Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition)

• @typical_demigod Already I'm liking the characters :) Benito seems like the kind of guy who'd take the kids on crazy-cool adventures that they'd come back talking about for ages xD And Rus and Michael seem pretty cool too! ^-^ At the risk of asking a question with an obvious answer, does Rus have a rocky relationship with his brother and his spouses? Because that's how my mind's interpreting it at the moment.
    (^^^EDIT: Just seen the previous post. You can disregard the question if you like C: )
    Oh, and yes, Jake and Jenna are related, hence how she knows his first word. Probably should've put that one in, oops!

@blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Hey, good to see you here!

Also, not that big of a deal, but try to respond to the last poster's answers in the future. Any response at all is valid. Engaging each other's characters and character ideas is quite honestly the fun part of this. ^.^

Yeah, sorry about that, I realised as soon as I clicked submit x3 I'll try not to do that in future!

Jake and Jenna remind me of my twins and Immediately love them. >.>

That actually makes me really happy, because they are coincidentally twins! I'm glad you like them ^-^

Jenna: It probably wasn't as bad as Jake's.
    Jake: (suddenly alarmed) Jen... don't you dare!
    Fallon: Oooooh! C'mon, Jenna, we wantae know!
    Jake: (going bright red) No, no you don't!
    Shaan: (quietly) Actually, we do c-:
    Izzy: (suddenly bursts out laughing, doubled over)
    Jenna: (deadpan) Whoops. I guess she read my mind.

1. Yes, we DO want to know. o.<

2. As they say in Valcrest; goddamn telepaths, they be everywhere. :P

1. grins Well, let's just say that a) Jake was the kind of child who did a lot of embarrassing things which he'd later go on to regret as a teen who wants to be the cool guy in class, and b) his first word was "Pants." I leave the rest to your imagination ;)
    2. Goddamn telepaths indeed xD Fortunately for Jake, Izzy didn't manage to glean any family photos from Jenna's surface thoughts, otherwise his 'cool guy' reputation would be in real trouble! Out of interest, is Valcrest [one of] the setting[s] in your story? Colour me intrigued.

(Sorry for the slow response, as well. I type a lot and take a while xD)

EDIT: Added the below because I'm now catching up with the newest post.

@typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

Michael: I want to get a dog.

Yes! Get a dog! Dogs are lovely! Especially the big cuddly breeds like labs and bernards! We used to have an adorable and slightly-smaller-than-average boxer who loved being scratched under her chin ^-^

I know this isn't relevant to anything, but we've had conversations about body swapping here, and my siblings are watching a show in which all the characters switched bodies. (The vocal cords stayed with the bodies, though.)

Q: Do you like your voice, or do you wish you had a different one?

Jake: Of course I do! How could I not? I sing with this sexy tenor, y'know!
    Jenna: (sighs) You're fourteen and you've barely started your growth spurt, your voice is anything but 'sexy', mister. I for one think my accent could be more...formal? Otherwise, I don't really have a problem.
    Jake: (mumbling) Of course you'd think your accent needs to change, Miss Queen's-b----y-English.
    Shaan: To be honest, I would've liked to be able to sing better, but I'm more of an artist than a musician anyway.
    Alex: (eyebrow raised) Shaan, you have the deepest, most badass tone of anyone in this group, and you don't like it? If I'd been blessed with your voice, I wouldn't even need to shift my vocal cords!
    (Note: Shift as in shapeshifting)
    Shaan: (shrugs) It's alright, I s'pose. Although it's a bit awkward trying to explain that I really am a student and I've not been held back a few years.
    Fallon: That's pretty rough. Me, personally, I dunnae care. Got other s---e to worry about, anyways (looks down at stomach grumpily).
    Izzy: It's not that bad, Fallon, honestly. I just hope that I won't be stuck with this 'ZOMG CYOOT' voice for forever.
    Jake: (slightly baffled) Am I really the only one who likes their voice?

Q: On a slightly related note, what do you think is your best feature (physical, mental, or otherwise)?

• Looking at my previous post... apparently, forgetting to add a space after 'mountains.' led to an Italian website... about mountains. And that's just lovely.

@typical_demigod As far as my characters go... Dani is one of the most normal ones. So if you're gonna identify with anyone, might as well. :P

One day I need to write a story set in Effort back when it was still standing. Like my co-writer is doing with Blackhurst (where the healers have their camp today).

I'm also now thinking that in the time Lena was MIA in the main story, it's very much likely that she did visit Effort, so that makes me happy. :)

I worry about Nelly and Benito and the fact one day they'll need to live somewhere one of them isn't gonna be happy with. :/

@Shy_Not_Fly17 You know, I figured they were because of the whole 'get out of the way' line. :P

And aw, 'pants' is not that bad. At least, on its own, it's not. Kids say weird stuff all the time. XP

Valcrest is the name of the country my characters live in, yes. It's a place where some people being born with a specific magical ability is common, so... There are lots of telepaths there. Amongst other things.

Jake: Of course I do! How could I not? I sing with this sexy tenor, y'know!
    Jenna: (sighs) You're fourteen and you've barely started your growth spurt, your voice is anything but 'sexy', mister.

lol

Q: Do you like your voice, or do you wish you had a different one?

Gabrielle: "It... Does its job? Other than I'm not a particularly good singer, I never thought much about it."

Gerald: "I honestly have my doubts about the singing thing, but I'd have to hear it and we're not having this discussion again."

Gabrielle: "It's way past the point in my life where being a good singer matters in the slightest, so there would be no point."

Johanna: "I don't think so."

Gerald: "You have a lovely voice. And I have actually heard you sing before."

Johanna: "I can't hear myself right."

Gerald: "...Oh..."

Johanna: shrugs

Jo needs a hearing aid. It'd do wonders for her communication skills. The main reason she talks so little is that she hates that she can't hear herself properly. :/

Gerald: "I'm not a singer or anything, but I think my voice is okay."

Johanna: "Not if you keep smoking."

Gerald: sigh "I don't smoke often enough that it'd affect my vocal chords. I haven't had a smoke in months, in fact, and you're still nagging me about it."

Johanna: "It's bad for you."

Gerald: "Too much of anything is bad for you. A cigarette every other month is not going to be what kills me."

Kyle: "My voice is changing. I hate that."

Sebastian: "Do you want to sound like a little boy when you're thirty?"

Kyle: "No, I just hate the process... I open my mouth and I have no control over what I'm gonna sound like sometimes."

Dani: "I like my voice."

Lena: "My voice is okay."

Dani: "Come on, now... If anyone loves the sound of their own voice, it's you."

Lena: snort "...That was terrible."

Dani: "Then why are you laughing?"

Lena: "Shut up." snort

Q: On a slightly related note, what do you think is your best feature (physical, mental, or otherwise)?

Gabrielle: "I think I've already mentioned that I'm really tall and that I like that I'm really tall."

Gerald: scratches head "Eh... I don't know. I'm... Dependable, I guess?"

Gabrielle: "You're the most honest person I've ever encountered, Tucker. Are you seriously going with 'dependable' here?"

Gerald: "People generally don't like it that I'm honest, though."

Gabrielle: "The question is what you think your best feature is, not other people."

Gerald: "I guess, but I don't think it's a good thing either. I could have myself a lot of problems if I'd kept my mouth shut about some truths."

Johanna: "I'm good at taking care of people, I guess."

Kyle: "I think I'm pretty smart."

Sebastian: "I don't know if I'm smart, exactly, but I can think fast and I'm good at getting out of trouble."

Kyle: "Never mind you usually cause the trouble."

Sebastian: "I don't see how that's relevant." >.>

Dani: "I like that I'm a redhead. Even if it draws attention sometimes."

Lena: "I think it's safe to say I'm smarter than a lot of people and most of the time I really like that."

Dani: "Saying things like is the reason why I'm your only friend."

Lena: "You're not my only friend." -.-

Dani: "Again; Eldric doesn't count."

Lena: -.-

Q: What would like to do on your next birthday?

• 90% of the characters responded to my question as in singing voice and I literally meant the way you talk normally in a conversation and that cracked me up.

@Shy_Not_Fly17 Hahaha yah ... Benito would be concerned with being in trouble with Dora (said sister) but he couldn't care less about what she thinks of him/what he does. (It's in canon that he hangs out with her because he loves her husband and beyond that the only time they're in the same room is family gatherings.)

Rus has a great relationship with his brother. They've been through a lot together and to be frank Rus would probably have killed himself if his brother wasn't around.

Michael should probably not get a big dog. His living situations are rarely set up for large animals. (Now that I say that, I remember that Great Danes are great breeds for NYC apartments and the like, so maybe he can....)

Alex: (eyebrow raised) Shaan, you have the deepest, most badass tone of anyone in this group, and you don't like it? If I'd been blessed with your voice, I wouldn't even need to shift my vocal cords!
    (Note: Shift as in shapeshifting)

Daily uses for superpowers like this are what I live for tbh

This group just sings all the time, don't they? -_-

@Blackbird THAT EXPLAINS SO MUCH

I was skimming the page like "Is this an Italian place with a mountain city? Like, is this based on real life? But why does it keep talking about skiing and have zero pictures of a mountain city???"

I guess that's true. It would probably be awkward if I identified that hard with someone like forgot the name of the one chick character who can shapeshift into anything and is generally just a scary figure and I think her name is Amber but I don't remember??

I worry about Nelly and Benito and the fact one day they'll need to live somewhere one of them isn't gonna be happy with. :/

I try not to think about it because there are actually several areas in life where they're kinda incompatible together and the mention alone is enough to start a fight when they're both in a bad mood.

Kyle: "My voice is changing. I hate that."
    Sebastian: "Do you want to sound like a little boy when you're thirty?"

I read somewhere that opera singers in the 16th century or something would castrate themselves before they went through puberty to save their singing careers.

Gabrielle: "I think I've already mentioned that I'm really tall and that I like that I'm really tall."

Except for the part where you have to reach for everything for the short people. "I need a step stool-- nevermind! You just come over here and help me out kay?" (That literally happened to a guy at work the other day who is 6ft+. And people have expressed a tiny bit of jealousy that I can stand on my tiptoes and reach things on shelves they can't reach without stools.)

Nelly: I... can do my job well?

Benito: That's so hard for me.

Nelly: You... put math equations in a computer.

Benito: While pretending to like the people I work with.

Michael: You spend all day with one person... quietly me...

Benito: You're not in the group chat.

Michael:

Nelly: It's pretty wild in there sometimes.

Michael:

Benito: I'm also pretty sure that you don't approve of my musical tastes and that drives a certain wedge in our relationship.

Michael: I've never said anything negative about your musical tastes.

Benito: The lack of something is still feedback.

Michael: I've just never heard the style before. Calm down.

Benito: Anyway. This is what I work with.

Michael: We... barely talk all day?

Benito: This. gestures vaguely

Michael: ....

Benito: Also he doesn't put have his bluetooth going a lot so a video or something will just start blaring.

Michael: turning red THAT WAS ONCE.

Benito: And I'll just look at him because work is not the time when you're supposed to be leisurely scrolling on the internet.

Michael: Says the guy that told me to stop what I was doing because you got pictures of your nephew's first birthday.

Benito: It was ADORABLE.

Nelly: One of the first times we were hanging out, which was late at night when everyone present was sleep-deprived and overworked, he literally yelled at everyone to shut up because his niece was born and pictures were starting to show up.

Benito: She was ADORABLE.

Nelly: It was kinda cute.

I'mma just wrap this up.

That did happen though and that was probably the reason that Nelly was like "okay I'll date this guy that hates my mother's meatloaf recipe"

Q: What would like to do on your next birthday?

Rus: I don't even know when my next birthday is. frowns

Michael: Isn't it in the fall or something?

Rus: I mean, I think so, but I've never celebrated that birthday before, so I don't know 100% when.

Michael: has to think really hard about what was just said

Protip: Don't make the year of the alien world ~100 days longer than the one of Earth because that's a lot of unnecessary headache to give yourself.

Also, I'm pretty sure Rus has never celebrated his birthday.

Michael: I mean, I would say hang out at home with Dylan, but I'm going to be somewhere in space, so I guess I'd just like to enjoy having my music played and eating dinner with a bunch of people that enjoy silently judging me.

Benito: You need new friends.

Michael: I never said they were my friends.

Benito: Mmhmm. Well, I would probably just harass Robbins on my birthday. She told me once that you get to do whatever you want on your birthday, and I've used it fully to my advantage since then.

Robbins: that's... that's pretty much not what i said. i said when i was a kid i got to do whatever i wanted.

Benito: I'm making up for the past birthdays that I didn't get to do that.

Robbins: within reason. what you do isn't within reason.

Nelly: Cancel everything I'm supposed to do and SLEEP. Well, that would actually ruin my sleep schedule. Maybe I'll just watch TV and be a vegetable and then get a full night's sleep.

I should note that I don't have a solid date for anyone's birthday. It changes based on my whims.

Q: If you had the choice between staying with young children or teenagers, which would you pick? (I'm not really sure what you're doing while you stay with these people, how many of them there will be, or if anyone else will be present; you can figure that out yourself.)

• @typical_demigod If you identified with Amber on any level I'd need to strongly advise that you seek psychiatric help. Immediately. o.O

I read somewhere that opera singers in the 16th century or something would castrate themselves before they went through puberty to save their singing careers.

That's... Horrible.

Eh, no one would ask Gabrielle to fetch stuff for them. Especially when Gerald is the exact same height and much more likely to actually do it.

Ugh, calendar-related headaches. I spent so much time making that calendar for Valcrest and then I realized it is COMPLETELY based on their Gods which means it would never in a million years apply to Terra. Not looking forward to making another one of those. =.=

Nelly's response makes me think that there's nothing I'd like to do more on my birthday this year than absolutely nothing. And that I know there's no way in hell my family will allow that. sigh

Q: If you had the choice between staying with young children or teenagers, which would you pick?

Gabrielle: "Uhm..."

Gerald: "What is it, Porter?"

Gabrielle: "Honestly? They way things are going I'm honestly afraid that if I admit to liking children, one of you will drag one home one day."

Gerald: "We would not be that stupid."

Gabrielle: points at the twins

Kyle: "We're thirteen!" frowns

Gerald: "You're not helping your case, boy."

Johanna: "I'd rather get a puppy."

Gerald: "I never spent much time around little kids, but I do spend most of my time babysitting these two, so I'm going to say that counts."

Kyle: =.=

Kyle: "We never spent a lot of time with kids, even kids our age... So honestly, I don't know whether I'd rather watch a bunch of toddlers or hang around kids our age. I'd probably be really uncomfortable with either."

Sebastian: "We were sort of sheltered because we lived a bit aways from any village and we couldn't be going into the city often enough to make friends there. Still, I doubt it would hurt to try and make friends our age. We hang around these senior citizens all day." points at Gabrielle

Gabrielle: "..."

Kyle: "I have a feeling you just made a huge mistake right now, bro."

Sebastian: "Worth it." grin

Dani: "Either? Both? I'm good with people of all ages, really. Pretty sure I can handle it."

Lena: "If I had to choose and 'neither' wasn't an option, then kids. Kids still sit down for stories. Kids older than that in our clan are either recruits who think being an assassin is going to be most awesome thing ever, or new Actives who think they're way better at their jobs than they actually are and that it's okay to brag about it.

Dani: "Saying things like that..."

Lena: "I honestly don't care." shrug

Dani: "Wow... You really need a nap today."

Lena: "You're probably right."

18-yr-old Lena is too old for this shit. :P

Q: What is an embarrassing moment in your life people will never let you live down?

• @Blackbird This is true.

The point is, you have several characters that, identifying very deeply with, may cause for concern. Not all for the same reasons, but concern all the same.

But the point applies to Gerald.

Calendars make me cry. I realized for my fantasy world that I should rearrange the Provabian calendar (and a couple of others similarly) and I haven't gotten to that yet because no.

Sorry >.>

Gabrielle admitting that she likes children seems more likely to make people laugh because she always acts all hard on the outside.

I feel the same, Lena.

Q: What is an embarrassing moment in your life people will never let you live down?

Michael: There was once... the elevator got stuck..

Rus: Ugh it was like six hours and there were a dozen people in there.

Michael: There were only... seven?

Rus: It felt like a dozen.

Michael: Anyway. clears throat It was really bad. And this kid starting complaining of being nauseous and then he actually threw up and I just kinda laughed at him.

Rus: It was awkward because like three people started giggling and the kid was freaking out. Personally, I was pleased that I wasn't the one that vomited, because I really felt like it. is claustrophobic

Michael: Anyway. I could never look him in the eye again, or at all, and that old lady made me stop, several times, to tell me about why I should've apologized.

Rus: Someone spilled milkshake on the ground and I slipped across the floor into some lady who was holding two full drinks and that ended surprisingly well but now if I go into restaurants I hear "Watch out for milkshake!! ;) "

Michael: Why have I never heard this before?

Rus: Because now we'll go in a restaurant and you'll go "Watch out for milkshake!!"

Benito: In college, they were all waiting for a faculty member to come unlock the door, and I was kinda late

Nelly: That's new.

Benito: I'm telling a story. Wait your turn. huffs So, most of the class was there, and I didn't know who was who, and I was flirting with a lady, and then she was actually going along with it, and then the door got unlocked and we went in and she was the professor.

Nelly: smirks, then laughs

Benito: :| That class was difficult.

Nelly: I thought I was throwing a plate at my sister but it hit my dad. pause Nobody in my family really trusts me with plates anymore.

Q: Do you like pizza? Or would you?

• @Blackbird 'And aw, 'pants' is not that bad. At least, on its own, it's not.'
    Very true xD Although given the story behind it, it would be awkward for him to explain, to say the least.
    Also, you can tell I don't know how to quote quickly without having to put the whole quote in and messing with it from there x3 lol
    'The main reason [Jo] talks so little is that she hates that she can't hear herself properly.'
    Poor Jo. I want to give her a hug now, if she'd let me :3

'Gabrielle: "I think I've already mentioned that I'm really tall and that I like that I'm really tall."'
    This is very much me; I've always been fairly tall (I think I'm about 5' 10" now), which lead me to be mistaken for being older on several occasions. When I was 14, I was almost served at a pub. Or at least, I would've been if my mother and I hadn't immediately said I was underage. shrugs

'Sebastian: "I don't know if I'm smart, exactly, but I can think fast and I'm good at getting out of trouble."
    Kyle: "Never mind you usually cause the trouble."
    Sebastian: "I don't see how that's relevant." >.>'

I think Jake & Sebastian and Jenna & Kyle might get along well xD And given Lena's response, Jenna might like her too :P

@typical_demigod I do love practical daily uses for superpowers ^-^ Give me a telekinetic and I'll make them stir their coffee from the other side of the kitchen.

('Now that I say that, I remember that Great Danes are great breeds for NYC apartments and the like, so maybe he can....')
    I didn't know that :-o Seems slightly counter-intuitive, but then again Great Danes are adorable, so far be it from me to make an excuse xD
    Sounds like Rus and his brother and gone through some s--t. Might I ask why?

'I read somewhere that opera singers in the 16th century or something would castrate themselves before they went through puberty to save their singing careers.'
    I didn't know that either. (Cue my sympathetic wince)

I'm with Nelly. Sleep, TV, lounge on the sofa all day, that's pretty much what I did for my birthday this year.
    Is it bad that I've only just realised my 17th birthday was literally last week and I completely forgot I'm a year older? xD

Q: If you had the choice between staying with young children or teenagers, which would you pick?
    Jake: (quickly) Teenagers.
    Jenna: (simultaneously) Teenagers.
    Alex: You guys are the few people my age I'd rather be around, so uhh... young children?
    Fallon: With ye there, Lex. Most of the people at my school are little s--ts. Then again, kids can be annoying.
    Alex: (shrugs) I never said I liked young children, just that I preferred dealing with them.
    Jenna: But little kids are sticky. And loud. And they know how to get on your nerves (looks at Jake).
    Jake: It's a five minute age gap, Jen, not five years.
    Fallon: (whispering in his ear) I notice ye didnae deny it.
    Jake: ;)
    Shaan: I'm with the twins on this one, but not because I don't like small children.
    Izzy: Why then? Kids are the sweetest!
    Shaan: (quietly holds up his hands)
    Izzy: :-o Ohh, yeah. That would make sense.
    (Note: Shaan has super strength. He gets worried about making physical contact with others as a result.)

@Blackbird 'Johanna: "I'd rather get a puppy."
    Alex: (snaps his fingers) Why didn't I think of that? WILBUR? WILBUR! (under his breath) Come here, you darned cat x3

@typical_demigod Nelly's embarrassing moment almost made me sputter water xD Especially considering it reminded me of how I once unintentionally got my sister to tip a bowl of cereal over her head and get milk and cheerios in her hair o-o

Jenna: (very sweetly) Shall I tell them about Christmas when we were seven, Jacob?
    Jake: (swallows) That doesn't count as a 'never live it down' moment.
    Jenna: Doesn't it? That's a shame, because you looked lovely in my dungaree dress and the bright pink wig.
    Jake: (going bright red)
    Fallon: (cackling in the background)
    Alex: (stunned) The mighty Jacob Fox, co-defender of humanity and kicker of extraterrestrial a--e, in a dress?
    Jake: (panicking) Jenna wore my jeans and t-shirt and had to cut her hair short because she'd gone crawling and playing about under some tables at school and got chewing gum in her hair so she had to go to the hairdressers with chewing gum in her hair and they had to cut most of it off so she had that weird-as-hell pageboy/bowl haircut for months and Dad even took a photo of it to show his mates in the squad and he still has it in the living room on the shelf below the TV so she has to look at that every single day from now till the end of forever!
    Jenna: ...I hate you.
    Shaan: To be hair—sorry, fair...
    Jenna: (stares blankly)
    Shaan: (looks away) ...I don't think anyone really wants to share their embarrassing stories. But since you have already...You remember the first 'after-mission' lunch we had.
    Alex: Oh yeah, dear God that was a sight. (to the girls, who are confused; already laughing) We—We went to the loo, Shaan and I, at Pizza Hut, right, and uh, Shaan accidentally locked himself in one of the stalls... x)
    Izzy: How do you get locked in a toilet stall?
    Shaan: The lock was stuck.
    Jenna: Why didn't you just force it open?
    Shaan: (biting his lip) I... I did try that.
    Fallon: (wiping away tears) And? c:
    Shaan: (looks to Alex) Tell them.
    Alex: (holding back laughter) He...He pulled the lock to the side, and it came straight off, so he tried climbing over—(snerk!)—and, uh...kind of broke the partitioning?
    Jake: That's why we had to leave? I wanted my hawaiian!
    Shaan: It gets worse. I didn't realise as I was climbing over, but there was someone else in the other stall...
    Fallon: (hand over mouth) Oh my god, ye fell on a guy taking a s--t?
    Shaan: Almost. (moving in his seat) Can we just...move on, now?
    Alex: If it makes you feel any better, I once got scared by my brother Ryan and I screamed like a little girl. At school, in the middle of a play, with a papier mache tiki mask. I'm now known as Tiki Boy.
    Fallon: (snorts) I'm famous for punching my Muay Thai instructor in the face because I missed the punching pads. (winces at the memory) His nose is even more crooked now.
    Izzy: I licked a dog when I was three.
    Jake: (giving her a quizzical look) What is it with you and dogs?
    Izzy: I went through a phase, okay? I'm sure you were obsessed with dinosaurs or something when you were little :3

Q: Do you like pizza? Or would you?
    Alex: (already has his watch out) Orders?
    Jake: You and Shaan owe me a hawaiian.
    Fallon: Oooh, ooh! Meat feast, please!
    Jenna: I'll just have salad, if they do those.
    Izzy: Make that two salads!
    Alex: (to Shaan) Do you want the halal special or a salad too?
    Shaan: Actually, I'll have the mozzarella. Thanks, Lex.
    Alex: No problem. (calls up the restaurant) Hey there, can I get a delivery to...

Q: If you could be a part of any comic/book/film/TV universe (wether it exists as fiction within your universe or not), which would you pick?
    Sorry for another lengthy reply xD I'm gonna have to start cutting these down at some point.

• @shy_not_fly17 said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

I didn't know that :-o Seems slightly counter-intuitive, but then again Great Danes are adorable, so far be it from me to make an excuse xD

I know, right??? They're the sweetest dogs, though. (My family has one and she's giant, which is hilarious, because she's small for a Great Dane XD We're not sure about the logic of having them in apartments, though, because when she was young and spry she spent ALL of her time outside!)

Two of Rus's parents died before he was a teenager (one of them of a chronic illness, one of them of a heart attack because I needed them out of the picture for various reasons), and the sicker his mother got, the more workaholic/alcoholic his father got, which ended up with them living with an abusive parent who was only around half the time anyway. His father is sober now but the pain for him is still fresh. (There's actually a story I shared on here that explains his family dynamic at the start of the story pretty well, even though it needs a LOT of editing due to changes within the world: Dinner)

Happy belated birthday! I just had my birthday recently and I still forget that I'm a year older. Then again, it takes me about a year to remember how old I am...

Before I get into responding to your post, because I'm worried I'll forget!: To quote in a post, use the '>' symbol at the beginning of a line. You'll get the line that way :) (It's also how I did the quote that I'm about to do.)

Jenna: Doesn't it? That's a shame, because you looked lovely in my dungaree dress and the bright pink wig.
    Jake: (going bright red)
    Fallon: (cackling in the background)
    Alex: (stunned) The mighty Jacob Fox, co-defender of humanity and kicker of extraterrestrial a--e, in a dress?

Michael: tbh, there's nothing wrong with a guy in a dress -_- or with Jenna having a boy's haircut.

Michael isn't always gender conforming. Not sure if he's ever worn a dress tho.

Aww, poor Shaan. I would be anxious about that too, though.

Alex: (snaps his fingers) Why didn't I think of that? WILBUR? WILBUR! (under his breath) Come here, you darned cat x3

True story(ies): We have a cat and if my brother says her name, she will respond and/or run to him and jump in his arms.

@typical_demigod Nelly's embarrassing moment almost made me sputter water xD Especially considering it reminded me of how I once unintentionally got my sister to tip a bowl of cereal over her head and get milk and cheerios in her hair o-o

I laughed out loud when I read that.

I can't tell if Alex had to actually look up the restaurant's number or if he had the restaurant as a contact in his phone.

Sorry for another lengthy reply xD I'm gonna have to start cutting these down at some point.

Lengthy posts are okay :) I tend to have lengthy posts (as you can see), but I also love watching the banter between characters. At the very least, if it makes you feel better, Benito and Nelly had a really long argument about pets once. There was a lot of subcontext in that argument, but long argument about pets that took up the whole post.

Q: If you could be a part of any comic/book/film/TV universe (whether it exists as fiction within your universe or not), which would you pick?

Rus: I think we all know the answer to that ^-^

Michael: We do.

Rus: ...I would enjoy it, anyway.

Benito: I don't think I would do that. I kind of like my life where it is and I don't want to navigate a whole other, usually underdeveloped, world. No.

Nelly: I am in love with many stories and I'm a tiny bit offended that you think this question is okay to ask, given my love affair with my many stories.

Michael: Lucas, you should just pick a universe set in our world already.

Benito: No. I'm staying here.

Michael: Fine. thinking Do we get to bring people with us? I would pick differently based on that.

Q: Do you have a purse/satchel/other bag device thing that carries things for you?

• @shy_not_fly17 If you put a '>' in front of a line of text it makes a quote.

Like so. :)

And I see that @typical_demigod already explained that, but oh well. lol

Jo would definitely be down for hugs.

My brother was really tall, really young. And according to my mom, he had adult women hit on him at the beach when he was like twelve (to be fair he also had a mustache at that age, but still... awkward as hell).

Kyle and Sebastian are sweeties. It's kinda sad they didn't have a lot of friends growing up. >.>

I do love practical daily uses for superpowers ^-^ Give me a telekinetic and I'll make them stir their coffee from the other side of the kitchen.

This makes me almost sad I gave my magic side-effects so that my characters can't just abuse their enlightenments willy-nilly. Not to mention that in Valcrest it's sort of considered douchy to use your enlightenment for things like that. :P

Is it bad that I've only just realised my 17th birthday was literally last week and I completely forgot I'm a year older? xD

I'm the opposite, my birthday is only now coming up and I've been telling people I'm 28 for over a month already.

Jenna: (very sweetly) Shall I tell them about Christmas when we were seven, Jacob?
    Jake: (swallows) That doesn't count as a 'never live it down' moment.

My twins and your twins need to hang out so that Jenna and Sebastian can have an 'utterly embarrass your twin' competition. Granted, Sebastian has done more embarrassing things than Kyle, but... Seb also has very little shame. :P

Don't worry about lengthy replies. I enjoy reading them and it makes me feel better about my own rambling too. ^^

Also, if you're censoring curse words from your characters' lines for our benefit, you don't really have to. I'm pretty sure my guys have used the F-word quite a few times by now.

@typical_demigod Ugh, I just want to give Rus all the hugs. >.>

Nelly: I am in love with many stories and I'm a tiny bit offended that you think this question is okay to ask, given my love affair with my many stories.

lol

Q: Do you have a purse/satchel/other bag device thing that carries things for you?

Gabrielle: "I have a travel bag and the many pockets of my coat."

Gerald: "Yeah, I mean, it's more than normal for people here to be hauling leather bags with all the crap they may need."

Johanna: "Best to travel light sometimes, though."

Gerald: "I guess, depending on where we are, where we're headed, and whether or not we're on someone's trail, it might be better to not carry anything other than the tools needed for the job."

Sebastian: "We had all our belongings in a pillow case when Gerald found us."

Kyle: "Well, he sort of... Kidnapped us... to be honest. Not that I'm not grateful or anything, but... I was unconscious the whole time."

Gerald: "And why is that, boy?"

Kyle: "Yes, I know... I did a bad. Can we not throw that in my face every other day, maybe?"

Gerald: "I'm just pointing out the fact that if you hadn't been drunk and about to commit an atrocity, then maybe I wouldn't have the need to knock you unconscious."

Kyle: "Alright, alright, fair enough."

Stop reminding me I still haven't finished this goddamn chapter. -.-

Dani: "Uhm... Yes. If and when I leave camp for something."

Lena: "Yes." shrug

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a celebrity or fictional character?

• @Blackbird He would awkwardly give hugs back, but only because he was concerned for you :/

You... I don't know if you know... but... you haven't finished... a chapter... that some people want to... you know... read... eventually...

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a celebrity or fictional character?

Michael: At some point, yes.

Rus: I never got the idea behind that.

Michael: ...

Rus: It doesn't make any sense. Do you actually know the person? Not really.

Michael: ...I don't think you understand how it works, because you've had a celebrity crush.

Rus: I really don't think I have.

Michael: Just... just go with me on this one. You have.

Benito: Why would you have a crush on a fictional character??

Nelly: Yes. Yes I have.

Benito: I barely have crushes on real people, why would I have them on unreal people?

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a real, living (or... recently deceased, if that's a thing that recently happened to your crush) human being?

• @typical_demigod

You... I don't know if you know... but... you haven't finished... a chapter... that some people want to... you know... read... eventually...

Ha.

Trust me, I know. -.-

Rus: I never got the idea behind that.
    Michael: ...
    Rus: It doesn't make any sense. Do you actually know the person? Not really.
    Michael: ...I don't think you understand how it works, because you've had a celebrity crush.
    Rus: I really don't think I have.
    Michael: Just... just go with me on this one. You have.

This reminds me of when I did a questionnaire with my characters on the blog and it asked: "Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?". Luckas said no and Annie had to correct him because pft, yes he does.

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a real, living (or... recently deceased, if that's a thing that recently happened to your crush) human being?

Gabrielle: "Not anymore. I mean, I had crushes when I was a kid."

Gerald: "I don't have crushes."

Gabrielle: just stares at him

Gerald: "That's not what this is." =.=

Gabrielle: "It is how it starts, though. Just pointing it out to you."

Johanna: "What are you talking about?"

Gabrielle: "Nothing. Just... Discussing semantics, I guess."

Johanna: "Hm."

Gerald: tries not to look guilty

Sebastian: "I haven't met anyone recently that I might have a crush on."

Kyle: "Yep."

Dani: "Not really, no."

Lena: "I'd rather not make any incriminating statements of this nature."

Dani: "That means 'yes'." smirk "I know you wouldn't call Eldric a 'crush', so... Who waaas iiiit?"

Lena: "Don't make me silence you." glare

Dani: "I'll find out sooner or later."

Q: Has someone ever had a crush on you (that you know of)?

• @Blackbird
    Jo and Gerald: admit to having feelings for each other
    Jo and Gerald: die due to "plot related reasons" two chapters later

Q: Has someone ever had a crush on you (that you know of)?

Michael: I'm gonna assume that the answer to this is yes.

Rus: I'm not sure if--

Michael: You're not allowed in this conversation because I don't think you know what a crush is.

Rus: Oh. mildly disappointed

Benito: Yes. I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to respond when she said so so I just kinda was like, "that's cool"

Nelly: I hope so? I always thought most romantic relationships spawned out of people mutually liking and/or crushing on each other, so... yes?

Q: Would you/Do you like the Food Network Channel?
    (There's a lot of people not from America on this thread and it is at this moment that I wonder if the Food Network is international or not. If not, I'm gonna hope that there are food-based networks in your country of origin and ask if your character likes those.)

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

Jo and Gerald: admit to having feelings for each other
    Jo and Gerald: die due to "plot related reasons" two chapters later

Y'know, sometimes I'm unsure if the reality of this will turn out more or less depressing than your expectations. ^.-

lol, poor Rus. :P

Q: Would you/Do you like the Food Network Channel?

Gabrielle: "What is the point of watching food you don't actually get to eat?"

Gerald: "Maybe? I might learn something."

Johanna: "We can hope." smirks

Gerald: =.=

Sebastian: "How did you even survive by yourself, Tucker?"

Gerald: "I managed."

Gabrielle: "Pft, I'm sure Tucker could easily find a lonely maiden or two willing to cook him a meal." snicker

Gerald: "What are you implying?" -.-

Gabrielle: "I'm just kidding. We all know you don't have that kind of social prowess."

Gerald: =.=

Dani: "Oooh... You know, I might actually enjoy that."

Lena: "Sounds like a gigantic waste of time to me."

Q: If you were going to write your autobiography, what would you title it?

• Thanks for explaining that xD Now I shall proceed to abuse the crap outta this :p

@typical_demigod Damn, that sounds like a pretty rough backstory. Hopefully his future will be a little brighter :)
    Thank you, and a late happy birthday to you too. May we properly memorise our ages!
    (I have no excuse, because I was born in 2000, so I should be remembering based on the year xD)

Michael: tbh, there's nothing wrong with a guy in a dress -_- or with Jenna having a boy's haircut.

Jake: I'll agree with you there, mate, but that's personally not my thing.
    Jenna: Likewise, I have nothing against short hair, but it can still be surprising to brush your hair and realise that half of it's no longer there. Especially if you've always had it long. (pauses) Plus, it's funny to push his buttons ^-^
    Jake: (stares) Ain't it just, Jenny.
    Jenna: (stares back) ...Touché, brother.

I can't tell if Alex had to actually look up the restaurant's number or if he had the restaurant as a contact in his phone.

It's the latter, but sometimes he dials it manually either out of laziness or to brush up his eidetic memory (required secondary power, lol)

To be fair, I'm the same way xD It would be easier for me to list off the worlds I wouldn't want to live in (looking at you, Attack On Titan). And yes, you'd be able to bring people with you :P

@Blackbird Hugs Jo
    Oh wow, very awkward. Thankfully my experiences have been limited to mistaken identity, rather than flirting from adult men (the two stand-out incidents were: as my own mother in a shoe shop, while sitting right next to my mother, and also as a new parent on the playground when my old headteacher saw me from behind).

Not to mention that in Valcrest it's sort of considered douchy to use your englightenment for things like that. :P

Fallon: So I cannae even play ping-pong with myself like Quicksilver did? Shit.
    Jenna: And I can't heat up my coffee if it gets cold?
    Alex: Or try out new hairstyles? Or cosplay as my favourite superheroes?
    Izzy: I guess I can't tell my friend that their 'boo' is cheating on them, either.
    Jake: It's pretty funny screwing with the electricity next door. I swear they think they're haunted xD
    Shaan: Have none of you heard of great power coming with great responsibility?
    Alex: Uh, obviously. But do you see any of us robbing banks or making deals with the DEVIL? Hmmm? HMMM?
    Shaan: (quizzically) Are you okay?
    Alex: (snapped out of his thoughts) Hm? Oh, uhh, yeah. I'm fine. Fantastic. I'm not a butthurt fanboy about 'One More Day'. Not. At. All.
    Shaan: ...Alright?

Ohh yes, our twins need to hang out and try to out-embarrass each other! xD
    Thanks, I wasn't sure what the general consensus was on swearing in the forums, so I dashed them out to be on the safe side.

Gabrielle: "What is the point of watching food you don't actually get to eat?"

All this talk of food is making me hungry, I need a sandwich or something xD

Q: Would you/Do you like the Food Network Channel? (I didn't know if there was a Food Network Channel here because I'm more of a Youtube girl, so I looked it up and apparently[?] there's a British equivalent? Guess you learn something new every day ^-^)
    Everyone: The what?
    (Five minutes later; I instantly thought of Spongebob typing that xD)
    Jenna: In our defence, I don't think any of us have a particularly huge interest in cooking, plus there aren't an awful lot of cooking channels on TV. There are quite a few on the internet, though. I've watched a few, so I suppose I'd like it, yes.
    Shaan: I'd say yes to watching this Food Network, mostly because my anne's been showing me and my brother and sisters how to cook.
    Izzy: I usually watch the shopping channel :3
    Fallon: Nah. I watch MMA and Muay Thai fights.
    Jake: Music here :P
    Alex: You can't watch music.
    Jake: Okay, fine, smart-alec. I watch guitar tutorials and comedy sketches. You?
    Alex: (rolls his eyes) Comics, cartoons, sketches and uhh, programming tutorials. But yeah, I'd watch a cooking channel :)

Jenna: (instantly looks to Jake to see what absolute nonsense he comes out with)
    Jake: "I Say Some Philosophical Shit About Life Before I Die" :D
    Jenna: ...And thus you have failed to surprise me. Mine, personally, would be something more sophisticated than that. Perhaps, "Musings and Revelations".
    Alex: (laughs) I'd go with, "Alex Talks About Himself, The Twat".
    Izzy: (hugs him) Aww, you're not a twat.
    Shaan: "My Life So Far" works fine, I think.
    Fallon: "Lightweight: My Story (Where I Tell You Everything That Ever Happened To Me In Five Seconds Flat And Confuse My Voice-To-Text App)". Hey Shaan, yours should be "I Was Hit By A Car...The Long Story Finally Explained".
    Shaan: (lets out a tiny snort) I guess that works too. (to Izzy) What about you?
    Izzy: (mentally, so the others can't hear) "So What If My Dad's Famous?"
    Jenna: (after a long pause) Izzy? You're pulling a face.
    Izzy: Oh, sorry! :3 I think mine would be, "You'll Never Know My Real Name..." (waves hands about mysteriously)
    Jake: (grins) We'll see...
    (NOTE: They will, Izzy, they will eventually... villainous laugh)

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve?

• @Blackbird If it's less depressing than my expectations, then I don't think you depicted them correctly.

Gerald will learn how to properly describe food. "This slightly toasted porridge" "How do you toast porridge?" "SLIGHTLY TOASTED PORRIDGE"

@Shy_Not_Fly17 No problem! :)

coughs awkwardly

Abusing the power of being born in 2000 by not even knowing your age. Shameful.

Jake: I'll agree with you there, mate, but that's personally not my thing.
    Jenna: Likewise, I have nothing against short hair, but it can still be surprising to brush your hair and realise that half of it's no longer there. Especially if you've always had it long. (pauses) Plus, it's funny to push his buttons ^-^
    Jake: (stares) Ain't it just, Jenny.
    Jenna: (stares back) ...Touché, brother.

Michael: That's cool guys. You made it sound dreadfully embarrassing and I don't see why it's embarrassing.

Have you seen that meme where a pizza company saved a customer's life because he wasn't ordering as regularly as he normally did? That's Alex.

(I didn't know if there was a Food Network Channel here because I'm more of a Youtube girl, so I looked it up and apparently[?] there's a British equivalent? Guess you learn something new every day ^-^)

That pleases me. You should take a break from Youtube to watch The Great British Baking Show. I think it used to be BBC and then it moved to Channel 4? You might be able to find some on Youtube, but Youtube quality is always so questionable :/

Jake: Music here :P
    Alex: You can't watch music.
    Jake: Okay, fine, smart-alec. I watch guitar tutorials and comedy sketches. You?

coughs but MTV... (which also is probably an American channel, the Music TV... I'm not 100% sure how much music they still play, but anyway. Look, the point is, wouldn't music videos and the like count?)

Jenna: ...And thus you have failed to surprise me. Mine, personally, would be something more sophisticated than that. Perhaps, "Musings and Revelations".

That sounds condescending tbh. You better have some amazing musings and reveal some amazing things to me.

Rus: "Wow."

Michael: That's it?

Rus: Yeah. Just "Wow." with a period.

Michael: Not, "Wow. Lemme go punch someone for you." Or "Wow. That's cool."??

Rus: Just "Wow." nods I will punch someone for you if you need me to.

Michael: I would say yes, but I would still have to live in a confined space with them.

Rus: I understand, I understand.

Michael: Mine would be "Told ya so".

Rus: That's catchy. Everyone would think that it was fiction.

Michael: That's fine with me. Then people won't come after me for all the bad mistakes I've made.

Benito: "Who Would've Thought That Was Possible?"

Nelly: What point of your life is that a reference to?

Benito: All of it. I have a lot of self-doubt.

Nelly: Oh. pauses "I really haven't done much with my life, but I've done enough to make a book you're willing to buy, so I guess that's enough, right?"

Benito: Make it a little catchier. If that was recommended to me, I would skip over it.

Nelly: "My life is boring."

Benito: I might read that.

I would like to point out that the only one who properly capitalized their title was Benito, and Benito isn't that good at written English and paid someone to edit his papers for most of his college career.

Benito: I feel like I've talked about this before.

Nelly: People assuming that I am no longer working in space because it was too hard and the pressure made me 'crack'.

Benito: Either people interrupting me when it's my turn to talk--

Nelly: You need to stop overreacting over that.

Benito: -_- or people failing to listen to me when I'm talking.

Nelly: Wait, what was that? Can you repeat that last part? I was still thinking about how annoyed you get when you're interrupted.

Benito: -_- why do I even talk to you?

Rus: I hate when I ask someone a question and they lie to me.

Michael: Why are you asking a question if you know the truth already?

Rus: To get more details. "Hey, I see you've been hanging out with Beckham." "Whaaat??? No I haven't!" Actually, I watched you two hang out half the day and you kinda still smell like him, but you know what, if you're willing to hang out that much with him in the first place, I probably don't want to be your friend.

Michael: Is he the one that was doing parkour in that video?

Rus: That's the one. He sprained his ankle and if I'm going to be honest, I wish he broke it. Also, they edited me parkouring out, and that made me really angry.

Michael: They probably didn't want to admit you can parkour.

Rus: Really. Angry.

Michael: My biggest peeve is when you can tell something is bothering someone and you ask and they say "I'm okay."

Nelly: becoming angry just thinking about it I also hate when people leave their shoes right in front of the door. I swear. dark glare at Benito

Benito: unrealistically calm for her amount of anger Maybe you should stop throwing my things away without my permission.

Nelly: It was BROKEN.

Q: Have you ever lied to a loved one? Would you?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17

Fallon: So I cannae even play ping-pong with myself like Quicksilver did? Shit.
    Jenna: And I can't heat up my coffee if it gets cold?
    Alex: Or try out new hairstyles? Or cosplay as my favourite superheroes?
    Izzy: I guess I can't tell my friend that their 'boo' is cheating on them, either.
    Jake: It's pretty funny screwing with the electricity next door. I swear they think they're haunted xD

Weeell... Seeing as outside powers don't actually work in Valcrest... Over there you definitely couldn't.

They also don't have coffee. Just a heads up. :P

What is Izzy's real name? :)

@typical_demigod Wooow, no pressure, huh? lol

What I meant by that is... A lot of things that happen with these two will happen either in the background or off-screen entirely; save one or two character development chapters I may or not do. So I'm not sure what the actual impact will be.

Similarly with Lena and Eldric; which, has one of my friends extremely frustrated because he's been wanting the whole story with THAT ever since the half-point of the second RP. >.>

"This slightly toasted porridge" "How do you toast porridge?" "SLIGHTLY TOASTED PORRIDGE"

I read the all-caps in Gordon Ramsay's voice and now I can't stop laughing.

Nelly: "My life is boring."
    Benito: I might read that.

I probably would.

Benito: Either people interrupting me when it's my turn to talk--
    Nelly: You need to stop overreacting over that.
    Benito: -- or people failing to listen to me when I'm talking.
    Nelly: Wait, what was that? Can you repeat that last part? I was still thinking about how annoyed you get when you're interrupted.
    Benito: -
    - why do I even talk to you?

lol

Benito: unrealistically calm for her amount of anger Maybe you should stop throwing my things away without my permission.
    Nelly: It was BROKEN.

Me and my mom.

I need time to mourn my broken shit before I throw it away. >.>

Gabrielle: "When people move my things. Or when they sit at my desk when there is clearly a chair right in front of them."

Johanna: fails to look innocent >.>

Gerald: "When someone is clearly angry at you but they won't admit that they're angry or say WHY they're angry and instead choose to act like a passive-aggressive infant for a week and a half."

Johanna: "When someone refuses to drop a subject after you repeatedly tell them to."

Gerald: "When someone just flat out refuses to even acknowledge a situation that, clearly, isn't just going to disappear."

Johanna: "Well, maybe, you shouldn't act like it's your right or duty to fix people."

Gerald: "..."

Gabrielle: "Don't.... Say anything you might regret there, Tucker."

Gerald: snort "Alright. Okay." walks away

Weeell... That escalated. o.O

Dani: "When people insist on calling me by my full name after I repeatedly tell them to just call me 'Dani'."

Lena: "When people think that 'I want to be alone right now' is code for 'please stay and try to cheer me up'." -.-

Gabrielle: "No, but if it was necessary; yes, I would."

Gerald: "No. Maybe I should start, though." >.>

Johanna: siiigh "Yes."

Kyle: "No."

Sebastian: "I have. I would."

Kyle: "..."

Sebastian: "Don't ask."

Dani: "Not about anything important. At least not yet."

Lena: "If omission counts... Then definitely. People will never look at you the same after you admit to accidentally seeing that time when they wet the bed at age six."

Q: Have you ever have someone walk in on a conversation and hear you say something that sounded completely horrible out of context?

• @blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (July Edition):

What I meant by that is... A lot of things that happen with these two will happen either in the background or off-screen entirely; save one or two character development chapters I may or not do. So I'm not sure what the actual impact will be.

That saddens me greatly. It makes more sense about the impact, but deeply saddening.

That improves that comment 100%.

Lena: "If omission counts... Then definitely. People will never look at you the same after you admit to accidentally seeing that time when they wet the bed at age six."

Eh. I don't see how that changes the way people look at you? Kids wet beds? Who is it that she is keeping this from? Is this a Wolfpack thing that I just don't get?

Q: Have you ever have someone walk in on a conversation and hear you say something that sounded completely horrible out of context?

Rus: It's possible, but I ramble a lot. Nobody really listens in the first place. They figure out when to nod or smile and space out again.

Benito: We hadn't known each other very long at this point, but once I was talking to Juana and I called her a bitch really loudly and I looked up at Robbins was just staring at me, trying to figure out if I was calling her a bitch or someone else.

Nelly: Did you explain to her that you were talking to your sister?

Benito: She was more concerned. She was like, "Do you understand what that word means? I don't think you should be saying that to your sister" and I just shrugged because I should have said it with more force.

Nelly: This is why people think your family is dysfunctional.

Benito: That's their problem.

Michael: My mom was walked in while I was on the phone explaining to someone why Houston Redding needed to die and how we needed to dispose of the body, per my chemistry teacher and a page I was reading at the same time. Proudly: It was pretty detailed.

Nelly: She didn't know that you were talking about Houston Redding?

Michael: No. She didn't believe me until the person I was talking to was like "No, don't freak out, we're literally talking about Houston Redding, we're not actually planning on murdering anyone". After that conversation, she asked me why I knew so much about disposing of dead bodies and why I thought it was okay to justify murdering someone, even if they were fictional.

Rus: Is this why you went through that phase where you were blocked from ninety percent of the internet?

Michael: Partially, yes.

Q: If you had to pick between wearing a red dress/suit or blue dress/suit, which would you pick?

• @typical_demigod I know xD To be fair it only works for half of the year, but still...

Yeah, that's definitely Alex. I haven't seen that specific meme, but I do recall hearing a similar one about a guy who was saved from his ex-girlfriend by a pizza delivery guy. It was so long ago that I don't remember the details, though. Perhaps I'll look up the one you mentioned?

Yeah, Great British Bake Off was moved to Channel 4 from BBC, and I have watched it a few times :) I do wish I had the ability to cook/bake, but my motor co-ordination is below average (that is to say, I'm dyspraxic).

Look, the point is, wouldn't music videos and the like count?)

That only occured to me after I clicked submit, as usual xD

That sounds condescending tbh. You better have some amazing musings and reveal some amazing things to me.

Jake: (laughing so hard his stomach hurts) Oh my god, he called you out! I told you!
    Jenna: (simply goes red) I, err, probably should've thought about that answer some more, or at least given more examples...
    Jake: (has finally stopped laughing and puts a hand on her shoulder) This is what I'm telling you, Jen. You can't just pull the first pretentious title out of your arse to sound smart. Know what I'm saying?
    Jenna: (rolls her eyes, but lets her hair 'curtain' her face) I know.
    Jake: (leans against her and grins) C'mon, cheer up. Mistakes happen. I mean, you've seen my old list of song titles... :3
    Jenna: (smiles) They were pretty funny to read.
    Jake: ^-^ That's my big sis.

Nelly's and Rus's titles are my favourites, though I think Nelly's title is more in line with what I'd choose personally :P
    Oh god, I'm really guilty of saying "I'm okay" when someone asks, even if I'm bothered. Sorry, Michael, but I don't like burdening people with my problems xD

@Blackbird Well damn. However, methinks Shaan would be the only one somewhat pleased with that news (as well as perhaps Izzy and Alex to lesser extents, respectively; hearing voices around people even in super-silent rooms can be annoying, and Alex has a secondary power for his shapeshifting that makes physical contact with someone for the first time a literal headache). Except the coffee part. He drinks that much coffee he practically bleeds it.
    Izzy's real name (as of the current draft) is Clarity Noble. It used to be Isis Noble, but...well...real life happened, unfortunately. Shame, really, because I think it's a pretty name. And the reason why her nickname is Izzy is partially because I was too stubborn to completely let go of the former name; that, and she finds her first name embarrassing. Same deal with Shaan, as a matter of fact, since he used to be Shaun.

God dammit, you've got me laughing now as well xD

Oh wow, that really did escalate. (Insert a poor elevator/escalator joke of your choice here.)

Jenna: I think the mere fact we've decided to essentially become superheroes and fight aliens qualifies us for that, yes. So outside of that... No. Not willingly, and even then begrudgingly.
    Jake: (sighs) Yeah, I'll own up to it—I have lied to my family before. Not always proud of it, but I do. And I would, if it kept them safe.
    Shaan: No. Never. I don't really understand why you would.
    Jake: Not even a tiny white lie?
    Shaan: Not that I recall. That would probably be the only kind of lie I'd consider. Anything more would need lives hanging in the balance.
    Alex: Uhh, only a couple of times.
    (NOTE: Alex isn't sure wether to point blank tell his adoptive parents he's bisexual.)
    Izzy: I've had to lie a bit since the telepathy stuff. I think my grades have been slipping too, so eventually they're going to ask why :3
    Fallon: I used to lie a lot a few years ago. Dunnae know if I'd do it again.

(I'm going to skip the 'Walking in out out-of-context comment' question, because i feel like I've been writing this darned comment for long enough xD)

Q: If you had to pick between wearing a red dress/suit or a blue dress/suit, which would you pick?
    Fallon: I'm gonnae go with red.
    Izzy: I'd wear red too, because it looks better on me.
    Jake: I dunno. Red looks cool, but so does blue.
    Alex: Blue looks smarter. Red's too flashy.
    Shaan: I agree, but I think you'd suit red, depending on the exact shade.
    Jenna: Jake's definitely the one who'd walk in wearing a red suit, in that case. I'll wear blue.

Q: Have you ever been speechless? If so, why?

(EDIT:)

Rus: Is this why you went through that phase where you were blocked from ninety percent of the internet?

Now this is something I want to hear in more depth! xD

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 If I knew where the one was I mentioned, I'd share it, but I've only ever seen screenshots of it floating around the internet :P

I could never bake as well as they do on that show, but I love watching it. It's just so chill.

Oh god, I'm really guilty of saying "I'm okay" when someone asks, even if I'm bothered. Sorry, Michael, but I don't like burdening people with my problems xD

I don't even know why Michael keeps complaining about it because he's the one that makes friends (and, you know, marries) with these people.

I feel the need to remind Jake that tiny white lies are the ones that sprawl out of control the fastest. I also feel the need to inform Jake that I am a female so that he is aware for future reference :)

Alex: Uhh, only a couple of times.
    (NOTE: Alex isn't sure wether to point blank tell his adoptive parents he's bisexual.)

Dylan, Michael's husband: I understand that feel and I hope if you come out it goes well :)

Now this is something I want to hear in more depth! xD

I would tell you more, but I have no idea where that came from, so I am of no help with that :P

Q: Have you ever been speechless? If so, why?

Benito: Yes. Several times. The reasons vary from total shock to not knowing how to respond without insulting a person that I am not allowed to insult.

Nelly: You insult Quick all the time.

Benito: I'm allowed to insult her.

Nelly: I...?

Benito: under breath I hate her.

Nelly: Yeah. I don't really want to talk about it, because it was traumatic and kind of the basis of several current issues of mine. There was also the time when someone tripped me and told me that I needed to pay more attention and I literally just stared at them.

Michael: They were a fairy, weren't they?

Nelly: I've always thought that but I never found out.

Rus: Mm, yeah. I think the most recent one was when my "friends" let me get high and didn't stop me or warn me. That was great. Apparently it was common knowledge. That wasn't actually common.

Michael: Whenever people insult me I always just kind of stare at them for a solid three seconds. Which is amusing, because whenever someone insults someone I know I have a comeback in .2 seconds. Also, I was doing a sim a few months ago and something was wrong with the frequencies of the radio and my partner and I listened to two people argue because Tommy was watching the series ahead, and Tommy was yelling because Trisha was sleeping with his best friend, and they decided to break up, and then they started making out. And we stared at each other in utter confusion and failed that sim.

Rus: That sounds more like the answer to "What's the most ridiculous true story that you know?"

Michael: I was also speechless at my wedding, several times, for several very different reasons, ranging from "yay i'm married!" to pure rage to "I'm actually terrible at comforting people so I'm just going to be quiet now".

Q: What IS the most ridiculous true story you know?

• @typical_demigod It really is. Plus, after a while you tend to pick up tips as they're baking, so that's cool ^-^

Consider Jake reminded twice :P

Dylan, Michael's husband: I understand that feel and I hope if you come out it goes well :)

Alex: Thanks, Dylan :3

Michael: They were a fairy, weren't they?

What fairies are we talking about, here? xD My brain keeps giving me the image of some person with butterfly wings randomly sticking their legs out to trip people as they fly past.

Q: What IS the most ridiculous true story you know?
    Shaan: I don't think I know any ridiculous true stories?
    Alex: (nods) Pretty sure Michael's story has us all beat.
    Jake: Well, hang on a minute, I had this mate years ago whose brother-in-law got attacked by a honey badger at this pool in Haringey.
    Jenna: (shaking her head already) I remember this...
    Fallon: O_O You've got to be fuckin' joking.
    Jake: Nope. Apparently it'd managed to stow away on a boat from South Africa, arrived in London, got lost, and ended up hiding away in the leisure centre overnight. Man's brother-in-law went in the next morning, 'cause he worked there, and the badger just leapt out and went straight for him.
    Izzy: Oh, heck. But how do you know that's a true story?
    Jenna: It made local news in Haringey. Plus, his friend showed us the pictures.
    Fallon: Jesus.
    Izzy: Was he okay?
    Jake: (waves his hand) Of course he was, don't worry. Last I heard, he'd started showing people the bite mark on his arm and telling them he got bit wrestling a 'Ratel' on a safari in Cape Town. (grins) To be fair, it sounds cooler than saying "I got bit by a honey badger in the men's changing room."
    Alex: (mock bow) All hail the honey badger.
    Shaan: A savage motherfucker.
    Jake: Not gonna lie, didn't expect you to say that O_o
    Shaan: (shrugs) You and Fallon swear all the time. I don't see the problem.
    Fallon: We dunnae swear all the fucking time!
    Shaan: (pointed look)
    Fallon: ...Okay, you've got a point.

Q: Who would you say has influenced you the most in life (role model, parent, an old friend, etc.)?

• @Shy_Not_Fly17 You really do!

What fairies are we talking about, here? xD My brain keeps giving me the image of some person with butterfly wings randomly sticking their legs out to trip people as they fly past.

hahahahaha I love that mental image tbh because with their reputation, that's something they could do and get away with.

No, they're actually only fairies in name. They're unique to the world and essentially human; the defining difference is that fairies have "magic", or a super power. There's a lot of complex special politics involving them, humans, and human/fairy hybrids (which, legally, don't exist).

That entire story about the honey badger, my emotions ended up being summarized by:

Alex: (mock bow) All hail the honey badger.
    Shaan: A savage motherfucker.

Honey badgers are not to be messed with.

Q: Who would you say has influenced you the most in life (role model, parent, an old friend, etc.)?

Michael: Probably my dad. Most of my interests as a kid stemmed from his interests and I'm here now.

Benito: The most? I don't know. There's probably a half dozen people that have influenced me about equally to each other. Do people keep a hierarchy of people that influenced them in life?

Michael: You must've missed the memo.

Benito: That sounds like the thing where parents have favorite children.

Michael: They do.

Rus: Says the only child.

Nelly: Probably my twin. Half of what I did as a kid was to prove that I was as tough as her and my career today is because we thought it would be awesome if we both went into the Fleet so...

Rus: Nik, I guess? Or Hisharish Nith. I love that girl.

That's the celebrity crush he claimed not to have :P

Q: Would you rather color a picture or draw a picture?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.