• It's me! I discovered Plotist a few days ago. Thank goodness! I'm writing my cozy series and I was getting so confused about what my characters and done and when! My attempts at being organized worked to an extent but not as well as I wanted. I think Plotist is my thing now. The timeline is helping immensely!

I'm married, have grown kids, 4 dogs, and work FT. My New Year's resolution, which I never make, is to get my first book totally done. I've been working on it longer than I had planned. I'm tired of my family asking me, when is that going to be done??? I'm rewriting now and soon I'll self-publish. That's a whole different project.

Anyhoo, I'm just happy to have found something to keep me organized and from going crazy trying to finish my book.

• @queent Hello! How are you this [insert time of day here]?

Indeed, first books are hard; I'm in the same boat of trying to finish mine, though I'm not completely sure what I'll do with it when I finish :P What is your story about?

• Plotist Team: Timeline Master

Welcome to the forums @queent! Glad you're finding Plotist useful to help you organise (I'm a bit of a timeline-er too!)

What kind of book are you writing (unless that's private of course!) From "cozy series" I would guess maybe family saga... or romance? I am the same with new year's resolutions... love writing them but keeping them is a different story! I do think it's useful to atleast make an attempt at them though and we've been recording our writer's resolutions here!

BTW what kind of dogs do you have? I'm a sucker for dogs @_@

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey @queent! Welcome to Plotist!

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are always working hard to make things better and it feels great when someone stops to tell you they love what you are doing.

When I started with Plotist I was in the same situation as you are now. After hitting 10k I would start getting lost in my own writing and losing interest because it was taking me longer to find myself than writing some more. Now I write more code than prose, but the moment I get some spare time I'll start my novel again.

Good luck with your New Year's resolution! And don't hesitate to come here to share the joys and frustrations, we've all been there :)

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

I would have jumped in to say "Howdy" had my power not been out yesterday. However, welcome! It's fantastic to have you here!

I second @typical_demigod in wondering what your story is about! Curiosity and all! I hope you'll be willing to jump into our fun discussions about our Worlds and our Characters. :)

And the process can be daunting, but we totally got your back!

• Thank you for the warm welcome!

No, my story isn't a secret. I'm writing a cozy mystery series about an older woman who is a dog groomer solving mysteries in her little town. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if I have too many characters! It's not terribly original, although there aren't too many with a profession like this.

I actually finished the book earlier this summer, sent it to my sis-in-law for proofing, and now I'm rewriting. In the process of rewriting, I'm getting all confused about when, what, where, etc, thus my thrill of finding this timeline business! And of course, I've changed a few things along the way.

I started reading this genre a few years ago and then decided to try and write one. I'm going the self-publishing route as well so we'll see how that goes. I've got ideas for other books in this series and a children's book and possibly I'll try my hand at a more thriller type.

So nice to meet all of you!

• @Sian We have 4 dogs. The pic I uploaded was gigantic so I took it down. They are all little. Our oldest, Titus, is 19 and on his last months we think, poor fella. He's a cockapoo. Then we have Mabel, a terrier mix, Stella, a Shih Tzu, and Paco, our tiny chihuahua. Of course, all my babies. I'll find a different pic to upload.

• Plotist Team: Timeline Master

@queent Dog groomer detective?! I love it! (One of my favourite detective book series is about a birdwatching constable : )

• @Sian Thank you! I was a dog groomer awhile back so that helps too. I read a series about a cat that I really liked. I can't remember the name of it, of course!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.