Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition)

• @Blackbird Interesting. I like stories where the actions of characters in the past influence the lives of characters in the future and that is definitely something that exists in your world ^_^

I hear that knitting is actually enjoyable/relaxing once you learn it, regardless of the age/gender. Maybe Gabrielle should take up knitting.

@SirBlood What makes a person rich or poor, in Clyde's eyes? That's so subjective...

Q: How important is money to you?

Fi: Money, or objects that are worth a lot of money, can do so much... If I had more of it, I wouldn't be here anymore, that's for certain.

Tee: Kind of really important.

River: 'Tis the only way to survive.

Resa: Money has never really been tangible to me, but I've also never been in a position where my financial situation was dire or life-or-death. shrugs

Winnie: Same... Even if I blew through money Mama gave to me, I knew there was always more.

Q: Your tied down and being tortured by a crazy woman. Why do you think she would harm you?

Winnie: I'm concerned for your wellbeing.

Resa: o_o

Fi: I honestly have no idea??? Well, my mother actually might be willing to have me tortured because we were definitely not on great terms when I left, but my mother is kind of a different story.

Tee: Probably because she thinks I betrayed her or something?

River: I think I don't know anyone who would do that to me, so if someone did decide to tie me down and torture me, it would be a stranger. If she weren't a stranger, I still wouldn't have any clue why she was torturing me.

Q: Is there anyone in particular who dislikes you?

• @typical_demigod In my personal experience, knitting sucks majorly, but to each their own.

Fi: I honestly have no idea??? Well, my mother actually might be willing to have me tortured because we were definitely not on great terms when I left, but my mother is kind of a different story.

o.O

Q: Your tied down and being tortured by a crazy woman. Why do you think she would harm you?

Ha. Too bad Luckas isn't here for this round. Sam will literally do this to him. >.>

Gabrielle: "She's crazy. Does she really need a reason?"

Gerald: "Honestly, the only women I piss off on a regular basis would never do that to me. Well, Porter at least would never do that to me. I seriously wonder about Jo sometimes."

Johanna: innocent smile "Me? Never. Well... Maybe? Define 'torture'."

Gerald: o_o

Sebastian: "If an adult woman was kidnapping thirteen-year-old me for tied up torture I doubt she could get away with saying it's my fault. Also, Jo would probably find her and murder her so fast it's not even funny."

Johanna: clings to Sebastian and Kyle >.>

Dani: "I don't see that ever happening. I see people wanting to kill me. I am the Alpha's child and the Wolfpack does have enemies, but torture? Nah. Not unless it's some random crazy stranger, in which case, there's no point in wondering why."

Lena: "I could probably kill someone while tied up, so tough luck. Being a telepath does have its perks." >.>

Q: Is there anyone in particular who dislikes you?

Gabrielle: "My birth parents come to mind, although I doubt they'd do anything about it. The Alpha is not very fond of me either due to the whole trying to annihilate her clan thing."

Gerald: "Uhm... I don't know. I hope not."

Johanna: "Hmm... I think I killed them all."

Kyle: "We pissed off a bunch of people in the city, as one does when stealing to survive, but I don't think any of them actually know who we are."

Dani: "I don't think so? I hope not. I try to get along with everyone."

Lena: "Do I really have to say it at this point?"

Dani: "Eldric's father. We knooooow..." chuckle

Lena: "The man has issues." shrugs

Dani: "I never understood what his problem is with you."

Lena: "My birth mother, Dani. She was a traitor and all of that. Remember?"

Dani: "That has literally nothing to do with you.

Lena: "Weell... I kind of wouldn't exist if it weren't for that, so that's not entirely true."

Dani: "Well, Reuben Fletcher can suck it, then. The wanker." frown

Lena: chuckle "Wanker?"

Dani: "I'm not as great with insults as you are. Shut up." >.>

Q: Is there anyone you idolize?

• @Blackbird Look, the only characters that come from a semi-functional family are River & Tee, and their mother was dead by the time they were ~12, sooo... (to be fair, their mother was decent.)

Ha. Too bad Luckas isn't here for this round. Sam will literally do this to him. >.>

Somehow I am not surprised :/

Fi: I used to idolize my brothers. I mean, not so much after I grew up, but when I was a kid I did.

Winnie: Mama. Not so much now, but when I was younger...

Resa: shrugs I don't know. I never really idolized anyone, I don't think.

Tee: Maybe...

River: Who?

Tee: Idk

River: That's a lie. For me... I thought my fourth grade teacher was amazing. I aspired to be like her until I was a teenager.

Q: What kinds of teachers did you have, growing up?

• @typical_demigod said in Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition):

Somehow I am not surprised :/

I think it's well established that I'm horrible to my characters, but in my defense... Luckas is an idiot who didn't think hanging out with the clearly-obsessed-with-him-in-a-totally-sexual-way cult leader would somehow end in THIS after he went "Nope, I'm totally into this other woman. Also, I'm pretty sure you child abused me in the past, so we're not friends anymore.". >.>

Luckas: "That's not true, I totally thought it might end in this, I just kind of thought I'd get out of it somehow. Even though I made no... real... effort...to... Okay, that was pretty fucking stupid. But it's Sammy. She would have hunted me down either way."

Fair point. She would have. >.>

Gabrielle: "Currently? No. I did think very highly of my father up until he died."

Gerald: "His death changed your mind?"

Gabrielle: "The reason for his death did."

Johanna: "Gabe."

Gabrielle: flinches "What?"

Johanna: shrug

Gerald: "You are our fearless leader, Porter. Own up to it."

Gabrielle: "Don't even joke about that."

Sebastian: "Idolizing people is the easiest path to disappointment."

Dani: "I think I grew up with this idealistic notion of who my father was that probably isn't really him, but... It's the only him that I know."

Lena: "I idolize him too if that helps."

Dani: "Well, you met him at least."

Lena: "For a year. When I was two. My only vivid memory is his death and, trust me, you don't want to remember him that way."

Dani: sigh "I guess."

Dani's father was a bit of a big deal in the Wolfpack, but... He died literally days before she was born, so... yeeeeaah... That really sucks. :P

(This is where I point out the great parents that she does have so you guys see that I'm not completely horrible; awesome mom, great stepdad, little sister... The works. >.>)

Q: What kinds of teachers did you have, growing up?

Gabrielle: "Some lessons were a lot harsher than others. Let's just... Leave it at that."

Gerald: "The day I left the Guard I punched three superior officers in the face before they managed to restrain and throw me out. But, before that, I had a good enough relationship with all of my teachers."

Johanna: "Doesn't sound like you."

Gerald: "That's because I don't drink anymore."

Johanna: "Oh."

Gerald: "Was one of those 'never again' type of moments."

Johanna: "Gabe... taught me to read. Other than that, I don't think I enjoyed any of my life lessons."

Sebastian: "I'd tell you about my training, but I'm afraid I'll somehow make things worse for myself again." >.>

Dani: "In the Wolfpack, your parents are in charge of your education until you're ten years old; at which point you should be able to read, write, and handle basic mathematics, and then you're assigned an Instructor by the Alpha. Mom was in charge of my training at first, but she booted me to Lena once she was promoted to Instructor. Lena is... How do I put it... She's the kind of teacher she thinks will work best for you. Which I think makes her a great Instructor, but in my case, it means I'm screwed."

Lena: "It doesn't have to mean that." -.-

Dani: "In a perfect world." >.>

Lena: chuckles "Uhm, I had a few Instructors, mostly because I had, ehem, I think my file would call it 'issues with authority'. I see it more as they didn't know how to deal with me, which is why Joe took charge of my training."

Dani: "Was that after you broke Mitchell's wrist?"

Lena: "I think he underestimated my learning capabilities just a notch. Or the fact that you shouldn't tell me I can't do something unless you want me to prove you wrong."

Dani: "How was Dad as a teacher, though?"

Lena: "Pretty great. Not like he didn't know how to deal with me already. Years of practice and all of that."

Dani: "And people think I'm the problem child in this family."

Lena: "I think it's probably Sarah, actually."

Dani: "Pft, of course it's Sarah."

Q: Do you have a reputation? If so, what kind?

• @Blackbird said in Character Respond Answer Ask (May Edition):

(This is where I point out the great parents that she does have so you guys see that I'm not completely horrible; awesome mom, great stepdad, little sister... The works. >.>)

I've been rereading a manuscript because I'm going to be worldbuilding in that world this summer, and the first thing that made me think was a line from it:

Then again, every man had morals.

(It's in the context of one of the MCs just being enslaved after watching the brutal murder of his parents, and one of the slavers was talking about how great they were because they weren't going to do one terrible thing that most slavers did. >.>)

Spite is such a powerful weapon.

So, what do they do if the child doesn't have that education by the time they're 10?

Q: Do you have a reputation? If so, what kind?

Tee: Not really. Everyone just kind of knows me as the socially awkward guy who lives on the third floor. :/

River: None that I know of....

Tee: ...

Fi: hahaha Sort of? I don't really know if it still applies or not. Back home I think people looked at me as a cheater. Here everybody is kind of on an equal playing field.

Resa: I have a reputation as being a cold heartless being. Which is... pretty much true, I'd say.

Winnie: rolls eyes Right, yeah. That's one thing you aren't. Me? Pretty sure my family looks at me as being really naive from time to time. It's not really a reputation, though. Just... the way my family looks at me?

Resa: I would deny that, but I literally told you in-story to stop being naive, so.

Q: Do you enjoy learning about history?

• @typical_demigod

(It's in the context of one of the MCs just being enslaved after watching the brutal murder of his parents, and one of the slavers was talking about how great they were because they weren't going to do one terrible thing that most slavers did. >.>)

I'd object to this comparison, but then... I don't think I can. -.-

So, what do they do if the child doesn't have that education by the time they're 10?

With clan-born children that just doesn't happen because everyone in the Pack is brought up that way and as a society, they are very big on making sure everyone does their part; whatever it is. However, children; or older individuals, who are adopted or recruited into the Wolfpack who lack that basic knowledge aren't allowed to start training until they acquire it and whatever else they may be lacking. Still, if you go late into training you'll need to catch up quickly or you'll pretty much be enduring a little bit of crap from the other recruits.

Dani is fifteen and her basic training should be completed by now. >.>

Tee: Not really. Everyone just kind of knows me as the socially awkward guy who lives on the third floor. :/

This reminds me of this time I asked a question to the lady bagging my groceries in the local market and she just looked at me and said: "You can talk?"

My brother wouldn't stop laughing. -.-

Q: Do you enjoy learning about history?

Gabrielle: "I'd say I find it important a lot more than I actually enjoy it. Valcrest's history is messy and full of hurt."

Gerald: "Well, you can learn from it."

Johanna: "Can we?"

Gabrielle: "I don't think we are the best people to preach the whole 'learn from past mistakes' thing. We are, in a much minor scale, perpetuating a war after all."

Gerald: "Hm. True."

Dani: "Absolutely. There's a lot of confusion though between what's fact, what's embellished fact, and what is outright mythology, in Valcrest. It's interesting, but at the same time... Studying all you want won't get you any closer to knowing what the hell actually happened."

Lena: "I'm not sure that's exclusive to Valcrest, though. History is written... and all of that."

Q: What is the most morally despicable thing you've ever done?

Gabrielle: "I don't think we are the best people to preach the whole 'learn from past mistakes' thing. We are, in a much minor scale, perpetuating a war after all."

I think that's every country, to some extent. :P

Fi: I've... killed some people. So there's that.

Tee: I shoplifted a candy bar once to prove I could do it :P

River: To be honest, I cheat... a lot... on a lot of things... but...

Resa: I stole a car once.

Winnie: I helped with that.

Resa: nods

Winnie: It was fun, though. You know, until it crashed. >.>

Q: Have you ever stolen anything? Why?

Tee: I shoplifted a candy bar once to prove I could do it :P

We've got ourselves a badass. :P

whispers I've done that too. Don't tell my mom. >.>

Q: Have you ever stolen anything? Why?

Gabrielle: "That is one thing I haven't actually done. Huh."

Gerald: "Yes you have."

Gabrielle: "No, I don't think so."

Gerald: "You have a drawer full of..."

Gabrielle: "It's not stealing if the rightful owner's dead, Tucker."

Johanna: "She's right, Gerry. It's scavenging."

Gerald: "Hmmph, fine. I've never needed to steal. I grew up in the Castle and, well, when I went off on my own I was more than capable of fending for myself without having to do that kind of thing. No offense, Jo."

Johanna: "It's fine." shrug "I've stolen a lot of things." pause "A lot of things."

Sebastian: "We kind of had to. To survive and all that. I'm not particularly proud."

Dani: "I've set traps, I've set off accidental (and no so accidental) fires, I've done a lot of questionable things, but I've never stolen anything."

Lena: "I have, but it was part of a contract so I'm not allowed to discuss it."

Gabrielle: "Hmph, well... I honestly have my doubts on just how morally despicable murder is at this point in Valcrest. Still, it's probably that."

Gerald: "I... Left someone for dead once."

Johanna: scratches the wrappings around her forearms "I don't wanna talk about it."

Gerald: "..." sigh

I was actually writing this random scene last night of Jo sorta telling Gerald about the scars on her arms. Because life isn't depressing enough apparently. :P

Dani: "Morally despicable is a bit strong, don't you think?"

Lena: "How about morally reprehensible?"

Dani: "Oh, well, I've dipped someone's head into a crapper once."

Lena: "...You did... WHAT, now?"

Dani: "It was clean, I cleaned it first! I just wanted to give them a scare." >.>

Lena: "Why? Who?"

Dani: "One of the younger kids... They were picking on Sarah."

Lena: "How young?"

Dani: "..."

Lena: "Daniela..."

Dani: "Eight." >.>

Lena: "Twins sake. Morally despicable is NOT too strong for this."

Dani: "It was clean, though!"

Lena: "It doesn't matter!" rubs temples "Ugh... You... I can't even..."

Dani: mutters "It worked."

Lena: sigh "I've killed my share of people and some of that was definitely despicable of me. But at least I never shoved someone's head into a toilet."

Dani: "It was... clean..."

I'm with Lena on this, that's pretty mean. Damn. >.>

Q: Have you ever had your heart broken?

whispers I've done that too. Don't tell my mom. >.>

Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.

I'm so disappointed in Dani. The fact that it was cleaned changes nothing. Also, I have the feeling that there's no bleach in your world, so I'm questioning how clean it actually was.

Q: Have you ever had your heart broken?

Resa: No.

Winnie: If you say so eyeroll As for me, as I've said, not into dating. This is one reason. If you look hard enough, you can see that bad things happen to people in my family having relationships. Always. It's rather depressing.

Fi: I mean, not romantically, no.

Tee: I guess.

River: Go into more detail.

Tee: Not to you.

River: -_- Fine. Me... Wait, who will you go into detail for?

Tee: Not you. Answer.

River: Maybe I don't want to go into detail for you.

Tee: You're so obnoxious.

Q: Do you like flowers?

I'm so disappointed in Dani. The fact that it was cleaned changes nothing. Also, I have the feeling that there's no bleach in your world, so I'm questioning how clean it actually was.

Looking back I realize it sounded like she did this now, which... No... She was about eleven at the time. Not an excuse, it's still horrible, but I think it's far less horrible than a grown ass 15-year-old doing it. -.-

Dani is a bit too protective of her little sister and making her cry is still a terrible idea to this day, though. >.>

Tee: Not to you.
    River: -_- Fine. Me... Wait, who will you go into detail for?
    Tee: Not you. Answer.
    River: Maybe I don't want to go into detail for you.
    Tee: You're so obnoxious.

This made me laugh. But I'm also kind of annoyed because I want to know. -.-

Q: Do you like flowers?

Gabrielle: "If I didn't, Jo and I might have some serious problems."

Johanna: >.>

Gerald. "She planted them everywhere."

Gabrielle: "Everywhere."

Johanna: "They're pretty. And useful."

Kyle: "They make me sneeze. I hate spring."

Sebastian: "What season don't you hate at this point?"

Kyle: "...Summer." shrug

Dani: "I like them a reasonable amount. They're pretty to look at and stuff."

Lena: "Mom made this flower garden in a clearing near camp. I used to spend a lot of time there during Spring."

Dani: "...Why don't you ever go there anymore, though?"

Lena: "Too busy. I wonder why..." -.-

Dani: frown

Q: What is the worse physical injury you ever sustained (if any)?

• @Blackbird I was wondering if she was younger, but at the same time, I was just like "Dani that was rude. I don't care how old you are/were."

This made me laugh. But I'm also kind of annoyed because I want to know. -.-

Not sure if River has one beyond, like, their mother's death, but Tee's is totally plot relevant.

Kyle has something against seasons wow.

Q: What is the worse physical injury you ever sustained (if any)?

Winnie: I've had freaking brain trauma.

Resa: I'm still sorry about that.

Winnie: You should be -_-

Resa: To be fair, you knew the risks.

Winnie: I really don't think I did.

They hijacked one of their parents cars when they were 14 and 12 and it ended... poorly.

They were able to salvage the car, though, so there's that.

Fi: I have sustained a lot of physical injury but I don't know if any of it is particularly noteworthy.

Tee: I dunno.... I've done a lot of stupid stuff tbh

River: I almost lost a finger once a few years back and that sucked pretty badly.

Q: Have you ever had a nightmare?

"Dani that was rude. I don't care how old you are/were."

Dani: "I'm not proud of it, okay?" >.>

Lena: "Does mom even know you did this?"

Dani: "...Please don't."

Lena: "I'm telling mom."

Dani: "Lena. No. Nooo..." o.o

Welp, that's gonna end terribly. >.>

As an allergic person, I can't quite blame Kyle. Although, funny enough, flowers don't affect me all that much.

Tee: I dunno.... I've done a lot of stupid stuff tbh

Me. >.>

Q: Have you ever had a nightmare?

Gabrielle: "A few."

Gerald: "I don't know. I don't ever remember my dreams. I hope not." :/

Jo: "Yes."

Kyle: "I'm with Gerald on this one. I sleep like a rock."

Sebastian: "Hm... Weell... I'm not sure that's what I'd call them... But let's say that I have for the sake of this conversation."

Dani: "I have stress-induced nightmares. You know, the ones where you fail something simple and everyone judges you like you're a horrible person and suddenly you're completely alone because no one loves you anymore?" >.>

Lena: hugs "You need to calm down, kiddo."

Dani: "I know." -.-

Lena: "I've had nightmares, although, I don't think I could elaborate on that if I wanted to. I don't remember them most times, I just wake up feeling... Horrible."

Q: Have you ever done something hilariously stupid?

Dani: "I'm not proud of it, okay?" >.>
    Lena: "Does mom even know you did this?"
    Dani: "...Please don't."
    Lena: "I'm telling mom."
    Dani: "Lena. No. Nooo..." o.o
    Welp, that's gonna end terribly. >.>

And thus we reap the mistakes of our youth.

I get allergies really bad for about a week, usually before spring even begins because seasons are wacky here, and then I'm good for the rest of the year.

Dani: "I have stress-induced nightmares. You know, the ones where you fail something simple and everyone judges you like you're a horrible person and suddenly you're completely alone because no one loves you anymore?" >.>

I get those even when I'm not stressed :/

Q: Have you ever done something hilariously stupid?

Resa: This actually goes back to her brain trauma thing. You know, it was freaky at the time, but now it's just kind of hilarious.

Winnie: ...yeah. Totally. I almost convinced myself planes were okay, once.

Fi: That's pretty much the story of my life :/ Like, name one thing that wouldn't've happened to me if I wasn't stupid.

silence

Fi: Exactly.

River: I said I didn't like the home team during an important sports event that would be the difference between representing Pedestal nationally and falling back into obscurity.

Tee: I said "I guess you have a point with that" in response to her declaration.

Q: Do you like baking? (Actually I feel like I've asked this before, but I'm about to go bake, so it's on my mind.)

River: I said I didn't like the home team during an important sports event that would be the difference between representing Pedestal nationally and falling back into obscurity.
    Tee: I said "I guess you have a point with that" in response to her declaration.

This is sorta why I keep pretending to like soccer. Because Brazil. :P

Q: Do you like baking?

Gabrielle: "Not really."

Gerald: "Liking something, unfortunately, doesn't automatically make you decent at it."

Johanna: "I tried teaching Gerry to make muffins..." chuckle

Gerald: "Don't remind me..."

Johanna: "I would have tried them. You didn't let me."

Gerald: "Yes, because making you ill would make me feel better. Stupid." -.-

Johanna: pats his head

Kyle: "I never baked by myself, but Jo lets me help her sometimes. It's... Pretty fun."

Sebastian: "I don't particularly enjoy baking or cooking in general. I mean, I can if I have to, but I don't really care for it."

Dani: "I do actually. I just don't have a lot of free time or much access to the kitchens, but I manage sometimes."

Lena: "You do make good cookies."

Dani: "Pft, I make awesome cookies. They're good for apologies." >.>

Lena: "Ha. So that's why people put up with your nonsense."

Dani: "...Kinda, yeah."

Those must be really epic cookies. And now I want muffins. Apple cinnamon muffins. Meeeh. -.-

Q: What's the easiest way to make someone forgive you (assuming that you can)?

• @Blackbird It's almost that way about football here... Not quite, but almost.

Gerald: "Liking something, unfortunately, doesn't automatically make you decent at it."

Ah, that's not necessary. What matters is that it makes you happy.

Q: What's the easiest way to make someone forgive you (assuming that you can)?

Resa: Money.

Winnie: Or art.

Resa: Or money.

Winnie: Or blackmail.

Resa: Oh that's my favorite actually. I'm not sure how well that works for forgiveness, but to each their own, I guess.

Winnie: ....I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Fi: I can't make anyone angry for long periods of time. It's a canonical fact. Wait, no, there's one person. But I constantly rub salt in that wound and I don't really have any intention of making them forgive me, sooo....

River: I hang out with them. pause I'm charming.

Tee: People actually don't usually apologize to me because I think they think it's impossible for me to take offense to anything. Then they get angry when I get angry because they think that I have no reason to get angry. Then they patiently wait for me to apologize.

Q: How well do you keep up with fashion?

• @typical_demigod How do you blackmail someone into forgiving you?

Seriously... Teach me. o.o

River: I hang out with them. pause I'm charming.

And again I'm reminded of Dastan. lol

Q: How well do you keep up with fashion?

Gabrielle: "If it's clean, comfortable, and won't draw attention, I'll wear it."

Johanna: points at the hat

Gabrielle: "It's not a fashion statement, it has sentimental value." crosses arms "It's also twenty years old and far from what anyone would call fashionable for what I understand."

Johanna: "But it's cool." >.>

Gabrielle: "I don't wear it to be cool, though."

Gerald: "It's not old, it's... uhm... vintage? Yeah, it's vintage."

Gabrielle: "Leave my hat alone." -.-

To be fair I gave Gabrielle the hat because when I was looking for character images to add to my timeline I got a lot of images of Van Helsing when I typed "wolf hunter" into image search... and I did think it was a pretty cool kind of look for her. >.>

Gerald: "I honestly don't care. The only thing I hated when I lived with my mother was attending parties in the castle or worse; my grandfather's house, and having to wear formal attire and shiny shoes and being a proper gentleman... My mother wasn't what you'd expect of a noble lady on a day to day basis, but she could play the part. I honestly never wanted to learn."

Gabrielle: "Your mother was a noble, Tucker?"

Gerald: "My grandparents were nobles. My mother was... noble-born. Do you honestly think that fooling around with a healer and having a child outside of marriage would have gone over well with that lot? The only reason my grandfather even allowed us in his home was that my mother became a high-ranking officer and that fit his interests. The only reason we ever attended was because my grandmother was a decent enough person to actually want to know me and she was pretty ill, so kind of hard to say no."

Gabrielle: "Your mother sounds like she was a tough lady, doing all that."

Gerald: "Hmph, yeah. Can hardly believe she grew up in that house."

Johanna: "I'd like to dress up nice, but..." shrug

Gabrielle: "But what?"

Johanna: "Not much of a point, is there?"

Gabrielle: "Oh. Well, you can do it just because you want to. Are you afraid we're going to judge you for being overdressed or something?"

Johanna: sigh "No. Just... No one ever taught me that stuff."

Gabrielle: "I'm sure Tucker would know what's fancy. He's got experience." snort

Gerald: "Bite me."

Johanna: chuckle

Dani: "I can dress up nice if I want to. Or need to. But honestly? I'm sort of glad that the Wolfpack as a society is not very fashion-oriented. Do you know how troublesome it is to get into one of those silly overcomplicated dresses the noble girls wear?"

Lena: "Those don't even look good. And even if they did, I'd rather breathe, thank you." >.>

Dani: "Actual deathtraps are easier to get out of."

Lena: chuckle

I'm pleasantly surprised that the most fashion-savvy person in this group is Gerald. lol

Q: How do you feel about clowns?

• @Blackbird I'm not entirely sure. I'm pretty sure Winnie was naming off things they could do to make someone forget that they had done something to that someone, not actually earn forgiveness.... Especially because she has zero experience in blackmail.

Tbh if one of the guys wasn't at least somewhat fashion-savvy I was gonna be disappointed. I was even putting my money on Gerald being the fashion-savvy one, so I'm pleased.

This makes me think of a YouTube channel I found a while ago, Prior Attire.

Q: How do you feel about clowns?

shares not-creepy pictures

(Okay so I actually had to google that to make sure what a clown looked like because I haven't seen one in a while and it would've taken way too long to go through those for non-creepy pictures.)

Resa: Those are weird.

Winnie: Are they hot in those clothes?

Resa: You could try it.

Winnie: Ew. No.

Fi: I would wear that just to confuse people.

River: That's ugly.

Tee: It seems like the makeup is unnecessary. If they're happy, why don't they just smile themselves instead of wearing makeup that smiles for them?

Q: Do you have any lucky objects?

Tee: It seems like the makeup is unnecessary. If they're happy, why don't they just smile themselves instead of wearing makeup that smiles for them?

I feel like someone finally understands me. -.-

I don't like clowns. >.>

And huh, you almost know my characters better than me, because I had no clue about Gerald. Honestly never expected words like 'vintage' out of any of these characters. :P

Q: Do you have any lucky objects?

Gabrielle: "I don't believe in luck."

Johanna: points at the hat

Gabrielle: "It's not for lu-... You're just doing it to annoy me, aren't you?"

Johanna: grins "Yes."

Gabrielle: "Keeping something for sentimental value is not the same as believing it brings you luck."

Gerald: "What do you even believe in, Porter?"

Gabrielle: "I believe that what I believe doesn't matter. It's not like my opinion is going to alter reality, Tucker. If the Twins were real, they were real, and the fact I find that extremely unlikely has no effect on that. Believing that keeping some random piece of crap in your pocket will make good things happen won't, in fact, make them happen. It's just a belief."

Gerald: "The world must be really boring from your point of view."

Gabrielle: "After having an entire clan of assassins try to kill you, it's hard to be impressed by much, I'll admit. That's why I keep doing this... For the thrills."

Gerald: "...I'm not sure if you're serious right now."

Gabrielle: "Me neither." smirk

Johanna: "I don't feel particularly lucky."

Sebastian: "Kyle says I'm lucky to be alive."

Kyle: "I've also said you're too stupid to be alive some days."

Sebastian: "I believe both those statements to be true."

Dani: "Well, I've heard that crickets are lucky so... Sometimes?"

Lena: "Stop sleeping in the grass." -.-

Dani: "Pft, never." >.>

Q: If someone wanted to bribe you, what could they offer you that'd be impossible to refuse?

• @Blackbird Gerald just struck me about one of those people. can't recall specific references I was more pleased that he finally spilled his background because I've been trying to figure out his relationship with nobility for a little while now.

Sebastian and Kyle are each other's lucky objects, aren't they?

And the fact that Dani is okay with the fact that she just has crickets on her person at random times is... concerning.

Q: If someone wanted to bribe you, what could they offer you that'd be impossible to refuse?

Resa: I'm... not sure if there is anything? There are some things that you can't really reverse.

Winnie: An assassin offering to kill Mama? A paid tour of the Continents?

Resa: Nah.... The assassin thing would be tempting, but I already promised that I wouldn't kill her, so I couldn't take them up on that. And I could pay for a tour of the Continents myself, so...

Winnie: That's a good point.

Fi: I think the real question is, what are they trying to bribe me for? If they were trying to bribe me to pretend that they hadn't committed some terrible crime, the odds are that I would just ask them to pay for a meal for me or something, and then we'd be good. shrug I'm a simple man.

River: A train ticket out of town would be nice.

Tee: No bills forever.

River: If you don't live anywhere in particular, you won't have bills.

Tee: Pretty sure you would. Also, some of us prefer a place to call home.

Q: Are you a night owl or early bird?

Sebastian and Kyle are each other's lucky objects, aren't they?

I... hope... not. >.>

And the fact that Dani is okay with the fact that she just has crickets on her person at random times is... concerning.

Dani is a forest creature through and through. :P

I knew Gerald's mom was a big deal in the Newhaven military (she would've been White Knight Captain hadn't she died and that's basically the highest rank possible for a Knight) and that she was born in a noble family, but I didn't know what hers or Gerald's relationship with that family was until I started answering that question. Which is a good thing because I know now. ^^

I also now know why Gerald is such a blunt asshole all the time... Because he was generally not allowed to be back then. lol

Winnie and Resa's mom... what's up with that? They keep bringing her up here and there. ^.-

Q: Are you a night owl or early bird?

Gabrielle: "I feel like I've answered this before. I sleep when I can, whenever that is. I do prefer to be out at night, though. It's quieter." shrug

Gerald: "None of us sleeps much, to be honest, but Jo is usually the first to start going around in the morning. If you can call it morning, pretty sure she's already out before the Sun."

Kyle: "Well, we're supposed to up and ready for training by sunrise, so not much of a choice."

Gerald: "You absolutely do have a choice. You can skip training completely even if you so choose, boy."

Kyle: "Not without punishment."

Gerald: "Nothing in life is without consequences. I'd say facing those also makes for a valid learning experience."

Kyle: "Yeah, I don't trust you when you start saying things like that."

Sebastian: "I don't sleep very much, or well, but I do like being up early in the morning."

Dani: "Lena will drag me into training early in the morning whether I want to or not, but when I rarely get time off I like wandering the woods at night."

Lena: "You do understand you're not supposed to do that under any circumstance ever, don't you?"

Dani: sigh "I don't stray too far from camp, it's fine."

Lena: "Ugh... I wish you'd appreciate the fact that not wanting you to get killed is the greatest cause of my headaches."

Dani: "I do appreciate that. And if it helps, I really wouldn't want you to get killed either." smiles

Lena: =.= "Thanks."

Q: In your opinion, what is the most unforgivable act a person can commit?

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.