Using Other in Timelines

• I'm so happy I finally found a way to be better organized when writing my book. I'm already to the rewrite stage but I'm building my timeline as I go along so the next book will be much more organized.

My question is about the 'Other' element. I'm using the Location element to indicate days of the week, which someone else suggested and is a great idea. However, there's also the Other element, that I thought might work. I made one but then when I go into the Timeline to plot it, there's no way for me to find it. Am I missing something? I only see events, locations, characters and objects. Is this not usable or what?

• Plotist Team: Keepers of Code

Hey @queent!

We limited the types of elements available on the timeline on purpose, as it would make it easier for us to implement a really cool feature in the near future that requires timeline to have only those types of elements.

We are reconsidering this, though, and we might add the option of having Others on the timeline in the next release (end of January) or soon after.

So no, you were not missing anything. It was just us being a bit inconsistent for a good cause. Sorry about that!

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

Just going to move this topic to our help / support as I am sure others may have a question about this as well and it helps to keep all feedback in one place for us! :)

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.