable'.
    Jake: Yeah, you kinda are... (realises) Isadorable.
    Fallon: (leaps up) Oh my god, how did we not see that before!?
    Alex: I know! :O
    Izzy: (puts her head in her hands) God, help me.
    Shaan: (carefully holds his hand out in sympathy) We'll think of some puns, don't worry.
    Izzy: (tiny smile) I will have my reJenge.

Q: How do you feel about puns, and what is the best pun you've ever heard?

• @Blackbird Ugh, that sounds terrible.

Gerald: "Did we get asked this one already too?"

You have been here long enough that you have received many questions before. I apologize, but I'm not the most creative asker in the world. I really don't need reminded.

@Shy_Not_Fly17

raises a tentative hand I can draw? I mean, the quality is questionable, and I'm a little bad imagining people exactly to draw them, but I can do it provided I make the effort to get off my metaphorical ass :3

Ah, I was under the impression of the opposite, sorry :P It's still humorous to imagine.

I really don't want do, bless him, but I might have to, seeing as my job is literally to make fictional people suffer xD Thankfully, it's still up in the air at this point just how badly it'll get for him and the others, because procrastination + perfectionism = no plot :P

I mean... you can make him suffer in other ways.

I never would've guessed that losing the fourth wall would be so traumatizing and hilarious at the same time.

Ahh, we have those, too; you usually find them in the meal deal section with the sandwiches and drinks and snacks.

Okay, so we have to have those here and I've just never seen them before. I would be more shocked if we didn't have them, at this point.

What would Izzy do without friends?

Benito: Have I shown you pictures of my sister's kids before?

Michael: The ones that you taught to curse?

Benito: Well, they're the only ones I have, so I would assume as much. And I didn't teach the baby. He's too young. And my older niece already knows that it's inappropriate to say those words.

Nelly: Those kids are adorable, but we have a language barrier and I can never be one hundred percent sure that they like me. :/

Benito: waves hand They love everyone.

Nelly: Puppies are adorable.

Rus: Usually baby creatures are adorable.

Michael: Usually.

You realize how terrible I am with puns, don't you?

googles puns and comes to a Buzzfeed article Well I guess it worked out anyway.

Rus: I find puns amusing. It takes energy to think of them, in my experience. Best pun... I don't know. The one on the top of my head is: What's the worst thing about planning a party in space?

Michael: what?

Rus: You have to planet.

Michael:

Benito: I don't get puns. When I do get them, it takes me five minutes after everyone else has already moved on.

Nelly: I'm neutral to puns, but my sister loves them for some reason? She made a joke that when chemists die you have to barium. pause The only element I remembered anything about in chemistry was barium.

Q: If you could change one physical characteristic about yourself, what would it be?

• @typical_demigod If it helps, I'm not particularly creative in my questions, either. I suppose having the characters go off on random tangents helps?

Ah, I was under the impression of the opposite, sorry :P It's still humorous to imagine.

No problem! ^-^ It's not like I've referenced my drawing 'skills' before, anyway.

I mean... you can make him suffer in other ways.

That's true, but then there's something a little poetic about having to make a nigh-pacifist who wants to help people choose between remaining a nigh-pacifist and helping people...

I never would've guessed that losing the fourth wall would be so traumatizing and hilarious at the same time.

Me neither, but it was fun to write :P

Benito: Have I shown you pictures of my sister's kids before?
    Michael: The ones that you taught to curse?
    Benito: Well, they're the only ones I have, so I would assume as much. And I didn't teach the baby. He's too young. And my older niece already knows that it's inappropriate to say those words.

I'm pretty sure I've said something similar before, but Benito is totally That Cool But Slightly Rebellious Uncle xD

You realize how terrible I am with puns, don't you?

Well, it is my job to make you groan, as Pungeon Master; I mean, I didn't spend forty minutes straight making puns with my friends the other day to remain a novice :P
    laughs awkwardly I am terrible.

Q: If you could change one physical characteristic about yourself, what would it be?
    Jake: (subconsciously touches his nose) Nothing, really.
    Izzy: (fiddling) Maybe if I could be taller?
    Fallon: Nah, I told you before, you'll have your growth spurt soon enough.
    Shaan: At least you won't be... Fallon over if you walk under a low beam. Eh?
    Fallon: What.
    Alex: ... (hesitantly sidesteps the pun) You might as well ask me what I'd keep.
    Shaan: It would be Lex of me to ignore the fact that the question is what one thing you'd change c-:
    Alex: Uhhh o-o I'd be less skinny?
    Fallon: You do look like a human beanpole.
    Alex: (raises an eyebrow) You realise I could've just made a horrible snarky comment to that?
    Fallon: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, and I dunnae want to hear it, by the way. But I think if I could change one thing, it'd be my thighs.
    Jenna: Your thighs?
    Fallon: They're too thick.
    Jake: Don't you mean...thicc?
    Alex: (twitches) Get out of here with your outdated memes, you hipster, sir.
    Jake: (grins) I shall not, good sir, for I am the Prince of Hipsters.
    Jenna: (under her breath) Why are you my brother? (rolls her eyes) ANYWAY, I don't really wish I could change anything. Maybe that my feet were the exact same size?
    Jake: (frowns) Miss Perfect has oddly-sized feet, and I never knew this?
    Jenna: Yep, and you never knew because you're an idiot.
    Shaan: (suddenly) My dad used to have a Jakebox, but then he sold it and started collecting vinyl.
    Jake: ...Shaan, what are you doing?
    Izzy: (giggling)
    Shaan: If you'd shattered the lights after your existential crisis, does that mean you'd have to become a Jennarator?
    Jenna: (baffled look) I honestly have no idea what's going on.
    Izzy: PUNS! :D (high fives Shaan)
    Alex: ...Have we been sent to Hell? (looks up) Is this our punishment, Possibly-Existant God? Are we going to spend eternity being tortured by puns?
    Izzy: If that were true, we'd be in the pungeons right now (;
    Jenna: (looks at Alex) You just had to say that, didn't you?

Q: What would you consider to be your worst punishment?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 On occasion, the random tangents do lead to some topic, which is helpful XD

That's true, but then there's something a little poetic about having to make a nigh-pacifist who wants to help people choose between remaining a nigh-pacifist and helping people...

I mean, yes, but is that really the best excuse you can make for making the poor guy have to hurt people?

Well, it is my job to make you groan, as Pungeon Master; I mean, I didn't spend forty minutes straight making puns with my friends the other day to remain a novice :P

After this post, I'm hiring you for every pun I need to make.

Izzy: (fiddling) Maybe if I could be taller?
    Fallon: Nah, I told you before, you'll have your growth spurt soon enough.

...or so you hope ._.

I take it Alex doesn't enjoy puns too much, huh?

Rus: talking really fast Probably just "hey you can chill in that small room for a while alone with barely any food or water" that's the worst.

Michael: pats his back

Rus: slightly more calm Or dried food. Yeah, let's go with dried food. Ignore the first one. Dried food is the worst.

Michael: under breath Liar. audibly Um... Maybe being stuck in a crappy colony twenty light years from home for much, much, much longer than your supposed to be?

Benito: Mm, I agree, but is that a punishment or a reasonable consequence to your decision to go to that planet in the first place?

Michael: How is that a reasonable consequence?

Benito: Given the circumstances, the other reasonable consequence is that your dead. Which one would you prefer? Stuck in colony run by invading aliens or dead by invading aliens in colony?

Michael: I mean, obviously I want to be alive, I'm just saying, occupation was not forewarned before we got to Zhongmen.

Benito: No, but when it came to it, it was a reasonable consequence.

Michael: sighs Fine. Worst punishment? Can I give the worst punishment I've given? What about the time I was an angry twelve year old and I erased all of the computer history and cookies on my parents' devices, and the watch history of every show my parents watched, just because they did something I didn't like?

Rus: How are you not dead? What did they even do?

Michael: shrugs I don't know. I forgot. It's definitely the worst punishment I've ever given. Worst punishment I've ever received, since stuck on alien planet doesn't count, is whenever people tell me they're disappointed in me.

Nelly: How about the time I got tricked into playing video games for four hours and no one would let me leave?

Benito: What was the catch?

Nelly: I had been out socializing all day and then my little brother and little sister made me play video games with them for four hours and didn't let me leave.

Benito: Which little sister?

Nelly: Bailey.

Benito: Oh, then that sounds fun.

Nelly: I had been out socializing for four hours beforehand. I was exhausted. Sitting there for four hours was more exhausting. And they were grumpy at me for being grumpy. When they were the ones who didn't let me leave.

Benito: Oh. If you weren't an introvert, I bet that would've been fun. Me? My worst punishment is probably that I'm insomniac.

Q: Regular milk or chocolate milk? If you don't have chocolate milk in your world, then Q: Milk or hot cocoa? If you don't have either of those in your world, then I dunno what to tell you.

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: (gestures) Thank you.
    Jenna: Malophobe.
    Jake: Did you just make up a nonsense word?
    Jenna: From the latin word for apple, yes, screw you.

As much as I appreciate Jenna's comeback... Fear of apples is commonly called malusdomesticaphobia after what I think is the scientific nomenclature of orchard apples. Which apparently some people argue that it's not. And I'm not calling my biologist brother over this. So I'm gonna just accept it. :P

Izzy: In between the screaming? (sighs) He's wondering if that means he's never actually been alone when he's naked.

Johanna: whispers "What?" o.o

Gerald: stares "Is this a thing you do?"

...Let's not go there.

Johanna: o.o internally screaming

Great, you broke your characters AND mine. Lovely. >.>

Jake: (suddenly snapping back into reality) Apples suck! If you love them so much, why don't you shove them up your—

Dani: raises eyebrow "Uhm... Make me? I'd love to see you try. I'm a trained assassin and your powers don't work here."

Lena: "You're not fighting this child..." points at Jake "Over fruit."

Dani: "He's only a year younger than me... Maybe."

Lena: "Still."

Dani: "Ugh, fine."

I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much, Gabe. I just happened to have finished a small Psych binge. Add that onto the topic of fruit... Yeah. I have a problem when it comes to pineapples...

Johanna: "Don't call her Gabe. Only I can do that." >.>

Gerald: snort

Ahh, we have those, too; you usually find them in the meal deal section with the sandwiches and drinks and snacks. Personally, though, I prefer the pineapple pieces... O_O Pineapples...

Gabrielle: "I'm genuinely concerned for you. I mean that." :/

Mango slices. I buy all the little pots of mango slices in the summer and then I put them in the freezer for 5min before eating. TOO GOOD.

Watermelon with salt is actually not disgusting. It's not much of anything in fact and I have no idea why people even do it.

Shaan... Those were horrible and I think you should seek help.

@typical_demigod

Benito: I don't get puns. When I do get them, it takes me five minutes after everyone else has already moved on.

Meeeee....

One of our RPers posted a meme in the RP's forum once that was a cat dressed like a pirate and it said "Meowtiny!" and I LOLed about it three pages of conversation later. >.>

Rus: I find puns amusing. It takes energy to think of them, in my experience. Best pun... I don't know. The one on the top of my head is: What's the worst thing about planning a party in space?
    Michael: what?
    Rus: You have to planet.

I love this. lol

Nelly: How about the time I got tricked into playing video games for four hours and no one would let me leave?

I just call that a Saturday. >.>

Gabrielle: "I don't hate them. I just don't understand why they're funny."

Gerald: "One of our military instructors liked to ask us questions while we were in the middle of sparring. To keep us on our toes or something. And one afternoon he asked us what's the first course of action if a member of the royal family goes missing. And the guy I was sparring with shouted 'follow the foot prince, sir!'. No one laughed and I whacked him on the head with a training sword. Which I believe is a fitting punishment if there ever was one." pause "He's a Knight now." >.>

Sebastian: snort "I thought that was good."

Johanna: "What did the eighty-year-old pirate say?"

Gerald: "Oh boy."

Johanna: "Aye matey."

Kyle: snort "That was horrible."

Sebastian: "The first time people saw nightfall in Valcrest, they wondered where the sun went. Then it dawned on them."

Johanna: snort

Gerald: "Kill me now." -.-

Sebastian: "Some scholars say Time could see the past present and future all at the same time. Must have been tense."

Kyle: groan

Johanna: "Why do thieves hate puns?"

Sebastian: "Why?"

Johanna: "They take things literally."

Sebastian: "Ha!"

Gabrielle: "You two need some time apart. Right now." -.-

Dani: "I like puns, but I'm not good at them." :/

Lena: "Puns make me physically angry." >.>

Gabrielle: "Hmph... I'd like to not be color blind. Does that count?"

Gerald: "I'd say it counts." pause "Eh..."

Gabrielle: "Didn't you literally say you wish you were less attractive, Tucker?"

Gerald: "That's not what I said. I said I wish others didn't find me attractive. As in, they'd stop thinking it's okay to just approach me." snort "I can't grow an actual beard because my facial hair is way darker than my head hair and it looks really stupid. So that."

Johanna: "Your eyebrows are too."

Gerald: "Well, I can't shave that." >.>

Johanna: mumbles "It's cute though."

Kyle: "Seb said I can't grow a beard because of my burn scar."

Sebastian: "You can grow a beard, but I'm pretty sure you'll end up with a bald patch if you do. I mean, I think I read that hair won't grow over burn scars. I'm not 100% on that though."

Kyle: "Hm... Well, that sucks."

Dani: "I'm pale as sin and I burn like a tomato. And it's annoying."

Lena: "I'd make myself a bit taller maybe? Other than that, I'm okay with my appearance really."

Gabrielle: "I see what you did there. And I don't like it." -.-

Gerald: "Not sure if we should take this seriously or just roll our eyes at it and move on."

Johanna: "I was arrested once." draws a tiny salt shaker next to a knife "A salt with a deadly weapon." smirk

Gabrielle: "..."

Johanna: draws a stick figure jumping out a window "But I got away because I'm an escape artist."

Sebastian: chuckles

Johanna: "True story." nods

Gerald: baffled "Did you steal my sketchbook!?"

Johanna: "I didn't look. Promise." smiles

Gerald: O_<

Johanna: silently hands Gerald the sketchbook. >.>

Dani: "Exile, I guess? That's the worst punishment we have in my opinion."

Lena: "Exile is worse to you than execution."

Dani: "Yes."

sigh Welp, I think now I know where Sebastian got the pun habit from. Also, I feel dirty don't make me do that again. >.>

Q: Milk or hot cocoa?

Gabrielle: "I don't... Like... Milk." >.>

Gerald: "Seriously?"

Gabrielle: shrugs "I mean, I like things that have milk in it, like cakes, cheese, butter, whatever, but I don't like drinking it."

Johanna: "That's not a real question."

Kyle: "Jo's right. That's not a real question. No one would choose milk over cocoa."

Dani: "Cocoa. If we can get the chocolate to make it that is."

Lena: "Tea." >.>

Q: Do you like vegetables?

• @Blackbird

Shaan... Those were horrible and I think you should seek help.

Okay but... have you ever heard a good pun? Like, there are some that are more amusing than others, but in the end... they're all horrible.

I support Sebastian picking up a pun habit from Johanna.

Gabrielle: "Hmph... I'd like to not be color blind. Does that count?"

gets nosy what kind of colorblind?

Q: Do you like vegetables?

Nelly: That's... vague.

Benito: I do.

Nelly: Some, but not all.

Rus: Honestly I'm still confused about the difference between a fruit and a vegetable. Why can't we just say they both provide some sort of sustenance and call it a day?

Michael: It's hard to give a straight 'yes' or 'no' so I'll go with 'some'.

Q: Chocolate cake or strawberry cake?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (August Edition):

Okay but... have you ever heard a good pun? Like, there are some that are more amusing than others, but in the end... they're all horrible.

Personally, I'm all for horrible things (I'm reading and taking notes on Twilight for a review right now, in fact), but I'm just saying, these guys are young and they can still save themselves. >.>

gets nosy what kind of colorblind?

Honestly, I have no idea. Because all she's ever mentioned (on this thread and nowhere else) is she 'confuses colors a lot', and as a color blind myself I know that can mean either of the two most common types of color blindness depending on the specific colors you mix up. What I do know is that she's not color blind. So there's that. :P

If it was important to the story in any way I'd probably give her the same type of color blindness I have to make it easier to write, but since it's not I'm keeping it undefined for now.

Michael: It's hard to give a straight 'yes' or 'no' so I'll go with 'some'.

Fair enough.

Q: Chocolate cake or strawberry cake?

Gabrielle: "I'd really like to combine the two. Is that an option?" >.>

Gerald: "I vote yes. And I agree."

Johanna: "Strawberry and cream, though."

Kyle: "Chocolate!"

Sebastian: "Strawberry."

Dani: "Apple." -.-

Lena: "Oh, come on now."

Dani: "That's my answer. Deal with it."

Lena: "You'd never, in your life, say no to chocolate cake."

Dani: "But we never have chocolate though! And I don't like strawberries that much. So apple." >.>

Lena: "I like strawberries." shrug

I actually had some apple cake today and it was freaking amazing. :P

Q: If you could pick one really expensive and completely selfish purchase to make right now and were given the money to do it, what would you buy?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.