Sort by tags

• I notice that there is the option to add tags to your elements, which is great. But is there a way to sort the elements by the tags? As in order them by tag alphabetically, or by including or excluding from view elements with certain tags? This would go a long way in helping to find elements.

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hi there, sorting by tags is a great suggestion! I've added it to our list of desired features. Until then, you should be able to filter elements by tags by using the search box in the element list of a world (not in the timeline). Let me know if it works :)

• It doesn't seem to be. I can add a tag, and pressing enter has it pop up above the tags bar as expected. But when I save the element and go to search by it, nothing comes up. Going back into the element and clicking edit again to view the tags (unable to view them by editing), the tag says [object Object]. So perhaps an issue with saving it?

You're absolutely right, there was an issue with tags that would result in them being saved as "[object Object]". I fixed it this morning, so should be working as expected now. Unfortunately you'll have to re-add the tags that are showing as "[object Object]", ie. delete them and add correct ones, so sorry for the inconvenience!

• The issue is still occurring. I deleted the tag. Saved it. Went back into edit and added the tag again. Saved. But it was still saved as [object Object].

I also tried it with an element created 4 hours ago (so it should have been created after the fix), but the issue also occurred on that as well, so it's not just related to older elements.

• @emeraldeye said in Sort by tags:

Went back into edit and added the tag again. Saved. But it was still saved as [object Object].

I've had this problem too. I don't know if it still does that because the last time I tried was at least a day or two ago.

Hi both, sorry you're still having trouble with this. We're unable to reproduce the issue, so could I ask you to try and refresh the application? Usually Ctrl+Shift+R will do a so-called "hard" refresh which fetches the newest version from the servers.

• Ctrl+Shift+R worked! Thank you :)

And yes, with tags being saved properly it is now possible to search via tags.

Great! Glad to hear it works :)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.