Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition)

• @typical_demigod

Benito: I don't think they use real fire at all. If they do, common sense dictates using suits, and in this scenario, you don't get one of those suits, because you aren't a stunt person on TV.

Jake: But how would you know I'm not a stunt person on TV? (puzzled) Why are we talking about this, again? I forgot.
    Jenna: (facepalms)

Talking serious for a moment, I don't think there is one correct way to pronounce scone, or at least, both pronunciations used are technically correct. Depends on the regional accent/dialect, really. Here in my area of England, I've almost always heard it as sc-OH-ne (like the 'o' in 'Cheerios'). I suppose you could ask a whole room of Brits about it for the lols, though :P

(xD That's funny, in the UK, we usually call them trolleys. I think there might be some places that call them otherwise, but I can't recall)

It can be removed for stealth, and honestly, I get the vibe that many of her clothes don't have pockets, and most hoodies have pockets, so it's actually very practical.

That's a good point. And yeah, I've never really pictured her as the kind of person to have lots of pockets.

I'm [attempts to count the exact number because I'm too lazy to copy-paste] 99.9999999% sure that that fact is untrue.

Perhaps there are just random statisticians floating in the void of space right now, being killed off one-by-one by fake news (or, 'alternative facts', if you prefer) and memes? :P

I've now given myself the amusing image of statisticians zooming through space in Russell's Teapot. Thank you, brain :)

I'm okay with apples themselves, but most desserts involving apples I find gross.

GASP! (Apple pie and apple crumble are the shit, how could you say that? xD)

Nelly: I'd make red velvet cake and I would frost it and if I was feeling really creative I'd find the icing tip to make flowers and I'd make them all different colours.

Nelly, I love you xD (and I love red velvet too!)

Q: Would you keep a hamster as a pet?
    Alex: (offended) WILBURRRRRR! (said cat actually shows up and curls up in his lap) There you are, you silly thing. (gently scratches Wilbur's chin) Uhhh, what was I going to say? Oh yeah, no to hamsters. Even without all the noisy nocturnal stuff, Wilbur would probably claw at it all the time.
    Fallon: Is it bad tempered or something?
    Alex: No, it's just...I don't think that's a good idea. (to Wilbur) Unless you stop bringing in dead things from the garden, huh, Fluffball?
    Fallon: I'd rather get a dog. Maybe a collie?
    Jake: Nah, I've heard those are bare nasty. (to Jenna) What're those dog-like creatures scarthians sometimes hunt with?
    Jenna: I believe they're skrargas, if I'm not mistaken?
    Jake: Cooool. I wonder if you could domesticate them?
    Shaan: (stares at him) Those six-foot beasts with claws as long as your fingers? Are you joking?
    Jake: They're cool, man, why not?
    Jenna: I'd rather we kept a hamster than an undomesticated alien predator in our bedroom, Jacob.
    Shaan: (shakes head in disbelief) I'd like to keep a hamster, but knowing me it would be crushed within days. Even if that wasn't a problem, my parents don't like pets.
    Jenna: Ignoring the question of wether your parents would approve, it's not as if you'd be flinging it across the room all the time.
    Izzy: (imagines a chubby-faced hamster going splat against a wall) Please don't do that! :C
    (NOTE: I just imagined that as well, and I did not just begin to tear up and giggle in horror at the same time, I swear!)
    Shaan: (noticing her tone) I would never, I promise! I'd just be worried because I went to a friend's house once, before...the accident, and I spent the whole time sat on the floor with his hamster, stroking it—because it was that soft. (smiles) He had to take it away from me when I went :3
    Izzy: (feels a bit better) I'd definitely keep a hamster. I think Oreo wouldn't mind a new friend, either.
    Alex: (still petting Wilbur, who's purring) Who's Oreo?
    Izzy: Our springer spaniel. (shows them all a picture on her phone) She's absolutely adorable, isn't she? :D
    (One can hear a collective 'aww!' from [most of] the group)
    Shaan: I'm not comfortable around dogs...but she is cute, I s'pose :3

(EDIT: Because I'm an idiot and almost skipped a post:)
    @Blackbird How are raisins a sin!? Raisins are lovely :C I will agree with you a little on sushi; I once tried some nigiri (not the same as sushi, exactly, I know), but I thought the rice was really tasteless and bland. I ended up eating the salmon and king prawns on top of them and leaving the rice x3 I probably needed to stick some wasabi sauce on it or something, but eh.

Gabrielle: "No."

Dammit Gabrielle, let them have hamsters! :C

Jo could totally just sneak a pet behind her back too, but she's being nice about it.

Awww, what would she get if she did, though?

Q: Do you have a favorite saying or quote?
    Jenna: (hisses through teeth) Damn, I can think of three quotes that I love...
    Jake: I think I know which ones you're on about, but go on?
    Jenna: The first one is, "There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest." That's Elie Wiesel, I believe. The second one was said by Gandhi about "conquering untruth by truth", which I can't believe I've forgotten so much of. And the third...well, "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."
    Alex: You've read GoT?
    Jenna: The whole thing.
    Alex: (quite impressed, given how much of a doorstopper the series is) Later, I'm gonna ask you which characters you liked the most, okay?
    Jake: (coughs) Nerds. (normally) Can't say I'm surprised, Jen. Now me, I've always liked that "Some dance to remember, some dance to forget," lyric from...(snaps fingers, trying to remember) 'Hotel California'.
    Jenna: Another one from Dad's collection, I presume?
    Jake: Of course :P
    Izzy: The "I Have A Dream" speech Martin Luther King Jr. made. It's a little cliché of me to say, I know, but I like it :3 Oh, and "You reap what you sow". I can't remember who it's by.
    Fallon: Why that second one? I'd have thought you'd go for something more cheerful.
    Izzy: It is, in a way; if you sow kindness, you reap it too.
    Shaan: (pursing his lips) I like a lot of quotes. Nelson Mandela said that if people can learn to hate, people can learn to love, too. Quite a lot of the things Malala Yousafzai said are great as well. But I think my favourite...is "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
    Alex: (sheepish) Everyone's really digging deep with this question, aren't they?
    Fallon: Dunnae speak so soon, Lex. Mine's "When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes."
    Alex: (laughs) Uhh, crap, what would mine be? Oh, I've got it! Ahem: "As useless as nipples on a breastplate."
    Jenna: Another GoT quote?
    Alex: (smiles wryly) That, and a reference to that ridiculous Batman movie.
    (NOTE: I've not read all of GoT. I need to.)

Q: Say something snarky, if you can? :P

• @shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

Alex: (laughs) Uhh, crap, what would mine be? Oh, I've got it! Ahem: "As useless as nipples on a breastplate."
    Jenna: Another GoT quote?
    Alex: (smiles wryly) That, and a reference to that ridiculous Batman movie.

Alex is now my favorite. Despite reminding me of that movie that shall not be named. >.>

I haven't read all GoT either. Although, teachnically I have since that's just the name of the first book and I have finished that one. But I call them all GoT because who's gonna bother saying A Song of Ice And Fire every goddamn time. lol

I do watch the show. Obsessively. :P

If Jo could get one pet it'd be either a cat or a mouse, gecko, tiny frog that she can keep in her pocket. Although, in Gabrielle's defense, she has a point in calling it a liability. Jo would 100% get herself killed somehow trying to protect a freaking mouse if it had a name. -.-

Raisins are only not gross inside chocolate bars and still... It's a waste of chocolate. >.>

Gabrielle: "Something snarky. Wow, I did it." >.>

Gerald: "...I don't think I can top that."

Johanna: silently questions whether that was even intentional

Sebastian: "I'm not very snarky. Kyle is the snark-master, though."

Kyle: "I feel that 'snarky' is just a nice word for 'jerk', but either way I'll take it."

Sebastian: "You don't want me to call you 'jerk-master', do you?"

Kyle: "..."

Sebastian: "I didn't think so."

Dani: "I don't think I caaan? At least, I don't think I can if I try to."

Lena: "I dunno, according to you, I should just open my mouth and wait for snark to happen."

Dani: "..."

Lena: "Crap." -.-

Q: Are you a good driver/pilot/horse rider/insert term for whatever means of transport I haven't covered here?

• @Blackbird I've never eaten sushi. The raw fish part weirds me out and so I've just never done it :P But how do you eat something wrong?

Gabrielle's false hard-as-rock exterior with a fluffy heart causes her to fall into one of my favorite tropes, and I think it's one reason I like her so much.

Although, in Gabrielle's defense, she has a point in calling it a liability. Jo would 100% get herself killed somehow trying to protect a freaking mouse if it had a name. -.-

I read somewhere that a decent amount of deaths in house fires come from pet owners that go back into the house to save their pets.

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: But how would you know I'm not a stunt person on TV? (puzzled) Why are we talking about this, again? I forgot.

Benito: The fact that there are no cameras, producers, actors, etc., would be a pretty good hint that you're not a stunt person on TV. pauses and frowns It was something about math. I know that.

(xD That's funny, in the UK, we usually call them trolleys. I think there might be some places that call them otherwise, but I can't recall)

:P The UK calls everything differently.

GASP! (Apple pie and apple crumble are the shit, how could you say that? xD)

after years of being hardened by responses like these, in a completely straight face It is truly a mystery.

Alex: (offended) WILBURRRRRR! (said cat actually shows up and curls up in his lap) There you are, you silly thing. (gently scratches Wilbur's chin)

We have a cat my brother can do this with. At one point, she was outside, and half my family was out there trying to call her in, and he walked out there, said her name, and she dashed across the yard to his feet.

Jenna: I'd rather we kept a hamster than an undomesticated alien predator in our bedroom, Jacob.

Imagine how famous you'd be for domesticating the alien predator, though.

Q: Do you have a favorite saying or quote?

Nelly: starts searching online for deep, meaningful quotes

Benito: Wait. Let me think for a second. I have it, but I forgot it.

Rus: "Calm down. It could be worse."

Michael: I thought yours was "Chill out."

Rus: That's yours to me.

Michael: Oh. Mine's... I dunno. I'm not really a reading person.

Benito: I don't remember it exactly, but it's about looking for happiness inside of you. I have it tattooed, but I'm crap at translating. lifts shirt to show it on abdomen

Nelly: turns up something deep "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will". That applies to me on a spiritual level, I think.

Rus: But I'm not snarky D:

Benito: Why?

Nelly: I think the poster wants to laugh. That's why.

Michael: I can't.

Q: Are you a good driver/pilot/horse rider/insert term for whatever means of transport I haven't covered here?

Benito: Obviously. The ship has never imploded.

Michael: Wait, I though--

Benito:

Michael: ...Am I good pilot, by that definition?

Benito: You've never done it by yourself. I'm not sure if you qualify yet.

Michael: :(

Rus: I'm a good bus rider. Does that count?

Nelly: Of course I am, once I can get into the computer so it doesn't flip out when I start going a hundred [mph] in a forty [mph] zone.

I... question how this worked for her, tbh.

Q: Do you like swimming?

• @blackbird

Alex is now my favorite. Despite reminding me of that movie that shall not be named. >.>

If it's any consolation, he hates it too xD

I've gotten 5/6ths of the way through the first GoT (I know exactly what you mean about having to say ASOIAF every single time!), and I've watched two-thirds of the first episode of the show. My sister insists that I read the book before we watch the first season together (though why she's interested in it to begin with is beyond me xD).

To be fair, if Jo had a cat, it would probably be more useful than a frog xD But the image of her rushing into a dangerous situation just for her pet is kinda heartwarming ^-^

But...raisins...they go in scones too...they're a nice snack :C

Gabrielle: "Something snarky. Wow, I did it." >.>

Alex: And the award for Greatest Moment of Snark goes to...

Kyle: "I feel that 'snarky' is just a nice word for 'jerk', but either way I'll take it."
    Sebastian: "You don't want me to call you 'jerk-master', do you?"
    Kyle: "..."
    Sebastian: "I didn't think so."

Jenna: (amused) I could've sworn we've had a conversation like that before...
    Jake: No, really?

Jenna: (puts her hand up) Does 'self-propelled', aerokinetic flight count as a means of transport, and if so, would we be pilots or flyers?
    Jake: I'd say... yes, and I think we'd only be pilots if the aerokinesis came from magic gloves.
    Jenna: Well, I'd say I'm very good, then.
    Jake: (snerks) I'm sorry, did you employ evasive maneuvers to escape near-certain death at the hands of a fucking air force fighter jet?
    Jenna: I didn't need to, because I did what I was told and stayed in the bloody clouds, whilst you tried to show off like a twat.
    Jake: Yeah, and how much skill did that take?
    Jenna: ...First one to get to the mouth of the Thames and back wins.
    Jake: Deal.
    The two suddenly fly off through the large open window, grabbing their helmets as they leave
    Alex: ...That just happened.
    Fallon: Guess we'll have to end that question there, seeing as none of us can drive yet, by the way.
    Izzy: What about your super speed?
    Fallon: Heh, I dunnae think that counts, much as I'd like to.
    Shaan: Neither does being able to jump up three, four feet-ish.
    Fallon: Guess not. (taps her foot) Seriously, if they're not back in five minutes, I'm gonnae go after them myself. I'm not fucking waiting that long.

(A few minutes later...)

@typical_demigod

Benito: The fact that there are no cameras, producers, actors, etc., would be a pretty good hint that you're not a stunt person on TV. pauses and frowns It was something about math. I know that.

Jake: (currently going past the Thames barrier; turns on his helmet's voice-to-text feature) Oh bell, height as spell move Omron bit.
    (V2T in a language that alien technology has barely begun to learn to recognise whilst travelling at high speeds with ridiculous amounts of wind roaring in the background: Needs work. xD)

:P The UK calls everything differently.

Or perhaps it's the other way around, and it's the rest of the world that calls everything differently?
    Oh god, for a moment there I thought I was going to slip into Jayden Smith territory and start being pseudo-philosophical O_o

Imagine how famous you'd be for domesticating the alien predator, though.

True, but then again it took how many thousands of years to domesticate dogs, didn't it? And these things are practically the size of horses. With razor sharp teeth. And aforementioned claws... (at least, in the current draft)

Rus: "Calm down. It could be worse."

Me, talking to the part of my brain that panics and worries all the fucking time xD

Benito: Obviously. The ship has never imploded.

This statement worries me for a variety of reasons xD

Q: Do you like swimming?
    Shaan: Nope. I sink like a stone now.
    Fallon: Sure, I like it, but it's more fun tae run across it at eighty, ninety kilometres per hour, know what I'm saying? Zipping over the water like one of those, fuck, what d'ye call them?
    Alex: Uhh, Jesus lizards, I think?
    Fallon: Eh, close enough, I've always liked those lizardy bastards, by the way.
    Izzy: I love swimming :3 Especially on holiday at the beach.
    Alex: God, no. You do not want to see this body at the beach. It's like radioactive mayonnaise.
    Izzy: I don't think you're that pale, Alex.
    Alex: Ohh, I am. I'm literally Dracula.
    Izzy: Not unless you've been drinking our blood, you're not! ^-^ And I know you don't do that, obviously, because I would've 'heard' about it. (checks phone and frowns) Has it been five minutes already? How far away is the Thames' mouth from—
    Two bodies shoot through the window and send objects around the room flying, landing in a heap behind the sofa and beanbags
    Jake: (grabbing the sofa like it's Capture The Flag, soaking wet) YES!
    Jenna: (rising from behind the sofa, pulling off the helmet with a very unimpressed look on her face) You cheated! You knew I was using tailwind and you switched to bloody headwind!
    Jake: (flicks water at her) You dunked me in the Thames; and I don't remember making any damn rules!
    Jenna: (turns to the others, exasperated) Who won?
    Shaan, Izzy, and Alex: (shrug at each other)
    Alex: (flicking his windswept fringe) I barely saw anything.
    Izzy: You were too fast for me to read properly, so I don't know.
    Shaan: I was listening to the others talk.
    Fallon: (rolls her eyes) You two are so fucking childish sometimes, it's crazy, (nods at Jenna) ye wannae know who won?
    Jake: Yeah!?
    Jenna: Obviously!
    Fallon: (casually examining her nails) I did.
    Jake: ...
    Jenna: ...What?
    Fallon: Took ye, what, five, six minutes?
    Jenna: (cautiously) Yes?
    Fallon: How far?
    Jake: (looking to Jenna for confirmation) We got to...Woolwich?
    Jenna: Past the ferry, yes.
    Fallon: (has the route up on Google Maps) Okay... As my Da would say: Hold my beer.
    Fallon runs straight out of the open window
    Izzy: (tilts head) Aren't we on the first floor?
    (NOTE: Second floor, if you're American.)
    Shaan: She'll be fine...I hope.
    Alex: (sniffs, realising they're going to have to wait again) Anyone want takeaway?
    Jake: There's an awesome Indian restaruant not far from here we can go. Or Nandos?
    Shaan: Do Nandos do takeaways?
    Jake: Yup, they do.
    Alex: I'll take a look. (gets his watch out) Mmmm, peri-peri...
    Jenna: Wendy's opened a branch in Camden recently. Just thought I'd mention that.
    Izzy: But Wendy's is a state-side brand, isn't it?
    Alex: (looks up from making an order) A lot of American chains have been crossing the pond in the last few years. (grumbles) Mostly in London.
    Shaan: Don't you have anything like Taco Bell in Wolvers?
    Alex: (wide-eyed) You have Taco Bell in Birmingham? When the hell was this?
    Shaan: The one near me? I think it was two years ago (NOTE: 2033-ish).
    Izzy: Is it any good? I've never tried it when I've been in the States.
    Shaan: I was skeptical at first...but it's not that bad?
    Izzy: Oooh, I might try it, then.
    Alex: ...I still can't believe that I've never heard about the Taco Bell.
    Jenna: I can't believe we went from a question about swimming to discussing fast food restaurants. (pauses) I do like swimming, though.
    Jake: (shaking his head and getting water everywhere) The chlorine smell's weird, though.
    Fallon: (runs back in, shoes soaking) BACK! Told ye I'd beat your time!
    Jenna: (checks time) Well, I'll be damned. (resigned) I guess Fallon wins this one.
    Jake: Stupid super speed... x3

Q: What is the weirdest conversation you've ever had, or heard someone else have?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: (currently going past the Thames barrier; turns on his helmet's voice-to-text feature) Oh bell, height as spell move Omron bit.

Both of us are questioning why Jake would be speaking an alien language whilst travelling at high speeds, no doubt with obstacles to avoid, and not whatever his native language is, at the very least.

True, but then again it took how many thousands of years to domesticate dogs, didn't it? And these things are practically the size of horses. With razor sharp teeth. And aforementioned claws... (at least, in the current draft)

In Soviet Russia, they bred domesicated wolves within a few decades (IIRC). Now, the hundreds of breeds, those took thousands of years to create. But domesticated dogs, once the process got started, would've been fairly quick.

Therefore, the question is, how old do these aliens need to be to reproduce? Because once you know that, you know how long it'll take to domesticate them.

This statement worries me for a variety of reasons xD

Nelly: It's a joke. Given that he is not a pilot, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about.

Benito: You say that, but the pilot would be helpful without me ^_^

Nelly: ignores Even the pilot doesn't have the ability to implode the ship. If anyone is going to implode the ship, it's going to be an--

Benito: Don't take my fun from me, Cornelia. -_-

I realized that this joke probably started as a comeback to another joke, which is that astrogators always die first. No idea where that started, but it hasn't died out. (Now that I'm typing this, the only reasonable answer is that there was a decent amount of red on some part of their uniform.)

My actual thought during the fast food debate when I got to 2033-ish

Yooooo there'd be a Chick-fil-A international by then!

Q: What is the weirdest conversation you've ever had, or heard someone else have?

This is the funniest question I've heard in a long time because two days ago I was stuck in a class from 8am-4am and in the very back row were 2-3 girls who, every time class wasn't in session, talked very loudly, and I heard things that varied from "??" to "XD why am I here" over the course of that day.

I'm not sure that I can pick out the #1 highlight.

Benito: After calling my sister a bitch the first time, I had a drawn out conversation with Haris about how vulgar the word actually was. Turns out there are a lot of contexts for it. Eventually he just gave up because I was being an ass about it.

Nelly: I was once forced to sit through a conversation by two theoretical physicists about the accuracy of a science-fiction movie we just watched. not amused

Benito: How is that weird? That's a legitimate conversation to have.

Nelly: The points that were being used for why the story was terrible were the most nitpicked, random things in the world. It wasn't the excessively cheap fuel that was pointed out for a story twenty years in the future, it was the fact the engine looked like a washer machine, and changes voice to show she's quoting someone "it's just physically impossible for an engine to be that small, no matter when the story takes place".

Benito: Given that you heard physicists listening to this conversation, I don't know why you'd notice the cheap fuel. That's something to point out if it was two economists who had the conversation and they didn't point it out.

Nelly: The point is, there were more glaring issues with the film than the ones that were being used as arguments for why it was or wasn't a sound film.

Benito: Wait, what movie are we talking about? Do I know which movie this is?

Nelly: deeply considers telling Never mind. The weirdest conversation I had was in ninth grade when some kid in my biology class started trying to convince the teacher that plants had a secret society that was more advanced than human society.

Benito: Was it convincing?

Nelly: I mean, a tiny bit. She brought a lot of sources with her to back her up.

Michael: ...I think I answered this with that speechless question a while back.

Rus: frowns We had a conversation about who was a terribler friend.

Michael: I don't remember this.

Rus: We probably realized that you were the more terrible friend.

Michael: eyeroll I doubt it.

Rus: I once heard Nev have a conversation with someone about how to be a good adult when she was... ten??? DY, at that.

Michael: What was the conclusion?

Rus: All of the adults she knew were annoying and bad at being adults; therefore, all adults are annoying and bad at being adults.

Michael: Mm. I can't really argue at that. I am both of those things.

Rus: Her friend was of the opposite opinion and they completely stopped talking for two months. They got back together when the pool opened that summer and they went at the same time.

Michael: That should've been the first sign to the school that you have a dysfunctional family.

Rus: Friends stop talking all the time.

Michael: Not because one of them is dead set in the belief that all adults are terrible people and refuses to consider any adult anywhere as being good.

Rus: She said our mom was a good adult, but I don't think she could remember our mom, so it didn't really count as an argument.

Michael: My point still stands.

Their mother was kinda manipulative tbh >.>

Q: At what age is a person old enough to know what love is?

• Both of us are questioning why Jake would be speaking an alien language whilst travelling at high speeds, no doubt with obstacles to avoid, and not whatever his native language is, at the very least.

He is actually speaking English; the technology itself, however, is used to converting alien languages from voice to text, and it's only recently that it's been adapted to start converting Terran English into text as well. That is, some smart-arse alien linguist who's been studying English for decades started fiddling with their tech to add the alphabet and a still-growing list of words for the machines to recognise. Obviously, it still needs tweaking shrug
    (Alternatively, they could've just modified the helmet to block out external noise so comms/V2T are clearer and less awkward, but who said aliens were perfect? :P)

In Soviet Russia, they bred domesticated wolves within a few decades (IIRC).

Oh really? Well there you go, I've learnt something new xD And yeah, I'll need to figure out the reproduction rate for them to know how long, but I highly doubt it would be no time at all.

I realized that this joke probably started as a comeback to another joke, which is that astrogators always die first. No idea where that started, but it hasn't died out. (Now that I'm typing this, the only reasonable answer is that there was a decent amount of red on some part of their uniform.)

smiles perhaps they should start wearing yellow, or mauve or something (I keep forgetting my Star Trek lore, so I can't remember who exactly wears what except that Spock wears blue because he's a scientist[???]).

My actual thought during the fast food debate when I got to 2033-ish

Yooooo there'd be a Chick-fil-A international by then!

Jake: (now drying his hair with a towel) Hey Lex, since you're using the Wi-Fi, is there a Chick-fil-A over here?
    Alex: (just finished putting in what everyone wanted from Nandos) Let's see... Uhhhhhh...
    Fallon: (looks over his shoulder) What do Chick-fila-A even make, anyway?
    Alex: (shows them the website) Chicken sandwiches, and the nearest one is Oxford Street.
    Izzy: Oooh, yeah, I remember! :D Mum and I have gone shopping on Oxford Street. Can we go, sometime?
    Jenna: I don't see why not. Maybe after the next op?
    Shaan: After Pizza Hut, I don't think I can go back. So yeah, I'm happy with that.

Nelly: deeply considers telling Never mind. The weirdest conversation I had was in ninth grade when some kid in my biology class started trying to convince the teacher that plants had a secret society that was more advanced than human society.

I'd read about that, to be honest. has a casual interest in conspiracy theories

Rus: All of the adults she knew were annoying and bad at being adults; therefore, all adults are annoying and bad at being adults.

Can't say I blame her for thinking that, but still xD

Jake: (gives Jenna 'The Look')
    Jenna: Please don't—
    Jake: (leaps up on the sofa, pretending to hold a mic as he mock-sings) "WHAT IS LOVE? / BABY DON'T HURT ME / DON'T HURT ME / NO MORE..."
    Jenna: (winces at the sheer volume) Have I already mentioned how much I hate you? Because I do.
    Jake: (hops down, grinning)
    Fallon: That was nice and all, Jake, but ye didnae answer the question. (massages her ears)
    Jake: I did, actually. What do they mean by love?
    Jenna: For the sake of an actual answer, I'd presume the asker means romantic.
    Fallon: (rolls eyes) Of course.
    Shaan: Probably around our age?
    Izzy: Yeah, but then there are people who start going out with other people at like, eleven or twelve.
    Alex: I have a cousin who went out with a boy in their year. Year Four.
    (NOTE: 8-9 years old, IIRC, which would made it Third Grade?? I can't remember)
    Jenna: But do they actually understand romantic love? On an emotional level?
    Fallon: Fucked if I know, I had my first boyfriend at fourteen, and before ye ask, it was a serious relationship.
    Jenna: I've tried serious relationships before, but the girls I've been with so far don't seem to want them :/
    Jake: Well clearly, they're missing out.
    Jenna: :3 Thanks.
    Jake: ^-^ Oh, and by the way, I'm with Shaan—it's probably around our age that you start to get an idea—but I think you have to grow up to really understand it...
    Jenna: (blinks) Who are you, and what have you done with my brother?
    Jake: (opens a can of coke and lifts it to his lips) ...I mean, it's probably something to do with the sex... (;
    Alex: Aaand he's back.
    Jenna: (rolls her eyes) I don't even know why I bother hoping you've gained some maturity.
    Fallon: 'Tis the mindset of a virgin, after all.
    Jake: (almost spews his coke) What's that supposed to mean?
    Fallon: That ye sound like someone who's never been laid.
    Jake: (incredulous) Have you?
    Fallon: No, but it'll be sooner than you :P
    Alex: (sputters)
    Shaan: (silently wondering, wide-eyed, where the hell this is going)
    Izzy: I...don't know if that was a burn or not.
    Alex: Whatever it was, I don't think Jake has a response to that.
    Jake: ...
    Fallon: It'd be a better burn to tell him he's only got a chance of getting laid if he crawls up a chicken's arse and waits.
    (As you may be able to tell, I'm not great at comebacks xD)

Q: What would your theme song be?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

smiles perhaps they should start wearing yellow, or mauve or something (I keep forgetting my Star Trek lore, so I can't remember who exactly wears what except that Spock wears blue because he's a scientist[???]).

I need to work on their uniforms. I haven't worked on them at all D:

Anyway, in TOS and Enterprise, command was yellow (so, Kirk, maybe the pilots?), science was blue (Spock, McCoy), and then I don't remember what red was (maybe engineering?). By Voyager and TNG, command is red and engineering is yellow, but science is still blue.

I'd read about that, to be honest. has a casual interest in conspiracy theories

So, I was in Bio 101 and found out there's some fern out there with 1000+ chromosomes, I think it was, to which I declared that plants are clearly more advanced than us. In 102, we were assigned the BBC documentary "How Plants Communicate & Think", and tbh it's the foundation of my theory that plants are going to take over the world, if they haven't already. (It's a really good documentary; if you ever have an hour to kill, go watch it!)

(I'm going to be a responsible conspiracy theorist and add that chromosomes don't actually dictate how advanced a species is or isn't :P)

Kids start going out so young these days ._.

So, I might respond to this in character, but let's be honest, that requires a knowledge of music in-world, and I just don't have that. Also, Michael still doesn't have any playlists. Nelly only has songs because I was listening to random songs from 5-7 different playlists and I found a couple that do, indeed, apply to her.

Benito (because I have the playlist open)

• MISSIO - Middle Fingers (I mean, title alone should be enough here to get the jist, I feel like)
    • Imagine Dragons - Believer
    • All American Rejects - Move Along

Rus (most of the songs I have for him apply better for during/after the main story, simply because that's the area of the story that is best developed)

• Ruelle - Bad Dream
    • Jimmy Eat World - The Middle

I could go through the Ep. 5 playlist and probably find something else that applies, but that's a lotta work. Not to mention, just going through music in his playlists have made me think about a side character and their relationship and how close they would be and that HURTS and I don't even know this side character

Nelly (note: what actually goes down in her episode is vague and disputed)

• Prismo - Neverland (which was unexpected, but I saw it on a playlist and realized it did fit)
    • Bishop Briggs - The Fire

A couple of relationship songs for Nelly/Benito because they're here. I've written story-changing scenes to the first two songs.

• Daughter - Tomorrow
    • Snow Patrol - What if the Storm Ends?
    • Missio - Monsters

These two are the two I found that made me think about Rus's relationship with that side character

• Bishop Briggs - Dark Side
    • Arty (feat. Maty Noyes) - Falling Down (is it wrong that I've never actually listened to this song all the way through??)

I think that covers it? If I actually listened to every song I have scattered between 5-7 playlists, some considerably longer than others, and most without a lot of overlap in songs, this list could probably be longer, but that's hours and hours and, for this post, not worth it.

Q: What is your opinion of dinosaurs?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: (snerks) I'm sorry, did you employ evasive maneuvers to escape near-certain death at the hands of a fucking air force fighter jet?
    Jenna: I didn't need to, because I did what I was told and stayed in the bloody clouds, whilst you tried to show off like a twat.

These guys amuse me so much. lol

@typical_demigod I think red might have been engineering because I remember Scotty wore red and he was an engineer, right? hasn't watched Star Trek in a decade

Speaking of red shirts reminds me that we actually have a similar thing in the RPs when... In the beginning of the second RP I killed a character named 'Lionel' and a few posts later my co-GM killed another random character named Lionel (coincidentally) and we thought it was funny so... About five more random 'Lionels' have died since. Pretty much any time we need to make an NPC we know is just going to get killed we name them Lionel.

And then when Luckas was telling the Myth about how Death made human beings mortal, I had him say that the name of the first man to ever die in Valcrest was Lionel. So now there's this in-joke that the name is cursed. XP

I rather plants take over the world than Cleverbot, but... That's a whole other conspiracy theory. >.>

Gabrielle: "I think if you're lucky you'll always on some level know what love is. I mean, most children are loved from birth."

Gerald: "I think they're talking more in a romantic sense, though, Porter."

Gabrielle: "I don't think it matters, Tuck. I mean, I don't think the concept of romantic love is actually something concrete in a person's life until they're old enough to start experiencing physical attraction, but, what a child learns to call 'love' in their formative years will influence what they search for or accept as love in a romantic sense. Hence, a child who has been abused by the people whom they expected to love them will be more prone to either become an abuser themselves or seek abuse in their adult relationships. Therefore, the age where a person actually forms their own notion of love is actually much younger than the age where they begin to experience and understand it in a romantic sense."

Johanna: "Gabe is right." >.>

Tucker: "If that's true then I have absolutely no idea what that says about me as a person."

Gabrielle: "What do you mean?"

Gerald: "My parents had a great relationship, and I don't remember ever feeling unloved or anything but at the same time... I don't think I've really... uhm... experienced... romantic love for most of my life."

Gabrielle: "Are you saying you've literally never been interested in anyone?"

Gerald: "Pretty much." shrug

Gabrielle: "I think that just means you're a little weird, honestly."

Gerald: "Thank you. That helps."

Gabrielle: chuckle "It's not like you can't experience it, you clearly can, I mean..." cough >.>

Gerald: "Hmmm... Say, have you ever been in love, Porter?"

Gabrielle: "Once."

Johanna: "Did he die?"

Gabrielle: "No. Nothing tragic like that." smirk "Shocking, I know."

Gerald: "Was he too normal for you?"

Gabrielle: snort "You're starting to know me too well. I don't know what that says about you, Tuck, but it's probably not good." sigh "I guess, you can say that. It was a decision I had to make."

Sebastian: "I don't understand that. If you love someone and you can be with them, why would you choose not to?"

Gabrielle: "Hmph... Kid, I don't know if it's my place to explain certain realities to you. Let's just say that sometimes love means knowing when to let go." shrug

Sebastian: "..."

Dani: "Eh... I don't know. I think, in theory, I already know, but... I don't think I really know."

Lena: "Yeah, sis, I think you know when you know. I mean... There's no set age for that as far as I know."

Eldric: scratches head "How long have we known each other? Five years?" smirks

Lena: "...Four and a half."

Eldric: "Okay, so almost five. I was fourteen." smiles

Lena: tries very hard not to smile like an idiot

Dani: "Ugh, you're being adorable. Stop that." -.-

Okay, boys and girls... This is where I take the reigns. Because I know this. And you don't. smiles and pats the little fictional people on the head

Gabrielle's theme song is I Am A Stone by Demon Hunter.

Gerald's right now is Angels Fall by Breaking Benjamin, but I don't feel it's perfect and it'll probably change the moment I come across something better. :)

Johanna's is The Razor's Edge by Digital Daggers

Sebastian's is Immortals by Fall Out Boy

Kyle's is Man On Fire by Otherwise (that one I know I posted on the music thread)

Dani's is Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons.

Lena's is Smoke And Mirrors by Imagine Dragons.

Eldric doesn't have a playlist yet. Or a character sheet. And when I start working on Episode Two I'm gonna be sorry I didn't do this now. :P

Gabrielle: "What are those?"

...Wait, really?

shows picture of a dinosaur

Sebastian: "That's a giant lizard."

Kyle: "So... Basically a boring dragon."

Gabrielle: "Dragons weren't real, Rivers."

Kyle: "There are numerous accounts of dragon sightings throughout history. Besides, are dinosaurs real?"

Gerald: "He's got you there, Porter."

Gabrielle: "I never claimed to know whether dinosaurs are real. I'm just saying dragons weren't."

Kyle: "But you don't know that either."

Gabrielle: sigh "Alright. I don't believe dragons were real. Better?"

Johanna: "I'd like to ride a dragon." smirks

Gerald: "I don't think I like the idea of you owning a giant fire breathing monster as a pet, Johanna."

Johanna: "Why not?"

Gerald: "Valcrest may not survive."

Dani: "Well then. I wouldn't like to see one of those in person."

Lena: "Me neither. Although, they are pretty cool-looking."

Q: Would you like to ride a dragon?

• @typical_demigod

Anyway, in TOS and Enterprise, command was yellow (so, Kirk, maybe the pilots?), science was blue (Spock, McCoy), and then I don't remember what red was (maybe engineering?). By Voyager and TNG, command is red and engineering is yellow, but science is still blue.

Ahh okay, thank you ^-^ Yeah, I could've sworn that red and yellow switched around at one point, because I still have memes on my computer of Jean-Luc Picard facepalming, and I remember that he wore red.
    ...I now feel a strange desire to find more Picard memes, excuse me xD

Oooh, I'll have to watch that documentary :D (And of course, conspiracy theorists must be responsible conspiracy theorists)

Kids start going out so young these days ._.

I know, it's pretty weird, to be honest with you. I mean, I kinda get dating at, what, thirteen-ish, but when the kids are seven or nine or ten or something... bafflement

Lol, in retrospect, that would be a difficult question to answer in-character, so I'll offer a small apology to you both there x3 But on the plus side I've learnt of something new to listen to ^-^

Alex: Dinosaurs are cool.
    Jake: I don't think I've thought about them since I was little, but sure.
    Izzy: (tiny fist pump) I knew it! You went through a dinosaur phase!
    Jake: (slightly sheepish) Pterodactyls were my favourite.
    Jenna: Oh yeah, you had those cute little dinosaur pyjamas too.
    Shaan: I had a mug with a triceratops on it, but it broke...
    Izzy: Awww, I can get you another one, if you want?
    Shaan: (shakes head politely) It's fine. I was more concerned about my niece crawling over the broken pieces.
    Fallon: Wait, wait, wait, hold on, (holds hands up for a minute as she processes) you have a niece?
    Shaan: ...Yeah? Have I not mentioned her before?
    Fallon: (blinking rapidly) You have a niece? Like, the daughter of your brother-slash-sister?
    Jenna: (dryly) That is indeed the definition of the word 'niece', Fallon. Kudos.
    Shaan: (is really confused) I don't get why you're so shocked o_o
    Fallon: I just, well, didn't expect ye tae be an uncle, is all. Not that there's anything wrong with ye being an uncle, by the way, but it just surprised me that ye were.
    Shaan: (shrugs) Okay?

@Blackbird They amuse me too xD It's quite fun to write them bitching at each other.

Speaking of red shirts reminds me that we actually have a similar thing in the RPs when... In the beginning of the second RP I killed a character named 'Lionel' and a few posts later my co-GM killed another random character named Lionel (coincidentally) and we thought it was funny so... About five more random 'Lionels' have died since. Pretty much any time we need to make an NPC we know is just going to get killed we name them Lionel.
    And then when Luckas was telling the Myth about how Death made human beings mortal, I had him say that the name of the first man to ever die in Valcrest was Lionel. So now there's this in-joke that the name is cursed. XP

I'm now imagining Lionel Ritchie dying over and over again due to various mishaps in Valcrest, and his first words upon returning to life are always, "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

I rather plants take over the world than Cleverbot, but... That's a whole other conspiracy theory. >.>

Have you seen any of the Cleverbot videos done by youtubers like Jacksepticeye? I honestly doubt you'd have to worry about it taking over the world. (You might want to worry about it knowing your name without you telling it, though :P)

Eldric: scratches head "How long have we known each other? Five years?" smirks
    Lena: "...Four and a half."
    Eldric: "Okay, so almost five. I was fourteen." smiles
    Lena: tries very hard not to smile like an idiot
    Dani: "Ugh, you're being adorable. Stop that." -.-

I'm Dani in this situation, except there'd probably be more 'awwwww's and flailing my arms about xD

Oh yeah, I've listened to Bleeding Out and Man On Fire (also I'm a bit of a FOB fangirl, so ofc I know Immortals too x3), but I haven't heard the others. points To the internet!

Kyle: "So... Basically a boring dragon."

Basically xD

Alex: :O YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
    Jenna: (leaning away slightly) Maybe. Depends on the dragon, the temperament, wether it would prefer to direct its fire at actual enemies rather than innocent bystanders...
    Jake: (in near-disbelief) It literally shoots ready-made fire, Jen. Fuck yeah I'd ride one!
    Shaan: I don't think so. I don't like heights.
    Fallon: Wouldnae wanna get burnt, either, but they are badass.
    Izzy: I'd totally ride a dragon! :D
    Alex: (having calmed down to answer more in-depth) Imagine soaring through the sky and setting fire to the clouds...
    Jake: (smirks) Already done that, mate.
    Jenna: But imagine becoming the Mother of Dragons...
    Alex: (shares a knowing look with her) I'm biting back a thousand Daenerys jokes right now. Be grateful.
    Jenna: Be goatful.
    Alex: ...Damn you.

Q: What topic would keep you talking/ranting/fangirl-boying for ages?

• @Blackbird Yeah, it was. But if I remember correctly, Uhura's was red too, and she's not an engineer lol watches Star Trek relatively often but pays about zero attention

We need to start a petition to make Star Fleet have better organization of their uniforms.

I need more Imagine Dragons in my life. They were listening to it at work yesterday and I was just like "ugh why do I not listen to good bands more often?"

You know, all of your characters (well, and @Shy_Not_Fly17's) are basing whether or not dinosaurs or dragons are cooler based on dragons being able to breathe fire. What if it's the other way around?

(That... is a terrifying thought really because we can prove dinosaurs were real.)

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Feel free to share the memes! XD

Izzy: (tiny fist pump) I knew it! You went through a dinosaur phase!

All of my siblings went through dinosaur phases and I've kinda assumed that all children go through them since. It might've been a downward trickle from one of my brother's continuous obsession with dinosaurs, though.

Fallon realizes that there isn't a set age to become an aunt/uncle, right? (I mean, I guess she does now!)

Rus: Why is this a question?

Michael: That was unexpected.

Rus: No... whose answer would be 'no'???

Michael: Mine.

Rus: o_o

Michael: I am terrified of heights and the thought of riding a giant dragon gives me a knot in my stomach.

Rus: Oh. Maybe you don't have to fly you can just ride it while it walks.

Michael: I mean, maybe.

Benito: Aren't dragons... too small for that?

Nelly: Some, I guess.

Benito: :/

Nelly: I would probably ride a dragon. I don't think I have anywhere to keep it, though, so I wouldn't be able to keep it as a pet.

Michael: shrug

Rus: I've had the same obsession since high school and most everyone I know are tired of listening to it. It's a show.

Michael: I had a basketball phase but I have no hand-eye coordination and I'm barely 5'5" and I'm one part spiteful and one part "well I'll still watch it because I have nothing better to do". Plus, it's a good conversation starter. "Do you watch basketball? No? We probably don't need to be speaking, then."

Benito: Nothing, I guess?

Nelly: What about the dolphin thing?

Benito: That was on a dare.

Nelly: How do you develop an obsession based on a dare, though?

Benito: Because someone said I knew nothing about Earth-creatures and I didn't but I wanted to pretend I did so I researched a bunch of random facts about them and dolphins were mildly interesting so I spent more time on them than other animals. shrug Knowing things about them doesn't make it an obsession.

Michael: What's a fact about them?

Benito: They experience pleasure from sex.

Michael: Really?

Nelly: That is the first fact that comes to your head?

Benito: Oh, I'm sorry. to Michael They live in the ocean.

Michael: You have bestowed me with life-changing information. Thank you.

Benito: nods sagely

Q: Would you go swimming in the ocean?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 Cleverbot has literally threatened to kill me and assume my identity so it can become human.

In more than one occasion.

I don't trust it didn't know it was being recorded in those videos. >.>

@typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

You know, all of your characters (well, and @Shy_Not_Fly17's) are basing whether or not dinosaurs or dragons are cooler based on dragons being able to breathe fire. What if it's the other way around?

They never actually said that. Gerald mentioned fire breathing as a reason why he wouldn't want Jo to ride one, but really, not all dragons can breathe fire; it depends on the stories you've heard.

They're mostly basing whether dragons are cooler on the fact they all grew up on dragon stories and they literally have no clue what dinosaurs are other than 'really big lizard that doesn't really look magical or capable of flight therefore lame'.

It's kind of the same reason why I still say The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made even though a crap ton of better games have been made since. :)

Gabrielle: "Proper blade maintenance and care... I'm looking at you, Johanna." glare

Johanna: "Don't 'full-name' me. I take care of my blades."

Gabrielle: "No. I take care of your blades. -.-

Johanna: "Because you don't trust I can do it right. Not because you have to."

Gerald: enjoying the fact there's an argument he's not involved in for once "Uhm, religion I guess? Porter and I end up arguing about it every now and then and that's the only thing I've consistently ranted about really."

Sebastian: "Not really. I don't think there's anything I care about enough to rant or obsess over."

Kyle: "Same." shrug

Dani: "I don't think I'm much of a ranter. Or a fan-anything. Lena, though... Pft..."

Lena: "What is that supposed to mean?"

Dani: "It means you have a habit of spewing any of the thousands of anatomy books you've read, word-by-word, with the slightest of provocations."

Lena: "...Well, you have your hobbies and I have mine. Besides it is my job to educate you." >.>

Dani: "I don't think memorizing the names of every bone in the human body counts much towards my assassin training, but sure." rolls eyes

Lena: "I was memorizing it. I never said you had to." -.-

Ugh... Lena is way smarter than me and I hate that. lol

Q: Are you into video games? If so, what is the best game ever made in your opinion? You know, other than Ocarina of Time. Because that's obviously the greatest game ever made. Ever. :P

• @Blackbird You got me there.

I'm never played any Legend of Zelda, let alone Ocarina of Time :P

Ugh... Lena is way smarter than me and I hate that. lol

To be fair, being able to memorize every bone in the body doesn't mean that that person is any smarter than the average person.

Q: Are you into video games? If so, what is the best game ever made in your opinion?

Benito: I don't play many video games.

Michael: Hmm...

Nelly: There's a quest based game that's about twenty years old and hasn't been updated in about five, but it's still pretty great. I have several accounts at various levels of completion to log into whenever I'm bored.

Benito: The one you spent a day playing with your mom and sisters?

Nelly: Yep, that one ^_^

Michael: Maybe 72 Hours.

Rus: I never finished that one.

Michael: You have to play it about six times to get the full story, but it's worth it.

Rus: I get distracted by other games really easily. I think the last game I finished was a match-three game.

Q: If you could get any dog, what breed would you want?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

To be fair, being able to memorize every bone in the body doesn't mean that that person is any smarter than the average person.

Lena: "Yes. But being smarter than the average person does make me smarter than the average person."

Dani: snort

Lena has a healthy ego. :P

I meant just in general though, I wasn't talking specifically about memorizing things. That's something she does as a mental exercise. It helps keep her enlightenment in check. She just likes anatomy and plants and things like that, but if she was memorizing something useless like Pokemon names it'd have the same effect. :P

And that's too bad you never played Ocarina. It's the greatest game ever made.

Although, I hear the new Zelda game is fantastic. It really makes me wish I had money to piss away on a Nintendo console.

Michael: You have to play it about six times to get the full story, but it's worth it.

Best types of games really.

Gabrielle: "No. Would you people stop with the pet question?"

Johanna: "All puppies deserve love."

Gerald: "Full breed dogs are expensive and really...There are only two types of dogs that are actually useful; Wolfhounds and mutts."

Sebastian: "Pets aren't supposed to be useful. I mean, they can be, but they don't have to."

Kyle: "True."

Johanna: "Gerry's just being a jerk. He had a lab retriever when he was a kid."

Gerald: "It was my mom's dog. And he was utterly useless, so my point stands."

Johanna: "You cried when it died, though."

Gerald: snorts >.>

Sebastian: "I want a parrot."

Kyle: "Yes please get a parrot."

Sebastian: "You're going to teach it to call me an idiot aren't you?" -.-

Kyle: "Amongst other things." smile

Dani: "I don't know any dog breeds." looks at Lena

Lena: "Uhm... Me neither..." :/

So, for context, lots of mutts in Valcrest, but full breed dogs are rare and expensive, and only noble-born douchebags have them. Why Gerald had one. :P

Q: Would you go to a karaoke bar and sing on stage?

• HI EVERYONE. It's been so long...

I also have a new set of characters that I'm super psyched to introduce~

Q: Are you into video games? If so, what is the best game ever made in your opinion?
    Isa: glances at Ren "Uhm..."

Ren: "Don't worry about it, Isa. You definitely don't know what that is, nor should you really care. Video games are a waste of effort. You don't actually go anywhere or do anything; you pretend."

Cas: shrugs "They can be fun sometimes. It helps me drown out whatever is going on in my head at the moment... I don't really have a favorite, though. The busier, the better, though."

Jon: "You're all heathens. Final Fantasy VII all the way."

Isa: OH I LOVE DOGS!

Ren: rolls eyes "Don't give her options; she'll literally take all of them."

Jon: "And what about you then."

Ren: "I prefer cats."

Jon: "That explains so much."

Ren: "..."

Cas: "I actually have one." smiles "His name is Jack, and he's the most faithful golden retriever, German Shepard mix you'll ever meet."

Ren: "Absolutely not."

Isa: frowns What's a karaoke bar?

Jon: grins "Isa, will you help me get your sister drunk?" :D

Isa: "What?... Why?"

Ren: "Seriously, Isa, ignore him."

Jon: "It would be so funny though!"

Ren: "..."

Cas: "Mmmm probably not. Mostly because I have other things to do."

Q: If you knew you were going to be stranded on an island, what five things would you take with you? There's fresh water available to you, the island is of decent size, and you are dressed appropriately for the climate.

• @typical_demigod

All of my siblings went through dinosaur phases and I've kinda assumed that all children go through them since. It might've been a downward trickle from one of my brother's continuous obsession with dinosaurs, though.
    Fallon realizes that there isn't a set age to become an aunt/uncle, right? (I mean, I guess she does now!)

To be fair, I did go through a dinosaur phase when I was younger, but it was more to do with a minor obsession with Dinosaur King...
    And I think she does, but she never really pictured aunts and uncles becoming so as young as Shaan (who at this point is fifteen). Again, I had a friend who became a step / aunt at the age of 11/12 something.

Michael: What's a fact about them?
    Benito: They experience pleasure from sex.
    Michael: Really?
    Nelly: That is the first fact that comes to your head?
    Benito: Oh, I'm sorry. to Michael They live in the ocean.
    Michael: You have bestowed me with life-changing information. Thank you.
    Benito: nods sagely

xD but dolphins are interesting creatures

@Blackbird

Cleverbot has literally threatened to kill me and assume my identity so it can become human.
    In more than one occasion.
    I don't trust it didn't know it was being recorded in those videos. >.>

O_O I have no words for that.

Dani: "I don't think memorizing the names of every bone in the human body counts much towards my assassin training, but sure." rolls eyes

Actually, I'd say that's a pretty cool thing to know, especially if you also know how to break most of them :3

@huckabayjennifer Hi, there :) Welcome back to the thread, I can't wait to meet your characters :D

Isa: OH I LOVE DOGS!

Izzy: (bouncing in her seat) Me too! ...Do you want to see some pictures of my dog? Her name's Oreo, and she's very fluffy :3
    Alex: I don't mind dogs, but I'm with Ren on this one (pets Wilbur, who purrs). If I had to pick, I'd go with a lab.
    Jake: German Shepard or a Dobermann. Something badass that'll make people think twice about screwing with me :P
    Fallon: (rolls her eyes at Jake; to Izzy) I wouldnae mind looking after Oreo, she's a cute spaniel, but I still think Collies are cool, by the way. (smiles) Although, there's this lovely old lady down the road from us, Mrs. Murphy, and she has this tiny wee dachsund that she walks everywhere, can barely keep up with her on his stumpy legs.
    Izzy: Awww, what's his name?
    Fallon: Jasper.
    Jenna: I wouldn't mind a dachsund, to be honest. They are very cute c:
    Jake: (snickering)
    Jenna: You think koalas are cute, I wouldn't be snickering if I were you.
    Jake: (shuts up immediately)
    Shaan: I think I've said it before, but I don't like dogs. And whilst we're on the subject...koalas do look cute.
    Jake: Thank you! (to Jenna) See, he understands!

Jake: Fuck yeah! Too bad Mum and Dad don't let us stay out later than nine >_>
    Alex: I'm absolutely shocked by your response, Jacob Fox.
    Jake: Mate, I live for the stage. (sticks tongue out)
    Shaan: Not me. Foghorn voice, remember?
    Alex: Hey, I'd probably break glasses and eardrums with my screeching, you'd just sound badass.
    Jake: Okay then, give us a note, if you're so sure about that :P
    Alex: O_O (leans away) No.
    Jenna: You don't have to, Alex, don't worry (glares at her brother). As for karaoke, I can take it or leave it. Perhaps I might do it on a night out one day, whilst drunk, but for now I'm good.
    Izzy: I'd be up for that when this alien business is over. Girls night out?
    Fallon: Fuck it, why not? Girls night out, after we kick alien arse.
    Jake: (slightly offended that he's not been included in this plan) When it's all over, we can all go out and karaoke together, okay?
    Fallon: (pulls a face) Ehhh, well, Jake, it's not that we dunnae want you guys around, but ladies need their own time.
    Jake: (jokingly) Does that mean Alex can tag along?
    Alex: (non-serious glare) No offence, but I'd rather stay at home and finish the next MMO tournament with my guildmates.
    Izzy: (to Fallon and Jenna) Would it count if Alex shifted into a girl?
    Jenna: (shrugs) Not a problem.
    Fallon: Same here.
    Alex: (keeps opening and closing his mouth) I'd—I'd rather not, but...thanks, I guess :3
    Fallon: No problemo, Lex! ^-^

Jon: grins "Isa, will you help me get your sister drunk?" :D

This immediately sounds like a fantastic plan and not at all like it'll result in chaos :P

Q: If you knew you were going to be stranded on an island, what five things would you take with you? There's fresh water available to you, the island is of decent size, and you are dressed appropriately for the climate.
    Jake: Write your answers down, people!
    Five minutes of scribbling later...
    Jenna: Alright, what do we have?
    Jake: (clears throat) A guitar, my notebook, a homemade package of Mum's gyros, my iPod, and a bottle of coke.
    Alex: ??? Why?
    Jake: Why? Because I can fly back home whenever I want, obviously.
    Shaan: He's not wrong.
    Fallon: (rolls eyes) I've got a hoverboard, a flare gun, a huge bag of chocolate, another huge bag of another type of chocolate, and some strawberry ice cream. (notices everyone's looking at her) What? I'm fucking starving.
    Alex: Phone, watch, drawstring bag full of high-calorie food...uhh, that's it. All I need then is to shapeshift, fly back home, change back and eat everything.
    Jenna: Why am I not surprised that you'd want to get off it as soon as possible?
    Alex: Uhh, because you'd do the same thing?
    Jenna: Something along those lines—Survival manual, in case I stay on the island longer than planned; a hook, in case I need to fish; a stockpile of tinned food to fuel powers; my smartwatch, and a compass.
    Shaan: You're assuming that there's going to be any signal or wi-fi. All I want is a boat that won't sink under my weight, a map, a compass, a flare gun, and containers to put food and water in.
    Izzy: (tucks hair back) I, um, I'd bring you guys along.
    Fallon: You would?
    Alex: I thought we'd be too annoying to bring along? :P
    Izzy: Of course not! You're my friends, I'd want you there with me :3
    Jake: We could pool our resources and escape together, I'd be up for that :)
    Izzy: Great! ^-^ I mean, not the stranded part, that's not so great, but yay, friends and not dying alone!

Q: If you had to get up on stage and introduce yourself with one sentence, what would you say?

• @Blackbird

And that's too bad you never played Ocarina. It's the greatest game ever made.

So I've heard.

Johanna: "You cried when it died, though."

Just because it's someone else's dog and/or it is useless doesn't mean there isn't an emotional connection there :P

@huckabayjennifer Welcome back!! These characters seem interesting. Why doesn't Isa seem to know as much as the others, though? Especially since Ren does.

You know, I think cats have a bad rep.

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Shaan: You're assuming that there's going to be any signal or wi-fi. All I want is a boat that won't sink under my weight, a map, a compass, a flare gun, and containers to put food and water in.

As much as Shaan talks about weighing to much, it's a wonder that he's able to go onto any floor of a building that's not the first floor, tbh

As long as koalas aren't wet, they're cute.

Michael: I enjoy karaoke in general, so I would probably be willing to do it on a stage. I don't have a great voice, but I don't have an awful, un-listenable voice, either.

Rus: If I'm with people I know that I know are insulting me in good fun, I would be okay with that. Per human standards I don't really have a great voice, though.

Nelly: Absolutely not.

Benito: What if we do a duet?

Nelly: Still no.

Benito: Oh. I'm out, then.

Benito: exasperated sigh How long are we stranded?

Michael: All of us here are in the military. You've had millions spent on you. I'm assuming this is an island on Earth. If it's more than a week, I'll be shocked.

Benito: ...okay.

Nelly: At least there'll be a beach.

Rus: There still won't be any shelter. And if it's an island in the Pacific or something it'll just be hot. Ugh.

Michael: Maybe if we all just take a shuttle then we can be good to go.

Nelly: I get the vibe that that's cheating.

Rus: One of my items is a giant bag of non-perishable food because even if I knew how to hunt I get the feeling I'm still allergic to whatever is available to be hunted.

Benito: I have to take some sort of allergy pill.

Nelly: My tablet, of course.

Benito: It's assumed that everyone has a tablet with them.

Nelly: rereads question I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Benito: Now it is. The question now reads "There's fresh water, the island is a decent size, everyone has their pad with them, and you are dressed appropriately for the climate".

Michael: Does that mean we can use our data or we get internet or what...?

Rus: If we're stranded, then it's uninhabited, which means no one's been here to set up internet access. If we have data, though, then we can be found even faster, because we can contact people, so definitely we have data.

Nelly: You guys are completely missing the point of this, I think.

Benito: Do you really want to be stuck being eaten by moths and stuck in the humidity?

Michael: ...

Nelly: Moths don't eat people.

Benito: ...

Michael: Anyway, I'm with Lucas. I don't want to lose my clothing from a swarm of moths and run around nude on this island. Those headlines would be pretty embarrassing.

Rus: You would get sand and dirt everywhere ._.

Michael: And that. And mosquitoes could get everywhere.

Benito: Mosquitoes! That's what I was thinking of.

Michael: We know.

Benito: ...

Nelly: Anyway, all we have to do to avoid that is bring some bug repellent.

Rus: Do we get showers on the island?

Michael: If you bring one with you.

Rus: One of my items is a shower, then.

Benito: There's no plumbing on this island. You can have a shower, but you don't have anywhere to install it.

Rus: My other thing is a plumber and their tools and my other thing is all the pipes or whatever the plumber needs to install a shower.

Michael: Wait, if we can bring people, can I bring Dylan?

Rus: Sure. I'll bring Nik, too, so you don't look like the odd one out by bringing a person.

Benito: Haha, I should make Juana come with me.

Nelly: You guys...

Benito: You need to have fun with this hypothetical, Nelly.

Q: If you had to get up on stage and introduce yourself with one sentence, what would you say?

Benito: "Hi. I'm Benito Lucas. I'm from Mars."

Nelly: That's more than one sentence.

Michael: You need to be more descriptive. That really doesn't say much about you.

Benito: How many people do you know from Mars?

Michael: About seventy percent of the friends I've made on Mars are from Mars.

Benito: I don't believe you, because when I was over there, most of the people I met had just moved to Mars.

Rus: "Hey everybody!"

Michael: ...hi?

Rus: That's my introduction.

Michael: Also lacking in description about yourself.

Rus: What are you talking about? My tone of voice says everything about me ^_^

Michael: It says nothing about you beyond that you're good at pretending to be always happy.

Rus: huffs "Hi, I'm Shephyrus Moshnami, I'm a quecheen, I was in the army, I've been across the galaxy against my will, and I can speak two languages fluently and kinda speak two other languages, one of them also learned against my will."

Michael: That says a lot more about you. You sound grumpier, though.

Rus: I'm not pretending to be happy.

Michael: It's probably more accurate to you. We both know you wouldn't want to be on the stage introducing yourself.

Rus: You don't know me.

Michael: I've been on a stage with you where you freaked out about having to introduce yourself.

Nelly: clears throat I'm not going on the stage.

Benito: I'll go up with you.

Rus: What's your sentence?

Michael: "Hey, I'm Michael, the government spent a lot of money on me with your tax dollars just to waste it all, how are you?"

Rus: Sounds accurate. They shoulda known you were gonna flunk out of college and then never pay back everything they gave you to move to Mars, to go to college...

Michael: Exactly. That's kinda the point of this whole exercise.

Q: What do you consider to be your greatest quality?

• @typical_demigod

As much as Shaan talks about weighing to much, it's a wonder that he's able to go onto any floor of a building that's not the first floor, tbh

He's definitely heavier than your average human being, that's for sure. At the moment, I have his weight pegged somewhere in the 200-300 lbs range, but it's not very precise (and probably not scientifically accurate for increased bone-muscle density, but eh). Enough that he'd sink easier in the swimming pool or make a car lower to the ground.

As long as koalas aren't wet, they're cute.

goes to Google a wet koala, then wonders wether it's as bad as a goose's genitalia and if I should stay away...
    Nah, fuck it.
    five seconds later
    O_O That's one very pissed-off looking koala...

RE: That entire 'Stranded Island' conversation — I giggled at the thought of moths eating people and eating their clothes like flying, furry piranhas. I don't know if that indicates a problem with me or not xD

Rus: huffs "Hi, I'm Shephyrus Moshnami, I'm a quecheen, I was in the army, I've been across the galaxy against my will, and I can speak two languages fluently and kinda speak two other languages, one of them also learned against my will."

I will apologise to Rus for initially misreading his name as Zephyrus Moshimonsters, and swiftly add that his actual full name is pretty cool-sounding xD

Michael: "Hey, I'm Michael, the government spent a lot of money on me with your tax dollars just to waste it all, how are you?"

Alex: (nods with approval) Good an introduction as any.

Jake: (thinks long and hard) Come back to me in a minute, I can't choose :3
    Alex: I can't choose for a different reason—namely, I don't have any 'great' qualities.
    Jenna: (frowns) Really, not even one quality comes to mind?
    Alex: ...
    Jenna: I'll take that as a no. (sighs) I'd say my greatest quality is my intelligence; failing that, and that's very unlikely, perhaps the ability to put up with my annoying twin brother?
    Jake: (scoffs) Annoying, really? Nothing like... (searches for a word) vexing, or irksome, or... vexatious?
    Jenna: (blankly) You already used 'vexing', though I'm surprised you used that last word.
    Jake: Only because you won't stop using the fucking thing in your English homework. It's like Stephenie Meyer and her 'chagrinning', only more annoying and pretentious.
    Jenna: (sputters) I'll have you know that the word 'chagrin' was a perfectly legitimate word to use before Meyer tainted it through overuse! And says the boy whose last English essay included "Wot?", "Blud", "Malakas", and "Zoms"! MALAKAS IS THE ONLY REAL WORD OUT OF THE FOUR, AND IT'S GREEK FOR WANKER! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MS. APPLEGATE EVEN LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT!
    Jake: (smirks) She's heard me call our mates 'malakes' loads of times, she probably thought I was saying 'friend' or something.
    (NOTE: Malakas is a somewhat versatile word xD)
    Shaan: (suddenly) I've just thought of one, Alex.
    Alex: Oh yeah? What's that?
    Shaan: (jerking his thumb at the twins) Dealing with their bickering.
    Alex: (considers it) Hmm, actually, yeah. Oh, or my gaming skills, I guess.
    Fallon: Easy for you tae say, Shaan, you have the patience of a saint. (glares at the twins, who are still arguing) Will the both of you shut the fuck up, or will I have tae make you?
    Jake: (stops; grumpily) She start—
    Fallon: Give it a rest, both of you, before I get a migraine.
    Jenna: Fine. What do the rest of you think?
    Izzy: I think I need Jake to explain half of those words to me, because at the moment it sounds like nonsense.
    Jenna: (to Jake) I told—
    Fallon: AH-D-D-D-D-D! (holds her finger up) Shush.
    Izzy: (shakes her head) You don't have to do that, Fallon. Anyway, where was I? Oh right, qualities. I think it's my ability to read two books at once without losing where I am in the plot or forgetting which characters are from which book. It used to be empathy but...(taps temple) I technically cheat now.
    Shaan: Now that Fallon mentions it, it probably is my patience. Or at least, my self-restraint.
    Fallon: I'd say you give the least amount of fucks of anyone here, by the way.
    Shaan: (shrugs) I s'pose. You?
    Fallon: My kick-assitude, what else?
    Jenna: (rolls eyes)
    Jake: Oh, and before you tell me to shut up again, I've been told I'm quite charming, so there :P

Q: What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?

• @shy_not_fly17

Actually, I'd say that's a pretty cool thing to know, especially if you also know how to break most of them :3

Lena: "Thank you!" throws hands up

Dani: "Ooooh...I DO know how to break them." O_O

Lena: "You don't say."

Jake: (scoffs) Annoying, really? Nothing like... (searches for a word) vexing, or irksome, or... vexatious?
    Jenna: (blankly) You already used 'vexing', though I'm surprised you used that last word.
    Jake: Only because you won't stop using the fucking thing in your English homework. It's like Stephenie Meyer and her 'chagrinning', only more annoying and pretentious.
    Jenna: (sputters) I'll have you know that the word 'chagrin' was a perfectly legitimate word to use before Meyer tainted it with overuse! And says the boy whose last English essay included "Wot?", "Blud", "Malakas", and "Zoms"! MALAKAS IS THE ONLY REAL WORD OUT OF THE FOUR, AND IT'S GREEK FOR WANKER! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MS. APPLEGATE EVEN LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THAT!

Write me a whole book of just these two arguing so I can die happy one day. Thank you. >.>

I will apologise to Rus for initially misreading his name as Zephyrus Moshimonsters

I just died laughing.

@typical_demigod

Just because it's someone else's dog and/or it is useless doesn't mean there isn't an emotional connection there :P

Johanna: "He called it useless. If he loved it, it wasn't. My point stands."

Besides, it was totally his dog. Technically it was his mom's dog, but... Not really.

That's a thing with pets, like, I had three dogs in my life, but I only feel the first one was actually mine. The other two were way more attached to my mom. I still loved them, but they weren't my dogs. shrug

As long as koalas aren't wet, they're cute

Koalas are cute, but they're right there with sloths in the category of 'really gross animal facts I wish I didn't know'.

Gabrielle: "Staying calm under pressure."

Gerald: "I can read people very well and that's useful." long pause "Most people. I can read most people."

Johanna: shrug

Gerald: "You're not skipping this question, Jo."

Gabrielle: "Tucker, leave her alone."

Gerald: "No, come on, she has a ton of qualities!"

Johanna: "..."

Gerald: "You do." =.=

Johanna: smiles

Gerald: extremely flustered "Don't look at me like that." >.>

Johanna: hugs ^.^

Aaaand she gets away with not answering anyway. Well done, Gerald. :P

Sebastian: "I'm a nice guy. I think that's my best quality. There are too many assholes in the world. No offense, Tucker."

Gerald: "None taken."

Kyle: "I don't know, really. I mean, I'm not a horrible person or anything, so I guess I have qualities... Just none of them particularly stand out to me."

Dani: "I don't know. I think... I'm likable. Is that a quality?"

Lena: "Well you're not inherently likable. People like you because of your qualities, I think."

Dani: "Oh, uhm... I don't know?"

Lena: "You're charismatic, I think that's a good enough way to put it."

Dani: "I can live with that. What about you, then?"

Lena: "Eh, I've already said I'm smart enough times in this thread. That's why people think I'm a bitch."

Dani: "No one... Well, I mean... You're not a bitch." :/

Lena: chuckles "I appreciate you saying that. Even though you called me a bitch twice this week."

Dani: "Just because I say that during training, doesn't mean I actually think so."

Lena: "I know, kid, I'm just messing with you."

Dani: "Besides, you have plenty other qualities. Pft."

Lena: "I think you're a little biased in saying that, but I'll take it."

Gabrielle: "These idiots." points at the others

Johanna: "Aaw, we love you too, Gabe."

Gabrielle: "Shut up." -.-

Gerald: "I'm pretty stubborn and if it so happens that I'm wrong, that can turn into a really bad thing for me."

Johanna: "I don't want to talk about it."

Sebastian: "I'm impulsive and sometimes a bit too reckless."

Kyle: "I don't have a great hold on my emotions. Which, not a good thing when you can set fires on a whim." >.>

Dani: "I lack a lot of confidence in myself and then the fear of failure inevitably leads to failure. Like a pathetic self-fulfilling prophecy."

Lena: "Don't be so hard on yourself."

Dani: "Well, if I could do that, it wouldn't be a problem, would it?" -.-

Lena: "Fair point." sigh "Well, I think pride is my greatest weakness. I don't like being told I'm wrong, being wrong, or having to admit that I'm wrong. And that's usually not a problem, except when I happen to be wrong."

Dani: "When has that actually happened?"

Lena: "It's happened. And it wasn't nice for anyone involved."

Q: What sorts of activities does/did you family do together?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 Yeah, I didn't look up the goose's genitalia because I generally try to avoid scarring myself, but the wet koala isn't super bad. Just freaky.

RE: That entire 'Stranded Island' conversation — I giggled at the thought of moths eating people and eating their clothes like flying, furry piranhas. I don't know if that indicates a problem with me or not xD

No, that visual image makes me smile.

I will apologise to Rus for initially misreading his name as Zephyrus Moshimonsters, and swiftly add that his actual full name is pretty cool-sounding xD

His name is adapted from Zephyrus so that's kinda expectable, tbh. I was redesigning the world and I realized I should probably have a not-human-originated name for my first-gen alien and decided sounds like "sh" were common, especially in place of "z" sounds from Nisurgi.

Yep. Cheated all the way on that one just to avoid having to relearn his name.

Moshimonsters amused me. It's too bad that isn't his last name.

I'm rather surprised that Jake has read anything by Stephenie Meyer. He may be criticizing her and her word usage, but I think the truth is deeper than that: Stephenie Meyer's novels are his secret pleasure.

Alex: (nods with approval) Good an introduction as any.

Michael: bows Thank you. It's good to see that someone around here understands the importance of an introduction.

@Blackbird

Koalas are cute, but they're right there with sloths in the category of 'really gross animal facts I wish I didn't know'.

The other thing I avoid looking up is animal facts. The fact Benito shared a while ago about dolphins is NOT how I learned that fact. How I learned that fact changed the way I view dolphins forever. I figured some of you probably wanted to keep your image of dolphins as they are. >.<

Jo's greatest quality is the ability to skip questions and not get called out on it.

Benito: I can really hold a grudge.

Nelly: I'm pretty much the opposite. I'll always forgive everyone.

Benito: I can also be stubborn. I also don't tend to take people's emotions into consideration when I decide things.

Nelly: You're supposed to pick one thing. Not pick out every single thing that you do badly.

Benito: My greatest weakness is the ability to always spot faults in everyone and everything and not find positive things.

Rus: Uhm. I guess opening up emotionally, honestly. I'm better at it than I used to be but it's still hard because I don't know how to gauge when a person is actually interested in my life and when they're just putting up with me.

Michael: I'm impatient and I get angry with people very easily just for that. I'm the guy that people talk about when they say they hate customer service. Despite working in customer service for a short period. :|

Rus: frowns I remember in New York we used to go on walks a lot, but after we moved we didn't really have anything like that. Before Nev died, me and her and Nik would go out a lot after school, but then he started college and that kinda stopped. pause And then she like died. That definitely put an end to it.

Michael: I don't think we've ever done anything regular? But my parents have been pretending they don't both want divorce since I was thirteen, so I don't know if things were rocky before that and I didn't notice, or what. Otherwise, I had things that I did with my dad sometimes and things I did with my mom sometimes, but nothing as a family, really.

Benito: We always had dinner together. If you missed a dinner, you had to be deathly ill. frowns

Nelly: What?

Benito: I miss it a little.

Nelly: Oh. hugs My sister and I used to visit abandoned houses in the middle of the nights when we were teenagers. I think that's the only thing I can pick out as a regular thing from when I was a kid, because doing activities is expensive when you're a large family.

Q: If you could go on a vacation (without worrying about the cost, where the pets will go, etc etc.), where would you go and/or what would you do?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

The other thing I avoid looking up is animal facts. The fact Benito shared a while ago about dolphins is NOT how I learned that fact. How I learned that fact changed the way I view dolphins forever. I figured some of you probably wanted to keep your image of dolphins as they are. >.<

Well... I wanted to be a biologist once upon a time, so I can't blame this entirely on my late night googling sprees. Animal facts were a part of my life.

And I already knew that about dolphins. And the fact they are one of few species of animals who commit rape recreationally and enjoy the act of murder.

On that note, you don't want to know what sea otters do to baby seals. It makes dolphins look like goddamn princes. >.>

Nelly: Oh. hugs My sister and I used to visit abandoned houses in the middle of the nights when we were teenagers.

That's awesome. o.o

I'm going to go with my own question because I've exhausted all the places these guys would go if they could in previous questions. Valcrest is tiny and they only know so much about the rest of the continent. :/

Gabrielle: "..."

Gerald: "Porter?"

Gabrielle: "Hm?"

Gerald: "Uh... Are you alright?"

Gabrielle: "Hm, yeah. I just... Haven't thought about this in a long time. My family, when we were on the road, we used to find a safe place to make a fire and we'd sit together and play music or tell stories. Sometimes we'd roast marshmallows. It was really nice."

Gerald: "Sounds like you had a lot of fun... While hunting down dangerous criminals and all that."

Gabrielle: "It was a pretty fun."

Kyle: "What are marshmallows?"

Gabrielle: "...You're joking."

Sebastian: "We never heard of them."

Gabrielle: "I'm making a supply run right now." -.-

Gerald: "...I don't know what those are either."

Johanna: shrugs

Gerald: "Uhm... I didn't get a lot of free time with my mom after I joined the guard, but... When I was a kid we used to play games every night before bedtime and sometimes when she was off duty we'd have mock sword battles in the living room." smirks "We've broken a lot of furniture in the first ten years of my life."

Johanna: "I remember playing dress up with my brother sometimes." pause "I don't think he enjoyed it much."

Gerald: "I reserve myself the right to make fun of him for this."

Johanna: "Don't be mean, Gerry." snort "I'll tell him about your unicorn plushie."

Gerald: "Ugh, fine. How did you make him play dress up with you anyway? It's not like he's all that younger than you."

Johanna: "I'm very persuasive." smiles

Sebastian: "A lot of our childhood games involved throwing things at each other... and beating each other with sticks..."

Kyle: "Isn't that basically what we do in training now, though?"

Sebastian: "Huh. True." shrug "Kat and I used to do riddles and logic puzzles too. Kyle... Doesn't like them though."

Kyle: "Well, I'm not good at them."

Dani: "Mom and Dad don't have a lot of time with us. Which, we can't help that really, the Alpha and Beta don't have free days. Lena and I do stuff together some times and we do stuff with Sarah all the time. We have picnics by the lake and we go fishing sometimes."

Lena: "Sarah didn't like fishing all that much, though."

Dani: "She didn't like finding out it kills the fish. Before that, she was having fun." chuckle

Lena: "We probably should have covered that before we took her out. and you definitely should not have pointed out we kill animals for food all the time."

Dani: "She'll get over it, Lena. And if not, the worst that can happen is she'll become a vegetarian."

Q: Is there a 'life changing' realization or discovery you made as a child that made a deep impact on you (if not permanently, at least at the time)?

Also, back to the topic of animal facts... While I was writing this post one of my friends sent me this:

alt text

You're welcome. :P

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.