Tip Tuesday Round Up: Writing resolutions

• administrators

Need some help setting new writing goals for 2017? Check out these suggestions from around the web

Click here to see the full blog post

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

I think sometimes it helps to remove the cotton gloves from my writing self esteem and take a bit of tough love to keep me on the straight and narrow. I really love this collection of tips and I know I will be referring to them frequently during the upcoming year.

• Plotist Team: Timeline Master

Your resolution is to be harsher on your writing? That is definitely tough love @josey!

I think mine will be to take those little stories that are lying around my computer and house half-finished, and see if I can polish them and make them into something else, like maybe to enter into a short story competition, or see if they could be the first chapter of a new story. I need to set really simple challenges otherwise I know I won't hit them!

• @Sian said in Tip Tuesday Round Up: Writing resolutions:

I think mine will be to take those little stories that are lying around my computer and house half-finished, and see if I can polish them and make them into something else...

This is actually something I've considered doing to practice my plot-doctoring skills.

• Plotist Team: Community Storyteller

@Sian said in Tip Tuesday Round Up: Writing resolutions:

Your resolution is to be harsher on your writing? That is definitely tough love @josey!

I find if I just keep coddling my pieces, I end up in an almost stagnant state. I want to improve, and if I fear feedback, or harsh criticism, or just pat myself on the back and give in to excuses, I will not grow. I think I have come to the point in my life where I fear not growing more than the criticism that is possible :D

@Sian @typical_demigod Maybe you could look at doing a collection of short stories. Anthology type things. :D

Looks like your connection to Plotist's Awesome Writers was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.