Creating a new character gives error message

• HI there, so I've been off for a month or so. Today I'm back working and trying to add a new character to my timeline. It looks pretty much the same as last time but I'm getting this: Error while creating element, type is required. I tried adding an image and got something like error creating element, crop box X not allowed. The error doesn't stay popped up long enough for me to read it all LOL I'm also getting this when trying to create a new event.

Am I missing something? What happened while I was gone? I created a new location no prob. Help!

Thank you!

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Hey @queent - I'll pass this on to one of our Keeps of Code Simon! He should be able to help!

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

@queent Hi, thanks for reaching out. I can reproduce this when creating an element from the timeline editor. Is that also where you're getting the error? I'm working on a fix, but until then you can work around it by either creating elements from the element list of your world.

I'll keep you posted on when the fix is deployed :-)

• @simon
    Yes, that's where I'm getting it. I work directly in the Timeline mostly. And I also noticed that some of my previous locations which I had colored coded (somewhat) are now all black. When I move one over, it goes the same color as the one that's already there. I created a new location, blue, and my previously created location, which now shows black, was red. And when I move it next to the new location, blue, it doesn't even stay black. It goes blue. This is in the timeline again. I'm working around it. I'll be okay til you fix it :)

Thanks!

@queent Hey again, we've pushed a fix for the issues, it should work as expected now (if not, please reach out). Thanks for letting us know!

As for the color problem, can you elaborate a little, I'm somewhat confused as to what is happening. They were black when logged in without having done anything? And does the black color persist when you refresh the page? Does it only change color when you move it next to another location? Sorry for the many questions :P

• @simon
    On the locations there's a little color band at the very bottom of the box, but the box where an image would go used to be white and now it's black. But I just tried it again and even though the image area is black, the color is coming up. So maybe it was okay and I don't know what I'm doing!
    The character thing is my main concern at this point. I'm not able to create any new ones to add to my timelines.

Thanks!

@queent Okay, great! The character creation should be fixed (since a couple of hours ago), let me know if it's not working! Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.