Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition)

• @typical_demigod Ahhh okay, thanks for explaining that ^-^ Why don't the hybrids exist legally?

Honey badgers are not to be messed with.

Agreed. I think someday I'm going to make a character either inspired by the honey badger itself, or make it their spirit animal. I imagine they'd make for a veeery interesting character xD

Benito: That sounds like the thing where parents have favorite children.
    Michael: They do.

Jake & Jenna: (stare at each other)
    Alex: Um, are they...?
    Izzy: Yes, they are. (to the twins) Don't start this here, please :3
    Jenna: I wasn't the one who started it.
    Jake: (scoffs) So you weren't just thinking that because you're the older twin and you're more mature that it makes you the favourite?
    Jenna: I thought no such thing! (to Izzy) Tell him!
    Izzy: (puts her hands up) I'm staying out of this. But please, if you're going to continue, do it later.
    Jake: Okay...sorry.
    Jenna: (sighs) If you insist.
    Izzy: (sinks back in the chair, relieved)

Q: Would you rather color a picture or draw a picture?
    Alex: I sometimes do fanart, so I'd rather draw.
    Fallon: I'll colour. I'm better at punching things than drawing.
    Izzy: Wait, Alex, you do fanart? Maybe you could show me sometime? :3 I like drawing.
    Jenna: Drawing would be fine if I could make the lines straight without a ruler; I'll go with colouring.
    Jake: Me too. Shaan?
    Shaan: (has been sitting in the 'Thinker' pose this whole time) Hm?
    Jake: Colouring or drawing?
    Shaan: (blinks) I... That's not a fair question.
    Fallon: Oh yeah, I forgot—ye love all that arty farty shite.
    Jenna: Which one do you find easier?
    Shaan: (considers) It used to be colouring, but...well, making art and having enough strength to make dents in solid steel don't mix very well.
    Jenna: (frowns) Didn't you say you'd been working on your co-ordination since the accident, though?
    Shaan: It's not perfect. Getting dressed, eating, general stuff like that's fine. Drawing is just... (mimes snapping a pencil with one hand)
    Fallon: Jesus, Shaan. (hugs him) If ye need any help from us, just ask, okay?
    Shaan: (surprised, but awkwardly accepts the hug) I'll...keep it in mind, thank you.
    (NOTE: Shaan's powers 'activated' after a car crash sometime before the events of the story. I'm technically still doing research on wether there'd be significant psychological trauma and the like, so it's not concrete :3)

Q: What's a talent/skill you wish you had that somebody you know has?

• @shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

@typical_demigod Ahhh okay, thanks for explaining that ^-^ Why don't the hybrids exist legally?

It's a carryover from the original setting they're from and tbh I haven't worked on adapting the reason. More or less it's because neither group has ever accepted them as their own, and because, historically, it's easier to blame problems on them than actually take responsibility for them. (They're also a small population of the world. Michael and Rus grew up in a city with a relatively high population of halfbloods and there were still probably only ~5-6k. Generally, if they mind their business and stay in their communities, they don't get messed with. Generally.)

Plus, it's more likely for a halfblood to be able to do things like kill people with a thought than wholeblood fairies, which is a fact that scientists refuse to accept & thus have not researched.

Jake & Jenna can solve this easily: One is their parent's favorite son, and one is their parent's favorite daughter.

Aww, supportive friends! Sometimes fiction lacks in the friend area of relationships and seeing friend-relationships (and sibling relationships) make me happy tbh

Michael: I know so many people that can draw shit or write shit and I'm just over here in a corner, all alone, unable to art in any way, shape, or form.

Rus, an Artist™: pats back It's okay. There's lots of people that aren't good at art.

Michael: I guess.

Benito: I'm very bad at letting things go. It takes me a long time to come to terms with things. In the same vein, it takes me a long time to acknowledge that sometimes you just need to apologize to a person and move on.

Nelly: The ability to comprehend chemistry would be nice, even though I have no need for it in my personal life.

Rus: I almost failed high school, in large part because of math, so the passing ability to do math would be handy.

Michael, a Mathematician™: pats back It's okay. There's lots of people that aren't good at math.

Rus: I know. They make it really obvious. They write songs about how much they hate math.

Michael: They do? Societal hatred of math is strong, but that strong?

Rus: You know, the person being talked to in the average song could be anything or anyone you want it to be. You know, like, I hate math, but I love it at the same time because the modern world exists. That's what most relationship songs are about, it seems like. Hating but also loving someone/something.

Michael: Do you just sit around trying to figure out what songs are metaphors for?

Rus: I actually heard someone compare money to most relationship songs in a podcast I listen to and with that context I thought of math, which applies more strongly to my life, but if it makes me look more sophisticated, then yes, yes I do.

The saddest part about Earthlings is these two never actually have any screen time together. They talk about each other in passing in the narrative, but they're never physically in the same place.

Q: Are you any good at math? Do you like it?

• @typical_demigod You would've thought that scientists would put their feelings aside in the pursuit of knowledge, but like you said, easier to try to shift the blame/responsibility/etc. than face up to it. shrug Though now I think about it, some might find it concerning that there are people out there that could kill you with a single thought.

Haha, that's an excellent solution! I suspect, however, that they'll just find another reason to bicker about who's better soon enough x)

I agree; I find it somewhat annoying that there's this whole cliché about romantic relationships being 'The Most Important Thing Ever' in fiction, and I'm more than happy to write about strong platonic/fraternal/familial relationships (not to say that romantic/sexual relationships aren't valid in fiction, of course ;) ).
    On a slightly unrelated note, something I'm aiming for with these characters is to have them be neutral/cautious or even outright bitchy with one another in the beginning of the story, and then develop their relationships so that while they're not instantly BFFs, they can get along somewhat without it turning into chaos :3

Aww, I'm with Rus on that one. Maths is a necessary but horrible subject and I wish that either I could be better at it, or not need it in life altogether xD

They never have screentime together!? That's kinda sad. They sound like they hang out quite a bit and get along fairly well :3

Q: Are you any good at math? Do you like it?
    Jenna: Yes, and yes.
    Jake: Fuck no! If you gave me the choice between having all my clothes set on fire and a maths lesson, I'll take the burning clothes, thanks.
    Alex: Uhh, that's a little bit harsh. Without mathematicians, we wouldn't have computers, calculus, calculators...basically, a lot of important shit.
    Fallon: Dunnae give a shit, if I'm honest. Maths can fuck off.
    Shaan: I wouldn't say maths should fuck off, but I'm not great at it.
    Izzy: Yeah, I'm not great either, but it's an okay subject :3
    (Would've posted a longer reply, but it's late and I'm yawning a lot xD)

Q: What brings you the most joy (could be even the smallest little thing)?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 To be fair, there's been one recorded instance of it, many many many centuries ago, but the few named halfbloods are fairly powerful, with varying degrees of reprecussions. (And the person who can kill people with a thought isn't going to run around willy-nilly killing people because that takes energy. A lotta energy.)

I agree; I find it somewhat annoying that there's this whole cliché about romantic relationships being 'The Most Important Thing Ever' in fiction, and I'm more than happy to write about strong platonic/fraternal/familial relationships (not to say that romantic/sexual relationships aren't valid in fiction, of course ;) ).

Same. But I'm also terrible at writing romantic relationships, so I avoid them for that sake :P she says, with three out of her four regulars in a romantic relationship

They never have screentime together!? That's kinda sad. They sound like they hang out quite a bit and get along fairly well :3

By the start of the story, Rus is at least a dozen lightyears from the solar system, which makes communication (I think) several weeks one-way. In the story, I might have a scene or two in their past, but I have yet to figure that out definitively.

But they're also the kind of friends where they could not talk or see each other in years and when they get together it's like they hang out/talk all the time. In ~4 years they've seen each other in-person once, and that was before Rus embarked on the trip he is on at the beginning of the story.

Jake: Fuck no! If you gave me the choice between having all my clothes set on fire and a maths lesson, I'll take the burning clothes, thanks.

Benito: Granted, math has always been easy for me, but I've also been on fire, and I can assure you, you would prefer the math lesson. rolls eyes and mutters under breath

Seriously, though, math makes the world go round. I, too, despise it because it makes me cry, but you can't deny that the world is better off with math.

Rus: Food. pause And colorful things. I love colors so much <3

Michael: whispers but you never got colorful shoes... loud enough to be heard clearly I like music. Music makes me happy.

Benito: Sleep.

Nelly: Oh. I thought you were gonna be romantic or something.

Benito: Oh. I actually meant "Being with one of my two best friends." I'm guessing you can figure out which one I'm talking about based on the context.

Nelly: I... actually am having a hard time figuring out how sarcastic you're being o_o

Benito: I'm not.

Nelly: I...

Benito: I'm not?

Nelly: O... okay...

Benito: There's a ton of context there. You know, like being specifically called out because you don't find energized people romantic and you think being sleep deprived is more romantic.

Nelly: That right there is exactly why I'm not sure whether or not you're talking about me.

Benito: It's your turn. Say something romantic.

Nelly: When people buy me Valentine's gifts and when people send me a message so that it arrives on my birthday, not four months later.

Benito: First off, Valentine's is dumb. Second off, you have known me long enough to know that I will never remember when your birthday is until I get a reminder on my calendar. long pause Anyway, I remembered to give you a gift.

Nelly: pauses, then nods It was a very nice gift.

It was probably a book and it was probably a book that she already owned, but there's not a ton of things that can be sent electronically.

Q: Are you good at keeping a budget?

• @typical_demigod

Same. But I'm also terrible at writing romantic relationships, so I avoid them for that sake :P

To be fair, I've never written romantic relationships before, but I imagine I'd be terrible at it xD They'd probably have the most awkward moments as well (on the other hand, if you're writing a teen romance—especially a first love—that might not be so bad? :P)

By the start of the story, Rus is at least a dozen lightyears from the solar system, which makes communication (I think) several weeks one-way. [...] But they're also the kind of friends where they could not talk or see each other in years and when they get together it's like they hang out/talk all the time.

Ah, that would make sense. And I like friendships like that! ^-^

Benito: Granted, math has always been easy for me, but I've also been on fire, and I can assure you, you would prefer the math lesson. rolls eyes and mutters under breath

Jake: (beaming) You sure about that, mate? 'Cause I've been on fire too—a few times, actually—and all it did was tickle.
    Jenna: You did burn your clothes though, the first time. (to Benito) He had to walk around in his boxers until we could get our hands on spare clothes. (pauses) So why didn't you find that embarrassing?
    Jake: Because one, at least I had my boxers and trainers, and two, I was on a victory high from kicking some fucking ass. Oh, and three: I was on fire! Double entendre intended ;)
    Jenna: If I remember correctly, you were screaming and the scarthian almost killed us.
    Jake: We were both screaming, and the operative word there is 'almost'.
    Jenna: (shaking her head) Sometimes, I really fail to understand you.
    Jake: (grins back) You're welcome.

Benito: Sleep.
    Nelly: Oh. I thought you were gonna be romantic or something.
    Benito: Oh. I actually meant "Being with one of my two best friends." I'm guessing you can figure out which one I'm talking about based on the context.
    Nelly: I... actually am having a hard time figuring out how sarcastic you're being o_o
    Benito: I'm not.
    Nelly: I...
    Benito: I'm not?
    Nelly: O... okay...

Aww, that made me giggle ^-^ And I can relate; it's hard for me to tell when people in general are being sarcastic, at times.

It was probably a book and it was probably a book that she already owned, but there's not a ton of things that can be send electronically.

That's happened to me too xD I have that many books that occasionally I get another copy and they end up being given to my sister.

Shaan: Yeah, I'd say so. Depends on what the budget is for, though.
    Fallon: Aye. I know Scots are 'supposed' tae be stingy bastards, but I couldnae budget tae save my life. Da makes me take a list when I go shopping, but I'll still come back with more than we need. Like shoes. Or chocolate. Mmmm...
    Jenna: Managing my money isn't a problem for me. Jake's the one who overspends on clothes and music.
    Jake: What can I say? Two of my greatest passions, right there.
    Jenna: (glances up and down at him) You dress like a grungy urban hipster.
    Jake: Why, thank you! :D
    Alex: (glances over at his massive collection of comic books) Uhh...Sometimes, I guess? I mean, I've been buying more DC recently too...
    Izzy: (glances over at her massive wardrobe) ...No? I'll say no :3

Q: What would you say best describes your sense of humour?

• @shy_not_fly17 Most of my romances I make already in a relationship because worse than writing a romantic relationship (for me) is writing people falling in love. Like I don't even know how to write attraction and infatuation and you want me to write a convincing love story??

Jake: (beaming) You sure about that, mate? 'Cause I've been on fire too—a few times, actually—and all it did was tickle.
    Jenna: You did burn your clothes though, the first time. (to Benito) He had to walk around in his boxers until we could get our hands on spare clothes. (pauses) So why didn't you find that embarrassing?
    Jake: Because one, at least I had my boxers and trainers, and two, I was on a victory high from kicking some fucking ass. Oh, and three: I was on fire! Double entendre intended ;)

Benito: First off, how did your clothes get burnt so badly that you had to remove them, but you only felt 'tickled'?

I'm not sure if some of these people have actually budgeted before. :/ It's interesting to know that most of them admit to being terrible with money. Then again, they're all teenagers. I'mma assume most of them don't have many bills. :D

Michael: I'm open minded about what kinds of humor I consume.

Rus: On that note, I laugh at puns sometimes. I dunno, I find puns really amusing.

Benito: I've been told I have a dry humor. I'm not 100% what that means, but people I trust my life with have told me that I have dry humor, so I believe them.

Nelly: That's very polite.

Benito: I know.

Nelly: I don't know? I laugh at everything. It makes it hard to describe my sense of humor.

Benito: It's really kind of pleasing how easily you laugh. to Michael It's impossible for her to stay angry if she laughs.

Michael: I know people like that. They amuse me.

Nelly: Anyway.

Benito: I like the way it sounds, too. pause It's also kind of amusing that you try to get angrier because I make you laugh but then you can't do it.

Nelly: Two birds with one stone, I guess.

Q: Would you rather face one horse-sized goose, or a hundred goose-sized horses? (I forgot whether the referenced bird is a goose or duck. So if I mixed it up & you've heard of this, feel free to correct it.)

• @shy_not_fly17 @typical_demigod You guys wrote a lot while I was otherwise engaged so I'm not gonna respond to most of it. But I am going to say Kyle would like to point out that setting other people, or yourself, on fire "is not a flipping joke".

Sebastian: "And I for one am glad he knows that now." >.>

Kyle: "I've always known that. I just momentarily didn't care. That ONE TIME."

@typical_demigod

Most of my romances I make already in a relationship because worse than writing a romantic relationship (for me) is writing people falling in love. Like I don't even know how to write attraction and infatuation and you want me to write a convincing love story??

Ugh, Crys and Jake pissed me off so much when I started writing them. Every scene of them in the first and second RPs pisses me the hell off when I look back at it. I think; I THINK, after almost seven years of writing them I can now do it right on the rewrites, but oh boy were those early scenes utterly horrible.

Luckas and Dastan who are involved with characters that aren't also mine have been a lot easier, though. I guess I just don't know how to flirt with myself, then.

...There's something I never thought I'd say, but oh well. lol

I hate it when people make me laugh when I'm angry. I absolutely hate it. My brothers do that all the time. -.-

Okies... Let's answer all the questions, or at least a lot of them, shall we? XP

Q: Who would you say has influenced you the most in life (role model, parent, an old friend, etc.)?

Gabrielle: "My father. And my brothers to a lesser extent. They were horribly misguided and literally doomed our entire crew to death, but they were terrific guys."

Johanna: "And your mother?"

Gabrielle: "I don't want to talk about my mother. Or my sister." sighs "They were innocent."

Gerald: "My parents. I guess, my mother influenced me most, but my father was a better role model. He was... All of the things I'm not. People loved him." shrug

Johanna: "Aw, we love you, Gerry."

Gerald: chuckles "Noted. That said, you lot aren't particularly right in the head, are you?"

Johanna: -.- "That's mean." snort "True, but mean."

Gabrielle: "Gee, wonder why you had no friends before, Tuck."

Gerald: "Suppose you were miss popularity?"

Gabrielle: "Kind of. After all your friends die off you start to question whether that's worth it, though."

Gerald: sigh "You make it impossible to give a decent come back when you start saying things like that."

Gabrielle: "Oh? I had no idea."

Gerald: -.-

Johanna: chuckle

Sebastian: "I'm now extremely concerned that the three of you are the only adult role models left in my life."

Gerald: "You could do worse, kid."

Sebastian: "True."

Dani: "My parents. And, as much as it pains me to admit it, Lena." >.>

Lena: "Well, seeing as I'm your instructor, I'd be shit at my job if I didn't influence you at least a little bit."

Dani: "That's not what I meant."

Lena: "I know. I was giving an out, but if you want to get all sentimental on me, go ahead."

Dani: "I hate you."

Lena: "Pft, kid, we know that's a lie. We didn't answer that 'first word' question, did we? Shall I remind you of yours?"

Dani: "Stoooop..." glares

Lena: chuckle "Alright, alright..." sigh "I guess... Mom has been my greatest influence so far. Joe to a lesser extent. Dad was an influence on me in a different way."

Dani: "What do you mean?"

Lena: "I... Uh... I remember him dying, is what I mean. I still remember how two healers weren't enough to save him. It was too late for that." frowns "If his partner knew what to do it wouldn't have been."

Dani: "You don't know th-"

Lena: "I do know that. One fucking tourniquet would have slowed the bleeding enough. The whole of the White Shadows couldn't have recovered all that blood, but one skilled healer should be capable enough to repair one stupid severed artery if only there was enough time. I DO know that. It's a stupid way to die and it absolutely shouldn't happen!"

Dani: sigh "You can't guarantee that the tourniquet would have been enough. You do know how complicated it is to repair an artery. And you know there are high mortality rates to any surgical procedure no matter how simple. Even I know that. Because you taught it to me. So just stop, okay? Don't."

Lena: snort "Look, I'm not stupid, I understand that nothing's going to change what happened, I know that medicine is still far from perfect, but it shouldn't be. It doesn't have to be. And if I have any sort of say, nothing like that is ever going to happen to you, or Sarah, or anyone else in this camp. Because it doesn't have to."

Ugh, why is this dialogue suddenly taking place here? This makes me sad in about 50 different ways. -.-

Gabrielle: "I don't know if I want to admit to this."

Gerald: "Oh? Well, we need to know now."

Gabrielle: "Ugh..." mumbles "I can't whistle."

Gerald: holds in laughter "Oh..." snort "It's really easy, I could just teach you."

Gabrielle: "No, no... I've tried. I really have. My brothers tried really hard to teach me, I just... can't do it."

Gerald: "That's... Really weird. Still, it's not a lifesaving skill or anything, so there's that at least."

Johanna: "Gerry can draw really, really well."

Gerald: "Yeah, well, unlike me making muffins, I'm pretty sure you could learn to draw."

Johanna: "You just need to keep trying."

Gerald: "I feel bad for wasting our supplies on inedible garbage, Jo."

Johanna: "You make really good tea." smiles

Gerald: chuckle "True. I can do that."

Kyle: "Well, we pretty much suck at everything these guys know how to do, but that's the whole point of training."

Sebastian: "That's true. Although, I am better than you at some things and vice-versa, so that should count."

Kyle: "Oh, wait, are implying I'm better than you at something?" fakes shock

Sebastian: "Don't be an asshole about it, but sure. You're a better tracker than me, you're better at setting traps, you're far more patient than I am; so Gerald keeps reminding me..."

Kyle: "You're just better at fighting and generally being cool."

Sebastian: "Pft, being cool isn't going to keep me alive. It'd be nice if it could; because I am, but it probably won't."

Kyle: "And there it is." -.-

Sebastian: "You're not a bad fighter, my reflexes are just a bit better and, to be honest, we both know I have a slightly unfair advantage with that."

Dani: "Lena knows the names of every healing herb in existence and exactly where to find them in Valcrest. I've seen her walk out of a room, come back in ten seconds with a handful of leaves and save a kid who was dying from a bee sting."

Lena: slightly flustered "That was... Nothing really... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have died waiting for the healers or anything. Wasn't a serious allergic reaction. He could still breathe okay."

Dani: "The White Shadow who treated him called you brilliant. Mom called it brilliant also."

Lena: "One advantage of my enlightenment is that I'm rarely able to forget anything. It comes in handy. It wasn't that much of an extraordinary feat by any means, it was just luck that the medicine he needed grows all over our camp and I happened to remember what it looked like."

Dani: "Literally no one else would have been able to remember that on the spot even if they knew it. And that's awesome. For someone who's constantly going on about how smarter than everyone you are, you're infuriatingly humble when you actually do something with it."

Lena: "That's because I don't do anything to get praise and honesty; I'd just rather not." shrug "If you want to know the truth, great part of my confidence stems from not giving a shit about other people's approval, whatever fraction of a moment I'd spend worrying what someone else thinks is time and attention I'm not putting into whatever I need to get done. And if you learn any life skill from me, I'm hoping it's that one."

Dani: "..." sigh "See, saying things like that is why..."

Lena: "Kid, shut up." chuckles "Ugh... Alright... Do NOT tell Eldric this, but I'm a terrible archer and I do envy his skill, just a tiny bit sometimes."

Gabrielle: "This is going to sound sad and antisocial of me, but I really enjoy being alone and not having to deal with people. It's not that I don't like people; or at least not that I don't like these people, points at the other Hunters "but there are moments where everything is just a bit too exhausting for me." :/

Gerald: "We all need to recharge sometimes. I like to just curl up with a book. Jo... Climbs on trees for some reason."

Johanna: "...Birds."

Gerald: "Birds?"

Johanna: "I like to watch the birds."

Gerald: "On the trees?"

Johanna: "Mhm. It's fine if you don't get too close to the nests. You just have to be quiet."

Dani: "Spending time with my little sister."

Lena: "Same."

Dani: "Sarah is spoiled, isn't she?"

Lena: "Eh, probably, but that's mom's problem, not ours." >.>

Gabrielle: "I make do."

Gerald: "Eh... I was never good with money. My mother had a lot of it, and my father had literally none. It was a confusing thing for me growing up."

Johanna: "No."

Sebastian: "I never really had to and it looks like we won't be learning from these guys." snort

Dani: "I'm learning. The Alpha literally manages every bit of coin earned by the clan, so I have to be good at it or the clan is screwed. No pressure."

Lena: "Yes. It's... not that difficult." shrug

Gabrielle: "Tucker says I have no sense of humor and I tend to trust his judgment so I don't know."

Gerald: "I'd describe my sense of humor as people mistakenly assuming my intended insults are a joke and laughing for a bit until they realize I was actually dead serious and fall awkwardly silent."

Gabrielle: "I've seen it happen. It is incredibly funny."

Johanna: "Weird. My sense of humor is... Weird."

Gerald: "When Jo is being randomly weird it means she's trying to be funny. And to be fair, once you realize that, it kind of is."

Jo: ^.^

Sebastian: "According to Kyle, I find attempted murder pretty amusing."

Kyle: "I stand by that statement."

I actually have someone in the main story, I think it was Annie, mention that Sebastian really liked puns, which... Now going into Shadows Rise I'm willing to bet is a habit he picked up with the sole purpose of annoying the shit out of Lena. But they don't know each other yet.

Also, I don't know why I had to establish that... I hate puns. -.-

Dani: "I like practical jokes. As I'm sure's been mentioned a couple of times."

Lena: "I've been called snarky. Regularly. Is snark a thing that I do a lot?"

Dani: "Literally every time you interact with a person."

Lena: "Huh. Well then."

Q: Would you rather face one horse-sized goose, or a hundred goose-sized horses?

Gabrielle: "What in the actual fuck is this question?" -.-

Gerald: "Do I have to? I mean, if they're not actively mad at me, I'd rather the tiny horses any day because geese are scary, but if I have to fight them... Well, I reckon I could shoot one goose easier than I can one hundred tiny horses."

Johanna: "Don't shoot the tiny horses!" >.>

Sebastian: "I don't know if this is a weird riddle or just a straight up stupid question."

Dani: stares at question "Did I just have a stroke?"

Lena: "I'm pretty sure you haven't. And no, I don't know how to answer that. Or why for that matter."

Q: Do you like riddles?

• @Blackbird @Shy_Not_Fly17 Benito is pleased that there are other people agreeing with him about being on fire.

@Blackbird Is it wrong that I really want to start calling Gabrielle Gabby? Can you make that a canon nickname? Every time I want to say something about her I want to use "Gabby" instead of her actual name :/

Dani: "I hate you."
    Lena: "Pft, kid, we know that's a lie. We didn't answer that 'first word' question, did we? Shall I remind you of yours?"
    Dani: "Stoooop..." glares

Was Dani's first word "Lena"? Because that's adorable :D

Lena: "That's because I don't do anything to get praise and honesty; I'd just rather not."

Me. I'm never sure how to respond and it makes me feel awkward. I don't know why, but it does.

Why is anyone questioning what Jo does anymore tho?

Also, I don't know why I had to establish that... I hate puns. -.-

When you write a throw away line and then decide to write a prequel with the character referenced in that throw away line and realize you've made a terrible mistake.

Sebastian: "I don't know if this is a weird riddle or just a straight up stupid question."

I cracked up so hard. @Sebastian It's just a straight up stupid question that you must answer, with a reason why.

Yesterday, when this question was posed (everyone in the van was exhausted and some degree of sleep deprived, I should add) someone said that they wanted the horse-sized goose because then they could ride it and that was, by far, the best answer to that question I've ever heard.

Nelly: I do! I find them to be a lot of fun.

Rus: I don't know? I don't think I've had to answer a riddle or think about one before.

Benito: I mean, I can solve most riddles, but I also don't go out of my way to hear a riddle or to solve one.

Nelly: Sometimes I can get him to do them with me ^_^

Benito: Why do you say it like that? You say that like I've ever said no when you asked.

It's great to know that these two like to solve riddles, because I am terrible at riddles. So yeah. Great.

Michael: I'm secretly really bad at analytical thinking and, therefore, I don't like riddles.

Q: Do you/Would you like biscuits?
    By biscuit, I mean this:

0_1500387494753_71e8ea0b-933b-48e0-adf1-4a1a8ce189fc-image.png

• @typical_demigod Heh. Gabrielle's family used to call her Gabby. So she'd definitely not respond to it well now. :/

Jo's brother could call her that and live if they ever share a scene because he's a bit of an a-hole like that and Gabrielle wouldn't want to kill him for Jo's sake. If I ever flashback to when her brothers were alive, then it'll definitely come up, though.

Dani's first word was "Sis", but close enough. And yeah, that is pretty adorable and Lena will never let her forget it.

Yeah, I can't handle praise too well myself. I like it, but I don't know how to respond to it. lol

Honestly, Gerald answered that one the way most of my characters would answer "Is it going to kill me and how can I fight it?" lol

Jo would probably want a hundred little horses though because that sounds adorable to her.

Also, I doubt you could ride a giant goose. Geese are psychopaths.

It's great to know that these two like to solve riddles, because I am terrible at riddles. So yeah. Great.

Wanna trade? I do your riddles and you do my puns? I love riddles and I'm usually pretty good at them. I don't even understand puns in English most times. -.-

Q: Do you/Would you like biscuits?

Gabrielle: "Unless Tucker made them, sure."

Gerald: glares "They're not my favorite, but I like them."

Johanna: "Oooh, I can make those!"

Kyle: "Yes, please!" o.o

Sebastian: "I wouldn't say no to that."

Dani: "I don't think I've ever had those. But they look good! I'm sure I can learn to make that."

Lena: "I'm sure there's a recipe book somewhere in my room."

Dani: "Cool, let's find it!"

It's horrible to think of how well these people would get along if they weren't on opposites side of this. I can totally see Dani and Jo just hanging out and baking cookies. sigh

Q: Do you like to dance? Are you good at it?

• @typical_demigod Lol pretty much me as well. I made an attempt at writing some 'non-canon' fluff about two of my characters, but it didn't go anywhere xD

Benito: First off, how did your clothes get burnt so badly that you had to remove them, but you only felt 'tickled'?

Jake: (grins and sets his hand on fire, wiggling his fingers) Superpowers, mate.
    Jenna: (rolls her eyes) You didn't need to show off; an explanation would have sufficed.
    Jake: (lowers his extinguished hand and moans) But that's boring.

I'm not sure if some of these people have actually budgeted before. :/ [...] Then again, they're all teenagers.

Pretty much xD I've never budgeted before, at least not to my knowledge, so there's that too.

@Blackbird

Oh my god, I laughed way too hard at that xD

Q: Would you rather face one horse-sized goose, or a hundred goose-sized horses? (I've always heard it as horse-sized ducks, but it doesn't matter much ^-^)

Jenna: (with an arched eyebrow) Well, I wasn't expecting that to be the next question. Perhaps the horse-sized goose, since that would mean dealing with just one creature.
    Fallon: (stares) Have ye ever seen the inside a goose's mouth? It's a fuckin' nightmare brought tae life! Why the fuck would ye want to face one as big as a fuckin' horse!?
    Jenna: What are you talking about?
    Fallon: (opens up Google) This.
    This
    Everyone: O_O
    Jake: (hand up) I'd like to change my answer...
    Alex: WHAT THE HELL EVEN IS THAT!? (clings to a tiny horse that's randomly shown up)
    Shaan: I'm glad I would've gone with the goose-sized horses. (carefully reaches out to pet the horse)
    Izzy: (shudders) This reminds me of the time I was chased by a swan O_O
    Jenna: What happened?
    Izzy: O_O Satan happened.
    Jenna: (is about to say something, but decides not to pursue the matter) Next question, please :3

@Blackbird

But I am going to say Kyle would like to point out that setting other people, or yourself, on fire "is not a flipping joke".

Jake: I hear you, mate, but the only people I set on fire are the people who want to kill us all and then turn what's left into laser-burnt crispies. If I did that to an ordinary person... (looks down and shakes head) Look, the point is, I might be an immature little malakas—sometimes—but I'm not dumb. Believe me.

Gerald: "I feel bad for wasting our supplies on inedible garbage, Jo."

Izzy: Aww, I'm sure it's not that bad :3

I actually have someone in the main story, I think it was Annie, mention that Sebastian really liked puns, which... Now going into Shadows Rise I'm willing to bet is a habit he picked up with the sole purpose of annoying the shit out of Lena.

xD

Jake: Why not? Sharpens your problem-solving skills.
    Alex: I guess. I can usually do them, but I prefer puzzles involving numbers.
    Shaan: Same here, but I like rubik's cubes and shapes.
    Jenna: Mhm. I like riddles :) Dad would tease us with them when we were kids, which was fun.
    Fallon: God, they're so fucking hard. And ye dunnae even need them, by the way. It's not like ye need riddles tae get a job or save the world.
    Izzy: What if the password to something important is the answer to a riddle?
    Fallon: How often does that fucking happen?
    Izzy: It's not impossible, is it though?
    Fallon: (sighs) Point being, I didnae need it before, I dunnae need it now.

Do you/Would you like biscuits?
    Jake: :D Gimme! (grabs one)
    Alex: I'm sorry, but those look exactly like scones.
    Jake: (munching on the biscuit/scone) Yeah? And?
    Jenna: (gently elbows him) Not with your mouth full, Jake!
    Jake: (spilling crumbs) You're not my mother!
    Alex: (in a small voice) I've, uhh, never had scones... :3
    Jake: (almost chokes)
    Shaan: What.
    Alex: I've never had scones! Okay? SUE ME!
    Shaan: I've had them. In fact, I made them myself in Home Tech! With strawberries and cream and everything!
    Fallon: (shocked) We are no longer friends, Alexander.
    Izzy: Why? You've never had scones either :3
    Fallon: (folds her arms) I'm a Scot. He's got no excuse!
    Jenna: I've had haggis, and I didn't need to be Scottish for that. Plus... (shows the Google search she just did) scones are just as much associated with Scotland as they are with England. In fact, it appears the first mention of scones were in a translation of a book done by a Scottish poet.
    Fallon: (has never had haggis either) ...I'll take a scone, please.

Q: What would you do for 10 dollars/pounds/other currency?

• @shy_not_fly17 Think my post beat yours to the punch by a split second. lol

One of my RP buddies was really into Scottish and Irish culture and stuff and she explained in great detail to us what haggis is. And no. No thanks. Even if it's delicious, I know too much now. >.>

I love how your characters Google everything. sigh modern times. The closest to a search engine in Shadows Rise is Lena, her stupid awesome memory and thousands of books she's read. :P

For the sake of this, let's say 10 silver.

Gabrielle: "You can't buy me." glare

Gerald: "You can't buy me that cheap." smirk

Johanna: "How much then?"

Gerald: arches eyebrow

Johanna: patiently awaits answer

Gerald: "I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing and now I'm afraid to answer."

Johanna: "Your rates. When you were a mercenary. What else would it be?"

(Jo knows exactly what she did there >.>)

Gerald: "Oh." clears throat "That depended on the job really. More risk; more gold."

Kyle: "250 gold."

Gerald: "What?"

Sebastian: "That's the price the Wolves put on our sister's life. 250 gold."

Gerald: sigh "The standard contract goes for 200. If the target is under the age of eighteen or otherwise considered 'an innocent', it costs more."

Sebastian: grimace

Kyle: "Good to know they turned a nice profit there."

...And now we're all sad again. Lovely. -.-

Dani: "Not much really. I might do some chores for it, if someone was willing to pay not to have to it themselves."

Lena: "The only thing I ever did for money cost way more than that. And for good reason."

Q: Have you ever spent a lot of money on something you didn't actually need?

• @blackbird Aw damn, beaten to the post xD Oh well.
    Same. I don't think I could ever have haggis, knowing what it is... scrunches face up On another note, though, I do love learning about culture. Do wish I could properly understand Scottish/Irish Gaelic though; all those letters that go unpronounced or get pronounced differently always trip me up! Same with Welsh.

xD Well, that's what Google's for. Idk if I could directly refer to it in the story itself, because, y'know, copyright laws and that type of shit. Still, they have to find this stuff out somehow.
    shudders again upon remembering the search results for a goose's mouth

Gerald: "You can't buy me that cheap." smirk
    Johanna: "How much then?"
    Gerald: arches eyebrow
    Johanna: patiently awaits answer
    Gerald: "I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing and now I'm afraid to answer."
    Johanna: "Your rates. When you were a mercenary. What else would it be?"

=.= I see what you did there, Jo...

Gerald: sigh "The standard contract goes for 200. If the target is under the age of eighteen or otherwise considered 'an innocent', it costs more."
    Sebastian: grimace
    Kyle: "Good to know they turned a nice profit there."

Jesus. Just...Jesus. Don't really have much else to say to that.

It's horrible to think of how well these people would get along if they weren't on opposite sides of this.

I agree, it gives me that funny feeling in my gut when I see characters who'd otherwise get along fine if they weren't part of conflicting factions. And then my mind wistfully conjures up 'what could've been's and I go off to find ice cream xD

And since we both posted at the same time, I'll answer both of yours:

Jake: Hell yes! ^-^ It's fun.
    Jenna: Oh really? By all means, demonstrate your dancing prowess. I'm sure we'd all love to witness it >:)
    Jake: Actually, I'm resting myself. I just finished guitar practice.
    Alex: Sure you did. (pats Jake's shoulder) I don't really like to dance, but I'm okay, I guess.
    Izzy: I love it! All the twirls and spins...and that's not going into the different styles :D
    Shaan: I want to like it, but the last time I tried I put a hole in a wall, so...No.
    Fallon: I can tell ye from experience that dancing and martial arts dunnae mix. MA's about timing your moves based on your opponent, and music and dancing would just throw that timing off. (moves hands about, unsure how to explain it) Does that make sense?
    Jenna: I've got the general idea, yeah. I'm quite good, according to our teacher, but I'm more interested in how you can get a whole group of people to move in complete synchronisation.
    Izzy: Pretty easily, really. As long as you have the right teacher and you're determined enough.
    Jenna: I suppose that's true.

Alex: (without hesitation) Comics and videogames are my life, they're completely necessary!
    Jake: (patting him on the back) Sure they are, mate, sure...
    Fallon: You'd say the exact same about music, with the way you're always on about it—
    Jake: Music is a human right! No one in their right mind would say no to music! It's art! It's freedom of expression!
    Jenna: (decides not to point out that music isn't actually a human right) If you insist. (thinks) I once begged Mum to let me have one of those giant plasma balls, remember that?
    Jake: Oh yeah, (snerks) you threw a tantrum in the middle of the aisle and wouldn't get up until she got it for you.
    Fallon: When was...?
    Jenna: Four, before you ask.
    Shaan: Not as bad as a £200 on an easel after I thought I'd lost my other one. I had to pay for that out of my own pocket money :3
    Izzy: (looks back at the massive wardrobe again)

Q: Do you play a musical instrument? If not, which would you play if you could and why?

• @Blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

Wanna trade? I do your riddles and you do my puns? I love riddles and I'm usually pretty good at them. I don't even understand puns in English most times. -.-

I'm willing to take you up on that, but I'm bad at puns. Most of my humor is spontaneous based on where I'm at (which makes it insanely difficult to write humor).

It's horrible to think of how well these people would get along if they weren't on opposites side of this. I can totally see Dani and Jo just hanging out and baking cookies. sigh

I think about things like this a lot. Have you ever seen Band of Brothers? It's a mini series based on a group of RL WWII soldiers and it's a few years old now (at least a decade), but there's one scene where one of the soldiers says that he thinks about how if the circumstances were different, he and a German soldier might've realized that they both liked fishing and both liked X and been great friends.

It's sad but it's really good.

I dunno how I thought their sister died, but it was not that way. What did she do to upset them?

@Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: (grins and sets his hand on fire, wiggling his fingers) Superpowers, mate.

Benito: Then try to imagine this scenario where you don't have superpowers and you're on fire. I'm pretty sure you'd rather be in a math lesson.

XD geese man

just... birds in general.

Alex: (in a small voice) I've, uhh, never had scones... :3
    Jake: (almost chokes)
    Shaan: What.
    Alex: I've never had scones! Okay? SUE ME!

Replace "scones" with "Harry Potter" and you'll get the same reaction. (I've never read HP and I've only seen two-ish movies.)

I love how Shaan tried to distract everyone from Alex never having scones.

Izzy: (looks back at the massive wardrobe again)

How is she supposed to have an excuse for her fabulous outfit in the final battle without that massive wardrobe, though??

Michael: I love to dance. I don't think I'm any good, but I love it.

Rus: I'm good at some forms. When I was younger I almost did ballet or tap before my mom discovered gymnastics and decided I was doing that. I'm pretty neutral about it, though.

Benito: I don't do it all the time, but I enjoy dancing. I'm decent at it, I'd say.

Nelly: I'm a terrible dancer and I don't like to dance.

Rus: I would kiss someone on the lips for that. Not like an intense kiss, just a really quick kiss, but I'd do it. I'd also jump in front of a moving vehicle for that.

Michael: You need help.

Rus: Yes....

Michael: When I was fifteen I ate a whole ghost pepper for ten bucks.

Rus: amused

Michael: Turns out I'm allergic and I left in an ambulance.

Rus: It was worrisome at first, and then everyone got the details and it was funny.

Michael: Yep. High school. Almost-death is just a funny joke.

Benito: I would drink a milkshake if you gave me a 10 of currency.

Nelly: I think most people would.

Rus: I wouldn't. I'm allergic to milk.

Michael: rolls eyes You're allergic to everything.

Rus: I'm not allergic to apples ^_^ They're still gross, but I'm not allergic to them.

Nelly: Well, anyway. I would also drink a milkshake for ten bucks. I'd also wear open-toed shoes for a day for ten bucks. That's it, really.

Rus: I paid for an apartment even though I could've lived on base. Base housing is pretty crappy, though.

Michael: I agreed to help cater an event, which resulted in me paying the whole catering bill because... I don't know why, but anyway, bought a ton of food and most of it came home with me.

Nelly: I bought a car just to say I had a car. I mean, it was helpful for getting around, but taxis don't really cost that much, either.

Benito: I'm a very impulsive buyer, so yes. I am certain that I have.

Q: Do you play a musical instrument? If not, which would you play if you could and why?

Benito: If I could learn an instrument, it would probably be the guitar. I had a chance to learn before I went to college, but I didn't have a prosthetic yet, so I know random things about it and I can read some of the music, but I can't play it.

Nelly: I thought you were gonna learn when you get out.

Benito: Probably, yes. They're easier to learn when you're younger, though.

Nelly: Yeah, but you can say you play it. pause I've never had an interest in music. Like, I like to listen to it, I can really appreciate it, but I've never been interested in playing an instrument.

Rus: I can play a flute ^_^

Michael: I knew the piano when I was a kid, but I haven't played in years. I'm sure I can read some of the music still, but otherwise... I probably wouldn't relearn it, either. I probably wouldn't learn anything else, either.

Q: Have you ever drank alcohol or taken drugs (with the intent of getting high)?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 Jo is not at all as innocent as she'll have people believe. And Gerald is well aware of that. He's also not very good with innuendo and she knows that. :P

If you think a goose's mouth is terrifying don't Google their genitals.

@typical_demigod I've heard of Band of Brothers, but I've never seen it. War stuff, not my deal. :/

Katherine did absolutely nothing against the Wolfpack, no. They were just hired to kill her. Chapter 3... 4... somewhere at that point... is when Sebastian sort of goes into this, when he meets Gerald, but basically... Their dad left a lot of money directly to Kat when he died because the twins were only around ten years old at the time. So this guy who was their father's cousin rolled around one day and hired the Wolfpack to take her out so he could come into the money. And, there is a lot of bullshit about Valcrest laws that would allow him to just leave Sebastian and Kyle with absolutely nothing in the aftermath of this.

Anyway, the first time the boys escaped the orphanage they actually went back home. And Sebastian found a letter the guy was in the process of writing that actually detailed how he came in contact with the Wolfpack and assuring someone that he'd pay them back for the 250 gold he borrowed to do it.

There are a lot of increasingly depressing details about this that will get brought up along the way. And I'm really not looking forward to it. At all.

If you ever decide to get into Harry Potter don't do it through the movies. I'm just saying, they fuck up the story.

Nelly: I'm a terrible dancer and I don't like to dance.

Me. XP

Rus would sell himself pretty cheap. Wow. lol

Q: Have you ever drank alcohol or taken drugs (with the intent of getting high)?

Gabrielle: "Eeeh... I wouldn't say 'with the intent of getting high', more like my brothers encouraged me to get drunk once because they thought it'd be funny. I don't remember if it was, and I'm pretty sure I did something bad because no one was willing to talk about it the next day." -.-

Gerald: "How old were you when this happened?"

Gabrielle: "Uhm... Fourteen, I think."

Gerald: "Were your parents still alive?"

Gabrielle: "No. I'm sure they would have been either furious or extremely amused. It depends on what exactly happened."

Gerald: "I drank a lot after my mom died. And I'm a pretty mean drunk apparently. So I had to stop doing that before I got myself or someone else killed."

Johanna: "Were you drinking when we met?"

Gerald: "No. I was just miserable. If I had been drinking we would never have become friends. Trust me."

Johanna: "It couldn't have been that bad."

Gerald: sigh "Trust me."

Johanna: "I've never been drunk. Or high."

Sebastian: "I've never been drunk. At least, not yet."

Kyle: "I don't want to talk about it."

Dani: "Nope. I don't even like alcohol much." < totally gets drunk later in the story

Lena: "That's debatable. I mean, does accidentally testing a sedative on yourself count?"

Dani: "Hmmm... I don't think it counts unless you meant to test it on yourself."

Lena: "Then no." >.>

Q: Is there anything you vowed to never do again as long as you live?

• @blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

If you ever decide to get into Harry Potter don't do it through the movies. I'm just saying, they fuck up the story.

Well, I've only seen the movies because a younger sibling read all the books and loved them and wanted to see the movies, but the younger sibling doesn't read often and HP movies were the place where he realized how different movies usually are from books, and he pretty much refuses to watch the rest.

Based on the movies alone, I wasn't super intrigued by the story, and I'm not in the mood to read thousands of pages of book.

Rus would sell himself pretty cheap. Wow. lol

Luckily, he usually hangs out with people that are more responsible than him that will prevent him from doing so.

Dani: "Nope. I don't even like alcohol much." < totally gets drunk later in the story

She clearly was drinking the wrong alcohol the first go-around.

Michael: Leave Earth. I can never visit it because I will stay forever, so I'm holding out until I can move back permanently.

All my Earthlings are such whiny babies. They don't like not-Earth because there's not really anything like weather, sunshine, the entire immediate & extended family, close friends, etc.

Benito: Again? Hmm. You know, I try to live by the 'no regrets' rule.

Nelly: You told me that you're never teaching again.

Benito: Ach, I hate teaching.

Michael: ......this explains a lot.

There's a subplot where Benito stays on a teaching ship partially because those are the ships that are going to do research missions and partially because he and Robbins have worked out that the best way to insure that they can continue to work together is to stay where they are.

Nelly: Personally, I'm never dating anyone clingy again. Did that once and it was a roller coaster that I do not intend on riding again.

Benito: Oh yeah drugs. That's a thing that happened that I'm not doing again.

Rus: Ice skating. It's a weird thing, and a close friend does a lot of ice skating and that's always the go-to destination whenever we hang out, but I decided I don't like ice skating and I'm not doing it anymore. ._.

Q: How likely are you to be the winner in a brawl?

• @typical_demigod

Benito: Then try to imagine this scenario where you don't have superpowers and you're on fire. I'm pretty sure you'd rather be in a math lesson.

Jake: Hmm... what about those stunt people who run through fires? Don't they have those suits or something?

I can't remember if I read the books or watched the films first, but I enjoyed both. I think if I had to pick, I prefer the books.
    (Five minutes later: Penny finally drops)
    Wait a minute, did you just say...

I love how Shaan tried to distract everyone from Alex never having scones.

It's a good job the question wasn't how "scone" is pronounced, otherwise there'd be a riot xD imagines an entire room of people just flinging scones at each other whilst someone's screaming 'IT'S SC-OH-NE, NOT SC-ON-E!'

How is she supposed to have an excuse for her fabulous outfit in the final battle without that massive wardrobe, though??

That's true, she wouldn't be able to rock up in that nice pink hoodie with the bunny ears if she had no room for it x) Then again, I don't think a pink bunny hoodie is practical wear for defending Earth...or a fight...or stealth...

[Rus:] I'd also jump in front of a moving vehicle for that.

Jesus, Rus, I've only just gotten up.

@Blackbird

If you think a goose's mouth is terrifying don't Google their genitals.

O_O I am now having an internal battle between doing that or forgetting you ever said that...
    To Google, or not to Google... that is the question.

Johanna: "I've never been drunk. Or high."

Same. Although that's to be expected from me xD I have tried alcohol before though.

@typical_demigod

Dani: "Nope. I don't even like alcohol much." <totally gets drunk later in the story

Lol One of my friends once had a bottle of Captain Morgans and I had the smallest sip of that when we were all meeting up one day. Absolutely disgusting. Tasted like cough medicine burning my throat. Blegh!

Shaan: Jaywalking. That, and hitting anyone as anything other than a last resort or self-defence.
    Fallon: Jesus, and I thought falling back intae the rut I was in three years ago was depressing.
    Jake: Rut?
    Fallon: I...Yeah. What about the rest of ye?
    Jenna: I'm never performing piano for an audience again, that much is certain.
    Alex: Say no more. After the Tiki Boy incident, I'm staying offstage for good.
    Jake: God, you guys and performing... (sighs) I'm gonna say that time I was chased by the motherfucking air force. Never again. Never fucking again.
    Fallon: Dunnae think I was there for that. What happened then?
    Jake: (shakes his head) Plane sees a flying boy, thinks he's a bomb, missile gets launched, pants metaphorically shat. Y'know, 'the usual'.
    (NOTE: I don't even know if this incident will ever get written, so atm where it is on the plot's timeline is murky)
    Izzy: :S I promised myself I'd never go near another swan.

Rus: Ice skating. It's a weird thing, and a close friend does a lot of ice skating and that's always the go-to destination whenever we hang out, but I decided I don't like ice skating and I'm not doing it anymore. ._.

Ice skating scares me a little. Not only do I worry about slipping and falling, I also worry about cutting myself in the skate's blades by accident x3 shudders

Fallon: (a little smugly) 99.999999%
    Jenna: (stares blankly) Every time you abuse percentages, another statistician dies. Stop it.
    Jake: (snickering)
    Alex: (watching the three of them with wry amusement) I'm, uhh, assuming we're just talking about a plain fistfight?
    Shaan: Yeah, I assume so.
    Alex: Well, there's no way I'm winning a fight with these noodle arms (flails them awkwardly).
    Jenna: A fight isn't just about punching things, it's about wits too.
    Fallon: If Shaan or I punched ye, you'd be on the floor. Wits cannae do shite about that.
    Jake: But it can stop you from being punched in the first place :P
    Izzy: But it's a brawl. You're already being punched.
    Jake: I'd say my odds are good.
    Jenna: Of being punched? :)
    Jake: :P Fuck off.
    Izzy: I don't think it's very likely for me to win, honestly :3
    Jenna: I'm sure that's not the case, Izzy. Me, personally, I'd say I'm fairly likely to win. Dad taught us self-defence, after all.

Q: If you baked a cake, what would it be, and how would you decorate it? (I'm really hungry right now, so you'll have to excuse me xD)

• @shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

Jake: I'd say my odds are good.
    Jenna: Of being punched? :)
    Jake: :P Fuck off.

I love these kids. lol

Don't Google it. Seriously DO NOT. Be glad you have a choice cause my friends don't give me that. They be like "Hey, look at THIS!" and BAM scarred for life. -.-

@typical_demigod

Well, I've only seen the movies because a younger sibling read all the books and loved them and wanted to see the movies, but the younger sibling doesn't read often and HP movies were the place where he realized how different movies usually are from books, and he pretty much refuses to watch the rest.

Your sibling has my respect. >.>

Dani has only had alcohol once and it was some random thing someone sneaked into camp because they're not allowed any except if there's an official celebration going on; like a birthday or a wedding, or Creation Day. But she does love apple cider and one day she'll discover there's such a thing as hard cider in the world.

And then never again. :P

Gabrielle: "Extremely."

Gerald: "When Porter and I spar it's about 50-50, so against a regular human being I'd say my odds are great."

Gabrielle: "I'd say it's about 60-40, Tucker."

Gerald: "Well, I was trying to not make you look so bad, but..."

Gabrielle: "Don't make me dent your face right here. Because I will."

Johanna: "Not in the face."

Gabrielle: "Pft... Fine."

Gerald: points at the scar on his clearly-broken-a-few-times nose "Think it's a bit late for that."

Gabrielle: "And you're trying to say you can take me on like that when you've clearly been smashed in the face repeatedly before."

Gerald: "I was drunk and self-destructive and let's just say I wasn't all that invested in not getting my face smashed at the time. It absolutely doesn't count!"

Gabrielle: "I'm clearly far more stable mentally than you too, then, so..."

Gerald: "I swear to all the Twins... Do you want to go right now? We can go right now."

Johanna: silently stands between the two "I don't think I'd do well in a fist fight. Unless I cheated. And pulled a knife." >.>

Gerald: "Which, if it means defending yourself, you absolutely should do, but in a spar... Yeah, no."

Sebastian: "So, you're saying that it's absolutely okay to pull a knife on an empty-handed opponent?"

Gabrielle: "Rivers, there's no such thing as fair fights in the real world."

Gerald: "Porter's right, kid. The thing about fighting, in general, is you want to inflict the most damage as fast as possible so that you don't get hurt. And the thing about fist fights is that they always hurt. Smashing your hands into another person's body hurts under any circumstance. And if you can't avoid the fight itself, maybe it's worth at least avoiding that. We're not saying you should always stab people trying to take a swing at you, but if the situation is serious; then yes, you absolutely should."

Kyle: "Hm."

Dani: "Eeeeh... I'm not sure. I think it depends on who I'm fighting. I couldn't punch Lena but I'm pretty sure I could take Eldric."

Eldric: "I don't think so."

Lena: "I think either of us could easily beat you up."

Eldric: -.-

Dani: "Okay, Lena, that's mean. You know Eldric is way too nice to prove you wrong. He wouldn't beat me up if he could. Which... He can't, but..."

Eldric: "I need to reevaluate my choice of friends. Clearly."

Lena: "After all that crap you gave me for failing archery training I don't think you get to bitch about this, Eldric."

Eldric: "I never failed any part of my training, though, and you're yet to prove you can actually beat me in a fight. I am much stronger than you."

Lena: "True, you are, but... I'm faster and have absolutely no reservations about actually hurting you if that's the case. Realistically, I'd only have to hit you once and make it REALLY count."

Eldric: "I think you're much too sure of that, kid."

Lena: "Well, any time you want to take a swing at me and prove me wrong, you know where to find me." smirks

Dani: wonders at what point this conversation has devolved into flirting "I think I need to reevaluate my choice of friends right now." -.-

Q: If you baked a cake, what would it be, and how would you decorate it?

Gabrielle: "I wouldn't ruin the concept of cake by trying to bake one. I can cook some things, but I'm not a baker."

Gerald: "Charcoal. Is charcoal a flavor?" :/

Johanna: sigh "What would it be if you could bake one, though?"

Gabrielle: "I like carrot cake. We have carrots don't we?"

Gerald: "Yup. We have carrots."

Kyle: "We need chocolate for the frosting, though. I don't think there's any left."

Johanna: "No, but we can have orange glaze instead."

Gabrielle: "That sounds really good."

Johanna: "...Okay, I'm baking a cake I guess." chuckle

Kyle: "I'll help!"

God damn it, now I want carrot cake. sigh

Dani: "My favorite cake to make is apple-cinnamon. I'm not too good with decorating, though. I just sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on it. It's good warm in the winter.

We joked a little in the RPs about Crys being addicted to apples, but... there are a lot of apple trees near the Wolves camp and it's definitely their most abundant source of dessert material. So. >.>

Lena: "That is pretty good."

Dani: "Well, if this whole 'Alpha' thing doesn't work out for me, I can always run off and open a bakery, then."

Lena: "I don't think that's what happens if this 'doesn't work out', sis. I'm just saying."

Dani: "A girl can dream." -.-

As tempted as I am to ask for the correct pronunciation of scone...

Q: What is your favorite dessert?

• @blackbird

Don't Google it. Seriously DO NOT. Be glad you have a choice cause my friends don't give me that.

I think you might be underestimating a) my morbid curiosity, and b) the tendency for my friends to find some really weird shit, post it on Discord, and say "Heeeeey, take a look at dis!"
    I have seen things...
    (Still one of, if not THE, most innocent/naive person in my group, btw xD)

Dani: wonders at what point this conversation has devolved into flirting "I think I need to reevaluate my choice of friends right now." -.-

has only just occured to me how little my characters have attempted flirting with each other so far and laughs

Gerald: "Charcoal. Is charcoal a flavour?" :/

Same, Gerald, same xD

As tempted as I am to ask for the correct pronunciation of scone...

GET DOWN!!!! ducks under the table to avoid THAT grenade

peeks out from under the table ...Oh.

...Well thank fuck for that.

Jake: (looks to Jenna) Ice cream sundae's are the shit.
    Jenna: I won't argue with you there, but my absolute favourite has to be the pasteli that yia-yia makes when we go to Greece, remember that?
    Jake: (suddenly very conflicted) Shit, that was good, wasn't it?
    Shaan: Yia-yia?
    Jenna: Our grandma. We go over there to see our Greek relatives almost every year, and she'll always make pasteli.
    Shaan: I've never met my mum's parents. My dad's keep in touch over the internet, though. Anyway, my favourite dessert... has to be chocolate brownies.
    Alex: Ahem. (raises an index finger) Hot fudge brownies.
    Izzy: Ahem, ahem. (puts a hand on Alex's arm) Pumpkin pie.
    Fallon: (rolls her eyes) Why do you need pastels or pies when you can have strawberry ice cream?
    Jenna: (under her breath) Pastelis, Fallon, it's pastelis.

Q: What kind of food would you like to try in the future?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Jake: Hmm... what about those stunt people who run through fires? Don't they have those suits or something?

Benito: This day in age

coughs a century or two from now

Benito: I don't think they use real fire at all. If they do, common sense dictates using suits, and in this scenario, you don't get one of those suits, because you aren't a stunt person on TV.

You know, you learn something new everyday. This whole scone thing has taught me that if I ever find myself in the UK and/or in a room full of people from the UK, I must absolutely silence them all and ask: How do you pronounce 'scone'?

(It's funny; here in the southern US it's common to refer to shopping carts as buggys. I'm not sure if there have ever been arguments as to whether they're 'buggys' or 'carts', but if you use 'buggy' around northerners you will be called out on it. (Case in point: I was out shopping with a bunch of friends and one of them said he was gonna go find the buggy and me and a couple others were like "buggy??? LOL XD" and he had a minor crisis and had to verify that 'buggy' is, indeed, a legit way to refer to shopping carts.))

Then again, I don't think a pink bunny hoodie is practical wear for defending Earth...or a fight...or stealth...

It can be removed for stealth, and honestly, I get the vibe that many of her clothes don't have pockets, and most hoodies have pockets, so it's actually very practical.

Fallon: (a little smugly) 99.999999%
    Jenna: (stares blankly) Every time you abuse percentages, another statistician dies. Stop it.

I'm 99.9999999% sure that that fact is untrue.

@Blackbird

We joked a little in the RPs about Crys being addicted to apples, but... there are a lot of apple trees near the Wolves camp and it's definitely their most abundant source of dessert material. So. >.>

That is a tiny bit depressing. I'm okay with apples themselves, but most desserts involving apples I find gross. (Which includes apple pie, which seems to both amuse and offend my fellow Americans at the same time.)

Q: If you baked a cake, what would it be, and how would you decorate it?

Michael: I would order a vanilla or a yellow cake or something like that from the baker and have it delivered. I would say chocolate, but usually I don't do that because Dylan is allergic to chocolate. Sometimes Dylan bakes, though, and that's usually when I eat cakes, because I'm too lazy to make them myself, and quality cakes are kinda expensive.

Benito: I don't know of any bakers, so I can't have it delivered. I found out about German Chocolate cake, and that's really good. I made it once before and if I had the supplies I would totally make it again. I wouldn't decorate it special or anything because I'm not an artist in anyway. The frosting always just is messy.

Nelly: It has coconut. That't why he approves of it.

Benito: I think it has more flavor than just plain chocolate cake in general because there are more ingredients involved. The coconut helps, though.

Nelly: I'd make red velvet cake and I would frost it and if I was feeling really creative I'd find the icing tip to make flowers and I'd make them all different colors.

Rus: I'm not participating in this conversation >.>

Rus: That's a hard question. pause Maybe these like chips that are usually kinda salty and there's a dip you dip them in that someone said tastes lemony?

Michael: It's really sour. If you don't like sour and you don't like salty, don't eat it.

Rus: It's good.

Michael: Don't. It's two very strong flavors that honestly don't mesh at all.

Rus: It's. Good.

Benito: Ice cream.

Nelly: Pie. Any pie. It doesn't matter what kind; I'm not picky.

Michael: I like cookies, I guess. I dunno. I've never really had a preference for any particular dessert or anything, I guess.

Q: What kind of food would you like to try in the future?

Benito: I've heard good things about hamburgers, but the one time they were made, when I got there, most of them were eaten because they didn't make enough. By the time more were made, I already ate a salad. So I haven't had one yet.

Nelly: Everyone got food poisoning, so you didn't really miss out.

Benito: And that.

Nelly: I wish you told me when we were on a planet together. There are burger joints everywhere.

Benito: shrugs

Michael: I'm kinda surprised you've made it this long without having one. I mean, you never had any friends in college or something that dragged you out and made you eat a hamburger?

Benito: Not really. The only place that everyone agreed served worth-while burgers was really expensive, so the one time I ate there, I ate something I could actually afford.

Michael: Huh.

Rus: I want to eat authentic Nisurgi cuisine at some point, but I'm told eating at Nisurgi restaurants supports their regime. :|

Michael: facepalm

Rus: I don't know if you remember when my aunt first moved over, but her children were adamant about that and when I suggested trying one out, you know, since they were able to tell me if it was authentic or not, they flipped out.

Michael: They realize that Nisurgi people don't pay taxes to anyone on Delsia, right? That they do not, in fact, have any affect at all on what happens on Delsia, right?

Rus: They barely spoke Chinese and they didn't speak English and they couldn't point out the continent of North America on a map. I really don't think they did. They might now, but they definitely didn't then.

I mean, that's a little extreme. They could probably point out continents. They weren't totally clueless.

Nelly: I think it would be interesting to try sushi, but the raw fish part changes my mind every time I almost do it.

Michael: I like sushi. Personally, I don't think there's anything that I haven't tried that I want to? I would probably remember when it's in front of me, but not off the top of my head.

Q: Would you keep a hamster as a pet?

• @typical_demigod Yeah, you've mentioned the sin of not loving apple pie before. :P

See, I love apple pie, but it's not common here, the closest we have is Apfel Strudel (because lots of German immigrants in my area of Brazil) and it's not the same thing. And it has raisins in it. Which is a sin. SIN. >.>

Funny enough, I'm not too big on actually eating apples, though. :P

I had sushi once and I didn't care for it and then I told people I didn't think it tasted like anything and they were like "you're doing it wrong" and I decided I don't care enough about raw fish to figure out how to properly have sushi.

Q: Would you keep a hamster as a pet?

shows a picture of a hamster

Gabrielle: "Why do you hate me?" glares

Johanna: "Want." o.o

Gabrielle: "No."

Gerald: "Come on, the thing would be in a cage and you won't even see it."

Gabrielle: "It's practically a mouse, we have a bunch of those running around already."

Johanna: "..."

Gabrielle: "No. We can't have a pet mouse."

Kyle: "What is your deal with animals?"

Gabrielle: "If it dies if we don't feed it and we have to carry it with us when we move safe houses... It's a liability. And yes, for the moment, that actually applies to the two of you. So be happy I'm being generous here."

Sebastian: sigh "Come on, now, Porter... You're not kicking us out."

Gabrielle: "Don't test me, Rivers."

I love Gabrielle. I reckon it takes those boys about a week to realize she's way too fucking soft. lol

Jo could totally just sneak a pet behind her back too, but she's being nice about it.

Dani: "Ooooh, can I!?"

Lena: "You'd lose it and something would eat it."

Dani: "I can take care of things."

Lena: "I'm not saying you're irresponsible, but those things look small and fast and this place is chaotic."

Dani: "...That... That's true." sigh

Lena: "Get a dog, maybe?"

Dani: "Mom said not until I graduate." >.>

Lena: "Well, then." grin

Dani: "Shut up." -.-

Q: Do you have a favorite saying or quote?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.