• I'm terrible at introducing myself because I never know what to say, but for starters, I joined Plotist this past Sunday (April 23). I joined because I was looking for a good website/program to make timelines on, and this place looked the most appealing.

I'm a senior in high school, and I only have two weeks left before my finals (yay -_-).

I've been writing stories since seventh grade. Sci-fi and fantasy are my two main writing genres, but I try to connect them to the real world as often as I can.

I don't do much outside of writing stories. I'm an introvert, so I don't exactly socialize with people. I'll occasionally read other books, but I spend more time re-reading my own stories than anything else.

I also spend a lot of time listening to music, which has recently turned me into a Hamilton fan. Being that I listen to music like it's water, I have become very good at memorizing song lyrics, to the point of which I memorized the whole Hamilton album in a month. Oddly enough, I barely know how to read sheet music and only have a basic knowledge of it, yet if I listen to a song enough times, I can sing it perfectly from memory.

Oops, went off on a tangent there.

Anyway...I'm working towards being (hopefully) a screenwriter or journalist, which is what I plan on going to college for.

I guess the only thing left for me to say is "there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!"

• 0_1493338076964_upload-7fe8ee5d-edec-4a4b-9f20-31d63eb2bd1d

You know, I've heard only great things about Hamiliton, but I have yet to read or hear anything from it myself :/

To an actual greeting: Hello! I'm sure you're having great fun with exams! I actually just finished my last exams today so I'm a happy happy person XD

How do you mean by connecting them to the real world? Do you tend to write mostly hard SF/urban fantasy, or are you talking in a different way?

• @typical_demigod
    When I say "connecting them to the real world", I mean something more of a realistic sci-fi/fantasy. I think of it as a parallel universe to the one we live in right now, where history and life as we know it are mostly the same, but technology is somewhat more advanced/accelerated and some fantastical creatures/objects are only known to few people.

Does that make more sense?

• Ello, welcome, have a free t-shirt!

alt text

doesn't have anything else to say so just stands here awkwardly o.o

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Welcome @swgirl4life :)

I'm glad you've come to Plotist! We have an incredible community here, and the people behind Plotist are interested in building the application, its features, etc for our users. :)

Hamilton is one of those things I have yet to see, but hear tons of good things about. As someone who lives, drinks, eats, works.. and well basically functions as a human only when music is around, it is wonderful to have yet another lover of music here! :D

Good luck on the last of your finals!

I've done journalism in my past life, and now am more of a editor (for things like our blog, books, though I occasionally do interviews, etc). Feel free to ask questions. I've done game journalism, live events, and all kinds of weird things. I'd be happy to pass on any knowledge I have if it helps! In fact that's kind of what this community is about. We share, support, and keep each other sane. As my forum signature points out, our characters make our lives rather ... interesting. :D

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey @swgirl4life!

Welcome to Plotist! Hope you manage to find a home here, with us. Anything you need, just let us know :)

Sci-fi and fantasy are my two main writing genres, but I try to connect them to the real world as often as I can.

This is great! I love both genres, specially sci-fi, and one of the things I love about it is how you can explore contemporary issues by creating worlds around them. This is something that Asimov and Heinlein did really well, and a reason I love Ursula K. Leguin so much.

@Blackbird, I need that t-shirt 0_0

• @swgirl4life Hello ^^ Welcome to Plotist. Hope you enjoy it here

@Blackbird Im just gonna get one of these now grabs a t-shirt and puts it on

• @swgirl4life That makes more sense :) Are you working on anything in particular?

@Blackbird hahahaha

It's funny because on the internet I'm fairly extroverted but IRL I can't start a conversation unless someone talks to me first.

• @Blackbird
    I would definitely wear that t-shirt

• @typical_demigod said in Newbie:

@swgirl4life That makes more sense :) Are you working on anything in particular?

At the moment, I am writing a couple of fanfics, one of them being based on Hamilton. I'm also developing a few sci-fi and a few fantasy stories. I have this habit of working on multiple stories at once because I get bored if I focus on one story for too long.

If you're interested, you can check out what I have on Wattpad. https://www.wattpad.com/user/EmJay_Rogers

• @swgirl4life Hey, I'm gonna check out your Wattpad sometime later, but you can also share things in the Share Your Work section if you want. I think we all have at least one thing posted there also if you wanna check it out. :)

I keep hearing about Hamilton everywhere... I do not know what it's about. o.O

• @Blackbird It's a musical about Alexander Hamilton's life, I believe.

@swgirl4life

I have this habit of working on multiple stories at once because I get bored if I focus on one story for too long.

Same. I'm worldbuilding for a story I'm going to start in the next few months, working on a Camp Nanowrimo project (which I plan on finishing by June), and trying to figure out what to do with my SF story. Luckily, school is out for the summer. I'll have plenty of time, right!? XD

• @typical_demigod Oh. That actually sounds really interesting.

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.