Editing elements causing timeline to break

• I apologize if this has been discussed before.

When I edit or delete an element (even one not being used in the timeline itself), I return to my timeline to find it broken. It's still editable, but I can no longer seem to add any character/object/etc to the sidebar, and it looks like this:

alt text

Guessing it's a bug. I tested it a few times to make sure it wasn't just my first attempt or the content itself, and it repeated several times, so any help would be appreciated.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Hey there @devilfoashadow.

Eek! Yeah, that looks like a bug. A big thank you for reaching out to us about this.

I'll be tapping our awesome dev @Simon on your behalf to see if he can solve this issue. :) He's been known to work magic. :)

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hi @devilfoashadow, thanks for reaching out! This is definitely a bug, I'm looking into it now, I'll let you know as soon as a fix is deployed. Is it possible that it happens only during element deletion?

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey again @devilfoashadow, I've deployed a fix for the issue now, it would happen sometimes when deleting an event. Very sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you! Please do let me know if it does not seem to have been fixed or if you encounter any other issues, very happy to help!

Thanks again for reaching out, much appreciated! :)

• @simon Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep you up-to-date if it happens again.

It was definitely happening for both editing and deleting of elements, but the fix seems to be working as of the moment.

Thank you for the quick response, both of you.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

A huge thank you for bringing this to our attention! :)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.