Intertextuality: Are your novels talking behind your back?

• administrators

Let’s talk about intertextuality.

Click here to see the full blog post

• Plotist Team: Timeline Master

I read Flaubert’s Parrot back when I was living in Rouen – and have indeed seen the (2) parrots as well as the “Bovary grave” in Ry. But I also remember the passage about the purple eyes as the anecdote was really amusing – I think the student complained that the eye colour wasn’t consistent, right? But Flaubert had intended it that way. I have to confess I haven’t tried a Raymond Chandler novel yet though! Any recommendations? My go-to “purple eyed” character is still Daenerys and the Targaryens… I have read Tamora Pierce but have only vague memories that I liked Jonathan better than George XD

• Plotist Team: Teller of Tales

I have warmed to George being the correct choice since graduating from the "teens" - I don't think I understood it much before. I feel I need to go re-read them all and get back into the shipping community!! I've only read "The Big Sleep" and that was back at school - another writer to return to!!

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.