Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition)

• @Blackbird I was not aware of pearls being fish poop, but I still have an affinity for them XD

Dani: "Neither. I mean, semi-precious gemstones are way cooler. Like, uhm, agates or garnets... And you find them in caves in the south a lot easier too."

Pretty much me. (I've noticed that I have a lot in common with Dani, tbh...) If someone ever proposes to me, I don't want a diamond ring. I'll accept it, but there are much cooler things at more reasonable prices relative to their actual rarity.

Q: Is there something really silly that you thought was true as a child?

Fi: "We are all created equal." pause Yeah, that.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Resa: Our mom was really big on, well, basically karma, but I've never had karma work for me. My karma always comes back bad, no matter what I do -_-

The very last scene in the novel is actually present-day Resa musing about that very thing. The line he uses there for comparison is "what goes around comes around" but same difference.

Winnie: That any of us have a real choice about what we get to do as adults. Like, yeah, I can sure do a lot of things, but I'm still stuck being Lady Protector whenever my mother dies. It wouldn't have mattered if I wanted to be an artist instead.

Resa: That's why monarchs had multiple children. The eldest could abdicate.

Winne: sighs I wish.

Tee: That people don't care what you look like or talk like or whatever. People care a lot about first impressions. A lot.

River: Probably ghosts being real.

Q: What do you think is usually people's first impression of you?

• @typical_demigod I have a tiny semi-precious stone collection on my desk. And I have actually been to an amethyst mine when I was a kid. We actually got out of there with a bunch of them they considered to be 'imperfect' and were being sold for cheap. We gave them away to all our friends. It was fun. :)

Aw, those weren't all that silly.

Like, me... I was an extremely gullible child. For instance, there's this tree here that drops something that I thought looked similar in shape to a snake's head (I wanted to find a picture but I don't know the name of the tree :/) and my brother managed to convince me that they really were dried up snake's heads and that our neighborhood was infested with snakes. >.>

Q: What do you think is usually people's first impression of you?

Gabrielle: "It's probably not great."

Gerald: "I honestly thought you might kill me in my sleep the first night after we met."

Gabrielle: "To be fair, I considered it."

Johanna: "People probably think I'm a lot nicer than I am."

Gerald: "You are incredibly nice, though."

Johanna: "Hm... Maybe not nice... Uhm... Harmless?"

Gerald: "That... You are not."

Gabrielle: "It's because you're tiny and adorable."

Johanna: "I'm not tiny, you're both too tall." -.-

Gerald: "I honestly don't know what people think of me. They probably think I'm a nice guy until I open my mouth."

Johanna: "You are nice, Gerry."

Gerald: snort "Really?"

Johanna: "Deep down."

Gerald: chuckle "What I thought."

Dani: "I take people probably think I'm far more innocent than I actually am. Which, isn't a bad thing for an assassin. Still, it's pretty funny."

Lena: "That I'm an arrogant bitch."

Dani: "..."

Lena: "I know they'd technically not be wrong. You don't have to say it."

Dani: "Don't get me wrong, you're a genuinely good person, and I love you, but... I also know you a lot better than most."

Lena: shrug "I can live with that."

Q: What importance do you give to other people's opinion of you?

• @Blackbird Ooh, that's cool!

Aw, those weren't all that silly.

I saw the question and Fi's answer popped in my head and it went downhill from there. By the time I got to River I was just kinda like "Why is this so depressing!?!?!?!"

In case you weren't sure what the tone of the story (even world tbh) was before, you can read that post and know with absolute certainty what it is.

Aren't brothers great?

...on that note, having finished reading Dani & Lena's response, siblings can also be nice. It's a weird balance :/

How tall is Jo?

Q: What importance do you give to other people's opinion of you?

Resa: It depends on the person, but usually not much.

Winnie: It depends what opinion they have of me.

Tee: Kind of a lot but I'm getting a little better about that.

River: ...

Tee: ...I am.

River: Unless my life is at stake or something, I really couldn't care less about what other people think of me.

Fi: A lot. If everyone wakes up and decides that I'm a terrible person, I'll probably end up dead. shrug

Q: How good are you at keeping friends?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition):

How tall is Jo?

I'm not sure of her exact height yet, but she's right about it being just that Gerald and Gabrielle are super tall. She looks tiny standing next to them, but she's not THAT short. lol

Like, I'm 1.73m tall and in my family I'm tall (bunch of shorties in my family tbh) and just the other day I found myself standing next to this dude who was 2m tall and it was like slowly looks up "Holy crap a giant!"

Gerry and Gabe are about the same height; 6' 2'', which is around 1.9m (so says my go-to internet converter). That's pretty tall compared to Jo.

Fi: A lot. If everyone wakes up and decides that I'm a terrible person, I'll probably end up dead. shrug

o.O

Q: How good are you at keeping friends?

Gabrielle: "Hm... I never had to put them on a leash or anything."

Gerald: "I find it disturbing how that thought occurred to you just now."

Gabrielle: "That was a joke, Tucker."

Gerald: "The problem is that when you joke, you don't sound like you're joking and now I'm not sleeping tonight."

Gabrielle: "I think out of the two of us" point between herself and Johanna "I'm the least of your worries."

Johanna: "..." glares

Gabrielle: "I'm not the one constantly sneaking into people's rooms at night. Just... Pointing that out..."

Gerald: "I can honestly say I never actually had friends before I met Jo and Porter. And, well, this doesn't seem like something I can opt out of if I wanted to. It's the sort of 'let's march into Death's cold embrace together' kind of dysfunctional family love."

Gabrielle: "That is very dysfunctional, now that I think about it."

Johanna: "I don't know what non-dysfunctional is." shrugs

Gabrielle: "..."

Sebastian: "I feel like we've unknowingly joined a cult." snicker

Gabrielle: "Didn't I explicitly say you should not join us, Rivers?"

Sebastian: shrugs "I don't know what non-dysfunctional is either. Or if I ever did, I don't remember it."

Dani: "I'm friends with just about everyone, people like me, and I'm generally a good friend, so... Pretty good."

Lena: "I honestly don't know who I consider a friend, so it's hard to tell."

Dani: "What do you mean? I know I said I was your only friend, but that wasn't actually serious."

Lena: "I know that." frown "I meant that I have people I spend time with and generally enjoy being around, but... Unless I can confide in someone, I don't know if I'd consider them a friend and by that logic... You probably are my only friend. Well, and Eldric, but that's... Become increasingly complicated now."

Dani: "Well... You don't need much effort to keep me then, I mean, you're my sister I have to love you." smirk

Lena: "Aren't I glad?" -.-

I love these two. snort

Q: What is your definition of friend?

• @Blackbird Yeah, I know that Gerald and Gabrielle are really tall, which is why I ask. At the same time, though, I think anything under 5'10 probably makes people at 6'2 comparatively tall.

o.O

He's over-exaggerating.

A lot.

Doing something wrong and earning hatred can result in death, though. Gladiators have an unwritten code and it's fully expected that you follow it. If they randomly decide they don't like your personality anymore and you're reliable, they'll keep you around.

How long does Dani live? Because I'm 90% sure that everyone outside of Sebastian & Lena die by the end of Shadows Rising but I don't remember if you've said anything about Dani's lifespan. :/ (I say that as though the mortality rate for your characters isn't at 98%.)

Q: What is your definition of friend?

Fi: I'll call people I get along with friends, but I don't think I consider them a legitimate friend unless I can trust them.

Resa: I define it as a person I enjoy spending time with.

Winnie: Isn't that an acquaintance?

Resa: That's someone that you just met and you've hung out with them maybe twice.

Winnie: Uh-huh. I would say a friend is someone I like hanging out and confiding to about personal issues and an acquaintance is everything else.

River: A person I can speak to without fear of them telling everything I told them to someone else.

Tee: I guess the same.

River: Unfortunately, good friends are hard to come by.

Tee: ...I guess the same.

Q: What would someone have to do for you to consider them an enemy?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition):

I think anything under 5'10 probably makes people at 6'2 comparatively tall.

That's why I don't know exactly how tall Jo is yet. :P

I'm rewriting their character bios to add more info, so when I get to hers I'll probably have a concrete answer, though.

How long does Dani live?

Why do you ask? ^.-

Also, Lena, Seb and Dani have children who will be characters in the main series (Crys and Annie >.>), so canon dictates they survive this. That said, they all die by the end of the main series. So... Ya know. :P

River: A person I can speak to without fear of them telling everything I told them to someone else.
    Tee: I guess the same.
    River: Unfortunately, good friends are hard to come by.

Yup. :/

Q: What would someone have to do for you to consider them an enemy?

Gabrielle: "Kill my entire family is pretty big on the list. Follow the orders of the people who murdered my entire family. Threaten my friends, follow the orders of people who threaten my friends... I mean, just don't associate with people who kill my loved ones in general and I'll have no issues with you."

Gerald: "I... Have never had an enemy. As in, one single person I've been antagonistic to. I'm in this to fight the Wolfpack because, well, frankly, they deserve it. And I guess that makes us enemies, but if I'm honest... Unlike Porter, I was the one who chose to make this personal."

Sebastian: "Hm... Gerald has a point. I mean, with the exception of Porter, the harm we suffered was indirectly inflicted by someone else. Someone hired the Wolfpack to do these things. Whereas with her, it was actually personal."

Johanna: "Enemies of my friends are my enemies." shrug

Kyle: "Have you ever had someone that you consider an enemy for personal reasons?"

Johanna: "Yes. They are... All... Dead."

Kyle: "Oh. But what did they actually d-..."

Gerald: "Anyway..."

Kyle: "But..."

Gerald: glares

Dani: "Threaten my family I guess. Or my friends. Or the clan in general. I am the next Alpha, protecting everyone here isn't my job yet, but it will be one day."

Lena: "I guess same with me. I mean, I'm not going to be the Alpha, thankfully, but I am protective of my family."

Q: Are you a protective person?

• @Blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition):

Also, Lena, Seb and Dani have children who will be characters in the main series (Crys and Annie >.>), so canon dictates they survive this. That said, they all die by the end of the main series. So... Ya know. :P

Ah, see, I knew Lena and Sebastian canonically survived, but I didn't know about Dani.

If there is only one thing I have learned, it is that Jo is the one to be terrified of, not Gabrielle.

Q: Are you a protective person?

Resa: I'm probably the most protective person I know.

Winnie: Unless I know that the person in question genuinely cannot defend themselves, I have more of a "you can defend yourself" sort of attitude.

Fi: Ah... not really, actually.

River: Yeah, I guess.

Tee: ...

River: ...I am.

Tee: I'm not, not really. Everyone I know can take care of themselves.

they need to stop being combative it's really getting on my nerves grrr >.<

Q: Would you rather be wealthy (based on whatever your culture considers wealth) but unhealthy or poor but healthy?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.